[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Guy acts like jerk to everyone > "I can't help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: 2848413906_69d9093b9f_z.jpg (55KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
2848413906_69d9093b9f_z.jpg
55KB, 500x333px
>Guy acts like jerk to everyone
> "I can't help it, my character's charisma is only an 8."
>>
File: tumblr_n3mciaJGnR1t076wso1_500.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n3mciaJGnR1t076wso1_500.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
>>44729986

>guy acts like jerk to everyone
>"anon we can't handle the bantz, can you tone it down?"
>>
>>44729986
>be cranky about players behaviour
>"I'll make a shit thread on /tg/ so that everybody can vent with me"
>>
>>44729986
>Guy tries to kill anything and everything that moves
>"I can't help it, my character's int is only 8."
>>
>>44730001
>be cranky
the only context I've ever seen this word used in would suggest to postpone session by a week
>>
>>44729986
I pull him aside at the bathroom break and explain how charisma isn't tied to being "good-looking" or "being a nice guy" - it's probably the least intuitive stat of the six, and he's certainly not the first or the last to muck it up.

If he keeps acting like a jerk and points to his cha score, then I throw his ass out.
>>
>>44729986
>Guy acts like a self-absorbed fuckwit.
>"Why do all the NPCs hate my character? He has 18 cha!"
>>
>>44729986
>Guy acts like low-test beta
>"I can't help it, my character's charisma is only an 8"
>>
>>44730017
>You immediately behead a player character who starts doing psychotic shit like attacking random civilians in the first in-game day of meeting them
>"Whaah, DM, why did you let anon kill me?"
>"I didn't let him, he just did it, probably because he's Lawful and thought you were a deranged psychopath trying to kill people"
>"I didn't know this was going to be a game with PVP! Muh just doing what my character would do!"
>"I even warned you to stop or I would stop you."
>"I thought that was ooc"
Apparently he was chaotic neutral. I'm guessing the GM was caught off guard and waiting to see if he had some sort of reasoning behind the attacks other than "he insulted me" before shifting his alignment to CE, but the rest of the players and I got an inkling that he was just a "lolsorandumb" player with his incessant out of context meme spewing and shitty jokes. I was actually playing as a rather combat-unoptimized character and didn't expect to take him down (barbarian) at level one even with the help of a local town guard, but watching some shirtless goon try to murder somebody in broad daylight just isn't "what muh character would do!"
>>
>>44729986
well, he has a point
>>
>>44729986
>anon posts a lame-ass whining thread
>"I can't help it, I only have 8 Wisdom!"

Here, have a sage to consult.
>>
Reminder: Playing a character who's a cunt does not give you a free pass to be a cunt.
>>
>>44729986
>Guy considers himself to be an intellectual
>gets pissed off when his low-int berserker isn't allowed to pass for a genius to get into Mage academy
>>
>>44731187
Jesus, that's the worst.

Naw, nigga. If your character's stupid as hell, you don't get to bypass the system and spout these super complicated plans for the party to follow.
>>
>low int character
>come up with bad plans and play it straight
>party actually follows it and we get banjaxed
fug
>>
>>44729986
I sorta did that once. I forget the exact name of the trait, but it essentially made my already poor charisma Shadowrun Troll even more belligerent and antisocial. Instead of being an outright dick to people he would just stay quiet unless spoken to, then he would be a massive asshole.
>>
Honestly, INT, WIS, and CHA shouldn't exist.

There is nothing more cringe worthy than a moron trying to role play a high INT character, an oblivious manchild trying to role play a high WIS character, or a spergy neckbeard with no social skills trying to role play a high CHA character.
>>
>>44730500
Even a neutral-wish group would kill a fellow PC who goes full on murderhobos.
Since being an accomplus to murder likely carries the same punishment as murder.
I can see any reasonable group killing a pyscho PC.
>" he was going to get us all killed/imprisoned "
>>
>>44732875
I can even see an evil group killing a fellow PC for random acts of violence that bring unwanted attention to the group. Perhaps even quicker than a good group.
Evil guys don't care about innocents, but you're messing up their plans..and they're evil, so no issues killing a PC pyscho in their sleep.
>>
>>44731020
If a player came to me with, "I want to roleplay a total asshole," I wouldn't condone it.

The only truly badwrong fun is fun at the other players' expense.
>>
I once played an 8 chs character who was very gregarious and outgoing. Unfortunately he was completely obnoxious, cobstantly swore and would babbke incessantly, and frequently made embarassing confessions by accident. Like a real annoying son of a bitch. Great tank though
>>
>>44731187
>his low-int berserker isn't allowed to pass for a genius to get into Mage academy
>Not just doing a quest to be let in anyway

Step it up hero.
>>
>>44732813
We had this thread yesterday.

To sum it up: you're being a dick.
>>
>>44732982
I don't know what you talked about, so I think the one doing random unfounded name calling is the dick.
>>
>>44732982
>We had this thread yesterday.
We have that thread EVERY day.
>>
>>44729986
> cha·ris·ma (kə-rĭz′mə)
>n. pl. cha·ris·ma·ta (-mə-tə)

>a. A rare personal quality attributed to leaders who arouse fervent popular devotion and enthusiasm.
>b. Personal magnetism or charm: a television news program famed for the charisma of its anchors.

A low charisma value would thus mean that the character can not arousr as much fervrnt popular devotion or is not as strong of a personal magnet to others.

Being a dick makes you a magnet with it's poles flipped. You begin zo repulse people.
Thus, it depends on the setting what rules apply to values below average.
>>
>>44733272
You left out the other meaning of charisma, "a divinely conferred power." Th apostles had the gift of tongues, for example.

Charisma is the offensive mental stat, Wisdom is the defensive, and Intelligence is the qualitative.
>>
>>44733272
Wow, you should be glad the definition doesn't say "personal gravity" instead of "personal magnetism", because your whole argument would be void.
>>
>>44733272
This is also how Charisma works in proper systems, like WoD.

Charisma has nothing to do with your appearance or personality. Charisma is your "presence". A high charisma character will be noticed when he enters a room, a low charisma character will not. How they notice him, and what impression they get of him, is entirely dependent on the character in question. Thus, one might be instantly likeable, and another might strike fear in everyone present.

Being a cunt is a choice, but a cunt with 1 charisma wouldn't really be someone people would bother themselves with, unless he actively attacked people - And that has nothing to do with charisma at all. A guy with max charisma can still be a homicidal maniac.
>>
>>44733577
>A high charisma character will be noticed when he enters a room, a low charisma character will not.
I want to use this excuse to foil every smug, smooth talking rogue ever trying to hide in a crowd.
Make his Cha modifier count against his stealth rolls.
>>
>>44733443
>offensive-defensive-qualitative
Oh.. wow
I've never actually thought about it this way...
and strength is physical offensive, constitution is physical defensive, and dexterity is physical qualitative.... oh wow.
Thanks!
>>
>>44733272
>Being a dick makes you a magnet with it's poles flipped. You begin zo repulse people.

Completely untrue.

See: Donald Trump
>>
>>44732982
Link it? I could use some fucker being blown right out.
>>
>>44734149
>Cha modifier count against his stealth rolls
I wish that was true. People who are obnoxious or repulsive can be pretty noticable too. There are a few such people who I can't help but notice.

I'd apply it more as a circumstantial thing. Someone might get a penalty for having a distinctive appearance or voice. Like if someone is exceptionally handsome or hideous, has noticeable features (like being quite obese, overly tall, wears an uncommon hairstyle), he might not be so good at fitting into a crowd of average people. And on the other hand, if you look like a slimy crooked bastard, you might have no trouble at all fitting in at a den of crooks and thieves.
>>
File: boredpepe.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
boredpepe.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>44729986
>guy acts like a jerk in-character because his character has negatives in the overall pleasantness department
>neckbeard virgins take it personally because they're braindead autists

You fuckers need to get it through to your heads that I REEEEEEE against normies for your own good, you D&D mongoloids.
>>
>>44732100
>Play LOG 1 Troll in SR
>Come up with ridiculous plans that make almost no sense
>Party executes plans, follows orders perfectly
>Heists and operations pulled off without a hitch.

This ended violently later on though when my troll met a horrible fate. Felt good while it worked. Apparently going in the front door and questioning the status of the people questioning your status works.
>>
>>44734746

Here ya are >>44717379
>>
>>44729986
Why don't you
>act in character?

Seriously, it's not difficult!
>>
>>44732813
More cringey then a flabby fatty trying to play a high STR character? Why are you even playing pretend?
>>
>>44732972
>>44733272
How are you so bad at typing? What browser are you using that doesn't have a built-in spellcheck?
>>
>>44735905
There are a lot of deleted posts in that thread.
>>
>>44736130
He probably got B&
>>
>>44736180
Based on responses to the deleted posts, and the fact that that thread is being linked back to ANOTHER thread, I'm gonna hazard a guess it's our old ban-dodging pal virt.
>>
>>44736230
That's what we supposed

>>44729986
>boohoo my player has a perfect explanation for his low CHA score but I don't like it
Low CHA can be a lot of different things, being a jerk to everyone works.
>>
>>44732813
>unless your character is you, you can't play it.
Why even play at all then?
>>
>>44736130
Try the archived copy. https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44717379/
>>
>>44736029
>>44736775

I agree with you two, but there is a difference. Specifically, the difference between tabletop and LARPing. Like, LARP would remove the difference, but in a bad way, if that makes any sense.

If a fatty plays a high strength character, he doesn't try to lift something up to demonstrate. That would just look sad. No, the GM just says "Okay, you lift the thing. What do you want to do with it." and it's over and done with.

So, if you're a low INT player with a high INT character, your GM should let you say "I come up with a cunning plan." And if you're a low CHA player with a high CHA character, you should just tell the GM "I manipulate the guard into killing his teammates and giving us the keys to the vault." There. Now the game is cringe-free. I fixed it for you.

What? You want to know *how* the character manipulates the guard? I don't know. That's not my job. It's not yours either, obviously. I mean, you can't. You're just the low-CHA player, so nobody should expect you to actually know how to manipulate people, right? The GM is just going to have to either simplify it and accept it, or come up with a reasonable explanation himself. After all, he doesn't want cringe in his game, and you're already doing your part to keep your cringe inside. This way it's fair, right?
>>
>>44736775
>unless your character is you, you can't play it.
>Why even play at all then?

So that anon can call you names and get attention.
>>
>>44737225
This... This is advanced autism.
>>
>>44737348
Bad day at school, Anon?
>>
>>44737348

Playing like this is boring at best and cancerous at worst. I don't expect the Wizard with 20 Int to write me a thesis or something but if tells me "I come up with a cunning plan." that ain't shit to work with.

We're playing a game together to have fun telling a collaborative story. Shoot for the moon. Remember that time a clever bastard character hoodwinked everybody? Pretend you're him and try it. That's the whole appeal!

But gotta make people act like meek robots to avoid "muh cringe." You know what that usually causes Anon? They don't try things and just make a different mistake related to inaction.

Give me some players who try shit just to see what happens over some scared ride-alongs any day... and yeah I know the GM is supposed to help in that case. But some people clam up so much you can't even force it out of them.
>>
>>44732813
That's what dice rolls are for you faggot.
>>
>>44730500
I introduce some of the dankest memes printed on a black and white needle printer at the beginning of a session. That usually shuts down any memes.
Just use the cringiest shit, really hit them over the head with it.
>>
>>44729986
>people confusing charisma as force of personality with quality of personality

Douchebags have higher charisma scores than shy girls. The lowest charisma people aren't the mean ones, it's the ones who are so fucking boring and interesting they blend into the wall.
>>
>>44737596

Nah, this is just my way of admitting I don't really have a solution either. Like, I started off making a point, but somehow went into modest proposal mode aimed at myself because I didn't want that point to ruin the argument.

I'm more of an enemy to myself than anyone else will ever be, so I've got to take the initiative and get the first strike on him. I mean me.

>>44737598

Usually the cringe avoidance is self-inflicted by people who've fallen victim to it and can't forgive themselves for it ever. Once burned, twice shy and all that. It's retarded, but it's human nature to want to prevent yourself and everyone else from getting burned.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.