[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vertigo Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: sandman.jpg (37KB, 584x338px) Image search: [Google]
sandman.jpg
37KB, 584x338px
/tg/, help me, I am obsessed. Tonight I was dreaming and in my dream I met Daniel Hall, the current avatar of the Dreaming from Vertigo.
It's 5 am right now and I can't go back to sleep because I am obsessed with an idea of a Vertigo and wider DC multiverse based roleplay now.
A game where you can be a creature from one of the realms in Orrery of Gods, like Dream and Nightmare or Hell, hell even New Gods and Para-Demons and such could work. The roleplay itself would be lots of strange interdimensional travel with "2deep4u" stuff going on, plot and characters similar to Sandmax and Hellblazer and all of that jazz. Players would get to explore their characters feelings and perspectives on life in a constantly shifting conceptual multiverse.
Where can I run that? What system would you suggest? I need a game that is mystical, flexible with high power level and lots of different magical classes so I can fluff it as a creature from The Dreaming or a Demon or a New God or whatever. Also this is one of those few times where I think that a less crunchy system and more of a fluffy system would work better
Just go with Fate? Maybe some nWoD game like Mage?
>>
File: Daniel_Hall_001.jpg (79KB, 398x600px) Image search: [Google]
Daniel_Hall_001.jpg
79KB, 398x600px
>>44720741
>>
>>44720741
anyone?
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 288x288px
>>44720741
You're welcome
>>
>>44721154
I...uh, thanks, I am reading this and it seems perfect.
>>
>>44721154
Came in here to post this, as I often describe Nobilis as "Vertigo: the RPG".
>>
>>44721154
>2nd edition is super pretentious, and kind of stuck up it's own ass
>3rd edition is full of awful "Humor", and cutesy stuff.
Why can't we just have a good balance? Still a good system though, for what it sets out to do.
>>
>>44720741
I really wish we had a better idea of what Dream could actually do. I get his powers are supposed to be kind of vague, and nebulous, but the rest of them are pretty easy to get a general understanding of. His just seem to have no real rhyme or reason to them.

>inb4 "That's the point, it's just like dream logic"
>>
>>44722205

How was the first edition?
>>
>>44722372
>How was the first edition?
Doesn't exist in this reality anymore.
>>
>>44722372
This: >>44722396
I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy. And, 3rd edition is fine, just got an awful writing style. The mechanics are fine.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.