[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Orks who worship chaos gods possible? Wanted to create an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 26

File: Ork_Nobs_Charge.jpg (353KB, 1107x980px) Image search: [Google]
Ork_Nobs_Charge.jpg
353KB, 1107x980px
Are Orks who worship chaos gods possible? Wanted to create an Ork army who worshiping Nurgle.
>>
>>44715005
There have been instances of Orks mistaking a statue of Nurgle for Gork/Mork because it was green. As long as you can come up with a decent reason for it, Orks can fit nearly any idea.
>>
Yes. There is a picture of Nurgle-tainted Orks in the Daemonhunters codex.
>>
File: gen_lg.jpg (183KB, 800x591px) Image search: [Google]
gen_lg.jpg
183KB, 800x591px
>>44715005
Well, we had a Genestealer Cult aligned with Khorn, but that was a long time ago.
>>
File: aBO2Sh7.jpg (492KB, 2086x768px) Image search: [Google]
aBO2Sh7.jpg
492KB, 2086x768px
>>44715005
They were a thing.

Notice the MoN on the ork on the right.

I didn't read anything that rectify them.
>>
>>44715879
Now that i look better, everybody have the Mark on their armour.
>>
>>44715879
Its been soft-canon since 3rd, while I think it was hard-canon in earlier editions. 3rd moved away from it with the Orks psychic gestalt thing, but they kept it with things like in the Demonhunters codex.
>>
>>44715005
Totally do-able, just say that Orks think that Nurgle is mork(or maybe gork).
Maybe their warboss is possessed with a Nurgle deamon and leading the orks to cause havoc.

If you want nerd-shield, Deamon-Hunters 3rd edition codex, Why Deamon Hunters would fight Orks part.
And If someone says that old lore is retconned because of Matt Ward, just spit in their face.
>>
>a great ork warlord sends out his meganob generals to expand his empire
>one of them gets wounded by nurgle deamons
>his weirdboy saves him from the disease using strange un orky ritual
> he takes half the meganobz and there forces into chaos worship
the orkas eresy
>>
>>44715005
I remember reading something about it, where an Ork could easily turn to Khorne worship, but he's not about to go yelling "BLUDD FER DA BLUDD GOD" unless he wants his Gork and Mork-fearing buddies to rip him to shreds.
So they can, they just have to keep it on the down low.
>>
>>44715005
It's possible, and orks have been corrupted into worship before.

Nurgle has happened, Khorne is obviously especially common, even if he's not orky. I believe there used to be hints that the Bad Moons worshipped Tzeentch. Only one they probably wouldn't care for is Slaanesh, except maybe Speed Freaks gone wrong.
>>
>>44715005
If I recall there was a whole Ork Waagh! That ended up worshiping Nurgle, the main clan/tribe did at least. It fell apart because the larger tribe began to more resemble plague bearers than Orks, and the rest of the Waagh! turned on them.
>>
>>44718466
>Slaanesh Speed Freaks
More likely then you would think.
>>
>>44720204

I'd say that orks are more likely to fall to Slaanesh than to Khorne.

Khorne is the god of rage, Slaanesh is the god of glory. Orks don't feel anger at their foes (which is what Khorne gets off on/lures people with), they revel in the act of combat itself.
>>
>>44721125
Makes sense. Slaanesh is all about excess, and Orks can never get enough Dakka
>>
>>44721198

The orkish mind is one of obsession to excess (meks, doks, dakka, speed), not rage.
>>
File: GORKANMORK.jpg (162KB, 579x612px) Image search: [Google]
GORKANMORK.jpg
162KB, 579x612px
>>44721125
>I'd say that orks are more likely to fall to Slaanesh than to Khorne.

You sure about that?
>>
>>44721125
> they revel in the act of combat itself.

Khorne is the god of bloodshed. He cares not from whence the blood flows.
>>
>>44715005
The Canon answer is "Yes, but they are very rare. And most of them that do are killed by other orks for being Unorky."
>>
Why would orks follow Nurgle? Sick people don't put up good fights, and orks don't suffer from existential crisis.
>>
File: The emperor's greenest.jpg (984KB, 730x1310px) Image search: [Google]
The emperor's greenest.jpg
984KB, 730x1310px
Dunno about chaos, but there are Orks who fight for the Imperium.
>>
>>44721368

Coz 'e's big, green, and ded 'ard.
>>
>>44721459

'ee's not 'ard, 'ee's all squishy-like!

Like Makari :<
>>
>>44721125
>Slaanesh is the god of glory
Not really. He's the god of masturbation.
>>
>>44721125
You do realize that even WITHOUT worshiping him, orks cause so much violence and bloodshed that Khorne has vaguely orkoid facial features, right?
>>
>>44721522
>le meme

El oh el, my good sir!
>>
>>44721522
No. Slaanesh governs pretty much all desire and excess, which could be a desire to become the best swordsman, an excessive amount of stimulation of the nerves using high speeds, or excessive noise.
>>
>>44721388
I know you're memeing, but it used to be canon for orks to be hired out by Inquisitors and the like as mercenaries or paid off by Governors to just leave (sometimes orks just wanted shiny gubbins to fight bigger fights elsewhere, but more often they'd take the payoff and then invade anyways).

Hell, there used to be Blood Axe warbands with undercover commissars acting as "advisers" to the Warboss and manipulating him into acting in the interests of the emperor.
>>
>>44721459
'e looks softa den a 'umie's gubbinz after oi've stomp on it, hurr hurr. Dat always 'as 'em yellin', good fer a laff.
>>
>>44721388
Orks can be bribed to fight for the imperium, however unless you're an (radical) Ordo Xenos inquisitor to do so is highly likely to be considered heresy and will probably get you executed.

Orks are pretty unruly troops too, and there's the problem of having them fight for you *will* cause an ork infestation sometime later.

Also, no orks worship the emperor. That's both un-orky and against the imperial dogma (it's the imperium of man, not man and his friends).

Convincing orks to work for you usually requires promising them a fight if you're smart, or giving them weapons (if you're dumb). Even if they don't betray you, it kicks the can down the road due to later orkoid infestation.
>>
>>44715005
They've got similar ideals to Khorne when it comes to killing things, and they like the green of Nurgle. Tzeentch has cunning, they do like that. Slannesh doesn't have too much other than going really, really fast going for it.
>>
>>44721554
I'm not joking. He's all about self-gratification first and foremost. The only reason he'd glorify glory is by telling you how good it feels to be admired, and how you deserve to be admired because you're just so awesome. Would you fuck you? Because you should want to fuck you.

And so on and so forth.
>>44721581
Exactly. All of those are masturbatory and self-obsessed goals.
>>
>>44721298

The question wasn't "which chaos god do orks feed more" (although I'd say it's still a toss-up between S and Big K), it's "which chaos god would orks fall to". The pursuit of excess leads to Slaanesh, orks pursue excess for its own sake, QED.
>>
>>44721640

That argument would lead to you claiming all Khornates fall to Slaanesh due to excess of bloodshed or anger or violence.

Only Flashgitz would fall to Slaanesh.
>>
>>44721617
Khorne's the red one, though.
>>
>>44721640

Orks pursue excess of violence, for violence's sake. They are Khorne.

Orks don't pursue excess of useless shit or pleasurable things, despite the fact that they find combat pleasurable.
>>
File: More_Dakka_by_MajesticChicken.jpg (452KB, 784x477px) Image search: [Google]
More_Dakka_by_MajesticChicken.jpg
452KB, 784x477px
>>44721586
I need to read The Emperor's Greenest again because it sounds pretty legit for me. Orks aren't the smartest (the protagonist was able to trick him into blowing himself up).
But I want to look into the ways the Imperium has used orks as tools.
Have any links to the commissioner being an adviser to a warboss?
>>
>>44715005
In ye olden days, Stormboyz were the rebellious young orks that did everything differently. Like marching in line, wearing uniforms and worshiping khorne.
As has been mentioned the Demonhunter codex in 3rd edition gave justifications for each faction fighting against demon hunters, the example given for orks was a nurgle warband.

So yes, it's possible and there is official precedent.
It's very rare though so you don't see it often.
>>
>>44721681
>excess of violence
WOT YA TRYIN' TA SAY YA GIT, DAT DERE'S EVAH TOO MUCH KRUMPIN' TO BE 'AD?
>>
File: Culture vs Kultur.jpg (255KB, 800x1151px) Image search: [Google]
Culture vs Kultur.jpg
255KB, 800x1151px
>>44721746
>Have any links to the commissioner being an adviser to a warboss?
Nah, it's just a picture I've seen floating around of an older codex where the Blood Axes had both Ogryn members as well as some human mercs (and the aforementioned undercover Commissar among said mercs) to round out their numbers.

Sort of like how Stormboys used to be the result of angsty teenage orks not being able to handle the unorganized ruckus of Gork and Mork, so they dabbled in Khornate worship and did silly things like marching in formation and practice drills. Of course, they grow out of such mucking about as they get older and more carefree, but that's why Stormboys were originally a reference to Nazi stormtroopers.

Here's an overview of how Ork's see the Imperium, however.
>>
File: 1430164949182.jpg (1MB, 1059x1722px) Image search: [Google]
1430164949182.jpg
1MB, 1059x1722px
>>44721972
I got you anon.
>>
>>44722227
Is that a Shower Squig on the left underneath the robot?
>>
>>44722375
Looks more like an attack squig. Lots of different kinds of squigs in there though - I can see a squigpipe.
>>
>>44721972
>>44722227

I always wanted to make a Blood Axe merc ally army that followed the Imperial Cult (or their own Cargo Cult interpretation of the IC, at least).

The "Come the Apocolypse" status in 7E really bummed me out.
>>
>>44722583
Not really sure why they did that, but I think they made allies more flexible overall in 7E, right? You can still ally them.
>>
File: Squiggly beasts.jpg (864KB, 2524x1634px) Image search: [Google]
Squiggly beasts.jpg
864KB, 2524x1634px
>>44722375
Could be. There be a squig for everything.
>>
>>44723141
So are squigs actually meat, or are they fungi like orks?
>>
File: City 3.png (1MB, 907x1331px) Image search: [Google]
City 3.png
1MB, 907x1331px
>>44723245
They're literally orks/a different subspecies of orkoid, just the same as everything else born from The Drops.
>>
>>44723278
It says that they breed there, but it doesn't say that they're fungus creatures like the other orkoids. Considering how crucial they are to Ork society, they might just bring squigs everywhere with them.
>>
File: Rutted Gob Buster.jpg (55KB, 355x305px) Image search: [Google]
Rutted Gob Buster.jpg
55KB, 355x305px
>>44723361
They're orkoids, as they even show up on worlds with Snakebitez and other feral orks (in greater numbers, no less). Hell, certain attack squigs even share the same facial features as orks.

The thing about orks is that they aren't just an invasion force, they're a hyperaggressive terraforming project as well. Everything from the biggest warboss to the smallest rutted gob buster grows from the same spores.
>>
>>44721781
> excess of violence
> violent excess
WHOZ DIZ SLAAK AND KRAAHK YA TALKIN 'BOUT?!
>>
>>44721302
> unorky
> obsessing with Dakka and stompin' 'umies
How can that be unorky?
>>
>>44718387
Orruks tha warmasta, the most trusted ork of ghazzkull
>>
If you're running under 1st edition lore and logic (which is a lot more fun in my opinion.) then yes! In fact, there were rules for chaos ork warbands, possessed weirdboyz, Khorne Worshipping stormboyz and mutie boyz. There's no reason you can't and shouldn't run a Nurgle ork army.

>"Gork, 'ez Brutal yet kunnin... Weze know dat."
>"And Mork, 'ez kunnin yet Brutal... Muffin wrong wif dat neifer."
>"But Nurgle..."
>The oozing sore ridden mass of muscle hacked and choked, spraying spittle in what you assume to be a bout of laughter.
>'E makez us Ded 'ard!"
>>
>>44725037
I forgot to mention something. You see beyond intolerance of genestealer ork ("Deyz tryin' ta sell us out to the bug eyez.) and slight discomfort around mutie boyz (Datz just strange dat iz.) Orkz in first edition didn't really give two squig drops about orkz Worshipping chaos. The worst is just the warboss getting antsy and exiling them or at the least just rolling his eyes, thinking they're a bunch of mad boyz. Hilariously they can't stand the Blood Axes and their habit of consorting with the imperium. Priorities, priorities.
>>
>>44715005
That's about as generic as creating a Space Marine chapter tgat still think the Hours Heresy is still happening
>>
File: Beavis.jpg (23KB, 289x321px) Image search: [Google]
Beavis.jpg
23KB, 289x321px
>>44722227
What the fuck is going on with that commanders trousers. He looks like he's stepped out with his pyjamas on.
>>
>>44725202
Gotta stick to the orkish dress code if you're gonna blend in.
>>
It's entirely possible, but I consider it badwrongfun. Do what you want.
>>
Wouldn't the ecology of the orks naturally set them against Nurgle?

Can't really worship pestilence and rot when everything is only rotting because it's covered in your spores which are going to turn it into a squig-paintbrush or whatever you're running low on today.
>>
>>44721544
Wait a second, you mean Khorne has his physical apparence reflecting the races shedding blood?
Does that mean that Khorne is part Tau?
>>
Pretty certain Orkz view the worship of chaos as weak since its relying on something else to make you stronger.

MEANING YA SODDIN GIT TOO SMALL TA FIGHT A PROPPA WAAAAAGH WIFOUT WEARING SUM SPIKY BITZ AND BENDIN DA KNEE? DAT AINT ORKY YA SOD!
>>
>>44726562
Theoretically, he has a little bit of all the races, for all bloodshed strengthens Khorne. All the shooting going on is probably the only reason he ever uses cannons or guns - otherwise he'd just use axes and swords (choppas are amazingly popular among Orks, after all, let alone humans and eldar). Even the Tyranids and Necrons, since they kill other races, might give him something.
>>
File: Khorne_by_baklaher.jpg (39KB, 440x480px) Image search: [Google]
Khorne_by_baklaher.jpg
39KB, 440x480px
>>44726562
I always imagined Khorne as a huge Bloodletter in armour like in pic.
>>
>>44726921
Except khorne has a dog head
>>
>>44726931
So he's more like a Bloodthirster?
>>
>>44726958
Definitely
>>
>>44726972
Oh, the more you know. Thanks anon.
>>
File: WorriedSpurdo.png (34KB, 551x300px) Image search: [Google]
WorriedSpurdo.png
34KB, 551x300px
>>44715879
>>
Orks normally would not worship chaos willingly. They usally start by mistake, sacrifying at a chaos temple believing it belongs to gork or mork.

But orks are not immune to mutation or possession. Nor are they immune to mental control
>>
>>44721660
And Speedy Gitz, and maybe the Mad Dokz what make the fightin juice.
>>
>>44724262
gestalt psychic field, they just "feel" when another is unorky
>>
>>44724262
Orks have a kultur that they all enforce on eachother instinctively. Also, psychic nonsense.
>>
>>44721586
Orks used to be multidimensional. They bought and sold slaves. Had trading with the outskirts of imperium and actually had ork society.
then someone decided - fuck that - orks are just all drunken footballer hooligans!
They just make guns out of "magic" and run around shooting and fighting! DuH WAR! Period.
Waaagh all the time, every day. *sigh*. Forge the narrative! No, no, not like that, orks just fighting 24/7.
>>
>>44728177
sauce
>>
>>44728197
2nd-3rd edition ‘Ere We Go book.

You'll also find Khornate orks and genestealer ork hybrids.
>>
>>44728197
Ahh, and almost forgot ...around the same time period - WAAAGH THE ORKS! book
>>
>>44728177
Yeah, and then you compare it with book we have now and lordy it doesn't have the orks charm in it at all comparatively.
>>
>>44725202

That's Butt-head, not Beavis.
>>
As far as I'm concerned, almost anything can fall to chaos. The hive mind of the Tyrannids is an exception, but this doesn't protect genestealer cults.
>>
>>44721781

Yeah but dem skullz is for me boss-pole, not some red ponce's throne. Dats just nawt propa orky.
>>
>>44729032
Yeah, what is the other races relationship with Chaos. Can they get tainted?

Squats
Tau
Necron
Kroot
Tyranids
>>
>>44729149
>Squats

Dead.

>Kroot

Yes.

>Necron

Unknown.

>Tyranids

Yes.

>Tau

Yes.
>>
>>44715005
Fantasy Orcs worship a spider god in addition to Gork and Mork, so its possible for other faiths to exist.
>>
>>44729149

The Tau have not developed psychic abilities, possibly due to a chemical mixture in their brains that prevents access to the warp.They have almost no presence in the Warp, not tasty for deamons. It can be a natural thing, or a trait that the Ethereals have been selectively breeding across the generations (The Ethereals know about Chaos).

Kroot refuse to eat Tyranid and Chaos tainted meat. Necron is also forbidden. Doing so, is an exercise of stupidity and causes horrific mutations (even worse than the ones of an infected human). They can smell the taint from a mile away even from Genestealer.
>>
>>44721618
How is pride unappealing to an Ork? Simply fighting is for primitives and Snotlings, once they have dreams of being Boss they're Slaanesh's.
>>
>>44729335
>Necron is also forbidden

>976.M41 The Feast of Steel
>The Sautekh Dynasty expands into Tau space and invades the Kroot-held world of Caroch. Though the Kroot win the first engagements, their attempt to dine upon the living metal of their victims has hideous results as a nano-scarab plague sweeps through their ranks
>>
>>44729149

Isolated Tyranids can be corrupted. However, if linked to the/a Hivemind the Shadow of the Warp can protect them from mutations.
>>
>>44721972
Sounds like how Warhammer Fantasy had Half Orcs frommating with humans that were never mentioned after 3e.
>>
>>44729351
forbidden doesnt mean they dont do it, just look at radical inquisitors for example, most of the knowledge they have is "forbidden". It just means that the higher ups say not to do it.
>>
>>44729149
Squats are space Dwarves, and Dwarves were immune to Chaos in Fantasy unless they willingly chose to worship it. But since it doesn't work with their psychology they had to already be crazy to consider it, and they can't mutate; using Chaos energy at all turns their bodies to stone slowly. Chaos also gives them a hat fetish for some reason.

So no, unless they choose to but it shortens their lifespans greatly.
>>
>>44729429
Fantasyfags always disgust me in how they know little about their setting.

No, Dwarfs are not immune to Chaos. They are very resistant to it but they can still be corrupted and mutated.

Like the Elves, the Dwarfs spirits were corrupted by Chaos causing them to be unreasonable greedy and stubborn. Intensive exposure to Chaos causes them to mutate (See Chaos Dwarfs), they grow tusks, horns, and hooves, and other mutations.
>>
>>44729335

Orthodox adherence to the Greater Good also seem to have an effect. In that essence, it is no different from the Imperial Cult.
>>
>>44729499
Knowing more about a Games Workshop product is not something to be proud of brohams, and what makes you think actual Fantasyfags would be in a 40k thread?
>>
>>44718465
Orks just are not that kunnin, usually. The reason you don't see more is they go full on retard/wear the colors proudly, and get Krumped, for not being "Orky".

And really, Orks are Orks.

Anything about them that might be appealing to Chaos probably means that is somehow the basis or start of a small cult or warband SOMEWHERE, and they get up to a lot of other non Chaos related shenanigans because they are very disorderly and defy classification.
>>
>>44729559
It's something in a /tg/ board.

>makes you think actual Fantasyfags would be in a 40k thread?

Like fleeing Skaven, they scattered around the board once their setting and general died. They are everywhere. Bully them if you see them. They deserve it.
>>
>>44715005
It's possible but very rare. They would also be killed by real orks in extremely short order.
>>
>>44729429
It's cute how Fantasy players act like their setting still exists.
>>
I have a friend thats about to start an infected ork/nurgle army. He's fluffing it as nurgle finally found a way to corrupt and infect orks.
Fluff wise that would be terrifying, orks that can take even more beating and then their infected spores going everywhere..... tabletop wise they wont be stronger than any other chaos or ork army, but we are a bunch of narrative gamers and will prob let him make a few special rules if they are any good. MoN orks at the bare minimum.
>>
>>44729752
It exists in our hearts anon.
>>
>>44729752

Well, there's always Total War.
>>
>>44729832
You mean that thing that will crash and burn like the last few of their games?
Play this silly anon. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/warhammer-geheimnisnacht-mod.902/
>>
>>44729923

>You mean that thing that will crash and burn like the last few of their games?

I know

>Warhammer: Geheimnisnacht

A mod for Crusader Kings 2? Interesting.
>>
>>44729923
yes, nothing like playing orks in a game completely devoid of combat.
>>
>>44730008
>nothing like playing orks in a game completely devoid of combat
I don't understand what you mean?
>>
>>44730008

>Devoid of combat.

More abstract. You can raid also raid with barbaric tribes.
>>
>>44729171
>squats dead
What, again?
>>
>>44729149
The warp has no effect on Necrons.
>>
File: humanadvisor.jpg (185KB, 708x519px) Image search: [Google]
humanadvisor.jpg
185KB, 708x519px
>>44721602
I'm pretty sure buying orks to fight other orks is not an irregular thing.
>>
>>44724022
Orks are kind of like Nids in the sense that they're essentially their own ecosystem. A very angry, green ecosystem that wants to punch you in the face and take your stuff.
>>
>>44729592
They have a general still, AoS dogfucker.
>>
>>44730176
More sustainable though, they're very Green.
>>
>>44730151
Dat weedy umie thinkin dat begging like a grot will do anything more then amuse da boss.
>>
>>44729149
Tyranids can be physically mutated by the warp, but they can never serve chaos, they are bound to the hivemind
>>
>>44730410
He's actually an imperial agent, his mission is to divert the orks band attacks against enemies of mankind.
There are easier jobs in the galaxy.
>>
>>44730216
WHRPG does not count.
>>
>>44729351

and that's why it's forbidden.
>>
>>44724262
Same reason they don't like Genestealer Orks.
>>
>>44732633
So plot armor?
>>
>>44732709
It's not really plot armour when they've been designed that way is it?
>>
>>44732709
It's sort of the same reason that humans don't like mutants and chaos cults, at the base of it - they're doing things differently and against how things are supposed to go.

If you think about it, the Ork kultur is surprisingly resilient and enduring. It's more or less pre-programmed in, and the short lifespan and attention span of most Orks means that they doing get to waste time going 'maybe things would be better if we did this' for long. They think the Orky way is the best way, and anything deviating from that gets krumped. Genestealer Orks form weird bands with weird goals, Chaos Orks worship foreign gods and stop acting proper Orky as they get more and more corrupted.
>>
In early editions, Ork Genestealer were moro loyal to Orks than the Hivemind.
>>
File: Khorne Orks.jpg (84KB, 1068x482px) Image search: [Google]
Khorne Orks.jpg
84KB, 1068x482px
>>44733034
>Chaos Orks worship foreign gods and stop acting proper Orky as they get more and more corrupted.

It's weird. The moment the orks get Chaos up in their shit they start wearing uniforms, marching in formation, trying to stick to plans and taking orders obediently.
>>
>>44733098
I know, right? Completely unOrky.

And honestly not much like Khorne's usually beserker thing either, but maybe he wanted to mix things up.
>>
>>44733098
Isn't that basically the orkish rebellious phase?
>>
>>44733228
Yes. Orks see the god of war as childish. Something worshiped untill you grow up a bit and grow some orky know-whats.
>>
>>44715005
Orcs that fall to Nurgle are the ones who realize there's a finite amount of Dakka in the universe.
>>
File: City 1.png (1MB, 925x1331px) Image search: [Google]
City 1.png
1MB, 925x1331px
>>44728177
>>44728197
Heres an ork city.
1/3
>>44728480
Nah, ork towns are charming as hell.
>>
File: City 2.png (1MB, 913x1326px) Image search: [Google]
City 2.png
1MB, 913x1326px
>>44733391
2/3, and I already posted the third here >>44723278
>>
File: Throne room.jpg (414KB, 959x704px) Image search: [Google]
Throne room.jpg
414KB, 959x704px
Here be some human slaves meeting with their orky overlord
>>
File: Chaos vs Orks.jpg (159KB, 496x969px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos vs Orks.jpg
159KB, 496x969px
The general consensus seems to be Chaos aint got shit on Gork an Mork, but some still fall to it.
>>
File: Warpheads.png (149KB, 451x361px) Image search: [Google]
Warpheads.png
149KB, 451x361px
Some orks still end up becoming Warp Sorcerers, though.
>>
File: Warphead possessed.jpg (226KB, 1024x425px) Image search: [Google]
Warphead possessed.jpg
226KB, 1024x425px
>>44733496
They can also get possessed by daemons, but instead of your typical possession its more like a Birdy the Mighty scenario if one was a retard and the other a psychopath.
>>
>>44715005
It could happen, but the waaagh field makes it more difficult.
>>
File: 047.jpg (547KB, 1110x1512px) Image search: [Google]
047.jpg
547KB, 1110x1512px
>>44721750
>In ye olden days, Stormboyz were the rebellious young orks that did everything differently. Like marching in line, wearing uniforms and worshiping khorne.
>>44721972
>Sort of like how Stormboys used to be the result of angsty teenage orks not being able to handle the unorganized ruckus of Gork and Mork, so they dabbled in Khornate worship and did silly things like marching in formation and practice drills. Of course, they grow out of such mucking about as they get older and more carefree, but that's why Stormboys were originally a reference to Nazi stormtroopers.

The old Stormboy fluff has been back for 8 years, minus the Khorne cults. 3rd edition was the only period where it disappeared.

>>44723361
Gorkamorka onwards established that Orks, Gretchin, Snotlings, and Squigs are all born from the same spores. Before then, Ork reproduction was very different, and Gretchin/Snotling/Squig reproduction was practically unspoken of beyond the fact that it obviously happened. Although I know there was at least one mention of squigs being grown from spores in 1E, well before they were all retconned into being born from the same process.

>>44728177
Orks still have slaves. Blood Axes still openly trade with Imperial worlds (and unlike their original background, they haven't been almost wiped out by the other clans for doing so). Kultur is still very much a thing, even if it isn't examined in the same detail it used to be - but then that goes for a lot of things.

And this:
>They just make guns out of "magic"
is just another case where fan memes have long overtaken the original fluff and left it trailing behind.
>>
>>44729171
>Squats
>dead
gw-boi detected.
>>
>>44729149
Squats
>yes, very much
Tau
>no, they have weak spirits but they probably can conduit deamons if they ever use psychic hood or some other plus-soul shit. normally they wont interract with warp enough to cause deamons and death. I also think they can exploit it if they realise what warp is, Ex: capture humans and psychics, get them to human planet, kill million humans as sacrifice circling the psychics, run away as bloodthirsters rip apart the psychicks.
Necron
>old-crons: no, they have no souls, necrons are anti-warp
>ward-crons: they have little souls, probably not enough to be tainted.
Kroot
>yes
Tyranids
>hivemind is so powerful that noone would be able to taint tyranids under hives control, outside the reach of hivemind: yes.
>>
File: 07.jpg (987KB, 1156x1621px) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
987KB, 1156x1621px
>>44736568
>>old-crons: no, they have no souls, necrons are anti-warp
>>ward-crons: they have little souls, probably not enough to be tainted.

Uh, it's the other way round. Oldcrons were occasionally described as soulless but it was unclear whether that was meant literally, and there were other bits of fluff that stated or implied they had souls. Newcrons, however, explicitly lost their souls when they were converted, something the codex (at least the 5th edition one) really beat the reader over the head with.
>>
>>44729499
dwarves are 'clockwork' creatures that are harder to crack for chaos compared to more emotionally driven races, but its still possible by exploiting their love of wealth and stuff
>>
>>44733228
That's the key right there. Khorne Stormboyz are the Stormboyz who refused to give up their life of drilling and bootshining.

Khorne Stormboyz are the Orkish equivalent of autistic manchildren.
>>
File: UlzK1zW.jpg (838KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
UlzK1zW.jpg
838KB, 3264x2448px
Damn, all these old school images and texts make me wish I had played 40K before the orks became a meme.

They were still violent and crude, but had a more developed character.
>>
>>44737568
ill buy all those shoota boyz off ya
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.