[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JTTRPG (Japanese Tabletop RPG) General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 12

File: mwOniJh.jpg (241KB, 814x1126px) Image search: [Google]
mwOniJh.jpg
241KB, 814x1126px
>F.E.A.R System aka the engine behind just about every Elevan TTRPG that isn't Double Cross
https://my.mixtape.moe/qntqez.pdf
>Night Wizard aka as World of Darkness: Secret Anime Wars
PDF: https://my.mixtape.moe/oyzfeh.pdf
Original TLd fileshttp://www.mediafire.com/download/3ubsz9f12jepxp1/Night+Wizard+3E.zip
Scanned rules pages: https://imgur.com/a/zHBNd#0
Art: https://imgur.com/a/27vqz
FULL SCANS NEEDED.
>Ryuutama
https://infotomb.com/ikaze

>Double Cross
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ysfcfff4c0codsw/Double+Cross.pdf
Advanced: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gyc375sc5q4axsk/Double+Cross+Advanced+Rulebook.pdf
Public Enemy: http://www.mediafire.com/download/71phcc2gxpmh7i7/Double+Cross+Public+Enemy.pdf

>Log Horizon
http://lh.oksub.me/wiki/Log_Horizon_TRPG
>Monotone Musume aka Fairy Godmothers: The RPG
https://ontlogy.wordpress.com/2015/11/04/fantranslated-japanese-tabletop-rpgs-monotone-museum/

What are you playing?
What are you looking forward to run?
What do you hope will be scanned? Hardmode: Not Alshard

Bonus question: Should we get an IRC or Roll20 group going?
>>
>>44708581
>F.E.A.R System aka the engine behind just about every Elevan TTRPG that isn't Double Cross
This isn't even remotely true.
>>
>>44708581
>What are you looking forward to run?
Shinobigami, obviously.
>>
>>44708581
>What are you playing?
Currently running Double Cross and loving the hell out of it.

I'm really interested in running Ryuutama at some point, and I'd love to run Night Wizard based on everything I've heard about it.

>What do you hope will be scanned?
Night Wizard 3rd Edition. It would be nice for a full scan to exist. Though the recently released fan-translated rules stuff was a nice Xmas present.
>>
>>44708581
I have no idea how IRC works, but I'd learn to be able to join in on this topic.

Played Shinobigami once, liked the design and flavor. Everything I've read (which, to be honest, is from Quick Start) has made me keenly interested in other JTTRPG's.
>>
File: Capture.png (880KB, 507x612px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
880KB, 507x612px
Still waiting for the translation on Etrian's Odyssey RPG.
>>
>>44708806
>mfw both ryuutama games I was going to join died right before the first session
>>
>>44709243
That's a fucking shame, man.
>>
>>44709271
Yeah, one of them had us basically mapping out the entirety of the world beforehand, everyone contributing and making their own countries and stuff. mine was switzerland if the swiss were descended from the roman empire and were also assholes

And then the GM just burnt out, poor guy.
>>
>>44709271
>>44709243

I really liked the concept of the battle map by Ryuutama, the areas, objects and such. I even wanted to homebrew that style of combat into one of my systems..but one thing I can't work around which Ryuutama doesn't seems to care at all is the dynamic of:

"Melee fighters can't attack the back area until they've cleared the front. Thus, ranged units are far superior in combat strategy and melees are just a damage sponge".

I get it the system is supposed to be simples and not too combat-focused...but it would be nice to have some more in-depth rules that allows melee to attack the back area somehow.
>>
NW3 translator or taoist cowboy on?
>>44708755
>>44709065
Scans out?
>>
>>44709311
>I get it the system is supposed to be simples and not too combat-focused...but it would be nice to have some more in-depth rules that allows melee to attack the back area somehow.
That would be broken bullshit.

The back area's whole advantage is that you cannot be targeted by the back area of the opponent, and can't be targeted by melee opponents in the front area. Front area characters can always be targeted by the opposing party (they are in the thick of the fight), and while that seems like an advantage this exists to protect the back area. The back area becomes the front area once everyone in the front area is dead.

This makes it so that people have to decide as archers or spellcasters whether they want to be in the front area. Sure, it means they can spellcast on anything... it also means they can be targeted by the back area, and smacked with melee weapons.

Decisions, decisions.
>>
>>44709862
>while that seems like a disadvantage
Fixed for myself
>>
>what are you looking forward to run
downloaded the F.E.A.R. pdf last monday, hoping to get a party together. but first do some prep.

>what do you hope will be scanned:
I actually went and bought myself a copy of alshard ff.
that was 9 months ago, in Tokyo yellow submarine (If you're ever there, check it out. it's got all kinds of crazy shit.)
I started my japanese lessons 2 days later. at this rate, I'll be able to play it in a year or 2.

I got the then latest print of quickstart!! as well, because fuck it.
>>
>>44710107
I hate to be that person, but scans?
>>
>>44710125
But Anon... thats illegal!

Seriously though. Allshard is a shitload to scan. Ill see if I can abuse the scanner at work, but don't count on it. Think you can read it though? Its full moonrunes, and not the easy-peasy ones either.
>>
>>44710200
I know people who can. Once scans are out the hive can sort it out.
>>
>>44710210
Ill make some time for it this week. Any tips on posting scans? Or should I just dump em here.
>>
>>44709499
It was run by a guy who actually met the team doing the translation that was on Kickstarter a little while ago. He had them email over some crude translations.
>>
>>44709499
I'm on, what do you need?
>>
>>44710507
Didnt know it was kickstarted, cool
>>44710548
Just saying hi, did you update the pdf, and how is your game going?
>>
>>44710757
I'm currently formatting the pdf so it isn't using notepad formatting. I'm also working on the flow of the pdf with all character creation rules before gm rules. Mostly to keep shuffling back and forth to a minimum.
>>
>>44710757
Yeah, hit a few stretch goals too so it got some reskins. The ones I remember are SciFi Western (a la Firefly) and Magical Girl. Pretty sure there's a third but I don't recall what it is.
>>
How is the combat in Double Cross?
>>
Tenra Bansho Zero, really liked reading through it, ordered the books off IPR, shipping is taking forever, and they don't give you tracking numbers, which is kinda stressing me out, but this is probably just me being spoiled by Amazon Prime.
>>
>>44708581
>Bonus question: Should we get an IRC or Roll20 group going?
Discord. It's easier than IRC and you guys can talk too if you want to.
>>
File: 1447368408908.gif (5KB, 326x343px) Image search: [Google]
1447368408908.gif
5KB, 326x343px
>>44712219

Pretty cool, I'd say.

A lot of the time I will compare the battle system to 100% Orange Juice. If you don't know what that is (fun game, by the way), then I'll give you the rundown: Attack rolls, defender chooses to guard or evade. Guard reduces damage, and evade makes you potentially dodge all damage.

Double Cross is essentially that, but a little more complex. There aren't any special changes for the combat system, as it follows the same fundamental dice rolls as everything else. Concentrate, however, makes battle very interesting as it'll increase your exploding dice range. With Concentrate 3, you'll explode on 7, 8, 9, and 10; essentially a 40% chance to crit. This can lead to potentially great attack rolls and dodge rolls. Note: the GM follows the same rules as players do, with a bit more options. This isn't to say GMs have an advantage over the players, I'd say. Double Cross once you have a handful of XP becomes really ridiculous.

One thing that is certain about Double Cross: You'll die a lot. This is common, however, as strange as that sounds. Accuracy are based on how high you roll, which is based on exploding dice and modifiers. Higher accuracy = more dice for damage. You can see where this is going, hopefully. The same applies to evasion, and certain guard powers.

As soon as you run out of health, your character will revive with a certain amount of health under the conditions that they do not hit above 100% Encroachment. As long as you are below 100 Encroachment, you can keep standing up and fight. If you hit above 100 however? You're out of luck unless someone has a revive power. This doesn't mean that your character is immortal however; they can actually die for real if the GM deems it so. There's incapacitation, then there's actual death.

Speaking of Encroachment, this game has costs for your powers. Higher encroachment = more bonus. Of course, you have to manage it.

Hopefully this is a good explanation?
>>
Also, if you guys don't know the Starter Set for Arianrhod RPG 2E is avaiable in pdf through their own site.
http://www.fear.co.jp/ari/index.htm
Will someone translate it?
>>
File: 1434826036896.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1434826036896.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>44709223

There's an Etrian Odyssey RPG? My lady boner is ready. Any idea what it's like?
>>
>>44713425
>easier than IRC
I vote we use IRC to keep the retards who can't use a simple IRC client out.
>>
>>44713522
>There's an Etrian Odyssey RPG? My lady boner is ready. Any idea what it's like?
It's SRS as far as I'm aware so...
>>
File: 1443957699710.jpg (28KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1443957699710.jpg
28KB, 550x550px
>>44713548

This nigga knows. Also, text chat in Discord isn't as good as IRC, and I doubt people are gonna voice chat.
>>
File: 0OtJMOg.jpg (2MB, 2546x1738px) Image search: [Google]
0OtJMOg.jpg
2MB, 2546x1738px
>>44713548
>>44713670
That's the first time I see IRC elitism in my brief life.
>>
>>44712589
Dude, I will lend you my PDF copies if I can get in on that game.

pls don't tell me it's a meatspace game you're planning
>>
>>44713717

It's not elitism if it's actually true. If you've been on IRC, Skype, or literally any other instant message program, you'd know how ass Discord's text chat is. You can't even copy and paste conversations without it looking like shit.

Discord still needs work, but it's definitely not bad. I just wish text chat was up to standards of far older programs.
>>
>>44713717

Teens think deepweb shit like IRC makes them look cool.
>>
>>44713810
Thanks for the offer bro, but I already had the PDFs before I ordered the books, and even if I didn't IPR bundled the PDFs in with my purchase.

But even with text searching and bookmarks, I find physical books easier to run games out of than PDFs, and since I (Should) be getting them soon, I'm waiting for them.

I'll probably be recruiting mostly out of my own stable of groups, but if we are short a few people and this thread is still around then, I'll let people know
>>
>>44713830
You wouldn't believe how well entry barriers work. If someone has to do more than just type a few keystrokes to do something, it filters out a vast majority of the mongoloids, spoonfeeding beggars and opportunist shitposters.
That's also one of the reasons I like crunchy, complex RPGs, including Japanese ones - they require a certain patience and a modicum of effort to get into, so it filters out the neo-roleplayers who feel they need everything handed to them, the people who don't really feel for it and those who don't even intend on trying to understand the system. On top of that, complex and crunchy systems give a lot of space for varied characters and don't get overly granular.
Think of the IRC issue in this way: would you rather spend five hours in a room with a D&D 5e player or a 2nd ed AD&D player? Not only is the AD&D player likely to be more intelligent company, he'll also bring Doritos and is satisfied with a one-syllable pronoun.
>>
>>44714100
Elitism and grognardism.
>>
>>44714100
>Doritos
Ew. That being said, I'm somewhat inclined to agree, though Discord's got the advantage of being both registrationless like IRC and having logs like mainstream IM clients.
>>
>>44714267
>>44714100
Also
>Japanese RPGs
>complex or crunchy
wut
I'm pretty fucking retarded and even I can run FEAR after spending two days on prep.
>>
>>44714267

This is true. I don't like Discord's logs though, and unless I'm retarded, they don't have anything like say, mIRC's logs where they're contained in text files. I feel it takes a bit too long to find something in Discord, -especially- since they don't have a fucking Ctrl+F function.
>>
>>44714100
>You wouldn't believe how well entry barriers work. If someone has to do more than just type a few keystrokes to do something, it filters out a vast majority of the mongoloids, spoonfeeding beggars and opportunist shitposters.
It also filters out the casuals that have the potential to become dedicated fans. Entry barriers are counter-intuitive to audience growth.

>That's also one of the reasons I like crunchy, complex RPGs, including Japanese ones - they require a certain patience and a modicum of effort to get into, so it filters out the neo-roleplayers who feel they need everything handed to them, the people who don't really feel for it and those who don't even intend
I like them for a similar reason, but that's an entry barrier with reason. Complex rules have complex character design.

Now if the rules were super-simple, but required two hours of work to finish chargen, that's just terrible design.

>Think of the IRC issue in this way: would you rather spend five hours in a room with a D&D 5e player or a 2nd ed AD&D player?
Depends on which one the asshole is. I've met them in both camps.
>>
>>44713522
Awful.
>>
File: tokyo NOVA.jpg (1MB, 1078x1508px) Image search: [Google]
tokyo NOVA.jpg
1MB, 1078x1508px
Still waiting on my narrative Tarot Card Based Cyberpunk RPG
>>
>>44713958
Sounds cool, thanks.
>>
>>44714234
Wait until you've seen it in action.
"Grognard" and "elitist" are buzzwords without meaning by now, and people sling them at others as if they think it solves the root of the problem.
I have GMed all over the country for six years straight by now, and I've only seen evidence in favor of the entry barrier. I've tried to loosen up, and I've tried to play with people who've loosened up - and every time, without fail, it devolved into a shrieking clutch of Tumblr neo-roleplayers arguing over pronouns and "responsibility in gaming".
I've been on the Internet for a very long time too, and as of the last few years I've tried to look around in different threads among different people to make sure it's not just me being mad - and I've been backed up at every turn.
It's a pretty simple principle, really. If you want to play with people who know how to concentrate, work on something and get invested in spite of not constantly getting buttered up to, play a system that doesn't allow in players who can't. It's not really that far-fetched to say that effort is good and you want to make sure people you play with can put in effort, is it?
>>44714293
You're lucky that you are so blissfully new to retardation. There's nothing retarded over you if you can run Double Cross - "retarded" is "has played oWoD for four years and can still barely roll a simple check on his own", like one guy of my acquaintance.
>>44714340
If a casual can't even get into a system that looks fascinating, they're not a future fan. Entry barriers run counter to audience growth (durr), but that's their purpose. The purpose of an entry barrier is to filter out the people who will make the community unpleasant to play with, give the game a bad reputation and force the creators to mangle the rules to pander to them.
If a new player who actually has patience and the will to play a game properly reads Double Cross, it won't scare them off because effort doesn't scare them.
>>
>>44714319
>This is true. I don't like Discord's logs though, and unless I'm retarded, they don't have anything like say, mIRC's logs where they're contained in text files
Yes, but that's not the point so much as letting someone walk into the room and know what the fuck's what without everyone having to spell it out for them. Which is crazy useful when moving between devices. Or, for that matter devving/scanlating something. Slack/Mattermost are more useful for that but they need registration and feels far less "sleek", if you will.
>>44714470
>You're lucky that you are so blissfully new to retardation. There's nothing retarded over you if you can run Double Cross - "retarded" is "has played oWoD for four years and can still barely roll a simple check on his own", like one guy of my acquaintance.
DX isn't FEAR, so I wouldn't know. Also
>ST
>hard
wut
And man, I really hate how much I agree with your post. It fucking sucks how hard a lack of preselection can fuck you in the ass.
>>
>>44714535

Come to think of it, yeah, you're right. Discord's pretty handy to have when I'm out since the phone app is pretty alright. I could see the benefits of scanlators using it, but I still think it definitely needs some improvements. It's not perfect, but for a casual chatroom? It's good enough for sure.

>select all RVs
>>
>>44714470
>If a casual can't even get into a system that looks fascinating, they're not a future fan.
How would they know if they never get a look? How can they get a look if they never even try the game (it's hard for people new to the business to try and imagine play... it's like trying to imagine videogames before you've ever played one, or imagining a color that you've never seen).

>Entry barriers run counter to audience growth (durr), but that's their purpose.
That's the dumbest thing I've heard. The roleplaying industry is TINY. It's not even comparable to the early videogame industry yet in total number of participants. We need to get past the threshold to become a broader part of society before we start discussing what parts of society we wish to exclude.

This is why game shops are closing up everywhere. Grognards are actively sabotaging their efforts to grow business.

>The purpose of an entry barrier is to filter out the people who will make the community unpleasant to play with, give the game a bad reputation and force the creators to mangle the rules to pander to them.
And this would be fine if we had a much bigger playerbase, and we all had the capacity to get the pick of the litter. Lord knows that if I could log into Roll20, open a gaming room and have 7 people join in a couple seconds, I'd for damn sure start filtering out people based on their gaming style and preferences.

But we don't live there yet. Games are still hard to get together, and entry barriers are making it all the more harder. The horse goes in front of the cart, boss.
>>
>>44714636
>Discord's pretty handy to have when I'm out since the phone app is pretty alright.
Which is utterly shameful to actually be a feature we need to even talk about. Everyone's chanting CROSS PLATFORM CROSS PLATFORM like it's some all-curing mantra, but all I'm seeing is more shovelware phone-exclusive messengers trying to be the next WhatsApp. And FUCK WhatsApp. /rant
>but I still think it definitely needs some improvements. It's not perfect, but for a casual chatroom? It's good enough for sure.
Definitely.
>>44714669
While I think you have good points I can honestly understand and empathize with his position. Here we say "Burnt child fears the flame", meaning that one will avoid producing a situation that's hurt them before. I think many of us here play vidya, and seeing what happened there is just kinda sad.

BUT ANYWAYS. It's basically a toss-up between Discord and IRC. All other options are closed-off to the point they're useless or so clunky they're a pain for everyone involved.
>>
>>44714373
Was looking stuff up about Tokyo NOVA and this shit sounds absurdly awesome. Would love to take a look at the system, but I'm a disgusting gaijin that doesn't know how to read japanese.

Is there any english translations of it online anywhere?
>>
As someone not previously invested in this debate, I'd prefer IRC because I'm always on IRC.
>>
>>44709499
Translator for that. What's up?
>>
>>44711353
Cool.
>>44714968
Care to share scans?
>>
>>44708581

Damn I've been waiting for one of these again.

>What are you playing?
Hoping to get my group invested in Double Cross.

Pic related, I'm halfway translating the core book. Style Skills are a pain in the ass.

More Sword World material. Like those fucking expensive splatbooks.
>>
>>44714373
Not really "narrative"... it still plays a lot like DoubleCross, Log Horizon, etc. It's not SRS, but I mean, looking at the skill blocks, you wouldn't know it. Tarot cards in that system only provide like, a scene suggestion or flavor, and represent the classes.
>>
>>44715068
I don't really have any! I own the books, and I've been too busy to scan them in. But if you want something in specific scanned or have a question, feel free.
>>
>>44715155
Characters and weapons, please. Either overviews or scans.
>>
Question for anyone who's played it. How would you pitch Double Cross to a group that has some anime fans but is only really experienced with sword and sorcery and space opera style games?
I am the GM and I'm looking to try something a bit outside the groups usual comfort zone for a short game.
>>
>>44715315
Like the sample characters? And what weapons, just the general ones, or like, all of the Brooms?
>>
>>44715355
Try looking for the translation of Grancrest RPG. Same system, different tone.
>>
>>44715355
"You guys want to play a game that's a mix of X-Men and the Nasu-verse?"
>>
>>44714821
>I think many of us here play vidya, and seeing what happened there is just kinda sad.
It's kind of sad that it's no longer considered socially offensive, that I can go to a preorder launch party without getting mocked as a nerd, that I can find a group for any game I play with relative ease and that you can actually form a professional career playing them competitively?

Well, I guess that's one way to put it. The most depressing way, but a way.
>>
>>44716032
That's a disingenuous post and you know it. Either way, I've quite that hobby a while ago so I don't have any eggs in that basket.
>>
Personally I think these threads are small and niche enough, and the systems themselves enough of an 'entry barrier' to not need to make our chat group as obtuse to use as possible to weed anyone else out.
>>
>>44716060
>That's a disingenuous post and you know it.
No it isn't, it just highlights the distinction between our stances. You see the industry as bad. I see it as mostly good at the cost of some bad (everything has a cost).

>Either way, I've quite that hobby a while ago so I don't have any eggs in that basket.
That's cool. I just avoid the turds.
>>
>>44716161
That's just what "inteligent" grognards wants: easy way to get new players without the need to teach anything. They want the cake ready, not to bake it by themselves.
>>
>>44715355
I've heard it described as 'X-Men the anime rpg', 'Darker than Black the rpg' and 'Madoka the not shitty RPG'

Personally I think I'd introduce it as a very flexible, easy to learn, modern day fantasy game, and then run it as something kinda like Mage: The Awakening.
>>
File: 1431321154233.jpg (137KB, 543x800px) Image search: [Google]
1431321154233.jpg
137KB, 543x800px
>this debate
Eh. IRC is godlike, but I think for this particular goal Discord's better.
Let's give it a try and hope not everything collapses around us, alright?
https://discord.gg/0lBHRD5AVt8nrm2Y
>>44710757
GM here, they - almost - got themselves flushed down reality's biggest kitchen drain because the Edge Master broke the Gate.
>>44716233
More HEROES than X-Men, I'd argue.
>>
>>44716435
I'm not familiar with HEROES, so I couldn't say.
>>
>>44715543
>Same system
No it's not.
>>
>>44716514
HEROES is X-men without spandex.
>>
File: MED-BOOK-000876[1].jpg (35KB, 212x300px) Image search: [Google]
MED-BOOK-000876[1].jpg
35KB, 212x300px
>>44716603
Way of talking.
>>
>>44716435
>GM here, they - almost - got themselves flushed down reality's biggest kitchen drain because the Edge Master broke the Gate.
This needs explaining.
>>
>>44713522
Generic SRS cash grab.
It oozes indifference towards the source material.
>>
>>44715155
What is the rules for races?
>>
>>44717545
There are none, aside from like, if you pick Werewolf, your race is Werewolf. If you're Great One, you'd a God.

It's purely a descriptor.
>>
>>44708581
I'm currently running Ryuutama for two people who are new to TTRPGs and two others with more experience. First session was a blast and for the first time in a long time I'm actually looking forward to hosting something. At some point I want to try a hand at Tenra Bansho Zero.

There was some mecha game that used the F.E.A.R. system that I saw referenced at some point. I can't for the life of me think of what it's called, but anything that would reduce the amount of homebrewing I would need to do helps.
>>
>>44720602
Metallic Guardian
>>
>>44720778
That would be it, thank you anon.
>>
File: 1452465468332.png (150KB, 310x644px) Image search: [Google]
1452465468332.png
150KB, 310x644px
>>44716819
Goddamn it.
>>
>>44715087
>I'm halfway translating the core book.

HYPE
>>
>>44715087
> I'm halfway translating the core book.
You are an amazing, beautiful human being.
>>
>>44726053
I second this.

God bless the translatoranons.
>>
>>44724705
It's shit.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

I'm disappointed too.

>>44715087
Hell yeah, man. Go hard on that shit, Tokyo NOVA's a weird fuckin' system in all the right ways.

And yeah, the splats are crazy money. I -literally- have to ship them halfway around the world (or close enough to it), on top of converting from dollar to yen, blah blah blah whole bunch of bullshit. All my money right now goes to bills, food and transportation, so maybe around tax time I can get caught up and even ahead enough to pick up what's left? lol i dunno

In other news, I just got a new desktop after a catastrophic CPU meltdown and loss of my laptop. Thankfully, I was smart enough to have seen that coming, and moved everything to my little bro's computer. As it is now, I've just recently gotten it all on the desktop, and I can start back on the project on my days off of work.

If you guys have any questions, comments, or heckling, I'm practically always lurking here, 8/tg/, SA and occasionally even reddit. I'd be more than happy to respond. I'd be even happier to get a hand or two, to the point where I made a "how to help" page on the wikia. If you're so inclined, feel free to check it out.
>>
>>44716435
>https://discord.gg/0lBHRD5AVt8nrm2Y
>all those lolis
>one user is literally named Loli Dominatrix
kek
>>
>>44726928
Which wikia? 1d4chan?
>>
>>44727250
god fucking dammit, /tg/
>>
>>44727298
>god fucking dammit, /tg/
They seem pleasant enough at least.
>>
>>44727312
It's just usernames/avatars.
>>
>>44727250

Remember, lolis are for hugs, not lewd
>>
>>44727348
>>44727348
>GRIS image
>http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Daiyousei
>http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Fairy#Occurrence_.28birth.29
Well EXCUUUUUUUUSSSEEEEE me greeny, SOME people need to be "bad" in order to not die out.
>>
>>44727331
That's even worse; it's saying to the world that you want to be known as that loli guy.

And there's a fucking chatroom full of them.
>>
>>44727286
TLWiki, I'd guess.
>>
>>44727410
In a group of gigantic weeaboos I don't think anyone gives a fuck. Except you apparently.
>>
Does anyone happen to have any of the raws for Quick Start?
I'm practicing my Japanese and think that by now I could handle Quick Start, so I sent an email to the translator - and got completely ignored, despite reassuring him that I have no interest in translating it or uploading it anywhere else and that he should just tell me if there was a problem.
I wouldn't normally feel good about asking someone else when that one guy does the TL work, but I asked and I didn't even get a politeness reply.
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>44727420
Yeah, probably.
>>
>>44727420
>In a group of gigantic weeaboos I don't think anyone gives a fuck. Except you apparently.
This. /discussion
>>
Anyone running any Double Cross games looking for another player? I've been wanting to play DX for years but finding a game feels like pulling teeth.
>>
>>44727758
Ask in
>>44716435
>https://discord.gg/0lBHRD5AVt8nrm2Y
>>
Does anybody have a raw (japanese) Double Cross and/or Etrian's Obdyssey rule book?
>>
>>44726928

So, you wouldn't happen to have any of those splats scanned?

Apart from translating TNX, I've been cleaning out SW2.0 material for neat booklets. Proper translation for books 2 and 3 are next on the list, so any new material would get thrown on top of it.
>>
>>44713454
Double Criss characters from the one session I ran seem like total glass cannons and it's awesome as fuck. Everyone kept sying and reviving and throwing their strongest combos at one another. Feels like a bit like shonen anime.

The real tension point of the game isn't the HP, but your encroachment rate. Losing loises just to stay alive and sane fucking hurt. I imagined it as losing the memories and affection you feel for your lived ones, an essential bpartof your identity.

God, I love DXs mechanics. Rules enforce the genre and theme.
>>
>>44728485

Also, I can answer questions people may have about TNX with the best of my knowledge. To keep the thread going.
>>
>>44728597
How big are the cyberpunk themes in the game?
I'm a huge cyberpunk nut, especially post-cyberpunk, but from the looks I've had at TNX, it seems like it falls into that odd halfway point that a lot of Japanese stuff does - that is, it has next to none of the themes or visual elements of cyberpunk, and only brings in the technology (for convenience and the cool factor) and the oppressive governments/megacorps (without detailing them, and just to use them as a cheap excuse for an evil antagonist).
I might be wrong, but TNX sounds too good to be true for me if it actually has serious cyberpunk themes.
>>
>>44728688

I don't know your personal definition for Cyberpunk but let's see...

Thematically, it follows the ass backwards technology level of cyberpunk, unlike some cyberpunk trpgs and their current editions. The metroplexes are segmented into clearance areas. Augmentations range from cheap to expensive. Also, if you don't have any augs, you are labeled as 'Wet' and cannot become a proper citizen.

IIRC mechanically you can be a complete cyborg and still cast spells. Kugutsu (roughly translated as Puppet) character class is based on self-sacrifice. You have your files and physical recordings backed up on corporate hard drives from where you can be rejuvenate yourself quite quickly.

It doesn't have the existential angst about becoming a machine, unless you implement it in yourself. Corporations pretty much steer the course of technology, where national organizations try to keep them in check. The fluff doesn't label corporations as clear evildoers rather than cruel opportunists.

TNX in a way is a game about (corporate) intrigue. Episodic gameplay supports conspiracies, incident of the week and spyfiction type of plots. But that maybe just my impression. Many of the classes/Styles are about occupations. They serve their own faction or have own motives for getting to the bottom of things. Societies play an important part in the legwork part of the sessions.

In a way, the game is also quite transhumanistic but that may be just my own opinion. There are no serious downsides from having augs.

In a way, Johnny Mnemonic is kind of how I think about TNX.
>>
>>44708581
I hope that the Zettai Reido splats will be scanned and translated.

Fuck, I just wish that the core book was fully translated.
>>
>>44715355
"X-Men by way of HP Lovecraft"

I'm running a game of it right now, and it's a ton of fun.
>>
>>44708581
Night Wizard 3rd Edition in its entirety.
>>
>>44729881
Seconding that.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.