[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ogres are heavily related to trolls. In fact, a few scholars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Trolls.jpg (430KB, 1600x1226px) Image search: [Google]
Trolls.jpg
430KB, 1600x1226px
>Ogres are heavily related to trolls. In fact, a few scholars actually claim that ogres are actually trolls who have lost their healing powers.
>When a troll lose their power, their body no longer keeps up with their insane metabolism and eating habits, causing them to get fat and heavy. Their fur falls out as it isn't deeply entrenched in their skin in the first place, since their body grows it back so fast normally
>The real trouble though is the brain
>Trolls aren't smart at all, but they have at least a basic grasp or humane ethics and occasionally interact with humans and some even take human wives
>Ogres however have no rapid healing of the nervous system in the brain.
>You see, trolls grow back low-activity gray matter around their skull at all times, but it is constantly scrapped and regrown to protect their higher brain functions
>But ogres have no such luck. Their low powered brain matter is permanent now, meaning their brain is almost stuck in a child-like state of development
>Often ogres end up hurting people by accident, trying to play or hug people and crushing them or going into childish tantrums that destroy walls and end lives
>The only thing that hates ogres more then humans are trolls; who see ogres as absolute degenerate. They are the worst parts of disease, retardation, and a perversion of their very existence.

How do you like this?
>>
I approve.
>>
>regenerating trolls
>no mention of the tails
That's not trolls.
At least you bothered to get the picture right.
>>
>>44708142
Very interesting. I'm a sucker for fantasy ecology shit that explains the connections between the races.
>>
>>44708142
>heavily related
Closely related. You can't be heavily relayed to something, that's dumb
>>
>>44708199
This. More fantasy ecology anyone?
>>
>>44708142
>their body no longer keeps up with their insane metabolism and eating habits, causing them to get fat and heavy.
Shouldn't the metabolism be the deciding factor for weight gain? Why are the body and metabolism considered seperately?
>trolls grow back low-activity gray matter around their skull at all times, but it is constantly scrapped and regrown to protect their higher brain functions
I suspect that's not at all a helpful thing for nrain function

Everything else is meh. I'm not fond of retard ogres.
>>
File: troll cute.jpg (425KB, 651x1200px) Image search: [Google]
troll cute.jpg
425KB, 651x1200px
Why is regeneration always a thing for trolls? Does it have any basis before 1st ed AD&D?

I'd like to see the nordic magical giant trope make a resurgence.
>>
>>44709257
It's from this one author, I forgot his name. It doesn't have anything to do with actual folklore.
>>
>>44708364
Second.
I love this shit
>>
>>44709285
Poul Anderson. Also the origin of the paladin.
>>
>>44708142
Art is by Eoghan Kerrigan if anyone is curious. He draws a lot of trolls.
>>
>>44709257
There's a folktale in which Loki,agaisnt his usual behaviour,saves a child from a troll. He fights the troll and tries tearing his limbs apart,but the troll simply takes them and reattaches them back, so Loki eventually cuts his head off and,before the troll can put it back in places,Loki pusses a stone down the troll's neck,stopping him from putting his head back.

At least is the only explanation I can find,since trolls from other folktales don't show such healing powers.

>>44708142
Neat,anon. I like it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.