[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>one of the greatest heroes of recent Imperial history >flaunts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: IG5EYarrick.jpg (123KB, 404x623px) Image search: [Google]
IG5EYarrick.jpg
123KB, 404x623px
>one of the greatest heroes of recent Imperial history
>flaunts the use of a xenos weapon

Why hasn't some Inquisitor offed him because of this flagrant heresy?
>>
>>44706255
Because a radical Inquisitor would stop them.
>>
>>44706255
Because no one would fucking dare.
>>
>>44706255
Because he is a Hero if the Imperium.
And they'd have to get through the rest of the Steel Legion.
>>
When you're badass like this, you can get away with minor stuff.
Plus, I'm pretty sure he has a paper laying around where AdMech state how they sanctified the weapon so bow it is sort of kosher.
>>
>>44706255
A big part of having hard rules is so that cool kids can break them.
If Yarrick didn't break the rule "Don't use alien weapons", then he couldn't also break the rule "You can't beat Ghazkull", now could he?

Tl;DR: Yarrick is the man.
>>
Because moral on armegadon would colaplase and the planet would fall within a month
>>
>>44706742
Pretty sure Yarrick already died in canon.
>>
Because moral on armegadon would colaplase and the planet would fall within a month
>>
>>44707219
Oops shit I dont know how I ended up posting that twice
>>
>>44707198
Its not that he died its that the inquisition killed him.
>>
>>44707198
He didn't.
>>
>>44707219
Yarrick only fought in the 2nd War of Armageddon. By the third one he's an old man and doesn't use the claw anymore.
>>
>>44707409
>By the third one he's an old man and asks his tank driver to get closer so he can hit them with his claw
ftfy
>>
>>44707409
Yeah but if any inquisitor offs him the moral will still collapse.
>>
>>44707247
Ork snipers did it
>>
>>44707565
they can't even use that excuse because that will shatter moral
>>
I'm pretty sure the inquisition, for the most part, when they say "don't use xeno tech", are concerned with people fucking with eldar webway shit and obscure mind altering fuckery, not some totally mundane rusty piece of garbage that happened to have been made by an ork.

Considering the value of yarrik it's just not worth getting your panties in a bunch about.
>>
>>44707608
This, it's only when it is tech the Imperium doesn't understand (which is most tech) there is a problem.

The Power Klaw is obviously a crude yet brutal weapon ripped from a Ork and grafted onto his arm as a fuck you to the Orks, and like already said, Yarrick is far too important.
>>
>>44706255
Political capital is a thing. While Inquisitors have absolute power on paper (well, the Mechanicus would start making noises about the Treaty of Mars at this point, but ignoring that), in reality there are political considerations.

Yarrick is Hero of the Imperium and beloved by the Imperial Guard and the Commissariat. Offing him would be politically costly; souring relations between the Guard and the Inquisition, the Commissariat and the Inquisition, destroying moral on Armageddon. The puritan in question would lose face, lose influence and over what? A glorified power fist?

Much more important battles to fight, much more egregious tech-heresy to expunge. Not worth the effort.
>>
>>44706255
Because nothing says "fuck you" like ripping the most iconic weapon a Xenos from his corpse and using it to kill all his friends.
>>
>>44707868
/thread

People don't consider social/political enough. It's easy to do stuff in the shadows where no one notices, not so easy to kill heroes or popular figures. Look at Nimr al-Nimr. I mean, the Saudis did kill him eventually, but it took a long time, and that kind of backlash is not something any government or organization wants to deal with.
>>
>>44707583
Admitidly not as much
>>
>>44707960
Social/political capital, I meant to say.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.