[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oath of the Gatewatch /mtg/ spoiler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 29

File: a20160112.jpg (150KB, 993x270px) Image search: [Google]
a20160112.jpg
150KB, 993x270px
Oath of the Gatewatch official spoiler;
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/oathofthegatewatch
2015-12-28 ~ The day colors officially died.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/packaging-oath-gatewatch-2015-12-28
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/oath-gatewatch-mechanics-2015-12-28
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/first-time-everything-2015-12-28

Go here:
http://mythicspoiler.com/ogw/
If you don't like Wizards' Magic : the Gathering site.

What are your picks per rarity level?
>>
>>44705976
Hard for me to analyze this set for drafting. It's difficult to gauge the value of drafting wastes and <> cards

From looking at the set I think red and black look the most powerful and blue seems to be the worst

Surge is shit and support should be good
>>
What are the chances of getting one of the expedition foiled lands?
>>
>>44706199
Low.
>>
>>44706199
If it's anything like BFZ, the pull rates will be 1 or 2 per case.
>>
>>44706199
Same rarity as a foil mythic rare
>>
>>44705976
>Nissa's oath
>She is not Elf Hitler, she has never been Elf Hitler
>>
i like how hard wizard is trying to forget the terrible things some of the plain walkers have done now that they've gone the generic main character set path
>>
>>44707117
Is Nissa the last elf of Zendikar?
>>
>>44706869

They ruined best girl. I'm sorry anon. I miss her too ;_;
>>
>>44705976
>For the sake of the Multiverse
>For the life of every plane

Aren't these pretty much the same? Bravo, WotC.
>>
>>44707381
>one wants to protect the integrity of the entire multiverse as a whole
>the other would rather see the multiverse fall apart as long as life on the individual planes can live on separately

Not really the same deal.
>>
>mtg is now about a team of bland characters doing capeshit

Bravo Wizards

We are literally getting "And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids" with Ob Nixilis' arc, I can't wait for other boring shitty storylines lifted from the latest Marvel shit
>>
>>44707443
>ob nixilis doesn't even recognize Jace despite the whole hedron for garruk plotline
>>
>>44707443
The amusing thing is that Ob has accomplished everything he set out to do, fucking up the capes and zendikar was all just to fuck up Nissa specifically, because she's a fucktard in the ruining plans sense, among others.
>>
>>44706199
Might as well have made them purple rare.
>>
>>44705976
Top commons imo,
white : Isolation Zone, Kor Scythemaster
blue : Containment Membrane, Jwar Isle Avenger, Comparative Analysis, Blinding Drone, Sweep Away
black : Kozilek Shrieker, Oblivion Strike, Tar Snare
red : Reality Hemmorage, Boulder Salvo
green : Elemental Uprising, Tajuru Pathwarden, Scion Summoner, Stalking Drone
>>
File: 1428929046681.jpg (7KB, 250x195px) Image search: [Google]
1428929046681.jpg
7KB, 250x195px
>Sorin, Ugin, and Nahiri, 3 of the oldest and strongest Planeswalkers in the multiverse, couldn't kill the Eldrazi even before the Mending (and they even tried blowing up an entire plane that the Titans were on at the time)
>4 young little upstart shits can kill 2 of the 3 Titans post-Mending, with nothing more than a little fire and Jace-the-Marty-Stu magic
I'm gonna hve to call full-stop BS here.
>>
>>44707593
I hope it turns out they are not actually dead, just no longer bound to zendikar

But then again I don't want mtg to just recycle villains left and right like capes do so them being destroyed might actually be a good thing

Sucks that they were Jaced to death though
>>
>>44707593
>couldn't kill the Eldrazi
Didn't kill, anon. Didn't kill.

Why?

Because Ugin didn't want to, and he was the one who knew how the hedrons worked.
>>
>>44705976
>sorin and his squad were supposed to deal with zendikar
>no where to be seen but the planeswalking avengers show up to save the day
>innistrad is now in trouble
>planeswalking avengers show up to save the day
>on sorins home fucking turf

Fuck wotc
>>
You think the regular story is shit, try playing through the story mode of Magic:Duels. They somehow managed to butcher the story even more.

I was curious how it was. Don't judge me.
>>
>>44705976
Why isn't there a black oath? Doesn't Ob promise to fuck Zendi up?
>>
>>44707903
Shekelwater said that oaths are there exclusivly to signify that a walker has joined the Gatewatch
>>
>>44707988
Please don't tell me that we're getting more Oaths in the future
>>
>>44707903
Black doesn't do that shit. Fuck oaths and fuck the superfriends. #monoblack
>>
>>44707781
Just play 2014 modded. Duels is nothing but a cash sink.
>>
>>44708016
Anon, I...

http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/136973929583/so-the-gatewatch-is-magics-avengers-or-justice
>>
>>44708027
Liliana joining the Gatewatch is pretty much confirmed
>>
>>44708078
Oh fuck me
>>
>>44708093
The existence of Anons on /tg/ who will make dumb predictions and claim they are fact is pretty much confirmed.

See: your post.

And most recently: all those <> threads from a couple weeks ago.
>>
>>44708122
An uncharted realms story implied that liliana and jace are trying to rekindle their relationship and maro has been hinting at a black oath
>>
File: 92.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
92.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>44707903
>>44708093
Lili's Oath was in Origins.

>>44708078
I knew it was happening, but goddamnit
>>
>>44708534
Demonic Pact isn't her Oath anon, it's representative of the original pact she made with the 4 arch demons, trading her soul to each for power and youth.
>>
>>44708534
I wonder if the card hints that the 4th demon will beat Lilie.
>>
>>44708078
Jesus fuck no
>>
>>44708078
Son of a BITCH
>>
>>44707593
There's two options

>Koz and Ula are D E D dead and the justice league of avenger wizards are the best ever and did what the old 3 couldn't for some reason
>Ugin was right and they're not dead, just freed completely from zendikar.

On one hand, wizards fucking telegraph their "plot" "twists" enough you cam hear them faintly in your dial tone

On the other hand I genuinely don't trust wizards storytelling not to pull some shit like "Chandra sets two of the strongest entities in the multiverse on fire"

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE
>>
I'll be playing my first 2HG pre-release event this friday. Do the veterans here have any tips?
>>
>>44709059
Bring someone you cannot get mad at and who you trust not to do major board-affecting moves without discussing them and reaching a consensus
>>
File: nietzche.jpg (38KB, 281x400px) Image search: [Google]
nietzche.jpg
38KB, 281x400px
>David killed Goliath

Woa, Old Testament has a shitty writing. why do you guys care about the lore anyway?

God is ded.
>>
>>44707593
Fuck off. I'm glad the Eldrazi are finally dying. Do you seriously want those faggots roaming around for a dozen more sets?

Fuck that noise. I hope they kill Emrakul by the end of Innistrad too.
>>
>>44706114

You're forgetting that draft in ogw is 2 headed giant

Surge is the most powerful limited effect in the format
>>
Is this game the biggest money sink of all time or are you guys all blinded by that fact?

You trade off cash for cardboard and ink which you buy plastic to protect with and store in multiple containers, spending your Fridays and Saturday nights playing with people who have the same disregard for their own money

Pathetic
>>
>>44710572

Cheaper than fishing for a hobby, and just as productive.
>>
>>44710572
Could be WH40k, bruh.
>>
>>44708078
If that's the way things are going to be now I want Tezzeret's Infinite Consortium back.
>>
>>44710572
Every hobby is a money sink where you get nothing but 'worthless' stuff out of it, that can't be used for anything else.
>>
>>44707679
Sorin's too busy masturbating while thinking about Kor pussy.
>>
>>44707329
No, there are Joragas left, which were her clan, and they got hit the hardest out of all the elves, so there must be plenty of the others.
>>
>>44708534
>>44708785
>>44708820
new to mtg why is gatewatch so bad?
>>
>>44710799
I can think of a few reasons.

For one, it's cashing in on the recent resurgence of superhero teams as a fad, and it's painting this alliance of neowalkers as an almighty defence force (whereas oldwalkers were basically gods and could not handle the Eldrazi, but four chumps just knocked off two titans).

Also, it means we're going to be seeing these shmucks again, and as far as I know, most of /tg/ hates the Origins crew. Personally, I like how new Jace and new Chandra are actually more relatable characters, and to be perfectly honest Chad really does it for me. I just wish Nissa would fall off a cliff and break her neck on Ashaya. Lili gets a free pass as long as she continues to be a total bitch.
>>
>>44708078

Ahahaha. That's terrible.
>>
>>44710799
Magic after the original Dominaria sets has always had separate stories for each Plane gone to, and Walkers didn't usually show up again for 3-4 blocks between appearances.
Wizards making Gideon, Jace, Liliana, Chandra, and Nissa be "story central" is completely against this. Most people don't like that and would prefer them to stick to the formula that worked fine before.

Also, on a more personal note: Jace "Wizard's Lightning" Beleren is a shit character and I hate him and his Marty Stu style, Nissa "Elf Hitler" Revane is a one-dimensional character that should've stayed in the background and not been expanded on, and Gideon is nowhere near as interesting as Elspeth, at least to me.
>>
>>44710799
It not necessarily bad. I'm just a black mage and this hippy-dippy Justice League shit makes me sick.
>>
>>44710325
Why would they do something so retarded? The last thing I want to do drafting online is to get assigned a shitty teammate. Or, more likely, be the shitty teammate
>>
>>44711034
Jace isn't really that powerful outside of the card game.

STORY wise, Jace is rather useless in a fight and is more a logistics man.

infact, he has won very few fights he's ever been in without mind-rape.
>>
>>44711619
>STORY wise, Jace is rather useless in a fight and is more a logistics man.
Except he's currently the literal living incarnation of the Guildpact of Ravnica, he's the head of the Infinite Consortium, and now he magically found a way to bind 2 of the eldrazi Titans into a mortal form so Chandra could burn them.
I always hated him, it gets more intense the more BS Wizards pulls with him, and my hate is not gonna change.
>>
>>44711659
being the "Living GUildpact" doesn't make him good in a fight, all it does is bind him to the law-magic of Ravnica and make him literally Ravnica's fucking PR department head.

and yes, pulling the Titans out of the Aether is pretty good.

but like I said, he isn't a FIGHTER, he LOSES all his Fights.
>>
>>44711659
being the Living Guildpact is nothing more than a deskjob where you answer complaints.
>>
>>44711703
For clarity sake: Mary Sue / Marty Stu does not necessarily mean they auto-win fights, it means they have few to no weaknesses or bad points, or if they do they're easily overcome and ultimately mean nothing.
>>
>>44711739
Jace has a ton of weaknesses and chief among them, the inability to work outside of his own strengths.

also his incredible over-confidence and he is incapable of not probing and fucking with people's minds, friends included.

also a bit of scaredy cat.
>>
>>44711739
Jace is a coward, it took Kamina Jura to give some sort of inspiring speech in Gatewatch to convince him to not run to Ravnica and leave this shit to dust.

Jace is going full Simon on us, but without the Gideon Death to really make him brave in his OWN right, without the inspiration of others.
>>
>>44711902
Interesting how none of that appears in the flavor text of cards nowadays.

Urza was known to be flawed just from reading the various cards about him. Jace? It's just "witty" one-liners and cringey "awesome" banter. Same for all of them, in their various flavors. Even fucking Nissa doesn't get anywhere near the treatment she should.
>>
>>44711825
DON'T FORGET WEAK FACE BONES
>>
>>44711902
>Gideon literally sat on a rock and played Rock'em Sock'em Robots with fucking Ulamog.

I can almost hear his greek accented voice shouting "HEY HEY HEY, WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM"
>>
>>44712016
because Jace is the "front" of magic.

but once you read any story's with him, the truth comes out, he's a heavily flawed man who rarely complete what he sets out to do.
>>
>>44712191
And yet.
>>
>>44712204
and yet nothing, he failed to do 90% of the shit he set out to complete in the story thus far.

couldn't even guard against Nicol Bolas's mind powers for a minute.

failed entirely to stop the release of the Eldrazi, infact, played into Nicol Bola's plot easily

got beaten and tortured by Tezzert multiple times and nearly killed 3 of them with Tez never getting his comeuppance in return.

gets effortlessly tricked by Liliana, twice.

the ONLY win he has under his belt is "not dying due to Supreme verdict by becoming the GUildpact and calming the guild leaders"

and now, figuring out how to pull Titans out of the Aether.

so he JUST NOW stopped failing.
>>
I thought this set would be cooler. Why did white get a diamond producing eldrazi, but no other eldrazi? Whats the point?

Does this confirm emrakul in innistrad?
>>
>>44714187
White eldrazi confirms nothing
>>
>>44714187
>emrakul in innistrad

Time for MtG: Bloodborne
>>
>>44714187
>diamond producing
But Displacer is diamond-powered, anon.
>>
Where is the damn oath trailer anon? Why wizards are so jewish they are not releasing trailers anymore?
>>
>>44710979
the phyrexians are cooler
>>
>>44714364
And they haven't spoiled the tokens of Oath yet either.
>>
>>44714431

God they are still mad at us for leaking info of kozilek.
>>
>>44709042
Alternately: Ugin didn't want the Eldrazi dead for whatever reason. He's got a big ol' dragon boner for balance, and since it's possible the Eldrazi fucking over planes serves some kind of purpose, he didn't want them dead until he could tell for sure, which is why he used the hedrons to seal them instead of killing them. Since the Fuckup Four have no idea what they're doing, they go ahead and use the hedrons to their fullest extent, doing what Ugin didn't want them to do - not what he couldn't, mind you.

Prediction: There will be a set where planes start crashing into each other and fucking shit up because the Eldrazi are no longer around to keep them under control. Phyrexia becomes a legit threat again because the planes begin to intersect "naturally" and they can cross over.
>>
>>44714534
What i kinda hope happens is that it turns out there are loads of eldrazi, and this was the big threes territory, but now two of them are dead others are moving in to take their place
>>
>>44712323
What happened to tezzeret?
>>
>>44710572
>it's just buying a car that reaches speeds you shouldn't be driving at, while you could be geting a car for a tenth of the price with triple comfort and safety
>it's just buying overly expensive sets of lenses to take pictures of food
just to take photography and sportscars for examples.
Most hobbies are expensive, many of them have absolutely no benefits if you don't go pro.
>>
>>44714893
The problem with Eldrazi is that they are just too big. With Bolas you can have a set of things that happens in a plane with just some cards dedicated to his machinations. With them if they are on a plane the entire plane is going to be fucked up, the focus is forced on them and you must have lots of cards for the brood lineage.

Phyrexia is similar to the Eldrazi but you can easily have phyrexian infiltrators and similar things without a massive plane-ending invasion.
>>
>>44708078
RIP magic lore

The only thing left is to hope that WotC accidentally prints eternal playable cards once or twice per set
>>
>>44712016
Just like current capes movies.
It's quips here, quips there.... even fucking hulk while raging quips.
Wizards obviously wants to cash in on this creating Capes the Quippening.
>>
>>44715070
>fall 2016 set
>Shinge... i mean, Attack on Phyrexia
>The Aveng.. i mean, the Gatewatch decides to to invade the most dangerous plane of all
>They find difficulties at first
>Jace is scared of Phyrexians
>Nissa is uninterested and selfish
>Chandra shows inexperience and haste by going first and gets captured
>It's up to Gideon to rile up the Gatewatch for the rescue mission
>He gives an inspiring speech, to no avail, and decides to go for himself
>Almost beaten, he sees two figures in the horizon
>Nissa and Liliana are there
>Meanwhile, the group's trickster, Jace is rescuing Chandra
>Explosions ensue
>Yawgmoth dies
>Samuel L. Jack... i mean Ugin is happy at the command center(he's spoiled as an EDH viable card)
directed by JJ Abrams, Joss Whedon, Peter Jackson and Michael Bay.
You all know its coming.
>>
>>44715448
Arg fucking disgusting.

Seriously where is the oath trailer?
>>
>>44715448
I know it's hard t deal with. i know he was a big part of things when you were coming up. But this isn't cape comic logic here. Listen, sport...

Yawgmoth Is Never Coming Back. Yawgmoth is DEAD. And Never Coming Back. DEAD.
>>
>>44715448
The Oathvengers
>>
>>44715815
>yfw the father is never coming back and the universe will never know true blessed compleation

why even unlive
>>
File: 602_rufmnnaf2h.jpg (94KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
602_rufmnnaf2h.jpg
94KB, 620x453px
>>44715902
Strive to make where you are better in your own image instead of clinging to the vision of one who spectacularly failed. Carry the spirit of his work, not the overblown image of the creator.

Live not in His shadow. Become the shadow that others fear encroach upon them as their world is made perfect one screaming victim at a time.
>>
>>44715902
Do you honestly want modern WotC to get their filthy hands anywhere near Yawgmoth?

Let the dead rest, anon.
>>
>>44715815
I sure do hope so. My earliar post, to which you're replying, is my worst fears realized.
>>
>>44716149
This.

Praise Yawgmoth, Father of Machines.
>>
>>44716212
Look, if people who thought the old story was extra fucking precious and gospel to the game like some people think mana burn and artifacts turning off when they tap get in charge of things, then we've got a problem. I'm not seeing anyone looking back at that sort of stuff as the "good ol' days" as much as they are thinking of them as just the "old days" and are left to be undisturbed and looked back on with some nostalgia goggles here and there. What happened in the 90's stays in the 90's hopefully.
>>
File: 602_18eg3sc479.jpg (115KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
602_18eg3sc479.jpg
115KB, 620x453px
>>44716294
That's a funny way of spelling Karn, son.
>>
>>44716439
But he abandoned us.
>>
>>44716408
No nostalgia googles here pal. The stories were bad and the characters annoying.
What I hope for is that wizards stops adopting the "main characters vs evil" approach.
It breaks my immersion in the game because they're trying to either force me to run Avengers in my deck, or be one of the villains. And that's bad because I fucking love viable white weenie decks with most if not all my dudes being faceless mooks.
>>44716439
Karn is a cunt
>>
>>44708737
Of course. Jace can't swoop in to save the day if Lili is successful now can he? :^)
>>
>>44710572

Or I spend zero money on the game and play it online with cockatrice with a couple friends because I've got better things to do with my wallet.
>>
>>44710325
>draft is ogw is 2 headed giant

Source?

That would be crazy
>>
>>44717026
>Source?
His ass. Wizards sent an email out to FLGSs telling them to run more 2HG games in OGW's prerelease because of the Surge mechanic, that's all.

And according to my FLGS, they sent that email months after approving the prerelease events so nobody got a chance to add more 2HG events than normal anyway.
>>
>>44717026
Most stores in my area are ignoring the 2HG option and are purely doing regular sealed events for the pre-release.
>>
When does LSV's set review begin?

I thought today would be the first day
>>
>>44717420
he just got done with gp oakland
it'll be soon, probably
>>
>>44714431
The tokens just got spoiled in the Jan 11 update article.
>>
File: nissa does it again.png (91KB, 382x260px) Image search: [Google]
nissa does it again.png
91KB, 382x260px
>>44715448
More like:
>fall 2016 set
>Attack on Phyrexia
>The Aveng.. i mean, the Gatewatch decides to to invade the most dangerous plane of all
>They find difficulties at first
>Jace is scared of Phyrexians
>Nissa is uninterested and selfish
>Chandra shows inexperience and haste by going first and gets captured
>It's up to Gideon to rile up the Gatewatch for the rescue mission
>He gives an inspiring speech, to no avail, and decides to go for himself
>Almost beaten, he sees a figure on the horizon
>Nissa is there
>"Hey Gideon, I fixed it!"
>phyrexian portals open to every corner of the multiverse
>>
>>44717967
Good enough fix.
>>
>>44707536
Purple is one per pack, though.
>>
File: boab149_korSpiritdancer.jpg (80KB, 620x419px) Image search: [Google]
boab149_korSpiritdancer.jpg
80KB, 620x419px
>>44710716
Can you blame him?
>>
>>44705976
Hey remember when a 4 mana vampire didn't require you to tap another creature to produce a 2/2 token and both of those creatures had flying?
>>
File: ruinintheirwake.jpg (49KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
ruinintheirwake.jpg
49KB, 265x370px
Was Rampant Growth really so strong that you needed to print a strictly inferior version?
>>
>>44718196
Honestly, I kinda agree with their philosophy of "if it's an X-matters block, keep the X enablers out of it". When high-cost Eldrazi are running around we don't need a Rampant Growth in Standard and we certainly don't need another Eldrazi Temple on Standard.

Just look at what happens when you give players fetches and duals in a single Standard. Don't make things easy for the players or shit gets stupid fast.
>>
I just noticed that the Cohort mechanic doesn't say tap another ally. To be honest I'm actually very surprised that it doesn't considering it'd make the mechanic utter boring shit, and utter boring shit has been the order of the day for a couple years now.
>>
>>44716408
Frankly, the older lore was far more interesting than the new. The focus on planeswalkers now is irritating to the extreme, because none of the planeswalkers being focused on are interesting in any way. A light touch with planeswalkers usually resulted in better overall stories, and they've shown they aren't doing anything of the sort now.
>>
>>44707443
What would happen if it ended with all of them dying, and new planeswalkers get introduced in new sets?
>>
File: 802.jpg (46KB, 600x816px) Image search: [Google]
802.jpg
46KB, 600x816px
>people actually care the M:tG lore

Most of it is boring and sucks ass, why do you let idiots let stories affect how you play a card game that doesn't need to follow a story?
>>
>>44718564
What would be amazing is if they did get cocky and went to New Phyrexia, only to get captured and compleated.

Imagine it: New Phyrexia accomplishes what Yawgmoth never could.
>>
File: submergedboneyard.jpg (41KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
submergedboneyard.jpg
41KB, 265x370px
What the goddamn fuck is this shit?

Why would they even print this? In a block that already has super strong color fixing? At uncommon? This is just five wasted slots. It would have been better for them to print five blank cards, someone might have fun doodling on them.
>>
>>44718625
How I wish for this.
>>
>>44718665
>What is limited
Gotta enable converge somehow
>>
>>44718625
Yawgmoth captured and compleated several planeswalkers, it's just a complication that compleation destroys the spark so they just became normal phyrexian demons.
>>
>>44718692
Who, exactly? I don't recall any being mentioned before.
>>
>>44718722
There are several unnamed planeswalkers.
>>
>>44718665
What they SHOULD have printed at uncommon is fetchlands that only fetch 1 land type. Almost useless for standard, but oh fucking boy would shit hit the secondary market fan when people got a readily available acceptable replacement for $110 Tarns.
>>
>>44718722
Not identified characters.
>>
>>44718792
We already have those. They're called off-color fetches.
>>
>>44718792
>evolving wilds doesnt count
>>
>>44718833
>enters field tapped
>>
>>44718686

I'm sure that if they had sat down and thought about it for five fucking minutes, they could have come up with something better than a strictly inferior version of cards that were just printed in the fucking LAND slot. This is unacceptable. This is the kind of shit that makes me wish whoever the fuck shat out this block gets fired.
>>
>>44718833
But a $1 replacement for them? Demand for all fetchlands would drop.
>>
>>44718887
They wouldn't stay $1. Fetching a land type instead of a basic is still immensely valuable. Still, might help ease prices a bit.
>>
>>44718996
At uncommon? Every draft would dump half a dozen off colour fetch replacements into the market.
>>
>Jeskai Ascendancy/Manland/Cantrip spam combo
Is it T1? I think it is.
>>
>>44719042
Serum Visions is a $7 common. Every deck needs lands. They wouldn't stay $1 if they even start that low.
>>
>>44719130
I don't even care how much they end up at, it's more fetchlands in the market.
>>
>>44719168
They would me far more affordable than the normal fetches, that's for sure.
>>
Ugh. All the planeswalker support cards in oath, and available mana fixing, means we are going back to super friend decks. Looks like standard is dead to me for a while.
>>
>>44719219
It's been dead to me since Theros. Wake me when ponder returns to standard.
>>
>>44710909
>far as I know, most of /tg/ hates the Origins crew
I really wanna know why this is such a common opinion here.
Before I ever started playing or browsing /tg/ I couldn't not cringe when I'd try to get into magic and read about the planeswalkers. Only after someone said that I could completely ignore them did I start playing.
Couple years later and now they've got a set surrounding the ones I hate the most and then a set where they go full Justice League.
>>
>>44719347
>Chandra casually incinerates 2 of the 3 most powerful beings in the multiverses
>>
>>44719347

The entire idea of having "main characters" in Magic is wrongheaded to begin with. It was horrible back during Gerrard Cocksmoker and his jolly crew, and it's horrible now. You can have individual characters who are important in one set if that lets you tell a better story, but those characters should immediately be forgotten in the next set.
>>
>>44719347
>I really wanna know why this is such a common opinion here.
They're boring and most of MTG lore is poorly written. Not much else to it.

The only one of the Gatewatch crew I can remotely like is Gideon because all the other watchers wish they could be as manly as he is and he knows it. Cocksure paladins are pretty cool in my book of Common Fantasy Tropes.

>>44719425
>The entire idea of having "main characters" in Magic is wrongheaded to begin with.
Oh yeah, this too. It's OK when there are a couple god-like beings running around (Urza, Yawgmoth, Karn, Emrakul I guess) so long as they don't soak up too much of the spotlight.
>>
>>44719347
There are planeswalkers out there that are much cooler and they're being eschewed in place of these chuckle fucks. Not to mention that they completely changed Nissa's character to make her more wholesome so they can shove her down our throats some more.
>>
>>44719558
Yeah I thought it weird that they somehow picked the exact PWers I can't stand for this when there's way better examples. The only one I can't think of a better example of is Chandra, is she the only living monored?
>>
>>44719670
Fun fact, this is Chandra's first non-core card since Zendikar first hit. For someone who's meant to be THE red walker, she's awfully irrelevant in the lore.
>>
>>44719670
>Chandra, is she the only living monored?
>>
>>44719723
Didn't Sorin slap his shit?
>>
>>44718513

Yes, as opposed to the exquisitely well-composed and enthralling older cards where FUCKING 80% OF THE GODDAMN SHITTY FUCKING CARDS HAVE SOME SORT OF "WITTY" QUIP FROM ONE OR MORE OF THE FUCKING SMARMY-ASS MOTHERFUCKERS ON THE GODDAMN WEATHERLIGHT AS THEY TODDLE ABOUT THE PLANE SNIFFING EACH OTHER'S FARTS.

Oh my FUCK those sets make me so autistically angry. If there's anything to make me agree with your worries, its the knowledge that they can cock up a marketing push THAT MUCH.
>>
>>44710979
An absolutely meaningless distinction.
>>
>>44719670
Koth
>>
>>44719720
They're always terrible too.
Just look at how overcosted this new one is.
Good thing I stay away from planeswalker cards anyways, it's such a pain to try so hard to protect them just to get something of value.
>>
>>44719670
There's that one pyromancer that worked with Tezzeret can't remember the name or if she is still alive but iirc she was a planeswalker
>>
>>44719425
Planeswalkers are fine as recurring side characters or people who make things happen. Liliana's role in Innistrad is important but it mostly feeds her own character arc while helping the story of the rest of the block.

Also the five chosen for the Origins group are dull as fuck. I'd take Ajani or Elspeth over Gideon and Tamiyo/Koth over Jace/Chandra.
>>
>>44709059
Build a deck that offsets the weaknesses of your partner's deck. They're playing heavy control? You play aggro. They're playing Midrange? You play tempo. Remember that in 2HG sealed, you and your partner have a shared pool of cards for deckbuilding.
>>
>>44718196
there are very niche situations in which this is better than rampant growth as thus it is not strictly inferior.

like in a match-up against iona

lmao
>>
>>44719723
Tibalt is R/B character-wise according to Maro, he was just monored in AVR because they needed a monored walker to fill a mythic slot.
>>
>>44717967
>Koth doesn't show up because Chandra is the red walker for New Phyrexia
>No Elspeth coming back from Theros' bullshit to hang with Karn and curbstomp some Obliterators because fucking Gideon taking up the white walker spot
>Jace because Venser is a dead nigga
Just don't even bother with another Karn. Only planeswalkers that exist now is the Gatewatch for every set.
>>
>>44705976
One of these is not like the others.
>>
>>44718513
You come to every thread saying the exact same thing but I really can't agree with you.
>>
File: 1G5xwq6.png (203KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1G5xwq6.png
203KB, 265x370px
So how would I build a new standard aggro deck with the new colorless stuff?

I was thinking just shove this, Reality Smasher and Bearer of Silence together and just rape them into submission. Is there anything else that would go well with it?
>>
>>44721237
Ramp since your dudes are 4 and 5 cmc?
>>
>>44721277
whats good standard ramp though? That new 1cmc Hedron creature?
>>
>>44721299
rattleclaw mystic
hobo deerguy (forgot his name)
>>
At least the new tokens look neat.
>>
>>44721360
shaman?
>>
File: Chandra, Flamecaller.png (193KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Chandra, Flamecaller.png
193KB, 265x370px
>>44721376
Except they fucked up the elemental, they're supposed to have Haste.
>>
File: en_lrSfRX41Ri[1].png (211KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_lrSfRX41Ri[1].png
211KB, 265x370px
>>44721595
>Except they fucked up the elemental, they're supposed to have Haste.
Huh, you're right.

They're also missing the Kor tokens made from Captain's Claws.

Maybe the Claws were meant for the original third set of the block, got pushed into the second, and the tokens were forgotten in the process?
>>
>>44721671

They don't put haste on tokens. Look at xenagos' tokens
>>
File: 78507[1].jpg (22KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
78507[1].jpg
22KB, 200x285px
>>44721721
Huh, you're right.

Strange that I never noticed that, considering I was using this hastey soldier token the entire time Theros was Standard-legal
>>
File: Akoum Stonewaker Token.png (193KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Akoum Stonewaker Token.png
193KB, 265x370px
>>44721671
>missing the Kor tokens made from Captain's Claws.
They're missing the 8/8 blue Octopus from Crush of Tentacles as well.
I guess because those are the same exact ones as last set they didn't need a reprint?

Which means Chandra probably made the same tokens as Stonewaker with haste and trample but had to be nerfed to be as useless as a Chandra should be.
>>
>>44721595
She doesn't seem that bad I guess. Obviously not built with the faster formats in mind.
First ability would be really neat with the turn-ending sundial.
>>
>>44707443
>mtg is now about a team of bland characters doing capeshit

We suffered through this horseshit back during Weatherlight through Apocalypse. It's nothing new. Just have to hope they eventually get back to the stand alone stories.
>>
File: 157.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
157.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>44720229
Jhoira?
>>
>>44718513

The only good planeswalkers now:

Tezzeret
Vraska
Sorin
Sarkhan
Liliana

Why cant they make the interesting ones the focus of the storyline?
>>
>>44722094
I like Ajani. And I don't think Elspeth is actually permadead.
>>
>>44722125
Elspeth is just in a realm for the dead. Pretty sure she's looking for a way to escape and not get caught by Erebos and Athreos. If she left now with them allowing her she would just be a zombie looking for her soul like Daxos.
>>
>>44721825
Yeah they're considered the same thing if it's the same token from one block. They printed the kor and octopus already at BfZ
>>
>>44722094
tezzeret is bolas' bitch, but
wish him to grow back his balls like Sarkhan did
>>
>>44718623

The problem is that the mechanics and flavor of the cards is becoming more-and-more dictated by the lore. I'd rather it be the other way around.
>>
>>44722094
if they made them the focus of the story they would give them retarded motivations and stupid dialogues and flavortext quotes, it is better for them to exist in the periphery
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (103KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
103KB, 1920x1080px
this guy's videos would be better if he stopped talking like a faggot
>>
File: a20160114.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
a20160114.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>44722094
>>44721595
Remember when PW debut in Lorwyn as visitors as they contributed nothing to the lore? The last time that did that with Tamiyo lorefags complained about a Kamigawan in Innistrad. Fast forward to today when the PWs are the focus of the set lore-wise.
http://magiccards.info/query?q=chandra&v=card&s=cname
>>
>>44722571
So would TCC's
>>
File: a20160114.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
a20160114.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>44721595
Her +1 is nice but doesn't feel Chandra-ish. No true ultimate.
>>
>>44723424
A while ago I remember reading something MaRo said about keeping Planeswalkers distinct-feeling, that each Planeswalker represented a portion of their color and not the color as a whole so that they wouldn't run out of cool things to do with new Planeswalkers. This is why they don't design cards like Liliana Vess anymore, who does it all, and instead design more Planeswalkers like Elspeth, whose theme is soldiersoldiersoldiers. I guess they're just going to quietly abandon that in the name of pushing the Origins Five, which is fucking stupid and gay.
>>
>>44719720
>For someone who's meant to be THE red walker, she's awfully irrelevant in the lore.

She's irrelevant in mechanics too.
This new Chandra looks like the first ever Chandra that might actually be constructed worthy.
>>
>>44723774

That doesn't quite fit in with how the new Ob Nixilis is just "black things: the planeswalker".
>>
>>44723336
watch his at 1.5x speed. He used to be/is a teacher so he talks slow for drooling retards.
>>
>>44724130
that actually makes sense
>>
>>44721595
Why can't Chandra get a decent card?

This one is worse then the last Chandra, the Outpost Seige
>>
>>44724506
>0: discard all your lands and irrelevant spells, draw that many fresh cards and then another one
How is this bad? This card is fucking insane
>>
>>44724523
If it does that and then dies its a shitty card

I'd rather play treasure cruise if I wanna refuel. Also cruise doesn't make me tap for 6 fucking mana
>>
>>44724543
>What are control decks
>What is removal
>How do I play magic?
Jesus christ you're bad at this
>>
>>44724523
You missed the bit where it is 6 cmc.
>>
>>44724642
See >>44724632
>>
>>44724632
Sure control will love this planeswalker that can't protect itself and costs 6 mana and awkwardly generates card advantage! At least it does a shitty radiant flames impersonation.

Please tell me what deck this amazing walker fits into. Will Esper Dragons splash double red for this fucking insane bomb?
>>
File: fuck this bait.jpg (103KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this bait.jpg
103KB, 625x626px
>>44724632
>4RR in a control shell

C'mon, baby. I deserve better.
>>
>>44724673
GOOD

IN

EDH
D
H
>>
>>44724673
>Tell me, will a non red deck play a red card?
Do you even listen to yourself?
>>
>>44724666
>control
>wanting a PW whose abilities center around pushing RDW through the last final stretch to the finish line.
>It doesn't even protect itself
Go home Satan. You're drunk. You should be better at deceiving people than this.
>>
>>44724632
>spend 4RR
>have enough of a hand by the time i can generate this much mana so the 0 ability is relevant
>having enough mana to protect her after casting
>being this much of a faggot
seriously, running a draw spell is strictly better
>>
>>44720229
Baltrice!
>>
>http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/137137720873/why-the-name-change-from-uncharted-realms-to
This is the level of intelligence of the average magic player
>>
>>44724673
6 mana? Too high
http://www.houseofsixten.com/hcstaff/?p=2204
>>
>>44725428
6 wouldn't be high if the walker fit a shell that provided either loads of weenies or big blockers before you cast it, or if it protected itself.
6 is absurdly high otherwise.
>>
I like the new Chandra in edh, arguably the best Chandra for edh that they've made

The + ability is more relevant in edh than in standard, for instance, because you are more likely to have synergistic pieces in play like purphoros or aura shards or powerful equipment or sundial of the infinite

And the 0 ability is also more relevant because in 60 card formats your hand is small by the time you have 6 mana, if you even make it to 6, whereas edh is still in the "gather resources and card advantage" phase when you get to 6 mana, so the 0 can be a bomb way to fill your graveyard and hand with gas

I do like the other newish Chandra though, it's tough to pick between them
>>
>>44725399
MaRo... fuck, rage blinds me so much i can't even come up with something clever.
>>
>>44725768
I agree.
I'm thinking about getting one to put my Boros deck.
The +1 meshes well with my anthems, and the 0 is some much need hand refreshing.
>>
>>44721237
>that card
>any flicker

I thought wizards swore they would never Fateseal
This is fucking Fateseal on steroids with any flicker

at least with the first zendicar they fucking required hard casting for eldrazi enter-effects
>>
>>44725894
He didn't even answer the question
>>
where can i try pre release sealed ?
>>
>>44727330
mtgmirror.com/#/sealedsim
>>
>>44725768
>>44726248
>I like the new Chandra in edh,
EVERYTHING IS GOOD FOR EDH BECAUSE IT FORCES INEFFICIENCY BY ONLY ALLOWING 1 COPY PER CARD
FUCK OFF WITH THIS "It would go great in my EDH deck ;)"

Stop talking about how good cards are for your shitty casual format, it's like bragging that something is good for sealed. Except sealed actually requires skill and is somewhat competitive.
>>
>>44706199
If it's anything like BfZ, I pulled 2 out of a fat pack so you'll probably do fine.
>>
>>44726427
>sealed pool on draft.wtf
>get him and the flicker eldrazi
>in'n'out the fucker all day every day

I can imagine that in constructed, resolving the flicker eldrazi while this guy is on the board is a win condition
>>
>>44709578
David had a sling. In those days a sling was effectively a battle rifle, perfectly capable of snapping ribs and pulping organs through armor.
Everybody keeps interpreting David as a triumphant underdog, when really he was just Indiana Jones shooting that sword guy.
>>
>>44721908
actually Anon, weatherlight was star trek shit. Your point still stands though
>>
>>44728325
>star trek
FUCK.
That's why I'm hating it then?
Dropped!
>>
Rate my Zada Shitbrew
16 Creatures
4 Zada
4 Swiftspear
4 Abbot
4 Rattleclaw Mystic

21 Spells
4 Dragon fodder
4 Hordeling Outburst
2 Slip Through Space
4 Titan's Strength
3 Become Immense
2 Unnatural Endurance
2 Expedite

23 land
4 Bloodstained Mire
2 Cinder Glade
3 Forest
1 Island
4 Mountain
2 Polluted Delta
1 Smoldering Marsh
1 Sunken Hollow
1 Swamp
4 Wooded Foothills

I'm going to have another 2 Unnatural Endurance in sideboard because I couldn't manage to fit them in the main, not sure on what else or if stretching the mana base this far is fine so I can get Unnatural at all. Might be too cute and I should just drop it for two more Slip Through Spaces.
>>
Building jund eldrazis for standard.
>>
>>44725399
There has to be a point of diminishing returns here, like you can't dumb your game all the way down and expect it to still be good
>>
>>44715448
I would actually watch the shit out of this movie, but keep in mind that its place in my video library would be right next to the two D&D movies I've got. It's not a place of honor.
>>
>>44719269
>For thousands of years, Anon has slumbered
>"Who has awakened me?"
>"Ah, um, sorry, sir, I'm from Sorcerers of the Nebula, we've taken over the Magic: The Gathering license after Galactic Overlord Roborosewater's defeat in the recent hyperspace war. We wanted to let you know that we've decided to print Ponder in next year's Super format, which is the current name for what was known as Standard in your time."
>>
>>44729635
>magic takes a back seat to holodeck addiction
>wherein I play magic
>>
>>44729195
>Changing name of an series of articles is dumbing the game down
I did not know what Uncharted Realms was about just by the name alone.
>>
>>44711902
That made me nauseous. U/W action hero Jace when?
>>
File: 635878443742323792.png (143KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
635878443742323792.png
143KB, 265x370px
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>44730174
What? Putting black people on Arian cards?
>>
File: interstellar-20.jpg (38KB, 300x177px) Image search: [Google]
interstellar-20.jpg
38KB, 300x177px
>>44719269
>yfw
>>
>>44716439

Karn is shit by default because he's related to the Weatherlight bullshit.

As much as people complain about the Justice League of Planeswalkers, I'd still rather have them than fucking Gerrard and Sisay.
>>
>>44716408
>artifacts turning off when they tap

They really need to bring that back. Also tapped blockers dealing no combat damage. Tapping a thing barely even means anything now.

How the fuck did Mana Vault even work under the original rules? Both its damage ability and its untap ability should have been turned off.
>>
>>44730970
Static effects were turned off and you forget, the rules work the way they do until a card says otherwise. Mana vault stipulates that the damage occurs if it's tapped.
>>
>>44730970
>How the fuck did Mana Vault even work under the original rules? Both its damage ability and its untap ability should have been turned off.
What is the golden rule of magic again? If a card tells you to break the rules the card supersedes the game.
>that specific confusion was one of the reasons they changed the rule
for shame anon.
>>
>>44718665
I don't know why you are complaining there's hardly any fixing at all in BFZ which is part of the reason the converge deck is so bad and green is so bad. Except for a few rares (Which you shouldn't expect to get ever) your options for fixing are
Evolving Wilds (Uncommon, High pick)
Lifespring Druid (Green)
Sylvan Scrying (Horrible Tempo loss, doesn't even ramp you, Green)
Natural Connection ( 3 mana, tempo loss, Green)

Personally I was super excited when I saw this cycle. Maybe we'll see a few more multicolor ally decks come together, or the grixis devoid deck can have all 3 colors and not just 2.
>>
>>44724673
>Can't protect itself
>Has a built in pyroclasm effect
>>
>>44710146
Killing the Eldrazi is good, but that's just silly. Not even a reference to the ghostfire? Come on, at least make it look like you tried to come with something, don't you?
>>
>>44723807
That's because Ob was an oldwalker who embodied everything stereotypically evil about black except for the mustache-twirling. His entire design is meant to make you think "wow, so this is essentially the most black card that could have come out of an early 2000s block".
>>
>>44731449
You're forgetting the meta shattering Pilgrim's Eye
>>
>>44732603
Right I keep forgetting Pilgrim's eye because I rarely see it in packs due to it being an uncommon and a fairly high pick.
>>
>>44721908
No that's not the problem, the problem is pushing the story this massively into the cards. I want my draft to be a "random encounter" on the plane, not to be a shitty version of the story.
>>
File: EldrabzanCombo.png (20KB, 583x214px) Image search: [Google]
EldrabzanCombo.png
20KB, 583x214px
This will be the new BW Warriors, mark my words.
>>
>>44732776
you should put a siege rhino in it because his ETB is really good with the displacer and it gives you something to do that isn't just pray for combo finish.
>>
Maro - "Before the current story line (which began last summer) neither Jace nor Gideon nor Chandra played any role in the story for *two* years."

Theros I'll let slide. But what is the entire Guildpact arch with Jace and Gideon, and then more or less 3 sets back to back with the God damn dream team in them. Someone kill me now
>>
>>44720383
Gideon is actually pretty cool. He deserves to stay in the fight, baving been introduced in RoE. I do however agree that Elspeth shouldn't have been axed off quite the way she was; accepting the Nyx story for what it was, I'm okay with her and Ajani doing their own thing.
>>
>>44706199
I've drafted two of them!
>>
>>44734668
i pulled two of the foil arid mesas from just buying packs. sometimes you get lucky
>>
>>44734736
I bought a box and got squat but both times i drafted with friends I pulled out an expedition.

Fuck the second group though, they made everyone agree to sell and split the money if someone drew an expedition
>>
>>44708078
Ew. But does this mean we can finally change the retarded looking planeswalker symbol?
>>
>>44712323
Anon's point is this doesn't come across in the cards. And I agree.

People knew urza had flaws. Reading books allowed you to figure out just how badly.

The cards cover up what a fuck-up (which you are correct) Jace is. And they shouldn't. Same for the rest of the walkers.
>>
>>44735344

except they point out the flaws of other walkers, Tragic Arrogance, comes to mind.
>>
>>44705976

Quick question. Would Tyrant of Valakut's Surge cost be reduced by Dragonlord's Servant effect? I am pretty sure that's the case, but still.
>>
>>44735602
Yes.
>>
>>44708078
PW being the focus of the story. *sigh* This might work if WotC can tell a good story and use the right PW.
White ~ ok with Gideon. Just stop changing his face every time a new version comes out.
Blue ~ Jace... the people who write him should be require to watch Eden of the East anime
Red ~ Chandra.. she can't be a Jaya clone but she is. Make her like Azula in terms of personality.
Green ~ Garruk back pls
>>44731603
>>
>>44735852
you obivously don't read the books much.

1, Jace is written fine in the books/UR's.

2, Chandra is nothing like Jaya ballard and this is an actual plot point, people EXPECT her to be like her, and she isn't.

Garruk is now a villian, he always leaned on it and now he simply embraced it once cursed.
>>
File: 1451927464756.jpg (3KB, 190x159px) Image search: [Google]
1451927464756.jpg
3KB, 190x159px
>tfw your L2 tells you he can't make it the whole weekend and you'll have to judge all prereleases on your own
>>
>>44736504
how convenient for him
>>
>>44736504
Sounds like it's time for some DQs!
>>
>>44736627
I hope not. Disqualifying someone is always very unpleasant. Because it takes so long and is a lot of work.
>>
>>44724130
Goddamn. His slow talking always ticked me off before, but it's actually tolerable this way
>>
>>44710588
>MTG gets you fresh fish and caviar
The only good thing about MTG is it lets you bully nerds without getting in trouble
>>
>>44735775

Neat. So that's a turn 2 or three drop, depending on the format.
>>
>>44722094

>No Dack

Motherfucker what
>>
>>44723157

>Magic will never return to Kamigawa again
>And if it did they would just turn the plane into "Naruto, but with Planeswalkers".
>>
>>44740203
At this point I'd take even that.

I'm desperate, anon. You don't understand, anon, how desperate I am.
>>
>>44740238

... I might take it too, but I'd still reminisce about the original Kamigawa block. One of the best times I've had playing Magic, even if most of the cards are comparatively weak.
>>
>>44740317
>tfw I drafted Kamigawa block in November for 20 shekels

It was weird but also very fun. BG Soulshift is bonkers.
>>
>>44730213
I think he meant printing sub-par creature enchantments.
>>
>>44740924
Ehhh. It's kinda okay-ish in Limited.
>>
>>44740364

Wow, I am super jelly. I really want to do a Kamigawa block draft. How'd it happen for so cheap?
>>
>>44741696
It was more expensive initially but since it was 5 AM in the morning and we really wanted to draft it, the head judge decided to make it cheaper to reel some people in. We played till 9 AM and it was glorious.
>>
File: 1423611361923.png (169KB, 1094x836px) Image search: [Google]
1423611361923.png
169KB, 1094x836px
>tfw built a Kamigawa cube for the hell of it
Shit is fun as fuck to draft. It may be incredibly parasitic but when you draft UR Splice or RB Demons or UG Wisdom and it just works there's no better feeling
>>
>>44728068
>flicker eldrazi
I haven't seen all the spoilers
name please?
>>
File: eldrazidisplacer.jpg (39KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
eldrazidisplacer.jpg
39KB, 265x370px
>>44742059
>>
>>44742235
This is White/Anus hand Exile Control based on creatures that are P/T mana efficient for less than 4cmc, which has a natural defense against bolt

WTF WotC

what the hell are they thinking?
WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY EVER THINKING
>>
>>44742951
>WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY EVER THINKING
SHEKELS!
>>
>>44717420
Limited review: White is already out, mayne.

http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/oath-of-the-gatewatch-limited-set-review-white/
>>
>>44743079
By refusing power creep, by clearly power-creeping?
>>
>>44743103
By power creeping in the second set of a block since the first set spent all the hype and now they HAVE to print decent cards to sell.
>>
>>44721299
>1cmc
It's a 2cmc, sorry dood.
>>
Where is the goddamn trailer wizards!!!!!
>>
>>44744975
They didn't fucking make one.
>>
>>44745114
Good. The trailers were always the most embarrasing thing about this game.
>>
>>44744975
>>44745278
Instead they decided to make mechanics videos and to awkwardly photoshop Kozilek into the BFZ trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBMqIx9b1cU
>>
>>44745278
I really like the trailers.
>>
>>44742000
That's the thing about Kamigawa; yeah it's incredibly parasitic, but in the context of just the block itself, it's awesome. There's a reason Kamigawa block draft consistently rates highly among best draft format lists.
>>
>>44742235
Recurring Siege Rhinos.. yeah?
>>
So do you think thopter decks are still somewhat viable after these come in? I love my thopters, but I keep watching the prices plummet on my cards.
>>
>>44707593
ugin is evil dude, bolas is the good dragon. Every sentient grixis user was good in the end. look at urza and toshi.
>>
>>44707781
its my time sink, got 160 hours of grinding on that shit
>>
>>44746580

During this standard, artifact decks were really only viable during Origins. Losing Darksteel, Ensoul and Shrapnel Blast really hurt it.
>>
>>44742951
>which has a natural defense against bolt
It doesn't. It's target another creature, it can't exile itself.
>>
>>44711619
storywise blue control plays out like mindrape. It may mechanically be a longer game but in lore thats all just happening in the losers mind before they flop to the ground like a bitch
>>
>>44714923
bolas gave him the dragon d and broke him
>>
>>44740067
dack got fucked up by ashiok. rip best walker, he touched the wrong persons shit.
>>
>>44724694
shit in edh actually
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/harmonic-pact/
>>
>>44747345

Meant to add:

Any suggestions to fix this up? I started with Origins and missed out on Zendikar because I had a baby. Was wondering if there were any new additions that might make this deck play better. I get a Zendikar box in the mail today.
>>
>>44727995
Ah okay so the ratio must be 1 in every 4 or 5 packs then :^)
>>
>>44747345
>>44747368
First off if you're willing to spend money on your deck look into some better, lower curver cards. I don't play B/W at all myself so I'm not sure what the go to stuff is but things like the Silumgar Butcher and the Aven Tactician should go, they're too high CMC for such little effect. You should also run more bounce effects if you want to use Pact, blue has lots.
Some of your sideboard cards like Blood-Cursed Knight, Fleshbag Marauder and Valorous Stance should be in the main deck. There's a black enchantment in Zendikar that lets you sacrafice your creatures to gain life and draw cards, I'd suggest a few of those and then you can safely run four copies of Blood-Cursed Knight in the main deck.
Finally, if you want to run Undead Servant, do the full 4 copies. Having more of them only makes it better.
>>
>>44747432

That sounds great. My greatest struggle with this deck was that it was hard on my LP against aggro.
>>
>>44746734
Urza was a RWU Walker, and Toshio was a pure B user in a block where the story was specifically reversed to have a W antagonist and a B protagonist (Umezawa and Konda respectively).
>>
>>44747538
>W antagonist and a B protagonist (Umezawa and Konda respectively)
Meant the other way around, Konda was the W antag and Umezawa was the B protag.
>>
>>44747538
I'd have said Urza was more B than W, but then, he used most every colour besides Green.
>>
I really wish they had kept planeswalkers as flip only like in Origins. I liked the mechanic.

In fact, I wish they wouldn't rerelease a planeswalker until they were being phased out.
>>
>>44747538
shit i meant his grandson who killed bolas. Also urza started jeskai and turned grixis when he realized what it would take to become a true hero.
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.