[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In real life, some countries that have the death penalty allow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1446924556477.jpg (13KB, 164x200px) Image search: [Google]
1446924556477.jpg
13KB, 164x200px
In real life, some countries that have the death penalty allow the convict to go free after a failed execution or a post-execution revival (in the medical sense).

How would it work in a fantasy world where killing a "helpless" captive can sometimes be very hard, and they can sometimes be resurrected even without a single trace of the body?
>>
Depends on the setting

>314 posts about the death penalty omitted, nice one OP
>>
By slaying them and trapping their vulnerable soul that's trying to escape. Though, that would need a dangerous vault to hold all those souls, as destroying the soul containers would just release them, ready for resurrection.
>>
Injecting a chemical that rots the body, making those without a specific resistance to it unable to be resurrected without essentially being draugr tier rotten and dying shortly after being resurrected.

Decapitation?

Burning at stake?
>>
>>44702139
>resurrected even without a single trace of the body
says OP
>>
>>44702017
Keep killing them till their dead, Red Mantis style?
>>
>>44702098
Or instead of putting their souls into containers they just harvest them for magitech and magitech accessories. A luxury beverage for demons could be made from souls it would taste like Code Red Mountain Dew
>>
>>44702017
>they can sometimes be resurrected even without a single trace of the body?

Most people aren't a resurrection risk, so you can safely write their deaths off as either permanent or not worth the trouble you'd take to prevent their resurrection.

If someone is a resurrection risk and you absolutely cannot allow this person a chance to get back on the streets, then you still have some options:
>do something to his soul so it can never come back (like destroying it, desecrate the body, depends on the setting, etc)
>rez him yourself immediately whenever he dies, or otherwise keep him alive, so he stays alive in jail. Undeath may be an option here.
>hold him until he dies of old age, if that disqualifies him from resurrection.

If you still want to publicly torture or humiliate this person for entertainment, you can do that in place of execution to placate the masses.
>>
>>44702166
Whoops, forgot how to read.

But resurrected without a single trace? That's some MMO-tier bullshit. But if we go down that path, taking all their possessions would help with the punishment if they did come back.

>>44702171
Probably the best idea.
>>
>>44702473
>But resurrected without a single trace? That's some MMO-tier bullshit.
Eh, True Resurrection has been in D&D since...I think it showed up in 2E? Can't remember rightly, though, I've never been much of one for divine casters.
>>
>>44702098
Just set up a small company employing out of work or indentured adventurers to recapture spirits and return them to the holding vault.
>>
I do know that resurrection can work as long as you have even just a little bit of them left. How ever, the less of them there is, the less likely it is to work.
At least thats how my DM put it.

So, ya know
you can have just a little hair and it MIGHT world.
>>
>>44702473
Campaign fiat.
"If you are dead when the sun comes up you stay dead."
>>
Since the sentence is something like "You shall hang by the neck until dead," should the rope break during the drop, he doesn't walk free because the sentence hasn't been carried out. Notice the "until dead" clause, which is specifically included to cut off the idea of letting death sentences walk over a technicality during the execution.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.