[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens if the Lady of Pain tries to maze a minotaur?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 85d.png (278KB, 400x426px) Image search: [Google]
85d.png
278KB, 400x426px
What happens if the Lady of Pain tries to maze a minotaur?
>>
When it escapes, it gets flayed
>>
>>44696438
Been tried....
I think spoony did a segment on it.

>OK, you know where the exit is, its exactly 27 million miles that way".

Or some such shit.
>>
>>44696498

Thing is, the player was lying. Minotaurs don't have any special maze sense. No edition of D&D gives them such an ability. That was the whole point of the original story of the labyrinth, that the Minotaur couldn't find its way out.
>>
>>44696919
>no edition of d&d...
Nigga wut?
It literally says in mm "immune to maze spell".
>>
>>44696919
3.5 specifically makes them immune to the maze spell
>>
>>44696438
The minotaur thanks her for the new summer home.

He is then flayed.
>>
>>44696919

They're immune to the spell Maze in 2e, which I'm pretty sure is what the Lady of Pain casts.
>>
>>44696498
Why even put them in a maze if the exit can't be reached due to sheer distance?
>>
>>44697058
Because the Lady doesn't play with dice.
>>
>>44697058
To fuck with you.
>>
>>44697086
She's a bitch. But she ain't dumb.
>>
>>44697042
I'm not sure where it says this, but I remember reading that the Lady of Pain does not cast the Maze spell.
>>
>>44698177
If I recall, its an inate ability. Not a "spell" like a mage 'casts'.
>>
>>44697058

The Lady of Pain is an NPC in Planescape. She's an inscrutable force who tends to throw people she encounters into extraplanar mazes without saving throws. The mazes are essentially impossible, so the character is effectively dead when this happens. She's meant to be a force players can never actually beat and therefore a sort of power cap on the game.

The "maze a Minotaur" scenario comes from a story told by internet personality Spoony where a player tried to outsmart him by playing a Minotaur and summoning the Lady of Pain. The player pointed to the rule that said Minotaurs can't get lost in mazes. Spoony, love him or hate him, is incredibly vindictive and will never let a player get a leg up on him on anything. So when the minotaur player got mazed Spoony simply told him the maze he was dropped in was a long, straight hallway about an astronomical unit in length. The walking time effectively killed the Minotaur.
>>
>>44698865
i felt it was more the guy built the character specificly to fuck with the lady of pain, and, she being the dm's finger of god, went 'well fuck you then'
>>
>>44698998
What kind of idiot That Guy would try to fuck with the Lady of Pain?

>captcha: Royal lySitel
>>
>>44700084
Basically one who wanted to stroke his dick at a "loophole"
>>
>>44700084
according to spoony, the guy in that story, who noticed that there was a not of minotaurs knowing where they are in like, any maze, and spoony guessed it was BECAUSE you don'tever fuck with tlop, that he had to get in one little win
>>
>>44698742
It's also a different effect. The experience of being cast into a maze with the spell "maze" is very different from the experience of being Mazed.
>>
>>44697058
This is a setting that has an infinitely tall mountain with a physical top and bottom, and people have climbed it.
You can't die in the LoP's mazes, only keep walking and think about what you did.
>>
>>44698865
>She's meant to be a force players can never actually beat and therefore a sort of power cap on the game.
She's mostly meant to explain how a place like Sigil can exist in the first place without all the various gods trying to conquer it and then exploit its portal system to control the multiverse. She exists to cap the powers of NPCs much more than PCs.
>>
>>44701976
I read a book where some Greek god sent a hero after her...
It seems all the gods from many realms, wanted her.
>>
People are allowed to escape the Lady of Pain's mazes. It's a punishment, not an execution.
You only get mazed once.
You try whatever shit you did again, you get flayed, not mazed.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.