[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I had this idea for the start of a scifi campaign and wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1422367551385.png (49KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1422367551385.png
49KB, 1000x1000px
So I had this idea for the start of a scifi campaign and wanted to know if anyone else had had similar ideas or if they'd actually run them.

The players start out exiting their pods, at which time I hand them their character sheets and portraits. All are identical, as they are all clones of the same person.
The idea moving forward would be to have them individualize and customize organically over the course of the game, sort of like how the Clone Troopers did.

Thoughts?
>>
I think its fine (I had a similar idea for an ACTUAL clone trooper based game), but I would get player buy-in rather than just springing it on them.
>>
Probably best to check with your players beforehand to make sure they're okay with it.

Personally, it sounds like fun, but I'd hate to go through all the trouble of character creation just to have my hard work invalidated because "lol we clones now".
>>
>>44692349
>but I'd hate to go through all the trouble of character creation just to have my hard work invalidated because "lol we clones now".
I think OP would give them premade characters.

OP, this could be fun, but you should give the PCs a little bit of wiggle room for individuality; maybe a little bit of point-buy on top of the premade.
>>
>>44692435
When would you suggest the point buy happen? If it's during actual play then shit's going to slow down
If it's before it might defeat the purpose of starting out as clones
>>
>>44692902
When they reach the door leading out of the tutorial dungeon, duh.
Do you even WRPG?
>>
>>44692922
I don't play RPG vidya
>>
>>44692048

Fallout?
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 429x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 429x600px
>>44692048
>Pic related
Let them start with limited skills/attribute differences because they are a link in the chain seeking a more perfect clone.
>>
>>44692048
I think it's creative. But you should have them level once at least by the end of Session 1 just so they can begin to establish a mechanical divergence from the get fo.
>>
>>44696082
I'm afraid I don't know what that is. But this idea and this one >>44696148 seem equally valid ways of going about it
>>
>>44692435
>>44692902
>>44696082

>Either these guys are really missing the point. Or it is I who is really missing the point.

Anyway, sounds like a wonderful idea OP. Good way to introduce a new system too if you wanted to try something new as well.
Just make sure ahead of time you mention how YOU will be providing pre-made characters, but for them not to worry, because there will be plenty of room to customize.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.