[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some unique magic items you've seen in your games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 20

What are some unique magic items you've seen in your games?
>>
File: 8408fc75410d277107293f6f912a0766.jpg (593KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
8408fc75410d277107293f6f912a0766.jpg
593KB, 900x1000px
>>44690250
>>
>>44690250

My old DM was really fond of particularly dickish magic items he made up on the spot. I know using magic items without getting them identified is risky business, but it was even worse with his. By far the most offensive he ever made was an amulet which contained the soul of a recurring villain. If a character put it on, he would be immediately transformed into that villain and put under control of the GM. No warning. No save rolls. You put this thing on, your character was gone forever.

Fucking thing didn't even register on Detect Evil.
>>
File: real_23.jpg (969KB, 994x2021px) Image search: [Google]
real_23.jpg
969KB, 994x2021px
Kinda pic related. Had a magic item inbedded in the characters chest. Had to push on their chest to activate it. Have the character a breath attack. It was a cool idea, and actual came in handy in an interrogation session with the character.
>>
>>44690376

Man, your old GM sounds like a real cockhole.
>>
File: utenasword.png (359KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
utenasword.png
359KB, 720x480px
>>44690509
>not having a magic item you pull from someone's chest instead
>>
>>44690250
A bagpipe that turned you invisible when playing it
>>
>>44690250
a stone sword that was supposedly the first weapon that the king of the gods crafted out of the bones from a First One
>>
>>44690696

Outside the BBEG's evil lair, 2 AM.

"WHERE IN THE NAME OF ASMODEUS IS THAT BLASTED NOISE COMING FROM?!"
>>
File: Power Maul.jpg (14KB, 609x204px) Image search: [Google]
Power Maul.jpg
14KB, 609x204px
>>44690250
In RT we found a warp-tainted power maul that granted a slight sense of precognition a few seconds into the future. It made fighting with it incredibly rewarding and effective, even against foes it shouldn't have been very effective against.

However, the bearer of the maul would develop an incredibly strong preference for an alcoholic beverage located only on a specific world that is uncharted by Imperials, and can only be obtained in a very specific place on the planet. At first the effects are negligible - you would first start desiring alcohol (if you already didn't), but would never quite seem to be satisfied with any particular drink. Eventually, however, you would "mysteriously" come across the desired beverage at a seemingly random time - in a bar, at a party, when you open up your wet bar, etc - and it would all click. You HAD to get this beverage again. It was what you'd been searching for all along.

You will begin to look up local brewing recipes and lore on all planets you visit in your spare time, and spend more and more time away from your actual missions in search of this mystical beverage. All signs would eventually point to a long-lost world that nobody has been able to find - Marach. You'll divert from your current mission to search for this planet, and spend and ungodly sum trying to find it. Meanwhile, your personality becomes more and more abrasive, requiring that you constantly drink cheap imitations of the drink in order to remain functional, to the point where you begin to drink it like water and stop eating (yet never seem to grow weak).

Eventually, you will find the planet and find the place it's made. You'll then drink a whole bottle...and be perfectly fine. You won't crave it anymore after that.

About a week later to the minute, though, you'll explode into a Keeper of Secrets and rampage.

>>44690277
>that broken engrish at the bottom

I mean, I only speak English and bastard Spanglish but it always gets me.
>>
File: 1446468508022.jpg (19KB, 239x207px) Image search: [Google]
1446468508022.jpg
19KB, 239x207px
>>44690643

He also once gave an enemy on the losing side of a fight a ring of exploding teleport. In the middle of the fight.

I shit you not, he literally said "Okay, so now I think I'm gonna have this guy do something I haven't done in a while"
>>
File: 16-DD058-13.jpg (156KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
16-DD058-13.jpg
156KB, 800x600px
Cursed helbard, straight out of this game, it was a good weapon, not the strongest, not able to slay gods, but quite better than a lot of stuff at this moment.

Technically, its not harmful per se, it juts drains your stamina, but yeah, the guy wouldnt let go off it, so try fighting when you are exhausted because the weapon zaps your energy is pretty dumb.
Or travel. Or keep up with the group.
>>
>>44690250
Not unique maybe.
We once found a dagger. Detected magic, but identify didn't work. Finally found a sage/bard that knew what it did.
"Valiant Heart" dagger.
It increased the damage it did, by the amount of HP you were down.
Thus if you were wounded for 30 pts, the dagger did an extra +30.

Seems handy? It really wasn't. Very situational really.
>>
>>44690376
That would actually be kind of cool if it was a will save and you didn't completely lose control of your character.

I could totally imagine getting more of the villain's abilities as you slowly turn into him.
>>
>>44691388

>I could totally imagine getting more of the villain's abilities as you slowly turn into him.

This guy's "abilities" really amounted to nothing more than a magic two handed sword he just got whenever he appeared and a handful of feats which made him deadly with it. He still always managed to kill at least one party member whenever he showed up though.
>>
>>44691353
>not forcing your rogue to beat the shit out of himself until he is 1 HP then backstabbing everything to death
>>
>>44690376
There's a strange sense of humor about this item
>>
>>44690250
a dagger that kept saying we were useless at our jobs and started crying when it was used to stab poor people
>>
>>44690696
I'm stealing this. So simple but funny.
>>
>>44691353

Duel wield that, and a hasted vicious dagger.
>>
File: The Ticklesword.png (833KB, 764x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The Ticklesword.png
833KB, 764x1080px
except every feather is made up of mono-filament wires
>>
My DM bullshitted us telling that when you try to use two magic items of the same type (say two rings of fire protection) they cancel each other and you get nothing.
>>
>>44692545
That's silly.

Even in AD&D when they had some "magic item conflict" rules for specific things, it wasn't "they cancel out", it was "they make a new effect".
>>
>>44690696
I would totally implement this but one of my players actually plays bagpipes so he would probably abuse the hell out of this
>>
The Knuckled Crown

It's a dull pewter crown with thirty six slots around the rim. Each slot is large enough for a finger of a medium or small sized creature. While a finger is in the crown the wearer can use dominate person on the creature the finger came no matter where they are, and has constant status effect.

In addition the crown is self aware, telling the wearer to enforce the line of the Morine Kings and ensure their return. It's a LE presence with an enormous ego score.

Other magic effects is has are follows:
>The king's mind is unknowable
Mindblank
>The king's arm is strong
Insight bonus to attack and damage rolls
>The king's reach is long
Greater Scrying SLA
>The king's heart is pure
Protection from evil/good/law/chaos constantly

It was an end game artifact for the last campaign.
>>
>>44690250
I gave pour dwarven ranger (favorite enemies are goblins and giants and similar) and every time he rolls a crit fail in combat against those enemies, he automatically rerolls to grapple and rape, but has an uncontrollable urge to leave them alive.
>He has sixteen halfbreed children.

Another one I did was we had a character who had an allergy to cats. He played a werewolf character and got cursed to be a werecat instead. everytime he sneezed, he would go back into human form.
>>
>>44693307
wow. a ring that he couldn't remove.
>>
>>44693307
...Why didn't the other party members just kill the enemies for him?
>>
I once had an enemy with a certain ability set, but because I didn't know how to implement it, I made it a weapon. A ring, which had the following abilities:

1. Redirects any spells cast on or within 5feet of the bearer to the ring. The ring detects as human, true neutral, and tales on the rest of the properties according to the wearer, so most attempts at using detection spells on the bearer would rarely give a correct answer, but with no way of knowing that.

2. Cold sleep: falling asleep with this ring puts you in a stasis. The body neither rots, decays or seem to be effected by time, including magical time shenanigans. The bearer won't wake up until the ring is removed. During this state, the ring pings as dead to any attempts at detecting if the body is still alive.

The character in question used it to great effect, before giving it to the players. It was basically a thief /grave robber who would slip this ring to some unsuspecting rich guy, and then rob them blind while everyone thought they were dead.

Sadly the players sucked at using it.
>>
>>44690509
>>44690651
Better than a magic item that puts you in someone's chest
>>
>>44691086
That is sooooo Slaanesh
>>
In a game of Heroes Unlimited set in some pre-victorian era, the GM and I called bullshit on so many thing the other players made that he created a watch for me. When he gave it to me he said something like this. "This thing is fucking bullshit, but since the other won't shut up or stop let's just go full retard until I end this campaign"

It came with a list of every power in the core book and the 3 Power Unlimited books. Every time I pressed the side button, we rolled a series of dice to determine which power I would get for the next hour and then we striked that power off the list. I already had transmutation and a lot of power had synergies or cool effect with it. Before every combat, I pressed two or three time to see what I would get.

Here's a list from what I remember:
>Alter Limbs + Fire Expulsion: rocket boots
>Punch at distance + transmutation: I could bypass the touch requirement
>Power touch + transmutation: enhanced effects
>Charge object with explosive energy + supernatural throwing accuracy: No need to explain, I had more fun than I should have had that day
>A set of power that turned me into Dr Mundo
>Immortality for one hour, the other pc tried their best combo and power on me for some reason
>>
File: 1444486402816.jpg (25KB, 855x187px) Image search: [Google]
1444486402816.jpg
25KB, 855x187px
>>44690250
The DM threw my character a bone once and only once. He let me find, in a secret room in a sunken part of the abandoned mine turned orc fortress, a magic Halberd.

And Duke Spook was a motherfucker of a magic halberd.

+2 normally, +3 against plate armored targets, had some kind of bonus for trip attacks, and on a 20 on a d20 it dealt a shitball of acid damage.

Unless it was used against a noble.

Duke Spook was possessed by the spirit of a common soldier who fucking HATED nobles, and had apparently killed one in battle, and was subsequently hanged for it, and his soul found and possessed his weapon. It dealt acid damage against any landlord, from knight to king, on a d4. It also talked when any of them were there, and if not wrapped or muffled, would try to insult any nobility that got near it.

Came in REAL good handy when there was an intrigue to undermine the king. I remember when I made a hit and the acid worked that I cleaved through this one Count's head the DM let out this really satisfied "awwww yisssssssssss".

And that's the only time my fetish for polearms has ever been tickled right.
>>
My game had the "Amulet of Kinda Want". It was an amulet with an enchantment that made anyone who saw it kinda want it, but when they weren't looking at it, thought it was relatively worthless. The attraction was not enough to attack someone over it, just a mild desire to possess it. It would regularly change hands between the party members and various NPCs, and it became a running joke that whoever had the amulet would be blessed with extremely average luck. i.e. it was the epitome of an absolutely useless item. And then it went to shit. Players started using it with Diplomacy rolls to fudge it as having a large value and use it to pay for items of moderately high value, then buy it back for almost nothing. In the end i decided that the amulet kinda wanted itself, and it vanished from existence.
>>
Impromptu weapon consisting of a glass vial of an experimental artificial Hydra's blood.

When used as splash throwing weapon it would severely and horribly mutate any organic matter it made contact with.
It was basically a Cronenberg grenade.
>>
>>44692179

I think a sword that makes enemies burst into gut-wrenching laughter upon being struck would be pretty cool.
>>
A mechanical shadow.

It was a swarm of small metal disks that stayed connected to each other and could form flat shapes. It mimics your movements, and is capable of standing instead of laying on the floor or wall if necessary.

It got upgraded into a nightly training partner and then eventually a synchronized symmetrical combat double because the player was creative. And was playing a bad class.
>>
>>44690250

I had a half dragon that had a halo made of brass. If i threw it like a frisbee it would summon an Avoral for 1 minute.
>>
File: MP10_23.jpg (52KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
MP10_23.jpg
52KB, 576x432px
>>44694468

Whatever dude
>>
>>44690696
>>44690759

SCOTLAND FOREVER
>>
>>44690250
More like that? Inanimate TF is my thing
>>
>>44690509
EMbedded. Look it up.
*shameless sperg*
>>
The rod of perpetually perfectly bouncing prismatic luminescent rhythmic shocking eternal bubbles.

It produces a spray of bubbles, which bounce off of any surface, and even clouds or liquid, without popping or losing momentum. These bubble emit a faint swirling rainbowy glow, which grows stronger in response to sound; the louder the sound, the brighter the light. They also produce their own sound, specifically by shouting an obscenity every time they hit something. And the strange magic that governs this abomination makes it so the bubbles always travel just right so that their collective bounces are timed in iambic pentameter.

Also the bubbles give a mild shock, like a joy buzzer, if you touch them.
>>
File: knighttemplar.gif (71KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
knighttemplar.gif
71KB, 500x380px
>>44690250
My paladin received a sword from his order, which he could only pull out of his scabbard in self defense or when he had to execute his God's wishes.
>>
>>44691150
GMs do things like that all the time though, they just don't draw attention to it.
>>
>>44706765
Why would he ever put it back in the scabbard?
>>
>>44706893
If he did so and killed someone hos God didn't want him to kill, he would've fallen.
>>
I once ended up with the Ring of Needless Gambling. While worn, dice rolls that would be made by the character are coin flips instead. Heads is a max roll on the appropriate dice, tails is a minimum roll
>>
>>44706911
>his*
>>
>>44706893
cuz roleplaying? jesus.
>>
>>44706893
To enter a city, a temple, when not in combat, to play in character, to be in good standing with his god, etc

Why would anyone keep his sword in his hand at all time? It's ok when scouting a dangerous area or planning an attack but seriously, you'll get tired way to fast to bad good in even a small fight
>>
>>44706933
See, >>44706911 makes it clear what the sword does is enable incredibly lazy roleplaying where you don't even have to think about the consequences of your actions. The sword tells you what to kill, and you do as it says.

>>44706940
Use a different scabbard.
>>
>>44707006
You sound like a blast to play with, m8
>>
>>44707006
The Gm didn't want that the paladin falling was on accident and also didn't want to have to debate morality the whole evening with someone who thinks they are incredibly smart.

He wanted to make it so that if the paladin fell it was because of his own flawed choices.

If you are going to assume it was lazy roleplaying, go right ahead and do so. Remember that assume also means that you make an ass of u and me.

My paladin fell even though he had this sword mechanism.
>>
>>44690277
I...I kind of want to try this as an NPC.
>>
>>44690651
Actually that came up later in the same session. Guy pulled books from a girls chest. Stolen from another show the GM watched. Dantelion no shoka I believe.
>>
>>44707657
>TFW no sword waifu
>>
>>44699493
But the shop owners would know they're being swindled, but maybe not how.
>>
>>44691353
From FF 6. Same name, even.
>>
>>44711846
Also in an earlier ff.
The one with Locke, Edward, cyan....where it had a first half and second half of the game.
Ff4 maybe?
>>
>>44711910
Lock Edward Cyan were apl from FF 6.

In the US, it was released under the name Final Fantasy 3, because the US never got the NES FF 2, 3, or 5.
>>
A magic robe of protection that doesn't work when worn with armor beyond cloth.

It's ability is to make anyone with the intention to harm the wearer, suddenly feel like they have to pee... Real bad. We're talking 2 hour road-trip, no rest-stops, and you just drank a 32oz Big Gulp of soda, levels of bad.
>>
>>44711977
Ah. Thx m8.

I just remembered it from a long time ago.
Great game. I wonder if it is retro'd for the ps3?
>>
>>44711910
It was in a chest, after the world split. In the cave where you find Locke.
>>
>>44712041
Last retros I think they made, was for the PS 1, and DS. Otherwise, you can always just snag the rom and an emulator online.

Probably one of the best FF games, right next to 7. It was pretty much the last sprite-based epic to come from the company. Although Chrono Trigger was good, too.
>>
>>44712076
No. Locke hands it to you after you find him in the cave.
>>
>>44712121
Because (almost) every chest in the Pheonix Cave is empty, because he stole all the treasures already.
>>
>>44712098
I am going to look into that.

You're right, one of the best nes games ever. I'll put it up against ff tactics. ( which I still play on ps3).
>>
>>44712136
Holy fuck...its been a while since I saw that name.
Great game. Now I wanna play it.
>>
>>44712145
Ff tactics.. Classic. It retros for ps3? I still have my CD.
>>
>>44712145
>>44712187
FF Tactics is also classic. But I always felt like the 5 character cap limited your force too greatly.
>>
>>44712267
And learning ultima was nearly impossible.
>>
>>44705524

"Fuck"
"Shit"
ZAP
"Ass"
"Cunt"
"Dammit"
ZAP

Goddammit Dan! Turn that fucking thing off!
>>
Probably the most interesting one was a broken wooden pocketwatch. It's popped up in multiple campaigns, and it's main power seems to be travelling through universes to the current campaign setting. It's done different things depending on who's running the campaign. One guy had it be able to rewind time for a round, and in another game is was part of a magic ritual to summon Time God.
>>
>>44690651
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlssH5taZrk
>>
>>44690696
SCOOOOOOOOTLAAAAAAAAAND FOREVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER
>>
>>44693172
Make him play you a song whenever he uses it.
Please.
>>
I rember a game where someone got a dagger that allowed them to see a random memory of their opponent with every stab.
Prople could actually go insane from this.
>>
>>44714657
I wouldn't have to make him do it, hell I'd have trouble stopping him
that's what I'm afraid of
>>
File: 1435694084570.jpg (101KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1435694084570.jpg
101KB, 900x900px
My GM absolutely loves artefacts and always come up with cool shit. In the last three campaigns that I've played with him we've got:
>A lesser ring of Apimancy, that allowed it's wielder to control a small number of bees
>Some strange ring which, wenever we came across a skull, made it's wielder believe that that skull was talking to him. The skull is extremely annoying and may insult/dare the player but is never agressive. When multiple skulls are uncountered, the skull tries to talk to the wielder about it's large family. Troll skulls have a deeper voice.
And yes, the DM was doing all the skulls himself. This didn't work on skulls that were still attached to a body for some reason.
>A staff that turns door into people. Turns out doors are really stupid, and don't really have clothes
>A helmet that boosts perception ? It only really enlarge people's ears and make them loose charisma, with little benefit. Of course it's permanent ! (and hard to get rid of)
>>
Was playing in a high-mortality system where armor and shields played a huge role in whether you were gonna die or live. However, I have a major boner for two-handed weapons and I was essentially the "tank" for the group so my GM came up with a cool weapon for me.

A shard of a living elemental of fire fastened onto a handle, blackened with ash and was more blunt than sharp. If you touched it, it would feel like touching hot metal that's been under the sun too long. Sounds mundane if it's just that, the real treat was that mechanically it functioned like a flashbang sword. If I made the sword hit something the wrong way it'd release a flash, puff of ash, and a small explosion.

TLDR
>am the group tank
>dislike shields
>GM compromises with me
>gives me a flashbang sword that burns people when I stab them
>character develops a style that only works with the sword
>I make unsuspecting enemies attack me just so I can block flashbang them

All in all probably one of my most favorite magic weapons to date.
>>
>>44715132
>When your GM derails the plot more than the rest of the players
I love this guy
>>
>>44691199
wat gam
>>
>>44690250
The Lexicon was a macguffin of world destroying plottiness. Everyone thought it was a two thousand year old library compressed into a hand sized cube. Within it was all the secrets of nature and magic and potentially relics from previous world cycles. It was actually a five dimensional hypercube prison for the bastard child of Mephistopholes and Laplace's Demon and any amount of tampering with it to learn secrets from him was very likely how he would rules lawyer himself out of the cube and back into reality, where'd he'd have enough power to slaughter the God's wholesale and destroy the world.

Also, entering the cube means physically moving through time, so if you get lost there's no telling when you'll escape the cube, if you escape it at all.

Oh, and it was hidden in the belly of the Leviathan that was so old that it's body had become naturally impenetrable to magic due to bioaccumulation over two thousand years. So it couldn't be scryed, divined, or teleported out. Only way to get it was to kill a sea monster literally miles long and dig through it's body till you found it, having to fight all the parasites infesting its flesh as you went. The only reasonable way to kill it was to wait for the red tide, where it would come in to the shallows to feed, and have an entire fleet harpoon it and drag it back into the shallows, while trying to fend off the hurricane the god of storms immediately summoned to protect the damn beast.

Shit was metal as fuck
>>
>>44715194
>flashbang
>with the bang
>as in small explosion
>both hands are on the sword

Either your tank wore earmuffs constantly and therefore combat communication via spoken word was impossible for him, or it was one really deaf tank and see above.
>>
>>44690277
Giant waning sticks?
>>
>>44707006
Sounds to me more like a really clever way for a GM to say "No, we are not going to spend 3 hours arguing over which murders are morally acceptable. Your sword is enchanted and tells you if you're going to fuck up. It's your choice what to do from there."
>>
>>44690651
Wow spoilers, I'm not that far yet...
>>
>>44715704
OP from the enchanted sword here: I also think it was a really neat idea.
>>
File: Nanomachines,_son.png (1MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Nanomachines,_son.png
1MB, 1360x768px
>>44702289
>>
>>44712098
And android.
Some (see Chrono Cross) were p. shit me hanically, but they got better in with each release, usually
>>
File: MagicItemsScreencap.png (616KB, 1896x2588px) Image search: [Google]
MagicItemsScreencap.png
616KB, 1896x2588px
I liked this thread so I made a screencap of the really good posts.
>>
>>44715708
It's not a spoiler, don't worry.
>>
I've been thinking about making a pretty complicated magical item.

A phalerae is a bunch of leather straps with metal disks, called falere, on them. I figure it can be worn easily over armor, and when a certain magical medallion is put on the leather straps, the character gets some specific skill or power based on the hero the metal disk has on it. Both the leather straps and medals are useless on their own, and need to be combined to get the effect. But they won't know which falere are harmful or helpful until they put them on - and they could combine effects of multiple medallions if they felt it useful.
>>
>>44692545
Yeah, no, identical effects overlap instead of stacking. You get no -additional- bonus from wearing two items that grant the same type of bonus, not -no bonus at all-.

>>44692645
>they make a new effect
This sounds interesting. I'm assuming a table is involved. What were some of the effects available?
>>
Once I was DMing a pathfinder module; arctic adventure, abandoned city made by eldritch abominations and populated by cyborg-zombies. I decided to throw them a curve ball/power-up.

I added what seemed to be a torture chamber into the official dungeon. As the party walked through it, they noted a light on the wall. When they touched it, 6 panels in the wall opened up containing glass tubes. One of them contained a mechanical arm, another something that could be identified as a mechanical segment from a spine, a pair of metal jawbone, and the last three contained a pair of organic eyes, a human heart, and a small cylinder of grayish meat.
As they approached each panel, one of the "torture devices" was lit up by a blue spotlight. The look on the parties as they realized this was a surgery room to add cybernetics was well worth it. I had them find a corpse with they eyepiece, and the system proved to be still functional as it retrieved the cybernetic from the corpse. The party, torn between revulsion at the horrific ramifications of this discovery and the player's desire for stat boosts, eventually decided to all undergo a procedure.

The samurai took the arm. I had it grant him +2 Str bonus and it was treated as a staff filled with a selection of force spells.

The ninja took the spine, which I treated as a weapon of legacy. It granted a combo of Dex boosts and Con related immunities. (nausea, stun, etc.)

The Wizard (crazy bastard) went for both the jaw and the eyes. The party was a little freaked out by that. The jaw granted a bite and spit attack that dealt a type of poison damage, if either killed the target, the target would dissolve into pure force energy and be sucked in, unlocking further abilities. Also, immunity to airborn poisons. They eyes granted a suite of Detect spells, much like the Predator's vision, but all the command icons were written in Aklo, which the wizard had never learned.

The players loved it.
>>
File: 1446932441701.jpg (57KB, 456x619px) Image search: [Google]
1446932441701.jpg
57KB, 456x619px
>>44717657
>but all the command icons were written in Aklo, which the wizard had never learned.
Pfft
>>
>>44717657
You seem to be a pretty good DM, adding cool stuff like that to a module.

Give players a bit of something for their character, and I think they like their character more. I loved my paladin and his greatsword of cleave.
>>
>>44690250
>no tang
>weakest part of the female body supporting entire weight of the blade

That bitch better have arms of steel.
>>
>>44719223
Considering that her legs are making up the blade, it's entirely possible.
>>
>>44719223
it depends, is it a steel sword?
>>
>>44690651
Actually have this in our magical girl campaign.
Alongside our Henshin wands, we were all given a magical artefact as well. Two crystals and a staff for three of us, while the two combat focused girls got a sword each that our DM called Soul Swords.
Straight away one of the two players for these two asked if she meant like the Sword of Dios.
Our DM hasn't seen Utena and just replies with 'yeah, why not'.

Now most the time they wish to use the swords the two players mime the summoning sequence from Utena.
>>
>>44719742
Looks like it
>>
>>44691658

How often were you using it to stab poor people? and why?
>>
>>44715639
I remember you from that thread last summer about that. Nice to know our suggestions helped
>>
>>44724246

>not stabbing poor people

No different than killing vermin.
>>
Boots that increase your strength as you walk more, but stops working when you stop walking.
>>
A ring that let us travel to alternate dimensions
we used it to gather our PCs from previous campaigns to do battle with the BBEG and his ultimate army
>>
Sharp sphere.

It's a perfectly round 20 cm diameter steel ball, but its entire surface is a cutting edge.
>>
File: evilCrown.jpg (17KB, 400x290px) Image search: [Google]
evilCrown.jpg
17KB, 400x290px
>>44690250
The most unique I've personally gotten was an intelligent crown. It removed the control limit and component cost of the Animate Dead spell for the wearer. Also the wearer could allow the crown to drain D6 HP to cast Animate Dead as an supernatural ability.

The drawback:
It was an asshole that was constantly using suggestion on the wearer for it's evil purpose.
After using and talking to the crown I later found out it had long forgotten it's purpose and just did what it thought it was supposed to do. We became friends later on, at which point it stopped using suggestions on me .
>>
>>44690250
A ring that once per day might show me what I ask it to.

It's sort of like that Harry Potter mirror, only sometimes wrong. Thing is, it always shows me something that actually exists. So sometimes even when I know it's only sorta close to what I asked it's actually more helpful.
>>
>>44717657
What module was it?
>>
>>44707006
>Use a different scabbard.
Could the sword just work in, you know, any scabbard? He never said the scabbard was also enchanted.
>>
>>44725152
underrated.

>how use?
>>
>>44726290
The enchantment works on any scabbard, as long as it's the paladin who uses the sword.
>>
>>44726951
Attach it to the end of a flail.
>>
>>44712136
I take offense to that, Locke doesn't steal anything. He "treasure hunted" those chests.
>>
>>44707006
>Use a different scabbard.
You could just beat someone with the scabbard, if the sword's stuck in it the hilt would make a great handle
>>
>>44690250
A katana that could wake the dead if stabbed into them. It could be used to either let the ghost contained in the blade use the body as a vessel (though corpses could resist the ghost's attempts at controlling the corpse) or just wake up the corpse from it's slumber. It was pretty useful for gathering information. The sword could also give a bonus to interrogations if it were stabbed into a living person, sort of like a painful Jedi mind trick. After our warrior had stabbed it into an ogre we had just killed and it proceeded to attack us again we learned not to wake up potentially hostile corpses unless they were restrained or if the body was too damaged to function. To truly stop it, aside from chopping off all them limbs and effectively making it harmless, was to dislodge the sword (reanimated corpses couldn't remove the sword on their own though), or if it were possessed by the sword ghost (who could draw the sword from the body and use it for a weapon) you'd have to break physical contact with the sword.

The owner of the sword could speak to the ghost in the blade, and yes it was a babe.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 800x353px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 800x353px
>Sword of Loki
Basically Wabajack in sword form. Every swing causes a random event. Gave my character syphalis and killed some bandits by slicing a hole in the earth. Was found firmly lodged in some poor sods anus, in the middle of the forest.
>No-twang
A stringless bow that can't be strung, but if you pretend to shoot someone they'll be entirely convinced they've been shot with an arrow, despite having never been damaged.
>Thunk
A blackjack that made random noises when swung, from bow shot noises to chicken clucks.
>Burning man's loop
A ring that set you on fire, it wouldn't actually damage you but you still felt pain from the fire. Said ring was found on a screaming burning man that couldn't be put out.
>Miscount Bombs
A bag of highly explosive bombs, each one had a random timer, they could last hours or seconds after being activated. The bombs would also replenish.
>>
>>44728582
I did do that once. Not to death, only to unconsciousness.
>>
>>44725444
Or so you think.
>>
File: Artefacts.png (679KB, 1896x2588px) Image search: [Google]
Artefacts.png
679KB, 1896x2588px
>>44716889
Here, just figured it looked better like this
>>
A sword of disspell, didn't work on auras though. But it still felt good Chopping fireballs in half
>>
>>44730288
>Not chopping fireballs in half with sheer strength and skill
stay pleb
>>
>>44730288
That actually sounds pretty awesome, although I get the feeling my players would hit each other with it to dispell negative effects.
>>
>>44730281
mine is better but I wont post it.
>>
>>44730424
You could just tell them the sword considers negative effects to be auras as well.
>>
>>44693307
I so would have given this guy a title after the third one, "He is Goldenhelm, the Giantfucker"
>>
>>44690376
...Dr Bright?
>>
>>44730833
because ? Are you afraid of people reposting it in reddit or some shit like that ?
>>
>>44732845
They're mocking that anon for trying to one-up the first anon.
Because screenshot quality matters so much past readability.
>>
>>44690509
This pic is not related in the slightest, fuck off to /e/
>>
>>44734720
It showed a pose
>>
>>44733393
anon who made the original; i almost made the /tg/ logo bigger but i didn't like how blurry it got. i just tried to make it readable and somewhat pleasing to the eye
>>
>>44705524
This seems like a classic wizard artifact
>>
>>44691086
Rum is the power,
Rum is the key
Rum is the thing that will set us free!
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.