[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why still play the tabletop when this comes out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: warhammer.jpg (113KB, 869x489px) Image search: [Google]
warhammer.jpg
113KB, 869x489px
Why still play the tabletop when this comes out?
>>
No Tomb Kings, for one.
>>
>>44689075
Also no Skaven.
>>
>>44689044
Because it's only going to have five armies at first, and even then they will only have part of their rosters done. I don't blame CA for this because the Warhammer universe is fairly large, but we will certainly still have a place for 8th edition, 9th Age, and Age of Sigmar when it comes out.
>>
>>44689044
Because no sigmarines.
>>
>>44689044
Because the tabletop will, even without official support, have the benefit of being a social activity, which makes it infinitely more varied than a Total War game.
>>
Not tyranids. Also, I've got starcraft instead.
>>
>>44689121
you can still play it with a friend.
>>
>>44689044
No mod support

>and we already have a better CK2 mod to play Warhammer with
>>
>>44689044
because no modding support
>>
>>44689044
Because I'm not only a gamer, but also a hobbyist. There is no hobby side to this game.I'll pay it some, get through the campaign, and go back to table top wargaming
>>
>>44689106
What are the five armies?
>>
>>44691250
If I recall right i think its Empire, Chaos, Orkz, Vampires and Brittons.
>>
>>44691250
Empire, Orcs, Vampire Counts, Dwarves and Chaos as pre-order DLC.
>>
Well for a start, that particular version of the setting is dead now isn't it?
>>
>>44690430
>and we already have a better CK2 mod to play Warhammer with

It lags so extreme, it is unplayable.
>>
>>44692008
Nah, its vamps, dwarfs, empire and chaos. Chaos is day one DLC too.
>>
>>44692036
Warhammer lives
>>
>>44689092
>Also no Skaven.
Good. I'm sick of games with skaven.

>>44689115
>no sigmarines
Good. I'm starting to get interested in the game now.
>>
>>44692036
AoS is way more dead as a setting than WFB.
>>
>>44689044

Because I like playing with toy soldiers.
>>
>>44689044
For social interaction with friends.
>>
Because I don't like Warhammer.
>>
They said they aim to add "the major 16 faction"

So maybe Kislev or Chaos Dwarfs as playable, who knows?
>>
>>44689044
If you need to be told why, then tabletop is not for you.
>>
no one plays fantasy battle anymore we all play age of sigmar now
>>
>>44689044
Why play d&d when Baldur's Gate exists ?
Why play 40k when DoW exists ?
Why play Shadowrun when the games exist ?

Because it's fun.
>>
>>44689044
Why not do both ?
>>
>>44695107
here's your reply
>>
>>44689044
I don't remember people asking that about 40k when Dawn of War came out.
>>
>>44689044
Because GW wishes they could outjew Sega and CA.
>>
Well you literally can't because they killed it and replaced it with age of sigmar.
>>
File: skinks_of_sotek_rough_3.jpg (212KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
skinks_of_sotek_rough_3.jpg
212KB, 1600x1600px
>>44695309
Its not like they tracked down and burned all the rulebook. But it is hard to keep interest up for a dead game sadly.
>>
No lizardmen.
>>
>>44692036
>Well for a start, that particular version of the setting is dead now isn't it?
so is actual history, there are still games set in those times
>>
Because in a computer game I can never see the whole board in a significant scale.
>>
have you ever played a CA game op? Really?
>>
File: 1367277731697.jpg (67KB, 537x600px) Image search: [Google]
1367277731697.jpg
67KB, 537x600px
>>44689044
I like painting and the entire hobby thing. Is this supposed to be some kind of low grade bait?
>>
>>44695638
>Its not like they tracked down and burned all the rulebook

not yet. Apparently they're putting teams together to deal with that.
>>
>>44692008
Spot the 40k player.
>>
>>44695638
>But it is hard to keep interest up for a dead game sadly.

Welcome to /tg/, there's a Battletech General just around the corner.
>>
>>44689121
Actually total-war games are some of the funnest to play co-op or vs.

You can't really play them with randomers because of the way turns work, but with friends over skype it's probably the most fun i've had doing co-op
>>
>>44693805
knowing CA they will probably add every possible playable faction as DLC as they like to make money.

This kind of ethos leads to shit like Chaos as day 1 dlc, but if the end result is Chaos Dwarfs as dlc I don't mind it as much desu.
>>
>>44689106
>but we will certainly still have a place for 8th edition, 9th Age, and Age of Sigmar when it comes out.
No room for 6th edition? I mean now that all the gameist editions are unsupported, may as well switch to the one that worked the best as a game.
>>
>>44689075
this

if i can't be a spooky mummy lich that controls armies of undead, then it is not fun
>>
>>44697758
Didn't they say they're doing some sort of trilogy thing? If they're smart they'll do four new factions a game with one dlc each. But lets be honest they're going to be the greediest dicks possible.
>>
>>44697683
I meant more that the social context itself adds something which only a game can't emulate. Playing Scrabble with friends is different from playing Scrabble online.
>>
>>44700271
Yes. Three games whose maps automatically connect to each other depending on which ones you own.

ULTHUAN FUCKING WHEN CA?
>>
>>44700271
I'm hoping Lizardmen and Tomb Kings will come in one pack so I don't have to worry about anything else.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.