[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 18

Connecting to Shadowlands BBS...
>Verifying Biometrics...
>Identity Verified...
>Opening /srg/...

Books:
http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr

Chummer 5:
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest
>>
>>44651342
Old thread.
>>
Stupid question for SR5:
Does Availability stack for things without a + in front of it when you combine them?
Scenario in Question: I Want an Helmet [Availability 2] with a Sensor (Camera) [Availability 5] with Thermovision [Availability +6] and Magnification [Availability +2], giving the Camera a combined Availability of 13.
Now, does the Helmet with the Camera have a Availability of 13 or 15 ?
>>
>>44685050
The way i understand it, it for one doesn't stack.
Which means that your helmet is easier to get than the sensor camera for it.
>>
>>44685050
I thought it did stack.
A helmet is easy to get. A camera is easy to get.
You can combine them if you have the skill, or a helmet with a camera already in it is harder to get. Not necessarily because it's a difficult thing to do, but there's a lot less demand for any particular combination of combined devices and so there's a lot less stock and they are less available.
>>
>>44685205
But if you can get them as a bundle, why not just get them separately and if you lack the skill to combine them. Just take them to the nearest guy who can.
>>
>>44685205
>>44685230
Actually, I think that particular example doesn't quite work.

If it has a straight number for availability, it doesn't stack. It's a separate thing.

If it's + before the availability, that stacks with the base item

The helmet has its own availability rating
A single function sensor has availability 5, but simple cameras have no availability, so you start at 0
Thermo and magnification enhancements are +8 for a total availability on the camera of 8

So you have helmet (2) and camera (8)

I'd say you can buy a helmet with a camera in it with those enhancements at 8 availability
>>
>>44685337
Also it'd cost 1050¥

100¥ helmet
200¥ camera
500¥ thermo enhancement
250¥ magnification enhancement
>>
Yo, why did north Italy get rekt in the Euro Wars (reading Feral Cities); wouldn't the obvious Russian invasion routes to western Europe all be through Germany? And furthermore, if it was prompted by the loss of Russia's far eastern resources, wouldn't it make more sense to invade southward into the Middle East?
>>
>>44685337
So you don't have to add the Availability of the Enhancements to the Sensor itself , but to the Sensor Function (In this Case the Camera)?
(Meaning you don't have Availability 5 +6 +2 but 0 +6 +2)
>>
>>44685671
You'd start at 5 if it was a geiger counter or something, but I don't think there's any enhancements to those that would be much use.
Cameras are listed under optical & imaging devices pg 444 as - availability, so you wouldn't have to start at 5 for that.
If you wanted a sensor array, with enhancements to the camera in that it would 7+ whatever you add.
>>
>>44685671
>>44685741
Or in other words, yes you do have to add it to the sensor, but cameras are 0, not 5
>>
>>44683961
I have a question about the setting. It's intended to be dystopian, right? Plagues, SIN-marked citizens, evil megacorps and dragons controlling everything, wage-slaves.

And maybe it was considered pessimistic by 1989 standards.

But when I played the videogames recently I found the future presented to be pretty freaking optimistic.
In 2078 humanity is still there, dealing with things. We still have high technologies and not everyone is dying of suffocation/cancer/starvation due to climate change. I mean that's a huge win right there. We still have abundant energy sources, the social order has not collapsed, it's pretty much the same as in 2016 with amoral transcorporations and corrupt governements sharing power. And the SIN/CCTV surveillance apparatus seems actually less invasive than our current spying techniques.

So what do you think? Am I missing something, or was Shadowrun overshadowed in its dystopia by real world trends?
>>
>>44685810
The way I see it is that sure, there's better tech and all that. But the difference between rich and poor is even wider.
It's a pretty good life if you have the money and you're not dead. Otherwise your living in worse conditions, working harder, with shittier food and a dirtier world.
>>
>>44685845
So, Mexico? That's where I live, and Shadowrun honestly seems like a better world.
>>
>>44685810
Yeah, I think its better. Give me a sleep regulator and a decent commlink and I'm set
>>
File: is0bel.png (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
is0bel.png
1MB, 1200x1200px
>>44685967
Plus, cute fantasy girls.
>>
>>44686019
Don't forget cute elf boys!
>>
post moar sexy shadowrunners
>>
>>44685845
>>44685937

Detroit's also decidedly improved.
>>
>>44685845
>working harder
That's one thing i am wondering: What does the average Wageslave actually do? At what are Meta Humans actually better than machines in the Sixth World?
>>
>>44686279
Thinking? IA seems really underdevelopped. Also machines need costly components, electricity and maintenance while meta humans only need food and some sleep.
>>
>>44685640
Italy got rekt because Italy doesn't know how to not get rekt
>>
>>44686279
I always picture the giant megacorps as being incredibly inefficient and bureaucratic. So I always think wageslaves fill out spreadsheets, or delete ones someone else filled, or fill out TPS reports. Everything needs to be filled and signed in triplicate.
>>
>>44686375
Mhh, maybe, but still, this would only need a fraction of the People

>>44686415
I can image it, people in grey suits going to work in the Bureau of Redundancy Bureau, Redundancy Office...
>>
>>44686454
I don't think automation is very advanced is the Shadowrun universe. Realistically their level of drone and computer tech should correlate to huge technological unemployment.
>>
>>44686454
Yeah, just imagine how much paperwork all the requests for funding, new employees, new research must take. A gigantic chain of command, with things taking forever to complete. A thousand-strong office full of administrators, project managers, account managers, HR managers, all of them achieving practically nothing but moving papers from one desk to another.
>>
Is there a dump for 4e book pdfs? I'm not having much luck searching.
>>
>>44686279
Core page 18
>>
>>44686578
in the OP
>>
>>44686496
I assume Deus has something to do with it. Don't want to give robots too much control after nearly 100,000 people get murdered
>>
My group wants to get into Shadowrun. Is there any website that has all the official information and options for stuff like Pathfinder does?
>>
File: 1451660191957.jpg (16KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1451660191957.jpg
16KB, 250x250px
Making a Phys Ad stealth/melee based character for my first PC. Am I going to get shot to death immediately?
>>
>>44686917

Not really, as long as you play smart.

Stick to cover and use that stealth of yours. People can't shoot what they can't see.

Don't charge across an open football field against a gunline and you'll be alright.
>>
>>44686917
It depends on your powers and skills. You might consider subbing into throwing things for some range.

Like tomahawks or boomerangs.
>>
>>44686917
Not if you invest in high evading pools, which synchs with your core build.
>>
>>44686917
Get decent armour and you'll only end up unconscious.

Get a good defence and it will be hard to hit you, which will make you end up unconscious that much later.
>>
>>44686945
Imp. Reflexes III, Astral Perception, Str+Agi boost I, and one rank each for dodge and armor.

And I did get some throwing knives and knockout poison. Figured it'd be good for stealth.
>>
Hi guys, can anybody share Hong Kong backer goodies, that is Digital Map and Panorama Poster Rewards that were released back in December? Thanks in advance!
>>
>>44687046
You could probably drop the Mystic Armor for more of something else. I see it as more of a Qi Focus/Way power than a standard one.

But this is mostly because you can get a good level of armor (note good, not great) pretty cheaply and have a few sets of armored clothing if you want to be about as inconspicuous as possible.

Is the Astral Perception to help a friend alchemit, or just to see in Astral?
>>
>>44687103
I took it mostly incase no-one else makes a mage.
>>
>>44686826
Chummer lets you build but if you want to do reading you'll need books
>>
>>44687153
Ah. If it were a bit less expensive (karma and money both) I'd say get a Qi Focus for it.
>>
>>44685810

I said this one time and someone yelled at me.
>>
>>44687431
But it's true, isn't it? Shadowrun is not really paranoid or pessimistic enough to qualify as dystopian nowadays.
>>
>>44687516

At this point it's more like satirical
>>
>>44687528
What is it satirizing?
>>
>>44687551

The modern world. Corporate capitalism. All the usual stuff.
>>
>>44685810
>>44687516

Well, it is and it isn't. The Corps in Shadowrun are in most ways a lot worse than they are in the real world. The things they do and get away with are above and beyond the shit that happens in our world.
Also in our world as a whole, there are less poor people than there used to be and more people are going without hunger.

On the other hand, the outlook for the environment improving is a win for Shadowrun. Sure you have huge awakened storms and shit but in a lot of areas there's a huge active struggle to protect nature. Look at South America, Amazon nation. Even nature itself is fighting back with awakened animals and shit.

Far as I see it, People might still survive for a while more in our world - but nature is defo gonna look a lot different.
>>
>>44687516
well central europa and north america seem to have a lot more slums and crime than nowadays, but all the "lesser developed" countries seem to be actually nicer in sr.Exept for some intentionally over the top stuff (like paulaner buying all breweries in munich) its almost frightingly realistic
>>
>>44687619
>The things they do and get away with are above and beyond the shit that happens in our world
Really? Look up the Exxon scandal. They're knowingly destroying the biosphere while trying to convince everyone that it's fine.
>>
>>44687712
Sure but that's just one example. You feel it weighs heavier because of it's actually happening in the real world. In the world of Shadowrun thing like that are happening all the time and no one bats and eye. People become desensitized to it.

You also have sports such as Urban Brawl and the Desert Wars where people die all the time and it's seen as normal.
>>
Hey guys, is there any way in 5e (aside from being a Troll) to get extra melee reach?
I've got my character a nice, simple Chain... but it's reach is only 2 meters. I'd like to get at least 3-4 out of it, if possible, since the intent of the thing is as a melee weapon to use while on a motorcycle... but so far, this GM has been very hostile to creative custom ideas, so I'm looking for a way to justify it under the rules as written.
Any ideas?
>>
>>44687952
There's almost certainly some kind of cyber-arm upgrade that can give you longer arms.
>>
>>44688011
There is, you can gain up to two points of reach... at the cost of 2 points of effective strength for each point gained, which makes it a quite bad melee option.
>>
Alright fa/tg/uys, I've seen a lot of "new GM, what do" type questions in these threads, so I'm gonna make a document just for that. Not how to treat mechanics, but how to get run ideas, how to spread time between characters, use contacts, what the matrix looks like, etc. What are some questions I should make sure to answer?
>>
>>44688203
It does depend a bit on weapons and reason for wanting reach.

But in the case of the guy that asked, yeah. An extra die (effectively, in most cases) isn't worth that cost.
>>
>>44688258
How do I make sure when I go between the three worlds (matrix, physical, astral) I don't exclude other players? When the decker is in the matrix battling shit, how do I keep the street sam engaged? Similarly, when the mage is flying about doing his astral stuff, how do I keep the non-astral part of the group engaged?
>>
Can you wear Armor Clothing under Armor Jackets?
>>
>>44688827
Yeah but it doesn't stack
>>
Can you default on a skill where your attribute is 1 if you have positive mods to the dice pool?
>>
File: Punisher_War_journal.jpg (408KB, 936x1386px) Image search: [Google]
Punisher_War_journal.jpg
408KB, 936x1386px
Is Frank at the level every Runner should aspire to be?
>>
>>44688611
For the Astral, keep in mind that with the exception of spying type stuff, it'll either need to become material or has something physical to interact with. So if it's just privacy, have 'em burn some reagents, make a temporary lodge and have some privacy (or go dual natured and put down a barrier in the Astral). If it's a spirit of, say, man that got sicced on the mage after a failed bit of recon, suggest that the mage run back to his body and when the spirit follows, it becomes material and the whole gang can join in.

For the matrix, it depends on if the goal is matrix-primary (say doctoring some files to implicate somebody else) or if it's physical-primary (say you're in combat or a race).

For matrix-primary stuff give 'em a reason to go and get a direct connection. Perhaps there's a bored security decker milking a paycheck and while the security's not at the PC's level (unless the job is against some place really swank), but it means getting some early heat or risking quicker response if something does go wrong.

If it's physical primary, be a bit liberal with results from Control Device rolls. Let 'em scare a small penalty onto some gangers by keeping the horn of the car they're using as cover at full blast (and then cut the penalty because it's just noise). Let 'em find something a bit important and try to brick it or Format the boot process and reboot the thing. (This one's more for enemy riggers/deckers or mid-rank enemies. A common gangbanger can have his gear taken out this way, but encourage more lateral thinking because those guys are trash and why affect one when you can affect more?)
>>
>>44688011
>>44688203
>>44688324
Well, I'm also rolling an Adept, so...

Also, is the Chummer dev here?
The Restricted Gear quality appears to be broken again.
Anyone know what the flag is in the chum5 file for ignoring character creation rules so I can actually complete this character?
>>
>>44689147
Well, you could take Adept Spell, take one of the ways to make an ice slick (which includes a damaging spell) and get a few ranks in Spellcasting to make others have to make control rolls to not wipe out.

But that's a bit expensive in other ways. And hits you with physical drain.

On the other hand, Adepts usually look longing at bits of cyber and bio and have to decide if it's worth it. Sometimes it is.
>>
>>44689210
For this particular character concept, I'm avoiding it because I'm aiming for a high-concept build.
Basically, the character is intentionally going for a motif, so it's a collapsible scythe and a chain whip for primary weapons, with the former being for on the ground and the latter for while riding the totally sweet motorcycle.
>>
Is medkit rating the same as the medkit's device rating?
>>
>>44690160
Yes.
>>
>>44690273
So a rating 6 medkit is about the same tech level as a space shuttle? Damn
>>
>>44690299
Just a really good medkit.
>>
>>44690299
Device rating isn't tech-level.
>>
>>44690160
no. They all having like device rating 2 or 3.
>>
>>44690468
>>44690273
Which one is it then?
>>
>>44690526
If you go by page 421 >>44690468 is right. Use the table unless something says that it has a different device rating.

(So it could be possible to have a rating 2 medkit with a Device Rating of 4 or 5 if you stole some kind of prototype whose advanced features don't involve it being a better medkit.)
>>
>>44690635
So are the only things that are exceptions cyberdecks and commlinks?
>>
>>44690675
Those have an explicit device rating, as do a couple of other items (stealth tags, for instance).
>>
>>44690675
There's also RCCs, some drones (as a generic term covering both rigger adapted vehicles and actual drones), and IIRC, some AI related stuff.

Possibly also stuff like a separated Puzzler, but you could joke about that being garage-made gear.
>>
After a sustained spell has been cast, do I get any other opportunity to resist it?
>>
>>44690953
It depends on the spell. But as a general thing it's the first time you'd be affected by it.
>>
>>44686496
Not really. It's heavily implied that given the much lower labour cost a lot of corps just stopped making robots. Also there is more services than in our world.
>>
Does anyone have some images of Cyberwear, Limbs, etc they can dump? I'm looking for pieces not attached to people.
>>
Group of retards want to start playing this.
Which edition should we go for?
We've only ever played Pathfinder before.
Thanks boys.
>>
>>44691394
If you have that much contempt for your players you should probably stick with pf.
>>
>>44691419
I'm a player not the GM m8 calm down.
>>
I manage to take a photo of the Johnson. How would I match his face to stuff online (what skill checks)?
>>
>>44691394
4e is prefect for you
>>
>>44691433
Make a matrix search?

I mean, for what purpose are you looking?
>>
>>44691483
Well, Johnsons are usually pretty anonymous. The more information you get on them, the more leverage you can have later.
>>
>>44690419
Yes it is, there was a scale given (which doesn't make that much sense)
>>
>>44691929
There's a scale, but it's not about tech level. Unless you want to say that an armored car is more advanced than most other cars, as opposed to just better/more expensively secured. And 'ware grades (as a general thing) are less about being more advanced than being better fit for the subject.

>>44691518
You do know how bad an idea this sounds like, right?
>>
>>44692080
Depends who your Johnson is and how much power he has himself. If you're dealing with some AAA corp dude, then even matrix searching him is a bad idea, if it's just some local connection then shoot him and leave his body in an alley and you wouldn't be at too much of a risk.
>>
>>44685810
>>44687619
>>44687712
I feel like people forget how messed up the environment of the sixth world is. Target: Wastelands says it best - "We've run out of places to dump our waste."

There was a period of time where corporations could dump where ever they wanted, and they did. Sometimes they even built housing, parks, playgrounds, etc over the top. Now they're limited to places where it won't leak outside of their territory, but there is still way too much leaking going on. Outside of a few jealously guarded corporate or private reserves, everything is affected by pollution to some degree. Radical ecoterrorists exist because they see no alternatives and have no real hope for salvaging what remains. GM soy is the main food source because it survives. Most of America is empty ghost towns due to magic / pollution / disease, and the population centres that remain are far from being bastions of ecological balance.
>>
>>44692109
You'd only be at risk of people finding out that you shoot Johnsons.

Id say finding out as much as you can is a good idea. But letting anyone know what you've found out (unless you get betrayed) is a bad idea.
Insurance not leverage.
>>
Is there any reason to play the older editions?

I really like the concept of Wired decking and the fluff of the first two editions, but everywhere I read about it, people say decking in the first three editions is terribly slow and almost always ruins the pace of the session, while the rest of the party waits for over half an hour until the decker has finished doing his thing.
>>
>>44692192
There are books for 2050 Shadowrun for 4th Edition. If you're a 5e kind of anon, you can always port it to 5e or just use it for flavor/ideas.
>>
>>44690299
>>44690635
Page 421 is for GMs to give devices stats when they don't have them.
Medkits don't need to be given a DR, as they already have it.
>>
>>44692192
It is slow. The fastest I've seen it is in the Genesis game, and that's a drecking console game.

Also, as you go back, you find more jank and (usually unnecessary) math. But also some funny stuff like the suicide-proof troll.
>>
>>44692216
Or, if you read German, you can use the 5e stats in the German 2050 book.
>>
>>44692230
>funny stuff like the suicide-proof troll.
Elaborate please
>>
>>44692236

Woah, that's official? Will it ever be released in English?
>>
>>44692267
Hopefully, but I wouldn't count on it too much.
>>
>>44692216

Does 4e run well with the 2050 book? How did they deal with the wired hacking? I thought wireless was a big part of 4e, even bigger than in 5th.
>>
>>44692257
The exact details depend on edition, but it was possible to build a troll that was tough enough to never take physical damage from a handgun to tough enough to not take physical damage from anything that's basically not artillery or high explosives.

So thus you had trolls that couldn't shoot themselves to death, and a few that couldn't even kill themselves with a grenade if they weren't in a reinforced closet.
>>
>>44692386
So i doubt that it works in 5th e.
>>
>>44692415
You can certainly make a stupidly tough troll, and one that probably requires spells or excessive power to take down.

And in a way, that's almost the same.
>>
How much information would be given by the fixer about a job? If I got a message about a job, what would it say?
>>
File: 1382669494148.png (2KB, 213x165px) Image search: [Google]
1382669494148.png
2KB, 213x165px
So I have my players having offed two russian mafia LTs and set off a dimensional bomb at one of the strip clubs run by the ruskies in a mob turf war with the yaks.
Any good ideas of what else to have them do for a few sessions until they off the local head?
I was thinking maybe a police raid on them from some unit bought by the russians or maybe the yaks sponsor a trip for them and there's some political intrigue there.
>>
>>44692457
How well do you know the fixer? At minimum, you've probably got what kind of job it is.

If they like you or at least know you, you might also know if it's against a target you hate, for a cause you like, etc, etc, because they're looking for their cut and think you're more likely to agree if you have an extra stake in the matter.
>>
>>44686496
>should correlate to huge technological unemployment
If you make a drone that will do a large-employment job cost half what it used to, the same people now unemployed will grudgingly accept that job at a 1/3 of their previous rate if its all they can do.

Hence, hungry metas are cheaper than drones.
>>
So is Hero Lab at all worth it for SR5e, assuming I could get it on sale?
>>
What echoes are worth taking as a technomancer in 5th
>>
>>44693295
Well, given that taking a technomancer at all isn't worth doing in 5th...
>>
>>44693295
It depends on what kind of technomancer you are.

A decker-type is a hard build and has different wants than a rigger-type, and both are different from a sprite-wrangler.
>>
>>44692230

Could a solo game of Shadowrun work? Or is SR too reliant on team dynamics?

A single player playing a decker, something like the SNES game but in tabletop.
>>
>>44694532
It could work, but you would probably want fairly specialised runs, and / or a much higher starting karma.
>>
>>44694532
Solo can work, but you'll definitely want to have a grasp on the system, allow hiring helpful NPCs if you don't buff up the char-gen or tailor scenarios well, and definitely map out those matrix sections well.
>>
>>44694532
Completely solo? Eh... probably. But he does hire people to help him out, like the genesis game.
>>
>>44694532
Try doing Sum to 20 or something. Should give you a character that is a little better than your average runner, and they might be able to cover another role a little. Or you could just do regular chargen and give him 20 extra karma or so. Either way would work.
>>
I've just finished DMing a SR weekend. I'm dead inside but it was fucking perfect.

>>44694532
Decker/infiltrator could be definitely good.
>>
>>44694785
>Sum to 20
So As in everything?
>>
>>44694720
>>44694615
>>44694596
>>44694785

Yeah, I'm thinking he'd be able to assemble his own NPC runner team, and he'd do more specialized runs. I could either give him higher starting Karma, or make his first few runs really simple.
>>
>>44694797
Anything from the session(s) still pop out as awesome for you?
>>
>>44694840
They did go full terrorist on a S-K tower to retrieve a commlink belonging to the mage's waifu (for free) and they did crashed a plane - with no survivors.
>>
>>44694929
Story please.
>>
You know, I think I should open up a text file and get to work on a guide on how to make a decker-type technomancer because it's super counter-intuitive and is harder to do than the rigger-type.

And a rigger-technomancer technically requires two Echoes to do what a normal rigger does.
>>
>>44695190
You could always make a text file on different kinda technos for ideas and bases to build on.
>>
>>44695247
Might do both at once.

Here's the (near) start for decker-types: "The first counter-intuitive choice you're going to make is Resonance as a B or C choice."
>>
Hey /srg/, I've been thinking about some of the future developments of the metaplot and I have some predictions/wishes and was wondering if they come across as tremendously stupid or not.

So Hestaby has been run out of her compound and forcibly divested of all her possessions, right? And we know this was probably plotted by Dunkelzahn from beyond the grave. So it has to have some higher significance in Far Scholar's long game. So Hestaby has been off the radar as of late, doing her time in the proverbial desert, and it has to have some significance that she's there. She's also a pacifist, so her tools for rebuilding her empire are willfully limited.

This is where I'm going to get weird. Dragon psychology is obviously different from metahuman psychology. Dragons don't have to compromise to get through life, and as a result, in Jungian terms they have no conflict between the ego and the subconscious. Now, the conflict between the ego and the subconscious is responsible not just for neurosis but also for many apparitions that are taken to have a magical character. Dragons practice magic differently from humans because they have a different psychology (and mechanically they don't seem all that different). If a dragon were forced into a situation where their ego was in prolonged conflict with their subconscious, they therefore might develop the ability to practice magic in a "human" capacity.

This would have huge implications. It would bring said dragon much closer to an authentic relationship with metahumanity, which would align with both Hestaby's and Dunkelzahn's goals. It would have massive implications for Universal Magic Theory as well. Lastly, it would potentially make the dragon into a unique religious persona, leading to schisms in the dragon cults and god knows what other developments.

1/2
>>
Newbie GM here, wondering if anyone could help.

I'm running 4e (first game I've run, first time I've run a game), and I'm finding when it comes to initiative, things go a bit screwy. Combat is getting bogged down a lot with players that are maxed out on passes (and thus shutting the other players out 50% of the time).

A player suggested to me that using the initiative and pass system from 5e would probably be better. Is that true? Or do I need to find another workaround, or just bare with it?
>>
>>44695399

Now I'm going to make a leap. Suppose Hestaby is killed while she's out being a dragon mendicant. This would make her a second dragon martyr to metahumanity. This would potentially represent the culmination of Dunkelzahn's long game, as the impact it would have on dragon politics would be earth-shattering. Lofwyr, always close to her in a weird way, would have an epiphany. Masaru would rise to prominence, likely having just concluded his war, replacing Hestaby as dragon spokesbeing. The dragon cults would go at each other like Protestants and Catholics trying to make sense of the events.

Correspondingly, there would be a new focus on the east, with Masaru, Lung, and Ryumyo all getting serious attention for the first time. A largely unexplored aspect of the shadowrun world would thus get development, meaning the property could continue on without any major technology changes or etc (ie, it could remain cyberpunk, which the cynic should note is an obvious proposition).

So yeah, those are my stupid thoughts. Tell me I'm bad /srg/, tell me I'm real bad.

2/2
>>
Looking at the rules for the Periscope and Smartgun, what's the deal there? Periscope says it reduces the mod for firing around corners to -2 from -3, but it's only -3 if you're using a smartgun. And don't smartguns have integrated cameras anyway? Why does having a periscope make them suddenly better at shooting around corners when they can already see around them just fine?
>>
>>44695120
The setting is Marseille, in 2075.

My players got a contact is a socialite (also noble) Ares Entertainment executive, and they owe her a favour due to a previous mission (she gave them access to a party and didn't say anything when they kidnapped the host). Also the mage/face secretly drops spaghetti hard every time she sees her. The Vory kidnaps and kill one of the contact's agent who was to deliver a commlink loaded with the certificate of the ownership of a sizeable part of corp shares to her from an other member of her family. The commlink ends up in the 52th floor of the S-K tower in EuroMed (the CBD). The contact calls the player and set up a meeting in her Bentley and the players accept without even asking for money or anything.

So they go for the terrorist option, loading a shitty van with explosives and the Sam/rigger remote-controls it to detonate a mostly incendiary bomb on the foot of the tower to clear the 52th floor of wageslaves. They throw some explosives on the windows from an hotel just across the street to clear a hole in the wall and bumrush inside with the aid of a grapple gun. Then they forgot to bring something to pick the office's maglock and resort to more bombing (during this time the mage just snatches every datalock she can). After the dust settles the sam is welcomed by a good old shotgun fire he barely avoids, and the mage summons a beast spirit (a warthog) to distract the guy bunkering in his office. The sam manages to land one shot but the fucker is tough as nails and doesn't die. He flees after shooting his own office's glass pane and the players grab the link and some goodies and get the fuck out there, followed by 2 special forces guys who crawled trough the wageslaves to get there.

The players find themselves against the 2 SpecOps, but the mage keeps making physical barriers to avoid their fire, taking lots of drain, they cut the first rope they used to get in, and they grapple the hotel on the other side.
>>
>>44695695
It should say to lower the penalty by 2, with wireless reducing it by another 1.
>>
>>44695740
Just going by what it says in the Periscope entry:
>Periscope: This adjustable “off-axis” viewer attaches to a top mount and allows an operator to target a weapon around corners, reducing the usual –3 dice pool penalty to –2. A periscope can be upgraded with any of the vision enhancements noted on p. 444.
>Wireless: The dice pool penalty for shooting around corners is reduced to –1.

And from the Smartgun entry:
>The camera lets you shoot around corners without exposing yourself to return fire (at a –3 dice pool penalty).
>>
What in God's name are NERPS?

I see them everywhere Shadowrun-related.
>>
>>44695727
They slide the second rope, hit the hotel wall, grab the first rope that is now hanging on the hotel wall, get down to the 13th or so floor of the hotel and jump on a balcony, still under fire and the mage still taking drain. They enter the hotel room, break the door with a shotgun, enter another room to get to the emergency exit and break the door again. They have taken a shitload of stun and they cross the path of one corpsec mage and one corpsec goon in the fire exit, they prefer no to fight and the sam decides he doesn't want to get tased.

He grabs the mage, jumps from the fifth floor and lands on a luxury sports car, taking damage he barely feels (pain editor). The sam remote controls his (nearby car) to get here as fast as possible and they flee in the confusion brought by the massive fire they created.

During the next few days they hide in their shitty cheap house outside of the city they bought a few weeks before (the sam said it was the best money ever spent) doing nothing but venting the tension. A few days later they get called for the plane job.

Want me to continue ?
>>
>>44696008
New Exciting Retail ProductS. It's a pet rock. Tomagotchi. Pokemon. Swag for the newest hit media product. A hot new soda that may not exist by the end of the year.

It's all that and more. And less.
>>
>>44696012
Why not, it's interesting.
>>
>>44696095
Thanks.
>>
>>44695695
Periscopes are great for mages. Look into the scope you have line of sight for spells.
>>
>>44696125
>>44696012

Against the ongoing unrest and the debacle at their tower, SK decides to bring their SK Prime team of experts in counter-insurgency from the middle-east to restore the Ordnung trough terror tactics. Of course, come enlightened minds clearly don't want the sound of jackboots in the streets and the moment the mage turns her commlink back on she got 56 new messages and 18 missing calls. They put on some new plates on the black BMW 400GT (all wireless disabled) and head off to their favourite runner's bar dressed like the greatest rednecks ever, except the sam's iron mask and large hat.

The sam punches the bouncer in the gut because he didn't recognise them, then the owner welcomes them and lead them to the Johnson. They know him, he works for Index-Axa, an AA, and already hired them in the past. He explains the situation and tells them why they should actually fear those guys because they could have them hanged with their own genitals and wouldn't hesitate to do so. He adds an hefty sum of money to the equation, and also tells them that if they can capture the team alive, he will add 5k each for every member of the team delivered to him for "questioning".

During the days the runners spent in the countryside, the Johnson had hired a decker and a rigger (PisteVerte and SaintEx) who had cobbled up a plan to intercept the plane the SK-team will travel in, hack its controls, land a glider on it, open the hull with a thermal drill trough an airlock, get the team and go home. They only lacked muscle, and for the lack of a better plan the runners did roll with it. The interception happens smoothly, the glider gets without any flaw on the SK plane and the sam begins to drill. As soon as they can enter the plane, the mage casts a fat Mass Agony and the sam jumps in swords drawn. He cuts one elite corpsec inside, but takes his share of rubber bullets in return from the 5 surviving ones. The guys inside don't want to use live ammo in a plane.
>>
>>44696732
The sam just don't give a shit and starts laying down shotgun fire, breaching the hull on some points, and the decker tells him he won't be able to keep the plane up if he continues like that. The sam answers he doesn't expect the plane not to crash anyway.

The fight ends with he sam being barely conscious, forced to take one dose of Kamikaze and one dose of Jazz to be sharper, and the mage having burn half her physical monitors in drain invoking spirits and Mass Agony. The pilot hid in a closet with a sneaky gun but wasn't a match for a Control Thoughts and got beheaded without much resistance. The runners get to the 4 hostages, but since one is a troll, there isn't enough room in the glider. The glider is pulled back in the rigger's plane with a cable and the decker stops the SK plane engines. So the mage grabs a parachute and jumps from the plane into the sea, where she uses a water spirit to stay afloat until the rigger's plane (a seaplane) comes to get her. The sam passes out from Kamikaze, and the decker realizes it's not really a good idea to land in Marseille right now so they decide to land in the lawless zone of GeMiTo. A few palm greasing at the airstrip there and the mage and the decker end up in a shitty motel with 4 sleeping hostages and one crashing sam. They get some clothes, food, narcotics and ropes and head to Genoa where they have to pull two of their contacts to get them smuggled back to Marseille with their "cargo" wrapped in sails bags.
>>
What's your all time favorite character you've played? Mine was basically a skinhead. I hated magic users, elves, anyone that wasn't good ol human. Even made an elf bite the curb.

I got so into that character I even made a song for him, based off American History X

"My eyes have seen the glory of the trampling at the zoo,
We washed our hands in Elven blood and all the mongrels too
We're taking down the keeb machine two by two by two
The pure man marches on."
>>
>>44695883
... Yes? That's the point of understanding we started at.
>>
Wireless grenades reduce scatter, but unless I'm blind I can't seem to find out how much.
>>
>>44697354
Might just be a reference to the airburst link.
>>
>>44697354
That's only if you're using microgrenades and an airburst link mod on your launcher. It doubles the reduction.

Otherwise you just have more options for when it goes off.

First minor Technomancer build idea finished, if anyone cares to know.
>>
>>44693264
Its really convenient.
>>
>>44694532
It's great fun, but he'll definitively need plenty of contacts.
>>
I want to make Jaws from James Bond is it possible?
>>
>>44697935
I don't think you can get a Human to have that much total damage resistance.

Otherwise, probably.
>>
>>44697342
Just not sure where
>It should say to lower the penalty by 2, with wireless reducing it by another 1.
is coming from.
>>
>>44697935
Easily.

You'd probably use some kind of Ork or Troll as a base, with metatype reduction to make it look more human. The steel teeth can be represented with the Fangs or Junkyard Jaw cyberware, or you could go with Bone Lacing or Bone Density for improved unarmed damage and have the teeth be a cosmetic thing.

You'd probably want one of those last two anyway for the extra damage resistance anyway.
>>
>>44698246
Would the bite be effective?
>>
>>44698142
It's coming from -3 not being the default penalty for blind fire around corners.
>>
File: pc_orkmale_08_modhead.png (97KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
pc_orkmale_08_modhead.png
97KB, 212x278px
>>44698342
>DV: STR + 3P
>AP: –6

Yeah, the junkyard jaw is fairly effective at biting.
>>
>>44698411
Thank
>>
>>44698360
So you're suggesting it should be a net -4/-3 for the periscope without/with wireless and no smartgun, and -2/-1 with a smartgun+smartlink?
>>
What prominent countercultures exist in the Sixth World? (apart from anti-metahuman and neo-anarchism)
>>
>>44698785
>So you're suggesting it should be a net -4/-3 for the periscope
Yes.

> -2/-1 with a smartgun+smartlink?
No.
>>
>>44699054
So you're saying to houserule it so a periscope with wireless is the same as a smartgun with no wireless?
>>
>>44699218
Wireless or not, a smartgun gives reduces the -6 penalty for firing around corners by 3.

Non-wireless / throwback periscopes reduce the penalty by 1, and a further 1 when wireless. (whoops on earlier posts) The issue is that the initial penalty given is wrong
>>
>>44687046
Combat Sense to the max. Maybe Danger Sense as well.
>>
>>44689147
Restricted Gear works for me. Or are you missing the textbox popup?
>>
>>44692267
It's not only official, they also added stuff from Shadowrun: Dragonfall. Kreuzbasar and other Berlin locations, certain NPCs, etc.
>>
>>44693295
IMHO the pseudo-pain-editor echo.
>>
>>44699874
Seeing as I'm in the middle of a huge thing on Tecnomancers, I'll say that that one is good for almost every Techno, but so is Resonance Sneak. But since you need to be on your second Submersion for FFF, that makes a good one-two.

Specific builds might have other priorities, though.
>>
>>44689147
From memory there used to be a bug with restricted gear that made it check all of the sub-items as well. I thought I'd fixed it though; in the meantime, you can open up the character file and put <ignorerules>True</ignorerules> in the first section.
>>
>>44692552
The Vory oftentimes has military veterans and ex-soldiers in its ranks. A lot of those have ties to "the Old Country" and access to military surplus gear.
So you may surprise your runners with a bit more bang than they are used to.
Otherwise they might just send a gang they control after them - molotov cocktails make those dangerous enough.
The Vory isn't exactly known for its subtlety, you know.

But it's your game and they could also plan something big and cunning against your runners - kidnapping key connections, holding family ransom until they work against the yaks that employed them, etc.

Don't let morality be a hindrance when portraying organized crime, this isn't the 1930s anymore.
>>
>>44699337
You're not even following with what you said with your previous statements. Let me try and get this straight: You're suggesting that Smartguns and Periscopes should not stack, and that periscopes only reduce the penalty from corner fire from the base -6 to -5 (-4 when wireless), correct? Because you find that a more reasonable explanation/fix than them putting -3 down as a typo when they meant to put -6, and that the -2 and -1 are the intended net mods (as supported by the errata?).
>>
Does anyone have a table of the various called shots?
>>
>>44700223
>You're not even following with what you said with your previous statements
No shit. Hence;
>(whoops on earlier posts)

>You're suggesting that Smartguns and Periscopes should not stack
Are you suggesting a camera and a tube with mirrors (or technological equivalent) should stack?

>Because you find that a more reasonable explanation/fix than them putting -3 down as a typo when they meant to put -6, and that the -2 and -1 are the intended net mods (as supported by the errata?).
Are you suggesting that a tube with mirrors (or technological equivalent) is a better tool for firing around corners than an integrated camera and weapon system?

I find it hard to believe you're seriously taking this position.
>>
File: 1452125761650.jpg (53KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1452125761650.jpg
53KB, 500x281px
I just killed one of my players with drop bears. I wasn't planing for that to happen but it did.
>>
>>44700846
hide the body, blackmail the other players to help you keep the secret
>>
>>44700877
done and done.
>>
File: SeattleDistricts.jpg (61KB, 404x851px) Image search: [Google]
SeattleDistricts.jpg
61KB, 404x851px
How good is the palming skill? I have a mage that uses very little equipment, but it seemed like it might be fun to pickpocket people with magic fingers, or plant evidence or grenades. Is this a very useful or practical application?

I have 16 manipulation dice so I should regularly have 5 agility/str with mag fingers added to the palming skill.
>>
>>44700843
>I find it hard to believe you're seriously taking this position.
I find it hard to believe someone is as bad at communicating as you are. You seriously could have just said your suggestions outright instead of pissing around and being a cunt, and ALSO acting like you're quoting the rules when you're suggesting houserules. So yes, your suggestion is quite reasonable, but you are utterly shit at explaining anything in a way that makes sense.
>>
>>44701458
It's amusing that you would say that while being so imprecise and cuntlike yourself.
>>
File: 1339209115632.png (19KB, 400x431px) Image search: [Google]
1339209115632.png
19KB, 400x431px
>>44700124
Unfortunately tonight that group decided to self destruct. I was using the boardroom book to have them run the boat job where you sink a tanker in international water.
They pretend to be docksman and sneak onto the boat in port, and then decide to wander the bowls of the ship with no deckplan or skill in navigation. They then tell the mob door guards they stumble across they're there to fix the televisions, and then critical glitched that.
They then spent 10 minutes trying to interpretive dance to the astral'd mage outside that they were lost and needed directions out while the 2 guards contact the 20 man security team at the bow that everyone on the team knew about.
I actually asked them when they were going in if they would keep track of the turns they made, and the response was "nah I just have a GQ magazine on this clipboard, it's not even paper"
I reminded them multiple times my GM style is to reward planning and to have a realistic NPC response to their actions.
>>
>>44701458
>>44701515
Just fuck already
>>
>>44701968
>>
Guys, give me one reason not to take natural immunity to Kamikaze/Kali's Blood, then get high out of my mind all the time since I don't have any of the negative side effects (namely the addiction).
>>
>>44702586
drugs are not diseases or toxins
>>
>>44702586
What makes you think you don't have to take the addiction tests?
>>
>>44702663
Drugs have the effects of toxins. They also have some benefits too.
>>44702775
Good point.

Proposal: Natural immunity to toxins and diseases, as per the existing quality, 7 and 10 karma. Natural immunity to delicious drugs, 15 karma. What do you guys think?
>>
>>44702663
>Drugs are toxins that you take on purpose
Right from the book, omae. Even mentions drugs in the immunity quality text.
>>
>>44702586
I'd imagine that you wouldn't have the beneficial effects of it, either. I mean, it's "immunity to a drug or toxin", not "immunity to ONLY the penalties of a drug or toxin".

I'd play it that way at my table, at least.
>>
>>44702775
Because Natural Immunity says you can take 1 hit of the substance every 6 hours with no ill effects and I would consider "becoming addicted" to be a really ill effect. I'm not the guy you're replying to, just fyi.
>>
>>44702988
It makes sense. For those who believe in RAW:
>The player and gamemaster must agree on the disease, drug, or poison to which the character is immune. The character can take one dose of the drug or poisonand experience one exposure to the disease every six hours with no ill effects.
>no ill effects
>>
>>44702586
>>44702923
Addiction is not an effect of the drug.

Effects of a drug are written on the line starting with "Effect:".
>>
>>44703086
Those who believe in RAW are a foolish sort in the era of Catalyst's editors.
>>
So what's the best way for me to inject my enemies with drugs and toxins?
>>
>>44704128
Depends. Are you asking for combat stuff or schemes?
>>
>>44704173
Combat stuff, I want to make an adept that uses drugs to boost himself and to deal with enemies.
>>
>>44704128
Super soaker + DMSO
>>
>>44704228
>I want to make an adept
Couldn't you just, like, throw poison darts or something, man?
>>
>>44704173
In 3rd ed. there was a "practice" assault rifle called, IIRC, the Eld-AR rifle that could be loaded with chemical rounds.
Though cited as being designed for paint it could definitely fire LtL payloads.
Find/invent it's equivalent; it was in the Lone Star Security book when someone asks you why it's fair that it's burst-fire capable and has AR ranges.

Trollface as you see fit.
>>
>>44704128
Try google for all your shadowrunning needs :^)
>>
>>44704436
I was reading the entry for that recently. I don't recall anything about it that doesn't fit with using capsule rounds. Looking it up again now.
>>
>>44704477
...did I get the name right?
Been forever since I owned that book.

IIRC I used combined DMSO and something strong than Narcojet as my payload and the total cost was like 300 nuyen a shot. But it hit at like 11D Stun per burst on a headshot and fuck me if I didn't finish quite a few runs with zero unnecessary fatalities. That kind of rep makes the money back quite handily.

Had that on a Cybertorso's weapons strut armature thinger -slaved it to a cybereye laser-designator so that if the target refused to take a nap I had my SPAS-22 full of slugs on standby.

Good times.
>>
>>44704625
You've got the right name, but I'll be damned if I can find the book it's even in.
>>
>>44704656
>>http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Source:Corporate_Security_Handbook/Table_of_Contents

BAM, payload delivered.
>>
Ares ELD-AR. Corporate Security Handbook, p69.
>>
>>44704712
Ares ELD-AR

>>Used by the UCAS military and various corporate security forces, the ELD-AR (Encapsulated Liquid Delivery-Assault Rifle) has been a standard in training missions for years. The ELD-AR fires a gel-coated round filled with biodegradable paint or other marking or chemical agents. Its compressed gas canister provides a silent and recoil-free shot, even under burst-fire conditions.

>>A character firing the ELD-AR uses the Assault Rifle Skill. The standard ammunition for the ELD-AR is paint rounds, which cost 5 nuyen per 10 rounds. Dye that is normally invisible but shows up under ultraviolet or thermographic vision is also commonly used. Gelcoat rounds can also be fashioned with materials costing 300 nuyen. Self-made rounds can carry any chemical desired, though some chemicals can eat through the pellets or cause some other undesirable reaction.

>>The ELD-AR creates negligible recoil, which is absorbed by the shoulder stock. Treat the weapon as having a sound suppressor. The ELD-AR may be drone-mounted. The weapon accepts all standard top- and under-barrel-mounted accessories, but no barrel-mounted accessories. Refillable compressed air canisters in the stock, each good for 50 shots, power the weapon. Refilling a canister costs 50 nuyen.

Silent, recoil-free (!), has AR ranges -OP wasn't the Panther, it was this sexy little beastie. And of course, lol "Eldar" assault rifle. Hee hee.
>>
Yeah; gel or capsule rounds fill the place of a specialised gel capsule payload rifle.
>>
I'm playing an adept for the first time and I've got a question about the Improved Reflexes ability. The SR5 Core Rulebook lists that each level of Improved Reflexes costs 1.5, 2.5, and 3.5 PP respectively. Is this cost supposed to be cumulative, or does each additional level in it only cost 1 additional PP? +4D6 to initiative AND +3 Reaction seems like a lot for an investment like this.
>>
>>44704436
That's what capsule rounds are for in 5e. Load 'em with narcojet and you rock'n'roll with your Ares Alpha without much risk.

Alternatively, gel rounds.
>>
>>44704936
It's total cost. And it looks like much, but 3.5 PP for 3d6+3 init on a constant and nigh-on undetectable basis without drawbacks is a steal.
>>
File: 1391409834006.jpg (1MB, 1583x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1391409834006.jpg
1MB, 1583x1000px
Has anyone here tried a stay-at-home decker?

One of my players can't come to our game sessions IRL, and as she plays a decker I was wondering if we might build her character as the classical nerd surrounded by computers and AROs, opening the way for the team remotely.
But I'm worried this might limit the opportunities for player interaction, and that she'll get bored during purely meatspace stuff like combats and social events, AKA 80% of the runs.
>>
>>44705208
Background counts and showing up as awakened for assensing are penalties.

>>44705387
You'll probably need a lot of datajacks, 3 ear antennae, satellite connection, etc to deal with the noise, and then have your team run wires across wireless negation zones.
>>
Is there anywhere that gives a good description for how powerful spirits are at various levels?

Like, a force 1 spirit. How powerful is that? Compared to a force 12 spirit. How strong is that motherfucker?

I know those are two of the extremes, bit just like... a list of examples of how dangerous they are as they progress.
>>
>>44705387

Get a trid projector that projects her icon, and have one of the players bring it around. She now has a presence in meat space and can communicate and, to a limited degree, interact with it.
>>
>>44705505
Force 1 Beast spirit can probably fight a housecat and win.
Force 12 Beast spirit is a motherfucking King Kong on fire.
>>
>>44705593

And the scale in between?
>>
>>44705681
It's hard to say. A F2 spirit already has the attributes of a human that works out, but with only 2 ranks in skills it is 'naive and untrained'.

A F6 spirit can compete with a troll and has skills equal to a trained professional.

A F9 spirit is a beast and skilled enough to put lots of people to shame.

A F12 Spirit is as strong as the strongest metahuman and would compete with grand masters in a dicipline they have the skill for on an equal basis.
>>
Hey, new GM here (shadowrun at least) and was wondering what kinda prep other shadowrun GMs do. Like what is a good amount of encounters for a run, is it worth making up on the fly or really nailing everything down ahead of time?
>>
Does anyone know the specifics for infected? I know you can make a character to start infected but as this is my first campaign of Shadowrun i'm not allowing it. He asks what happens when the infection roll happens and the turning fails. Does he just die or?
>>
>>44707178

It depends on the type of HMHVV he has.

If he's Ghoul(Or variant) infected, it's recoverable. You can throw off the disease before it ravages you all the way to Ghoul or resist it enough to be untouched.

If he's Vampire(Or variant) infected, you are fucked. Successfully resisting means you die in peace rather than becoming a vampire.

Though #2 gets iffy if you then burn edge to survive.
>>
>>44705387
>>44705530

Or just have her be the voice in the players ears, like a handler. She has the ability to be the teams communications manager as well as a couple of other things. She can be fast on her feet and help her team with instant access to a near infinite source of information. Let her put money towards a computer van to go on the move, home brewing it if you have to.

Also, let her be the catalyst for the team getting some jobs here and there. Use her contacts (if any) to draw her into the game. Make a fixer that'll pays well that will only contact her. Do a hacktavist group that she can do on the side or something.

Sadly, most of what you can do for her may not actually be stated or even allowed in the game. But as some will say the main reason for playing tabletop is fun. Good luck.
>>
>>44707151
>is it worth making up on the fly
Yes, but keep some statblocks close to you in case you have to make new ennemies
>or really nailing everything down ahead of time?
No because your players will always fuck your plans up.
>>
I'm looking through martial arts for ones that use swords. Unfortunately, past 'do they stab' it's hard to tell which ones are good at what, since they link you to up to three different places in the same book when you want to know what a technique does.

Have you used martial arts in your 5e games before, /tg/? Which ones worked?
>>
>>44707178
HMHVV strain 1 can only be spread by the vampire wilfully inflicting it on someone else. You can "resist" it by getting at least 7 hits on a single Bod + Wil test, but that means you're just dead rather than turned into a vampire.

HMHVV strain 2 and 3 transmit through bodily fluids and are 'milder' in the sense that if you resist them, then you're safe. But resisting them ask for a total of 30 hits on 3 Bod + Wil tests (if strain 2) or 50 hits on 10 tests (if strain 3) to resist them. If only a single point of power remain after the tests; tag, you're it, omae!
>>
>>44707200
>Though #2 gets iffy if you then burn edge to survive.
No it doesn't.

>If desired, a character may burn a point of Edge to guarantee that they either pass or fail the Disease Resistance Test.
>>
File: StreetOverpass2_(EU2012).png (877KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
StreetOverpass2_(EU2012).png
877KB, 1280x720px
I'm running a game set during the renraku arcology shutdown. The team is currently pinned down and fighting some banded in one of the parking garage levels. What are some cool environment props or mechanics I can throw at them?

All I can really think of is just cars they can hide behind. I'm trying to come up with interesting devices or mechanics the decker can use during the fight as well. Any ideas?
>>
>>44707772
The garage uses tons of automated moving platforms to shift cars around for easy access.

One section of the garage is an automated car wash.

The parked cars are all plugged into the same matrix node. Your decker can remotely trigger car alarms, headlights, horns, parking tickets, etc.
>>
>>44707772

An earlier explosion appears to have cratered the roadway, exposing the grid infrastructure underneath. The crater has since filled with water. Water hazards, and if the decker can turn on the (currently-disabled) grid... High voltage + water = *FUN.EXE*
>>
>>44707805
I considered the automated parking angle, but the firefight is happening in an open area. Most designs I've seen has all the mechanics in an enclosed area. I was thinking they might use one as an exit route though, like drones are on their way, everyone load up in one of the lifts, then have the decker take them to a higher level.

The car was idea sounds fun. Could probably bunker down on one end, lure some enemies inside, then harass them with the machines.

The parked cars thing probably won't work. Wireless matrix didn't exist during the shutdown. Deckers had to plug directly into devices.

>>44707849
I like the damaged structure angle. I could make the area something like a warzone, and have chunks of the place missing, or even places on fire. Hell, maybe the decker can trigger the sprinkler system and douse them in water too.
>>
>>44707336
How much is it worth getting sorted, stats for opposition, matrix stats? Which NPCs or locations have info that the players need?
>>
>>44707571

I meant after that. The usual 'Burn edge to survive something that would kill you'. In this case dying peacefully rather than being infected.

Honestly, in that case I'd let them go with it. Be that one in a million case who survives without contracting HMHVV. They did burn two edge most likely (The first to pass that silly hard test, the second to live through doing it)
>>
Can one stick the ammo bin on a grenade launcher turret? I ask because 250 grenades is more grenades than all my characters I have ever had have owned, yet that's how many you can fit in there.
>>
>>44692143
There's Amazonia, they have a nice enviorment, if you don't mind how it eats people.
>>
>>44708236
I suppose so, but that does seem a lot.
If I was gm I might rule you could fit perhaps... 50 grenades.

But if a group of runners started going full auto with grenades that would bring in some heat you couldn't hope to fight.
>>
>>44708129
>stats for opposition, matrix stats
Yes to both.

>Which NPCs or locations have info that the players need?
What do you mean by it ?
>>
>>44708313
There's no full auto nade launcher, though there is a semi auto one. But yeah, I figure it'd be a nice "oh shit, we're all going to die" button.
>>
>>44708647
Like say I plan out what the players have to go get or do, so steal a prototype from a lab or something. Where do I go from there? Like how do they find where the lab is if I don't tell them as part of their meeting with mr johnson. basically, looking through some published missions they're arranged in scenes, is it worth replicating that to extend run time, stuff like comlications?
>>
>>44708703
>Like how do they find where the lab
In your example, you may decide that any of their academics or corporate contacts with enough connexions may know about it and can be convinced to tell them about it (high loyalty, barter or con). The more connexions that contact will be, the more he has to say about the lab, of course. If you don't have any contact in this, other contacts may have the info, but it's not guaranteed. Other than that they can do a matrix search to get informations on the lab, or even on people linked to the labs who could lead them to help.

I deal with complications in talking scenes by removing one or two dices in their dice pool, and glitches by ending the discussion altogether and making them lose one loyalty point with the contact if they don't find a solution really quick.
>>
Is 5 (7 fast talk) an acceptable pool for con? It will be my only social skill as a mage, but I will have the Influence spell as well.
>>
File: nightmare.jpg (133KB, 900x581px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare.jpg
133KB, 900x581px
Repostan from the gamefinder thread in case anyone is looking for a game of Shadowrun 5e, or Only war if the interested parties agree to that.

>GM or Player
GM
>System
Only War or Shadowrun 5e, I haven't decided which yet, but I think I'd prefer to run Only War.
>Schedule/Timezone
Sundays around 7-9 PM EST (UTC-5), with normal sessions lasting around 3-4 hours.
>Contact Information
I'll have a poorly drawn Johnny Bravo avatar.
>Method of Play
Roll20 for dice and maps/visuals, and skype for voice chat.
>Additional Info
I'm pretty much set on the times, so please don't come to (chirp) me asking me to change them. If you are a habitual flake, please don't waste my time or your fellow players' time by asking to join up. Unchecked autism over what is "canon" in the aforementioned system's settings is also a disqualifier. If you are interested, contact me on skype, the only message you should send me is the word hidden in parentheses in this post. The maximum number of players that I am seeking for a game is 5, and slots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Please reply to the post ITT only with additional questions about the game, and keep all requests to join on Skype.
>>
>>44710901
If it's an emergency thing, you'll still want to aim for the 8.

But Influence does help there, some. Just hope to soak the extra drain from reckless casting.

But if you're going to be the group's fast talker, you'll probably want a 10 even before Influence.
>>
File: ork cop.jpg (240KB, 728x800px) Image search: [Google]
ork cop.jpg
240KB, 728x800px
>>44710901
The way I check to see if I have a decent pool for a skill is to average out the hits the pool will give me. To do that, just divide the pool by three, as you have a 1 in 3 probability of getting a hit on a d6.

So for your pool of 5, you have an average of one and two thirds hits, not a very good dice pool for a skill if talking is a focus for you, and you also run a risk of glitching, but not seriously so. The 7 is a bit better with two and a third hits, but only in certain situations, although fast talk covers a lot of them. If you're a mage, spells can help you, but be really careful about any mind control spells you have, because they are SUPER DUPER ILLEGAL just about everywhere, and depending on your GM, he may bring the heat down on you if you use it too much and or don't mask/erase your astral signature.

Final verdict (for me, anyways) is that it's a decent dice pool if you have another social character, but personally I'd bump it up at least a point or two. My personal rule for skills at character creation is a pool of 12 if you want to be really good at it, 8 if you want to be decent/reliable but not get a lot of crazy hit numbers, and 4 for stuff you have just in case, or assist other characters with.
>>
>>44711213
>>44711243
My group does have a face already, I just figured con was the best skill to have when he is not around.

My mage is a manipulation/stealth type of the raven mentor. I originally was going to have 10 (12 fast talk) in the skill but took 5 off it so I could max out palming for use with magic fingers. I don't know if this is a good idea, but it seemed like fun.
>>
>>44711482
Your character, ultimately it's up to you, but you might want to up the dice pool a little bit all the same.
>>
Is Athletics worth it? Or should I just stick with gymnastics for some extra dodge and obstacle clearing?
>>
>>44712073
1 rank is definitely worth it to stop defaulting. Afterwards, you can increase gymnastics more if that's your thing.
>>
>>44711542
Well I'm still debating whether to switch it back and just have 6 ranks in con and just increase palming during play. Is palming actually that good and useful of a skill in the typical run?

This will be my first game of Shadowrun so I have no experience yet.
>>
>>44712190
Palming's good if you use grenades or other small throwing weapons.

But as a mage, you can just whistle up a grenade for acceptable Drain. Literally if you have the [Element] Grenade spell.
>>
>>44712240
My idea was to use palming to hide foci on myself, or pickpocket people with magic fingers. Con on the other hand, was for if I was stopped by Lonestar, or confronted with a suspicious person on a run.

I might just take 1 rank in palming and spec it for use with Magic Fingers. That would give me 8 dice for ranged pickpocketing, while allowing me to max out con with 10 (12 fast talk). Would these dice pools be good and usable for a starting character?
>>
>>44712920
>That would give me 8 dice for ranged pickpocketing
Forgot to say I should be able to manage a F5 Magic Fingers regularly, so 5 agi, 5 str added to palming 1(3)
>>
>>44712920
>>44712975

A focus is what? -2/-4 concealability unless it's a weapon focus? You should be fine with one rank in palming. (At least until another mage assenses you, but that's another story.)

Go for con. Chances are you'll have to sweettalk people more than you have to hide a ring/amulet/gimmick from them.
>>
>>44713076
Alright that makes sense. Thanks for your help.

One last question, what would be the opposed test if I was Magic Fingers pickpocketing someone? Standard perception test? Would there be any penalties/bonuses to it because it's a magic spell, not a physical hand?

I'm just trying to get an idea what dice pools I would be up against if I attempted to nick a credstick/comlink or take a ID card from someone, and the core book doesn't seem to mention it anywhere.
>>
>>44712920

What >>44713076 said, with the added caveat that most non-weapon Foci can be gotten in forms such as jewelry, tattoos, and tattoo-jewlery.

Fetishes are the things you're more likely to want to hide. (Also, why not get a license that'll cover you having it. One Mage License and one... I dunno, Exorcist License.)
>>
>>44713321
Remember that it's only got a meter of distance (but you're probably not going to be trying to get things from two people at once that are even that far apart), and that you can't target what you can't see.

(So if they have their comm in their pocket, no dice unless you can see it sticking out. And they've probably got the usual resistance to it as to normal pickpocketing because the whole spell is canceled out by 'lack of fine control'.)
>>
>>44713408
>you can't target what you can't see
Ah crap. Well that makes it a lot less useful. Though I suppose I could still nick an ID badge off a uniform or something. What about ejecting a gun magazine, or pulling a grenade pin on someones belt? Would those even need palming, or just a straight agility roll?

>>44713349
Exorcist License, that's a good idea. I have the Conjuring skill group, so I could get some use out of banishing then, and even have a legitimate side business possibly.
>>
>>44713708
In the case of the magazine, probably agility to engage the eject mechanism or strength if they have it somewhat automated.

For the pin, you'd want palming if you don't want the person to notice.
>>
>>44713321
Palming + Agility vs. Perception + Intuition.

Your AGI is the amount of hits on your spellcasting check, as per Magic Fingers.

I'd also argue that since the item is somehow present on the person, they'd get the +3 dice modifier for "being attentive" unless distracted by something else.
>>
>>44689147
Bump for this question, if I could

Does anyone know what the flag is in .chum5 files for ignoring character creation rules? I'm stuck unfinished until either the Restricted Gear quality gets fixed, or I find the flag to make the character (retroactively) ignore the character creation rules.

I'd like a hand on this if anyone knows, please.
>>
>>44714038
Well I could try fast talking someone like I'm a street salesman for the distracted -2 penalty, while nicking their badge with the spell. But it looks like this might be a rare occurrence due to it's difficulty to pull off.

Actually I was thinking, would palming even be used if trying to Magic Finger steal an item off a desk next to a person? The spell is invisible, so there is nothing to 'palm' the item into. It would just be floating away slowly I imagine.
>>
>>44714399

>>44700072
>>
File: jackpoint.jpg (183KB, 784x461px) Image search: [Google]
jackpoint.jpg
183KB, 784x461px
I'm thinking about making a job board for my group, and I know quite a few other GMs like the idea. Does anyone with some sort of graphic design background want to make a couple templates that look matrix-y so GMs can type in jobs and such? Something like the pic.
>>
>>44714511
I can't help you, but it'd be incredibly helpful if someone did end up making something like that. Right now I'm just struggling with Obsidian Portal's formatting (and the fact you have to PAY FOR THEIR FORUMS) to try and get a workable job board together.
>>
>>44714411
Taking skills literally by their names is silly, since you can use palming to hide stuff before you're in any danger of being searched.
It would use palming because you still need to stealthily grab/steal an object without someone knowing.
>>
>>44714651
Alright, that works. Thanks
>>
>>44714511
>>44714556
What about an IM like program that emulates jackpoint/shadowBBS?
It would essentially have you able to make job postings and stuff and have your players able to connect and make posts while not having to deal with other nerds
on the downside you don't get internet banter with other nerds unless the GM plays them
>>
>>44714808
So long as I can print it out, yeah! We try not to use electronics at the table (GM excepted), it gets too distracting, but I'm sure that would be great for a lot of groups.
>>
>>44708148
I'd give them the Carrier NQ, at least. Problem is, they were drained of all essence.
>>
>>44708254
Amazonia, Africa, Tasmania. They're not healthy, natural environments. They're places where nature has given itself over to some kind of hostile response, for whatever reason.
>>
>>44714494
Oh, I missed it somehow.
Sorry, my mistake. Thank you.
>>
>>44697463
Could you link it somewhere? I wouldn't mind having a read through. I found Techno interesting but never got around to picking it apart.
>>
>>44714494
Ah, I just found another glitch.
Using Trust Fund to start with a freebie permanent lifestyle doesn't give you that lifestyle, and you also can't seem to add a lifestyle with a modified cost percentage--0% cost and 1% cost both still land as 100% cost, so I'm getting the feeling that the percentage adjustments for lifestyle are broken.

The real issue of it is that it tends to be messy in the nuyen tracking, if I have to create a character, add nuyen to fix my starting funds, then add a pile of nuyen to give my character a permanent lifestyle from the Trust Fund.

Just wanted to mention.
>>
>>44716631
I've been a bit lazy with standard lifestyles, so trust fund is only properly supported in advanced lifestyles.
>>
>>44716669
But Advanced Lifestyles have still never once worked for me, and I'm not sure why
>>
File: img86.jpg (210KB, 605x908px) Image search: [Google]
img86.jpg
210KB, 605x908px
>>44716715
Well, what error do you get?
>>
>>44716508
I'm not completely finished (it took a bit to reference all the Complex Forms, look over skill wants and such) but here's what I have complete so far.

http://pastebin.com/ca1EpTiT
>>
>>44714511
Literally
Just
IRC
>>
I need some effects for a Wild Magic table for a team on a voyage through Tasmania. Any ideas?
>>
>>44717599
Rain of sausages
Casting magic causes a weird smell to appear
Everything starts to look like a photo negative
Spirits start going out of control
>>
>>44717599
Tasmania is less wild magic, more green deathworld. Mainland Australia (sometimes) and the outskirts of Sydney (more often) are the places for mana storms.
>>
>>44717676
I was reading the Third Edition splat book to get some inspiration and it encourages you to make up a table for magical stuff. I'm drawing a blank on what weird shit I can do with the green deathworld vibe though.
>>
>>44717879
Mana storms can do anything spells can, and everything else, too.

>The island of Tasmania, meanwhile, seems to have become a living organism, using its plant growth and animal life to quickly demolish anything metahumans try to construct.

5e CRB, p27. For ref.
>>
>>44717879
Critically Glitching a Drain roll causes the caster to explode into flowers.
>>
>>44717514

As much as IRC would be nice it leads to circlejerk bullshit OOC and IC. We don't want another Runnerhub style shitfest. Then again the Jackpoint in the books is pretty much Reddit.
>>
>>44717946

Issue is, Tasmania isn't in a High Manastorm area, that's just the center of Australia and around Sydney.
>>
>>44718131
Yes, I brought it up. >>44717676

>>44717879 seems to want the effects of mana storms, though.
>>
>>44718244
Those are both me, though I probably worded it poorly twice.

I'm trying to get a table of weird stuff that would fit the thematic of Tasmania but not originating from a Manastorm.

Stuff like being attacked by a Aboriginal Spirit Warriors when they approach a sacred place and that sorta stuff.
>>
>>44718357
Giant tasmanian devils, covered in infectious tumors

Escaped tasmanian tigers genetically brought back from extinction, but crossed with actual tigers, and awakened.

Toxic magpies that swoop at you and eat uour eyes.

Fern tree plants that unfurl and try to pull into a gross mouth, rathtar style
>>
>>44685050
Use the item with the highest availability (in your case the camera) and add the increments (+).

5>2 +6 +2 = 13
>>
>>44718808
Camera is 0.
Any other sensor (other than microphones) is 5
0+2+6 = 8
>>
I'm trying to build a rigger driver in SR4.
Is it just me or did 4th ed screw riggers over?

As far as I can tell a control rig gives you +2 to all driving skills and TN -1 in VR and that's it?

Do I actually need a commlink to get a higher rigging initiative?
>>
>>44718880
Bullshit.
>>
>>44718893
TN -(x) is way better than dice pool +(x)
>>
>>44718920
It's in the table of optical devices.
An enhanced camera being 13 is bullshit.
>>
>>44718933
And an initiative of 9 with 3 passes with wired reflexes is better than 3 ini with one pass without a commlink.
>>
>>44718971
It's not an enhanced camera, it's an enhanced camera on a helmet.
>>
>>44719008
Control rig gives you VR doesn't it?
>>
>>44707352
Loving Tae Kwon Do, Counterstrike and Kick have been great for my unarmed Adept, and I'll probably pick up Flying Kick and Sweep when I have some Karma left over and nothing pressing to use it on like another initiation.

Sangre y Acero on my Sammy was really fun, but mostly because Pouncing Dragon with a Spur is mean and using Monofilament Whip with Finishing Move is 10/10 good times every time.
>>
>>44719101
Yeah, but if you don't have a commlink you get ini equal to intuition and 1 pass which would be worse than my chars regular ini.

I don't really understand why you need a commlink when you have a control rig and jack in manually.

Not to speak of how wired reflexes are cheaper than a maxed out commlink.
>>
Are cantrips appropriate for Shadowrun? Lighting a cigarette with your fingers, getting rid of bedhead with magic, that sort of thing
>>
>>44719553
>lighting a cigarette
Ignite.
>getting rid of bedhead
Makeover.

Already covered by low-drain spells.
>>
>>44719553
No. There are full spells for those.
>>
>>44719553
As a GM: They are standard spells. But, taking lighting a cigarette for example:
- Low-force Ignite spell
- using a Fetish (-2 drain)
- let player buy hits on both Spellcasting and Drain resistance

Not quite a cantrip, but mechanically similar enough.
>>
>>44719606
Some of which even have other uses. Or at least some salability.
>>
Under what conditions should NPCs be employing assault cannon(s) against the players?
>>
>>44720242
If they enter a military base.
>>
What are some good old fashioned loud missions? The kind Johnson doesn't really care if the party survives.
>>
Matrix question (5th ed): do you have to be in VR to enter a host?

>>44720500
Blowing up a bridge? Amateurs with demolitions tend to go awry.
>>
>>44720596
AR or VR works. Although depending on the circumstances, the lower initiative of AR might make it a bad enough choice that you could call some hosts VR only.

The exception is some rather technical stuff that's mentioned in Data Trails.
>>
>>44720680
Neat. Another question: Player wants to enter a public museum's host (public = everyone can enter it, the host invites a single mark) to find out more about the museum's security system. How would you rule this?
- Museum has a public and a private host for visitors/everything else respectively? (seems unnecessarily complicated and too expensive for a simple museum).
- Museum as a single host that everyone can enter, but only once you try to get a second or third mark, patrol IC will react to you.

In both cases: how to you spot connected devices (security cameras, etc.) in a host like this. Usually all connected devices are visible, or at least the example for hacking a host in Data Trails has the PC just instantly see the icon of the door she needs to open. Should I just handle it like this, except you need more than one mark to see all connected devices (so that the usual visitors don't see every camera and door lock in the museum's host)?
>>
>>44720986
The museum likely has a single host. Patrol IC instead would be looking Hack on the Fly or Brute Force as the last actions taken (assuming that it's a museum with good security).

Any device that's within a hundred physical meters of the decker can be seen automatically, usually through a combination of knowing where to look and knowing what kind of iconography to look for.

But if it's a really, really classy museum, have the decker make a Matrix Perception roll to see the points where the very artfully interwoven designs and room decor actually represent icons for important things as opposed to just being digital decoration.

Of course, if you can get a mark on the central device that's got all the security devices slaved to it, you can do all sorts of things.
>>
>>44721150
Those are some good ideas. Thanks!
>>
>>44721150
Marks echo "upwards", but not "downwards". Getting a mark on the master device will not give you marks on the slaves (although it's still a sweet deal most of the time).
>>
>>44721382
I was thinking more Snooping which should let you try and figure out the physical locations of the security devices. Physical ones most easily, of course.

If you got up to three marks, though, you could Format it and then reboot it later.

And by later I mean second one or so of the run itself.
>>
>>44720242
A corporate kill team might carry one if the group is known to be extremely dangerous.

Which can range from having a cybered-up troll, A-grade weapons or powerful magic users. Or if they're munchkins.
>>
>>44720986
>- Museum has a public and a private host for visitors/everything else respectively? (seems unnecessarily complicated and too expensive for a simple museum).
This. If it's too much for their budget / net worth, then either don't give them a host at all (use a matrix site for the public end), or don't give them a public host.
>>
If you needed to lay really, really low, would you rather to go to Tasmania or Amazonia?

Any ideas for a better place to hide?
>>
>>44722119
Africa, Siberia, China outbacks or ghetto's.
Basically no where with a large amount of government or corporate intrigue.
Avoid places with a lot of natural resources or otherwise noted to have secrete corporate organ farms or something.
>>
What does the american west look like in the 6th world? Are there still vast empty spaces protected by the NAN or are they all just parking lots now?
>>
http://pastebin.com/XmWKKZ4d

Technically complete, it's the Technomancy effort post by me. I don't really consider it complete yet because there's more I may want to add in, and some things I need to expand on.

But it's complete in that it talks about both minoring and majoring in Technomancy. Go me?
>>
>>44722339
California is a free state but was invaded by Japan. L.A is he weirdest fucking place basically on all of the planet, Sanfran is sketch, Portland's the same as Seattle, and Seattle is one of the main cities in the 6th world.
>>
File: IpjO7dB.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IpjO7dB.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>44722408
I more meant outside the mega-cities.
Do places like pic still exist?
>>
>>44722496
Pretty much. If only because there's plenty of places where development's not worth the cost.

(I say this as a Texan. We've got green places that ain't worth building up any time soon.)
>>
>>44722339
Most of America is vast empty spaces.

>“This place is so remote you can watch your dog run away from home for three days straight.”
>With the balkanization of North America and the depopulation of formerly heavily populated areas of the world by the VITAS plagues, there are plenty of ghost towns to choose to hide out in. There is not much company or municipal resources, but if someone new shows up in town, you can be pretty sure what they are there for.
>>
Whats the best armor for an elf street samurai?
>>
>>44723371

I wonder if there's any weird shit centered around the old Trinity test site.
>>
>>44723971
Depends on your strength not metatype
>>
>>44724131
Strength 5
Agility 7
Body 5
>>
Alright /srg/, I got a thought experiment for you.

How would you go about removing Lofwyr from the setting in the most poetic justice way possible? He doesn't even have to die, just neutralized indefinitely.
>>
>>44724310
S-K gets bought out by a scheming unawakened unaugmented human.
Lofwyr chimps out and gets put down by several Thor-Shots after he tries to burn Essen to the ground.

But seriously, it's unlikely he's ever going to go away. He's iconic
>>
NEW THREAD
E
W
>>44724272
T
H
R
E
A
D
>>
>>44724310

Once, and only once, someone escapes Lofwyr's notice. One day, he gets a message from somebody he doesn't know.

>how's the stock, chairman?

He looks up S-D's worth, sees its stock value has taken a nearly 90-degree nosedive. He starts making some calls to do damage control, and gets another message, with a link attachment. He opens it, and it bring up a livestream to a massive nuclear bomb in the compound's garage, counting down with only 6 seconds left.

>you're not wyrming your way out of this one
>YOU LOSE, LOFWYR.
>have a nice day in Hell. :^)

Lofwyr freezes for a second, then smashes his computer to pieces. He roars louder than any dragon ever has, and vanishes in the atomic flash.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.