[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What good system let's me be a fencer /tg/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Rapier Finisher.png (9KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
Rapier Finisher.png
9KB, 500x351px
What good system let's me be a fencer /tg/?
>>
GURPS
>>
Song of Swords
7th Sea
RuneQuest
GURPS
>>
File: Fencing Tree.png (74KB, 359x614px) Image search: [Google]
Fencing Tree.png
74KB, 359x614px
>>44679897

If you like crunchy 3e-style systems (but maybe you don't like 3e because it's shitty and unbalanced and martials are subjected to terrible feats like "Basic Competence: Owners of this feat won't stab themselves in the dick when they roll 8 or less") you could check out FantasyCraft. It's got crunchy, tactical wargame combat, but is well balanced (everything is a bit gonzo) and the martials are fantastic. Pic related, it's the fencing tree. The whole thing; you'll have plenty of feats left to take other cool abilities to synergize with your fencing if you like.

Notice how you can enter total defence and auto-hit someone who enters an adjacent square. Then if they miss ('cause you're in total defence) you can step back and draw them out to follow you. Which means they just stepped into your adjacent square again, so you can auto-hit them a second time, because "I'm a master fencer, get fucked, NPC."
>>
>>44679897
Song of Swords, without a doubt
>>
>>44679897
The Riddle of Steel and its successors
GURPS
>>
>>44679897
GURPS martial arts is pretty good for both cinematic and realistic fencing. It has all the historical styles.
>>
>>44679897
GURPS, in which playing fighter and swashbuckler are actually two pretty different processes.
>>
>>44681625
This, one of my players is a fencer and it is good.
>>
>>44681625
Add in the Sword-Circle tree for defence, and you've got a well rounded quick fighter who wears down their opponent while not getting hit.

Spend action dice to throw in the odd ledge or chandelier, and you've got yourself a fight.
>>
GURPS
>>
File: Alatristemaneuvers.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
Alatristemaneuvers.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>44679897

Capitán Alatriste.
>>
>>44679897
7th Sea - accept no substitutes. I don't believe any of these other games allow you to mock your rivals into uselessness in as enjoyable a fashion. And yes, banter is that important, otherwise you're just a warrior with Weapon Proficiency rapier.
>>
If you're okay with Pathfinder and with 3rd party material, make a Dexterity-based Warlord with Path of War that focuses on the Scarlet Throne discipline, which is pretty much exactly what you're asking for, albeit adapted for use on a battlefield.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.