[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the AoS pricing conventions so much higher than everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: Aos and WH comparison.jpg (251KB, 1525x746px) Image search: [Google]
Aos and WH comparison.jpg
251KB, 1525x746px
Why are the AoS pricing conventions so much higher than everything else?

Are GW deliberately trying to make it fail? 100 dollars for 10 slayers is ridiculous.

It gets even worse when you compare the Starter Kits. Compare 21 dwarfs with a pair of Nurgle/Khorne starter sets.

Or even worse with 40k, where 2 Necron, or 2 Skitarii sets are both cheaper, and a full army.
>>
>>44679110
First off, I hope you know you are showing the australian prices. Those are expensive, period.

Second off, the Start Collecting box sets are the exception to GW pricing, not the rule.

Third off, do we really need another GW price thread? Hasn't this been discussed to death? Yes, GW is overpriced. Play something else.
>>
Not saying it isn't overpriced (it sure is lol), but to be fair AoS is built around needing less models.
>>
>$70 for 5 dwarfs

What the fuck? Are they made of gold or something?
>>
>>44679741
Well also this price convention is not unique to AoS. 40k is just as expensive with their later models.
>>
>>44679817
Welcome to Australian prices, my friend. This is the shit we go through to play here.
>>
>>44679877
Australians really still get shafted after all these years it seems. What's the deal with imports to Ozzland being so ridiculously high anyway? Tariffs? Do people just not want to sell things to you unless it's at a really high markup? Did you insult someones mother?
>>
>>44680064
They're scared of our jetpack kangaroos and exploding koalas.
>>
>>44679877
Yeah, I know. I'm living the nightmare.

But wasn't it only a few years ago where you could get 10-20 dwarfs for only $50?
>>
>>44679110
>new plastic Slayers
great, I can replace the old metalics in my Mordheim warband
>$10 a pop
or maybe not
>>
>>44679110
GW doesnt care about the games anymore. Just about modeling. An they think they're the best ever!111 so if you dont want their premium product, they dont want your business
>>
>>44679110
WELCOME TO THE WEEKLY "ACCIDENTALLY GOT AUSTRALIAN PRICES" BITCH THREAD, ENJOY YOUR STAY
>>
>>44679110
Christ. We're paying 60 AUS more for the fyrd box than UK. How the fuck does it cost 60 AUS to ship a small box? Fuck GW.
>>
>>44679110
>showing Australian prices
could you not do this?

>>44683024
consider that it isn't just shipping a small box. They have to print an all new box with the labels upside down.
>>
>>44680064
>Tariffs? Do people just not want to sell things to you unless it's at a really high markup?
These two, pretty much. Also the retail sector in my country shrieks and cries to to Government to step in and "fix" things so they don't have to change their practices and adapt to a changing market.
>>
>>44680064
Australia shitposting I wager. Let the cunts pay.
>>
>>44680064
Some markets are protected by the government.
Some markets suffer from huge shipping distances.
The Australian dollar is usually much weaker than other developed nations.
Retailers shamelessly exploiting people.
Or some combination of the above.
Probably some sort of karmic punishment for all the bantz.
>>
>>44680064

Tariffs and import taxes aren't especially high, no. Historically, overseas markets have charged a high markup for products shipped to Australia because our trading partners were almost always a very long way away. Originally we traded almost exclusively with Britain, then post-WWII our trading focus shifted to the US, then only recently to Asia, especially Japan and China. The "tyranny of distance" is a common theme in Australia.

The long distance made importing goods expensive, so we paid more. But nowdays goods commonly come here from China, which is closer to us than the US, yet we still pay higher prices. Digital goods still have the same price rise, despite it costing the company nothing more to send it to us than it does to send it anywhere in the world.

Online retailing is what has really led to the current outcry from the public about the markup on Australian prices, because it has become so obvious that we're getting ripped off.

Although you do get the occasional screw-up. The Orkanauts on GW's US website retail for US$105. That works out to AU$155. Yet they sell them to us for AU$115. Go figure.
>>
>>44685435
the Australian Dollar & the Canadian Dollar are within a cent of each other (which makes sense, they're similarly sized countries) however everythig on the Canadian webstore is significantly chaper than the Australain webstore.

also if everthing's made in China/random Asian country (I assume) shouldn't shipping distances apply to everyone? where's Games Workshops main warehouse?
>>
>>44685690
>which makes sense, they're similarly sized countries
That isn't how exchange rates work.
>>
Admittedly I'm only going off what I've seen on /tg/ when people bitch about Australian prices before, but, aren't Australian incomes slightly higher than other places?
>>
>>44679741
then why do so many units have bonuses that only apply when their numbers are multiples of 10 or 12?
>>
File: 107524852-490x688.jpg (80KB, 490x688px) Image search: [Google]
107524852-490x688.jpg
80KB, 490x688px
>>44679110
Oh, look, another bait thread where some faggot post pics from GW site in australian dollars and complain about prices.

These thread are not shitposting at all!
>>
>>44685690
>where's Games Workshops main warehouse?
Just nottingham, I think The other main warehouse (for NA stores) is in Memphis.

The problem is with digital goods, not physical ones.
>>
File: 1450907024094.jpg (15KB, 228x250px) Image search: [Google]
1450907024094.jpg
15KB, 228x250px
>>44688035
Because there's nobody on the internet from Australia. You caught us out at last, it was all a clever ruse.

Turns out that the USA really does exist in splendid solitude atop an endless ocean of oil and Mexicans.
>>
>>44688083
>Because there's nobody on the internet from Australia.
That's not the point.
These thread are made for the purpose of confusing people into thinking they are American Dollars.

If you really want to make a thread about Austrialian Prices, put the word "australian" anywhere in the first post.

But OP didn't.
This thread is shit, OP is shit.
>>
>>44688141
>this is what americans really think
>>
File: armymen.jpg (79KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
armymen.jpg
79KB, 400x500px
>>44679110
>paying 140 for a piece of plastic

I just can never see myself paying this much for a few pieces of plastic. Honestly, I would pay maybe 20 bucks for a box of minis, no more then that.

Fuck man, I can go to the dollar store and buy an entire bag of green army men for a fucking dollar. Then I can get tan armies for another dollar and have a huge battle.

I have seen friends go broke playing this game. Don't get me wrong it is fun but fuck man.
>>
>>44688211
I'm not american, dipshit.

Create your own money symbol and money name, instead of losing time fucking dingos.
>>
>>44688296
I'm not australian mr burger
>>
>>44688296
>implying the dollar symbol isn't Spaniard in origin, like the name dollar, coming from the reales de a ocho than were the defacto coin of a good chunck of the world.
The burgers are the ones copycating everything.
>>
File: GW-deals.jpg (491KB, 976x2412px) Image search: [Google]
GW-deals.jpg
491KB, 976x2412px
>>44679110
Here's the AoS skull fortress package compared to a similarly priced 40k terrain package.
>>
>>44688345
Then you are admitting you are a fucking troll.
You are just happy with this shit threads made for the sole purpose of baiting people, and you defend them.

I didn't needed to insult you for your provenience.
You already proven you are an idiot.
>>
The Australian prices are probably high because of the Australian governments protectionist tarriffs and other import laws designed to "defend" local industry from evil countries trying to steal their business by letting you buy their products from overseas.

It seems very unlikely that these prices are caused directly by Games Workshop, as their prices are not so wildly inflated in other countries that they export to, like Canada, the US, or anywhere else in Europe.
>>
File: UraffUroose.png (218KB, 818x588px) Image search: [Google]
UraffUroose.png
218KB, 818x588px
>>44679110
Not this shit again. It's overpriced because no ones playing it so they need to charge more to make up for that. Don't worry OP I give it two years.
>>
>>44688372
>implying when people speak of "dollars" and "$", they don't automatically assume american dollars because it's one of the most common currencies.
>implying australian economy have any kind of relevance

Is writing "Australian" too hard?
Is it really sooo hard, you can't possibly do it?
Are you that mentally incapacitated?
>>
>>44688484
I believe if they made the pieces cheaper, more people would play. That price tag is a deal breaker for many people.
>>
>>44688522
>dropping the price on luxury consumer goods

Don't devalue them, anon.
>>
>>44688555
>290 dollars is a good price to pay
>50 dollars for ONE figure

It keeps me and many others away from the hobby. If they sold more it would grow in popularity. It may be a niche audience but does it have to be? Privateer press uses actual metals and their pieces are way cheaper.
>>
Glad I grew out of this years ago. At least in my day metal miniatures felt valuable. Placcy shit was the bargain basement option, not the standard.
>>
>>44688695
Anoooon, that's not how economics works. Cheaper price means it's a shitty product and nobody will want to buy it. And people who did buy it will feel bad about their purchases. Didn't you listen to anything what Kirby has said?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.