[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dwarves are Gaelic-Norse white people right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: party_dwarf_by_capprotti-d47g5pt.jpg (58KB, 1075x1500px) Image search: [Google]
party_dwarf_by_capprotti-d47g5pt.jpg
58KB, 1075x1500px
Dwarves are Gaelic-Norse white people right?
>>
>>44671159
Depends on setting
>>
No, Dwarves are fictional creatures faggot.
>>
Mine are Poles/West Russians
>>
>>44671159
If the Gaelic-Norse are dwarves, then what is the average height in your setting? 10 feet?
>>
Also jewish
>>
>>44671603
Name one setting besides The Hobbit where this actually applies.

I'm pretty sure, despite even what Tolkien himself said, they are not an intended allegory for the Jewish people. Besides their language kinda sounding like hebrew (alphabet is norse) and their calender, connections besides these two obscure details you'd have a hard time finding more vivid paralells besides perhaps general themes. Even in the interview where he said it Tolkien prefaced by saying "he never intended for it". The guy was notorious for hating allegory and venhemently denied that he wanted the reader to take away any kind of allegorical subtext when reading his books. The dude wasn't an antisemite and that interview is taking pretty wildly out of context
>>
>>44672598
>Name one setting besides The Hobbit where this actually applies.
Eberron
>>
>>44671159

If you've got no imagination and are prepared to play out every last tired Generic Fantasy trope to the letter, sure.

Last Dwarf I played was an old Dwarven opera singer who talked like a Thespian (the British actors, not the ancient Greeks) and only drank fine fortified wines.
>>
>>44672639
How?
>>
>>44671159
No, Dwarves are not real.
>>
>>44672598
The Witcher
>>
>>44671159
I prefer to think of them as Southerners from the United States.
>>
>>44672598
In the witcher they are extremely jewish.
>>
>>44671159
No, just Irish.
>>44673322
The elf complex is real.
>>
I kind of like Russian Dwarves.

If you feel like being a real special snowflake, then Turkic dwarves with Tengri-based religion- focusing on the Earthmother instead of the Skyfather, of course- are pretty cool too. Make 'em matriarchal thereby and you have yourself a cool little race.
>>
>>44674764
Sumerian dwarves or bust
>>
Italian
>>
>Jewish Dwarves
>East Asian Elves
>Mongol Orcs
>Native American/Mesoamerican beast races
>Indian Gnomes
>Cockney/Scottish/Welsh Tieflings
>Slav Drow
>>
>>44672598
Short and squat, big noses, loves gold and wealth, greedy to a fault, stern beliefs, rules for facial hair, hairy women, always have their own gods because they can't even share beliefs.
Dwarves probably promote orc/elf/human crossbreeding, but do you see any rules for half-dwarf? I thought not.
>>
>>44671159
Going by Tolkien, they're the good Germans and the industrialist Scottish and/or Irish and/or British peoples.
By contrast, Hobbits are the farming Scottish, Irish, and British peoples.

They're incorruptible, but their greed still leads to their own misfortunes in the future. They're standoffish, but once you have their respect you'll be like family.
They've got a strong social hierarchy, but don't look down on the lower classes while still having a silent dignity.
>>
>>44672598
>>44675045

Tolkien actually outright stated that the Elves are the Jews, as the chosen people of god. He said he may have accidentally used the Jewish stereotypes for Dwarves, but Dwarves were not supposed to be Jewish at all.
>>
File: Rikus.jpg (80KB, 456x660px) Image search: [Google]
Rikus.jpg
80KB, 456x660px
>>44675045
>but do you see any rules for half-dwarf?

It's called a Mul
>>
>>44675098
Maybe Tolkien should have known how real life races act and are stereotyped before trying to add political undertones to his writing.
>>
How about AZTEC-THEMED DWARFS!

Whoa fuck, I'm so creative! Can you guys handle this much? lol
>>
>>44671159
Well, before they collectively zero-summed, they were kinda Mesopotamian. They tried to build a giant robot god, who was also a tower, but failed...

...kinda like the Babylonians...
>>
>>44675176
He never intended to
>>
File: 1435244986529.gif (46KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1435244986529.gif
46KB, 225x225px
>>44675185
I'm glad the Mesopotamians failed. Having a giant robot god would be kinda scary.
>>
>>44675176
The only political undertones are that power when not directly given by god is always bad, industrialism is the pursuit of power, and smoke weed erryday.
>>
>>44675224
>he'll never confess to writing dwarves as jew stereotypes.
ftfy
>>
>>44675331
Tolkien actually thought Jews were really awesome.
All devout Christians are supposed to.

Did you know the biggest supporters of Israel in the US are southern Baptists? American Jews support Israel's right to exist, but as a group disagree strongly with zionist politics and don't support West Bank settlement.
>>
>>44675784
>people who killed your prophet
>awesome
>>
File: Yaroslav.png (190KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
Yaroslav.png
190KB, 600x849px
>>44674764
My nigga!
>>
Dwarves are all Gimli clones, they're boring as fuck and don't exist in any of my homebrew settings.
>>
Dwarves are Jews.

/thread
>>
>>44672598
Discworld
>>
>>44677613
Sounds like you're just not creative enough to make anything else.
>>
dwarves are all turks, so as to better do better with my magyar pig orcs
just kidding. random fantasy race + random real world culture is absolute trash
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.