[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Villain tropes you adore. Pic related; slowly singing otherwise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 20

File: mqdefault.jpg (25KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
25KB, 320x180px
ITT: Villain tropes you adore.
Pic related; slowly singing otherwise happy tunes in such a way it's creepy. Also murdering to happy tunes
>fucking murdering and eating two radio hosts to Video Killed The Radio Star, brilliant
>>
>>44670981
>If we make it out of here alive, I'm going to rock his four foot world.

Why does this turn me on?
>>
>>44671158
Are you a small, buff, bald man?
>>
>>44671158
Because earnest love expressed in a casual fashion is perfect.
>>
File: roybatty.jpg (23KB, 511x340px) Image search: [Google]
roybatty.jpg
23KB, 511x340px
>>44670981

Pic related is basically a checklist of my all time favorite villainous tropes.
>>
>>44670981

That's shit

May as well wear a fedora
>>
>>44671158
because it's implied she really, really wants to and can't fucking wait

She's horny. Which is hot.
>>
>>44671158
To me it was the way she said "rock"
>>
>>44671158
Because they're implying she's actually legitimately into Krillin in their continuity?
>>
>>44671158
Because it's clearly not a pity fuck. She seems like she's really, honestly, sincerely attracted to him.
>>44671821
18's actress is the smoky to Tien's gravelly.
>>
>>44670981
>Protagonist has a unique power
>Villain is revealed to have the same power, and he's better at it.
>>
File: KrillinBU01.png (170KB, 270x351px) Image search: [Google]
KrillinBU01.png
170KB, 270x351px
>>44671296
>>44671322
>>44671732
>>44671821
>>44671859
>>44671863
Would you a Krillin?
>>
>>44670981
I think they're starting to overdo the "villain sings a creepy song" thing myself. But then again I think they're overdoing a lot of their running jokes. Seems like each new episode is 80% call backs.

I mean I used to rip on DBZ Abridged for ripping off jokes from old seasons of The Simpsons, but in retrospect I have say that was better than them ripping of old episodes of DBZ Abridged.

...still the best damn web series on the net, mind you.
>>
>>44671899
Fucking Chapter Black, man
>>44671944
>short jacked shaolin nun
Sure. Maybe.
>>
>>44671947

Eh, it's 90% just Cell and it seems to be his Thing.

It's just we've gone through multiple versions of Cell because the Cell Saga is long and involved.
>>
>>44670981
>Pic related; slowly singing otherwise happy tunes in such a way it's creepy. Also murdering to happy tunes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDACj0tkD-s
>>
One of my favorite kind of villains is a villain who's just evil. One of my favorite villains in film is Maleficent, because she gets snubbed on a party invitation and then curses an infant with death over it. It's such an over the top mob boss esque "don't fuck with me".

>>44670981
https://youtu.be/jRXQsQKGqIU
>>
>>44671944
I wonder how they'll approach Krillin growing his hair back out.
Whether it'll be a getting laid joke, or if they'll actually refer to Dragonball where he openly said he shaved his head because "All great martial artists shave their heads, right Master Roshi?" only to learn that Roshi is just bald.
>>
I love when the villain has a point, and their evil deeds are really just good intentions taken to extremes.
It's overdone as fuck, I know, but I'll never tire of it.
>>
>>44671944
>Krillin does not have a visible nose, however, he seems to be able to smell until someone mentions it (like Goku during the 21st World Martial Arts Tournament): he smells the diamond Bulma took from the Pirate Cave, and he smells the enticing trap meal in the Mirror spaceship. In the Dragon Ball: Bouken Special, when asked why Krillin does not have a nose, Akira Toriyama responded "Krillin has a physical idiosyncrasy that allows him to breathe through his skin."

So when will we have Krillin dressed as Quiet dancing in the rain?
>>
>>44672408
There may have been an actual reason once upon a time, but Akira Toriyama is notorious for just forgetting shit. For example, all the Androids had names besides their numbers. But he forgot to tell anyone. Also he tends to forget characters.
>>
>>44672408
>>44672744
I don't think there's a logic behind it; he just probably looked weird with a nose in concept art, and better without one, so they decided for purely aesthetic reasons he shouldn't have one.
I mean that whole breathing through his skin thing just sounds fucking retarded.
>>
>>44672744
Toriyama has forgotten more about Dragonball then most of us will ever know. Eiichiro Oda once did an interview with him, talking about this one moment in Dragonball that he thought was the coolest shit ever and really inspired him as a creator and Toriyama's reaction was basically "Did I do that?"
>>
>>44672744
>>44672859
Holy shit am I Akira Toriyama?
>>
>>44672888
Has anyone ever seen you and Akira Toriyama in the same room together?
>>
>>44672912
No. Come to think of it I don't even know what Akira Toriyama looks like.
>>
>>44671944
If I was 18? Sure, why not.

18's not into overwhelming physical strength and asskickery or whatever. She's got power in spades. She was also a delinquent runaway taken in and forcibly experimented on by a mad scientist.

What Krillin represents in a partner is stability, nobility, and decency. He's the closest thing to an actual, functioning, responsible adult in the main cast, and he's still willing to throw down with shit way outside of his weight class because goddammit it's the right thing to do. That's admirable.

Considering her strengths and her needs, he's a pretty good match for her.
>>
>>44672948
>"He is so cool."
>>
>>44670981
A known-to-be-terrifying villian's entrance, the kind where you know you're fucked and just waiting to see how you'll die, and they start their speech with something disarmingly unrelated.

Off the top of my head, that one "sunny days" page in Goblins.
>>
>>44672990
Yup.

In Resurrection F he flies off to fight Frieza even though he knows A) he's almost certainly going to die and B) his wife is much stronger than he is, not because she's the woman and is weak and needs protecting, but because he doesn't trust anyone else to protect their daughter, and their daughter needs her mother.

Krillin is a good man.
>>
Krillin love thread? Krillin love thread.

He also became a cop because if there's one person who knows about the proper responsibility of using their powers, it's a guy trained to be a martial artist by a master who's all about restraint and not getting too big for your breeches too soon.

Also fucker is just straight up immune to getting shot. Krillin is basically a one man SWAT team that works as a beat cop.
>>
>>44673083
Been a while since I read Goblins, care to jog my memory?
>>
>>44672155
To be fair, not inviting her was HELLA rude.
>>
>>44673083
I think I'm gonna go kill myself because all I can think of is
>It's a beautiful day.
>Birds are singing, the sun is shining...

That and
>-agh, these pretzels suck-
>>
>>44671859
They got married and had a kid in the show.
We all make fun of him.
But he's the real winner.
>>
>>44671947
It's Cell's gimmick, and they've handled it perfectly. Each introduction of each form has a song associated with it, and each somehow becomes more chilling as the song itself becomes more innocent.

The quiet sophistication in Perfect Cell's song about how he's going to murder everybody, ended with a simple "I'd like to say hello." was pitch-perfect.
>>
File: 1443193091532.gif (999KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1443193091532.gif
999KB, 500x250px
When they get beat by the protagonist and turn into a good guy/non evil rival so you can see them progress as along with the main characters.
It's a slightly overused trope at this point, but one that I'll never stop enjoying.
>>
>>44673596

Are you looking for this?

http://www.goblinscomic.org/06082012/
>>
>>44673722
Yes, that one. There are better examples, but it's the one that came to mind.
>>
File: 1432902449203.gif (690KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1432902449203.gif
690KB, 200x150px
>>44673672
Well, yeah, it's overused, but that's because when done right the associated character is one of, if not the best in their series.
>Kaiba
>Vegeta
>Zuko
>Vergil
>To a lesser extent, Kakyoin and Polnareff in JoJo Part 3
>Satsuki Kiryuuin, minus the protagonist actually beating them
A good redemption arc/face turn is THE shit.
>>
>>44673218
It's an incredibly small moment, but either post-Namek or pre-Androids Krillin is firing a Kamehameha into the ocean and reflects on just how underclassed he is for everything that's going to come. He and Master Roshi sort of share a moment acknowledging how power has moved beyond his age, and that Krillin is still going to do whatever he can for his friends.

It's a rare moment of introspection and humility that I really enjoyed, since the fighting doesn't do anything for me.
>>
>>44673655
Yeah. My point was that in the original continuity, her kissing him that one time seemed like more of a lark, and the rest of the time she didn't really indicate any interest. All their attraction and romance happened off-screen in between sagas, and it kind of made things come off like hooking up with the hottest female character thus far was his consolation for getting chumped so often.
>>
>>44672155
It wasn't just that in the Disney film. She was prepared to be merciful until one of the faries insulted her to her face.

This is the thing: invite ALL the fairies or NONE.
>>
File: 1449852217843.jpg (103KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1449852217843.jpg
103KB, 850x850px
>>44671944
I'd much rather a Cell
>>
>>44674575
Is that femboy cell, or R63 cell?
>>
>>44674668
It seems to have proper tits there in between the arm and the side of the torso.
>>
>>44674310
I'm really impressed that the abridged crew actually made me care about the androids, especially 17 whom I pretty sure I forgot about as soon as he got eaten.
>>
>>44673141
Funny enough, in DB Super when Beerus shows up to Bulma's bday party, 18 fights and Krillin stays back because "his wife is stronger than him".
>>
File: xykon[1].png (163KB, 473x473px) Image search: [Google]
xykon[1].png
163KB, 473x473px
>>44670981
>ITT: Villain tropes you adore.
I really love the "just because" villains. They aren't angsty, they don't have any underlying motivations, their mommy didn't beat them when they were little, they weren't raped, they aren't misunderstood geniuses. They are just really fucking strong and enjoy being strong, so they do evil shit because they can get away with it.

And when you finally kill them, do they beg for mercy? Do they cry? Do they curse you and spit on you? Of course not. Their dying words are probably something among the lines of "That was so much fun!" or GOOD LUCK I'M BEHIND SEVEN PHYLACTRIES
>>
File: 1447680983012.jpg (567KB, 851x2819px) Image search: [Google]
1447680983012.jpg
567KB, 851x2819px
>>44671944
Of course I would an inexplicably strong bald manlet.

t. Genos.
>>
>>44674980
Abridged is better than the real show
>>
>>44675454

That got a good chuckle out of me.
>>
>>44675454
>I'm not a robot
>he pauses
>>
>>44673952
To be fair, Zuko was ALWAYS going to end up turning to good. As soon as you learned how he got his scar, you knew he was going to be a protagonist eventually.
>>
>>44675970
>4chan Pass users can bypass this verification.
I had no idea that was intended as an accessibility measure for cyborgs.
>>
>>44672155
>Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star
>Dead Space version

That scene in chapter 10, when you walk into that one deck room, and all the survivors have committed ritual suicide, there are candles everywhere... and this song is playing in the background, so quietly that you can only barely hear it without turning your volume up nearly painfully high.

The levels of nope in that one room, by itself, were astronomical.
>>
>>44675200
>"just because" villains
Sad thing is that they're so hard to do right. Xykon's a good example, but there are just so few others that, "A good villain with their only motivation being, 'just because,'" may as well not exist.
>>
>>44673218
Is.. Is Krillin basically Superman in DBZ?
>>
>>44677502
I just listened to that song again, after not playing Dead Space for, probably, a year and a half.
My asshole chewed a hole through my chair.
>>
>>44677706
I think that was the intended reaction. Something so scary, and yet so memorable, that, even years later, you hear it, and your ass just clenches out of sheer instinctual fear.
>>
>>44677682
If superman had people stronger than him, then maybe.
>>
>>44677574
Well, some interpretations of the Joker fit.
>>
>>44677682
More like Captain Marvel in a world with some Superman-tier Kryptonians with flawed personalities.
>>
>>44677834
I think the hallmark for The Joker, as a, "just because," villain was the TAS version.

Everything was just a joke to him, and he was just waiting for a punchline that no one else ever got, because it took his special brand of crazy to even realize that it was there.
>>
>>44670981
I'll admit, I like "Bosses"
That big rich douchebag in the suit with a cigar most of the game, then he rips off his shirt and he's fucking +5 STR.
>>
>>44677929
Don't forget the corporate puns
>tfw he tells you that you're fired before throwing you into the sun
>>
>>44673566
>>44674348
>inviting the fae into your house
>ever
>>
>>44678394
>Failing to show proper hospitality to one of the Fair Folk
>>
>>44672343
>Whether it'll be a getting laid joke, or if they'll actually refer to Dragonball where he openly said he shaved his head because "All great martial artists shave their heads, right Master Roshi?" only to learn that Roshi is just bald.
I thought he shaved his head because he's a Buddhist monk.
>>
>>44678394
>get benevolent fae
>piss them off
YOU HAD ONE JOB
>>
>>44672859
Oda's also fucking nuts
Can Luffy's dick stretch too?
>Yes.
Can Jozu's dick turn to diamond too?
>Yes.
How can Zoro talk with a sword in his mouth?
>He's speaking WITH HIS HEART
>>
>>44672948
>18 is attracted to the beta male
Vegeta said it, not me
>>
>>44678445
>Oda makes a joke at the beginning of the series about that guy with the green afro who's stuck in a treasure chest. 10 fucking years later he makes a pun about him, a joke he set up an entire decade ago
>a fucking decade to make a pun

Based ODAAAAAAA
>>
File: Thank god we're incompetent.png (310KB, 440x336px) Image search: [Google]
Thank god we're incompetent.png
310KB, 440x336px
Isn't Krillin like the strongest human in DBZ. not including Mr. Satan
everyone I can think of that is stronger than him is either alien, part alien, or a cyborg/android.
I don't think Tien or Chiaotzu are really human or stronger than the Krillmaster.

On topic: I like it when the Villain screws up or at least makes their end goal harder to achieve
>Wanting the dragon balls and ending up killing Piccolo or Kami before you get your wish
>Letting that one escape pod go because there are no life signs on board
>Desiring ultimate power to conquer the world, achieves the power part that either kills them or enlightens them to not desire material things anymore.
It feels like these things would come up more often in a Evil PCs campaign.
>>
>>44677929
>inb4 college football

>inb4 cushy Ivy league

>inb4 UNT

Senators, amirite?
>>
>>44677893
I like Mumbles' interpretation of him during a brief conversation on Spoiler Warning.
Paraphrasing her, the "joke" of Joker is that it seems like what he does is effortless, but like anyone else who is one of the best at something, he actually tries really hard. He works harder than every other Batvillain to appear a certain way and to get Batman's attention.
The conversation itself was about the Joker in the Suicide Squad movie, and how Mumbles feels it makes perfect sense for him to look like Riff Raff: Joker, at the time of his debut, dressed in a purple zoot suit - he was trying too hard. Joker, at the time of Suicide Squad's premiere, will look like Riff Raff - he is trying too hard.
>>
>>44678527
>Desiring ultimate power to conquer the world, achieves the power part that either kills them or enlightens them to not desire material things anymore.
Kek

>Find the ultimate power
>Desire to use it to conquer the world
>The power enlightens you
>You detach yourself from the physical world and suffering
>You became the Buddha
>You are now a Neutral Good NPC who is rumored ot have immense power but never uses it
>De facto you're an overhyped questgiver
>>
>>44673952
>Vegeta
And Tien. And Piccolo.
>>44676632
And just like Vegeta, he backslid into villainy, and it's one of the best moments of either series.
>>
>>44674980
Well we know things about 17 that don't matter to the story but makes him seem like a real person.
>likes driving, prefers trucks
>likes the idea of road trips and being outdoors
>wants to be a park ranger
>doesn't really give a shit about Goku, he's just bored
>likes cheesy attacks
His reactions to Hellzone Grenade and 16's Rocket Punch are basically all you need to knwo about him.
>>
>>44678527
Tien is in fact human. You'd have to ask Toriyama who's stronger though.
>>
>>44678527
I really liked Hao in Shaman King.
>literally the most powerful shaman in the world
>no seriously guys we might as well quit the tournament now, he's going to win
>let's kill him in his sleep before he becomes God and kills all non-shamans
>TOO LATE WE GOD NOW
>>
>>44678672
Nigga's shoulders too big to be human.

Plus, third eye and he hangs out with a shitty discount vampire.

Also, he knows geometry, the fuck kind of real human bean knows geometry? Let alone ADVANCED GEOMETRY!
>>
File: neo tri beam.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
neo tri beam.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>44678705
>third eye
Third Eye clan nigga
This is how the Shin Kikoho works, btw
>>
>>44678545
>Joker as a try-hard
This works almost too well. For the era they appear in, they have a similar kind of impact. Whether it's a zoot suit, or bare chest and tattoos, they're both memorable, and not necessarily in a good way.

The way they act does the rest.
>>
>>44678739
>Third Eye clan nigga

But he's asian, not black.
>>
>>44678748
I mean look at all the other villains and why they do what they do.
Two Face has this twisted idea of justice and wants to enact it.
Poison Ivy is no longer human and wants to kill humans for exploiting plants I hate people who make stoner jokes about her, she'd hate you for burning an innocent plant just to get high - if anything, she'd be the girl who never eats her veggies and always eats tons of meat
Catwoman is a kleptomaniac.
Penguin is a mobster.
The Riddler is the closest to Joker in motive, he HAS to prove he's the smartest. But as Mumbles pointed out, Riddler always cheats when it looks like Batman is about to win. Joker always lets Batman have the win, because that just means he gets to play again tomorrow.
>>
>>44678419
That's why he initially shaved his head, but he got kicked out of his monastery. The reason he kept shaving his head was to be like Master Roshi, who then said "Nope, naturally bald."
>>
>>44678394
WELL he already invited some, might as well go full force otherwise Sleeping Beauty happens. And Maleficent didn't deserve to die.
>>
>>44679350
fuck fictional revisionism
>>
>>44673952

>Vegeta

Motherfucker became the best character in DBZ, I'm glad Goku told Krillen not to kill him.
>>
>Get dragonballs
>Wish for immortality
>Wait a year
>Get dragonballs again
>Wish for all the power and abilities of the Saiyan elite
>Get your ass kicked until you're Freiza levels of power
>Do fuck all with it
>Have those asshole Z fighters show up all the time to drag you off to fight aliens and attend BBQ's
>That asshole Yamcha crashed on my couch and won't leave
>>
>>44679684

>not wishing Yamcha out of existence when you get the dragonballs a third time

You dun goofed son
>>
>>44671947
>best Web series
>not dub of the north star

RIP
>>
>>44679986
But Yamcha's useful as a measuring stick. How quickly does he die?
>>
>>44680055
Maybe if it was still going!
>>
>>44680055

Is there even anything good on aside from DBZ abridged and, I guess yu gi oh abridged?
>>
>>44679684
>get a best bro who does the same
>go into hyberbolic time chamber
>spend a year beating the everloving crap out of each other
>leave being close enough the strongest people on the goddamned planet
>wait a week to see just how strong you actually are
>DO IT AGAIN
>we gods now boys
>>
>>44680125

>spend all your time playing vidya and robbing banks
>>
File: HELP.jpg (606KB, 456x628px) Image search: [Google]
HELP.jpg
606KB, 456x628px
>>44680058
You ever stop and think about how much Yamcha must hate Goku. Vegeta, and him self?
In Dragon Ball he was this big tough manly man and was dating Bulma
Then in Dragon Ball Z he gets punked out in the first fucking arc
His girl friend dumps him and starts dating the guy that killed him (and they had two kids together)
and worst of all, his much younger friend, Goku, has surpassed him as literally every level and hes barely a cliff note on ALL of their adventures.
I mean, yeah the same thing happened to Tien and Chaiotzu, but at least they are like, weird monk people who don't give a shit about anything. And Tien can hold his own in a fight.

Just think about that.
Remember that joke about Yamcha killing him self in the abridged series?
Its a fucking wonder that didn't happen in the real show... did it? My memory is hazy.
>>
>>44680104
HBI2K's Vision of Escaflowne Abridged. HBI2K's Berserk Abridged. Screw it, let's just say all of HBI2K's old, finished abridged series.
>>
File: 12312313.jpg (34KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
12312313.jpg
34KB, 800x445px
>>44679684
Hey. You be nice to Yamcha.
Poor guy had a hard life.
>>
>>44680269
They need to do something with him. Maybe have him make a shitty dragonball wish like above and make him stupid powerful and have him go back to his bandit ways across the galaxy.
>>
>>44680367
Billion dollar idea for a movie
Yamcha loses his shit, steals the dragonballs and wishes to be as strong as Gogeta or something.

Theres an idea.
>>
File: the lord has come.png (259KB, 337x334px) Image search: [Google]
the lord has come.png
259KB, 337x334px
>>44680055
Oh god, thank you for letting me know about this.
>>
>>44680402
Shenron can only provide as mouch power as he himself possesses, which I assume to be the same as the one powering him or who created him, so that means he's either as strong as Piccolo, or Kami, or the nameless fag who first arrived to Erf.

So Yamcha would be able to maybe make himself as strong as Piccolo at best.

Instead if he wished for immortality and then took the Black Star balls onto a wasteland planet and wished for UNLIMITED POWAAAHHHH then he may get somewhere.
>>
>>44680533
>Black Star balls
THOSE ARE NOT FUCKING CANON.
>>
>>44678525
Brian Celvinger did if first.
>>
>>44680584

Kitten calm down how did you get into a dbz thread?
>>
>>44680402
>Finds the dragon balls
>Bulma notices with the dragon radar
>Everyone runs out to intercept as the blip moves towards the last one
>They arrive, and it's fucking Yamcha
>He's summoning the dragon
>Everyone's a little bit non-plussed, asks him what he thinks he's doing
>Doesn't react, swats Goku's hand away as he walks up and tries to put his hand on his shoulder
>Dragon shows up
>Everyone's kinda freaking out a bit
>Goku starts trying to stop him without hurting him
>Solar Flare
>Piddliest trick in the book
>Also the only way he was ever getting to do this without Goku jobbing him
>Points at Goku and Vegeta
>"I want to be strong enough to be a match for those two!"
>Krillin, standing near the back, has his jaw drop as he wonders why he never thought to try to do that

>>44680533
>Dragon looks at Goku and Vegeta, balks a bit
>Says that's outside of his ability
>Yamcha yells, "I don't care, everyone that hears my name assumes that I'm a disappointment! Just make me as strong as you can!"
>"Your wish has been granted!"
>>
File: lizard.png (67KB, 192x187px) Image search: [Google]
lizard.png
67KB, 192x187px
>>44680618
Alright, correct my logic if I am wrong, if you would.
The Dragon is only as strong as the Guardian of Earth, right?
So... he'd be as strong as Denda?
>>
>>44680685

To be fair thats like 20 times stronger than he is now.
>>
>>44680685
Yes, and he can only do things his creator could do. So if someone wished on Guru's balls to be made as strong as he could it would be like having Guru unlock their potential multiplied, since Guru was probably stronger when he first made the balls.
>>
>>44680685
The Dragon is only as powerful as whoever made the Dragonballs that summoned it.
Shenron 1 was only as strong as Kami.
Porunga was only as strong as The Guru.
Shenron 2 is only as strong as Dende.
I kind of wish Dende had his own dragon
>>
>>44680806
If you want to get technical, there was a point where there was a Shenron 1.5, who would have been as strong as Super Kami Piccolo
I think.
>>
>>44680845
Dragonballs disappeared when Piccolo fused with Kami, since Kami (as the weaker partner in a Namekian fusion) no longer existed. They didn't have them again until Dende made more.
>>
>>44680845
No, because they fused the balls became inactive as Kami was no longer a thing. Now if it worked like it does in DBZA, they may have stayed active, but that is a different line of thinking entirely.
>>
File: WHY.jpg (10KB, 256x200px) Image search: [Google]
WHY.jpg
10KB, 256x200px
>>44680884
Did they?
Its been a long time since I watch the real show, forgive me.
>>
>>44680685
Or whoever the person who originally made the statue was. If I remember right, that was either Kami, Kami's predecessor, or Mr. Popo.
>>
>>44680972
>Dragon is as powerful as Mr. Popo
Would explain why the Shadow Dragons were so strong.
>>
>>44681016
It has been a long time since I have watched the original DBZ, but where does everyone calling mr popo super strong come from?
>>
>>44680885
>Now if it worked like it does in DBZA
DBZA has the same rules as the show. Piccolo had to drop the bomb on the rest of the group when realized it in hindsight:
>we'll just wish them back with the dragonballs
>UHHHHHH
>oh what now?
>remember how I fused with Kami?
>and remember how we used to have dragonballs?
>>44680924
It's more of an aspect of the fusion than it is the Dragonballs themselves. In Namekian fusion, the weaker party is simply absorbed into the stronger with no superficial changes and acts as a permanent stat boost. Kami and Nail both ceased to exist as soon as they fused with Piccolo.
>>44680972
Kami did it.
>>
>>44681077
Abridged.
>>
>>44681077
Either a running joke from DBZA where he's basically the strongest around but gives absolutely zero fucks
Or the fact that he seemed to have no trouble handling a pair of (admittedly child) Super Saiyans
>>
>>44673141
>>44673218

Based Bald Bro.
It's such a shame when talking about DBZ with anyone in person. They always say Goku or Vegeta is the best because they're super strong, and give literal negative fucks for every other character.
>>
>>44681085
So, Yamcha becomes as strong as a young Kami. Pretty good increase in power for him, not very good for anyone else.
>>
>>44673218
Let's not forget that Krillin, despite his low power level, can consistently threaten and dismember much stronger enemies with his signature technique. Krillin was a proper martial arts master, where everything Goku did was what somebody else had taught him (backed up by copious raw power, of course).
>>
>>44673655
rule of Dragonball-in order to have a happy ending at least one romantic partner has to be a reformed villain
>>
>>44673458
I think he's talking about the page right before everything gets really sad.
>>
>>44681157
Vegeta is the closest the series gets in Z to having a real person.
>isn't the best
>tries to be the best
>fails
>succumbs to personal weakness
>inner conflict and turmoil
>gets suckered by others into acting against their own best interests because they appealed to psychological hang-ups
>gets it right for a while
>backslides into bad behavior
>gets a wake-up call, comes back swinging
Compare that to Goku, who basically never has any kind of actual character growth.
>>44681211
Problem with the Kienzan is 1) the two villains after the android saga could regenerate, and 2) Beers would most likely tank it like he does everything else because DUDE GOD KI LMAO
>>44681221
DB got three
>Vegeta
>18
>Chi-chi
>>
>>44681198
The problem with that, which could be explored in such a movie, is that Tien and Krillin are most likely way stronger than Dende already, and they didn't need some dragon to give them power. They made their power, they earned it.
Movie ends after a year of Yamcha being a dick about his newfound strength, capitalizing on it as much as possible, then wishing it away so he can get it the honest way
>>
>>44680269
In Dragon Ball, Yamcha THOUGHT he was the big tough manly man.
He kicked goku's ass easy, only to find out Goku was almost starved to death at the time. After Goku ate a meal, Yamcha was too scared to fight him fair.
After seeing Bulma butt naked several times (seriously Toriyama loved drawing her nude back then), he got over his fear of women, and Bulma fell for him.
When Goku was fighting the Red Ribbon Army, Yamcha was crashing at Bulma's place in the city, and cheated on her, it's implied he cheated on her several times too.
She dumped his ass after that.

Yamcha pined for her still, but she wasn't having it, there were times it seemed like they might get back together again though.
He also got his ass kicked in every martial arts tournament, including Tien shattering his leg bones.

Yamcha has always been a punk bitch, but that's okay.

In DBZ he was a pro baseball player, a rockstar, and then invested his money so wisely that he probably has more money than the Briefs family.

It's easy to think of Yamcha as suffering since DBZ Budokai 3 introduced that alternate storyline where he musters up the courage to fight SSJ2 Vegeta for Bulma's love, and TFS constantly make him out to be this suffering pathetic guy, but really Yamcha's strength was never fighting, and by the cell saga he had not only learned that but made the most of it.
>>
>>44681345
OH MAN WE DOIN DEEP CHARACTER ANALYSIS ON DBZ
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LT2PwQKTePyAPNHh7myNZ2TC1R0gMt74H8mnLxdSH9g/pub
>>
>>44675200
Except Xykon's reason is entirely based around having something to prove, and hating being looked down on.

He was perfectly happy to use his powers as a facet of his meager living, until he was looked down upon, and then that repeated over his life, each time with him rising to another scale.
>>
>>44679684
This could actually be Whis' backstory.
>>
>>44681345
Where the fuck does it say Yamcha is super rich?
I JUST watched Battle of Gods like, two days ago and no one ever mentions Yamcha being loaded.
Also, no where on the wiki does it mention him being a rock star or having invested his money wisely. You sure that wasn't DBZA?
>>
>>44681468
>that one interview where someone asked how strong Beerus is
>"SSG Goku is like a 4, Beerus is a 10
>"and Whis is a 15"
>>
>>44681345

Funniest damn thing was in DBZ Infinte World aka Budokai 4 Yamcha was the best character in the game
>>
>>44680269
Yamcha never really put a whole lot of effort into the whole "Z fighter" thing. He was a guy that learned a powerful technique when he was young, but couldn't be assed to do much more. After he loses to Tien in the World Martial Arts Tournament he seems to drop all pretense of being a martial artist at all - he uses his Ki powers to become a baseball star and sleeps around a lot.

So why the hell does he even show up to the fight in Z? I think it's because, deep down, he WANTS to be like the others, even though he never puts any of the work in to be like them. Frankly, he's a poser, and gets exactly what he should expect every time he dies. Luckily for him he seems to figure out that he doesn't belong on the front line and stops showing up as much more than a spectator.

I like how the Abridged Series portrays the rest of the cast as being annoyed with him.
>>
>>44678536
He went to UT, not UNT. Completely unrelated schools located over 200 miles apart.
>>
>>44681574
Actually you're right, all the stuff about him having money and being successful was filler stuff Toriyama suggested for the Anime.

He's apparently tied for greatest cook in the DBZ universe though.
>>
>>44681077
Mr. Popo's canon has him able to do a lot of strange shit, being a genie. Things like eating energy attacks, being a good trainer for things up to Super Saiyan at least as >>44681111
mentioned, and probably more I don't know about.
>>
>>44681762
Isn't his canon that Mr. Popo is literally a god or some shit? As I recall theoretically he can do damn near anything, as long as it fits his role as caretaker of Kami's Lookout, which more or less says his power level and abilities are totally up to the plot.
>>
File: rad.jpg (54KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
rad.jpg
54KB, 500x738px
>>44681684
Thats a great way to put it anon.
>>
>>44681684

Did Yamcha even cheat on Bulma? I remember that Bulma thought he kissed that blonde fortune teller bitch, got mad and went off to find a new boyfriend.
>>
>>44681804
Again, I dunno. I just know a bit from Dragonball and later Dragonball Z. That said, he likely does qualify as a god, though considering this is Chinese and Japanese mythos, that could mean any number of things. Easiest way to think of it is probably that it's situational. On the Lookout, he's able to do what he needs to, off it, probably less so unless it would protect Kami or the Lookout.
>>
>>44681875
At the beginning of DBZ its implied he's been fooling around which is why they're on the rocks

Then he dies and Bulma moves on for a while
>>
>>44670981
The Boss has a busy schedule and could easily end the protagonists, but doing so would take too much time and they have places to be and things to do. That is why the heroes have to slog through peons until they become a big enough nuisance to get an appointment penciled in.
>>
>>44681916
for a while?
She has a kid with Vegeta.
>>
>>44681875
In the Anime it's heavily implied that Yamcha cheated on her at the start of Z.

According to the wiki, though I don't remember this, it may have been something in the manga I forgot, Future Trunks reveals that the reason Bulma dumped Yamcha for Vegeta is because Yamcha cheated on her.
>>
>>44681374
This is well made, I'm posting simply because you got no other replies.
>>
>DBZA lore replacing actual canon DBZ lore in the minds of fans
Glad I'm not the only one
>>44682005
It's a /tg/ original, multiple contributors
>>
File: make it stop.jpg (48KB, 446x422px) Image search: [Google]
make it stop.jpg
48KB, 446x422px
>>44682016
LINES BETWEEN REALITY AND FICTION ARE BEING ERASED
>>
>>44672859
To be fair on that, ODA NEVER FORGETS.
>>
>>44678445
Oda has a policy of never leaving a fan question unanswered, so he'll make one up on the spot if he has too.

What's amazing is that he usually remembers whatever he said.
>>
>>44681722
I'm so used to throwing the "N" in there I didn't even realize it, holy shit.

Fuck you, Nevada.
>>
File: When is a Door.jpg (187KB, 465x700px) Image search: [Google]
When is a Door.jpg
187KB, 465x700px
>>44678873
>Joker always lets Batman have the win, because that just means he gets to play again tomorrow.
Y'know, maybe it's just that I'm old fashioned, but I miss the days when Batman was FUN. I have to agree with the Riddler on this.
"We hung out together, down at the "What a Way to Go-Go.' It was great! And there were all these guys you never see anymore... King Tut. Book Worm. Marsha, Queen of Diamonds. Egg Head. Hoo Hoo. "sigh" Where did they all go? Batman and Robin were part of the fun. They were the straight men, but we were the stars. No one ever hurt anybody. Not really. Nobody died. You look around these days — It's all different. It's all changed. The Joker's killing people for God's Sake! Did I miss something? Was I away when they changed the rules?"
>>
File: Just a Tribeam.jpg (54KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Just a Tribeam.jpg
54KB, 500x375px
>>44680269
>the same thing happened to Tien and Chaiotzu
Bitch.
Please.
>>44680301
Kind of a shame he stopped, but I can respect his reasoning. Dude gave us three increasingly good series, and still gives us some damn good voice acting on the other projects he contributes to, so props to him.
And at least he FINISHED his independent stuff before stopping it, unlike Lani, who stopped abridging my second favorite shonen series of the '90s because of reasons.
>>
>>44678629
There will always be a special place in my heart for any character who's reaction to someone's "special attack" is to respond "What? That's so cool!" or similar.
>>
>>44680748
Emphasis is of course on "could" do, not what the creator is necessarily actually capable of doing. If it's within the theoretical limits of the creator, then the Dragon Balls can do it.

So, for example, Kami and Dende can't bring people back from the dead, BUT bringing people back from the dead is not beyond their power, so Shenron can do it.

>>44681077
He stalemated a couple of Saiyan kids at the same time in their Super Saiyan forms. While not as strong as the adults at that point, they were still notably stronger than either of their parents when they were the same age even before the kids went Super Saiyan, let alone after.

In a DBZ OVA, however, Goten and Trunks were both of them roughly equal to Abo and Cado, each of whom were stated to be as powerful as Frieza in his final form (120,000,000), and this after the kids underwent only halfhearted training during the Buu arc.
>>
>>44682679
Part of the problem is that, well, people started paying more attention.

Like, really? Early Batman kills people pretty often. Or at least does things that would totally kill a human being, and then moves on without looking at the results of his actions.

The line serves as a mirror of another part of The Riddler's monologues in that bit: The past isn't really the past. It's what it needs to be for right now. Riddler's backstory? Maybe he cheated at a spelling bee, maybe he didn't. Maybe he was a forensic scientist working with the GCPD, maybe he was a simple accountant.

Batman's reality is more fluid than most, and many of the characters, depending on the series, will be aware of that.

I do moderately agree, however, that Batman has gotten too dark for its own good. I mean, compare the Joker of The Dark Knight Returns, which is, sure, a murdering psychopath, and an evil son of a bitch, with the Joker of the New 52. At least the old joker ENJOYED his work. He (Spoilers for the Dark Knight Returns here) kills himself by deliberately severing a broken spinal column because he knows it's the best punchline he'll ever get: no one will trust Batman ever again.

I've often wanted to see some sort of cross-dimensional Joker meeting, and have an older, more carefree Joker chew out a newer one, because death's too easy of a punchline.
>>
>>44678527
>Isn't Krillin like the strongest human in DBZ

Fuck no. Tien is HNIC. While Krill was jobbing on Namek the other humans were levelling up on Kai's. He's also the only human that basically quit training while Tien, Yamcha and Chiaotzu all kept fighting on their farm.
>>
>>44671689
WANNA SEE ME DRINK THIS GUY?!
>>
>>44682797
He was doing DBZA.
Better than the zombie YGOA has become
>>
>>44682679
Joker always killed people though
Thread posts: 164
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.