[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that guy that shows up to play stoned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 31

File: 1421664264418.jpg (58KB, 468x423px) Image search: [Google]
1421664264418.jpg
58KB, 468x423px
>that guy that shows up to play stoned
>>
>>44669763
>that guy who's not getting invited back
>>
File: ugh.png (20KB, 1008x1008px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.png
20KB, 1008x1008px
>>44669763
>he didn't share
Motherfucker.
>>
File: 0131-1402777319317.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0131-1402777319317.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
What is you intention for this thread? You are not being clear. Do you want us to discuss game etiquette? Maybe deb8 /tg/'s resident stoners? Come on, give us a little bit more to work with than one line of greentext.
>>
>>44669763
I was talked into DMing for my roommates, once. They started drinking, got black out drunk, then acted like complete assholes.

Suffice to say that I refuse to DM for them anymore.
>>
File: jay.jpg (17KB, 473x333px) Image search: [Google]
jay.jpg
17KB, 473x333px
>>44669763
>tfw never done drugs
>>
One of our players always shows up and starts complaining about how tired he is, and how little he slept, sometimes even falling asleep. He seems to think it's funny. It's not
>>
File: vibrating person.jpg (16KB, 161x175px) Image search: [Google]
vibrating person.jpg
16KB, 161x175px
>live miles and miles away from game
>friend says he'll swing by and get me
>arrives to pick me up 1h after game start
>about halfway there it's clear that he's actually high out of his fucking mind and not just his usual weird flakey self
>mfw sitting there hoping not to die and dreading what's going to transpire at the table while we wait long periods of time for his already idiotic ingame antics every time his turn comes
>>
>>44669763
Man, playing while high would suck for everyone else. I was high on painkillers during a oral presentation last semester and we managed to ace it, but Jesus the group members were scared to death I would start fucking around too much.
>>
it only goes well if everybody does it. Even then, it goes bad.
>>
>>44669763
I have never played a game sober, either dming or playing, and ussually in a group of 5. Most of the time people smoke with me, a select few don't. Never gets in the way of the game and usually helps it. The only problem that it would cause is messing up the order in combat but I write that shit down now.
>>
>>44669763
Pin them in 90 seconds, get them out of the ring, and agree with the audience that THIS IS BULLSHIT!
>>
>>44669763

That guy has ruined more games than I care to remember.
>>
>>44669837
I have a friend in my group who started drinking because we began playing at his house. The opposite happened; it made him more docile and laid-back. I'm pretty okay with it, especially since I'm the one GMing currently.
>>
>>44669763

>that autist that starts throwing a tard tantrum whenever he smells skunk

You're no better.
>>
>>44670759
either we're all high or none of us are, faggot
>>
I DM for my group of five and I mix in edibles with the regular snacks. Pot cookies usually, but realistically anything that requires butter. Everyone is stoned by the time the game picks up in about an hour.

Makes for a better night honestly. I can't be bothered to deal with half these fucking guys when they're sober.
>>
>>44670690
Sting, go back to nursing your injuries
>>
I play in a few groups and it's always completely sober and I think this is usually a detriment.

A few of them drink or smoke weed elsewhere, I drink but don't smoke weed that often, but god damn it would help loosen people up so much.

It's always one teetotaller or abstainer who ruins it for everyone else. Everyone's sitting around awkwardly, too nervous to actually role-play, if only there was some kind of simple fix to relieve the tension...
>>
>>44669763
I don't give a shit if you smoke weed, what you do on your own time is your business. But if you're going to show up to a place with other people for any reasonable amount of time at least make the effort to not reek
>>
>>44670690
Underrated post
>>
>>44669763
Just call the police on him. Thats what I did. Turned out great dude got arrested, was later fired, and hasnt been our group since
>>
>>44671077
>at least make the effort to not reek

This is the main problem I have with weed.

Haven't expert drug breeders fixed this yet?

Someone can smoke tobacco and smell for a bit, but if they smoke weed, they absolutely stink all day.
>>
>>44671107
Problem is, most of them like the smell.
>>
>>44671102
>getting arrested for having had taken drugs

Didn't happen. Just recreate that "I reported my FLGS for not having a fire extinguisher" thread if you want to troll.
>>
>>44671125

It's weird because I like the smell too. Walk into a room where people have been smoking weed, it smells nice.

But that one guy who had a joint and then enters a clean room? His clothes and his breath absolutely reek.
>>
I don't really care if people do pot or any other drugs they do in their personal life, but at the table I have the same policy for all intoxicants.

If it effects how you play in a way that makes it uncomfortable to others, you can't have it at the table. This means light drinking is fine, but I have never had a pot user who didn't have it effect them enormously (plus I can't stand the smell, so that has a lot to do with it).

Smoke at home, no worries, smoke on my back porch, I may have a problem.
>>
>>44671131
Actually the charge he was arrested for was possession because he had a good deal with him but keep crying those stinking weed fiend tears
>>
>>44671199
You're still either lying or a jerk. Either way, it's bait.
>>
>>44670522

Do you suffer from panic attacks during oral presentations, or were you just high for fun?

How scared were your group members? Did you tell them you were on drugs or was it obvious?
>>
>>44671107
>>44671125
>>44671172
People don't smoke cigarettes in a small room with the doors closed
>>
>>44671173
How do you feel if it affects the experience positively?

I have bad anxiety and I take medication for it. Without that I'm the most awkward player to play with, and I bring down the game for everyone. With the medication I'm fine, but in the past I've relied on weed and alcohol for the same purpose.
>>
>>44671223
Theres nothing jerkish about throwing a degenerate to the police. Im sure that stupid faggot will have plenty of time to smoke and laze about without a job
>>
>>44671107
I can smell a cigarette smoker from a mile a way.
>>
Literally every time we play dnd there's usually a bong or vape going around and that never caused any problems for us experienced (5+ years) smokers.

You fags calling "stoners" out must only interact with DUDE WEED LMAO degenerates or kids. Some of us smoke because it's an alternative to getting fucked up on alcohol. I'd go as far as to say it's better than booze because there's no carbs involved and you can drive afterwards.
>>
>>44671077
>>44671107

So weird to me. Like I get not liking the smell (I've never smoked but I don't mind it), but surely the fact that stoned players are flakey shitty players is much worse than their smell? Like, it's tabletop. Everyone else at the table probably smells too.
>>
>>44671273
>How do you feel if it affects the experience positively?
Then by all means. I would however prefer if you smoked at home then came over, and if you really needed to be high to play then I would offer you a ride because I don't think you should be driving high.

Some people need the stuff and I recognize that, but really I can't stand the smell so I'd rather you not do it in my house.
>>
>>44671262
I got hit by a car three days prior, and it was obvious as all hell to everyone I was high (People had their phones out filming, I don't know if they uploaded it anywhere). They weren't pissed at all because even though we were like two seconds away from the cut-off time we said everything we needed to.
>>
>>44671298
It really isn't that common of a thing, you're the exception not the rule.
>>
Rules for any game should be a two drink limit, no 40oz, and DM should get first hit on the bong.
>>
>>44671306
I work at an LGS, so I was just talking about in general. Only one of my players smokes weed and they're not a dick about it.
>>
>all these no-fun allowed fags

jesus christ, what better time to get fucked up then playing A GAME, FOR FUN

if you're a teetotaller, fine, but dont judge other people for having fun
>>
>>44671379

They can judge if it's affecting their own fun. Doubly so if it's their house the game is at or a public place.
>>
wait, your groups are sober? Don't think Ive seen that since junior high
>>
>>44671379
>baw baw I cant ruin everyone elses fun with no consequences baw baw
>>
>>44669763
Depends on how high they are and how they behave

I play with a group and all of them smoke except for me. They're still the best roleplayers and they pay attention better than anyone in my other groups.

Honestly its getting drunk during D&D that pisses me off because literal 0 drunk people can play properly. Like... If you want to chill and drink that's fine, but let's put the D&D shit away and not pretend like we're doing anything.

\>tfw I'm the only straight-edge person in my friend groups
>>
>>44671424
most of us didnt burn out as bad as you did
>>
>>44669763
>that guy gets stoned, doesn't bother to share, and then proceeds to eat literally everything in your fridge
every damn time.
>>
>blazing while you play roll20 and voip
>>
File: tumblr_nhj6lzvZlS1tgzphuo1_500.gif (712KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhj6lzvZlS1tgzphuo1_500.gif
712KB, 500x500px
>ITT nerds that didn't get laid in highschool

DUDE
>>
>>44671379
It's the teetotallers who ruin it.

>Uh, guys, I don't mind if you drink in your own time, but we're here to play a game, not to get wasted. So put the drinks away, okay?

Then everyone is awkward playing the game.

Teetotallers are a special kind of That Guy who, in certain groups, can easily ruin the game for everyone. I'd rather people have a drink or two and loosen up.

Same goes for vegans (if you're ordering takeout), religious types (if there are demons), and Tumblr types (in case there's rape alongside the mass murder and arson).
>>
>>44671515
faggot i don't even care, you can get high if you like, just don't come over to my house and eat literally all my food afterwards because you have the munchies, thats just being a dick.
>>
>>44671525

>religious types (if there are demons)

I don't think I've ever seen a religious person have any issues with 'We're gunna kick the shit out of literal incarnations of evil'
>>
>>44671467
>>44671533
Why not order food from somewhere and make him pay for his share?
>>
>>44671552
Admittedly I've only seen this once, because someone wanted to play a tiefling and that was too demonic for another player (zombies and shit? completely fine).
>>
>>44671331

Fascinating. Your high must have been quite significant if it was worth filming.
>>
File: muh bolter.jpg (95KB, 569x913px) Image search: [Google]
muh bolter.jpg
95KB, 569x913px
>>44671525
You gotta knock back a couple before you can roleplay? For what purpose?
>>
Just know your group and if its okay or not.
>Group one:
>Pass bong around during in town time.
>It naturally gets set the fuck down when plot starts.
>No problems.

>Group two:
>You can't smoke in here, there will be breaks.
>No problems.

>Group three:
>Player has legit allergy, we don't want them to die.
>Smoke break? Get me a beer.
>No problems.

Know your group and don't be an asshole.
>>
>>44671525
Nigga if you're just hanging out doing whatever then that shit is fine but if you're meeting for your scheduled rp session then put that shit away and be serious for once in your life
>>
>>44671633

>Player has legit allergy, we don't want them to die.

Pansy.

More seriously: Pretty much. Go with what the group is comfortable with and don't be a dick. This is the core of...I dunno, basic human interaction.
>>
I don't know why people get so angry at the notion that I'm ok with them smoking, just not at the game.

Is it really that infuriating if I don't want you smoking in my house?
>>
>>44671607
I had a big grin on my face the entire time, and I was on the cusp of slurring my words. Also I was drawing on the blackboard to illustrate the points I was making. I remember one offhand comment I said being "and when you enter the website's house, the robot slave takes your coat because they aren't people and don't have rights yet."
>>
Its funny, I've only ever played with a handful of stoners in my life - half of them were worthless but the other half were golden.

>Always showed up about 30 mins early
>Always brought snacks for everyone
>Surprisingly on subject and in character in every session
>Only detriment was they took smoke breaks once an hour
>>
>>44671610
Some people aren't comfortable around people, Anon. I don't mind a bit of drinking or drugs if it relieves the general anxiety.

But if the group agrees as a whole or if it's a public place, sure, drinking and drugs are off the table.

What I'm saying is it's the worst when you have a group of say, six people, and one of them is ABSOLUTELY AGAINST drinking. NOBODY CAN DRINK. Maybe the others want to, maybe it would make the whole experience enjoyable, but FUCK YOU, John is a teetotaller.

And again I've had similar experiences two or three times with vegetarians and vegans. The kind who say they're uncomfortable around meat, so if you order a pepperoni pizza, they're going to boycott the game.

Sadly not everyone can choose exactly who they play with.
>>
>>44671292
>weed fiend

Yeah, kinda stopped caring about your shit that never happened right when you made it super obvious. Next time eh, champ.
>>
>>44671643
MAKE-BELIEVE GAMES IS SERIOUS STUFF
>>
>>44671525
That Guy is, among other things, the faggot who can't pay attention and give the game a shred of respect. When you're drunk, no matter how much you think otherwise, you are not roleplaying well or paying attention. I absolutely 100% guarantee you, as a teetotaler who witnesses this frequently, that you cannot play when you're drunk. Being high is another story if you're not too blazed, but even then there's a limit.

It's like going to the cinema and talking loudly through the movie. It ruins everything and is incredibly rude. If you want to talk, just go somewhere else and talk. Don't fuck up other people's time.
>>
I had a stoner who came to my games for over six months. He always showed up high, but wasn't obnoxious, just kind of tired and hungry. He knew the game well enough that he could play, but played relatively simple character.

On the plus side he always brought food because weed made him hungry.

On the down side he always smelled like weed.
>>
>>44671782
Ahhh here we have the classic weed addled mind. This husk that was once a man claims he will just walk away but keeps coming back. Look on him kids and know what a horrible future you might have if you become such a filthy addict as he
>>
>>44671807
>That Guy is, among other things, the faggot who can't pay attention and give the game a shred of respect. When you're drunk, no matter how much you think otherwise, you are not roleplaying well or paying attention.
What if my character is highly intoxicated? I drank when roleplaying when I played a drunken master.

Also you seem to equate single drinks with drunk. There is a wide span of levels of intoxication, some of which are acceptable and some are not.
>>
>>44671797
>I don't have enough respect for other people to understand that they might actually care about things, even though I don't care about anything but myself
>>
>>44671845
I have literally never witnessed someone have "just a drink or two" at D&D. It's either no drinking, or they keep drinking until they can't remember why they are sitting at the table. Also the fucking bathroom breaks. Why the fuck do you need to piss every 10 minutes? My roommates group has about 15 minutes of session time where everyone is at the table and then it's literally a minimum of one person being away from the table at all times to either get more drinks or take a piss.

>thinking drunken master is a good character concept and not a shitty gimmick
The only place drunken master works is in chinamen movies and vidya games. During a ttrpg it's just someone trying to be xDDDDlulz epik badass drinking-is-cool-rite-guise?
>>
>>44672001
>The only place drunken master works is in chinamen movies and vidya games. During a ttrpg it's just someone trying to be xDDDDlulz epik badass drinking-is-cool-rite-guise?
I mean, it was a wuxia game. You don't have to act so triggered.

It just seems like you've had really bad experiences, it isn't always that bad. Some people can have a drink without going too far. You need a better group.
>>
>>44669763
>that DM who shows up to the game stoned
>>
>>44672001
My group plays at a bar so drinking is kind of expected. Everyone usually just has 2 pints a night, one you get at the start and one like 2 hours in when we have a break for people to use the loo. Has never been a problem so I guess I got lucky and have a group of reasonable adults rather than the manchildren that make up 99% of the hobby if people on here to be believed.
>>
>>44671822
It's sad, really. They don't even know they have a problem, and by the time they come to their senses, they're 35 with two children and a weed needle snapped off in their arm. Weed ruins lives and leads to interracial admixture, this is fact.
>>
>>44669763
>that guy who makes single-line bait threads
>>
>>44671822
>Ahhh

What is it with self-important fucks and their need to type like disney villains once they get in an argument?
You probably think you look really intelligent or put him in his place, but really, you're just embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>44670883
>I mix in edibles with the regular snacks.
If you tell people then good for you and enjoy your game.

If you don't tell people then you are a fucking asshole
>>
>>44672350
And lo like a pack of frenzied animals does the emaciated weed demon summon its brethren with its wailing at the first sign of disagreement. Like zombies these mindless meat sacks shuffle toward groaning about weed. This poor one here may once have even had a future, but now look at it. No job prospects, whiny, annoying, and horrible to the eyes. Truly weed will be the end of law and order as we know it.
>>
>>44672446
Kek'd
>>
>>44670883
If they are aware and consent, sure. If they do not then fuck you.
>>
>>44671107

I smoke pretty regularly, and I usually don't reek of it, unless I hotboxed it or smoked way too much.

On the flip side, people who smoke too many cigarettes are anathema to me. I absolutely cannot stand that smell. It's invasive and permeates malevolently.
>>
>>44671677
>basic human interaction.
did you forget where you are again anon?
This place is full of literal spergs.
>>
>44671942
>I care far too much about make-believe games because I have nothing else in my life worth caring about
>>
>>44671125
>>44671172

I think it's also dependent on the strain they smoke too.
>>
One of the guys I always play with tends to be good for a few hours where he will sip a drink and then he just goes over this cliff and becomes a retard who would rather cause chaos and throw things. It works ok because we usually start with more involved board games then switch to bullshit like munchkin later as people get too drunk. But it can be kind of annoying when alcohol becomes the main event rather than gaming
>>
>>44671292
>Im sure that stupid faggot will have plenty of time to smoke and laze about without a job

Well not now, dick, he doesn't have a job. How is he going to afford to smoke? He's going to have to keep off it until he gets a new job.
>>
>>44672699
Excuse me? I mean come on man, maybe I just want you to not smoke while at the game. I am invested in the campaign. If you can't get invested to the point you need weed in order to even tolerate being at the game then you shouldn't be in the group.

Being invested in a story isn't some kind of personality flaw. I don't understand people, especially on /tg/, who treat it like it is.
>>
>>44672763
Oh please these parasites will just use my tax dollars to buy weed with their six figure unemployment checks
>>
>>44671318

That's perfectly fair.
>>
>>44670047
Kill him.
>>
File: 1411265127390.gif (998KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1411265127390.gif
998KB, 500x281px
>>44669763

>that guy starts to smoke in your house without permission
>>
File: 1448233894227.jpg (50KB, 700x504px) Image search: [Google]
1448233894227.jpg
50KB, 700x504px
>>44672818
>>44672763
>>
File: into the trash.gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
into the trash.gif
2MB, 580x433px
>>44669763

>that guy who gets drunk while playing
>>
>>44671292
>degenerate

When the fuck did /tg/ get so full of people who can't have any fucking fun?

You realize what board you're on, right?
>>
>>44672446
fun, but most successful and intelligent people tend to do drugs o drink alcohol. Jokes on you, looser.
>>
>>44672836
It's not like he's ruining anything. He's just never contributing at all. Then he gets salty when he's not invited.
>>
>>44673064
Behold! Yet another slack jawed red eyed freak comes screeching about his need for drugs.
>>44673094
Yes comfort yourself with the fact that intelligent people use drugs as you swim in your piss filled fish bowl you call a life.
>>
>>44672388
>>44672667
are you afraid of having fun for once in your life?
>>
I only game in a uni-society so that shit never comes up since we're on uni property.

Only time it did was when I ran a one-shot for some freinds, same rules applied there as it did when they came around mine normally 'Sure but do it outside in the break so my house doesn't reek.'
>>
>>44672818

Funny!
>>
Why are anons so salty that others don't want to do drugs?
>>
>>44673151
>fun
>giving people drugs without telling them

Yeh, no, you're an asshole.
>>
>>44669763

What system does Stoned use? I've never played it.
>>
>>44671942
IM HERE FOR THE STORY NOT TO HAVE FUN REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>44673151
I have plenty of fun. Being given drugs without me knowing is not something I consider fun. I might lose my job, they fucking drug test us regularly.
>>
>>44673294
then get a better job, obviously on the current one don't trust you.
>>
>>44673274
The thing is. I can have fun without doing drugs and have fun with an engaging story. A lot of the time intoxication makes the game a lot less engaging because people have a difficult time playing a serious game while intoxicated. I don't care if you do drugs, just generally don't like people doing it while gaming.

I don't understand why this is such an offensive idea.
>>
>>44673147
Are you projecting or something? It's almost as you want to smoke but your mommy won't let you.
>>
>>44673333
I mean, you are betraying their trust by doing something illegal. Maybe they shouldn't trust you if you're feeding people drugs without telling them.
>>
File: Kar.jpg (110KB, 474x492px) Image search: [Google]
Kar.jpg
110KB, 474x492px
>>44673147
I didn't say anything about doing drugs, anon.

I asked why you're using the word degenerate on /tg/.

You do know most of the fa/tg/uys here masturbate to monstergirls and other such things, right?

If you want conservative ideals, please direct yourself to /pol/.
>>
>>44673274
?donde esta?
>>
>>44673367
At least here, smoking pot is not illegal by any means of the word.
>>
>>44673358
This specimen is a prime is example of what a degenerate burn out a man can become with but a puff of weed. Where once we had a god fearing righteous man we now have a servant of Satan. Look upon him and see the luster in his eyes is gone, the sheen of his hair is dampened, even his skin has grown ashen. Son of God what horrible thing befell you that you chose to turn from the lord? Why have you chosen the unpalatable Devil's Lettuce to the wholesome and nutritious potato salad of the Lord?
>>
>>44673151
So, what you're saying is that you don't tell them?
>>
File: 1259455160758.jpg (132KB, 450x373px) Image search: [Google]
1259455160758.jpg
132KB, 450x373px
>>44669763
>the Nazi shows up and keeps shilling human supremacy in settings
>tfw everyone is dorfs
>>
ironic shitposting etc.
>>
>>44673485
not even him. Just fishing (you) s
>>
File: satana.jpg (16KB, 350x313px) Image search: [Google]
satana.jpg
16KB, 350x313px
>>44673453
Because potato salad is gross.
>>
>>44673424
Where I live it is. If it wasn't illegal though I'd still be angry if someone gave it to me without telling me. It's like putting any chemical in my food/drink without my consent.
>>
>>44673531
anon you realize there's tons of chemicals and preservatives in food and drink right now... right?

it's kind of what allows food to stay so fresh for so long.
>>
>>44673531
the you better ask for every ingredient for every meal you don't make yourself.
>>
>>44671342
Depends where you live.
>>
File: 1431056651114.gif (31KB, 258x375px) Image search: [Google]
1431056651114.gif
31KB, 258x375px
>>44673453
this nigga high af
>>
>>44673555
Chemicals was the wrong word to choose. It's like putting any intoxicant in my food/drink without telling me.

If it an opioid instead of weed, or some other synthetic stuff (molly or the like) then it'd be considered a much larger deal. The thing is I don't want to use weed. Having them around is fine. Giving them to me without telling me? No thank you.

I've tried weed before. I find the high extremely unpleasant. I wouldn't be able to game in that state. Hell I was hardly able to sit up straight.
>>
Only weed I had was in brownies in college. Extremely unpleasant. The back of my throat and tongue felt all numb. I swear I almost choked to death and couldn't sleep. Shit was terrible.
>>
File: danny devito.jpg (146KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
danny devito.jpg
146KB, 640x800px
>>44673639
He's like those people that hates gays and just comes off like "I'M NOT GAY GUYS I SWEAR I HATE FAGS".

Is this the world Gary Gygax wanted us to have?
>>
Just wanted to say: I smoke lots of weed and I love weed. I don't usually like my players to be intoxicated during my games since I personally believe that RPing is done better sober, but you never know, sometimes there's a time and a place for high/drunk gaming

The bottom line is to just check with your DM first, if they're not an autistic sperg you're not gonna lose anything by asking

Pic somewhat related
>>
>this whole thread
for a bunch of socially retarded people on a site full of dicks, tentacle porn, gore, cp and all kinds of other typically weird stuff, you sure are judgemental
>>
>>44673724
If you think any of those posts werent facetious he might have been right that weed is melting your brain
>>
>>44673781
Man I try not to be judgmental. Do weed, I really don't care. I'd just prefer you not do it while gaming.
>>
>>44673781
>12 year old encounters disagreement for the first time in his life
>>
>>44669763
>Being a lightweight and failing to maintain a flawless facade

I once consumed an eighth of mushrooms after being awake for 26 hours and then played a five hour session of Rogue Trader. I told two of the other players before the game that I'd eaten the mushrooms and afterwards one of them started laughing about what I'd said. He thought I'd been joking because I'd acted perfectly normal.
>>
>>44673816
I don't smoke weed. I also don't think that everybody who smokes weed or drinks is the same or that smoking, drinking etc. is automatically bad for roleplaying purposes

>>44673820
No need to get your panties in a bunch kiddo
>>
File: revy214.png (707KB, 711x797px) Image search: [Google]
revy214.png
707KB, 711x797px
>Arrive at GM's place
>Start setting our shit up
>Stonerbro pipes up
>"Haha before we play let's slip off for a little 'motivation', eh~?"
>Sigh audibly because I just want to play
>30-40 min later come back to the table
>FINISH setting up
>"Haha, damn, that took longer than I thought. So, before we start playing, let's freshen up!"
>Sigh audibly, even louder.
>20 mins later back at the table
>"Oh man I'm hungry/thirsty now."
>10 minutes of "HM WHAT DO I WANT THO"
>Back at the table, start actually playing
>An hour later
>Stonerbro is pounding back his first energy drink
>"Man you know what would make this better? If I was high. Let's go, boys."
>40 mins later
>Play again for an hour and a half
>Stonerbro is constantly yawning. Opens his second monster.
>It's too late, he started when he was already half asleep.
>Constantly dozing off
>Yawn
>Yawn
>Yawn
>"Man you know what would wake me up?"
>DUDE
>WEED
>LMAO
>30 mins later back at the table
>He's still not awake
>It is now 3am
>"MAN NIGGA I'M FUCKIN TIRED LET'S CALL IT A NIGHT LOL"

I fucking hate my DnD group, but they're the only fucking people locally.
>>
>>44674048
>I don't smoke weed. I also don't think that everybody who smokes weed or drinks is the same or that smoking, drinking etc. is automatically bad for roleplaying purposes
See, it's not even for roleplaying purposes largely. I don't allow drinking because I don't like people spending the night because my place is tiny and I don't want to have give people rides late at night (not letting them drink and drive).

For weed it's because I can't stand the smell of it and would not enjoy the game nearly as much if they smoked in my house.

If they're a better roleplayer while intoxicated then they should host it and do what they want. However, when I host I do lay some ground rules.
>>
>>44673345
What if, on the flip side, people find that mild intoxication makes the game more engaging and they find it easier to play a serious game while mildly intoxicated? And thus it makes the game better for others too?

As others have said, we're not talking about getting wasted, just having a few drinks or maybe a joint.

People do this in real life, serious situations to relax, so why not fantasy role-playing games?
>>
>>44674271
Because for the large majority of people this doesn't happen.
>>
>>44674271
It really depends on the person and I have yet to find someone who becomes a better roleplayer while intoxicated.

Really if they want to then we should just be in different groups. Obviously there are plenty of people who like to play intoxicated. I'd rather us part ways than force him to change his ways or change mine.

I simply know I would become incapable of being engaging, and likely while they would be having fun it may not be fun for the sober in the group.

It's just different games for different folks.
>>
>>44674110
No game>Shit game. Better to not play at all and do something else than have a shitty time.
>>
>>44673555
And all of that shit is mentioned on the product
>>
>>44674110
Why would you play with a group you don't like who ruin the game for you?

Oh man, better play ET for the Atari since there's nothing else to play.
>>
File: sad armor.png (88KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
sad armor.png
88KB, 184x184px
>>44674344
>and do something else
y-yeah, good idea
I'll just do one of my other hobbies for a while, hahaha
>>
>>44674330
What doesn't happen?

Think of a non-RPG scenario where people are going to mingle and chat and mix with strangers on an evening, like a work outing or a charity ball or speed dating. There's usually alcohol involved and people are fine.

It's not a binary choice between staying sober and then everything is fine and comfortable and happy, or alcohol drinks are served and then everyone is drunk and things are awful.
>>
File: 0128_energy-drinks1.jpg (244KB, 767x507px) Image search: [Google]
0128_energy-drinks1.jpg
244KB, 767x507px
Energy drinks are far worse than booze or weed.

Plenty of nerd types are addicted to them, and after two or three cans of Monster, they become tetchy, irritable, and whiny.
>>
>>44673022
underage pls go
>>
>>44674590
everyone hates the guy who gets drunk, we just say it behind his back
>>
>>44674271

Because when you play an RPG, you and your fellow gamers are making a commitment to the game. Mind altering substances can slow the game pace down to a crawl, cause players to neglect basic logic, and depending upon the person, cause other negative emotional reactions that would not have otherwise happened. You are abandoning your commitment to making that time about the game, and making everybody else miserable for your own sake.
>>
>>44674677
underage pls go
>>
>>44674590

Nah, I just don't drink liquid made of rotting plants that make you stupid and belligerent after you drink them.
>>
>>44674693
This is unlike a charity event, a family gathering, dating, etc. how? Those are often far more serious and life-changing than an RPG.

Hell, the majority of stage actors I've met have admitted to taking propranolol or diazepam before performances to relieve anxiety.

You have a really warped view of drugs and alcohol. I hope you're trolling or learn to accept that others do things you don't like, otherwise you're going to have a hard time in life.
>>
>>44674694
sorry but the truth hurts
>>
>>44671807
I found That Guy
>>
>>44674344
When we actually play it's fun. We don't get super in-character like I'd like to (i.e. no RP) but I can deal with that.

It's every other part in between that makes me want to shoot myself with a 12 gauge.

>>44674408
They're my buddies since High school and basically the only people that play DnD/tabletop within an hours drive. And I can't drive.
I like them well enough, but I absolutely fucking can't stand them getting blitzed constantly half of the time we're together. Especially when we play games, because they just shit the bed and never try once they smoke once.
>>
>>44669763
As long as he doesn't stink. Not stinking up my kitchen is an essential piece of personal courtesy I expect from guests.
The guy who doesn't shower got booted, too.
Shit, I still ask myself why I even let Blondie McDreadlocks through the door. Fuck your degenerate friends, Kevin.
>>
>>44674812

Perhaps this is purely my personal experience, but I have had situations in which the GM was drunk. We spent the next 4 hours listening to him babble inane shit about the runes on the dungeon wall as we desperately tried to get the game to progress. I think we ended up about 20 meters from the location we started that session at, and gained absolutely no resources from it. Eventually, the party got sick of it, and we all left, telling him to try again when he was a functioning human being.

Likewise, I have had a player who was heavily stones show up for my game. He constantly did stupid shit that he would have never done under a normal mind-state, to the point where I just had to stop having his actions from having consequences that game, lest it ruin the game for all players.
>>
>>44672388
>>44672667

You can easily taste the difference. Edibles don't typically taste that great.
>>
>>44674992
Okay, that is bullshit.

But I think in moderation, drinking and drugs are fine and can make the experience better (for everyone).

Like all things, it just takes good players. If someone shows up extremely drunk or completely stoned, chances are they're not a good player and you should get rid of them.
>>
>be playing that werewolf game
>three of us left
>girl who's been acting devious as shit
>my best friend
>me
>best friend is stoned out of his gourd, I think he was even nodding off
>his turn comes up, and his vote will make the game
>make a proper statement about how said girl is the werewolf
>he chooses to execute me
>werewolf eats him
>ask him why he was such a stupid motherfucker
>"I just trusted her more, man"

Fuck you too, buddy. If you'd been paying attention, you would have known, because it was fucking clear as day. And then it comes down to a matter of trust, and you pick the shiftiest player in the fucking over your BEST FUCKING FRIEND.

And that's the first time I learned that traditional games are a very good way of laying bare the things that move people. That dude isn't a friend anymore. Not because of that game, but it's the first time I can recall questioning that friendship.

If you want to know what your friends are really like, sit down and play a game with them. Wasn't the last time a friend's disfunctional behaviour became clear as day, while I never would have questioned it in real life.
>>
>>44674916
Is it you?
>>
>>44674992
What if my character is an alcoholic? Checkm8
>>
>>44671533
>playing with children that don't bring their own food for munchies
>>
>>44672057
That would be me, but then again I bring enough for everyone and everyone takes a few rips. Good games bro.
>>
>>44672818
I want to not work where you live.
>>
File: d28.png (131KB, 256x480px) Image search: [Google]
d28.png
131KB, 256x480px
>>44669763
What the FUCK?

I never thought I would see Chico Buarque appear on /tg of all places.

Vou ficar mais surpreso ainda se alguém souber quem ele é além de mim
>>
>>44669763
I love me a toke, but weed and roleplay don't work together. Some players might not even be able to read their fucking characters sheets anymore. Though, I'm a lot more social and talkative when I'm high, so if a player can prove they play better while baked the by all means.

Though, after the game.? Whole other story. Hail Mary Jane,
>>
>>44669763
I'm really half and half about marijuana.

I hate the culture, and some of the worst people I've ever met were stoners. Though, I know other stoners who were amazing human beings.

Most stoners, though, piss me off.
>>
>>44674929
So you're retarded.
>>
>>44677864
>You can literally say that about anything.

I'm really half and half about Americans.

I hate the culture, and some of the worst people I've ever met were Americans. Though, I know other Americans who were amazing human beings.

Most Americans, though, piss me off.
>>
>>44676955

Fica surpreso então.
>>
File: Kill me now.png (238KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
Kill me now.png
238KB, 420x420px
>stonerbro arrives

>"yeah let's fucking do this! w-wait, is it ok if I smoke here?"
>"no"
>"What the fuck, man? It's only weed, Jesus"

>game continues for 10-15 minutes
>"guys it's quite stuffy in here. I'm going outside for some fresh air"

>he doesn't come back
>check my snapchat about an hour and a half later
>mfw his story is a bunch of videos of him blowing smoke rings with his retard stoner friends

I just didn't want him smoking in my fucking house.
>>
>>44671292
Good Lord man, I don't support using drugs, but why do you have to be a busybody who sics the state on "criminals" who aren't hurting anyone? Petty tyrants like you are the real degenerates, your obsession with controlling everyone is what's bringing Western civilization to its knees.
>>
>>44678183
He probably didn't like hanging out with you guys.
>>
>>44676955
Eu vim aqui só por que eu achei que parecia mesmo com ele, obrigado por confirmar.
>>
>Be a consumer of cannabis
>Go to a friend's house to play some DnD
>Ask if they object to me smoking.
>Yes, because one player is allergic, the other is a federal employee.
>Ask if they mind me smoking outside.
>No, just don't it blow into the house.
>Step out every hour or so to take a puff, making sure I am down wind of any open windows, while talking in through them between hits.
>Every thing went better than expected.

I may smoke pot, but I am no stoner. It's not a lifestyle, it's not a creed, it's my preferred vice, nothing more.

A little courtesy, a couple easy questions, and it's no problem.

Even if they had said "No smoking, period" I'd be ok with that. It's not like doing a few hours without a hit is going to be the end of the world, I can just smoke up when I get home.
>>
File: 1451614632760.jpg (14KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1451614632760.jpg
14KB, 500x375px
>DUDE WEED LMAOS
>ruin sessions for people who just want to play
>"why you so uptight bro?!, DUDE WEED LMAO"
If you don't want to play and just want to smoke weed you can fuck off Canada
>>
>>44676955
>>44677974
>>44678307
ENGLISH MOTHAFUCKA DO YOU SPEAK IT?! Who am i kidding of course you do.
>tfw every group is a bunch of kids gaming with their parents
>tfw too young to have kids and too old to be a kid
>>
File: 1452118971118.jpg (36KB, 723x723px) Image search: [Google]
1452118971118.jpg
36KB, 723x723px
>>44671292
>>
>>44678463
If you consider a few hours even a moderate length of time to go without a substance, you are a substance addict.
>>
File: wat.png (74KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
74KB, 275x183px
>>44675312
>My best friend is no longer my friend because he messed up the werewolf game while high

Nigga what?
>>
>>44669763

I have a stoner in my group, but he knows enough etiquette to do his activities away from the table.

Overall my biggest problem is getting people to pay attention.
>>
>>44674502
They don't do shit. The people who claim to get "high" from caffeine, are the same people who claim that painkillers make them "high". It's all placebo.
>>
>>44671807
I have anxiety disorder, so it's either that or beta blockers.
>>
>>44678965
It's the sugar.
>>
File: It's Medicinal.jpg (18KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
It's Medicinal.jpg
18KB, 320x320px
>>44678246
He was a dickhead anyway. Whenever he wasn't doing weed, he was tapping or chewing on something, telling us about "how high I was last night".

Not addictive my ass.
>>
>>44679030

No. No it's fucking not.

>>44678965

And nobody gets high on caffeine, you're right, but you can get stoned from /several/ prescription painkillers. Ever fucking hear of morphine?

>>44674502

http://www.vice.com/read/the-world-finally-had-a-health-conference-on-energy-drinks

All of you need to fucking read less rulebooks and learn something once in a while.

Traditional games.
>>
>>44678965
you dont seriously believe that you cant get high from prescription painkillers, right?

right?
>>
>>44679090
When I said painkillers, I meant over-the-counter things like aspirin or ibuprofen.

>>44679119
Prescription drugs are an entirely different thing. I thought that much was obvious, right?

right?
>>
>>44678485
Why sir, I do believe my prowess in the bards tongue to be self-evident. What me and my compatriots were debating was the shocking fact of seeing an old photograpth of one of Brazils greatest and most well known musicians, at least in country, used as an OP picture in /tg/. It is mind bogling, I dare say.
>>
>>44674110
Not quite as bad, but similar experience.

>Stonerfriend wants to play "high D&D"
>We say no, since the rest of us don't smoke, or have any interest in smoking.
>"But C'MOOOOOON."
>no
>next session
>he shows up to DM's house smelling like a garbage truck
>"Hah, I got high THEN came, so Im still having fun!"
>spends half the game asleep
>spends half the time he's awake and paying attention rummaging through the DM';s kitchen for Cheetos. As in he'll get up without a word while the DM's mid-sentence and start digging through his cupboards looking for Cheetos
>Has to keep being told that the DM doesn't have Cheetos, and he wouldn't be allowed to have any if he's not going to fucking ask
>The time's he's finally playing are interrupting someone to explain to us what CUH-RAZY and HEEELARIOUS LOLRANDOM idea he has that we should do
>All the ideas are either retarded(get the dragon to smoke weedlmao) or impossible(steal a NASA space shuttle and go to Mars...in Not!LotR fantasy-land).
>Ends up beign the worst fucking session we've had to deal with
>Stonerfriend told not to bother showing up if he's high.
>He apparently thinks we're joking because he just laughed
>Shows up high again next week.
>DM opens the door to let him in
>Slams the door in his face when the wave of stink hits him
>Stonerfriend spends the next hour banging on the door trying to get us to let him in, even banging on the windows where we can see him
>Only leaves when the DM pretends he's calling the police.

Needless to say, we don't play with him anymore.
>>
>>44679218
Not him, but if someone says "painkillers" the first thing to come to mind is an opiod painkiller, not an anti-inflammatory.
>>
>be stoner among peers
>everyone gets the wicked idea to play some d&d while high af
>the couch-surfing hobo who never pays for weed says he'll DM a homebrew game
>I suggest that I pick up the rulebook
>everyone cheers hobo

a few weeks later...

>pop in for a smoke session
>tell everyone I have surprise; pull out D&D 5e PHB
>"I have folders and paper and pens. I could only afford one set of dice..."
>"But Anon, hobo is running the game, right hobo?"
>"Yes. I am taking the spell list and modifying them for a supers game."
>All of them?
>"Yes."

A few weeks later...

>come by to smoke again
>hobo has been forced to move out after months of financial drainage
>ask them how the game went, having already run two or three myself
>"We didn't get to play. Would you still run for us?"
> ... Sure.
>"I want to play a half-dragon fae that levels up and turns into a dragon..."
>Like a sorceror?
>"No, she's a fairy, remember?"
>"I want to play an orc monk that can shoot ki blasts..."
>Okay.
>"I also want to be blue."
>Uhm...
>"I want to be a time wizard."
>...
>"Do they have a ninja that I could multiclass into?"

I'm glad I didn't.
>>
>>44679090
>vice
>not a scientific study
>vice
Sure, I'll believe you.
>>
>>44680001

You didn't even read it, did you?
Of course not. Because you know best.
>>
>>44680035
I did read it. Fuck all in the way of numbers, no biochemical analysis, no detailed conclusions, no nothing. Totally worthless to any scientist.
>>
File: 59.jpg (76KB, 398x611px) Image search: [Google]
59.jpg
76KB, 398x611px
>>44678485
I read and write it, but my speaking skill is somewhat rusty. I do assure you my vocabulary is quite appropriate for any subject, unless it pertains to middle english, which reads like drunken gibberish for me.

>>44679438
Oh my! It certainly is! It does confirms how the digital noosphere can be such a small place.

Toca Raul!
>>
>>44673416
>>If you want conservative ideals, please direct yourself to /pol/.
>implying /pol/ is the only place on 4chan where you can have conservative ideals and call people degenerates
>>
File: 1449714666665.gif (359KB, 640x636px) Image search: [Google]
1449714666665.gif
359KB, 640x636px
I tend to be high while playing with my D&D group none of them seem to really care, i don't know if it just because its over Skype so they can't smell it or if you just like to bitch. But either way i can understand being annoyed if someone shows up to your house reeking of weed and to stoned to even focus but other then that if they can play just fine who gives a shit if they want to play stoned.
>>
>>44673151
Sure hope nobody has to drive home after being unknowingly dosed.
>>
>>44673151
If you need drugs to have fun, you're probably addicted to them. Stop forcing your shitty way of life onto other people.
>>
>>44669763
I don't mind stoners in my game
>>
>>44671292
>Theres nothing jerkish about throwing a degenerate to the police.
Actually yes, there is. This is the definition of a "jerk move"

Drugs come in all forms and shapes, from caffeine to alcohol. Some are legal, some aren't. your government says weed is illegal, and yet cigarettes and alcohol aren't. Calling the cops based on what someone chooses to put in their system is pretty "jerkish".

Its not for you to judge if someone is "degenerate" or not. Personally I think you're a degenerate nark, but I wouldn't let that judgement interfere with your life. If you choose to be a jerk, thats your prerogative.
>>
>>44683707
So what, reporting the murder is a "jerk move?"

If he didn't want to get arrested, he shouldn't have been breaking the law.
>>
>>44671292
Oh man, you know what's great?
Living in Washington where you actually can't get arrested for that shit unless you deserve it for being a retard.
>>
File: 1448161653222.jpg (291KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1448161653222.jpg
291KB, 1280x720px
>this whole thread
Holy fucking fuck
>>
>>44681483
Life is more fun on drugs. Its a fact.

Have you even tried weed?

Have any of you who "hate le stonerz" tried it?

Alcohol is far more detrimental to a game than weed ever will be. Why aren't you guys angry about that?

Life is like eating sugar. it tastes sweet, but in the end its just sugar and its kind of grainy and boring. taking drugs is like having a bar of chocolate or a fancy desert. Its more fun and pleasant to eat. You dont need drugs to have fun, but life is even more fun on drugs.

Games especially are much better high. you get into character more deeply, your immersion in the story-line is heightened.

Everyone is different, including stoners. Some are douchebags who would never be great in a game even straight, some are hardened veteran smokers who you wouldn't even notice are high. There's a wide variety. Just dont invite people you dont like to your games and you'll be fine. Its not rocket science. Choose your group carefully or you will have a negative experience.

>>44678684
So you must be addicted to water right?
Physical addiction has very specific and clearly laid-out parameters. Things like Heroin and opiates are actually addictive. Weed is not. Your body does not "crave" weed. You wouldn't mind getting high, the same way an average person wouldn't mind a coffee, but its not a physical addiction.
>>
>>44683874
>Have you even tried weed?

Yes, I find the high extremely unpleasant.
>>
>>44683874
>Weed is not. Your body does not "crave" weed. You wouldn't mind getting high, the same way an average person wouldn't mind a coffee, but its not a physical addiction.
I mean you say this, but I know a guy who gets violent if he doesn't smoke for more than a day, and who stole my stuff to support the habit. I thought he was addicted to something harder if he resorted to theft, but no, it was weed.
>>
>>44683773
Smoking weed doesn't harm another person though. Its the exact opposite of murder: You're more likely to be relaxed and want to avoid violence.

Laws are a set of rules put in place by your government. Some are good, some aren't. You dont report people who are parking in a 5 minute zone for more than 5 minutes do you? of course not, you let the parking wardens deal with it. If you do report them, you're a pretty spiteful human being who should probably see a psychiatrist.
>>
>>44683874

Oh fuck off.

Like the other anon said, stop trying to justify your own addictions to us. I don't particularly want to hear the sound of your own naked insecurity.
>>
>>44683907
Some people are naturally like this. Being high just mellows them out. Weed is not a physical addiction. Feel free to prove me wrong with any kind of scientific study.

With a physical addiction every cell in your body craves the substance. Its not just "in your mind" its actually happening at the cellular level. That's why heroin junkies feel violently ill if they dont have their fix every 6 ish hours.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_dependence

Note that weed is not listed in the list of drugs that cause physical dependence.
>>
>>44683942
>Oh fuck off.
Did you have something constructive to say? a response to my argument perhaps? Or just spewing negativity to make yourself feel better?
>>
>>44683979
No, I know what you're talking about. Some people will still use weed as an excuse.

You can be addicted to something and not physically addicted. Hell, world of warcraft addicts exist.
>>
>>44683979

It can be a psychological addition though. Any substance that alters brain chemistry can cause that.
>>
>>44673151
Kill yourself my man.
>>
>>44683996

You touched in the head or something? Weed is a drug. You are addicted. When scum like you spread that fucking smell everywhere when people are actually trying to enjoy a game...it's obscene.

Do whatever the fuck you want but don't try to defend stoners who bring their addictions to the gaming table.
>>
>>44683874

>he needs to alter his state of mind to have fun

I don't need to try weed because I abhor the idea of losing control of my mental faculties. Perhaps is it simply because I am blessed with a greater allotment, and as such, have more to lose compared to the average stoner. Or perhaps I am perfectly average in intelligence. Either way, I would still have a lot to lose compared to you drug addicts.

As for alcohol, I don't do that either, and am equally pissed when players are drunk. So don't try to pull that on me.
>>
>>44684093
narcissist detected

still dont smoked weed till youre 21 kid
>>
>>44683921

Weed smells terrible and makes people behave obnoxiously. It also happens to be against the law where I live. As such, I have a pretty reasonable excuse to report them, as I am eliminating negative behavior that is unlawful.

By reporting him, I make my community an objectively better place.
>>
>>44684120
That's one of the most lawful neutral posts I've seen in a while.
>>
>>44683707

It isn't a jerk move. I would have reported his ass too. Like it or not we've got laws and if you piss the people around you off, they're going to use them.

I hope there was mandatory minimum sentencing and that stoner was sent to pound me in the ass prison. It's where he belongs.
>>
>>44684120
>>44684127

Agreed.
>>
>>44684061
>Weed is a drug
So is alcohol
So is tobacco
So is caffeine

"Drug" didn't become a negative word until this century. Pharmacy's were called "drugstores" back in the day.

Illegal drugs are just a list of chemicals that lawmakers decided were too dangerous. They seemed to skip over alcohol and cigarettes because they're so ingrained in society.

>scum like you
You must be a pretty nice person. Please continue to judge me even though you have never met me and know nothing about my life.

>>44684026
>psychological addition
Just a way of saying "things you're conditioned to enjoy" You are psychologically addicted to traditional games, but its not a big deal. You can make yourself love or hate almost anything with enough repetition and reinforcement.
>>
>>44684142

>Illegal drugs are just a list of chemicals that lawmakers decided were too dangerous. They seemed to skip over alcohol and cigarettes because they're so ingrained in society.

And if someone wants to change that, they should do it legally. Not just break the law. That does no good for getting public acceptance.

In places where Marijuana is becoming legal that is the reasons why. Not because the police went 'We can't stop people' but because people campaigned through legal methods for change.
>>
>>44684142
>Just a way of saying "things you're conditioned to enjoy" You are psychologically addicted to traditional games, but its not a big deal. You can make yourself love or hate almost anything with enough repetition and reinforcement.
Yeah, if I knew someone who was doing TTRPGs to the point that it was ruining them I would try and make them stop. Same thing with weed.

I haven't found someone who plays TTRPGs to that point, but I have known several people who have done weed to that point.

I saw it most prominently back in college. I could tell you stories, but you'll discount them as simply being bad folks and it not being the weed's fault. The thing is that brings a host of bad argumentative practices that we should avoid. There is a stereotype against weed users, it's caused by the media primarily, but the caricature originated for a reason.
>>
>>44684093
>he needs to alter his state of mind to have fun
that was not the summary of my post though.

it was that "things are more fun high".

>>44684120
>makes people behave obnoxiously
not even close to true. Alcohol makes people far more obnoxious. I hope you report drunks too. "Officer! that man drank a beer! arrest him"
You should look at Buddhism, it gives some pretty good ideas on letting people live their lives how they want to, as long as their choices dont interfere with others. Trust me, interfering with someone else's life is always a jerk move.
>>
>>44684194
>I hope you report drunks too. "Officer! that man drank a beer! arrest him"

That's not illegal. Though you CAN report someone for public intoxication and you should report someone if they are driving drunk. Driving under the influence is a serious public danger.
>>
>>44684194

Trust me when I say, that if alcohol were illegal, I would report people. I hate drunks just as much as I do stoners. Unfortunately history has told us that banning alcohol is the one thing worse than having it be legal.
>>
>>44684183
People smoke weed. Its a way of life. Just like people play games, or drink coffee. The government isn't always right, and dumb laws exist all over the place. Just look at this list:

http://www.stupidlaws.com/

Really you should use your own judgement. If someone is hurting others, they're in the wrong. If not, you're in the wrong for hurting them.

>>44684185
College stoners are a very poor representation of people as a whole, let alone drug users. Stoners exist as a wide variety of different people.
>>
>>44684247

And? Yes, dumb laws exist. That was the point of my post. But breaking them isn't the way to go about getting them changed.
>>
>>44684219
as long as you're consistently lawful good, its fine.

Just make sure you tell the town guards if there are any goblins around.
>>
Faggot ass stoners.
I have 3 people that smoke weed when they play pretty regularly. But they know how to handle themselves when they're high.
Shit one of them smokes strait Iso hash 24/7.
Personally it's up to the smoker. If they're going to muck things up because they're missing initiative checks etc I inform them no more smoking. My 3 are good though.
I don't personally smoke.
I just make $ off you stoner faggots running an 1800 watt flowering room.
Bring in 800-1200 a week.
While you stoner faggots are all dude weed lmao and broke as shit.
Hell I have one that literally can't afford to buy his college books this semester. But he brings on average 150 bucks a week like fucking clockwork.
Non legal state btw.
>>44684222
Get on netflix and watch the Movie Lawless.
My grandpa was a shiner back in those days and his stories pretty much summed up the general events in that film. It's a decent watch and worth the hour+. You'll at least get a good general idea of how alcohol prohibition was when it was in effect.
>>
>>44684247

I don't think telling someone 'No, you may not do an illegal thing around me' is really hurting them. If anything, it's the opposite as it's helping prevent any chance of them getting in legal trouble.
>>
>>44684260
>breaking them
People have smoked weed since the dawn of time. Why should they stop because the law says so?

Of course hard core stoners like to lobby and try for change, but most of us just want to live our lives. Its unlikely you'll ever get caught for smoking weed, unless you're dealing large amounts, you can spend your entire life smoking weed without an issue. Unless some tool reports you of course.

Lets get to the core of my argument:
>If someone is hurting others, they're in the wrong. If not, you're in the wrong for hurting them.
Reporting someone for doing something they enjoy that doesn't hurt others is hurtful, especially if it leads to legal complications and the loss of a job.
>>
>>44684269
No, that's not hurtful. but reporting them to the police could be. Even if you think they're "degenerate". Its nazi as fuck to send all "degenerates" to prison.
>>
>>44684290

They should have found something to enjoy that wasn't illegal. They knew the risk when they started, and it is entirely their own fault. If they lose their job, it will be an important lesson.
>>
>>44683979
>physical addiction
Look how desperate you are to add the word 'physical' to it to make a point, despite no one talking about that
>>
>>44684290

I wouldn't report someone for smoking on their own property. However, if they turned up to my place having driven here stoned, I would.

Because of exactly that reason. You do not fucking drive under the influence of any drugs.

I'm not the person saying they'd report for anything and everything.

That and I've had a family member kill someone else in a car crash while off his face
>>
>>44684269
Holy shit buddy, did you jump in and start analpaining about this or is that really your autistic rambling shitting up this whole thread?
>>
>>44684324
Your secret love of cuckporn could be described as an addiction, do you see us complaining about it?
>>
>>44684290

They are interfering in my life, however indirectly, in a way that I do not want. That is something I would define as harmful.

I find their obnoxious behavior and the terrible smell to be harmful to me. As such they are committing a harmful behavior and are a valid target for persecution under the law.
>>
>>44684326
Tiredness is far more lethal on the road than any substance. Should they make a law saying that anyone who has had less than 6 hours of sleep isn't allowed to drive?

>>44684317
>They should have found something to enjoy that wasn't illegal.
Oh great, lets get shit faced with this bottle of Jack Daniels! that will make the game so much more fun! and its totally legal!

>>44684324
The way people are using the word "addiction" strongly indicates they mean "physical addiction" Most of them have no understanding of how real addictive substances work. Alcohol and morphine are addictive, and yet both are completely legal. Alcohol contributes to more deaths than all other drugs combined each year, and yet no one seems to care.
>>
>>44669763
As long as the player can handle it, I don't see any problem with being inebriated during sessions.

I've played after smoking weed and found that it helped me get into the story more. I usually have a few drinks during my D&D sessions and it makes the experience more enjoyable.

>>44684093
You sound like the type of massive faggot nobody wants to play with anyway.
>>
>>44684349
I bet that if I came to your house for a game, still masturbating after watching said cuckporn, you'd have issue with that
>>
>>44684379

> Should they make a law saying that anyone who has had less than 6 hours of sleep isn't allowed to drive?

Fuck yes they should.
>>
>>44684379
>Should they make a law saying that anyone who has had less than 6 hours of sleep isn't allowed to drive?

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.
>>
ITT: People don't know the difference between a physical addiction and a mental addiction.

You can get addicted to anything mentally.
>>
>>44684379
Oh, it's one these guys.
>>
>>44684355
>They are interfering in my life
Remove them from your life then. You dont have to hang out with people you dont want to. Complaining without suggesting a solution is called "winging", and no, imprisoning your stoner acquaintance is not a good solution.

Obnoxious behavior is down to the person. Every stoner I know is more relaxed while high. Its commonly accepted that weed mellows you out. Your buddy is probably just a tool.

If the smell of something is enough for you to send someone to jail, you should really look at your life and your alignment. Once again this comes back to the specific person. if they're not sensitive enough to realize you guys dont like them smoking weed at the table, they're just a tool. Its not always "weeds fault" some people are just obnoxious, and being high makes them worse.
>>
>>44684412
>>44684422
I agree, but the law doesn't always reflect whats right for people. Prohibition on weed is one of those laws that just doesn't make sense. Its a natural plant that grows in the ground, it makes people more relaxed, it makes people want to stay home, play video games and eat food. Whats not to like? It makes people into better consumers than alcohol does, and doesn't kill anyone in the process.
>>
>>44684426
>You can get addicted to anything mentally.
And evidently some things more than others
>>
>>44684447

Well, I said I'd report someone for Driving Under the Influence. Not the weed itself.
>>
>Sheltered autists throw a tanty because something smells bad
Dont be THAT guy. Use your words, communicate and get a solution. Take control of your life and omit the people that bring you down. Or just continue to whinge about it on 4chan.
>>
>>44684465
>Take control of your life and omit the people that bring you down.
I would love to but there is such thing as family obligations.
>>
>>44669763
Judging by the reaction image I'm assuming OP likes it when people turn up to play stoned.

The first face is sad, and then the second face is happy. OP must get a burst of joy when someone turns up stoned, probably because he knows that person will share a cone with him.
>>
>>44684431

But I have removed them from my life, that is literally what I did.

Once again. They were committing unlawful, harmful behavior. As such, I am justified in having reported them. If they didn't want to go to jail, they shouldn't have gotten caught up in an illegal activity. Anybody confronted with the chance of smoking weed can say "Nah, that is illegal. I think I'll pass."

This person chose to break the law, as such they cannot complain when it comes back to bite them.
>>
>>44684497
ah yes, you can't choose your family.

But you can move far away from them if its really bad.
>>
>>44684503
Its still harmful to them to report them.
Interfering with someone's life is always a dick move. Imagine a world where masturbation is illegal (like in muslim countries). You wouldn't like me reporting you for fapping. Or would you just go nofap forever because its illegal?
>>
>>44684549

If you were to find it distressing that I was masturbating in a place where it is illegal, than you would be well within your rights to report me.

It may be hurtful to them, but as we have already determined, it is hurtful to me as well. One does not let a murderer off for the reason that they might be hurt for going to prison. For the same reason, one must not let a pettier crime go unpunished, as they are both guilty in the eyes of the law, and in their own way, they are both guilty in the eyes of the victim. The level of crime may be different, but so too are the levels of punishment. One is not put away for life for the crime of partaking in illegal drugs as one would be for murder. By the time they get out, they will have learned an important lesson that one should not do something that is illegal just because it feels good.
>>
>>44684625
Who is the victim when some random guy decides to smoke a joint?
>>
>>44684651

Those who are forced to deal with him. In this case, me.
>>
>>44684651
No one provided it was done privately on his property or within the bounds of another's with permission. However this was not the case and his intoxicated behaviour in another's home was unwelcome.
>>
>>44684661
You're pretty pathetic if you find dealing with a stoned person so offensive that you'd label yourself a ''victim'' after interacting with one.

Your CWC-level of autism is showing.
>>
>>44673151
Last time I checked its illegal to drug people without their consent or knowing
>>
>>44671298
>and you can drive afterwards
Sure mate...
>>
>>44678463
I like you
>>
Personally I find a little bit of alcohol (or weed) is preferably to stone cold sober. Loosens up the group so they're more confident in their roleplaying.

Of course too much ruins everything, but the people I play with know their limit.
>>
>>44684120
A lot of serial killers justified murdering prostitutes with essentially the same argument. Enjoy your sociopathy.
>>
>>44685011
There's some exceptions, but generally yeah, it's illegal.
>>
>>44685457

The difference here is that I am legally in the right.
>>
>>44685457
Disposing of illegal/undesired activity by reporting it to authorities is okay.
Disposing of it by murder is not.
Key difference.
>>
>>44684379
>Should they make a law saying that anyone who has had less than 6 hours of sleep isn't allowed to drive?
I'm pretty sure that's already a law for HGV drivers.
>>
>>44685586
That's enforced as "some time spent not driving" not really "had a sleep".
>>
>>44685487
see

http://www.stupidlaws.com/

Legal does not always mean morally right. You gotta use your judgement anon.
>>
File: 1441123850130.jpg (71KB, 413x640px) Image search: [Google]
1441123850130.jpg
71KB, 413x640px
>>44671448
There is an alcohol limit that can be easily breached if you're trying to alcohol+play a game that requires any mode of thought process. I mean, I love the stuff, but it's not fair to the game if I get shitty and basically start operating at a 7 year-old's level.

It is the responsibility of the drinker to know his own limit but the effects of alcohol versus THC, in this case, are interesting. A lot my friend's group are marijuana-users (I'm also assuming they don't over-do it, either), not alcohol, and I figure this contributes to their continued ability to play together.
>>
shit, what if cannabis could be... GOOD?

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/medical-marijuana-epilepsy/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/toddlers-seizures-stopped-after-consuming-cannabis-oil-parents-say/article18769814/

http://anonhq.com/watch-girls-leukemia-went-remission-six-days-using-cannabis-oil/
>>
>>44671680
No. I don't smoke indoors. Even if the people I'm over at are ok with me smoking indoors as long as I sit under the kitchen fan or by a window it still feels weird as fuck to do so and I fully expect to have to go outside to do so, but if that's inconvinient I'll just not smoke that night.
>>
>>44671107
That's why I smoke out on my back porch and then brush my teeth/rinse, wash my hands. I dislike the smell, and I do this before the players arrive. Although I haven't bothered smoking in four or five months now.
>>
>>44685838
>That's why I smoke out on my back porch and then brush my teeth/rinse, wash my hands
That's considerate but the kinda useless because the smell will stay on your clothes.
>>
>>44679080
It isn't, but weed is one of those drugs that attracts people with really boring lives, and those people have absolutely nothing to do but getting stoned and nothing to talk about except previous times that they were stoned.
>>
>>44669763
during my first 3-4 years as a GM, we played 12 hour games (4pm - 4am) and went through a lot of alcohol and weed every time

it was magic
>>
>>44685871
>weed is one of those drugs that attracts people with really boring lives
that's one theory, the other is that stoners and their life become boring after picking up the habit
>>
File: 1434900659738.jpg (197KB, 2000x963px) Image search: [Google]
1434900659738.jpg
197KB, 2000x963px
>>44685907
>>44685871
Hmm, chicken and egg
>>
>>44685871
In my experience, people so against weed have lives more boring than stoners.
>>
>>44674453
but role playing requires more attention than just bantering around
>>
>>44679030
exactly, a placebo (sugar pills)
>>
>>44685871
Most people I know that smoke weed are super intense athletes or some such and smoke weed because their lives run at a really high click compared to most others.

Seriously, go down to almost any legit martial arts gym with a dozen or plus black belts, at least half of them are smoking everyday.

Anecdotal evidence being what it is and all.
>>
>>44669763
Yeah, he's a pretty cool guy. He always brings homemade ginger beer and lets people use his minis for grid combat.
>>
File: ITS A WAY OF LIFE GUYS.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ITS A WAY OF LIFE GUYS.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
>>44684247
>Its a way of life.
noblearu weedu smokeru
>>
>>44684290
>People have killed each other since the dawn of time. Why should they stop because the law says so?
>>
>>44684426
but the mind doesn't exist, so what's a mental addiction
>>
>>44684426
>You can get addicted to anything mentally.
Even to shitposting?
>>
>>44685807
this argument always pisses me off. Yes, pot can help with certain conditions. So do pain killers, but you wouldn't be ok with someone downing pain killers for recreation. I find it funny stoners always pull out studies like that as if it somehow validates there getting high. Unless they suffer from one of those conditions then it shouldn't matter. It is pot heads and there like that got drugs like Heroin ,Ecstasy and Cocaine outlawed despite there medical properties.

I'm not militant against drugs or the like, I just find a lot of stoners insufferable.
>>
>>44686117
>It is pot heads and there like that got drugs like Heroin ,Ecstasy and Cocaine outlawed despite there medical properties.
You're retarded.
>>
>>44669763
A gente quer ter voz ativa
No nosso destino mandar
Mas eis que chega a roda-viva
E carrega o destino pra lá...

why this thread have a Chico Buarque de Hollanda?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpAR9DlQV6o
>>
>>44686147
Am I? Ecstasy was used to treat soldiers with PTSD, it helped calm them and help them open up to psychologists so they could be treated. Then some idiots realized 'shit we can use this for fun'. Euphoria became known as Ecstasy and was made illegal.

Same with marijuana, hemp was used in many products and even its oils were used in certain medications. People started smoking it for fun, it got the authorities eyes who declared it illegal.
>>
>>44686205
Yup, you're retarded.
>>
>>44680265
#TocaRaul
>>plunct,Plact,Zum
>>
>>44686227
Care to actually post something of worth or gonna continue just slinging insults?

Every pot head I have met has been insufferable. I think I need to make a distinction, if you smoke pot and it doesn't effect those around you thats fine, my problem is with these idiots who claim there smoking isn't causing any problem and it does. I had a pot head and a pot smoker in a game once. Pot head said he wanted to do pot and asked us to join in. We all said no ,including the pot smoker, and we were subjected to 40 minutes of bitching about how close minded we were and how great pot was. He even tried to light up in the hosts house when he was told not to.
>>
>>44683874
>Have you even tried weed?
Yeah. It was fucking disgusting.

Not to mention most of my friends who smoke it are addicts.

>"Wanna hang out?"
>Sure, let me just roll up some WEEDLMAO.
>"Can you please not?"
>Dude, what the fuck, it's just some weed.
>"The smell of weed makes me want to gag, can you just wait on it for a bit?"
>Ugh, fine.
>He starts getting his bag out again 10 minutes later.
>"Dude..."
>Holy fucking shit it's just some weed.
>"Can you just wait an hour?"
>Dude, fuck off!
>He storms off swearing loudly.

Non-addictive my ass.
>>
>>44669763
If they wanna do drugs, well, that's their deal. I don't care what they wanna do before game. What matters to me is what happens at the table when I'm running a session. If there's something disrupting the session, we stop and take care fo the problem, then we get back to it once the problem is resolved, even if it is the antics of a player due to drug influence.

Not that hard of a concept, really. At the end of the day, the goal is for everyone to have a good time playing a game together. So long as the player isn't being a cunt about it, sure, smoke weed or get a little tipsy or whatever it is you wanna do.
>>
>>44685807
Those don't really involve smoking it though.

Inhaling smoke in general is going to fuck your lungs up.

Yes, that includes weed smoke.
>>
>>44672690
You do, you just can't smell it. Like a Kmart Cashier, you've gotten used to it and barely even notice.

But the rest of us do. Smelly ass stoner.
>>
As entertaining as this thread has been, is drug testing really such a common thing in the US? Like, is that why most Americanskis I've encountered act like you have to be unemployed to have any habits outside drinking and tobacco?

I just find the whole concept really weird. It's not your employer's business what you do in your private life surely...? If you come in still obviously under the influence then sure, they should test and kick your ass. But doing it randomly and ditching people for something that has nothing to do with their work perfomance? That'd probably be illegal here under our discrimination laws.
>>
>>44669763
Better than the guy who ends every game session by passing out drunk and shitting his pants.
>>
>>44686641
As you can see by this thread, there is still a stereotype that drug users are always addicts and that it impacts they're work performance. It also makes sense that they do it for govt jobs because it's illegal. Depends on the job, almost all add "we have the right to perform drug tests" to your contract just to cover their ass, but many will almost never do it. You'd see it happen mostly at large companies that frequently hire low income workers who are expected to habitually use drugs, like say the shipping/receiving workers at a medical facility.
>>
>>44671292
You did everything right, anon. Don't let these faggots make you think otherwise.
>>
>>44686710
>there is still a stereotype that drug users are always addicts and that it impacts they're work performance.

Basically matches every weedlmao person in my city to a tee.
>>
>>44686641
>is drug testing really such a common thing in the US?

Yes. 62% of all employers, and 90+% of all Fortune 1000 companies drug test. Shit, fucking HIGH SCHOOLS have started doing randoms, which is utterly insane.
>>
I used to smoke cigarettes for about 2 and a half years until I dropped 'em, always was considerate of others. I also smoke weed though I just can't afford to do it as much as I'd like to. I'm a nervous, depressed person with haywire emotions by default, but when I smoke it all equalizes, my moods don't shift and gets stuck as often, and resisting the changes is a lot easier when I'm smoking. Mind you I never smoke until I'm red in the eyes and seeing fucking unicorns neither. Anytime I smoked, it's been considerate (even for my mother who doesn't like me doing it, I do it away from her).

I don't think Weed has a physical addiction component, but I do believe it's not as 100% side-effect free as a lot of LEGALIZE IT people say. I just don't know the extent of it. I mean I've seen people who smoke a shitload of weed act like braindead giggling-for-nothing wastes of space but they were the same before the weed. In comparison, my cousins smoke it erryday as well, but one's an engineer and the other is an animator for children's parties, always fucking working, always doing something and both are highly intelligent.

Weed is one of those things that is a convenient excuse for boring good-for-nothing twats to justify being a boring good-for-nothing twat.
>>
>>44685907
>>44685943
>>44686002
I'm not saying that everybody who smokes weed is a boring fuckwad, most aren't. But boring people are drawn to weed like moths to a flame.
>>
>>44686827
It really seems that way. It makes sense too. Someone boring with no aspirations can't hold a conversation, therefore probably finds it very difficult to socialize, make friends and feel like they belong to a group. People always want to belong to a group, and if you're predisposed to smoking shit, weed is handy because when you get high the inhibitions go rock bottom and you don't speak that much anyway!

When previously you couldn't make friends, suddenly this whole group of high fuckers are finding the single bad pun you know side-splittingly hilarious and they think you're awesome and want you around!
>>
As someone who has aspergers I find it really difficult to strike a balance between going full autist and half-yelling everything my character is doing or saying, and quietly sitting there barely interacting for fear of doing the former. Weed actually brings my focus down enough that I don't end up getting hung up on shit or yelling so it definitely has its place at the table.
That said, this is in the UK where we dilute our weed with tobacco and it's illegal to smoke indoors. I imagine if I hit a bong or smoked a purie I'd probably be off my face and totally useless, and the smell would be a lot worse.
>>
>>44683874
>Life is more fun on drugs. Its a fact.
citation needed
>>
>>44678965
What the fuck are you on? Caffeine even have withdrawal symptoms and builds tolerance over time. Faggot.

>>44679218
You can't even differentiate painkillers from non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. You don't know shit about what you are talking about. Maybe you should read more scientific articles and less bullshit like vice.
>>
>>44678463
>every hour or so
>not a stoner

Uh... Someone needs a reality check
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.