[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GW is shit thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

So, I've been out of the loop for a bit, lacking a lot of money to invest during 7th edition (a full unit of clanrats is/was expensive) and just fucking flipping the table over completely during End Times, but I'm curious: Has Age of Sigmar actually caused an increase in sales for GW? do we have any insight?

I'm asking because I've been unable to actually find anyone who plays the game. (Actually that's not entirely true. I know of one person, but he's such a git, that he really doesn't count)

We've all been kinda hoping for the complete collapse of the company for a while now, you know, deep inside, but how far are we from that actually happening?

Lets all bitch about GW general I suppose
>>
GW is a good company, faggot. Go shill for your cheap chinaman models elsewhere.
>>
what a faggy thread
>>44665794
this
>>
>>44665794
>>44665953
GW employees detected
>>
>celestial humans
>space lizards
>fire dwarfs

Next is : Ice Ogres and Earth Greenskins

We fucking 2003 Mega Bloks now
>>
>>44665794
>>44665953
Are they still paying you Minimum wage, are have they actually decided to treat you guys as human beings for once?
>>
>>44666097
Can I get my Shadow Elves?
>>
My recasters haven't even bothered carrying Age of Sigmar models, even the Forge World ones. AoS basically doesn't exist in my city.
>>
>>44666118
Of course! Don't forget to pick up the Water and Earth Aelfs too :^)
>>
from what i noticed the most backlash is fantasyfags that are mad they wont get unpdates for their baby anymore. a lot of 40k guys over here love it because of the similarities. i think the thing thats good about sigmar is its an easy way to get people into gw hobbies as you can have battles with litterally one model each. now tell me that wont appeal to children and parents alike.
>>
>>44666218
and by good i mean from the companys view.
>>
>>44666218
Initially maybe, but it doesn't appear to be a solid model for long-term survivability.
>>
>>44665775
GW's half year financials are out and they're not good, even with BaC so that would suggest AoS at worst bombed at best sold the same as Fantasy.
>>
>>44666273
hmm yeah i can agree on that. because adding more to the rules and such will pretty much negate my point.
>>
>>44666142

what slav capital are you currently residing in that they have their own neighbourhood recasters?
>>
>>44666218
>Actually liking Sigmarines
I really do forget people like that exist.
>>
>>44666397
>actually liking fantasy

But alas, you are wrong. i couldnt give less of a fuck about sigmar. i was speaking on the veiw of the company. truthfully i like modeling and painting as my hobby. the games just a bonus really.
>>
>>44666397
They don't, that's just Kevin Rowntree on his lunch break.
>>
>>44665775

nope, GW's sales decreased significanty after age of sigmar

also, there were zero age of sigmar release in the gw top28 end of the year list, not even the starter box
>>
>>44666449
10/10 reading there champ I wasn't talking about you.
>a lot of 40k guys over here

Also battles with one model is a worthless point because that is the most uninteresting shit imaginable, who actually plays that?
>>
>>44666561
Ah sorry then anon. and to awnser your questions, children. Also as i said, because its so small parents will be more inclined to buy the models as they wont need much.
>>
>People aren't buying Fantasy because the rulebook is 500 pages and costs $100 before you even buy an army book/units
>Let's make it free and four pages with no army books, just a stat page for each

Why such extremes? Why not a $20 book that has say 30 pages of rules, 10 pages of lore, a two-page spread showing off each army and separate pdf army star scrolls?
>>
>>44666601
The Problem here, is that children don't have disposable income on their own. they require each and every purchase to be done by their parents. That is a pretty shit business model.
A game like Age of Sigmar needs to appeal to young adults and late teens to sell, but they've lost most of those that where interested in fantasy war-games when they shafted Warhammer fantasy battles.
Now, the only ones interested are people who like 40k, but that just leads into Age of Sigmar cannibalizing the 40k community for money. money they where already going to spend o 40k in the first place.
>>
>>44666802
>the only ones interested are people who like 40k

When will this meme die
>>
>>44667019
When it stops being relevant I suppose.
>>
>>44666601
Parents will buy X-Wing, because it has an IP than is instantly recognized be everyone and right now is everywhere.
>>
File: fag.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>44665794
Youre the faggot, faggot. Faggot, faggot, faggot.
>>
>>44667439

No one is interested in Age of Sigmar.
>>
>>44666546
Where can I see that list?
And is BaC No1-27?
>>
>>44667986

Warhammer app. BaC didn't feature on the list.

here is the list if you don't want to bother wiht the app
1. Smaug
2. Knight Warden
3. Skitarii Rangers/Vanguard
4. Space Marines Tactical Squad
5. Tyranid Swarm
6. Blood Angels Tactical Squad
7. Bloodthirster
8. Cadian Defense Force
9. Admech Ironstrider/Dragoon
10. Admech Onager Dunecrawler
11. Drop Pod
12. Necron Battleforce
13. Harlequin Troupe
14. AdMech Sicarians
15. Toxicrene/Maleceptor
16. Zoanthropes/Venomthropes
17. Tyrannocyte
18. Chaos Space Marines
19. Harlequin Starweaver/Voidweaver
20. Mortarchs
21. Nagash
22. Space Marine Devastator Squad
23. Tau Stormsurge
24. Militarum Tempestus Scions
25. Land Raider Crusader
26. Glottkin
27. Baneblade
28. Blight Kings
>>
>>44668314
Thx. so it is a 27 entry list, as Smaug is obviously some sort of joke, I take it

Also is has the stormsurge init. This makes me cry
>>
>>44668380
>Thx. so it is a 27 entry list, as Smaug is obviously some sort of joke, I take it

dont underestimate the LOTR fanbase

90% of the people who got the dragon arent playing GW's games, just got it because its a fucking huge LOTR dragon. one of our local buddies is a commission painter, he did fucking 6 of it this year, none to wargaming players
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.