[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Force of Will vs. Magicthe Gathering
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 54
File: FoW_vs_MtG.jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
FoW_vs_MtG.jpg
39 KB, 480x360
Since FoW is getting popular because "insert reason here" and Magic is getting less new players, lets discuss the current pro vs cons from each game.

FoW:

Pros:
> Cheap to get into the game
> Rules are not so complicated (since there is a library for Lands and another library for the rest of your spells, you will never get mana screwed and the game have some mechanics from old WoW TCG and MtG.
> The number of players is increasing so there will be more places to play tourneys.

Cons:
> The fucking weeb art (like 75% of it tho some of them looks less weeb).


MtG:
Pros:
> Have many formats in the game.
> Tons of cards with lot of mechanics from many expansion, allowing the player to choose many strategies and style of play.
> Got cool art (noot weeb oriented).
>Got an online mode if you are not into playing with real cards in a LGS (tho the interface is shit).

Cons:
> The barrier to enter into the game is high in all formats and modes atm because of the secondary market.
> The R&D is decreasing the power of newer sets, making almost imposible to see a reprint of a powerful card from last expansions or getting new cards playable in other formats.
>>
FoW is for dorks
>>
MtG is for dweebs
>>
inb4 "muh netrunner"
>>
>>44662200
ive never actually looked into netrunner, and for the longest time thought it was an online only game. how is it compared to the competition?
>>
>>44662269
It's a good game but I think it doesn't really have the same support
>>
>>44661331
MTG is more or less the more popular, slightly more managed TCG version of WoW. Its not going to go anywhere. If anything, less new players means less normies shitting it up. The last few sets have been utter shit since it got a large boost of popularity.
>>
>>44662269
It's not really competing with MtG as it is a LCG rather than a CCG. Though, it's fun, but much like MtG the barrier of entry is now rather high as the game has been going on for quite some time and if you want a complete collection there are an absurd amount of datapacks and expansions you need to buy. You also have to buy three Core Sets if you want a full set of every card in it.
>>
>>44661331
Force of Will looks pretty horrible. Don't know how you'd ever touch those cards.

You also forgot about Limited in Magic which is OK and the main reason because I'm (still) interested in that game. If competitive constructed isn't your thing anymore turn to other formats like EDH or 2HG.
>>
Why not both?
>>
Can FoW be playsd with more than two players?

Also, it seems just as stupidly expensive as Magic.
>>
>>44661331
>FoW is getting popular
>The number of players is increasing so there will be more places to play tourneys.
lol
>>
>>44664898
>I haven t looked up how many force of will tournaments are actually happen
>I haven't read that they give you tons of free shit just for going
>:^)
>>
>>44664595
Yes it can, but some card rules become a little weird if you try it. You can also play a game with 4 people as two teams of two. Each teach shares a life pool, but not fields.

Also in my experience force of will is tons cheaper. The most expensive card you will see floating around right now would be one of the Uber rulers, and they are only selling for $150. Compared to magic that's a dream.
>>
>>44663963
>>44664534
MtG is more expensive from what I've heard of FoW. Especially for high-level play.
>>
>>44661331
I think the issues of mana flood and screw would be reduced in this game, but not sure.
Obviously, MtG has managed to work around their mana system, but IMHO, they haven't really resolved it completely.
That's just my opinion.
>>
>>44665087
So it's just as retarded with the prices.
>>
>>44662200
Did you seriously just use the word normies non-sarcastically?
Come on now.


I'd agree that MtG trying to get more sales by making the planeswalkers into identifiable characters and not mystical super-intenties was a mistake, however.
It explained the whole game, and I thought the imagery of actually creating land on the spot and whatnot was far, far more interesting for me as a player.
>>
>>44665140
The $150 is a one-of, though. It's your General/Commander, essentially.
>>
File: Black Lotus.jpg (111 KB, 480x680) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Black Lotus.jpg
111 KB, 480x680
>>44665140
$150 is the *most* expensive.
Pic related.
>>
>>44665140
>Post says its cheaper than Magic
>Says the most expensive card in FoW is cheaper than the most expensive MtG cards
>It is
>This anon replies to that post with no other explanation
>SO ITS JUST AS RETARDED WITH THE PRICES
What.
>>
>>44665087
Whoa wait what the fuck. Isn't a box like 40 bucks? What fucking card triples the value of the box?

Also what's the average amount of money to usually build a deck?
>>
>>44665405
>>44665465
Who the fuck is playing Vintage?
Compare it to Legacy, Modern or Standard.
It'll probably be cheaper to get a deck for FoW than for the first two, but thanks to shit balance, formats and powercreep, Japanese CCGs combine the turnover of Standard with the singular price development of Legacy.
So unless we are talking Pokemon levels of reprints here, it'll get more expensive than Magic quickly.
>>
>>44665504
>>44665304
>>44665140
>>44665087
>>44665465
>>44665539
Wouldn't a lot of these price issues depend heavily on how you play the game and get into each new set?
>>
>>44665591
Depends.
The current overpowered Ruler (read: commander) is >>44665087
You don't have to buy it, and you can just do casual stuff until a set strikes your interest.

Personally, I started with the Knights Engage box, which was $40, comes with some good material, and a half set of dual lands.
>>
>>44665591
Sure. You could also play pauper MtG.
You can try and play any CCG on the cheap. But in reality, with most groups the power starts to spiral up quickly once the arms race has begun, and then you either start spending or get left in the dust.
>>
>>44661331
CCGs suck in general. The game literally boils down to "he who spends the most money on cards will win 95% of the time." It's a really toxic business model.

Living Card Games FTW. Everyone has the same set and starts from an even starting point. This removes a lot of the "collecting" elements that really favor obnoxious autists and puts the emphasis back on skill and luck.
>>
>>44665647
Not if you play them right.

You can always lend a deck to someone if its such a problem. CCG players are pretty flexible in my experience.
>>
>>44665140

Only the general as i know, but there are cheap generals that are one of in each deck and see competitive play.

Its like a tarmogoyf, but you dont need it to play the game since there are more types of deck that can beat easily the one that use it.
>>
>>44665647
Collecting can be fun if the art is good.
Also, if you're good at it and/or lucky, it has the potential to bring a profit to you, so I don't see what's so wrong.
>>
File: heh.png (151 KB, 1515x675) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
heh.png
151 KB, 1515x675
>>44661331

Dunno why, it just amused me.
>>
>>44665753
What about the cards that conform the whole deck?

How cheap are they?
How much cost each booster box?
How is the distribution of common, uncommons and rares in each pack?

Most of the art repels me from the game. Why should I play it?
>>
Why the hell are you all so bad at explaining this.

The $150+ cards are all uber rares. Which are all monochromes of existing cards. In other words you don't actually need them. The most expensive card in the game at base value only runs $30+ and its getting cycled out of competitive within the end of the year. The current FOTM Ruler only runs about $20.
>>
>>44665753
>see competitive play
A lot of cheap rogue decks sees play in mtg tournaments too. But if you are talking about competitive, it is Tier 1 or bust.

>>44665826
But how much costs to buy a good deck and most importantly, is it possible to draft, or other sorts of limited events?
>>
>>44665816
>Everything about the game except how it plays as a game

If its a fun game, get the game.

Arts not that bad any way if any tolerance at all for weeb, really.
>>
File: arla.jpg (310 KB, 1103x780) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
arla.jpg
310 KB, 1103x780
>>44665826
As to why it should be played, each starter deck comes largely with playsets of each card, so none of the shitty 1 of each rare theme decks you get with most tcgs.

After just messing around with the Arla/White deck in particular I can see that it is built with the intention of easily building up to a turn 4-7 win. What other pre-constructed starter in other games will actually teach you how to win their game?
>>
>>44665826
The dragon art looks pretty cool imo.

The expensive caards are like the planeswalker cards you get from buying the stupid nerf garruk axe.

Most commons and uncommons are cheap as fuck.

Not baiting, but FoW would be apretty good game is the fucking art wasnt so weeb. I could care less about the life points in 3 digits, but fuck, the weeb art is a bullet in the foot for me.
>>
>>44665826
Fucking thank you. So it's similar to Yugioh's ghost rare thing I assume? Just a fancy rarity for a card found at other rarities.

>>44665886
Cool. How easy would it be to upgrade a starter deck into something a bit more serious?

Also is there a visual database to look at cards and figure out what is gonna stay and cycle out yet? What's the current meta like too?
>>
File: fowlazybackground.jpg (89 KB, 600x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fowlazybackground.jpg
89 KB, 600x600
>>44661331
>>44665884
>>44665816

You know, about this artwork. Everyone keeps saying its web, but the real issue I have with it is like 90% of them are waifu bait females.
I still am thinking that maybe a lot of this could be due to the shock of seeing weeb art on CCG when you're used to MtG style.
But really, they don't even try with some of these.

...
...

Yeah I'm still pathetic enough to purchase these waifu softcore cards.
Fuck it.
>>
File: Wingman_of_Armalla.jpg (118 KB, 480x670) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Wingman_of_Armalla.jpg
118 KB, 480x670
>>44665875
>But how much costs to buy a good deck and most importantly, is it possible to draft, or other sorts of limited events?

Competitive decks run about $150 and most of that cost is largely consolidated to 6-10 cards in the deck so a competitive and casual deck rent necessarily that different. I have no idea about draft

>>44665906
>FoW would be apretty good game is the fucking art wasnt so weeb. I could care less about the life points in 3 digits, but fuck, the weeb art is a bullet in the foot for me.

Unfortuantely that part of this doesn't seem to be going away which is great for people who can take it but not so for other people. there isn't much that can be done about that so its understandable.

>>44665886
The starter deck also consist of mostly female angels and fairies. the only identifiable males in it are the Wingmen. only two cards in the deck don't have flying so except for the option of using a specific combo within the deck for turning enemies into flying and destroying them.

So the wingmen seem to have been included for the sheer sake of making a the joke of "Arla and his Wingmen"
>>
>>44665886
I haven't bought a starter deck in ages, but a lot of mtg decks comes with tips in how to play the deck, sometimes they even come with booster recommendations.
>>
>>44666113

They still come with a tip on how to play the deck, but they dont recommend on what to get anymore. Maybe because it comes with 2 boosters in it.
>>
>>44665886
>What other pre-constructed starter in other games will actually teach you how to win their game?
Errr... I'm not against you here but..

All of the MtG ones (at least lately)?
>>
>>44666165

I'm talking bout the mtg starters btw.
>>
>>44661331
FoW cards themselves are lower quality and the need for Rulers rubs me the wrong way.
>>
I think in the end, we can't know which one we like unless we play both games.
There's so much you don't realize until you're actually sitting at a table playing these games.
>>
I really wish the cards had the names of illustrators like MTG cards.
>>
>>44665886
This art is good, and I would play something like this.

>>44666094
>>44666106
But a half-naked girl and a fuccboi? There is no way I can play with or against with cards like these in public. Why do all manga-oriented card games print lewds? Ygo, vanguard, w/s, well, I guess only pokemon is safe from the curse.
>>
>>44661331
>Rules are not so complicated (since there is a library for Lands and another library for the rest of your spells, you will never get mana screwed and the game have some mechanics from old WoW TCG and MtG.
This is s con, not a pro
>>
>>44666189
>FoW cards themselves are lower quality
What you mean like the material?
>>
>>44666207
It does, it is in the left lower corner just at the right of the symbol.
>>
>>44666217
They're not THAT lewd.
People pretty much expect at this point any way.
>>
>>44666239
>moon runes
Fuck me
>>
>>44666217
Actually, a lot of the artwork I"m seeing isn't all that bad.
I'm seeing a lot of stuff like this.

That being said, it does kind of seem like the Japanese (or at least Japanese NEET otaku) have a higher tolerance for this >>44666094 sort of shit.
>>
>>44666249
I mean, they are lewd enough to make me uncomfortable. Also what is it with those flavor texts?
>>
>>44666353
Who know?
Translations, particularly quick translations, can cause problems too...
>>
>>44666094
>>44666106
Whats with this stark difference in artistic quality?
>>
>>44666446
Shit.
I meant to reference

>>44666094
vs
>>44665886
>>
>>44666275

Its a jap TCG dude, what were you expecting?

75% of the card I saw in this game have or waifu material or lewd art. There are pretty good art but it is only a selected few.

>>44666189
Dunno, I had some cards on my hand and the quality is not that bad. Inferior to MtG of course, but over the top better than YuGiOh.

>>44666221
Dude, back in 1994 and in the first years of Magic, they had no official rules of the fucking game, there were many problem in the first years of Magic that they had to implement official rules to their fucking game, and that didnt solve it at all.
>>
>>44661331
>and Magic is getting less new players
Says who? Events have been hitting record highs, and at least through Khans (not sure about BFZ), every first set of a block has broken the existing record for most packs sold.

Magic is GROWING, not shrinking.
>>
>>44666231
Yeah,l can peel the foiling off of FoW cards rather easily.
>>
File: persephone.jpg (65 KB, 336x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
persephone.jpg
65 KB, 336x480
>>44665987
>So it's similar to Yugioh's ghost rare thing I assume? Just a fancy rarity for a card found at other rarities.

Yeah they come at essentially expedition land rarity of 1 in every 7 boxes out of 12 or some shit I'm quoting the figure

>Cool. How easy would it be to upgrade a starter deck into something a bit more serious?

pretty easily however some of the decks power is specifically limited by their ruler. the black Deck or Rezzard specifically comes with potentially powerful effects that only apply if he is the decks ruler like Persephone. It allows the deck to stand its ground with built decks to a certain level but if you wanted to use a different ruler their signature cards don't carry the same weight.

This could just be a problem with Rezzard. I've only seen his and Arlas

as for visual Databases I know there's apps and sites for it already. the current "standard" type includes the Grimm and Alice Clusters or sets, With the grimm cycling out by the end of the year. as for the meta I'm not too familiar but it seems everyone is using the FOTM ruler Reflect // Refrain due to its versatility and compatibility with many types of decks

>>44666446
>>44666455

The Dante speciically came from a special release box, "Vingolf : Engage Knights" which was nothing but waifu cards. I couldn't tell you why they all suck artwise either
>>
>>44666504
Eh.
Well, I guess you just have to protect them better and be sure to purchase sleeves.
>>
>>44666541
Yeah but that doesn't change the fact the production value isn't the same. I still play plenty of magic decks unsleeved, when the card game assumesy o u need sleeves to keep their shit together, it ain't a good sign.
>>
>>44666519
As for the lewd thing...

This is currently the most expensive base card in the game with copies going at $30+. Uncensored(I assume) misprints without Stockings go for $99. it really is unavoidable if you can't stand that kind of thing. Though I feel like the recent set has been at least tasteful about it
>>
>>44666582
I guess.
At least increases the value of cards if you take care of them maybe, but yeah.. You'd need stronger sleeves to make up for it even.
I just cheap simple sleeves for MtG. They don't really increase the durability that much.
If these bend and smash too easily, that means I'll have to make up for more.

I don't like that either.
>>
>>44666643
Also why am I missing entire words in my sentences?
Jesus christ I need better sleep.
>>
>>44666588
Saw some of those on ebay.
I don't think they're uncensored, given its relatively limited demographic any way and what we've already seen of this CCG.
Since they clearly make waifu cards it would be a fairly obvious move for them to make a stockings version, and a no stockings version purely as a special version of the same card.

...Granted, her ass looks flat at least from that angle, she has almost no tits, she's got deathly skinny arms and not a single ounce of muscle on her body.
>>
File: 1449081154646.jpg (462 KB, 1050x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449081154646.jpg
462 KB, 1050x1080
>>44663963
>>44661331
>>44666094
>>44666217
All these triggered normie manginas. Afraid your feminist girlfriends would disapprove and accuse you of fatshaming her?
>>
File: otter_space.jpg (38 KB, 720x659) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
otter_space.jpg
38 KB, 720x659
>>44666519
Any recommended apps? Gonna ask my lgs about their scene after work. I'd like to try and figure out what a basic deck for tournament play would look like.
>>
File: cheshire.jpg (238 KB, 732x1028) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cheshire.jpg
238 KB, 732x1028
>>44667207
For google play at least I they have an official app Willpower System for scanning QR code stamps that sometimes come in packs. There's also a FoW Compendium available.
>>
>>44666094
That's from a special edition beginner set. Normal cards have regular backgrounds
>>
File: machina.png (1 MB, 615x845) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
machina.png
1 MB, 615x845
Magic constructed formats are absolute garbage. I only play EDH.

Luckily, this means I transitioned fairly well to Force of Will, especially since the power level is so high.

The game feels a bit too "fast" for me right now, considering Reflect/Refrain and shit like red rush being so prominent, but the game is so cheap to acquire playsets for that I really don't mind.

If you're autistic about muh art direction, you're fucked. But if you actually play games because of their rulesets, Force is great.
>>
>>44666900
>She

Uh, anon...
>>
>>44667518
That dude looks pretty rad
>>
File: caturdayfow.jpg (85 KB, 960x568) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
caturdayfow.jpg
85 KB, 960x568
>>44667620
Nope. If you look at the chest area, its still fairly large to be a normal man.

Also, although you can't really see it I guess, there's no hint of bulging in the panties. In fact, just saw this higher quality version of the tights cheshire and you can see it goes in at the crotch.
It's a woman.
Either way, androgynous, so yeah.
I hadn't actually considered they were going for androgynous appeal for some reason. That kind of makes sense.
But from what I'm seeing, that's a women or they messed it up.
>>
>>44667916
I imagine they were going for something like this
>>
>>44667940
>furry shitting down people's chimney
I hope they were not.
>>
File: 1446580385265.png (322 KB, 300x438) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446580385265.png
322 KB, 300x438
Excuse me weebs and neckbeards, best card game comimg through.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/best-selling-trading-card-game
>>
>>44667940
Yeah. It makes sense I suppose.
I think the real problem is they didn't execute it quite right.
>>
>>44665539
>Who the fuck is playing Vintage?
I know several people who do. Most of them don't even use proxies.
>>
>>44667971

Arg what a disgusting shitty art.
>>
>>44661331
>Magic is getting less new players
Sauce?
>>
>>44668585

Not OP, but here in Cleveland, we used to have 40+ players at our FNMs befor BfZ. Now we are sharing the store on fridays with FoW players because we can barely get to 8-10 ppk in standard. None of my friends is excited about Oath to the point that they dont care anymore and my LGS dont know if they should be running single prerelease.
>>
>>44668669

There are no new players since BfZ happened and those new players just stopped playing at certain point because a fucking deck cost like 500-600$ in Standard. Other players just moved on or started playing YGO and FoW.
>>
>>44668770
This thread again?

You guys sound like sissy girls complaining about the price.

New players? We dont fucking need those plebs. If they cant pay for their hobby that means they are poor as fuck and shouldnt have played mtg in the first place and shouldbeworking harder oor get a better job. Im not even shitposting.
>>
>>44668852
>New players? We dont fucking need those plebs. If they cant pay for their hobby that means they are poor as fuck and shouldnt have played
You need new players when old players see bfz as a bullshit sham and stop playing standard though. It's not just a money thing. The set sucked and riding off old fetch lands is a stupid marketing and set design move.
>>
>>44665647
So I looked this up. Is the only difference between a LCG and a CCG is that the LCG has absolutely no random cards in a pack?
>>
>>44668545
At least they have good art of LEVEL TEN TRAINS.
>>
>>44669104
If they cant pay for a hobby they can go play something else. We dont need someone who cant pay for a deck. 500$ is expensive? Work and earn money for a couple of months and then buy your cards. Still dont have the money? Too bad, the game is not for you and you should not have any hobby in general till you stop being a poorfag.
>>
>>44669179
Netrunner at least has draft packs. But yeah. When you buy an expansion or booster for a LCG you know exactly which cards you're gonna get and that will generally include an entire playset of all the cards. For some reason Fantasy Flight decided that Netrunner would be better if the core set didn't include entire playsets of every card however, and I'm not sure if any other LCGs does it the same way.
>>
File: 1451765239148.png (51 KB, 200x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451765239148.png
51 KB, 200x200
>>44667971
>yu gi oh
>anything but pleb central
>>
>>44669253
>level 10 trains
My unrelated chap of african offspring.
>>
>>44665790

Maybe because it encapsulates how negative /tg/ can be in three posts of a few words each?
>>
>>44669269
Don't expect any growth if it cause that much.
As much as it works in the short term, it can't work for long.
>>
>>44669719
Casual Draft covers that my friend. There will be new players in the game. It doesnt matter if they leave at some point. Once they bought boosters from their lgs, the job is done and noone will give a fuck about it.
>>
>>44669280
All LCGs do it the same way. FFG's reasoning is that this way they can put more different cards in a core box, which shows off more of the game and makes it more likely that more people will enjoy it, while still keeping the price of the box reasonable. After all, not everyone plays competitively, and for casual play one core is enough for most of their games.

For the LCGs I've played, here's how I view their necessity of multiple cores:
1) Star Wars - two cores absolutely required, but never three (since two gives full playsets of everything - Star Wars only allows two copies of a card in a deck)
2) Netrunner - one copy is fine for casual play and low-level competitive play; get two if you're very competitive. This will give you full playsets of everything except about 10 cards, and you can just buy a third copy of those on ebay or something
3) Lord of the Rings (a different beast than the others, by virtue of being coop and thus not having a competitive scene) - one core is fine unless you're super hardcore. There are a lot of 1x cards in the core, but expansions replace most of those with better alternatives
4) Game of Thrones 2nd edition - two cores recommended for casual play; three for competitive (lots of 1x cards in the box, including most headliner characters)
>>
>>44669851

Would you enlighten me how can draft covers the income of new players who want to play the game?

You are just shitposting m8. Go back to your shithole and shut the fuck up.
>>
File: FUCK YOU.png (523 KB, 500x698) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
FUCK YOU.png
523 KB, 500x698
>>44661331
WIXOSS is better.
>>
>>44671374
Isn't the main selling point it's a crossover of Anime characters? What's the gameplay like?
>>
>>44661331
Is FoW yet another MtG clone with barely changed rules?
>>
>>44672071
Where did you get that idea?
>>
>>44672071

Its like a mixture of old WoW TCG (You have a "Commander/Class card" called Ruler) with the MtG mechanics (you use "land" as a mana and pay your spells with it).

There are some similar mechanics like flying, etc.
>>
File: [RAUGHS]_1.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
[RAUGHS]_1.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>>44661331

>Weeb art
>A con

lmfao westaboos
>>
>>44668669

Ya, the assistance on my LGS decreased too. We used to have around 25-30 ppl for fridays, now were are not getting more than 12 ppl per fnm.

Rotation will fix this, right? RIGHT?
>>
>>44667658
this guy is the least useful of them all, i mained him when he came out, but the lack of colorless creatures and spells makes him a bit useless btm
>>
Anyone have some deck lists for Scheherazade? I just started this game and had pulled her from a pack I bought today. She looks like a lot of fun to play.
>>
Why do Asian CCGs always go for power and defense stats in the hundreds?
>>
>>44673197
By reading the cards?

I mean look at >>44666106, replace "resonator" to "creature" and divide the att/def by 300 and you get a (pretty pushed) legit MtG card.
>>
>>44673868

Ya, its almost a MtG clone. That's why some MtG players moved to FoW in the first place, just like old WoW TCG players moved to MtG when blizzard fucked them off.
>>
>>44673559
Because Japs use currency in the hundreds.
>>
>>44661331
As a long time MTG player, the game has grown very stale. The fun I used to have with it just isn't there anymore. They don't make it like they used to.

Haven't played FoW. Can't comment on it much, but the art really isn't that big of a deal for me. I don't see it being that different than MTG's full-edge mode they've been pulling lately with the art and flavor text: it's just a different flavor of cringe. I stomached one, I can do another. As long as the game is fun, I don't really care.
>>
>>44668852
>New players? We dont fucking need those plebs.
>Im not even shitposting
You are shitposting.
>>
mana screw is the worst feeling in a CCG. and it sucks when it happens in limited where there's arguably very little you can do to mitigate the bad luck. It also sucks that the best cards to mitigate mana screw are almost guaranteed to be the most expensive.

I hate this fucking archaic piece of shit game. Seriously, fuck MTG.

But I still wouldn't be caught dead playing anime pedo bait; the waifuing.

Game with both excellent mechanics and not shit art fucking when?
>>
File: wixoss rules.jpg (1 MB, 2515x1789) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
wixoss rules.jpg
1 MB, 2515x1789
>>44671762
No, WIXOSS is a standalone card game that released at the same time as its anime, which was the opposite of a card commercial because it never focused on the card game.

The gameplay is really fun. It also has an online place to play. http://www.webxoss.com/
>>
>>44661331
fow's designs look dumb
weiß schwarz at least has actual anime characters instead of just weeb bait.
>>
>>44678426

> Oh look, MtG mechanics all over again. they even have colorless
>>
>>44678825
They took colors from MtG, yup.
>>
>>44678825
>>44678919
Nothing wrong with re-using an idea if they try to add something to it.
People are too hyper-focused on originality. It doesn't work that way.

Most everything is heavily based off of something, and if you look deep enough into it fucking everything is an obvious rip-off of something.
>>
>>44678757

Not OP, but hte game is getting popular in many game stores. Is this the result of shitty block Battle for Zendkiar and the increased price for newbies?

>>44669269
>>44669851

You guys are part of the problem that is killing the game and you can go fuck yourselves.

I've seen the art of FoW and some of them are weeb pandering, but it also have cool art. I might try to get into the game since our LGS started to run a tourney the same day as FNM.

>>44668669

They guy is probably right. FNMs had a lot of players before new zendikar arrived. Now they dont have as many players (running 8-10 ppl tourney yesterday when it reached 30+ ppl when Theros-Khans were legal). Probably people are just buying singles/booster boxes of Oath and waiting for fetchs to rotate with new Innistrad.
>>
>>44678825
Jesus christ you must be trolling
>>
>>44679016
Good.
Magic deserves to die after what they did to the planeswalker lore.

The originally planeswalkers pretty much explained everything that went on in batle as just something these wizards could do/see/whatever (e.g. create/summon giant swathes of land).
This too me seems far more interesting and engaging within the context of MtG than just oh Chandra can shoot fire.
Not to mentioning the overall sense of pandering it gave to the series.
>>
>>44661331
>Mentioning cons of FoW
>Not mentioning Reflect/Refrain

Nice job.
>>
>>44679748

Dont makeme remember Chandra fucking killed Ulamog and Kozilek by burning them to death. BURNING TWO ELDRAZI TITANS THAT OLD WALKERS HAD TON OF PROBLEM DEALING WITH.
>>
>>44679748
I'm not into Japansee CCGs, but its kinda funny people are hating on these weeb TCGs for being weeb waifu shit when MtG already made the biggest pandering mistake out of all the CCGs.

They turned chandra into a waifu and turned planeswalkers overall into generic mascots.
>>
>>44680149
To be clear, I'm not into MtG either, partly for these same reasons and these reasons pretty much summarize how I feel about MtG as a whole.
>>
>>44680021
Wow really?
Fucking new planeswalkers are worse than I thought.
>>
>>44665087
YO, can't just say that. The Uber rulers are premium-beyond-premium, they are also available in regular foil and in non-foil. R&R, the OP ruler, is only $30 usually.
>>
>>44679802
R/R is the coolest part of FoW. Only reason I'm considering buying into it.
I'd build a draw-go style control. I hear that's a shitty brew since he's actually an aggro ruler?
>>
>>44680417

Ya, anon revealed some scans from the artbook some days ago, where it says how the eldrazi fall. Jace and Nissa made the Eldrazi mortal by bringing Ula and Kozi's entire manifestation to Zendikar. Gideon kept the spawns at bay and chandra just roasted them to death.
>>
>>44661331
>rules are shallow
>pro
>>
>>44667124
You seem like a lovely person who won't end up committing a mass shooting and leaving behind a manifesto at some point down the line.
>>
>>44679748
>summon giant swathes of land
That is not what your lands represent.
>>
>>44679748
I still love magic, but I do think that the story has gotten worse since we went from planeswalkers being a big deal, and having them be few and far between, to them being fairly run of the mill. They could just call them wizards or mages at this point, because they appear to just be people with magical powers.
>>
Just waiting for the FFG LCG L5R
>>
>>44680021
The reason the old gnag didn't kill the Titans was because Ugin was convinced that they served some sort of higher purpose in the multiverse and that by killing them they would unleash yet another apocalyptic event that threatened the existence of everything.

So, obviously, that's what's gonna happen now. The future of the multiverse will be threatened because of the rash actions by Jace, and Ugin, Sorin and Nahiri will have to become the new Galact... eh, Eldrazi Titans.
>>
So I want to play FoW as a Magic player and I don't know how to get into it. I've heard the starter decks are actually kinda ok and you can upgrade them pretty easily? I like esper durdle strategies going long and having interaction and inevitability, is there a starter deck for that kind of stuff?
>>
File: 1401647361060.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1401647361060.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>>44677205

>But I still wouldn't be caught dead playing anime pedo bait; the waifuing.

Did you know, if you aren't a total unlikable faggot then no one will care. Though if the art is really that big of a deal for you, you are probably a total unlikable faggot.
>>
>>44680865
There are some decks floating around that are kinda ridiculous because you can drop big dudes really early, R/R can be built literally how ever you want to build it. Want dudes? Build dudes. Want control? Build control. Want burn? Build burn. Despite restricting rulers by being stupidly good, they massively increase potentially playable decks by almost completely removing bad draws. The best MTG analogue is that R/R is JtMS that you get on turn 0 for free and don't have to spend any mana to get and lets you see 3 cards off the top of your deck before your second turn even starts and is almost impossible to kill.

R/R just enables magical christmasland to happen with an increased frequency. That is the best way to define it.

I still think Valentina 2.0 is the second best ruler after R/R for the current standard rulers.
>>
File: img270.jpg (139 KB, 425x580) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img270.jpg
139 KB, 425x580
>>44683699

Sorry friend, flat better than DCT.
>>
>>44666217
>well, I guess only pokemon is safe from the curse.

>hasn't seen new Skyla or Brigette FAs
>>
File: image.png (179 KB, 245x342) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
179 KB, 245x342
>>44683893
Kek
>>
>>44683599
I want to fuck Piruruk.
>>
>>44666094
The vingolf set is a collaboration with different IPs. That's a cellphone game called engage knights.
The assists are taken from the game directly as a promotion.
>>
>>44683966

So now we have humans and pokemons in their art together in a pokemon type card?

Well, thatspretty refrshing.
>>
Question, is there any rules like Colour Identity from EDH for deck building? I looked at some of the 'Ruler' cards and they state that they are a certain attribute (colour). Can I only use other cards of that colour or is it just for other interactions I haven't seen yet?
Like if I were to use this ruler, can I only play blue?
>>
>>44686733
Nope. You could play mono-red with her, if you really wanted.
>>
>>44686979
Nice. Not him, but color identity is the dumbest fucking part about EDH.
>>
>>44686979
Sweet, time to play Voltron.dec.
If there was anywhere in Australia playing this game and if I don't fall victim to the "I don't want to abandon MtG because I spelt so much money on it" trope.
What's the current set rotation?
>>
>>44679748
>Magic deserves to die after what they did to the planeswalker lore.
I agree. Expanding it beyond a few random quotes of flavor text was fucking retarded.

>The originally planeswalkers pretty much explained everything
Oh, you're one of them.

No, "the orignally planeswalkers" didn't explain shit. There was no real metaplot until around the weatherlight era.

Then they had to get stupid.
>>
>>44666094
Go to Hell!
Listen to my verses!
>>
>>44666094
Go to Hell! Listen to my verses!
>>44666106
>The strong sense of responsibility drove this man to wake up even after death.
>>44666519
>Hey Rezzard, since you're here, I hope you'll call me if things start getting interesting!
>>44667518
>Go Marybell, with this fight we'll test your abilities.
>>44686733
>There is only one path to victory, make allies.

Jesus fucking Christ, ever bit of flavor text is atrocious. Couldn't they get someone who spoke english as a first language to rewrite these to flow naturally?
>>
>>44668298
congrats, we're the 99% faggots
>>
>>44684192
i know one with pink hair and she's pretty great
>>
File: 42.jpg (76 KB, 312x445) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
42.jpg
76 KB, 312x445
Why not both?
>>
>>44688005

You mean playing both tcg? Well depends on how much money you have for both hobbies and preferences (magic have expensive formats know as vintage, legacy and now modern). Also some people dontlike weeb art. If you have thee money and like weeb art, then you can play both games.
>>
I'd love that FoW have mied art (western style and eastern style) and creat something like Marvel vs Capcom. Something like your west general ala Captain America bolstering your soldiers vs your typical weeb fairy wizard.
>>
File: image.jpg (862 KB, 648x900) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
862 KB, 648x900
>>44686100
I'm convinced Pokémon has the coolest card designs of any tcg
>>
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 343x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 343x480
>>44689475
I also like how singles are pretty cheap. Pretty much of the decks that win Worlds are $200 or less.
>>
>That feel when you realise that Send Back can bounce Artemis
>That feel when playing Arla with 4 Artemis, 4 Dark Machina, and Send Back
>>
>>44690021
I use fiethsing, magus of holy wind and just bounce it back with refrain and begat damage every turn.
>>
>>44665405
>He thinks Black Lotus is the most expensive Magic card!
Hahaha. Most iconic valuable card sure, but the most expensive ones are like the test print ones where only 4 copies were ever made.
>>
>>44690075
How are you using Refrain when I killed her at the end of your turn?
>>
>>44690137
How did you kill refrain?
>>
>>44683966
That is so fucking hard to read
>>
>>44690302
After you used Reflect's judgement, I gave Refrain flying with Almerius then fired Artemis at her.
>>
If Duel Masters/Kaijudo was still alive here then I would be playing that instead of MTG and FoW.
>>
>>44662200
My only problem with the game is the asymmetrical play style. I don't like games where one side gets treated different and has slightly different rules. Just not my thing.
>>
I haven't gotten to play FoW in some time now.

They ever fuck with Bahamut?
>>
>>44690940
Bahamut decks are better if you switch Bahamut for Reflect.

They dun goofed. Really fucking hard.
>>
>>44690979
So haste sword is still a thing for 3-turn games?
>>
>>44691095
There's a regalia called Deathscythe now that stops your opponent's J-ruler from having imperishable or swiftness, so it can be stopped.
>>
>>44691189
I take it that's something everyone's sticking in their side deck

How easy will it be to upgrade my old Scheherazade deck? Would that even be playable?

I just want cute generals and control decks, really. Why I got into the game in the first place.
>>
>>44691243
The J side of Reflect is a little girl, and the card is about as controlling as it's actually possible for a ruler to get. Like holy shit the card should not have been printed.
>>
It's hard to convince myself to get into a new card game after Vanguard tanked, but I will definitely see how much it costs to netlist this game, and show up at weekly tournaments. I feel like the art and flavor text is kind of stupid, but it looks like it is free from most of MTG's bullshit.
>>
>>44691459
It's like Magic if boosters didn't contain 90% shit, and if Wizards weren't scared of printing good cards.
>>
>>44690331
>running arla
Unless you're a valentina 2.0 fag.
>>
>>44680149
The problem with Magic's storyline is the same one facing design.

Wizards keep saying "hey these people who put no effort into understanding complex things don't understand complex things, better make things less complex"
>>
>>44687009
The shitters defending the current ruling on hybrid are the second worst.

Sheldon "George Lucas of Magic" Menery trying to ban off-colour fetches is the worst.
>>
>>44688477
No, I just meant to play Legacy, the greatest possible TCG experience. Cheaper AND more fun in the long run!
>>
>>44661331
Isn't FoW supposed to be about rad eldritch monstrosities?

Because I'm only seeing softcore pornographic fapbait.
>>
>>44689475
Sure, if you are fond of clusterfucks.
>>
>>44693060
No, it's a game about softcore fapshit that just happens to have eldrich horrors as well and oh god, why do I know this?
>>
>>44693060
There's a bunch of eldritch type monsters that have pretty cool designs.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 361x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 361x500
>>44693100
TEXTURED CARDS, my man.
>>
>>44693346
I loved these in Yugioh too

I remember pulling an ultimate rare Ccapacapu on the day of the set's release
>>
>>44693168
>>44693200
Now, if card design was like this I could see myself playing, but, as it is? No way.
>>
>>44693842
A lot of cards aren't as bad as people are making it out to be. Obviously things like fairies are moe uguu, but there are knights and regular looking wizards and stuff like that.
>>
>>44693873
Gib example.
>>
>>44694660
This handsome motherfucker.
>>
File: 1429975886052.png (100 KB, 284x312) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1429975886052.png
100 KB, 284x312
ITT: Anime on card stock vs. MTG master race.
>>
>>44694726
>Handsome
Citation needed.
>>
>>44683165
Okay, but they still existed on separate planes of existence and saw things from a perspective that others could scarcely comprehend such as utilizing large and quite obviously disparate areas of land as mana sources.
>>
>>44661331
>Cons:
>> The fucking weeb art (like 75% of it tho some of them looks less weeb).

That's a pro, you normalfag fuck.
>>
>>44694726

This guy's name sounds hilarious for some reason. Like 'mad demon' is some slang for being a badass or something.

>That nigga be Lancelot
>He Mad Demon yo
>>
>>44694726

Hey, this is a really nice card. The art is cool too.
>>
>>44664595
There are $2.5k FoW decks?

My guess is that a playset of Force of Will in mtg costs more than your average FoW deck
>>
>>44665647
CCGs are pay to PLAY, not pay to win

You're obviously shit at them. Everyone who uses pay to win as an excuse is shit at mtg. I've seen it dozens and dozens of times.
>>
>>44666588
>misprints without stockings

Well then it's not a fucking misprint then, is it? Misprints don't suddenly alter the art perfectly into something conveniently more lewd. This is pure weebshit waifu fan service. Anyone who doesn't see it has gone too far down the rabbit hole and there is no hope left for them.
>>
File: knightfullofdemon.png (54 KB, 119x196) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
knightfullofdemon.png
54 KB, 119x196
>>44694726
LOL that face
>>
>>44690078
I didn't care.
pls.
>>
>>44696258
>This is pure weebshit waifu fan service. Anyone who doesn't see it has gone too far down the rabbit hole and there is no hope left for them.

>Implying everyone didn't know this was fanservice to begin with and that denial has anything to do with it
What are you? A normie?
>>
>>44696527
Yes, fuck your animu
>>
>>44665641
Or you play Weiss, where you get badgered for playing competitively.

It's my best nerd fight I'm watching right now.
>>
I dont get this shit, why this TCG is getting popular now when there are no sign of this game last year on the LGS i go? Why it got days dedicated to their players now? Why are they running their fucking tourney along my FNMs?

Is magic really fucking it up or we just have to wait till fetchlands rotate to have a cheap standard again?
>>
>>44677205
>pedo bait
I haven't seen any lolis in any of the cards posted so far.
>>
>>44696849
>why this TCG is getting popular now when there are no sign of this game last year on the LGS i go?

Cuz it hasn't been around for very long.
>>
File: loli.jpg (34 KB, 250x349) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
loli.jpg
34 KB, 250x349
>>44696880

There are some, but represent a minority of it.

>>44693200
>>44694726

Why cant we have more of eldritch aberration and handsome dude and less from pic related?
>>
>>44696849
MtG just gets worse and worse. Feels too commercial and it has faults in its own system that they can only try to work around.
>>
>>44696849
I get bored of any TCG quickly. The longest holdouts are Magic, W/S and Netrunner.

All of them have their roots on Magic. MtG is going to be a while before it really dies.


>>44696880
Engage Knights was like 90% girls. Standard Japanese Normie to Pedo ratio is 20%.... So there are roughly 18% loli cards in the box.

There aren't that many, but for a lot of us, more than 1 is too many
>>
>>44697001
>only a little bit of pedo bait makes it okay
>don't worry officer, I only fucked that kid for like 20 seconds so it's not that bad
>>
>>44697045
Like anime isn't already like that
>>
>>44697019

I sold my MTG cards on ebay some days ago (my modern pool (snappys, tarmos, lilis, tron cards). Got like 2800$ from it.

How can I start playing this game? is there a guide or something regarding to rules and formats?
>>
>Basically finished the mainboard for Arla
>Oh wait I ain't got SHIT for stones

Fucking dual stones where are you.
>>
>>44697105

> Sold my modern pool

Wait what? Just wtf did you do anon? Ii..is it all for this weeb pedo bear you sick fuck? Disgusting.

What a fucking waste dude. A gold mine thrown into the toilet.
>>
>>44697001
Most of the newer cards in the Alice block seem to be better. It's when you go back to the Grimm block stuff and older than that where the card is literally "Name of Real World King with anime girl art".
>>
>>44697001
That's from a promo set.
>>
I actually don't mind R/R compared to Bahablast. The decks are sufficiently varied, and there's definitely room for rogue decks to shine. I've been playing Machina at my LGS without too much trouble.
>>
>>44697075
I was watching a video once by some weeaboo that actually decided to give a shit about loli in this way.
He essentially said that lolis are often in these series because they're cutebait not pedobait and hated that they are getting increasingly sexualized.

Seems like it could be legit.
But really, why does anyone care about doodles on a screen or piece of paper any way
I can't tell you who the guy is though, because he's a youtuber who decided to enable monetization
>>
>>44697325
Dark Machina is mai husbando. T3 untap, cast Laying the Foundation, then untap, call a stone, cast Dark Machina to both shuffle my library and get an Artemis on 4 counters. Value off the fucking chain.
>>
>>44697260

I can do whatever i want with my cards. I dont give a shit about magic anymore. When FNMs had 8-12 ppl since december in comparison to pre BfZ where there were around 30-40 ppl, you know something is wrong with the game.
>>
>>44697408
>T3 untap

T3 draw I mean. Fucking Magic.
>>
>>44697412
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzrjdSbcmic

He nails it quite well. I was telling my LGS that faster rotations would make the game more expensive and no one believed me. They kept saying "supply and demand" and dismissing everything I said.
>>
>>44697412
> selling your modern pool
> Caring about standard

Why the fuck you care about standard if your pool is just modern? That doesnt makes sense.

As some anon posted, there will be always new players. People come and people go. BfZ is aa bad block? Probably yes, but the low asistance is because the decks are degenerate right now. Once fetch rotates and the access to all mana colours is no longer available, new players will come back to play again.

>>44697460

> listening the opinion of a nobody

Seriously, the double rotation wont do a dammn thing to the game.
>>
>>44697540

I care because I used to play standard too, and when I came back to the game in innistrad, the decks were not that expensive as it is now.

> listening the opinion of a nobody

That guy that you call "nobody", gave me excellent analysis of many of MtG products. Thanks to his videos, I bought 4 boxes of the modern event deck, and now with the Inquisition of Kozilek spike, I will get my money back and get extra cash from it.
>>
>>44697659
Yeah whatever, have fun with your shitty weeb pedopandering game. Selling your modern pool was the worst thing you have done and time will prove me right.
>>
>shitty overpriced card game
>shitty overpriced weeaboo card game
I'll take a cyanide pill, please.
>>
>>44697770

FoW decks cost between 80$-150$ aprox. (Expensive card are just promos of existing cards).

MtG decks in standard format are costing around 400-700$.

For now I would take FoW and the cyanide pill of course
>>
>>44667971
best selling =/= best
>>
>>44697886
>$80-$150 vs $400-$700
Just the cyanide, please. There are so many better things I'd rather spend that sort of money on that if I typed up the list it would exceed 4chan's character limit.
>>
>>44697886
You fucking liar, show me proof that standard decks cost that much.
>>
File: minminmin.jpg (36 KB, 278x228) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
minminmin.jpg
36 KB, 278x228
Ive been wanting to get back into MTG, besides actual player interaction, is there any reason NOT to play MTG Online? I dont feel like driving an hour away to play.
>>
>>44697970
>he doesn't know
>>
>>44697955

I kind of understand your point. You can buy a PS4/Xbox or even non-hobby related things like clothes/food/cinema tickets. You gotta understand that hobbies cost you money like everything. If you prefer buying other things with your money its ok since its your money anyways.

>>44697970

Well, where should I start? the fetchlands or the gideons or maybe with the 70$ baby jace.

Oh and dont forget most decks have a set of 4 copies in it.

It get worst if you check modern staples prices.
>>
>>44698101
No one's saying it doesn't (and shouldn't) cost money. It's a matter of degrees. Paying Magic prices feels like a ripoff in terms what you pay in versus what you get out.
>>
>>44697105

I'm still waiting for a guide to get into FoW. Nothing guys?
>>
>>44698162
So don't buy it.
>>
>>44698162

Well, I met a lot of people when I started playing Magic. Some of them were jerks and tryhards who took seriously the game and other were polite with me. I'm friend with players from many LGS I go, and one of them gave me a job in his company as a programer.

I guess I got more than just fun with the game but dunno about the rest of people, specially those who just played magic to show how powerful their deck was.
>>
Doomtown
>>
>>44661331
How is this not going to be the next Vanguard?
>>
>>44699365
What do you mean with that?
>>
>>44699382
Vanguard was a game that was popular on /tg/ (or at least had a faggot creating threads) that died very abruptly and completely. Why would this game be any different?
>>
>>44699520
Then I hope that's the case. Personally I can't stand vanguard at all but that is only limited to the faggots in my LGS
>>
>>44699669

As I can remember, many lgs tried toñure peopñe into the ge with no succees even when vamguard had a tv sshow like yugioh.

The reason FoW got popular in many lgs is unknown to me.

> same weeb pandering as vanguardand yugioh.
> have no tv show supporting it like those tcg mentioned above.

In theory, it should have gone by now.
>>
>>44700577
Texting from a phone is fucking hell.
>>
>ATK X00
>DEF X00
Holy shit, just remove the extra 0's.
>>
>>44697970
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/the-most-expensive-standard-since-caw-blade

This is from November, but prices have just gone up even more on most pieces for these decks.
>>
>>44700666
And then halve what's left if you want an actual MtG analouge because 40hp
>>
>>44700666
There's actually a reason most japanese games tack a pair of extra zeros on to everything. They don't use a dollar/cents system on their currency, everything is just yen, and 100 yen is roughly equivalent to a dollar, so their universal everyday number crunch is conducted in multiples of 100.

But yeah, they should take the time to simplify everything down to single digits to satisfy your autism, that's a good use of time and money.
>>
>>44661331
How is FoW mechanics-wise?
>>
>>44697970
It's true

And modern can cost over $1k, legacy over $3k, and vintage over $12k WITHOUT pimp
>>
>>44667124
/v/ is down the hall and to your left frendo
>>
>>44700864
>But yeah, they should take the time to simplify everything down to single digits to satisfy your autism, that's a good use of time and money.
>Adding extra pointless zero's to sound cooler isn't autistic or pointless! People who don't like my weeb card game are!
Not being able to take constructive criticism is a sign of the tisms anon.
>>
>>44694726
I admit, this guy is pretty fucking awesome
>>
>>44700577

If you think carefully its not that hard to find out.

> Weeb pandering
> Similar mechanics of WoW and MtG

The game got accepted by weebs wwho would sell their soul for their waifu and new mtg rednecks who couldnt afford standard anymore. I dont believe the creators had in mind to target those players in the west. It was pure luck westaboos and rednecks liked it.
>>
>>44700577
FoW is popular here because of everyone who likes Magic. Or rather, everyone who liked Magic but hates what it has turned into.

I haven't tried the game myself, but I am fed up with MTG. It's not the same game I used to enjoy.
>>
File: lancelot.jpg (151 KB, 322x926) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
lancelot.jpg
151 KB, 322x926
>>44701020
Much like how Wizards put their players faces on some cards (Snapcaster, etc) this is an actual player's likeness. It's a promo card for getting top 64. Lancelot has two other art versions, the male (from a duel deck) and the female (from regular boosters).

One of the guys in my playgroup was telling me that FoW mechanics/gameplay are designed by an American company but then all the art/etc is done by a JP company. He was joking around that we export it to Japan and re-import it. Does anyone know if he's talking out of his ass? I can't find any info about who designs the game.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2830x4002) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2830x4002
>>44671374
Shame it will never get to the west
Waiting for my Iona starter deck to arrive is suffering
>>
>>44701366
Wtf? The female art looks pretty western to me.

Wasnt this just weeb pandering?
>>
>>44701485
More like thank god it will never pick up here.

>>44701366
>Western mechanics, Asian art
That actually doesn't sound horrible. I'd like to know if anyone has any information as well.
>>
>>44690525
Didn't it get a MASSIVE power-creep though?
>>
>>44690525
>Duel Masters
wasn't that just supposed to be a gateway into MtG?
>>
>>44702031
It failed.

FoW is the new challenger. We will see how long it last.
>>
>>44666588
That's honestly unacceptable, some MtG tourney organizers wouldn't let you play with sleeve art like that. I would be ashamed.
>>
File: altart001.jpg (966 KB, 832x1142) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
altart001.jpg
966 KB, 832x1142
>>
>>44700928
So is arguing about the existence of 00s on a card on an anonymous imageboard. You're really really butthurt about this. That being said, "japs add 00 to everything because the yen" sounds like a load of bullshit.

tl;dr you're both tremendous faggots but you even more so.
>>
>>44696258
KEK, strong this. Animoo betas are too far gone
>>
>>44699520
We had a perfectly decent system in MtG at the time of the Vanguard release.

The grumbling of MtG players has finally resulted in people jumping ship at my store.

I see it with limited success. Currently the other anime card game Weiss Schwarz has 5 times the amount of people playing for it. Which boggles my mind because that's the game with RNG damage output.
>>
>>44703435
Yeah the SR has the stockings removed.

Usually the SR adds some more embellishment to the card. In this case is removes it.
>>
>>44703183
I thought it was because Wizards holds copyrights to having single digit numbers on cards from the 90's when they tried to copyright literally everything about MTG to prevent competition.
>>
File: zeus.png (3 MB, 709x1016) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
zeus.png
3 MB, 709x1016
>>44704267

But there is a chilean TCG called Myths and Legends that uses single digit number for power and thoughness. not that this game is relevant for Wizards anyways
>>
>>44661331

Even without how much FoW rips off magic, the art alone will prevent me from ever even considering playing it.
>>
This game seems cool, how do I get into it? I've never seen it at my local card shop but then again I might just not have looked very hard

Are the rules simple enough that once I learn myself I could explain to someone else?

Also how competitive are beatdown decks? I was never good at playing a control style so in order to be any good at this do I have to force myself to adopt that style of play?

Also how easy is it to make your own deck build that strays away from the metagame? That I always found was the most fun part of casual tcgs was making shit that no one else had ever seen before cuz no one took it seriously and always wanted to throw away money on cards
>>
>>44703183
>I agree with you completely but posting about it makes you a huge faggot so I'll post too and make myself look like a complete retard. I'm so cool guys.
Anons pls
>>
>>44667124
I'm as fedoracore and normie hating as you can get on here and even I think Force of Will looks dumb. Leave anime where it belongs, on your computer screen and maybe on ironic card sleeves.
>>
>>44661331
How much fun is there to be had in FoW with just a 2-deck starter?
>>
File: WX11-022.jpg (161 KB, 573x886) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
WX11-022.jpg
161 KB, 573x886
>>44671374
English release never, but Wixoss is probably the best tcg I've ever played, in terms of rules and gameplay.

>>44671762
Gameplay is really its main selling point (and waifus), and it's actually very good. Some faggots (>>44678825) might look at the 5 colours thing, but even its execution of colour identities is pretty unique. SIGNI, the creatures of the game, don't have costs and decks can run as many off colour signi as they want, however, cards that die are sent to your ener (mana) zone, and you use them to pay costs for leveling up and spells, so too many off colour signi and it becomes difficult to get the right colours to reliably level up). Also, the game uses a two deck system incredibly well, the second deck contains your player avatar and its level ups, and a small selection of spells you always have access to.

Probably the biggest plus for me, though, is the priority system. Mtg, Yugioh, FoW, etc all have this clunky 'respond anytime' thing, which means you have to pause awkwardly after doing literally every game action. Cast a spell... resolves. Move to combat... these attack. Block with these... move to damage. Wixoss has 2 points you can play cards on your opponent's turn: in response to a spell (and most decks tend to have maybe 4 spells total), and at the start of combat. You still get a lot of interaction, but it vastly reduces the number of times you need to look up at your opponent and make sure they're not going to sneak in a spell in between what you're doing.

>>44678757
Don't get me started on how bad WS is. Especially the art, as a to of the time it's just taken from preexisting posters for the anime, or are just outright screenshots. And the gameplay is atrocious.
>>
>>44708576

The game sounds interesting. Do you believe it could get more popular than force of will if it comes to lgs shelves?
>>
File: 4049.jpg (23 KB, 274x384) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4049.jpg
23 KB, 274x384
>>44708652
Unfortunately, I doubt it. The art is 100% anime girls, and given the strong reactions here to FoWs art, which is very light on the weeb scale, that would keep a sizable chunk of people away. Also, it feels like one of the main draws to FoW is that it plays similarly to mtg, just with tweaks to a few of the less popular rules (lands especially). Wixoss is less easy to move into from another tcg, and the art would likely keep a large number of people from even trying.

It seems to be doing alright in japan, though, and as long as webxoss sticks around, I can at least play it there in a language I understand.
>>
>>44683599
>people who like anime
>not universally unlikeable faggots.

Nice DELUSION.

>>44693200
This art is great. If only it wasn't the vast minority of cards, compared to this uninspired design: >>44697001
>>
>>44671374
>>44701485
>>44708576
muh niggas
It makes me sad that every time I hop on Webxoss, no-one else is ever on.

Also, Piruluk is best LRIG. I will fight you on this.
>>
After reading some post from here and considering personal experiences, the conclusion is:

> The barrier to play competitive standard is pretty huge right now. The newbies/play4fun rednecks just got into FoW because of the similar mechanics and because they couldnt afford T2 standard anymore plus they dont give a shit anymore or they are waiting till the new block shadows over Innistrad kick in, starting the first rotation in the year for magic (the second rotation is in october. (Yes anons, standard rotates twice a year now)

> The weeb pandering and the mtg players made the game popular in many places as I watched how my LGS is starting FoW tourneys on mondays and fridays (this annoys me a lil because the LGS never ran toruneys of different games in the same day, but when the clerk had to play the goddamn tourney in the last weeks to complete the FNM 8 players tourney, you know something is happening to MtG).

> The waifu material made weeabos play FoW. I guess i dont need to enter into details in this part.

>>44701207

Dunno if the creators had in mind to target that audience. Guess it just was luck and the incompetence of Wizards of the Coast that made the game popular.
>>
File: IMG_2002.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_2002.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2592
Also, the foiling on wixoss looks fucking great. Mtg seriously has some of the most lackluster foiling of any current tcg.

>>44708892
There was a big upswing in the number of people on webxoss recently, as set 9 was just added.

>Piruluk is best LRIG
You have 11/10 good taste..
>>
>>44708950
Yeah, I just love shredding people's hands to bits so they can't do fuck-all. The only thing that makes me sad is that the only ARTS that Level 2 can use still to this day is Peeping Analyse. No, Draw Two doesn't count.
>>
>>44661331
MtG is a game I would only ever want to play with close friends when we have nothing better to do.
>>
File: P6221555.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
P6221555.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1500
>>44708950
Japanese card games always get the craziest foilings.

>tfw want to try playing Wixoss because it's literally cute original character waifus: the card game, but can't because my time is tied up playing MTG and Vanguard (and some WS on the side if I'm able to) already

I know there's a local shop nearby that has a handful of Wixoss players. I should try to join and learn the game one day.

The fact that it's only in Japanese isn't helping either. I can read it just fine, but it takes a slightly longer time to process everything.
>>
>>44709273
You still play VG even though it's all gone to shit now?
>>
File: 61dyWIzw5lL.jpg (67 KB, 500x486) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61dyWIzw5lL.jpg
67 KB, 500x486
>>44707429
Specifically I'm looking to get pic related (and NOTHING more) for a few casual games on the side. Yay or nay?
>>
>>44709381
Might be fun, but you'll get burnt out rather fast after a few games.
>>
File: P1010735.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
P1010735.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1500
>>44709338
You must be one of those 'durr Stride was a mistake' memers
>>
>>44709426
No, I actually quite like Stride. It's just a whole bunch of mess-ups building up until it collapsed under its own weight. The biggest mistake is that even after all this time, they still play favourites with clans.

I play MC, so it makes me sad they hate them
>>
File: 1446793408837.png (161 KB, 265x281) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446793408837.png
161 KB, 265x281
FoW:

Pros:
>Aesthetic as fuck, western production concept artists wish they could autistically invest in all that detail
>Nice type and general spacing, graphically beautiful, fuck yes brush script fonts
>Literally delicious, unlike MtG tasteless cardboard cards
>Husbando and waifu central, pick your inner demon anon!

Cons:
>None, it's literally perfect in every way, God is jealous

MtG:

Pros:
>Good backup when the public restroom ran out of toilet paper

Cons:
>Drawn by white Youtubers with idiot Dwarfs doing things like murdering each other and shit
>Stole the design from Pokemon, fucking white people
>Tastes like printing ink and paper, what the fuck
>Waifus and husbandos are musclebeasts, only admired by heathen fetishists who like urethral penetration
>>
File: P1020735.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
P1020735.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1500
>>44709472
No way man. A lot of decks are viable now. Have you been playing recently?

Also a bunch of old decks are now bonkers after 2015 Winter FC release last week. Genesis witch can now swing at first stride with +5k power to everyone, new Shaladin witch stride will make you eat damage like no tomorrow if you kept spending your counter blasts
>>
>>44709528
Honestly, that's one of the things I think is was a mess-up. The numbers people can hit are way too big now. I don't like the whole "Hahahaha, I have a HUEG DAGRON with 50k POWAH" type game it's become. That may drag in all the little kiddies who want to be le epic and cool and blow stuff up with "awesome powerful" monsters, but since playing Wixoss, I'm never looking back. Wixoss is, hands down, THE best-designed card game I've played and I have played a lot.
>>
>>44709641
Wixoss is a Japanese card game. I'm sure it's ladden with power creep as well. That's how you sell packs for card games with no rotating formats.

Doesn't Wixross have like, 11 booster sets now?

Also I think VG is fine as it is right now. I've been playing this shit since the very beginning, and it was a chore back then, when everything was almost vanilla and you barely get to do anything in many turns, other than just swinging at dudes. There are so many abilities these days, it's fun to use them in almost every turn.
>>
>>44709735
It's more resilient to powercreep than most games, actually. While the tournament meta may be mostly the same 3 or 4 LRIGS, that's not because they're just better but because they're either the protagonist of the anime or the most moe, since that's what the Japanese eat up but in terms of viability, it's more akin to early English Vanguard in that pretty much any deck can beat any other deck, provided the decks aren't shit. Vanguard, however, got hit by powercreep like a fucking freight train as early as BT05.
>>
File: P7181512.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
P7181512.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1500
>>44709787
>it's more akin to early English Vanguard in that pretty much any deck can beat any other deck

Yeah? Early Vanguard was boring as fuck. Surely you remember how dull everything was during Limit Break era?
>>
>>44709847
I remember how toxic DOTE was to the game. Wixoss is a vastly better balanced and frankly more fun game than Vanguard ever was for me. If you want to stick to Vanguard with rabid loyalty, that's your prerogative, dude. Learning Wixoss isn't hard or expensive, though, since Webxoss exists, so I'd recommend you give it a go. If you still want to stick with other card games after that, cool. I mean, sunk cost and all that, right?
>>
File: PC260745.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1476) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
PC260745.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1476
>>44709944
I don't mind learning a new game. Especially when there are active players near me. In fact, I should try it out.

What's the most meta deck the game has to offer? How much does said deck cost?
>>
>>44709982
Calling a meta deck is hard, because even single LRIGs have a variety of builds to them and they all play differently. Gun to my head, though, I'd probably say Tama is the most meta LRIG. Not sure which Tama build, though. Just do a bit of research and see what you like the look of.

As for prices for physical cards, can't help you there, buddy. I only play card games online these days because fuck paying for 7 different games on the go.
>>
>>44709381
Jesus christ. I wish that came out in english.
>>
ded thread
>>
File: WX07----.png (399 KB, 392x544) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
WX07----.png
399 KB, 392x544
>>44710006
I would say you can assemble a tournament viable deck for under $50. Sashe was the most recent big tournament winner, and a lot of her best cards come in her starter deck. Interestingly, the most expensive cards tend to be level 0 LRIGs, the only card you are officially allowed to proxy for tournaments.
>>
File: fe252e3f.jpg (97 KB, 532x843) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fe252e3f.jpg
97 KB, 532x843
>>44710006
IIRC TamaMayu is the most meta right now
The meta is usually Tama followed by something else.
I think Midoriko is the next one to get strong
>>44711957
The only expensive cards are meta promotional cards because they are hard to get.
>>
>>44712075
The only expensive cards you actually need*
>>
>>44712075
If Midoriko decks are your thing, why post up a Level 4 LRIG? 3-stop decks are generally much stronger.
>>
>>44712522
I never played Midoriko but I think the new Level 4 is strong
>[Action] Exceed 2: Until end of turn, all of your SIGNI get <Lancer>.
>>
>>44712611
Yeah, I think that too, but in my opinion it's atill more suited to being used in 3-stop decks when you want to go for the kill in the final turn. I could be wrong, however, as I haven't really played much Mido outside of 3-stop, just like Yuzuki
>>
>>44661331
I got some FoW product shipped to me today. First thing I noticed is that they really need to work on their packaging, and I don't just mean that the box art looks like an eroge.

For the record, I got 2 Vingolf sets. In both sets, cards broke free of the flimsy plastic strip holding them in place. None seemed to be damaged, but they were all over the box. Secondly, the cardboard support at the bottom of the box is really poor. It might be more expensive, but I've seen Magic and YGO use plastic and it looks less shoddy; it was already starting to bend and warp before I even took the cards out. Going back to the art, I don't mind the weeb art on the cards at all. I do mind it on the box. I'll probably just get a separate longbox for them, as I used to do for MTG.

The card backings are 10/10 design, though.
>>
>>44680621
I said the most expensive cards were those prices, which they are. I'm saying that's really cheap when compared to a lot of magic cards.
>>
>>44715453

Got more than 2k bucks and want to get into the game. Where should I start?
>>
FoW is miles better than Weib Schwartz at least.

At least we have that.
>>
>>44717427
Weiß Schwartz is cancer in card game form. I could maybe potentially forgive it if it didn't play like an autistic trainwreck.
>>
>>44717957

What's currently giving me fits is how there is really only one way to play competitively.

...but everyone keeps on complaining that the Game is perfectly balanced and should be taken more seriously
>>
Why play FoW when you could play Luck & Logic?
>>
>>44719071
Because it isn't made by Bushiroad?
>>
What starter deck out of the new 5 has the best value?
>>
>>44719160
White is the best of the five decks.

Red is the 2nd best and has some great cards.
>>
>>44719363
Is white Arla?
>>
>>44708828

Yugioh is the best selling card game for years and it's 100% weeb in art.

I'm sure Wixoss would get players in the west. The thing is people who made it probably don't care.
>>
>>44719490
The people who made it are Takara Tomy. They wouldn't localise for the West even if people literally threw millions of bucks at them but then that's what Webxoss is for.
Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 54
Thread DB ID: 413916



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.