[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Continued conflict with the Inquisition over the use of Chaotic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: relictors.jpg (69KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
relictors.jpg
69KB, 480x640px
>Continued conflict with the Inquisition over the use of Chaotic artefacts during the 13th Black Crusade resulted in the Relictors ultimately being declared Excommunicate Traitoris by the Ordo Hereticus and the Chapter was all but destroyed by the Ordo Malleus' Grey Knights under the command of Inquisitor Cyarro.

Isn't killing other chapters the job of the Space Wolves?
>>
>>44641897
No.
>>
>>44641897
Player of the Relictors here, I like to imagine that they're still loyal to the imperium because they're such an interesting concept. Also last I checked there were still 200 or so of them left, the Crimson Fists rebuilt from less. Either way we're not dead until you rip the Screaming Flail from our glorious chapter master's cold hands. Also there are still sympathetic elements in various radical inquisitorial factions.
>>
>>44642356
Wait, they use a flail that has screaming heads on it?
Cool.
>>
>>44642376
Hell yeah they do! I've got the white dwarf with their chapter approved article right here, it counted as a daemon weapon, a power weapon and killed any model it wounded if they rolled over their leadership on 3d6. A few other interesting items were a daemon weapon that hated other daemons and a sword that could make a whole turn of the game be played by night fighting rules (I used to use that on the first turn and bumrush people with assault marines and rhino squads)
>>
>>44641897
Russ and the Space Wolves stopped being the Emperor's Executioner a long time ago, sometimes during the Horus Heresy when a bunch of his bodyguards died and he felt like crap for it. The 40k Space Wolves are just normal marines with a really unorthodox structure and traditions and have descent relations with most chapters.
>>
>>44642656
Yeah they mellowed out from Russ's dickishness mostly, though the wolf thing is getting out of hand
>>
>>44642356
I need details, why were they ever approved the heavy use of chaos artifacts, why do their daemon weapons hate other daemons ect.
>>
>>44642656

>its our job to kill other marines and we like it
>kill other marines
>actually suffer casualties against 1ksons
>maybe we should spec in things other than killing marines
>skips rest of hh

nice
>>
>>44642701
Ah see, you're assuming the Relictors were approved to use Daemon Weapons, now I'm lazy so no huge writeup for you but the basics of it is that they were a perfectly normal, codex adherent chapter (although their gene seed was rumoured to be a mixture of DA and UM so they had that weirdness going from the start) until 50 years before the current 40k timeline they sent an expedition to a space hulk accompanied by a Xanthite inquisitor. During the exploration they ran into a chaos warband who's leader shrugged off all their blows. Expending all his psychic might the leader of the expedition, Epistolary Decario managed to lop off the arm of the champion before being cornered and scrabbling around for "any weapon" like in a bad fantasy film. Guess what weapon was the first to come to hand?

The rest is history, with Inquisitor DeMarche and the librarian returning to Neutra with the daemon weapon and then somehow persuading the chapter master this was a good idea.

The daemon weapon that hates other daemons is the exception not the norm, the Relictors don't make their own daemon weapons, just liberate them from other sources. It's called the Blade of Phaedron if that means anything to you?
>>
>>44642776
Russ revoked his status as executioner when his fleet was surrounded by the Alpha Legion's and he had been abandoned by the White Scars to die. not on Prospero, thought those events were part of what contributed to his ultimate decision.

He was then so pissed about not being on Terra he led his first company into the Warp looking to redeem himself. The Horus Heresy was over after the Battle of Terra. Nearly all the enemy Legions went into the Warp.
>>
>>44642776
I dunno why people ignore that the Thousands Sons had daemonic assistance that boosted their magical abilities to the point where their sorcerers can solo titans.

>>skips rest of hh

According to Wolf king they were fighting the Alpha Legion.

Vengeful Spirit has Russ planning on intercepting Hrus before he reaches Terra.
>>
>>44641897
Grey Knights likely wouln't be bothered with normal chapter going rogue, but Relictors ware loaded with chaos artifacts, so better call an expert and be safe than call a regular chapter and end up with assload of possesed marines or worse.
>>
>>44641897
They never were, that's just fanon.
>>
>>44643091
They just have chaos weapons, not daemons. GK does daemons.

The real "experts" in this are actually the SoB.
>>
>>44643160
>>
>>44643160
You're an idiot anon.
>>
>>44643195
oh yes, lets send the bolter bitches at a full-strength, daemon weapon wielding chapter with it's own ramilies class starfort and supporting fleet. What could possibly go wrong in the ensuing boarding action?

Ward/10 would not play fluffy zone mortalis scenario
>>
File: leman_russ_by_alexboca-d7930sk.jpg (2MB, 1488x1053px) Image search: [Google]
leman_russ_by_alexboca-d7930sk.jpg
2MB, 1488x1053px
Worst loyalist primarch thread?
Worst loyalist primarch thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 395x570px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 395x570px
>>44645224
Nah, it's a "Best C-list Marine Chapters" thread.
>>
>>44641897
The Grey Knights and Minotaurs split that job now.
>>
>>44641897
And yet they still did less heretical shit than the Grey Knights.
>>
>>44646044
And probably admit when one of their own falls unlike the GK.
>>
>>44642983
wasn't it 13th company?
>>
File: 1415226742155.jpg (62KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1415226742155.jpg
62KB, 409x409px
>>44645224
>>
>>44645224
but that's not robot girlyman?
>>
There's some hintings that the Relictors may be manipulated by Tzeentch in their search for artifacts.

They're a chapter that was supposed to turn traitor that for some reason hasn't quite gone all the way yet. Maybe because they haven't sought power for its own sake, but for the sake of humanity.
>>
File: warp tuning fork.gif (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
warp tuning fork.gif
36KB, 720x720px
>>44649509
I like that image.

It makes them look like Grey Knights with out the hypocrisy or team killing.
>>
File: 1450809877324.jpg (165KB, 850x601px) Image search: [Google]
1450809877324.jpg
165KB, 850x601px
>>44649376
>Roboute Gilliman
>worst
The most calm and down to earth Primarch when Matt Ward isn't writing him. He's stayed loyal, always looked after the well being of citizens and played smart, allowing his legion to grow to be one of the largest legions in the Imperium.

>but he's such a mary sue
Code word for "I don't like your character"
>>
>>44649670
>when Matt Ward isn't writing him

But the damage he did to him still lingers on. Pretty much he was the stable Primarch. Dude even had normal parents and shit, and wasn't full X-Mas Nig-Nog like Vulcan.
>>
File: Exorcists_Battle-Brother.jpg (271KB, 445x666px) Image search: [Google]
Exorcists_Battle-Brother.jpg
271KB, 445x666px
>>44649634
You'd probably like the Exorcists then.

Another interesting thing is that it seems like the Relictors were inspired by the Dark Angels Inner Circle - they had something called a Conclave, and there were layers of secrets a marine would have to work through as they rose in rank.
>>
File: 612px-Robute_Guilliman.jpg (61KB, 612x599px) Image search: [Google]
612px-Robute_Guilliman.jpg
61KB, 612x599px
>>44649853
With Dan Abnett writing him now, he's become more likable.

But you're write, he's what happens when you have a set of stable parents (though it was never mentioned directly, Guillimen treated Terasha Euden as a mother and care for her as such).

He was also flawed as he easily shows emotion, is stubbern to tradition and is shown to lash out in anger (the lion's neck felt that) and actually saw the Emperor as a man you should learn from and not worship.

I could go on, but you could already guess I'm a fanboy.
>>
>>44645224
I don't now who this artist is, but I like his style, I think he made an image with Angron too.

I don't know what it is, but it really captures the size and scope of them to me
>>
>>44642683
Lots of pent-up sexual frustration that was alleviated by the growing focus on wolves.
>>
>>44649376
It's not Girlyman we hate, it's Matt Ward. MAtt Ward's gone now, and his legacy isn't worth getting angry over after all this time, especially considering the other butcheries GW have been responsible for since.
>>
File: 5E-Guilliman.jpg (1MB, 2288x1620px) Image search: [Google]
5E-Guilliman.jpg
1MB, 2288x1620px
>>44649670
>The most calm and down to earth Primarch when Matt Ward isn't writing him.

But almost everything about Guilliman himself in the Warddex was lifted from the 2nd edition Codex: Ultramarines. I think you mean "when Graham Davey isn't writing him".

>Alpharius did not seek glory or honours for himself, and rarely attended victory celebrations. Consequently, he never spent much time with the other Primarchs and it was many years before he met all of them. His first encounter with Roboute Guilliman of the Ultramarines was reputedly strained. Guilliman believed in rigid structure and hierarchy, and had a firm battle doctrine that his legion never wavered from. He was in the process of documenting the ‘correct’ tactics and operation of a Space Marines force, tried and tested during his long years of command, and suggested that the young Alpha Legion should adopt this ‘codex’ behaviour. However, this attitude was anathema to Alpharius’ belief in initiative and adaptability, and a heated debate over tactics and ideology ensued. When it became clear that Alpharius would not bow to his experience and superiority, Guilliman pointed out the thousands of victories and battle honours his legion had won, and told his youngest brother that he could never hope to compare.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.