[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game of Thrones LCG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
Does anyone here play the GoT LCG? Second edition came out recently and it's pretty good, but I never see threads about it on /tg/
>>
>>44641868
How is it compared with 1E? Some of those card interactions were awkward to say the least
>>
>>44641937
So far it's hard to tell since the card pool is way smaller, but it does feel way simpler and more accessible for everyone, in a good way

Attachments now return to hand when the character dies, but plots now have a new value that caps your maximum hand size at the end of every round, which I like
>>
>>44641965
I knew about reserve value, and I do think it's good for the game but,
>Attachments now return to hand when the character dies

That could get bad in the long run
>>
>>44641980
Not really, because reserve does counter that sorta, and stuff like milk of the poppy has the new Terminal keyword, which makes them behave like old attachments
>>
>>44642008
Ohhh OK, Terminal makes that more manageable. I feel better about that now.

Are the Titles different in melee now? I saw the strength bonuses are still the same but I don't know if the support/oppose positions and effects are different
>>
>>44642028
Strength bonuses are now only +1, but each of them does a different thing

Power allows you to start a second pow challenge, but it has to be against a different oponent than the first

Mil raises claim in mil challenges against opposing titles

Int allows you to apply claim to whichever opponent you want

Redirecting a challenge is now done by the only title that stays outside of the wheel, which also gives you +2 domination

Also, titles are now shuffled and secretly chosen each round, much like plots
>>
>>44642078
That all sounds fucking awesome. I love it.

Have they brought back any stuff like Shadows or naval? I had a Kingsguard Shadows deck back in 1E that was insane, though I think everyone ran that deck before Preston got banned

>tfw no more Noble Cause for Bara
Glass cannon power rush was the most fun I ever had with AGOT, shame it came at the end of the game's lifespan
>>
>>44642193
Not shadows, but keywords are not house exclusive anymore, so Ambush is the closest thing to that now. Influence is not a thing anymore, so it works with regular gold, meaning Lannis has the most cards with Ambush

Events work with gold now too, btw
>>
It seems like making the old cardpool obsolete, coupled with the extreme undersupply the first months and delays with next to no communication pretty much choked the game in its cradle.
>>
2.0 has become my playgroup's main game since the death of the L5R CCG.

I've been on a streak of building a shitload of decks to try out, everything looks fun to play.

Impatiently waiting on all the Tyrell chivalry theme cards to be released.
>>
>>44643385
>All that Lady/Knight synergy

Thank god they still get stealthed no problem, otherwise my GJ might have a problem
>>
>>44643405
Yeah, Greyjoy are annoying as Tyrell. I'll probably be running Banner of the Stag since Baratheon have the most non-loyal Ladies, and have a Knight, so the kneel tech should hopefully help.
>>
>>44641868
>A game of thrones
>Dany looks like an adult and her dragons are hatched and a decent size

:/
>>
>>44643605
They just call it that, it takes characters from the whole saga

Prior version had Jon Arryn, The Laughing Storm and Rhaegar as cards
>>
>>44643605
>:/

Quit shitposting and upload reaction images anon
>>
Post >yfw
>>
>>44643974
>dat flavor
Excellent

Does the cross mark it as a unique attachment?
>>
>>44644150
Yep

Doesn't really matter though since it's limited 1 per deck
>>
>>44643974
4 gold kinda sucks, but since Fealty and Lannister are the typical Targ builds, that helps
>>
>>44644191
True, but still
>>
>>44644375
4 gold for a hard, almost uncounterable removal with no conditions

I'd say it's well worth it
>>
>>44644191
I wonder if people will start playing Rebuilding just to shuffle it back in.
>>
>>44644541
People already play Rebuilding as far as I can tell, specially Stark to get Bran back
>>
On the one hand, I like it. Especially the insane Tyrell and Lannister Intrigue cards.

On the other hand, I' ve never played the first edition and won't play this because my gf gave it to me to play together, and then found it not to her liking.
>>
>>44644648
Dude get some bros to play this ed, it's great
>>
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/43/c4/43c4920a-c40d-426a-8278-b870a2e4a8e2/loot.png

>How do you want your milling senpai
>Just fuck my opponent's gold pool up
>>
>>44644663
I know! I have only played the intro decks yet, but I like the diversity and how clean gameplay is.
>>
>>44644798
Ugh I forgot about that card.
>>
>>44645434
It's gonna be great bro

It's gonna be great

Nah seriously now, the game did need a counter to gold camping
>>
>>44645507
It'll be great against Tywin.

I feel bad for Martell players trying to stockpile with The Long Plan
>>
>>44645674
Actually it's gonna work the worst against Lann since ambush fucks over unoppo like no one's business
>>
Is Choke still a thing? I'm an asshole and would cackle with glee whenever it was Winter and I had a couple Ice Fishermen on the field in 1st edition
>>
>>44646107
It looks like it is gonna be a thing, NW can outright steal gold from the enemy, and GJ can tap reductors and stuff like that
>>
Honestly, I like this game better than even Netrunner! Netrunner's card pool and design went slightly to shit, never mind the mistakes in the core set, but AGoT 2e looks good, is much simpler to learn, with less jargon and just is more fun, personally.

Pic related is my proxy for based Asha.
>>
>>44646172
>NW can outright steal gold from the enemy, and GJ can tap reductors and stuff like that
Oh boy

Gonna let the card pool grow a little more then start getting back into this
>>
Discussion topic: what house do you like/play as the most? Why?

Who will you take to the next tournament?

For me, Greyjoy for both, bannered with Martell for control.
>>
>>44647559
>Discussion topic: what house do you like/play as the most? Why?

Greyjoy. I play mostly Melee with my friends, to getting to be the first one to choose title is great, and since there's not many stealth characters so far, getting past the enemy is pretty easy. Also We Do Not Sow is so versatile, I love it
>>
That's a nice Khal+Arakh combo you've got going on there

It would be a pity if

Something

Would happen

To your icons
>>
File: 994465-unending_rage.jpg (166KB, 700x987px) Image search: [Google]
994465-unending_rage.jpg
166KB, 700x987px
>>44647838
FUUUUUUCK YOOOOUUUUU
>>
>>44647838
No matter the edition, Martell is always at the top of bullshit mountain
>>
>>44647838
God I hope they never reprint Viper's Rage

The fact that the 1E restricted list was like 2/3rds Martell is bullshit
>>
>>44647838
She's just so good. I'll put 3 of her in my greyjoy deck, she's so good with stealth.
>>
File: yes.jpg (14KB, 225x259px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
14KB, 225x259px
Are Clansmen as ridiculous as they were in 1st Edition?

>swinging for 8 claim on MIL and POW challenges

my crowning achievement in any card game
>>
>>44647838
I'm fine with this because of >>44643974
It looks like they're gonna give every house an uncountereable ''Fuck you'' button
>>
>>44647932
Clansmen aren't a thing yet in this edition
>>
>>44647962
They are, as a 2 cost 2 str mil ambushers in Lannister.
>>
>>44647962
Fuck. My House of Dreams Inn deck was a beast. Played the same almost every game but man was it fun in melee

How is Bara this time around? Noble Cause Asshai bumrush was fun in joust for me. Are they still the relentless power rush house?
>>
>>44648034
Bara's all about kneeling and control now, the power rush house role has been moved to Tyrells
>>
>>44648065
Oh OK that's fine, as long as there is one
>Bara's all about kneeling and control now
RUSTLED

What does Lanni do now?
>>
>>44648154
Int and gold shenanigans, as usual, but shadow ain't a thing anymore, so now they have a shitton of ambush cards (which now works with gold)
>>
>>44648213
I... guess that works

Bummed about no crests though, or no Agendas that I know of. Fuck, now I got a hankerin' to start buying back into this game though
>>
>>44648283
Give it time, they will add agendas eventually, so far fealty ain't too bad
>>
>>44648283
The third pack will have the Lord of the Crossing agenda.

All your participators have -1s on first attacking challenge. All your participators have +2s on the third attacking challenge, gain 1 power if you win.
>>
>>44648527
That's kinda garbage though
>>
>>44650125
I'm looking to try it with Tyrell. They have S pump to compensate on the first challenge, and the bonus + power on the last help with their rush.
>>
>>44650329
How are you gonna win the int challenge though?
>>
>>44650374
What do you mean? Why does Int matter?
>>
>>44651379
Well, what else's gonna be your third challenge?
>>
>>44651508
Whatever makes the best use of the extra strength at the time? I think I'd be more likely to toss Intrigue away as the first challenge, then use the buff to guarantee a Mil or Pow challenge.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 418x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 418x300px
>>
>>44655841
Rise of the Kraken is better desu
>>
File: sea18.jpg (57KB, 324x458px) Image search: [Google]
sea18.jpg
57KB, 324x458px
>>44641868
>tfw no Black Sails in 2E

This was literally the most fun card ever and made for some crazy decks. Fuck I miss naval
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.