[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serpent Man working with Delta Green?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

File: pic503001.jpg (233KB, 806x1050px) Image search: [Google]
pic503001.jpg
233KB, 806x1050px
Given that at least one member of delta Green is a Ghoul and they are OK with that would they be OK with having a Serpent Man as an ally?

He would be wealthy and powerful enough that they can't kill him, he will be impersonating Carl Ichan. He would be a really good ally, money, magic, technology and influence.

I'm planning out a politically based modern CoC campaign, Delta and Serpent Men figure highly in it. I'm trying to figure out if Delta and the snake could get along as they are going to be on the same side.
>>
They might roll with it, but I doubt they would ever be buddy-buddy.

Delta Green General?
>>
Agent NANCY was a member of Delta Green before she was a ghoul. Furthermore she's mostly a consultant after it happens and they have a pretty good handle on her for the time being (the events of Targets of Opportunity not withstanding).

If Delta Green is knowingly dealing with a full-blown Serpent Man it'll probably be a lot like the way they deal with Stephen Alzis, at arms-length and quietly maneuvering towards a catastrophic take-down that will probably go pear-shaped.
>>
>>44641163
This is the most likely scenario but if you want to have a big twist you could make it so the PCs are the ones that find out Carl is actually a snake and have them decide what to do with the information.
>>
I didn't know it was possible to play CoC as non humans

Wouldn't that completely break the game since their stats are godly and are unaffected by SAN loss?
>>
File: KjPZARD.jpg (496KB, 3840x1080px) Image search: [Google]
KjPZARD.jpg
496KB, 3840x1080px
>>44640785
Again, no. They would not get along. DG doesn't get along with anybody.

That doesn't mean some cell can't be desperate enough to strike some kind of deal, maybe even cooperate to some end. But you have to stop seeing DG as a homogeneous institution. It's a pit of vipers who do not know one another, all clinging to some semblance of normalcy while living in a reality that has left normal behind ages ago. There is no DG, there is only ever the one cell you're dealing with.

This might change in the new version, but the new fluff isn't out yet.

Pic related. DG could be on either side, even on both.
>>
File: Laundry Service LOGO.png (14KB, 68x68px) Image search: [Google]
Laundry Service LOGO.png
14KB, 68x68px
>>44641315
Also: Total cool with The Laundry. Not that they are much more transparent, but they ARE part of the Home Office. Supposedly someone works where the files all come together to wait for CASE NIGHTMARE GREEN.
>>
>>44641163
Can you tell me a bit more about this Nancy?

Also what exactly is a ghoul in DG?
>>
File: Agent NANCY.png (801KB, 1224x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Agent NANCY.png
801KB, 1224x1104px
>>44641581
Copied from the shitty scan of DG since my scanner is busted.

A ghoul is a cannibalistic person transformed by their exposure to certain prions/ye liveliest awfulness into an unaging, inhuman monster. They headline in the Lovecraft story 'Pickman's Model'. On a side note N-Cell gets pretty fucked up in Targets of Opportunity and the fallout regarding NANCY being a ghoul is far more interesting than depicted in the core book.
>>
>>44641581
Delta green agent who was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and got turned by a ghoul with a rather interesting artifact. Managed to make it back to her cell, who didn't kill her solely because they had worked together for so long.

A-cell basically decide to build a small cell around her to make use of some of her new abilities, namely the memories she can get from eating corpses. But they are as much there to put a bullet in her head if needed than for any other reason.

There's more to it than that, but that's the jist.
>>
>>44641335
>Also: Total cool with The Laundry. Not that they are much more transparent, but they ARE part of the Home Office. Supposedly someone works where the files all come together to wait for CASE NIGHTMARE GREEN.
Umm, Charlie Stross stuff isn't in the same universe as DG stuff.
>>
>>44641887
As I recall, the ghouls who teddy stole the manuscript from find n cell, and mind rape one of its members into wanting to be eaten by Nancy?
They also eat a delta green member and collectively shit themselves.
>>
>>44641930
Neither is OP.
>>
>>44641930
Indeed, the UK has its own canon agency, PISCES. They are rather cool.
>>
>>44641944
You were saying? Read the sourcebooks.
>>
>>44641995
Why so salty, son?
>>
>>44641968
>"What about the Americans"
>"I did my best for King and Country"
>>
>>44641968
Delta Green: All Brits are Shan controlled
The Laundry: All Yanks are remote controlled
>>
>>44642010
I live near the sea, anon. The salt gets everywhere.
>>
>>44640785
I'd say that if it happened, it's a sign of Really Bad Things being close to happening to that cell, with possibly other cells coming after them. Remember that the entire idea behind DG operatives is that they only safe way to handle this shit is to destroy or kill it. That's why they're opposed to how the likes of MAJESTIC handle it (at the Abel level, it's possible that they know the other side in the human ranks is actively working for the bad guys, but at other cell levels? nah, if they do see the government working with things, they think it's just a naive way to gain power that has horrible consequences). To DG the risks outweigh almost any possible benefit. Even if they work together on a temporary basis, it should be with the thought of "as soon as this thing is no longer of use, I'm going to kill it"...but that's a subversion of how they think, it's a step down the wrong path, the path that leads to "hey, this spellbook could work against...", "if I sacrifice these 1000 people to X, I can save"...etc.
>>
>>44641940
Pretty close. DG looks into Teddy and assigns a friendly to the case when the investigation runs out of steam. The friendly eventually trips over something and makes a bunch of noise through a dead drop before he gets caught and DG stomps in looking for answers. The two sides then flail about, not entirely understanding who the opposition is, trying to get a bead on one another and ruining each others shit when they cross paths.

Agent NOLAN gets the cannibaltorturerape at some point and imprints on NANCY instead of the ghoul matriarch. His reasoning is that if she eats him then his memories can never be used against DG and he'll get to live on inside her/they'll be together forever or something. For her part NANCY is horrified that this actually doesn't sound all that bad to her.
>>
I do find it highly amusing that the MJ-12 director of Project GARNET, is also ADAM
>>
>>44640785
>>44641092
>>44641163
>>44642101
>it's a sign of Really Bad Things being close to happening to that cell, with possibly other cells coming after them.

David Icke Snake-men.
Dooo eeeet.

Cell stumbles onto a snake-man, then discovers that the whole lizardman Illuminati is real (only snekmen instead), and whether the DG higher ups are working with them or not, they definitely don't want P cell blathering to people about it.
>>
How many monsters/beings are in Delta Green from the Cthulhu mythos.
>>
>>44644498
all of them
>>
>>44644498
There are distinct spins on Mi-go, Deep Ones, Carcosa, and some others. But they're all IN there as much as they are in any CoC scenario. You can use anything you want, even those that DG paints differently. In the Mythos you can always get it wrong. Most people do.
>>
>>44646944
Never actually played DG, or any RPG that isn't vidya actually, but Lovecraft is one of my favorite authors and I used to actually work in the intelligence community. I assume the Dreamlands can also factor in?
>>
>>44647251
I am not aware of any DG publication that mentions them. But as a player I have been working the Dreamlands as agent.

Why do you keep mentioning having worked with the people who collect nude pics from our phones? Do you think it's something to be proud of?
>>
>>44646944
>>44647251
>There are distinct spins on Mi-go, Deep Ones, Carcosa, and some others.

From what I've gathered, Mi-go use a fake intermediary alien to mess with humanity and Carcosa is some sort of reality infection, right? How do Deep Ones differ?
>>
>>44647363
>Why do you keep mentioning having worked with the people who collect nude pics from our phones? Do you think it's something to be proud of?
Snowden is largely full of shit.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>
>>44647251
If you want.
I read a scenario somewhere in which the cell was stuck in a house and the Dreamlands, sort-of tripping.
But I can't remember where.
But DG has the scope to do virtually anything you could nail onto a modern-ish setting.
>>
So I heard a new Delta green edition came out.

Where should I start reading it?
>>
>>44647452
It got funded. The releases are set to start in March.

Agent's Handbook (Mar 2016)
Handler's Screen with Quickstart Kit (Apr 2016)
Case Officer's Handbook (Jun 2016)
Control Group (Aug 2016)
Impossible Landscapes (Oct 2016)
Deep State (Nov 2016)
PISCES (Dec 2016)
Falling Towers (Jan 2017)
The Fall of Delta Green (late 2016)
>>
>>44647524
so nothing to read right now?
>>
>>44647614
Tales of Failed Anatomies was a fiction collection that dropped last year. There's also the Unspoeakable! podcast to listen to, they read some fiction last Summer.
>>
File: Fukushima-Dagon.png (5MB, 2000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Fukushima-Dagon.png
5MB, 2000x1200px
>>44647366
http://fairfieldproject.wikidot.com/project-covenant
>>
>>44641260
The premise of the Campaign is that Carl (as he is in IRL) is working to get Donald Trump elected. He informed Trump about the mythos and is trying to get him elected so he can ward the USA before Cthulhu rises, 'The Wall' if built will basically function as a gigantic Elder sign around the entire nation.
>>44641293
The Agent in question actually has SAN, she didn't devolve into a ghoul she was cursed into one.
>>44641315
I will probably hide what he is until the end of the Campaign. The part about DG being on both sides...I was intending to have Jim Webb be a DG member, he is going to be the one who notices the Elder Sign on Trumps wedding ring and who brings in investigators to figure out what is going on.

>>44642101
Well that will be the problem, if his plan works then MI-12 and the Migo are effectively finished. No migo would be able to enter the nation, they will have a friendly President and (as IRL) he will become the Treasury Secretary giving them the ability to have unlimited funding. The real problem is if i decide that the Presidential Candidate (Trump) KNOWS what he is and is willing to work with him. Logically he knows SOMETHING is up with Carl, after all this talk of Alien Gods Carl keeps carving these Elder Sign things on all his buildings, put that Eye of Light and Darkness in his office and keeps turning his logos into something called "Hex Throwers".

>>44644274
Naw, Carl Icahn. That way i can use Trump, The WALL is intended to be like the Interdiction from The Cruel Empire of Tsan-Chan. That way i can possibly justify at the end of the Campaign having Donald with a US flag in hand, Eye of Light and Darkness on the top, Desert Eagle in the other hand standing on top of a pile of dead Migo.
>>
>>44644274
One of the great themes i am working is yes, The lizardman Illuminati are real but they are on our side and they are the good guys. Well, sort of good guys. Well, actually they are horrible snake monsters But they are on our side damn it!

Sure, monsters but EARTH monsters, not some fricking alien or extra dimensional God thing. He really does want to save earth and is a OK guy when you get to know him. Notice how he is NOT eating you, NOT flaying your flesh from your bones with his death ray and NOT blasting you to dust with his unbelievably potent eldritch sorcery?
>>
>>44650643
When monsters are on your side, you are the monsters.
>>
>>44641335
http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2013/10/flash-fiction-a-message-from-t.html
Not according to the fiction, or the rpg material.
Unless you're counting the Mandate as one of them, but whatever he was was never specified.
>>
>>44650803
>The idea that the Royal Family are Reptoids is alarmist nonsense.
Obvious information warfare. It is a transparent denial, so the rumor remains. But who benefits? A Reptoid crown would not. Neither would an innocent one. The only logical deduction is either libel to bring down the supposed author, or a distraction from a different royal infestation. Hm- something that doesn't like reptiles and wants to control humans...
>>
>>44650712
Exactly, the whole theme will be that the PCs will have to cross over the line to save the planet. I even have a side plot prepared for if (when) a PC reaches zero sanity, it involves a certain email challenged human/spawn of Tsathoggua hybrid and a magazine full of Elder sign inscribed hollowpoints.
>>
>>44651078
World of Darkness. Pardon me, Chronicles_
Look into it.
>>
>>44651021
For what purpose would a reptoid/DANUBE CROSSING (whichever is your terminology of choice) assume the mantle of rulership?

It's a high publicity role, they're not going to have any time for their studies. It's a foolish idea.

When looking for a snake, you look for the scales. Try and find the evidence.
You're looking for someone who suddenly undergoes a massive change, who consumes knowledge at a vast rate (this can also be confused for the Great Race. Some researchers believe them to be one and the same, but I consider that spurious)
They'll find ways to avoid human contact, and attempt to direct human studies in ways that benefit them.

In short, we should be looking more closely at Stephen Hawking.
>>
>>44651115
WoD doesn't work, the PCs end up being way too survivable and sane. This campaign is supposed to involve the PCs getting in way over their heads and faced with impossible choices. Also about accidently killing each other, there will be three groups of PCs. One DG investigating monsters taking over US politcs, one hired to investigate Clinton for being a hybrid monster and one hired to investigate Trump for being a pawn of a vile snake man. For sessions where someone doesn't show up i may have a 4th party for pick up games, i think they will be MI-12 Agents. It will be great when they all met.
>You work for a evil snake monster!
>You work for Aliens!
>You work for a goo monster wearing a person suit!
>Does anyone here NOT work for a monster?
>DG guys raise their hands
>Is that your Agent over in the corner eating Marco Rubios brain?
>DG guys lower their hands
>>
>>44641930
Charlie Stross is a hack who writes boring maymay "mythos" novels, so that works out
>>
>>44642144
>Agent NOLAN gets the cannibaltorturerape at some point

How do they make him want to be eaten by a ghoul?
>>
>>44647392
sure thing mr government man
>>
>>44650189
>That way i can possibly justify at the end of the Campaign having Donald with a US flag in hand, Eye of Light and Darkness on the top, Desert Eagle in the other hand standing on top of a pile of dead Mi

Boner...yes
>>
>>44654601
He ran off to China and then Russia, who have by far worse domestic spying issues than we will ever have.
>>
>>44654966
Actually he found out that MI-12 and the Greys created ISIS to provide a cover for large scale experimental harvesting of human subjects, it is why Putin is sending troops to Syria.
>>
>>44654557
The specifics are never explicitly spelled-out. From the ToO:

>After the rescue Agent Nolan was sedated and flown to a Veterans Administration psychiatric hospital in Boulder, Colorado. Run by Agent Brown, Delta Green uses the hospital to stash mentally unbalanced Agents and Friendlies. Agent Nolan was admitted under a false name and kept away from the other patients during his debriefing. Nolan kept himself together for about three days before signs of instability began to surface, starting with interrupted sleep patterns. When the Agent debriefing Nolan began to detect flaws in his account of his captivity, Nolan refused to cooperate until he could speak alone with Agent Nancy.

>When Agent Nancy recovered from debriefing the ghoul head, she met with Nolan in his cell at the VA hospital. It was then that the true extent of what the ghouls did to him became obvious. Using a ghastly combination of sorcery and sexual abuse, the Marquise had driven Nolan mad and created an obsession with needing to be eaten. However, instead of fixating on the Marquise, Agent Nolan was fixated on Agent Nancy doing the deed. Ranting hysterically about how much he loved her, and how he needed her to “know his flesh” so the two of them could be together forever, Agent Nolan was restrained and sedated again. The encounter nearly unhinged Agent Nancy. She was appalled at the depths of madness to which her former partner had sunk.

There's also a later sidebar on N-Cell which confirms the other details.
>>
>>44655147
That could work, especially since IRL there was somewhat of a proxy war in Syria between different factions in the executive branch. White House and CIA on one side, supporting "moderate" rebels(which always filtered to ISIS) and the Joint Chiefs and the DoD giving intel to Assad.
>>
>>44655567
Also explains why Putin supports Trump, since Snowden revealed how compromised the US government is Trump is the only major candidate that Putin can be reasonably sure hasn't been compromised. Hilarious because Trump IS compromised, he is knowingly colluding with a Serpent Man to seize control of the Government.
>>
>>44655851
Are you the one running the game?
>>
>>44655934
Game?
>>
>>44656228
I meant are you OP?
>>
>>44655934
Yes. I am going to have to make a big list of which candidates and Groups know what.
Trump: General knowledge of the mythos, Carl's status.
Carl: Knows more than a human can comprehend.
Clinton: Human/Spawn of Tsathoggua hybrid.
Bill: Knows she isn't entirely human, scared to do anything about it.
Jim Webb/DG: DG member, knows something is up with Clinton, knows Trump carries an elder sign and that his buildings have the same symbol on them.
Putin: Knows about the Greys and their control of the government.
Assad: Knows something is up and that Putin is holding out on him.
Hezbollah/Iran: Knows ISIS is working with something inhuman, have a few badly damaged Grey corpses. Tend to think they are demons of some kind.
MI-12: completely unaware of anything going on with any of the candidates except that something is weird with Clinton, at present they think she is hiding ill health.
China: Pretty much what Putin knows.

I need to figure out how extensive the wardings on the Trump buildings is, if the Migo pay any attention to him they will notice they can't scry into them. If that happens they will start to notice other things like how the logos are Hex Throwers and that Trump Tower has a Eye of Light and Darkness in it. Interestingly when they figure it out they have to hide it from MI-12; they can't risk MI-12 learning that Trump has a viable plan to thwart them and a ally who can present them with a serious challenge both magically and technologically.

Gonna have to figure out what the Serpent Man can do tech wise, so far all i have is Mars Attacks style death ray pistol.
>>
>>44656326
I'd throw Saudi Arabia in there too. Opposing Iran, helping ISIS.
>>
>>44656360
>>44656360
Makes sense. Hmm.....How does this sound: MI-12 brought the Royal Family in after they managed to shoot down a UFO using the cell tower based tracking system they discovered IRL that can detect Stealth Aircraft. Besides the fact that the Saudis had some dead Greys MI-12 wanted to know how they detected them.
>>
File: 1452303268151.jpg (390KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1452303268151.jpg
390KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>44656326
I am going to have to figure out what Clinton is up to as well and how it relates, a friend is planning a entirely separate CoC now campaign based around her trying to take over with NWI backing. Since he plays in all my games and i in his i think that if one of our campaigns edges into the other one then we will just get up and switch seats.

So we will effectively have 5 PC groups, two co current Campaigns and two GMs. Ugh, gonna need a flow chart. Interesting for potential Trump/NWI corporate warfare especially since NWI has someone who could conceivably stand up to the Serpent Man, namely that asshat Mr Shiny.
>>
>>44647614
The backers got some tasty fiction and preview PDFs. I'm on my phone so I can't upload them but maybe some anons are feeling generous.
>>
>>44656326
>obama clueless and unmentioned

just like irl
>>
>>44647452

The RULES were released but the actual books themselves are still being produced. They've put out a few adventures though.
>>
>>44650189

This all seems to be kind of leaning a little heavily on the HFY button. I take it you're not a fan of cosmic horror?
>>
>>44659646
Yep, he doesn't know. otherwise he wouldn't be so keen to close gitmo what with it being a research facility where MI-12 studies terrorist who are victims of Migo mind control.
>>44660140
I don't see it as HFY, if anything it is OFY (Ophidians Fuck Yeah) with a bit of political satire. Also MFY (Money Fuck Yeah) if they are working for the Trump/Thulsa Doom 2016 ticket. There is a reason there are 4-5 parties, most of them are going to die. Their enemies are ridiculously powerful and some have billions in cash and vast political power. Hell, the ones going after Clinton/NWI will probably get slaughtered the instant they try to fight Mr Shiny.
>>
>>44647392

Unless you've worked in the NSA you can't say that for sure.
>>
>>44656326

I suppose Rand Paul will mostly be covering for his dear old dad, now the shadowy leader of a paramilitary insurgency that's fighting everyone, including DG?
>>
>>44660946
He is now, Ron's boys are using that militia stand off in Oregon as a cover to investigate potential Chthonian activity. Ol' Ron don't want no damn tentacle faced Graboids getting too close to one of his Happening Bunkers.
>>
>>44660946
>>44661125
Now that i think about it Ron isn't the leader of the insurgency, the leader is Ben 'The Fungi Fumigator' Garrison. Ben 'The Deep One Decapitator' is a former DG operative who was expelled for excessive force, Ben 'The Cult Cremator' Garrison will not stop until every last trace of Mythos activity on earth is stamped out.
>>
>>44661418
GLORIOUS

>expelled for excessive force

wew lad
>>
OP's idea is fine by itself. And so is Delta Green.

But why throw them together? Seems forced.
>>
>>44660814
;)
>>
>>44663348
It started as a campaign brainstorming session, we had gotten a copy of The Cruel Empire of Tsan-Chan and had the idea of the Trump wall as a version of the Interdiction that protects the humans in that book. The humans of Tsan-Chan are allied with Serpent Men who taught them how to build it so we went with Carl to explain how Trump knows how and why to do it. Given that if successful the plan will radically change the world there needed to be multiple threats to the parties.

So Migo for the more modern threat,Clinton/NWI/Halliburton for the traditional mythos threat. Sanders as Deep One hybrid was rejected as a plausible threat both at the polls and as a challenge. Everything else was just fleshing out the campaign environment.

It isn't really a DG game or CoC game, half way through it will change into something else. If the plan succeeds it will probably spark the end of the world as the mythos will have to act openly against the US, with the USA warded and the Government acting directly against everything inside the US the mythos will not have a choice. That will be the fun part, they 'win' and half the planet gets overrun by monsters and alien gods.

Don't think of it as a DG or CoC game think of it as a possible prelude to a "world war Cthulhu' campaign environment. We will worry about President Thulsa Dooms 2032 efforts to abolish term limits when we get to it. Sounds like bullshit to me though, the guy can't even produce a valid US Hatching Certificate and now he wants a third term?.
>>
File: jonestown dg2.jpg (807KB, 1599x1050px) Image search: [Google]
jonestown dg2.jpg
807KB, 1599x1050px
>>44641092
Yeah DG General, where the fuck is my core rulebook???
>>
>>44666933

Eh, still a bit HFY for my taste but if you wanna shoot aliums then whatever.

Like, in "proper" cosmic horror human endeavours like that should be dwarfed, eclipsed by the mythos.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.