[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 444
Thread images: 62

File: General.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
General.png
1MB, 1024x768px
Riptides are TauPrides edition.

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
Venerable dreadnought - 55 beaverbucks

Drop pod - 45

They arrived today. The dreadnought has a small box and two halve sprues, drop pod large box with 3 full sprues. Damn it GW!
>>
>>44633393
GW pricing is not that straight foreward, it's not just about the amount of plastic, but quite frankly how much they think they'll get away with charging
>>
>>44633393
No discount stores in canadia land :(

With our dollar worthless, there's no point to order from us retailers.
>>
Most cinematic event to happen in a recent game fa/tg/uys?
>>
>>44633447
ebay

>>44633456
Great unclean one surrounded by wraiths and slowly getting slashed to bits.
>>
>>44633456
Had a lone Jetbike Warlock whose squad had died charge a lone Tau Fire warrior Shas'ui.

Missed with his all his attacks and then took a rifle thwack to the skull and died.
>>
>>44633498
EBay is good. I've found a decent seller of used stuff and use it to flesh out my army. Although I still like building from scratch and it sometimes hard getting what you want. Shipping after conversion rate can be brutal too
>>
>>44633498
As in stores that sell at 20% off? I'll have to check again cause I didn't see anything
>>
>>44633456
>Reply
I had a squad of Skitarii Rustlers get into an IG parking lot of Russes and Pask's Punisher and destroyed two and a half vehicles before being shot to pieces by the rest of my opponent's Guardsmen. Five little dudes with haywire grenades and Haywire attacks on the Princeps does wonders.
>>
>>44633456

Tau shield drone in a fire warrior squad tanking every single hit from a charging squad of wraithblades.
>>
File: 1910 times.gif (1MB, 330x186px) Image search: [Google]
1910 times.gif
1MB, 330x186px
>>44633498
Ebay is great for 40k, but absolutely sucks for Fantasy. Or Dwarfs, at least.
>>
File: hJOlqdc.gif (1MB, 276x232px) Image search: [Google]
hJOlqdc.gif
1MB, 276x232px
>>44633456
Khan off

Khrone Khan vs White Scars Khan.

Both of their units got killed and charged each other and killed each other

was a good fight
>>
How do I use Eldar Guardians, Rangers and Dire Avengers?
>>
>>44633456
>only a nob with pk and a shoota boy left
>destroys a razorback, gets wrecked
>dreadnought comes to assault us
>fails a four-inch charge
>pk attacks the dreadnought
>3 hit
>1 pen
>roll a 6, blows up. Boy dies Nob makes it
>nob charges a predator, predator misses first shot
>Nob gets a hull point off the predator before the predator kills him and almost glances himself
>>
>>44633456
Dice gods decided to let me have a chuckle before I lost

>my necrons vs some blood angels
>I'm pretty much fucked so we agree to let this be the last turn
>first necron warrior I ever painted
>added a chip to his skull and call him Scarcron for fun
>last one alive in his squad
>in one turn he successfully dodged fire from 10 blood angel devastators all with storm bolters
>>
>>44633456
Sole surviving Sister from another squad takes a heavy flamer and roasts about 10 genestealers who could only consolidate 1 inch out of their combat
>>
File: kommandos1.jpg (112KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
kommandos1.jpg
112KB, 800x534px
So for the same price as 'ard boys i could take commandos that get stealth, infiltrate, and move through cover. other than needing boys to fill troops slots they seem better then ard boys to me.
I usually go unbound with my orks though, so I'm going to try it. Also you could use grots for an allied detachment and park a bunch of kommandos in some building to run interference for your other force, fits lore wise too, kommandos n grots would be more likely to work with another race....I think i need to get out my purple paint and bits box
>>
>>44633930
Might want to try out Snikrots Kommando formation if that takes your fancy.

Snikrot + 4 units of Kommandos, they replace stealth with shrouded on turn they arrive until the start of their next, and in addition get to reroll failed cover saves on the turn they arrive if they didn't shoot.

Always had a soft spot for Kommandos and Stormboys.
>>
>>44633456
Chaos VS SW
Massive melee vs massive drop pod army
Both sides clash, little remains
Two drop pods and the wolf transport plan vs just a chaos landraider at the end of the game
13-10, SW win, only because of the game type that let the enemy player take objective cards from their opponent (+3 points for SW)
>yfw the SPACE WOLVES captured the objectives from CHAOS
>>
What if GW brought out a Grot Codex that rendered the Ork Codex utterly shitty in comparison?

This would not exactly be out of character.
>>
>>44633456
Tempestus Scion squad in a Valkyrie arrives on the table, gets blown up. One survivor, just a generic Scion. Claims an objective and shoots a flying, full-health Hive Tyrant. That then failed its grounding check and died.
>>
>>44633456
Stormsurge facing a mechanized army with a many flyers and I decide fuck it and shoot a missile at the flyer as I had no AA (no markerlight spent so str 8 ap1).
He decides not to jink roll 6 to hit, roll 5 to pen roll 6 to get an explodes result causing the flyer to land on firewarriors and take some out.
Then a rhino runs the stormsurge over killing it instantly.
10/10 game
>>
>>44634183
If it was a bunch of crazy mekboy and gretchin contraptions and like the fantasy army where they get a bunch of awesome squigs I'd be all in
>>
>>44634287
>Rhino
>Tank Shock
>>
>>44634287
>Then a rhino runs the stormsurge over killing it instantly.
>instant killing Stormsurges
>cant instant kill GCS

you cheated anon
>>
>>44634287
or he cheated

either way you cant instant gib GCs with tank shock
>>
File: 1448120683003.gif (646KB, 295x221px) Image search: [Google]
1448120683003.gif
646KB, 295x221px
>Gargantuan creature killed by tank shock argument

welp it's time to abandon thread. i swear there's an anon that brings up the most obscure rules conflict sometimes
>>
>>44634232
Died for things shooting it after being grounded I assume
>>
>>44634444
We had this discussion already. The Stormsurge is only immune to being removed from play from 'attacks', which a Tank Shock isn't.

The Stormsurge's rules are poorly written, so it gets Crunched.
>>
Hey /tg/ i figured this would be the best thread to ask, i wanted to start playing GK and was wondering if the bundle GW is offering is worth it if i want to start 1500-1850 point games.

Link: http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Ghosts-of-the-Imperium

Models included
20 PAGKs
10 TAGKs
Draigo
Bipedal baby stroller
Stormraven
Dreadnaught
>>
Chaos Bikers (70)
Melta Gun (10)
Melta Gun (10)
Mark of Nurgle (18)
Total [108]

Worth spamming three units of? Assuming I'm not using a turkey.
>>
>>44634522
>>44634522

>rhino crushing a titan.

hahah come on now, you guys are grasping at straws if you think you can get away with this
>>
>>44633456
My Skitarii playing against a friends Tau. Both armies had nearly shot one another off of the table by turn 5 but I'd still managed to get my warlord within charge distance of his (Vanguard Prime with a Phospher pistol and Taser Goad / Tau commander in battle suit with the 2+ save). After the shooting round I only had 4 vanguard left in the unit including the warlord and he still had the commander alive with two drones, doubting my chances of surviving his shooting phase I charged. I called a challenge and it went pretty well with my 4 attacks turning into something like 6 wounds with the taser rule. He managed two wounds back at my warlord and I failed both saves and FnPs resulting in both commanders killing each other.
>>
>>44634613
Here's how it goes down

>Stormsurge is anchored
>Rhino tries to tank shock
>Stormsurge can't move
>Follow through the tank shock, Rhino Crunches the Stormsurge

From here, there are 3 options

>Assume the Stormsurge doesn't get removed, both it and the Rhino now occupy the same space, which is against the rules. Situation is unresolved

>Go by very strict RAW that a Tank Shock isn't an attack, and therefore it removes the Stormsurge anyway. Very silly, but resolves the situation.

>Decide to houserule and move the Rhino back an inch away from the Stormsurge. This is the most reasonable decision if you're playing a fun game and are concerned with things making sense from a fluff perspective. This also means that this decision is meaningless in this instance because someone is using a Stormsurge and therefore hates fluff and fun.
>>
>>44633456

I had gotten my ass kicked by Daemons recently as Ravenwing. However it could have come down to the very last blow with enough luck.

All that was left was my Interrogator Chaplin and a black knight with his Daemon Prince (of Tzeentch I believe) and I want to say juggernaut. Daemon bull riders, idk... He had a couple troops on opposite poles holding objective but they weren't important.

He was up by 5 points 2-7 but neither had gotten Slay the Warlord and I was sitting on Apprehend and Interrogate (slay enemy warlord in challenge=D3), King slayer (D3) and assassinate (1 character=1point)

So Chappy Bro rolls up to the Daemon Prince takes his dick out and tries to challenge the Prince. Got that cunt down to 1 wound before collapsing with his brothers.
>>
>>44633349
What exactly are Drones good for not that they don't grant their invulnerable save to the whole unit?
>>
>>44634794
>don't grant their invulnerable save to the whole unit?

"look out sir"
"oh whats this a shield drone"
"4+ invu"

cool!
>>
>>44634470
>>44634287
Its my Stormsurge so I don't give a shit

>If the attack fails to stop the vehicle, then the Tank Shock continues as normal, except the brave (but perhaps foolish) glory seeker is crushed by the vehicle grinding over him - the model is immediately removed as a casualty.
pg 92

>Any attacks that normally inflicts Instant Death or says that the target model is removed from play inflicts D3 Wounds on a Gargantuan Creature or Flying Gargantuan instead.
pg 71

>If some enemy models in the enemy unit would end up underneath the vehicle when it reaches its final position (it makes no difference whether the unit is Falling Back or not), these models must be moved out of the way by the shortest distance, leaving at least 1" between them and the vehicle whilst maintaining unit coherency and staying on the board. Any models that cannot manage this are crushed and removed from play as casualties with no saves allowed. Crunch!
pg 92

So essentially what we have here is an infinite loop where after failing to Death and Glory the SS takes d3 wounds, and after failing to move out of the way it takes an additional d3 wounds, and after that they still aren't our of the way so they take another d3 wounds until the SS eventually dies.
>>
>>44634470
>>44634444
Any attack that normally inflicts Instant Death or says that the target model is removed from play inflicts D3 Wounds on a Gargantuan Creature or Flying Gargantuan Creature instead.

Tank shocking isnt an attack
>>
File: Cipher.png (77KB, 490x203px) Image search: [Google]
Cipher.png
77KB, 490x203px
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my dice... and my rulebooks... even my minis. The editions I've lost... the players I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past.
>>
>>44634864
>Any attacks
It just gets insta-gibed as it is not specifically an attack.
>>
>>44634694
>>44634695
I just assume the the tank hits the really thin leg joint, and the stormsurge topples over
>>
>>44634915
By that definition shooting does not count as an attack as the only attack defined by the rule book is in the melee profile.
>>
File: 1419043279779.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1419043279779.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>44634915
>>44634878
>>44634864

I've always seen it as an "attack"

I can understand why people see it as not an attack if you read RAW though. Also seems very silly.

Each to their own, I stand corrected
>>
>>44634980
>>44634981
In this case though, it's the only way to resolve the situation without resorting to houserules.
>>
>>44634980
The phrasing is literally 'make a shooting attack'.
>>
File: big boss fine.png (192KB, 540x394px) Image search: [Google]
big boss fine.png
192KB, 540x394px
>>44634900
Rules that kill....
>>
Instead of bitching to no end, why don't any of you play an older edition with modern models? You could play an edition with at least some semblance of balance, and you get the older (often times cooler) fluff.
>>
>>44635040
Won't you play them with me....
>>
>>44635063
No edition was balanced
>>
>>44635063
It's not like 5th edition was any more balanced.
>>
File: BNzSsqJ.gif (2MB, 360x540px) Image search: [Google]
BNzSsqJ.gif
2MB, 360x540px
>>44635063

onwards and upwards friend
>>
>>44635063
I already converted a bunch of Tau units into 2e rules specifically for that purpose. Sadly, nobody in my group is too excited to jump into a 'new' rule system and re-learn everything.
>>
>>44635078
With dice so still, it's all make believe....
>>
>>44635083
There was that one time (before that one codex was released) when the game was balanced for like... 3 weeks. Then Ward went and fucked it all up.
>>
>>44635083
>>44635089
Hence why I said "some semblance".
>>
>>44635133
5th, 6th and 7th were all bad in their own special way.

>why don't you guys pick a poison that kills you in a different way.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is on a massive nostalgia trip.
>>
>>44635172
What about 4th and 3rd?
>>
>>44635184
too old those grognards are dead
>>
>>44635184
If you're gonna go that far into converting new units and re learning a completely different rules set just go buy Infinity.
>>
File: KrootDino.jpg (91KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
KrootDino.jpg
91KB, 800x680px
>>44635133
Honestly if you can convince people to go through the effort you might as well just comp the modern system an d show some restraint. As a resident Taufag in my lgs I have a list for every army tier, and every codex (baring Eldar, so far as I know) can have a list that goes as low as needed.
>>
>>44634287
Tank shock against Gargantuan Creatures should really just be treated like a Ramming attack against a Walker.. As in, the Rhino runs into the stormsurge, causing an S7 AP- hit. Which to be honest makes a hole lot more fucking sense than the bullshit that is the rules loop that tank shock currently produces.
>>
>>44635228
>converting new units
Who said anything about that tho? I'm talking about stuff like using a modern Tactical Squad, as opposed to a 3rd
edition Tac Squad.
>re learning a completely different rules set
It can't be that different, can it?
>>
>>44635244
I dunno. I kind of like the idea that Stormsurges are so terrible that even a basic troop transport can knock it over and render it useless.

Plus it means even less people will take Stormsurges, which is a plus.
>>
>Blitz Brigade
>5 20-man ork boy squads
>Scout up
>Turn 2 theres 100 boyz right in your deployment zone

y/n?
>>
>>44635283
>Plus it means even less people will take Stormsurges, which is a plus.
True, but death or glory is a pen on a 2+, or a S:D hit depending on the load-out, so it's not likely to matter.
>>
>>44635332
just smash, s10 ap2 rerolling failed pen. don't wanna roll that crucial 1

>>44635283
how many stormsurges are in your lgs?
>>
>>44635321
Yes, unless you're against Tau/Guard/Eldar. In that case they aren't gunna let you lol
>>
>>44635268
I don't remember if his was third or fourth edition but armor saves used to be 2d6 and their were weapons that ignored the extra dice.

4th edition glancing hits could destroy a vehicle.

4th assaulted a tanks facing armor not automatic rear

Wound allocation was horrible cancer of complicated broken bullshit.

>6 Space Marines (a Sergeant, a meltagunner, a guy with a lascanon, and 3 normal Marines) get shot by an Imperial Guard veteran squad. The Marines take 6 lasgun wounds and 6 wounds from plasma guns. Now your first instinct is to say “man they took 6 wound from weapons that ignore their saves, they should all die.” And that makes sense. But then in comes wound allocation. The defending player knows the wound allocation rules, so he allocates two lasgun wounds each to the sergeant, the meltagunner and the guy with the lascannon. Meanwhile the 3 normal marines take the 6 plasma gun wounds. So the normal guys all die, but there is a good chance the special guys all walk away unhurt after making their saves. And those three extra plasma gun wounds that should have killed the squad? They vanish into thin air, victims of black magic voodoo.

Have fun.
>>
>>44635527
>5th nob bikers and paladins

you just had to remind me of that didn't you anon?
>>
>>44635321

Beats the shit out of my trukk boyz that aren't working. About to give up and just play Space Marines like I originally thought.
>>
File: 41641615.jpg (24KB, 361x496px) Image search: [Google]
41641615.jpg
24KB, 361x496px
>>44633456
my morkanaught got one shotted by a bright lance-- all the burnas inside died, Eldar player got 1st blood, and monster hunter.
>>
>>44635558
>>44635268
Yeah you could literally allocate wounds in which you would have to deal 11 wounds to a 10 man Paladin squad before 's single model would die.
>>
>>44633456
Kharn and entourage get blasted out of their landraider, charge the unit who blew it up and slaughter them. Enemy warlord squad starts running over, fire a single plasma shot from Kharn (who is also my Warlord) into the Harlequins and one-shot the Harlequin Warlord HQ because of plasma insta-death. One shot, one kill.
>>
>>44633456
Not so much as a Cinematic, but a Montage of glorious explosions.

In a 3000 point game against a Guard Player who had 100% of his army consisting of tanks. I had my usual space marines, and was trying out the Deredeo Dreadnought for my first time.

Turn 1 shooting:
> Deredeo destroys a Leman Russ with the Anvillus Cannons, and a Hellhound with its Aiolos Missiles.
Turn 2 Shooting:
> Deredeo destroys another Leman Russ and a hellhound
Turn 3 shooting:
> Deredeo destroys a 3rd Leman Russ, and a Taurox Prime
Turn 4 shooting:
> Deredeo destroys its 4th Leman Russ, and the guy's other taurox
Turn 5 shooting:
> Deredeo destroys its 5th Leman Russ. It finally fails to actually kill a light tank with its Aiolos Missiles, instead shaving off 2 hull points.

The whole game the guard player just ignored it. Even as it was removing a leman russ and a light tank from the table each and every turn. While not cinematic, that walker scored almost 1000 points worth of tank kills, more than 5x its points cost.

Words cannot begin to describe how hardcore that silly boat with legs is.
>>
>>44635655
Remember infinitely tall trees that no one but kroot could see further in then 12/18"? Though that might have been just 4th.
>>
>>44635754
From what I've heard of area terrain blocking line of sight, it sounded like a pretty cool deal. Then again, I might just be biased from getting sniped across the map by Railguns through tiny gaps before.
>>
File: IMG_0653.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0653.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
Ork mek gun anon here, after working for several hours on it I am over 50% finished with the guns.
Without any kind of plan or idea what I was doing I unleashed my inner mek just stuck what looked right together in the shame of a gun.

My mek guns are an ramshackle amalgamation of different bitz and gubbinz but I'm pretty proud of them so far.
Somehow I need to put together one last blasta' kannon from something.

What do you think /tg/? Is it any good?
This is the first time I have converted anything, please no bully.
>>
How would you even balance orks against the codecies that have come out recently?

What kid of changes would they be able to make?
>>
File: IMG_0654.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0654.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
>>44635842
>>
>>44635812
>be me in deployment
>going second, so trying to hide my dudes and tanks out of line of sight
>hiding from opponent's hammerhead
>yeah that tank can't see me over the wall its behind
>turn one
>opponent doesn't even move the tank, just swivels the turret enough that the gun barrel is hanging over the wall
>"yeah so longstrike is shooting is shooting at that tank, what's the front armour?"
>>
>>44635842
>>44635856
Looks great to me. Hope you find a gun to fit the top one.
>>
>>44635812
Only time I faced Tau I was blown away by suits. Otherwise my infiltrating Death Guard didn't give the enemy a lot of time to be sniping.
>>
>>44635754
True Line of Sight.

>>44635812
It's better this way. More people need to integrate LOS blocking terrain.
>>
>>44635846
> Remove Mob Rule entirely, instead have leadership bonuses based on squad size. Now DAKKA ORKS are viable.
> Gorkanauts and Morkanauts are now Superheavies
> Reduce the cost of Stompas to 620 points
> Reduce the cost of flash gitz
> Remove the psuedo morale stupidity from Killa Kanz
> Double the attacks of Deff Dreads, half the cost of their weapons.
>>
>>44635892
>Mob Rule now only effects units comprised of less than ten models
>units with 11+ models are now unmodifiable LD10 no matter how many losses/whatever else happens
>>
>>44635846
All of this >>44635892

Plus a full on Decurion formation.
>>
>>44635886
It's less of a balance problem and more just annoying.

Usually when I fight Tau I just get blown out by Plasma Crisis suits.
>>
File: 1450324767266.jpg (525KB, 806x952px) Image search: [Google]
1450324767266.jpg
525KB, 806x952px
>>44635887
>Hey anon, my skimmer top can see the head of your Keeper over this building. That'll be 60 shots in her face

>>44635955
Just for you anon when I fight one I'll be sure to kill it first.
>>
>>44635983
>Hey anon, my skimmer top
you measure LOS from weapon barrel
>>
>>44636031
Hyperbole a bit, it was probably 20 shots, but it was one of the necron skimmers with warriors inside.
>>
File: 1452165403376.jpg (18KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1452165403376.jpg
18KB, 408x408px
>>44634695
I would suggest that the SS is actually a liability at t6 and 3+ armor. In a competitive game that thing gets shot off the board on turn 1 for the extra VP from LOW.

It does have a lot of shooty on turn 2 for its cost, tho...
>>
What is the best GW Imperial Knight? I'm trying to decide one with the 'best' loadout, or just going for the Obsidian Freeblade.
>>
>>44636326
> T6
Just think of this thing as an AV10 Walker with a 4+ invuln and 6 hull points. Now imagine how shitty an AV10 walker is at survability.. That's a stormsurge in practice.
>>
File: 1447746899760.jpg (49KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
1447746899760.jpg
49KB, 500x555px
>>44634794
Or position in front of unit to absorb fire.
>>
File: 1442722660258.jpg (203KB, 1100x732px) Image search: [Google]
1442722660258.jpg
203KB, 1100x732px
>>44635842
me likey!
>>
Okay so there are plenty of lords of war in say Valedor or other campaign books, are they legal as lords of war in standard CAD non apoc? This is probably with opponent permission kinda thing.
>>
>>44636476
All the crunch in Valedor is Apocolypse - The book says so repeatedly. Which is a shame, because I love the Nid formations in there.
>>
File: 1447386647375.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447386647375.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>44636527
i figured but it's wishful thinking to be bringing some of the apoc stuff into regular 40k. ya know within reason.
>>
File: 1445296551904.jpg (189KB, 600x471px) Image search: [Google]
1445296551904.jpg
189KB, 600x471px
Anybody going to the tournament this weekend in Toledo, OH? This is my first tourney, going with a bunch of friends, looking forward to shenanigans. Anybody going? What are you running?
>>
File: IMG_0376.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0376.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>44636564
I've fielded the tyrannofex and tervigon formations out of that book several times. They are awesome. Just make sure it's cool with your opponents first. Don't try to sneak them into tournaments, because that will end poorly.
>>
>>44636377

Still immune to stunned, shaken, etc.
>>
>>44636599
I'm not into tournaments though I am going WAAC slowly in an attempt to keep up, I just wanna add in something to help out my daemons/marines.
>>
File: Titanicus.jpg (44KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
Titanicus.jpg
44KB, 500x320px
Billion dollar idea

Warhammer 40k game where you are a Titan pilot. Working your way up from a simple Scout Titan, all the way to a Emperor Class Titan.
Its like Mech Warriors
only with bigger bots.
>>
>>44635892
Best part is 620 point Stompa is still way too much
>>
>>44636568
Make a full report on it, I really want to go to a tourney someday
>>
>>44635643
>trukk boyz

Don't give up hope. Trukk boyz was viable a couple editions ago so you probably got old advice. Battlewagons, tank bustas and bikes are where its at. MANs too.
>>
>>44636728
Not quite the same thing but if you want quality 40k vidya with titans play Final Liberation (also Chaos Gate for SM action)
>>
>>44636787
Trukks are so useless it's painful, I have 11k Orks and not a single one. Someday when they don't blow up from Bolters I'll get them (or when I don't play against Guard)
>>
File: gone.jpg (103KB, 539x568px) Image search: [Google]
gone.jpg
103KB, 539x568px
>>44636801
I would LOVE to get Chaos Gate, but it doesn't work on windows 10
>>
How I would fix vehicles

>Change Weapon Destroyed to a 5-6
>Replace Explodes! with Catastrophic Damage!
>When a vehicle suffers a Catastrophic Damage result, roll a d3 and consult the following table

>1- immobilized
>2- d3 HP lost
>3- Explodes
>>
>>44636843
>windows 10
Literally why?

App Store the Operating System
>>
>>44636861
I like this
>>
>>44636843
You mean the GOG version? (still have the cd for the original, hasn't worked since XP)
>>
>>44636843
Get a dosbox
>>
>>44636861
Also

>Vehicles that fail dangerous terrain tests are no longer immobilized, instead they are Stuck
>A vehicle that fails a dangerous terrain test immediately stops at the point where it would have entered said terrain. It can move no farther that turn. At the beginning of the next movement phase, roll a d6. On a 4+ the vehicle becomes unstuck and may move normally, but must take dangerous terrain checks as normal. If the vehicle fails to free itself, it automatically does so at the beginning of the next movement phase, as the crew has gotten out and managed to jimmy the vehicle lose.
>>
>>44635747
I really want one.
>>
>>44636881
Not him but I just googled the issue and apparently Chaos Gate just plain doesn't work on windows 10 (thank god I'm still using windows 8)
>>
>>44636861
No more Explodes
Remove it. It has to go.
>>
>>44636787
>old advice

So on a whim to get into 40k I picked up the rulebook + codex and choose Orks. At this time I only knew of the GW and only one older guy there knew about Orks (but was playing Eldar) besides the employee who sure seemed like he did. I would try to suggest something and they would either shoot it down or deconstruct the idea entirely. As a new player I assumed they understood better than I.

What should I get to start and they said three boxes of boyz and a warboss.
>Alright. Do that, come back.
What do I need now? Three Trukks and another box of boyz
I feel like I shouldn't get any more troops, what should I do? MegaNobz, Painboy and another trukk
Not too bad, almost at 1000 points. What is next? Three boxes of Burnas and another Trukk

And now that is where I am. I hate Trukks now, as well as boyz. Fuck burnas I am going to try and destroy them back into Lootas and ruin the model. At first I thought I was alright because I won 1/2 500pt games and 1/3 750 point games.
Enter 1000 points and I lose five in a row. Twice I have been tabled before my turn two.

Once I found the LGS a bit farther out everyone started telling me how bad of a list I have and how useless half my models are.

>>44636812

Senpai, please.
>>
>>44636997
>making using vehicles as mobile cover risk free
as if the game doesn't have enough cover as it is
>>
Currently converting Betrayal at Calth into CSM. I've got a bunch of bits from two possessed boxes and a regular marine box that I'm adding to the marines (Helmets, trophies, possessed blade arms, etc.) However, I only have two chaos-style backpacks. Think that'll be a problem?
>>
Are there any good Dark Eldar novels? Is that a thing?
>>
>>44637025
Vehicles will always be inferior to MCs as long as they all have the inherent risk of being instant-deathed
And fuck forbid assault infantry are given a reliable way of getting across the table in one piece, right
>>
File: 600px-Tuffruk.jpg (181KB, 600x751px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Tuffruk.jpg
181KB, 600x751px
>>44637004
Boyz used to be the answer, and don't knock Burnas (I know they're useless but I love them). I would get another Boyz box and throw the leftover Loota parts on them, or beget yet just buy torsos/legs on eBay. Then do yourself a favor and Battlewagons.

Never could justify Trukks, even before they were nerfed
>>
>>44637025

>as if the game doesn't have enough cover as it is

It doesn't.
>>
File: 1447124084981.jpg (173KB, 625x505px) Image search: [Google]
1447124084981.jpg
173KB, 625x505px
>>44637004
you need coolbro opponents who stratify their lists. Stop playing with dicks.
>>
>>44637076
>wanting anything to be reliable in a wargame
>>
>>44635643
Aw, nah, bruh!

You just gotta slap a Mega-Stikk Boss in with a 29-strong squad of Boyz with a PK Nob.

Most opponents just can't ignore it--boss tanks all the non-AP2 hits, LOS the rest, problem solved.
>>
>>44637223
I think he was just saying reliable to a reasonable extent, not a guarantee that it works every time.
>>
>>44636743
> 620 pt. vanilla dex stompa
> not using Glorious IA: 8's Kustom Stompa Builder to make a 600 pt. monstrosity with Deff Arsenal that has 3d6 S9 AP3 shots

You iz mukkin' about.
>>
>>44636997
Vehicles explode. It's a just something that happens.

>>44637143
Use more fucking cover ya git. Look at how dense Infinity games are, copy that.

>>44637076
Yes, because infantry should be at a high risk of getting shredded. That's war.

Vehicles should be more precarious than an actual monster. I can tell you a horse is more reliable than my car, but there's also issues with the horse as well.

The gap here is too big though.
>>
File: Evil_Sunz_Icon.jpg (15KB, 317x305px) Image search: [Google]
Evil_Sunz_Icon.jpg
15KB, 317x305px
>>44637307
agree. stompa required for playing seal clubbers.
>>
>>44637083
i like the idea of burnas and some other units. you get some mini meks, access to special weapons and a flamer that becomes ap3 in combat
>>
>>44637176
Everyone was cool till I got to 1000 points. The Gamesworkshop was 10x more WAAC then this new shop but I am still constantly losing to Spacewolves, Astra Militarum, Dark Angels, Eldar and Cult Mechanicus.

My record at the new shop (all 1000 pt games) is 2/10 which is still pretty shitty.
>>
>>44637325
Something that happens that makes vehicles far weaker than MCs
It might be war, but it's not balanced
Why should vehicles be more fragile than monsters? They're supposed to fill the same roles
>>
>>44637307
Codex Stompa is 770 points, was saying 620 points was still too much for it. I'm well aware how much better the IA Stompas are
>>
File: f3488731a69d_sf_9.jpg (99KB, 1024x426px) Image search: [Google]
f3488731a69d_sf_9.jpg
99KB, 1024x426px
>>44633456

Tau infantry retreating into a lone building and turning it into Pavlov's House, while a Ghostkeel and a Dreadnought fought in close-combat outside.
>>
>>44637395
Vehicles are SUPPOSED to be immune from small arms fire while MCs can get shot by everything.

The main issue is AV 11 isn't standard all around. Because of the perforation of S4, we need AV11. If it was then vehicles would be a lot more happy.

However you're looking at it from a skewed point of view. It should be noted that due to pure energy weapons it's a lot easier to pop vehicles. Right now it's hard because we need specialized arms. If we had meltas in today's world then vehicles as a whole would become a lot less valuable. Hell with the spread of the RPG-7, M1 Abrams and Challenger tanks are fucking glass to anyone who wields one. The only issue is that missiles are heavy and carrying multiple is a task. Still doesn't change the fact that even in today's world tanks don't actually "tank" as much as they used too.

So yes in the year 40,000 with highly portable anti tank weapons vehicles assume a lot more fragile role than in today's world and certainly world's more fragile than in WW2.
>>
>>44637325
>>44637395

Since you literally can't find an MC that costs as much as it should, why not give them the same millstone as vehicles and risk being one-shot?

I recall some anon made a mirror MC "pen" results chart. It's exactly the nerf that MCs need to put them on par with vehicles.

Orks spend ~300 points on an Orkanaut that gets 1-banged; Eldar spend ~300 on A NUCLEAR WALKING DEATHMOBILE that can pretty much solo anything thrown at it.

It's like the Ork Dex designers forgot they needed to tone down point cost despite the prodigious shooty power the 'Nauts bear because it's already (over-)balanced by BS2.

Now FFS, if I run a 350 point machine against your 300 point meat titan, ought they not have the same chance to kill each other, rather than the outcome being a foregone conclusion? Mutually assured destruction or ineffective glancing & a drawn-out fight are what should follow.
>>
>>44637535
Assume pretty much every line of this ends with (except Tyranids).
>>
>>44637535
Usher in an Edition that allows for S12+ weapons.
>>
>>44637516
Forget how based in reality it is or isn't
We're talking about balance

And yes MCs can be shot by anything, but it doesn't matter because they all have good armour saves, invulns and FNP all on top of high toughness
>>
>>44633349
>Everything in the tyranid codex recieves +1T
Does this fix the nids?
>>
>>44637571
If you made AV11 standard then you could say the same for vehicles.

Now only S5 can glance and S6 has a chance of pinning, S7 needs 4s to glance and even S8 could roll a 1 or a two and be fine.
>>
>>44637582
Are eldar still broken?
>>
>>44637582
It breaks them I think
>>
>>44637582
>Does this fix the nids?
Nids would benefit heavily from a decurion style that would have strong assault formations. They also need help with every HQ you haven't seen in the last three year. Ontop of all this they would also appreciate a bio-Tidewall that can be moveable cover (again giving assault bonuses) that isn't a distraction Carnifex. Next the artillery creatures need better dakka. One change wont change anything.

Tl;dr I eat a mouthful of bait.
>>
>>44637635
> Are Eldar still broken
Man, I'm not sure.
> Army-wide access to Strength D, something every other faction only gets in Apocalypse battles.
> Army-wide RENDING
> Strength:D FLAMETHROWERS.
> Lots of bullshit formations that add on to cheese by making them unbeatable by anything with 'marine' in its name.
> Deep striking with no scatter on a lot of things, including the previously mentioned D-FLAMERS.
>>
>>44637535
>It's exactly the nerf that MCs need to put them on par with vehicles.
I for one can't wait for my Tyranids to be beaten with the nurf-bat
>>
>>44635237
I was always surprised that the kroot were a space faring civilisation, but they ride fucking dinosaurs to battle.
>>
>>44637681
All I want for Tyranids is actual interesting Biomorph upgrades that let them adapt and do more than one thing effectively.

I've heard it said that the reason they stopped doing that is because people just end up ignoring all the cool stuff and just taking the single strongest option, but I'd say the Tyranid codex is well beyond the point where that's a problem.
>>
>>44637382
>>44637382
What does your 1000 point list look like exactly?
>>
>>44637781
If Cruddance writes our Codex, we're fucked

If someone fresh writes it, we should be good.
>>
>>44633456
Broadside holds off Karandras in a fist fight until saved by a swarm of Kroot
>>
>>44633456

Played a 1500 point game against a bud recently. I play Imperial Guard and he plays Space Marine. We try to add a continuation of narrative to help connect the games we play. We've been fighting over a city, and my forces have been pushed back into a nearby forest. His forces thus send in a company of assault marines to finish the job and ambush my guard in the forest.

The game took place in a hab-settlement within the forest. Lots of line of sight blocking terrain for the assault marines to make good use of their jump packs. When the fight broke out, a Commissar rallied a group of 20 conscripts and made way to the outskirts of the settlement, which served as the space marine deployment zone, to secure an objective. Vicious fighting carried on for 7 turns. The conscripts weren't met with much resistance, though they did finish off a couple assault marines which were remnants of a larger squad. On the last turn, the commissar ushered the conscripts back into the settlement, to find the burning wrecks of various vehicles and leman russ battle tanks and piles of corpses. The only survivor was a lone assault marine in the main courtyard, presumably sorting through the wreckage.

They promptly lined up, and with the Commissar's order the firing squad gunned down the last marine.
>>
>>44633456
When a lowley Techmarine took Typhus down to one wound.
>>
>>44637777
I seem to remember hearing something about Orks landing on their planet long ago and the Kroot managing to fight them off and eat a few Meks.

Gave them enough technical knowledge for guns and their spaceships, but there were probably some gaps.
>>
>>44633456
2 Death Company members jumped from a building down upon a Riptide, one armed with a power axe dealing it a fearsome number of wounds. His buddy died, but on the next turn he was able to finish the monster off without dying.
>>
Why did they nerf orks and buff eldar?
>>
>>44633456
My battlewagon with a ram immobilized itself 4 games in a row

Also my meganob squad with a mega warboss shot a striking scorpion+karandras mob down to karandras and 2 scorpions (TL shootas are actually really good) then got totally wiped before striking when they charged the remaining scorpions.
>>
>>44637989
Eldars have being always GW favourite, despite Space Marines being the poster boys.
>>
>>44637989
GW's been flipping back and forth between 'nerf' and 'buff' moods for a while
Orks were just unlucky enough to get caught in the brief phase they were starting 7th ed as blank slate edition
We just have to hope their current choice of direction lasts an entire edition and no other new Codex gets gimped by their bipolar disorder
>>
>>44637989
Because they quickly needed a Codex to launch with 7th edition and copy pasting/getting rid of/nerfing the Ork codex was easiest
>>
File: 1432089382009.jpg (59KB, 394x294px) Image search: [Google]
1432089382009.jpg
59KB, 394x294px
>>44633456
3 lootas units shoot down a Taunar on the first turn.
>>
>>44638055
This, surprisingly. 7e started off with a bunch of armies getting revamped and having special rules removed and becoming more bland. Then suddenly there was a massive shift and now special rules and formations are all over the place.
>>
>>44637989
Hold on let me ask
>>
>>44637989
eldar have always been relatively powerful, last edition their basic transport was dealing more damage then a leman russ. orks on the other hand are like chaos where they're generally weak but have tons of units. they should be balanced against DE and blood angels
>>
File: gdfgj.jpg (18KB, 634x351px) Image search: [Google]
gdfgj.jpg
18KB, 634x351px
>>44638113
Will post response
>>
>>44635063
If I wanted balance, I'd play an actually good game, which no edition of 40k has been. I'm here for a game I can get in with friendlies and casuals down at the LGS rather than spending weeks setting up meeting days and having only six people play the game locally, and for where I live, 40k is that game.
>>
>>44638037
> 5th edition
>>
File: stop.jpg (43KB, 533x446px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
43KB, 533x446px
>>44638129
Ask when chaos is getting a codex too, seriously so close to quitting right now.
>>
>>44638167
>every other edition.
>>
>>44638037
It's Phil Kelly's favorite. And since he was a good writer he got to fuck around with his favorite army.
>>
>>44638195
> always
Words have meanings, anon.
>>
>>44638201
>whaat is hyperbole

Must be hard being an autist.
>>
>>44638194
> Army contains 4-5 sub-armies that all play completely different
> Fans get pissy when there's no difference except one unit per god and Marks
> GW doesn't update book for fear of even more backlash

I mean, can you blame them?
>>
>>44638194
Chaos will get a new codex AFTER sisters of battle. The Cycle of teasing models for updated armies in OTHER supplements has decreed. Sisters of Battle shall be updated, Chaos will come afterwards in 2017, and will contain MANY NERFS, NO DECURION.

Search your feelings, you know this to be true.
>>
>>44636728
Warhound scout titans are of comparable height (though way more massive) to Battletech Heavy 'Mechs, so I can see it being a lot of fun. Reavers up though it becomes more akin to "are you the one who can save this continent?"
>>
>>44636326

It has a 4++ invul and FNP. Short of Instant Death ranged attacks which are rather rare, or D weapons, there's no way to negate either. With that in mind, you need to cause 24 Ap3 or better wounds to make it drop, on average.

Bear in mind too that it operates at 100% combat effectiveness until the last wound falls off.

Even a grav-spam army I think would have trouble tossing that much firepower at the thing.
>>
File: DeredeoDreadnought.jpg (13KB, 256x168px) Image search: [Google]
DeredeoDreadnought.jpg
13KB, 256x168px
>>44636961
You won't regret it. Best 15$ I've ever spent from chinaman.
>>
File: 1411066337747.jpg (60KB, 520x646px) Image search: [Google]
1411066337747.jpg
60KB, 520x646px
Imagine if GW continued the early 7th ed trend of nerfing codexes

Now imagine theyre going to go back to that starting with YOUR codex
>>
what is the best way to field a bunch of nobs and flash gits together?
>>
>>44638322
Blitz brigade
>>
File: 1442461029768.png (20KB, 176x158px) Image search: [Google]
1442461029768.png
20KB, 176x158px
>>44638319
>I play CSM
Eh, not much different from what I expected
>>
>>44638319
They did, got nerfed so hard I lost my codex and most of the armys special rules.
>>
>>44638322
As bodies splayed out over the bases for a space marine captain.
>>
I know that some armies unit names are based on certain things, such as the Tau having ocean-based names. What are some other armies name inspirations?
>>
>>44637232

Is that a thing?
I don't think that is a real thing.

>>44637793

>Warlord: Warboss with BP/PK, TL Shoota, Lucky Stikk, Cybork, Gitfinda - 132
>HQ: Painboy - 50
>Elite: 11 Burna+Trukk RL - 206 / 3 Meganob w/ TL Shoota+Trukk RL - 150
>Troops: 3x11 Shoota Boyz + BP/PK Nob + 3 Trukk RL - 153 ea

TOTAL: 997/100
>>
>>44633349
Won't even use updated general pic

>0/10
>>
>>44638361
Every single Guard APC or SPG is named after a mythical creature

-Chimera
-Griffon
-Basilisk
-Medusa
-Wyvern
-Colossus
-Hydra
-Hellhound
>>
>>44638329
is that even doable in games smaller than 1500 points

>>44638344
along with every other army but necrons, eldar, admech, and tau right?
>>
>>44638408
No, along with those armies as well. Hell, I'd even get an Imperial Knight base just for the captain, so he could stand on the bodies of every faction.
>>
>>44638430
don't forget the sororita on his head
>>
>>44638194
>>44638339
I personally believe it's taking so long to update the Chaos dex because they have to reboot the entire model line. Berserkers, CSM, Havocs, Bikers, Berserkers, Power Armored Lords and Sorcerers, Obliterators, etc, are all super old models or otherwise resin (And they are moving back to plastic kits, aren't they?)

They've gotta redo all of those kits, in addition to probably giving the faction a new legaly copywritable name the same way SM, IG, etc have gotten. All of that's got to take a lot of time, and the Horus Heresy push has probably been to try and keep sales from Chaos people while they do all of this.

the dark gods give me hope this is true rather than the alternative ;_;
>>
>>44638461
No, the captain needs to have a sororitas at his feet in a gown, Conan the Barbarian style.
>>
>>44638383
I don't think i've ever seen a hellhound used around here.
>>
>>44638466
Oh, and not to mention the stuff that doesn't even have models right now. Noise Marines, Rubrics, and Chosen don't even have models.
>>
>>44638471
why not both? I'm sure Mr. Ward would have it that way.
>>
>>44638476
They're actually pretty fun, 12" move and a torrent flamer on a12/12/10. Pretty sure it only costs as much as it does because of it's speed (130pts - Leman Russ eradicators cost less)
>>
>>44638486
cultists and chosen do have models

noise marines and rubrics have those expensive as hell upgrade kits that look like ass

snapfit models
>>
>>44638245
Counter argument they shat out age of sigmar do you think they care about backlash?
>>
>>44638319
I'd probably just convince my group to keep letting me use the 6e codex.

Come to think of it, is there anything particularly out of place in the earlier Ork, Tyranid, or CSM books that would prevent them from being used as-is?
>>
File: imuge.jpg (332KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
imuge.jpg
332KB, 1024x768px
>>44638377
>forgot this isnt the general I made
>worryingly check image name
>not mine
>>
>>44638129
Yo, ask them what the fuck happened with Grey Knights, too.
>>
File: Gun Trukks.jpg (305KB, 1856x929px) Image search: [Google]
Gun Trukks.jpg
305KB, 1856x929px
>>44638372

Lose the Cybork and Gitfinda on the Boss. Rams on Trukks are good.

>Is that a thing?
>I don't think that is a real thing.

Warboss in Mega-Armour and Lucky Stikk has a 2+ rerollable save. It's rather good. Trouble is there's a lot of AP2 out there.

Trukks aren't great, but they have their uses. Tankbustas benefit well from one, and 8 of them in a Trukk comes to only 134 points, for 9 Rokkit shots (8 with Tank Hunter). Burnas I find are much better in a Battlewagon since it can tank stuff a bit better.

Now, if your local area allows Forgeworld (and they should) try these babies on for size.

55 points for a large blast Str 6 Ap4 barrage? And it's Ordnance? Sign me up.

Or perhaps a Helldrake weapon on a Fast vehicle for the same price. Run 24 inches forwards into cover, then 12 at the enemy and open fire.

This way you can turn your Trukks into something quite useful, and focus on getting the rest of your force up to scratch.

Rules are from Imperial Armour 8.
>>
File: kustom mega kannons.jpg (483KB, 638x1436px) Image search: [Google]
kustom mega kannons.jpg
483KB, 638x1436px
>>44635842
>>44635856

Looking damn good there fellow Ork anon.

From my own experiences doing the same thing, can I recommend the rear tray on the Trukk as a good source of "platform" pieces? Just needs a bit of work with a hobby saw and you get some great flat pieces that serve you well. These are my attempts at the same process.
>>
>>44637535
>I recall some anon made a mirror MC "pen" results chart. It's exactly the nerf that MCs need to put them on par with vehicles.

Whenever a Monstrous Creature suffers an unsaved wound, roll on the following chart. Add +1 to the roll if the wound was caused by an AP2 weapon, or +2 to the roll if the wound was caused by an AP1 weapon.

1-3: Concussion - A blow to the creature's head or targeting systems leaves it unable to focus. The Monstrous Creature can only fire Snap Shots until the end of its next turn.

4: Stunning Blow - The wound overwhelms the creature momentarily, leaving it temporarily disabled. The Monstrous Creature can only fire Snap Shots until the end of its next turn. In addition, it cannot move until the end of its next turn. If it is a Flying Monstrous Creature, it may not change flight modes in its next movement phase.

5: Arm Shot - One of the creature's arms or weapon mounts is ripped asunder. One of the Monstrous Creature's weapons (randomly chosen) is destroyed. This can include wargear such as teeth and claws. If the creature has no weapons left, treat this result as Crippled instead.

6. Crippled! - The creature's lower limbs or locomotion systems are utterly destroyed. A Crippled Monstrous Creature cannot move. If it is a Flying Monstrous Creature in Swoop mode, it immediately takes a Grounded test that it automatically fails.

7: Mortal strike! - The blow punches through to a vital organ or system. The wound causes Instant Death.
>>
>>44638372

>5 Trukks
>Has problem getting tabled turn two

Well you see... one does not simply field their hole in egg shells and expect them not to crack. They are AV10 all around, open top.

Ramshackle does not do jack shit against 10+ bolter shots. Do what the anon said and get some boyz or nobz to slap the loota weapons onto if you dont want to ruin your burnas. 3 boxes of tankbustas or just more Meganobz since you have those started.

Give the Warboss Megaarmor and put him, the Painboy and as many MANZ as you can into a toy firetruck with all the pieces of the truck you throw against the wall right now. Seriously smash two of them and look up train carts, toy firetrucks or anything with near dimensions.

Boyz will be boyz. If you don't want to commit to spamming them then you are best only using two of them to make room for your lootas and more MANZ. They will only be for objectives, poorly at that. You can also get a Big Mek to go with the crazy MANZ mob you are going on.

You can save the third trukk you are no longer using as bits for Mek Guns (there is a guid posted, probably in this thread).
>>
>>44638563
Are those spark plugs?
>>
>>44638601
>Mek Guns (there is a guid posted, probably in this thread).
>>44635856
>>44635842

>>44638563
was posted as I was typing, beautiful.

Throw those trukks anon. It will probably feel nice n orky.
>>
>>44638603

Yep. Went to my local mechanic and asked if he had any spare. Two days later he handed me a bag with 30.

I also made some kannons ages back from airhose nozzles and bullet casings, and zzap guns from microphone jacks. It can be quite fun visiting the local hardware store to look for gubbins.

>>44638620

Can confirm that chopping up trukks is incredibly cathartic.
>>
>>44638544
AV 10 2 hp.... and that "Heldrakes" gun is Str8 with pinning
>>
>>44638595
>See how anon makes Tyranids the Worst All Time Army in Warhammer40k history in one easy step!

Yeah I bet you're all thinking about Riptides and Wraith Knights when you see this but remember your friendly neighborhood Tyranids Bros who've been bottom feeders for quite awhile already.

I'd rather be squatted.
>>
>>44638674

3 HP actually. And the Helldrake's Baleflamer is Str 6 Ap 3.

They're 55 points, you don't care if one blows up. And they can make those points back easily if they get in range, which with cover they have a reasonable chance of doing. 36" threat range on Turn 2 is respectable.

>>44638675

Oh I know it would dumpster Tyranids even more than they are now. It's the problem with 40K; looking at a Wraithknight, Dreadknight or Stormsurge you'd think "Hey, grav is a great and really needed addition to the game". Except it makes the have-nots even worse.

I guess as an Ork player I'm just sick of seeing my overprices vehicles explode all over the place whilst MCs stride through the same firepower losing single wounds and never having to worry about dieing because someone shoved a melta in their face.
>>
>>44638675
This can be fixed easily by the following:
> Remove Hull Points entirely in 8th edition
> There is only the vehicle/monster damage table.
> If you become immobilized and lose all your weapons, then you're a wreckage.
>>
>>44638743
Oh, I almost forgot. Also remove all wounds from monsters. The only way to kill them is to rip off their arms and legs, or explodify their heart.

Even then, imagine a monster without arms and legs still foaming at the mouth and roaring at anything that gets too close.
>>
File: 1323140490674.png (187KB, 261x271px) Image search: [Google]
1323140490674.png
187KB, 261x271px
>>44638595
>>44637535

You know this solution is so bad I'm gonna post twice about it.

I mean goddamn at least vehicles need a higher strength weapon to roll on the chart. You could literally cripple a Carnifex with a goddamn Las gun . What the fuck.

>"I'm gonna fire my mass Las guns at your Carnifex"
>"well you failed two wounds, let's see the result"
>"well it seems my flashlights have ripped your arm off and destroyed your legs"
>the sound of sledge Hammers smashing Imperial Guard units echos throughout the store.

>alright I'm gonna fire my Termagants at your Chimera
>Oh they can't even do anything?

I am fucking triggered.
>>
>>44638743
Back to fifth ed? No thanks.
>>
>>44638743
>>44638723
>>44638765
Just make them Walkers and remove the 1-4 results and make weapon destroyed a 6, Immobilized a 7 and explodes an 8.

Everything is fixed and nothing is too over powered.
>>
>>44638769
How about something like:
For every 1 weapon strength below the wounded MC's toughness, subtract the result on the table by 1.
>>
>>44638811
And 4th. And 3rd. Etc.
>>
>>44638827
We have MCs that just shoot as well you know.
>>
>>44638827
Even easier, just say that a requirement for rolling on the table is the strength of the weapon being equal to or greater than the target's toughness.

Maybe even just make it greater so Toughness 5 MCs aren't screwed over by Tau infantry.
>>
>>44633456
my squad of 5 long fangs once managed to kill Lelith and her retinue in CC
>>
>>44638847
What MC is T5?
>>
>>44638857
>Coldstar
>>
>>44638857
>>44638871

A Daemon Prince was actually what I was thinking of, though there are probably others.
>>
>>44638857
Daemon Princes.
>>
>>44638857
Tyrannocyte
>>
>>44638871
lel.
>>
>>44633349
Is there any in universe reason why you couldn't have a force thunder hammer? Looking to make a custom lib HQ and thought that would be cool.
>>
>>44638932
Nemesis Daemon Hammer anon.
>>
>>44638932
I modeled my Chaos Sorcerer with a Force Glaive, since I didn't see any reason why alternatives wouldn't exist.

I'm not sure if a Force weapon has to be a blade or not though. Either way, I'd say to go for it if you want it. Just make it clear by looking that it's supposed to be one.
>>
>>44636728
I;d imagine playing as an Emperor Class TItan like using the Eraser on Paint, if the eraser was 8 times larger.
>>
>>44638941
>>44638932
>Nemesis Daemon Hammer- The most common Nemesis Force weapon to be used by non-Grey Knights, the Nemesis Daemon Hammer is often used by high rankingInquisitorsof theOrdo Malleus. The Nemesis Daemon Hammer combines the crushing impact of a more traditionalThunder Hammerand magics of destruction -- few entities of the Warp can survive the impact of a Force Hammer. This weapon was developed by the Ordo Malleus as the ultimate weapon in daemonic destruction.
>>
Im thinking of starting a choas army. 1. Are they competitive atleast to the point of having a fair amount of win/lose rate. 2. Any suggestions?
>>
>>44638970
Summonspam daemons or Khorne Daemonkin spamming doggies. Is the Screamerstar still a thing?
>>
>>44638970
Depends on what you mean by chaos army. Daemons? Chaos Space Marines? Renegades and Heretics?

Khorne Daemonkin is probably your best bet for something 'fair', since it can compete towards the higher end without being straight busted.

If you don't like Khorne, Tzeentch should be good for a Chaos Daemons list.

Nurgle and Slaanesh don't have many great options if you wanted to focus on them, sadly. I'd recommend the Renegades and Heretics list for focusing on Slaanesh, since they can pick up Noise Marines and Sonic Dreadnoughts, and are decent overall. Not sure what to recommend for Nurgle, though I hear Chaos Marine Bikers do alright for themselves.

You could also potentially take some Chaos Imperial Knights to fill out a list, since they're on par with the Loyalist variants.
>>
>>44638970
Yeah. Don't go fucking with the Big 3, but otherwise you'll be fine.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chaos_Daemons(7E)

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chaos_Space_Marines(7E)

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Khorne_Daemonkin(7E)
>>
>>44638941
>>44638963
Ah shit, I didn't realise daemon hammers worked that way, I thought it was just a blessed anti-daemon thing. Great to know that there's precedent.

>>44638945
That sounds pretty cool, I remember force axes looking more like glaives anyway in the past so you could always fluff it as an ancient design if someone gets upset. Force weapons as blades makes more sense to me but rule of cool prevails every time.
>>
>>44638970
Chaos is by no means competitive for tournament environments or WAAC players. But playing casual games in the shop should be ok. Expect to lose in the beginning until you manage to get the hang of how Chaos works. Their HQ's are very killy and almost always want to be in combat, though Sorcerers are good at shooting with various psychic disciplines.

What you should get: most people load up on cultists, which are cheaper pointwise than Chaos marines and fill troops slots. Personally I run both Cultists for rushing the enemy and as backline objective holders and chaos Marines to hold midfield stuff. The elites section of the army has some good stuff, but most of it is expensive pointswise. IMO, you can't go wrong with Terminators and a Hellbrute or two which are useful in detachments. Heavy support is where Chaos packs the most punch with corrupted space marine vehicles and daemon engines. 10/10 go buy a maulerfiend for running up and eating tanks or a forgefiend for multipurpose S8 shooting. Fast attack has chaos bokers and Spawn, which according to tg are the only things keeping the codex alive. I don't run any of them and I've done ok. So, I hope this helps Anon, and don't let the fact that we have a mediocre and old codex get you down!
>>
>>44639072
Every GK melee weapon is force.

Because reasons.
>>
>>44639084
Because apparently that and psychic level 1(minimum) is enough to warrant a massive point per model cost.
>>
>>44639084
Well, it'd be weird to have a Psyker that should have good close-combat ability and not give it a Force weapon. That'd just be silly.

I really resent the Maleceptor. Giant Psychic monster and they give it a janky witchfire.
>>
>>44639115
>psychic level 1
its psychic brotherhood, which means the psyker points cost are spread across the whole unit. Psykery should not cause such ridiculous costs on what are tac marines with storm bolters
>>
>Trading update
>December sales were below expectations across the Group. At this stage in the Company's financial year, the Company's internal projections indicate that pre-tax profit for the year to 29 May 2016 is unlikely to exceed £16 million. A further update will be made when appropriate.

>Sales

>Reported sales fell by 2.2% to £55.3 million for the period. On a constant currency basis, sales were up by 0.7% from £56.5 million to £56.9 million; split by channel this comprised: retail £23.0 million (2014: £23.4 million), trade £22.3 million (2014: £22.0 million) and mail order £11.6 million (2014: £11.1 million).

GW sales down in the period they launched Age of Sigmar and Betrayal at Calth. Not to mention Tau and whatever other codices hit since July.
>>
>>44639129
Shit if that thing had force weapons and a witch fire more like what pink horrors have it would be sweet.
>>
>>44639150
What about other similar companies? Did the economy poop itself a bit this holiday season as a whole?
>>
>>44639155
'If X had Y and Z it would be sweet' is basically the Tyranid codex in a nutshell.

It's very disappointing.
>>
>>44639184
How do we make Warriors good?
>>
>>44638970
CSM without Forge World are one of the worst armies in the game and probably won't even do well casually. With Forge World units (such as Rapier Batteries, Fire Raptors, Sicarans, and Hell Blades) they become playable and semi competitive. The greatest irony of CSM is the best way to play them is to not run any marine models.

Daemons are top tier because of Malefic Summoning but require a lot of skill to be played at that level. Pretty strait forward if you just make a Grimoire deathstar and run forward at them.

Khorne Daemonkin is a slightly more functional version of CSM that has some daemons sprinkled in their. The Blood Tithe mechanic basically means free rules and units which help compensate for the mediocre units you are forced to take. Can be pretty good if you take only use already solid units (Maulerfiends, Soul Grinders, Flesh Hounds, Bikes, Hell Drakes) since blood tithe just makes it better.
>>
>>44639172
Sort of, in the UK I know a lot of shops that were expecting more sales than they had in the lead up to Christmas and even on this week there were some coming out with different blames for their profits slouching. Even our version of dollar stores had profit drops so it's not surprising that an expensive hobby shop did as well.
>>
>>44639202
People always say they'd be fine if they had Toughness 5.

Maybe improve their guns or melee weapons as well.
>>
>>44639202
I think they just need to be cheaper. Sure T4 sucks for instant death but they usually have a decent cover save and still eat up high strength shots that would normally be hitting bigger monstrous creatures.
>>
>>44639268
Making things cheaper isn't always the best way to fix things though. That just means people have to go out and buy more plastic to fill a list.
>>
>>44639242
>>>44639202
>Maybe improve their guns or melee weapons as well.

I don't know how much better you can get than 5pts for Rending or 20 points S:user AP3 +3I

Deathspitters is S5 AP5 assault 3 for 5pts.
>>
>>44639277
It's nids, you have to do that anyway and we all know there's 9-12 of the fuckers sitting in a drawer in just about every nid players house.
>>
>>44639280
I more meant their basic weapons, since I recall Scything talons being a bit underwhelming.

Either way, probably a more unnecessary change compared to the toughness thing.
>>
Unit A charges. Unit A is comprised of Bob who us I6, and Billy who is I4, but wields two weapons. One of them is unwieldy.

Unit B is comprised of Joes who are I4.

When does Billy have to decide if he is going to use his unwieldy weapon or normal I4 weapon? Before Bob goes or after Bob goes?
>>
>>44639322
Billy would have to declare that he's using his I4 weapon during the I4 step and pile in accordingly to slap some Joe shit.
>>
>>44639322
The rulebook is clear that you decide which weapon to use when that model goes to swing. So you wouldn't until i4 which is after Bob at i6
>>
File: 1451793850492.gif (1MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1451793850492.gif
1MB, 280x210px
>>44639150
>I'm gonna give my uneducated opinion on economics
Please enlighten us
>>
>30k mechanicum vs KDK
>the kdk guy has this ongoing need to beat my army, he brought a lord of skulls this time
>s9 ap3 ID hellstorm is bad news for castellax
>turn one, focus fire LOS as hard as possible
>do 2 HP total
>OHSHITNIGGER.EXE
>real fuckin worried
>he goes to delete my castellax
>daemongore cannon gets hot, truly the omnissiah has blessed me
>my turn, thallax deepstrike in, then blow 5 HP off that big nigger in one go, krios venator finishes it off, it goes boom and kills the LR with his lord and some some termies in it
>thanatars give them a plasma bath
>it all spirals down from there, its basically just him summoning skullcannons and me popping them, repeatedly
>luck out on maelstrom cards, ends up 23-5
i think i need to put this army into storage and play something less cunty
>>
>>44639495

I gave an opinion? I posted a segment of GW's financial report and stated that stuff had come out in that time period. GW themselves said sales were down.

I know nothing of economics which is precisely why I didn't give an opinion.
>>
I'm doing a weeaboo shit with marines chapter atm. I've got bunch of katanas for my marines, and now thought of using GK as basis for table top rules.

I've got head shoulder and weapon conversions for the marines, but I wanted to make these kinda giant warriors to use as dread knights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-bCGOthQ5k

Any idea where I can get base models to make these? suggestions?

Thanks.
>>
File: 1450530814441-b.jpg (35KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1450530814441-b.jpg
35KB, 406x364px
>>44639518
>23-5
>>
I know right? Usually I win by a full 20 point lead. It was a really close match.
>>
>>44639639
Verminlords might work as a base as they have the right weaponry you want and are the right height. Only thing is they're very fleshy and furry without much armour so you'd need a fair amount of greenstuff work as well.
>>
>>44639656
>denying me my (you)
>>
>>44639639
Infinity has good scifjapan stuff,

Domaru, especially the new ones, see pic, and Haramaki would fit well

http://infinitythegame.com/catalogue/yu-jing.html
>>
File: 718-spongebob-wallet.png (622KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
718-spongebob-wallet.png
622KB, 720x540px
Do you guys buy all your stuff new? How much are you willing to spend on a single model?
>>
>>44635527
>nob bikers
Fun times
Occasionally at my FLGS we get drunk and play old editions.
>>
>>44639716
It depends on the model, and where I can find it, I mostly play Infinity now, so for an average sized dude, maybe 13usd at most, but for 40k, unless it was a speciifc model I really wanted, no more than 10 for characters, 7ish for squad members.
>>
>>44639518
You know 30k isn't suppose to be played with 40k right?
>>
>>44639716
>Do you guys buy all your stuff new?

Most of it, though usually at a fair discount either online or at a shop near me. Tend to get $10-20 off any given kit.

>How much are you willing to spend on a single model?

Depends a lot on the model. Some things are just expensive due to size, while others I get specific bits for, so the total is more than it would seem.

I think the most I've spent on a singe thing though is $120 for a Dark Eldar Tantalus.
>>
>>44639716
25 bucks infantry sized

~50 bucks ~battle suit sized

~100 extravagant MCs
>>
>>44639787
this seems pretty fair to be honest

>instead of like $35 for FUCKING TROOPS
>>
>>44639797
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Tau-Empire-Fire-Warriors
>>
>>44639830
>http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Tau-Empire-Fire-Warriors

That is enough for two squads though, /justsayin
>>
File: 1426177378519.jpg (23KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1426177378519.jpg
23KB, 400x267px
>>44639797
>>44639853
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Militarum-Tempestus-Scions
Why do I love stormies so much;_;
>>
>>44639853
It used to be around $35 for 12, which also used to be enough for 2 squads.
>>
>>44639853
Too bad you can't get that special tactical support turret anywhere else but that box and it only comes with one. :^)
>>
>>44639879
>>44639887
Ah, I haven;t bought gw stuff at retail in years, been buying shit off craigslist then redoing them to be somewhat presentable. Those prices are insane. I was shocked by the lets collect sets that were 120 usd for a book and like 5 dudes
>>
File: wolfenstein-1.jpg (187KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wolfenstein-1.jpg
187KB, 1280x720px
>>44639907
Citadel paint pot, etch some lines and slap some misslepods on top

Side note, I;m looking to do a wolfenstein tno themed thing, any suggestions? The eisenkern look great.
>>
File: nyoron.png (173KB, 491x495px) Image search: [Google]
nyoron.png
173KB, 491x495px
>>44639921
Also, do support turrets count as models for game terms?
>>
>>44639830
>http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Tau-Empire-Fire-Warriors

HOLY SHIT
I get that you get drones and that turret thing but goddamn
>>
Any of you guys used the custom tray creator from Battlefoam? What do they mean by, "remember to add 1/4 inch (6 mm) to every tray to allow space for the bottoms"?
>>
>>44639954
The drones were always a thing when they were 35 for 12.
>>
>>44633349
I just finished the Imperial Guard campaign in Dark Crusade and the outro said that after his great victory, Alexander had an extremely bright future ahead of him, as the leader of Kronus Liberators.

I wonder what great things happened to him afterwards!
>>
>>44639954
It also has 2 less fire warriors than the previous kit and like a 40% increase in price. But hey, now you have more non-special weapon options that you will never equip to anything ever, and a bunch of extra heads!
>>
>>44639952
Only for range.

>>44640034

They are a brand new recast though for whatever that's worth
>>
>>44640057
So in kill team, with the below rule, would you be allowed to bring a turret?

You’re on Your Own: Extra models cannot be generated during the course of the
game by any means. Furthermore, the Reserves rule is not used unless as a result of
the Outflank special rule. Models cannot enter Ongoing Reserve by any means. If any
models in your Kill Team can normally only be deployed via Deep Strike, simply deploy
them along with the rest of your army
>>
>>44640057
Oh the sprues definitely have $60 CAD worth of parts on them, but you're never going to use all those bits because most of the pieces are 3 different types of base rifles and 20 different heads. The kit is a fair price on paper and a rip off in practice because it's two kits worth of parts put into one box, but only enough pieces to create 1 squad.
>>
>>44634566
Buy it from Chinaman.
No I won't tell you how to contact him.
Find it out yourself.
Every man must find his own path to the oriental man of cheap resin and it is a perilous journey.
>>
>>44640143
I literally Google "Warhammer40k Chinaman" and a 4chan archive page with detailed contact information popped up first thing.

2spooky4me
>>
>>44633429
And how many they're going to sell from that mould. Drop pod sales are going to be a bit better than dreads.
>>
>>44639529
>I gave an opinion? I posted a segment of GW's financial report and stated that stuff had come out in that time period. GW themselves said sales were down.
You said "sales are down." The quote said sales are up after currency adjustment - i.e. sales are slightly down but it's because of currency fluctuations.
>>
>>44640217
>derp
That's not the current contact info and hasn't been for ages...
>>
>>44640077
>generated: produce: cause (a particular result or situation) to happen or come into existence.

RAW refers to "set up" while Kill Team RAW mentions generated.

This is actually quite a damn question.
>>
>>44634900
Seeing as GW are giving back all the major specialist games, I think we're doing pretty well.
>>
>>44640356
Like, it could be interpreted as everyone that purchased as part of the squad can set one up. though 1 per force slot seems more reasonable,

I was looking at it like the support weapon platforms that guardians have, where its more a token, but it draws lof from itself, not the guy shooting it, so on that ground, it exists and is a model that would mean it cannot be taken.

I think just taking it and treating the group that purchased it the squad would be acceptable?
>>
>>44636728
>>44636801
>>44638269
>>44638953
Already done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUep6xNeKjA
>>
>>44639985
If you buy a 1" tray it's actually 1.25" because you've got the 1" sheet with holes in and a 1/4" sheet on the bottom.
>>
>>44640384
HoR people are talking about tying it to the Team leader
>>
Why is this named after Corax
Don't him and his legion like black
>>
>>44639202
Eternal Warrior or T5. I personally would favor EW since S3 wounds T5 on 6+
>>
>>44640583
>eternal warrior
>on a warrior
nah, EW is plot armour for important NPCs like muhreen CMs and yarrick. t5 is way more appropriate for a bigass combat mainstay for the swarm, they should be tougher than a puny umie warrior
>>
File: Panda had enough.gif (983KB, 323x224px) Image search: [Google]
Panda had enough.gif
983KB, 323x224px
>>44639184
>Tyranid codex in a nutshell.

>It's very disappointing.

As a Chaos player who just enjoy the game, I keep hearing that.

But it's getting hard to take serious when your DP gets downed in one turn from 12 twinliked S6 shots that cost atleast 75 points less then your dude who at best gets 2D6, S user shots with range 12.

Not to mention that you rightfully use Malenthropes or what the FW thing is called, meaning everything has atleast a 3+ cover save, and spawning units out the butt.

My keeper is lucky to suvive a round of shooting against a Dakkafex.

I honestly don't see where the Tyranid victim complex gets it's validity from anymore.

And before bringing up Taudar, that's a problem effecting everyone, not just nids.
>>
>>44640511
I'll just ask, if I can;t I'll just take another dude, no biggie
>>
>>44640569
Corax and his crew are white as fuck, but yeah it's a bit of a daft name. It's like having "Vulkan black".
>>
>>44640622
We've been almost as nerfed as you guys every codex for years, we have little to no ranged AP-the 12 s6 has no AP whatsoever-we have no Invulnerable at all other than the swarmlord, who is a 450+ point deathstar who still gets tarpitted by anything with EW/multiple wounds, our highest BS is 4, we have no allies whatsoever-we would kill for anything like your Daemons, our single good unit is considered cheese by anyone up to and including marine gravspam, the list continues. Basically, we're an assault-focused army forced to become shooty, and we have one unit good at it.
>>
>>44633349
Want to get into IG, hows the new starter pack?
>>
>>44639242
>Maybe improve their guns or melee weapons as well.
Warriors with a prime are pretty killy, the problem is T4 and the terrible price tag on the prime
>>44640611
>they should be tougher than a puny umie warrior
That's why they have 3 wounds. EW would fix the problem clean
>>44640622
>B-but you have flyrants
Guess I have to start including them to my army because people won't shut up them.
>>
>>44640762
Eternal warrior is plot armour, it is almost always handed out to an important character, not some midfield sternguard-equivalents with a bad save. T5 is something that is actually reasonable. Anyway, there are dozens of more deserving units in the nid dex for EW-Tyrants, most MCs, etc
>>
So, I've recently started colleting space marines but hadn't started painting them yet because I wanted to look around the chapters taking my time to sounding them.
I like the Hawk Lords colors and the fact that they were involved during the 13th Crusade is nice since that I'm going to run them together with IG but the problem is that they don't like Drop pods while I (as a player) do.
So, should I play them and get called "unfluffy" because I'll have more drop pods than flyers (gonna play one or two stormtalons) or should I just play Black Consuls and go with the lore?
>>
>>44640029

Not the canon ending.
>>
>>44640744
Eh I don't think you can really do much, Tau looks so much better than the other deals though.

Personally, I'd suggest two of the IG ones as a starting point
>>
File: 13609778358339.jpg (447KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
13609778358339.jpg
447KB, 1200x1200px
LISTEN UP YA GITZ!

AD ENUF OF UZ NOT UZING BLITZ BRIGADE RITE SO IZ BOUT TO LAY SOME NOWLEGE ON YA.

BLITZ BRIGADE CAN SCOUTZ YA SEE! BUT DA RESTRICTION SAYZ DAT UZ CANT CHARGE OUTTA DA WAGON CAUZ IT MITZ BE TOO SCARY FOR DEM DER PANZY GITZ.

BUTZ IT SAYZ UZ CANT CHARGE ON DA FIRST TURNZ, WHICH IS ACTUALLYZ DA FIRST PLAYER TURN.

SO WEZ MITE NOT BE ABLE TO CHARGE FIRST AFTER GOINZ FIRST BUT WEZ CAN CHARGE SECOND ON DA FIRST TURNZ IF WEZ GO SECOND!

WEZ JUST HAZ TO LET DEM GITZ GETZ A FEW SHOTS OFF FIRST.

NOWZ UZ MITE BE SAYING! BOSSS! WEZ SCOUTED! WE CANTZ CHARGE FIRST TURN ANYWAYZ.

AND IZ KRUMP YA FOR SAYING DAT! YA SEEE DA BATTLEWAGON WAS DA UNIT DAT SCOUTED YA GIT! NOT UZ BOYZ / NOBZ / MANZ / FLASHGITZ (WHICH DAYZ BE HAPPY ABOUT CAUZE NOW DAYZ IN RANGE TO SHOOT SOME FISH IN DA BARREL HAHA!

SO WEZ ARE NOT EFFECTED BY THE SCOUT MOVE RESTRICTIONZ OF NOT CHARGING!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! UZ DA BRIGADE AND CHARGE TURNZ 1 YA GITZ!
>>
>>44640789
>T5 is something that is actually reasonable.
Tell that to the ones wielding a lot of S3
>>
>>44640824

This argument is so bad because it assumes people are taking shit weapons with shit strength.

>Oh on you can't take T5 how will my weakest gun hurt you.

Meanwhile they field a Str 10 Ap 1 48 inch range weapon.

Stupid argument.
>>
>>44640824
not >>44640837 but he's right, we have anti-infantry but no decent ranged stuff whatsoever, no artillery or tanks or MCs like riptides or dreadknights or anything of the type
>>
File: NOOT NOOT.gif (384KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
NOOT NOOT.gif
384KB, 350x263px
>>44640823
too orky, didn't read
>>
>>44640793
True, he gets promoted only to get shot like a bitch by some Tau noname on Kaurava.
>>
>>44640851
What army are you talking about that has large amounts of S3 and no decent ranged shooting, vehicles, or MC's?
>>
>>44637695
>12-18" guns
Lmao
>>
>>44640837
>assumes people are taking shit weapons with shit strength.
So people don't field orks, guards/renegades and gaunts?
>>
>>44640880
tyranids. Our MCs are outclassed in their own niche
>>44640884
Not him, but if they (orks/guard) do take boyz/guardsmen, they have the option of taking good weapons in their other slots. Tyranids lack this
>>
>>44640880
Kroot.
>>
>>44640884
Ahuh they do, and what else do they take to make up for the strength 3-4 guns?

You know, the things designed to deal with high toughness units.
>>
>>44633456
>My sisters vs. Farsight enclaves
>Farsight and friends deep-strike down and kill a rhino, fail to kill an exorcist
>Exorcist murders Farsight's buddies
>Canoness with Eviscerator charges him
>Farsight strikes first and deals a wound
>Initiative step 1
>Canoness would probably have a shit-eatting grin at this point
>4 attacks
>4 wounds
>4 failed saves
>Farsight falls to the ground, dead
>Fanatical space nun runs off into the night, covered in Blueberry blood
>>
>>44640904

I dunno, I take Tankbustas and pray to Gork and/or Mork. Lootas can hurt high toughness but rarely ignore their armour save. Or their "haha got one toe in a ruins 4+ cover save".
>>
File: ne brutal.gif (34KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
ne brutal.gif
34KB, 356x200px
>>44640912
>Quadruple instant death
>>
>>44640928
>Not using true line of sight.
>>
>>44633456
My tau commander R'alai beating a demon prince in close combat.
>>
>>44633722
Please respond
>>
>>44640904
But should they have to against warriors? The only real major flaw warriors have is ID. Raising their toughness would solve this, but it's also needless buff because there are better, more straight forward solutions. This is the point I'm trying to make and somewhat failing
>>
I asked a question about base sizes yesterday and some anon kindly answered, thank you.

I have another question though:
Using old Pleasureseekers as Seekers of Slaanesh. They fit on a 40mm round base, look much beter on a 50mm round base, but the plastic Seekers come on a 70x25mm 'oval' base.

Is it ok to use the round bases? The 50mm are about 3cm2 larger and the 40mm about 4cm2 smaller. But both are considerably wider.
>>
>>44640957
rangers camp on an objective

guardians die

DA pretend they;re battlesuits on a diet
>>
>>44640939
>Ruins are difficult terrain. Models in ruins receive a 4+ cover save, regardless of whether or not they are 25% obscured.
>>
>>44640939
TLoS is what 40k uses. It's irrelevant when the rules for ruins say "hey ignore that thing about true light of sight if you're in here you always get a 4+ lol" though.
>>
>>44640957
If on a terrain heavy table: use battle focus to pop in and out of LOS while dakkaing shit. Rangers sit still, obviously.

If on a terrain light table: hide in cover and shoot shit (maybe after being dropped off onto an objective by a wave serpent).

If on planet bowling ball: die.

More generally guardians want a warlock, avengers you can be a smidgen more aggressive with due to their 4+ save. Don't be seduced by avengers' special rules when they get charged, those are bonuses, you don't really want them in close combat.

If you want to try to gunline with your guardians consider the pale courts options in the corsairs book.
>>
File: base sizes.png (81KB, 751x347px) Image search: [Google]
base sizes.png
81KB, 751x347px
>>44640967
>>
>>44641004
>>44641014
>Not ignoring "my 60 foot model has its left toe in the ruin despite being 99.999999% in the open so it has 4+ cover".
>>
>>44633456
>>44640912
>playing Dark Eldar vs Tau
>maelstrom mission, the one where you keep your cards secret
>warlord haemonculus and a single grotesque charge commander and battlesuit escorts
>challenge between haemonculus and commander, take a wound off him with the scissorhand
>Tau commander makes an attack with onager gauntlet
>S8
>hits
>rolls a 1 to wound
>next round of combat
>haemonculus does no damage
>commander misses
>continues to miss for a few rounds of combat while grotesque whittles down escort suits and haemonculus can't seem to land a wound
>succubus with WS9 and 4++ save plus a second squad of grotesques charge into the combat
>heroic intervention

>tau player concedes
>turns out he was holding Slay the Warlord as a tactical objective
>could have pulled ahead in points and won if only his commander managed to land a wound on the haemonculus
>>
>>44640962
My personal opinion is yes. Simply because Warriors have a 4+ armour save. That is the downside to their toughness. Warriors, Nobs etc should be resilient to stuff and T5 is on that cusp where it can still be reliably taken down by weaker mass fire but is still strong enough to not be wiped out because it got looked at wrong.

Simply T5 2 wound model with a 4+ save is not going to have any negative effect on the game, because as mentioned if you really want to bring it down just take that Str 6+ weapon you have and focus fire it like you should.
>>
>>44641040
Yeah thanks, I guess..... But the base model only comes on a 50x50 square base so that's not much help.
>>
>>44641056
Why should I? Cover is crucial to my army and personally I hate the 25% rule since it can be hard to determine. Do fexes get cover from termagants for example. If I say yes and my opponent says no then which is it?
>>
40 Drop Pod army guy here:

Looking this over, whilst it was a fun idea in taking unbound gimmick lists to the limit, it was also pretty dumb in that it's no fun to play against and only really has anti infantry capability, even upgrading to deathwind launchers.

A fluff justification someone suggested though was a chaos corrupted ai/partial STC bombarding a planet with empty drop pods as it's main strike capability. I do like that. I also like the idea of using pod spam to block movement lanes and to hold objectives by simple brute force of throwing pods at it until you can't get a unit in to contest.

But yeah, I'm now thinking more of using about 15 (750 points worth) deathwind launcher pods and filling the rest of my points with other units a mad ai vessel manufacturing shit and orbital bombarding with it might deploy. What units are appropriate? Bearing in mind they need to both be themed as manufacturable and deployable from orbit.

Kataphrons seem a good option, the orbital cannibalising it's crew for parts.
>>
>>44641101
Yes, it was actually covered in a whitedwarf that your Fex does.

However, you can admit how batshit insane it is to have a tiny fraction of your base "in cover" yet the majority of it outside it. That's pretty min max gameplay and just taking advantage of stuff.

Point of cover is to break LoS and put things between your model, if there isn't anything between you and just left toe remained inside the square it kinda breaks the allusion of what is actually happening in the game.

So yeah, you should. Want to be in cover, be in cover. Can't draw a straight line between your body and the other models body? Then you're intervened and in cover.

My personal opinion, my way of playing the game, and my thoughts on how it should be done properly.
>>
>>44641080
T5 W2? You never mentioned wound reduction
>>
Say warriors do become T5. Should other stuff in the tyranid codex that's of similar size (raveners, lictors, zoanthropes, venomthropes) become T5 as well, do you think?

>>44641101
The most important rule says you roll-off for it. Sadly some WAACunts use this as a means of cheating and getting their way 50% of the time.
>>
>>44641151
I only care about the units I have models for, who cares about lictors lmao.
>>
>>44641145
Oh, I forget Warriors are 3 W. Still, nothing unbeatable.
>>
>>44641151
>raveners
yes
>lictors, various 'thropes
no
Raveners are warrior genus, same with shrikes, although shrikes might need to stay lighter. Lictors are sneaky and skinny, thropes are wimpy specialists, neither feel significantly tougher than Marines like stock Warriors do
>>
File: 99120199006_ImperialSectorNEW01.jpg (44KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120199006_ImperialSectorNEW01.jpg
44KB, 600x620px
I think a big problem is the combination of TLOS with the sort of scenery people use. Ruins like pic related are really common where I play, but having loads of holes you can generally still trace a line of sight even through several such terrain pieces. TLOS would be my choice in principle but it needs solid buildings or whatever to break LOS properly.
>>
>>44641137
>However, you can admit how batshit insane it is to have a tiny fraction of your base "in cover" yet the majority of it outside it.
Oh of course, the base should be mostly if not entirely in the ruins. Doing the actual "tip of the toe" is simply goes against the spirit of a good game
>>
>>44641199
>Doing the actual "tip of the toe" is simply goes against the spirit of a good game
Or the game has shit rules
>>
TLOS causes too many arguments. I had to buy a laser pointer after one too many people being weird about it.

The worst is people who hear you explicitly say you're moving X unit to get in range/to shoot at something then don't raise their LOS objection until the shooting phase so they can act smug about you having wasted that unit's turn/ "fallen into a trap". I've seriously had this happen to me a couple times, especially with the case of single unit models.
>>
File: CIMG0627.jpg (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG0627.jpg
17KB, 640x480px
>>44641245
The problem with laser pointers is you only need to get a little bit of light to claim you can see it, even if less than 1% of the light gets through. Much better is to use a laser pointer which projects an image (something simple like pic related) as then you can easily judge if the image is visible, if 50% of the image is visible, or whatever.
>>
File: 1328842930566.jpg (59KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1328842930566.jpg
59KB, 512x512px
what if all the 'canon' fiction about space marine battle prowess is just imperial propaganda, and their performance on the tabletop is their 'real' canon performance?
>>
>>44641422
what if chaos doesnt exist, and the entire galaxy is just being played for fools by Vect, Cegorach and Eldrad?
>>
>>44641422
Chapters would die out really, really quickly, as basically any battle would see half a company or so wiped out. Unless of course the thing of there only being 1000 marines in a chapter is also propaganda to keep imperial rulers (governors and rouge traders, maybe even the high lords) from panicking about legions...
>>
Anyone tried these?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/forge-world-40k-WORLD-EATERS-DREADNOUGHT-fast-delivery-resin-models-brinquedoss-free-shipping/32590617128.html
>>
File: exodite.png (257KB, 280x660px) Image search: [Google]
exodite.png
257KB, 280x660px
Hey /tg/,
If I were going to set up a diorama of sorts involving exodites, what would be the most likely race to mount an offensive against them?
>>
File: oc1.png (569KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
oc1.png
569KB, 1000x1000px
So I went to my FLGS today to buy the rulebook and Tau codex (I posted about this yesterday).
>They had neither and put in an order, the Filipino edgelord who runs the store wasn't friendly at all.

>Then he didn't believe me when I said I don't have whatsapp after he asked if I wanted to be added to the local 40k whatsapp group.

Considering just buying stuff off Amazon, but even that's a pain in Dubai.

Anyhow, made this based on yesterday's MWG discussion.
>>
>>44640900
>Kroot
>an army
Pick one. It was an army. Now it's a mediocre unit in an overpowered codex.
>>44640880
Tyranids are the army that would be gaining the T5 Warriors. Besides, Tyranids have tons of units and weapons packing S4+.

Shooting weapons, accuracy, and cover reduction have been increasing in strength and potency for a while now. It's time for Tougness, Wounds, and melee stats to start getting the same treatment.
>>
>>44641632
>>44640899
Meant to link this one.
>>
>>44641617
Their traditional enemies are imperial knights, but they're probably too big for a good diorama unless you're putting all the exodites on carnosaurs. So, maybe some slightly more feudal-themed imperial guard (I've seen some nice conversions based on bretonnian men-at-arms) to represent the basic forces of a knight world?
>>
>>44641631

>My dubs get insult has been memed.

Am I famous now?
>>
>>44641631
That's an LGS, not an FLGS.

Is he your only local choice? If so, I'd only put up with his crap long enough to meet some people to play.
>>
>>44641653
Yes, how does it feel?
>>
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jan/08/games-workshop-fails-weave-christmas-magic

What would you do if your local warhammer closed/FLGS stopped selling it?
>>
>>44641687
It just makes me happy. I can quite happily continue to play this game ad infinitum because I own the models, I have the rule books, and I have the friends who are in the same boat.

So seeing GW sales fail is nothing but hot sizzling steak in my stomach.
>>
>>44641632
>It's time for Tougness, Wounds, and melee stats to start getting the same treatment.
>I love power creep

Jesus guy, if they start doing that shit and continue on as they have, basically no figures will die within the turn limit by the next edition.
>>
>>44641651
Thanks, I thought it would be something Imperial but I didn't know enough about exodites to figure it out
>>
File: 1420568005152.jpg (63KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1420568005152.jpg
63KB, 722x349px
>>44641664
Its the only one in the UAE.
>http://www.thenational.ae/uae/dubai-wargaming-enthusiast-finds-his-forte-with-battlezone-shop

I went during a wargaming meetup, expecting there to be lots of people playing so I could watch, learn, and meet people.
There was only one game going on, and it wasn't 40k (don't remember what is was).
It seems the shop is mostly just for MTG, tons of tables for that.

Tips for buying stuff online?
I'm moving to the US in 5.5 months, so I'd like to build a small army to be ready to play there.
>>
>>44641710
I'd rather a gradual power creep across all stats instead of only shooting undergoing power creep and only for some armies.
>>
>>44641492
I dunno, 2 battles you had with your friend might have occurred decades apart in 40k canon, giving enough time to bring the chapter numbers back up to strength. I would also assume that the 1000 marines only rule doesn't apply to initiates ready to join the full chapter as soon as one falls
>>
File: haemonculus.jpg (225KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
haemonculus.jpg
225KB, 800x1000px
ok /tg/ quick question, I live in Canada and im looking to get my hands on the Haemonculus covens supplement but I looked on geedubs website and its gone however there is a softback version apparently but its not on the Canadian site, will it be released over here?

(if I remember correctly champions of fenris wasn't available for some time but eventually is was released)
>>
>>44641756
Maybe ask in shop and see if they'll order it in for you.
>>
>>44641128

Refluff dreadnoughts as big stompy robots, because other vehicles and MCs won't fit in pods.
>>
>>44641749
I suppose the other thing is balanced battles are not the most common in canon. The vast majority of dark eldar raids will be against poorly trained/equipped PDFs, not space marine strike forces. The vast majority of tyranid assaults will outnumber their opponents 10,000 to 1, not 3-5 to 1. And so on. So, a lot of the time space marines would be striking vastly inferior forces and taking fewer casualties.
>>
>>44641911

Most of the time Guard engage the opposing army and Marines independently pick and choose spots to hammer into.
>>
>>44641617

Orks I'd say. Biel-Tan single them out as the biggest problem for Eldar maiden worlds.
>>
>>44641186
>Lictors sneaky
Kek
>>
>>44641651

>Their traditional enemies are imperial knights

Since when? I've never even heard of a fight between them.
>>
File: LOOK HOW FABULOUS THEY ARE.jpg (174KB, 415x599px) Image search: [Google]
LOOK HOW FABULOUS THEY ARE.jpg
174KB, 415x599px
>>44641955
Back in ye olden days, when army compositions were set by percentages, vehicles had locational damage, and there were actual rules for fielding exodites. The exodite fluff (two whole pages!) says exodites and knights fight a lot, knight war machines are a common sight on exodite worlds, and exidtes use the webway to strikes knight worlds in retaliation. There hasn't been as much fluff about exodites since, so even though it's old it's the most detailed info on them we have.
>>
Quick question. Can IG take an empty Chimera as a fast attack option for low point games like Kill Team?
>>
>>44642217
Afraid not, the IG codex came out before they started putting transports in fast attack, it can only be taken as a dedicated transport.
>>
>>44642280
Damn, I guess I'll have to wait for the next update for that. I should look to kitting out Veterans or adding a Sentinel then. Thanks for the quick response.
>>
>>44640762

I think changing the prime to an upgrade similar to the neurothrope where if the squad has x amount of warriors, one may be upgraded to a prime would work well.

Could make shooty warrior spam for troops a viable option.

Also, having synapse grant FNP or something could really save the nids and make synapse actually mean something again, instead of just being a general pain in the ass.
>>
>>44642516
Hmm. I agree, but I don't like the specific idea of nids (effectively) getting army-wide FNP. Gaunts and the like aren't meant to be shrugging off small arms fire, they're meant to die to it. I'd prefer them getting a different buff, like say removing the three buffs you get when you roll a 6 on the instinctive behaviour table and just making it so you get those when the unit is in synapse.

But yeah. A bit more carrot than stick would be good with synapse.
>>
>>44641060
>tau
>not buffmander
>melee combat
>>
The Tyranid Prime has two issues:

1: It's not cheap. Completely overpriced in fact, which sucks for what is clearly intended as the cheap HQ choice of the faction. Harks back to the old days when you could use Warriors as your HQ without involving a Tyrant except in larger games.

2: Wings biomorph is stupidly phrased as upgrading a MC to a FMC, meaning you can't take a flying prime. Even though Shrikes are in fact a thing.
>>
>>44642580

Buffmander is shit outside absurd cadre abuse.
>>
>>44642601
>not using formations
>7ed
>>
>>44642586

Well if they did buff the rest of the codex up to top tier levels through massive, systematic changes... I would be cool with them changing the wings biomorph to just give jump status.

Not removing the dedicated flyer monsters from being flyers, just punishing idiots who monobuilded flyrant lists.

I take joy in when a codex improves overall but punishes monobuild morons: See annihilation barge and night scythe spam being fucking dead despite necrons overall getting much stronger.
>>
>>44642601
Actually with squad size increased to 9, he's not.
>>
>>44642676

Huh, fairly true.

Of course you could save points and just make the Shas'vre a buff Shas'vre. Just saying.
>>
>>44642516
>I think changing the prime to an upgrade similar to the neurothrope where if the squad has x amount of warriors, one may be upgraded to a prime would work well.
I think it would work too, but it would be nice to have a HQ choice under 100 pts. OOE should definitely be an upgrade to a fex brood
>>44642576
IB should go back to what it was in 3rd ed. Having 3 tables is just pointless and the feed one is mind nummingly bad
>>44642586
>meaning you can't take a flying prime. Even though Shrikes are in fact a thing.
What's funny is that 6th ed made it so that the Alpha Warrior rule applies to shrikes too, but there's no point in taking a footslogger with jump infantry
>>
>>44642662
>wings biomorph to just give jump status.
But FMC are jump MCs.
Just make it so the wings take up a "weapon slot"
>>
>>44642626

I use formations.

I just don't form abusive dick optimised superformations in an already high end army.

Also Hunter Cadre uses massed troops and I like suit and drone lists.
>>
>>44642725

Then how do Warrior Primes take wings?
>>
File: goldenshower.jpg (44KB, 522x392px) Image search: [Google]
goldenshower.jpg
44KB, 522x392px
>mfw playing both Orks and CSM
>mfw no CSM update in sight and Orks being what they are
>mfw my LGS meta is composed of no-fun-allowed try-hards that force me to field cheesy as fuck lists because without that I would be obliterated

Just kill me now.
>>
>>44642782
>not playing with your friends and house ruling the game into something that resembles fun.
>>
Do we know anything about that infamous new SW codex that should come out next month?
As much as sadpanda is "100% true" usually we should have receive some more rumors by now
>>
I was thinking about getting an imperial knight for when I play in bigger games like Apoc with friends, and read up on Gerantius the Forgotten Knight.

Is he any good, or is there something better? Its my first superheavy I'm buying for my marines, and just wanted to make sure he wasn't terrible before I went, bought one and painted it up to be him.
>>
>>44642813

Kinda hoping he fucks up actually: There's something weirdly smug about the people referring back to him in a way there isn't with other rumour sources.
>>
>>44642725
Just nurf the gun, that's what upsets the people. If wings took a weapon slot, getting extra attack from weapons would be impossible and that in turn would be bullshit.
>>44642750
They don't
>>
>>44642813
Space Wolves? Didn't they get a Dex this edition?

>>44642849
Probably because he only opens his mouth when he knows for sure something is going down. Like media people used to do before they fucking spammed bullshit.
>>
>>44642855
>They don't

Which would make the wings biomorph continue to be shit. Pretty sure it's literally only Flyrants who can take it right now.
>>
>>44642884
They did, but we don't actually know that they are getting a new dex in feb. All we have from him is literally "no IG in feb, its spacewolves"
>>
>>44642893
>flying Brood Lord
>>
>>44642912
Wonder what it could possibly be?
>>
>10 dire avengers with exarch with twin linked gun footslogging
Or
>10 guardians with scatter laser and warlock with singing spear
Same point cost
>>
>>44642849

Initially, as a SW player I had your same hope, also because there are codices with greater needs right now, but I can't really feel that way anymore.
This past two months I kept imagining what we could receive with this new codex: 4A dreadnoughts, WS4 Blood Claws, some cool rule for the scouts, hellfrost weapons for the long fangs, and now I feel I really need that codex.
Maybe not actually the codex, but something new. It's like receiving a fine meal, not good but fine, and then someone come out and says "In this box there is the most good food you may want".
Even if you aren't hungry anymore, now you feel the need to eat whatever there is inside that box, and you would feel cheated if it was actually empty

>>44642884
Yep, but this rumormonger with 100% of right guesses said that there will be something new/more next month
>>
>>44642855

Pretty much every other FMC performs at it's best when it spends most of the battle gliding, with the exception of the two Nid ones which are, from their body plan, literally just organic planes.

Have you ever played against slaanesh flying circus? I have, it has a pathetic damage output if you try to get away with just swooping around whipping and shrieking things.

Dumbass probably could have tabled me if he committed to the ground, but nope, just kinda whizzed them around uselessly as I cleared all his ground troops, settled onto objectives and started making half-hearted pot shots at monsters so obsessed with surviving they refused to try to play the game.
>>
>>44642913
>no flying tervigon spewing out termagants with 90% hitting the ground dead
>>
>>44642913

>Flying Broodlord

Sounds fun. Would work with a Genestealer Cult if they had access to some sort of jump pack cultists or something.
>>
>>44642954
If blood claws get the stat boost regular scouts got would there be any point in fielding SW tacs?
>>
>>44642984
They could make them WS4/BS3. This way they gain cc survivability while lacking the range effectiveness of the Grey Hunters
>>
>>44642960

Tervigons only spawning Termagants kills it for me, they're the least cool of the horde monsters for nids.

If you're only gonna have a 12 inch gun anyhow? MIght as well just fucking take Hormagaunts.

Anyhow flying... Gargoygon? Sounds badass.
>>
>>44642984

Aren't Grey Hunters ancient veterans, hence the "grey" in their name?

You could boost them to WS/BS5.
>>
>>44643040
no, they're just tacticals. the scouts and terms are vets
>>
>>44643040
No, they are the equivalent of the tactical marines. The ancient ones are the Long Fangs (called that way because the Canis Helix makes the SW fangs longer with the age), while the veterans are the Wolf Guard
>>
>>44643040
space marine veterans in general could do with getting some 5's
>>
>>44643040

>WS/BS5 tacticals with bonus close combat weapons for 1 ppm over normal tacs

Fuck you yiff.
>>
Shrouded is 2+ to cover right?
>>
>>44643098
+2, yes
>>
>>44642945
10 avengers with shimmershield.
>>
>>44643098

Yes. It's also stackable.
>>
>>44643066
1st company should really be WS/BS 5 I think. Don't even play muhreens anymore.

>>44643073
Hey, they never said anything about not upping the price to go along with the change. That said they are just regular tacs. Space wolves take a long time to mature.
>>
>>44642834
Gerantis is pretty solid. The only thing he suffers is AV syndrome so expect your GC counterparts to shitstomp you.
>>
>>44641128
Thunderfire cannons can go in drop pods right? Failing that, I think you could re-fluff dreadnoughts.
>>
>>44643133
I feel a 3+ cover Is better than a 4++ based on my playstyle
>>
>>44643161
with stealth, or other sources of +cover, not itself
>>
>>44642913
A unit of nothing but those would be pretty nice...
>>44642955
>Pretty much every other FMC performs at it's best when it spends most of the battle gliding
They kinda have to glide since 7th ed fucked up swooping for CC units and buffed it to shooting ones
>>44643014
>If you're only gonna have a 12 inch gun anyhow? MIght as well just fucking take Hormagaunts.
Higher strength and that's still 12" less footslogging, not to mention that a horde of some in a horde of gaunts may not even get a chance to hit
>>
>>44643236
That's more because you can't have a special rule on a model twice, it's a yes or a no.
You can't be "double shrouded".
>>
>>44643261
>Higher strength and that's still 12" less footslogging, not to mention that a horde of some in a horde of gaunts may not even get a chance to hit

Well, with their run bonus plus fleet for the charge, they're going to be in combat about as early as Terms would get to actually fire.

The big bonus Terms have is a MC who spawns them. Otherwise at least synapsed Hormagaunts can tarpit shit with their fearlessness and even kill a few things through raw attrition.
>>
>>44643231
It's better to have both, as ignores cover AP4 fucks you. Meanwhile TL BS5 doesn't give you much more than plan BS5, 1-2 extra shooting hits aren't as big a deal as your entire unit disappearing to a LR eradicator.
>>
>>44643329

All nid troops are shit.

Termagaunts lack the range for their small arms span to do shit.

Horms can outrun synapse and buying either of the upgrades to make them actually handy make them too costly.

Genestealers are a bit nicer, but hard to not get shot up and don't horde as well.

Rippers? What the fuck use is a slow swarm.

Big Spores? Physically incapable of actually reaching a flyer to use their gimmick, but hey: Cheap.
>>
>>44643435
warriors are okay before all the S8 pie plates start getting thrown around
Thread posts: 444
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.