[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I learned during the past few weeks that manchildren who wank

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1414426777118.jpg (829KB, 1600x1171px) Image search: [Google]
1414426777118.jpg
829KB, 1600x1171px
I learned during the past few weeks that manchildren who wank to grimdark are totally real in this hobby.

I joined an ongoing game. "Mature" and "realistic" fantasy they said. It was Pathfinder. It's not a game I like, but damn, it's the only game I can find.

Well that really meant "At least twice a session, one of the characters gets killed, raped, destroyed in all reputation, or otherwise brutalized. And almost everyone in the world is a selfish scumbag, and those who aren't get brutalized even more." Yeah, they chew through character sheets a lot.

The GM here sincerely says Game of Thrones (the show, he never read the book) is the best fantasy series ever. When I try to talk some sense into this 30 year old manchild about how his GMing style doesn't make a fun game, he literally calls me "childish" or "naive."

The scariest part is, every other player loves this GM's campaign and calls it "mature" and "realistic" too. What the fuck. These aren't, like, teens or anything, they're guys in their late 20s and early 30s.

Why do these people exist?
>>
>>44632992
>almost everyone in the world is a selfish scumbag, and those who aren't get brutalized even more.
>mature
So they're mentally 15 years old?
>>
I mean I play plenty of more mature games, but these guys don't want realistic and mature, they want over the top dark and edgy.
>>
>>44632992

Why are you still with this group?

If everyone else is enjoying this table, there's no reason for them to change.

Why are you talking about this like its some pandemic? This is just a matter of different tastes in games. You've done the most sensible thing and talked to the GM, and that didn't work out the way you wanted, so just leave now. Problem solved.
>>
>>44633092
>Why are you still with this group?
I'm not.
>>
>>44632992
>When I try to talk some sense into this 30 year old manchild about how his GMing style doesn't make a fun game

>The scariest part is, every other player loves this GM's campaign

Hate to tell you this...but you are 'That Guy'.
>>
File: dafuk.jpg (165KB, 810x640px) Image search: [Google]
dafuk.jpg
165KB, 810x640px
>>44633101

So you came to 4chan to vent?

Anon, this is not your close-knit group of gossipy housewives. We don't want to hear you bitch about everyone you take an issue with. Man up and stop letting a group you didn't enjoy bother you so much.
>>
>>44633194
>We don't want to hear you bitch about everyone you take an issue with.
>Saying this on a board where there's no less than four "that guy", "that GM", and "that group" threads a day

the toppest of keks at you. People need to vent to people who will understand what they're talking about and if you don't like it you can (a) click that lovely minus sign, or (b) suck the farts out of my ass. Choose wisely.
>>
>>44632992
People did tend to die a lot in real combat.
>>
>>44632992
Maybe try playing online, anon?
>>
>join an established group
>find out our tastes are different
>don't enjoy the game
>the rest of them do though
>well certainly they're the problem and not me
>tell the GM he's bad and he should feel bad and that he should stop liking what I don't like

How does it feel to be "that guy"?
>>
>>44632992
>they're having fun in a way i don't like.

Don't play with them then anon.

Also, there ARE parts of the world where people won't piss on each other if they're on fire.
>>
File: 1451996630385.png (139KB, 274x800px) Image search: [Google]
1451996630385.png
139KB, 274x800px
>>44632992
People seem to think that realistic or even dark story's needs notable people to die all the time.

When everybody starts dropping like fly's or tortured all the time it's no fun playing or being invested in the story.
>>
>>44632992

These are people who learned "Mature" from products that are explicitly labeled "Mature." If it says "Mature" on the label, it must mean this is what people of class and maturity do, all else is childish and naive.

Seriously, mature doesn't mean excessive gore and rape, though high lethality is a fine way to play in some systems. Truly mature content tends to involve grander ideas than those typically engaged, a deeper plumbing of the depths of the philosophy and the human soul, the nature of man, of the universe, of everything. Truly mature content deals with greater ideas, not more crass content.

As such, what they deem "Mature" is actually perhaps the most childish thing one can indulge in, wanton grimdark edgy gratuity and perversion to satisfy their thirst. But I'm not knocking it. it's entirely fine to delve into any kind of narrative style, the grotesque, the silly, the mundane, etc., but it's not okay to be an asshole and spout some kind of narrative style elitism about how "Mature" and "Realistic" they are for indulging in only the most base elements of edgy medium. That makes them assholes.
>>
>>44633194
>we
Fucking faggot
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.