[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck would Wisdom be important to a Cleric? WHY?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: being a paladin is though work.jpg (218KB, 600x814px) Image search: [Google]
being a paladin is though work.jpg
218KB, 600x814px
Why the fuck would Wisdom be important to a Cleric? WHY?
>>
>>44630649
Understanding the signs given by their god.

We're talking about a game where you can literally walk up to a god if you teleport to the right plane, you know.
>>
Understanding the scriptures and apocrypha of their religion, related religions (Other members of the same pantheon, opposing faiths, and overlapping spheres of influence from otherwise unrelated dieties), and theology in general is a big part of channeling a god's power and making their will manifest in the world. Most of that runs along the same "Mysterious ways" that it does in real theology, which means being wise is better than being intelligent.
>>
>>44630807
But reading books and studying lore is exactly what Int entails!
>>
>>44630649
Reading between the lines in scripture to understand the core moral philosophy being communicated.
>>
>>44630841
INT only gives you a literal understanding of the text. It takes WIS to understand the underlying divine truth behind it.
>>
>>44630649
because you touch yourself at night
>>
>>44630860
That's fucking stupid. What an asinine fucking thing to make two stats out of. Fick Wis. Why not just call it Perception
>>
>>44630860
I think the description I was given was this: INT is knowing how to make a cocktail dress. WIS is knowing not to wear it to a funeral.
>>
>>44630915
Because perception is noticing something, not necessarily understanding it.
>>
Because high INT would be too smart to be religious.
>>
Because knowing is half the battle
>>
File: seriously.jpg (43KB, 514x601px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
43KB, 514x601px
>>44630649
>Why the fuck would Wisdom be important to a Cleric? WHY?

Because Gary Gygax made it up on his own 42 years ago and none of the fuckboys who make D&D have had the balls to change it since.

It's an old crap system where the ability scores are often useless depending on what class you play.

It's like expecting good game design from RIFTS or Synnibar. It is simply a bad game, the kind with useless attributes and game design that was not at all thought out.

These discussions are as pointless as those of alignment; effectively rehashing the intricacies of a game made by a talentless designer and updated by many talentless designers. Expecting it to make sense is just pathetic.
>>
>>44630841
>>44630915

>I don't understand the difference between INT and WIS

Low WIS detected.
>>
>>44631764
shut up faggot, it makes perfect sense to have a score that represents some combination of perception and resolve and call it wisdom. supports no end of fictional archetypes, that does.
>>
>>44631934
>shut up faggot, it makes perfect sense to have a score that represents some combination of perception and resolve and call it wisdom.

Except it doesn't. it is also a useless stat for 75% of the classes.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.