[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Party shenanigans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: You think this party.jpg (37KB, 516x606px) Image search: [Google]
You think this party.jpg
37KB, 516x606px
Post when your players have either done some shitty things in-game or have made you accept that you have to make some major changes to the way the campaign was going to do. Bonus points if the party was happy or excited about how the situation happened.
>>
File: 1422144532117.jpg (1020KB, 2018x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1422144532117.jpg
1020KB, 2018x2048px
>evil wizard asks party to kill a unicorn and bring its horn to him so that he has everything he needs for his world-destroying ritual
>they actually do it, the absolute madmen
>>
We captured and split in half a tribe of orcs. The DM was and still is pissed about it and the game had to really change because we didn't just kill them for revenge like we could have and were supposed to.
>>
>players act like a bunch of sociopathic mercenaries
>get angry at me when the world treats them like a bunch of sociopathic mercenaries
I don't even know what they expected, the guards to NOT defend themselves?

My favorite is when I tell my players something is going to be very dangerous and likely get them killed, and they try to fucking call my bluff. Like I'm just gonna roll over and go "nah, you're PCs, you're invincible". If I say something is fucking dangerous it is FUCKING DANGEROUS.

I'm still mad at my last group over an incident like this.
>>
File: 1451835039637.jpg (33KB, 350x401px) Image search: [Google]
1451835039637.jpg
33KB, 350x401px
I decided to host night shift recently and that game went to shit pretty fast.

The idea was to have a lovecraftian horror lurking under the station which the crew would discover when the took out the trash.

I decided to start off with three leprechauns coming in to buy beer and smokes dressed as a single tall man in a trenchcoat, that's when everything started to come apart:

>Drifter decides to tackle the "man", then attack the fleeing leprechauns.
>Leprechauns hide and lock themselves in various rooms and wreck havoc on the store.
>Players make half-assed attempts to catch them, and spit on a teenager that walks in.

Session is cut short here and we continue later with some new members.

>Drifter and Stock clerk instantly start physically attacking each other over a dispute over how to deal with the leprechauns
>Manager is the only sane person and tries to deal with shit like a rational human being
>Fighting keeps going for the entire shift, they completely ignore any cues of paranormal activity
>Drifter and clerk set fire to the store in an attempt to kill each other
>Store burns down, end of shift.

On the positive side I think I learned a lot about GM'ing.
>>
>>44621543
Sorry m8, I've learned after many years.
>players suck
They'll do stupid shit because they're trying to win at their character without rp. Or they're unmotivated, linear thinkers who need their hands held.

Permutations and exceptions not withstandong.
>>
>>44622097
>Withstandong
Teach me to not sleep for 21 hours at a time.
>>
>>44621521
>We captured and split in half a tribe of orcs. The DM was and still is pissed about it and the game had to really change because we didn't just kill them for revenge like we could have and were supposed to.
...so your party achieved peace in the middle east?
>>
>>44621847
Was the lesson: Players are animals and will ruin everything you put time into and love?
>>
>>44621847
>>Drifter and clerk set fire to the store in an attempt to kill each other
Sounds like your players had fun, even if you didn't.
>>
>>44620315
Many, many sessions ago, our party ran into a silver dragon. This wouldn't have been a problem, is our (originally TN) oracle hadn't turned NE. So after a lot of intense discussion between the party and the dragon, our oracle was taken (voluntarily, if I remember right) by the dragon to be taught the ways of goodness and such. Eventually we get the oracle back, restored to TN, and we carry on with our campaign. Oh, and also we're the rulers of a kingdom and the oracle is our monarch. This happened out in the wilderness and the townsfolk never learned of it, so it wasn't a big deal, but it did set up for big mess later on.

>years later in-game time, we're at war an have captured the general of an opposing army, but he won't talk
>Oracle and Rogue (CN) opt to try torture, which the DM warns will cause an evil alignment shift
>They do it anyway, and both turn evil, and suddenly the oracle's skin turns red and the word EVIL floats over their head in
>Apparently the Oracle didn't think it was worth mentioning to the party the dragon used Mark of Justice and warned the Oracle it would trigger if they went evil again
>Everyone's opinion basically boils down to, "Well fuck, you're on your own.", ain't no one going to stick their neck out when for you when you intentionally omitted information about the mark in the first place
>Random man shows up in the Oracle's chambers within a day, tells the Oracle they don't get a third chance, and resumes his nature draconic form after a long but ineffective attempt by the Oracle to plead their case
>oraclepaste.png
>dragon breaks a wall of the castle as he flies away, now the populace is populace is freaking out

Our Druid reincarnated the Oracle (going from human to gnome, a race the player hates) but the Oracle has to pretend to be a new person so that word doesn't eventually get back to the dragon and make him come back. We recently crowned our Bard the new monarch, and my Magus took his position as grand magistrate.
>>
>>44624101
I actually didn't mind.
They complained that the session had too much fighting.
>>
>>44625515

Spent the entire time fighting themselves and then complained there was to much fighting? Sounds a whole lot like players.
>>
>>44622206
Well I wouldn't really say peace. It's the largest tribe and raiders in the region, but we're still out in the wilds so peace doesn't really exist.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.