[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have significantly younger/older /tg/ siblings or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: d&d baby.jpg (13KB, 236x234px) Image search: [Google]
d&d baby.jpg
13KB, 236x234px
Does anyone have significantly younger/older /tg/ siblings or relatives? How do their games differ from yours?

My early-teens brother has been hosting sessions for his friends and I still can't get over the fact that all of his players scream in mock pain every single time their characters take damage.
>>
>>44618572
>cha 18

Parents projecting. Your mewling slug spawn isn't as cute as you think it is.
>>
>have significantly older brother
>get into Magic as a kid
>he kicks my ass repeatedly because his brain is developed
>learn vocabulary several grades above my own
It worked out well
>>
>>44618572
>baby with 3 of strength

Not in my setting.
>>
>>44618644
3 is as low as a stat can go by raw tho
>>
>>44618602
Congratulations, you got the joke.
>>
They older they get the more contempt I see in their eyes regarding my abnormal hobbies.
>>
>>44618572
I used to play TCGs with my brother when we were younger.
I remember when we got into Yugioh, I built a dragon deck because I thought dragons were fucking cool, then he built a fairy deck and continuously beat the ever loving shit out of me because he actually understood what made a good card and what was total garbage. I used to make fun of him because lolfairies but damn.
>>
>friend has younger sibling who looks at stats over RP.
>gm has to balance encounters against him because he kills half the enemies everytime.
>gets huffy when he gets called a min maxer
>wonders why he never gets asked to join games
>>
>>44620139

How young? Just saying cuz this is the first time I've heard a minmaxer story start with "is a young person", so my reaction this time is "yeah sounds about right" instead of "anger".
>>
>>44618602
>cute
It's entirely possible that the child's force of will is so significant that it is able exert an unspoken control over its parents, leading them to revere it as some sort of mythic creature. In such a case, the stat may be accurate.
>>
>>44618662
-2 str for being small....
>>
>>44621078
I like this guy
>>
>3 dex
>still 6 AC
>>
>>44621078
Given that characters are ignorant to the explicit values of their own statistics, the inverse may also be true. By this, I mean that the parents' interpersonal resilience may be so flimsy that they are entirely incapable of withstanding the charms of their child. Perhaps thinking themselves as exceptional creatures, as most men do, they quantify the corresponding statistic of their child in relation to themselves, convinced that the child is something nearly superhuman. Evidently, all parties involved are more likely to be something a little more sub human.

4 wis is bliss
>>
>>44621142

Size categories, m8
>>
>>44621142
I'm surprised the child isn't benefited from AC bonus from small size.

Evidently, most children are gifted by an Aura of Annoyance, so it's entirely possible that might resolve as combat bonuses for any aggressor. You'll have to talk to the DM about it, though.

Either way, the child is permanently helpless, so the AC is more of an academic point.
>>
>>44621176
Scratch that. The child is most certainly doomed.
>>
>>44618572
Why would I want a baby to like me? It's got a charisma of 0. Maybe a charm of 5.
>>
Anyone who isn't independently wealthy and spawns younglings has wis 9 or less
>>
>>44618572

"Children (newborns to age 11) are handled differently from other characters. They do not have classes or levels. They begin with the same ability score package as ordinaries (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8), but their ability scores are reduced as follows:

–3 Str, –1 Dex, –3 Con, –1 Int, –1 Wis, –1 Cha

Children have 1d4 hit points plus their Constitution modifier (minimum 1 hit point). They have no skills, feats, action points, or occupations. Their base attack bonus is +0, they have a +0 modifier on all saving throws (plus any modifiers for high or low ability scores), and their Reputation bonus is +0. Children have a +0 modifier to Defense and a normal speed of 20 feet. Children have no effective attacks and should be treated as noncombatants.

When a child turns 12, he or she is considered a young adult and takes his or her first level in one of the six basic classes. At that point, the character becomes an ordinary (or hero, in some cases)."

So the parents are implying that when this blob grows up he'll have str 6, dex 6, con 7, int 7, wis 4 and char 19. Seems legit.
>>
>>44624636
If people who weren't independently wealthy stopped spawning younglings, the human race would die out in three generations.

The vast majority of us don't live off interest.
>>
My Dad's the one who got me into DnD, now my dad is first gen of AD&D back in the 70's and is classic make a character crawl in a dungeon and have some other non combat encounters, the idea of an overarching narrative seems entirely ridiculous to him, and doesnt get why I spend so much time flushing out my own stories and worlds.

Tl;dr My dad love dungeon crawls with little narrative, I run story driven games.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.