[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nechronica: The Long Long Sequel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 309
Thread images: 51

File: Book Cover.jpg (109KB, 300x423px) Image search: [Google]
Book Cover.jpg
109KB, 300x423px
What is Nechronica? It's a Japanese RPG where the players are undead little girls in a world that somehow went to hell. To help them survive, they have either guns, cybernetic enhancements, or horrendous mutations. They also have the emotion bonds with their sisters, the other player characters, which will be strained to the point where self-mutilation and other such things become common.

Instead of health points, characters get parts blown off their body in combat, gradually wearing them down till they're a leg, or a gun or just a mouth. Combined with a timing system that makes heavy use of counter play, it offers a unique combat system that would be hard to replicate in other settings.

>The Wiki which was updated some in December and dies on occasion

http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Nechronica

>Text-based templates
>Character template
http://pastebin.com/zuxghk7A

>Savant Templates
http://pastebin.com/R6hgQdxk

>Horror Template
http://pastebin.com/Qf9cuTBb
>>
File: nechronica.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
nechronica.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Here's the much out of date pdf
>>
File: Nechronica Battle Map.png (638KB, 1018x1476px) Image search: [Google]
Nechronica Battle Map.png
638KB, 1018x1476px
And the battle map.
>>
As well as a .pdf version of the character sheet.
>>
File: ed358447a37914c52023eedab6b92531.jpg (577KB, 1052x744px) Image search: [Google]
ed358447a37914c52023eedab6b92531.jpg
577KB, 1052x744px
Have an enemy that showed up in a fun session last night.

Brainbores

AP 9

Entrails x2
Brains
Eye
Boost
Support 1
Leap Range 0-1 Unarmed attack 1 Move self into same space as target AP 3, grants +1 to the check. Counts as successful even if damage is blocked
Grasp Unarmed Attack 1 AP 2, Attack is considered successful for scrambler even if the attack is damage is negated.
Scrambler Spirit Attack 1 AP 2 Rapid Can only be used after landing a successful leap or grasp attack. Gains the Chain 2 quality if hitting the head.

Dead on Target
Suicidal- Damage one part to add +1 to any check, this may be used as much per check and on as many checks as desired, until destroyed.

It punctured the skulls of two people and applied liberal amounts of unpleasantness. So for those of you in or running games, how has your games been going?
>>
I was actually waiting for us to finish this adventure but since this is as good a time as ever I'll post what has happened so far. I hosted a game at a new year's event and though we only managed to play 2/3 of the adventure we had a lot of fun. We'll play the rest whenever most of us are gathered again.

The PCs are
Eda, a hopeful Holic Romanesquex2 who has leg lasers
Bettan 17 yrs old, an unexpected Sorority who's Gothicx2 who's favorite way to start a sentence was 'Hello I'm Bettan 17 yrs old and...'
Abe Shinzou, a girl who shut down her feelings and is a great fighter with Stacy and Thanatos
Nozomi who liked to jump straight into the action and stagger the enemies with an 'Even Unto Tartarus', Spine and Ball&Chain combo that probably shouldn't work
And RN who is best described as herself because she's special (Junk, Requiem, Baroque combined with ingenious yet implausible thinking).

Everything starts of with the PCs being in a big circular arena with several gates. Monitors adorned the walls that kept displaying the phrase 'Project MARIA' They have been there for who knows how long and hostile creatures keep coming in through gates that shut close whenever any of them are too close to it. Sure the monsters and zombies and robots don't come at all times but it's often enough to make a normal person sleep deprived.
One day when 20 something spiderbots were crawling through one of the gates the gate didn't close behind the robots. An announcement was made though loudspeakers by a voice other than the usual robotic voice. It said that a gate had malfunctioned and had to be repaired before the test subjects could escape. Before they had the time to act a group of soldiers and a small repair crew had gathered in front of the door. Though they didn't look far too differently from the PCs they shouted at them to stay away from the gate. The PCs took their chance at escape and slaughtered them all with relative ease.

Cont. 1/3? This took longer than I thought to type.
>>
>>44611399

Keep going, it's nice to see the different approaches to settings that people get up to.
>>
>>44611399
Yet another announcement was made through the cheap loudspeakers and they learned that

>MARIA will be mad if this repair isn't finished soon
>I, S-16, am responsible for the management of the test subjects today
>If you don't fix this quickly I won't become employee of the month again
>If I don't become employee of the month again you're all going to suffer

The PCs decided to not be bothered by this message and instead casually walk out of the arena.

As they walked through their first corridor of many a small piece of paper fell out of a nearby ventilation shaft. The message read 'Dont go too MARIA or too the Riaktor go thrugh the cafeterea and take the elevetor
- A frend'

Not shortly after that a new announcement was made by what might have been a prerecorded voice.

>Don't forget that camaraderie is built upon teamwork. So follow your orders and do as your superior says. This has been a message from MARIA.

They followed the signs placed throughout the corridors until they made their way to the cafeteria. Two figures similar to those of the repair crew fled the cafeteria as the PCs entered the room, dropping whatever they were holding. The PCs searched the cafeteria for food but found nothing but what seemed to be reports and quizzes. Bored of the cafeteria they headed for the elevator. On the way to S-16 made another announcement.

>S-16 here again. It seems like the test subjects have escaped. I want you to lock down Sector 3.
>I want you to make sure that no one comes in or out. Make sure that they don't get their hands on a keycard of grade red or above
>Everyone is allowed to enter Sector 3 for the purpose of detaining the test subjects.
>Don't forget what MARIA said! Don't be useless and catch those subjects! S-16 out.

Cont. 2/3 seems pretty probable now.
>>
>>44611546
I think it's nice to see any story using this system as they are so rare.

I'd also say that I as a GM have a hard time not adding a mix of humor in anything I play. Though that might als obe due to the players. I also really like the combination of humor and pretty much everything sucking.
>>
>I'd also say that I as a GM have a hard time not adding a mix of humor in anything I play.

Yeah, it can be a challenge, especially when, on your end, you label the enemies as "Fat fucks" with the skill "So fat."

One of the more useful things to deal with it has been to take that hilarious idea and run with it or scale it back till it gets back to horrifying. The most important thing is really to save it for when it's appropriate.
>>
>>44611953

When they reached the elevator they saw that there was a crowd of soldiers and a few sturdier soldiers with armor plating and katanas waiting there.
They made short work of them. After the battle they realized that the elevator had been put in a lock down. After arguing for 15 minutes they decided to not blow up the elevator doors and climb but instead search for the office of any important person that might have a keycard with good enough grade to unlock the elevator. So they follow the signs labeled 'HEAD OFFICE'.

On their way they catch glimpses of people fleeing in panic from their certain death. At one point they decide to catch one of them and see if they can gain any information. They catch a researcher named B-5573. They threaten her until she reveals that there should be a keycard in S-16's office. And with that another announcement is made. It was an announcement by S-16 denouncing snitches and describing some of the bad stuff that might happen to people who do snitch. That shut B-5573 right up. Until RN ripped her arm off. Then she screamed.

They didn't manage to get more information from her but they let her live.

After some more time they reached the office and found it full of soldiers. A few of them, or maybe it was only one of them, had armor plating and dangerous weapons. The PCs and the soldiers were at a stand still. Both threatened each other but no one actually made a move. It wasn't until S-16 made an announcement that she would force upgrade some of the troops that the action began. Slowly 3 or 4 or the weak soldiers collapsed seemingly on their own one by one and later rose as more capable soldiers.

Even with this the soldiers didn't stand a chance. They pretty much died like flies.

3/3

The part that we never got to was the final confrontation with S-16. After that I'd be done. I won't write my plans for her because I know that at least one of my players might be reading this.
>>
>>44612451

Would you be willing to show some of the stats for enemies you actually threw at the players? Were you intending for them to die that easy?
>>
>>44612520
They weren't meant to be hard and I might have exaggerated a bit. I think that they lost a bunch of parts in the first and second fight.

In the first fight I think there were 30 spiderbots which were statted as the usual zombies, 20 cyborg soldiers who were statted as usual soldiers, and 2 or 3 better soldiers that were savants with the Cyborg, Armor Plating, Machinegun, and Katana parts.

In the second fight which was supposed to be easy there were 20 something soldiers and 2 better soldiers.

In the third fight there were about 30 soldiers and up to 5 better soldiers.

I think that the biggest factor for it all was that I allowed Nozomi's combo.

So the combo is like this:
With 'Even Unto Tartarus' every action made within Tartarus is 1 AP cheaper. What Nozomi did was that she used it so that she could use her Spine for free. This decreased the AP cost next count by a total of 2 AP. Most tier 1 attacks cost 2 AP to use. Now add the fact that Nozomi's main weapon had the Stagger effect.

If Nozomi hadn't been there the fights would have been a whole lot tougher. This combo will not be used outside of this adventure either. Because it uses up a heck of a lot of time to execute and it makes it easy to defeat enemies if they are few. The main reason for why I allowed this was because S-16 has ways of countering this and I wanted to see the players' faces when I showed them S-16's battle prowess.
>>
>>44612751

>That Combo
Would immediately ban/10

In our game we have a few house rules/restrictions.

>No psychadelic
>No meatsnake/horn
>Spirit Attacks can only be affected by things explicitly made to do so (This applies to both enemies and player hinders/supports)
>AT Rifle automatically ignores 1 point of defend

So far, everyone's been cool with them and is having fun with it.
>>
>>44612979
That combo is not allowed outside of that one adventure. That's something I decided almost immediately.

>Psychadelic

I haven't even mentioned that Psychadelic is a thing to my group and I think it's better that way.

How come Meatsnake and Horn are banned? Or is it the combination of both that is banned?
>>
>>44613181

Meatsnake is pretty damn strong on its own. You get Unarmed 2 + Chain 2. And since it's unarmed, you get it on your arms with a gauntlet so it becomes Unarmed 3 + Chain 2, then you get Super Strength to make it Unarmed 4 + Chain 2. Congratulations, you now are doing 12 damage for 3 AP with the ability to re-roll a miss. That's absurd as it is. Throw in horn and every crit in that attack jamboree adds another Unarmed 4 hit.

Compare it to Flesh Whip which is Unarmed 2 + Chain 1, same AP, same range, same tier and same category.
>>
>>44615035

Whoops, forgot Meatsnake was range 0, not range 0-1. Which is just as well for that combo because horn only works on range 0 anyway.
>>
Bumpin'.
>>
>>44612979
Hi, "at least one of my players" here. Dump of thouhts here:

I want to add that the starting assumption of the combo was that if you can get a Spine to cost 0 AP then you would get a second count at the same AP and that spine would take effect on that count and since it would be a separate count it would allow a second action, which allowed for the use of a staggering 1AP-attack on the same count.
I think during the second part of the adventure they were told that Spine would only affect the next AP step which meant they would keep track of which AP level they used a spine at last since it would be required for them to get a cheaper action the next count. So still basically the same nonsense since it still assumes you can get two actions on the same count assuming one of them costs 0 AP.
The player was explicitly trying to powergame and repeatedly bragged about having broken the system.

Oh and yeah, RN's basically a very effective idiot. I've never roleplayed an idiot before but Nechronica seemed to be a pretty humor-friendly system and I'm having way too much fun with it now.
RN's and Abe's exploration of the nature and function of doors needs to be properly summarized in writing sometime.

I am definitely looking forward to finding out what exactly the GM's counter for the combo was supposed to be but then I am looking more forward to our big campaign starting in proper.
Saturday hype.

(Not going to look up psychadelic btw. I like it when GMs curate the system a bit.)
>>
>>44618732
>The player was explicitly trying to powergame and repeatedly bragged about having broken the system.

It's so easy to break this system if you really want to (Or sometimes accidentally), that it's kinda sad to brag about it. The system is great, but whether due to poor translations or poor balancing, it needs GMs to curb the more exploitable holes in the system. Like that one? Simple house rule, Even Unto Tartarus only affects 1 action per count. Giving enemies a skill or part that negates stagger can also help, since the enemy specific parts/skills haven't been translated, it's up to the GM to figure shit.

>Nechronica seemed to be a pretty humor-friendly system

It's a thin line between humor and horror, a good number of things you can run with seem hilarious until you actually stop to think about them. Still plenty of opportunity for hilarity with using your own entrails as a rope. Or laughing as your players fail their madness checks and start flailing chainsaws at each other.

>RN's and Abe's exploration of the nature and function of doors needs to be properly summarized in writing sometime.

Do it now then.
>>
>>44619438
It all started with a prison cell and superhuman strength...

Actually I'm at work. GM'll have to do it. I'm sure GM totally does not have too much stuff to do or write already. Totally.
>>
Are you guys saying Psychedelic is actually overpowered somehow?
>>
>>44621502
Not necessarily overpowered, it's more like high risk high reward. It's very hit and miss and uses a different playstyle than the other classes.
>>
>>44621591
I did gather that much. Why is this a bad thing? Higher turnover?
>>
>>44621604
I don't think it's a bad thing, just that it's not something that my group needs. It's also easier to not include it. I think that introducing the class is something that I'm going to do when the players and I have more experience with the system. Or when the plot would easily allow it.
>>
>>44620784
Alright then.

RN, Abe, and Shalaska wake up in a dungeon. They are all locked up in their own cells.
Shalaska shoots her Machinegun until there's not much left of the door, Abe uses her Katana to turn the lock mechanism, and RN uses her Claws and 'Super Strength' to tear open the door.
Later on they encounter another door which RN tears away from it's frame. Then they tear open another dungeon cell door. Then they have a whole lot of trouble when they encounter a slide door because its not as easy to just tear it away. Then they attempt to open a door the normal way but RN ends up breaking the handle. They put the handle back into the door and remove the door from the area.

Now they think that they're getting the hang of doors. So they break down another one and start 'making doors' in walls and ceilings. They argue that anything that's connected to a floor and allows passage from one room to another is a door. Then they encounter a door that breaks their AT Rifles when they try to open it. They decide to try the handle but to no avail. The door won't budge. When they return to the door later on it has been unlocked.

That must mean that someone has a key, right?!

They end up at a great gate with a huge lock. This must mean that there's a key lying around here somewhere so they keep an eye out for that. They encounter the master of the castle. A figure wearing a golden crown on her head and a big golden key hanging on her belt. They start arguing with this fellow about what counts as a key and what doesn't count as a key. Since RN's Claws can open locked doors that must mean that RN's Claws are keys, right? The same goes for a good gun, a good melee weapon, and a good key. .

I think that this is when they realize that a key can't open every single door and that they need to use the right key to open a door. A fight breaks loose and the victors are the PCs.The master of the castle did manage to escape though, one golden crown and one golden key poorer.
>>
>>44621766
I can also add that the gate with the huge lock had been described as huge. So naturally when they went about opening it with the key they all stacked up on eachothers shoulders and passed the key up to the top person to use it.

... After which they realized the lock was down by the person at the bottom. Naturally. Because why would the lock be high up in the air? That's dumb.
... So they passed the key down to RN who opened it, with everyone else stacked on her shoulders.

She now thinks this is a necessary ritual for whenever you use a key to open a door.
>>
There is something about roleplaying as a dumb kid / teen...

Maybe I enjoy it a little too much.

Anyway, is it just me or does the game look like it can be refluffed into a mech game or something like that? Or maybe something more along the lines of "bio-suits".
>>
>>44622959
The part damage system could work for mech style combat but at the same time the fact that it's you who's being torn apart like that and keeping on going like it's nothing is part of what makes the game what it is- It wouldn't really be the same if you could just climb out of the mech after and be completely fine- the bits where it's your arm being torn off, you feeling the pain, and all the effects it has on your sanity -"I liked that arm" etc- is part of what makes the game what it is.
>>
>>44623528
I suppose a bio-suit that damages the user as well would be more fitting then, maybe keeping madness or at least renaming it to morale or something.
>>
>>44621591

We're going to have to disagree a bit
there. Having two skills that actually lets the player choose what parts on an enemy they break fucks with what the GM can do as far as enemy design, and Pawn's Gambit can be used to shut down melee-centric enemies. It pretty much requires the GM to stick Anticipate, Voracity, and/or Delight in Corruption on any big things you don't want getting effortlessly shut down. The ways the GM can counter it feel way too much like "No, you don't get to matter or have fun."

Personally? Probably going to have either tweaked psychedelic skill show up in our campaign to be obtained or maybe temporary parts for them or something.

>>44621766
Did none of them actually know how doors work?
>>
>>44623953
>Psychadelic
I don't mind the players choosing parts but I totally agree on Pawn's Gambit

>Doors
During the first two sessions they never opened a single door normally. They only destroyed them. One of the players then jokingly stated that his character probably doesn't know how to open doors. When they then encountered the locked door their weapons broke before they could destroy the door so they decided to make an attempt at opening it normally. Since it was locked that didn't go very well and we can assume that the PCs thought that they did something wrong.

Then when they talked with the master of the castle it was made obvious that at least one of the PCs don't know how doors work. RN was pretty much the only one who actually interacted with doors so I don't know about the other PCs.
>>
>>44623953
I think Shalaska might've known but RN and Abe were too busy trying to figure them out to pay attention. That or Shalaska just enjoyed seeing it play out.

A basic premise of RN is that she lost various pieces of knowledge together with any memories of past lives she might've had. So she very selectively doesn't know how basic things work or what they are.

The starting joke was just that RN maybe tore that jail cell open because she doesn't actually know how else she would've done it (which came up when we encountered our first regular door.) Abe joined in and we ran with it.
>>
>>44624149

None of our PCs appear to be quite that dumb, however they do show a remarkable ability to make poor decisions. At least one of which resulted in a lot of screaming and vomiting.
>>
What is this fetish the setting?
Seems interesting thought.
>>
>>44626633

It's only as lewd as you make it. If you want to make it fetishy, well, that's your decision.
>>
>>44626674
It's just that lolis, guro and suffering of others are my fetishes.
>>
>>44626736

The first two are your problem. The third is a requirement for running this game.
>>
>>44610244
Can the combat system be scavenged from the setting? I have no interest in combat lolis, but the system itself sounds fun.
>>
File: NC_TRY3_197.png (678KB, 1021x739px) Image search: [Google]
NC_TRY3_197.png
678KB, 1021x739px
>>44627838
Sort of. You'd pretty much still have to be guro zombies or you'd have to rework the HP/damage system entirely. The way taking damage works is body parts being blasted to unworkable levels. And health regeneration is usually salvaging the gory wreck of your defeated foes and welding them back on yourself.

You don't have to be lolis strictly speaking. But as it lays, you pretty much have to be an undying nightmare that is barely held together.
>>
>>44627838

Just ignore the part that says characters have to be girls and under the age of 18.

You will lose some of the thematic stuff at play (innocence lost and how all this terrible is happening to children), but the system falls apart if you try to make it about something other then undead things that require being annihilated to stop (and even then can still be salvaged).
>>
>>44627897
>>44627983
Undead is fine. Loli are unfortunately a bit too magical realm for me.
>>
>>44627897
Any more images or information about Nechronica, this sounds so interesting.
>>
File: Cute Abominations the Game.jpg (243KB, 766x620px) Image search: [Google]
Cute Abominations the Game.jpg
243KB, 766x620px
>>44628033

>Loli are unfortunately a bit too magical realm for me.
It's only magical realm if you or someone else makes it so. Having played in 2 games and ran 1, there was very little, if any, "magical realm" going on. Unless having children at all makes it magical realm, in which case, well that's fine. It's a point that comes up in every topic about this game to which the only real response can be, "It'll only become a game of undead lesbians if you let it."

>>44628056

Got some images, but as for information, what are you hoping to see?
>>
>>44628182
Anything from it.
What could go wrong with lolis and all the other nice stuff the setting has.
>>
File: Proof you're doing it right.png (16KB, 923x800px) Image search: [Google]
Proof you're doing it right.png
16KB, 923x800px
>>44628213

>What could go wrong with lolis and all the other nice stuff the setting has.

Picture potentially related.
>>
File: NC_p76_Baroque.jpg (122KB, 617x864px) Image search: [Google]
NC_p76_Baroque.jpg
122KB, 617x864px
>>44628213
Keeping a human physique is rather optional. Nearly every character will probably have a mutation or two.
Or very many.
>>
>>44627838
After that previous mention of mechs I've been inspired to reskin this for use as a proper ship combat system for an Edge of the Empire-based RP. Becuase that system has shit combat and this system has awesome combat.

Mechs probably would work pretty well with it too. Anything that has parts that're used directly to take actions and can have those parts reparied or replaced could easily be swapped out for the lolis.
>>
>>44628213

A viable tactic for combating madness is to have someone stand a few steps back and hose their allies down with a machine gun.
>>
>>44628253
>Other stuff:
>Flashlight
>Trauma

I lol'd.
>>
Is there another PDF of this then presumably >>44610301
this out of date one, also any more pics?
>>
File: 38499225.jpg (565KB, 850x756px) Image search: [Google]
38499225.jpg
565KB, 850x756px
>>44628923

The wiki linked in the OP is the most up to date thing you'll find.

As for art, there's plenty. Anything that's a twisted mockery of the human form can work as character art.
>>
>>44628923

For images there's a tag on the boorus. Just search nagai_gojitsudan_no_nechronica and you'll find a bunch of fanart and some official.
>>
File: 1762838.png (201KB, 600x650px) Image search: [Google]
1762838.png
201KB, 600x650px
Can I be a cyber-shota?
>>
>>44629065

And just to throw another pic up here and to make people realize you can do something other then "little girl."
>>
>>44629245
As long as you're willing to bend the setting a little.
>>
>>44629245
Everyone being a little girl is just the default. The Necromancer (i.e. GM) makes what the Necromancer wants.
>>
>>44629245

RAW? Not really, it says even boys must look like girls. Personally haven't run into any GM who is opposed to letting someone be a boy. Haven't run into anyone who actually made a boy either.

>>44629269
The actually bits of the setting that have been translated are pretty much non-existent except for "You have to be a girl" and "Necromancers are dicks." So it's not like it matters all that much.
>>
File: 8a808859c7ac11f1a462c9f3374e03b4.jpg (776KB, 1172x877px) Image search: [Google]
8a808859c7ac11f1a462c9f3374e03b4.jpg
776KB, 1172x877px
>>44629262
I love Hetza's art so here's some more.

>>44629330
Then there's the mutation that isn't often mentioned and often changed by the GMs.
>>
>>44629296
>>44629245
>etc

The creator, Kamiya, made the "requirement" to be little girls because he wanted the focus to be on emotional connections, rather than dudebros joyously killing zombies with chainsaw hands. It's a little sexist in weird ways, but I feel so long as you keep the focus on interpersonal connections and relying on each other in order to get through nightmareish hellscapes, you can do whatever the heck you want with characters. Male, female, older, younger, it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>44629245
>>44629269
>>44629330
There's a mutation upgrade called "Boy." What it means exactly is a mystery, but you can certainly make arguments that it allows males this way.
>>
>>44629365

>Then there's the mutation that isn't often mentioned and often changed by the GMs.

We don't talk about how you can staple a dick to your forehead to get a +1 to conversation checks for a reason.

>>44629377
Honestly, a statement like this should be kept on hand and saved as a copy-paste just so we have it on hand for this inevitable issue.
>>
>>44629065
Oh hey, it's the Gaping dragon.
>>
>>44629401
>staple a dick to your forehead
That's not how it really works, is it?
>>
>>44631092

It is entirely up to the player/GM how to treat parts, however, logically, the "Boy" part must be something that can be attached/removed in combat.
>>
>>44631226
Does this really apply to mutations?
>Albino
>Skinny
>Chameleon
>>
Isn't it Servant, not Savant?
>>
>>44615035

Agreed. I had to rule that damage-adders don't apply to chain attacks to prevent this sort of degeneracy in my game.
>>
>>44631226
A destroyed part can easily be represented by the benefits being negated by damage. For example, if the character no longer looks like a boy because he's been heavily mangled.
>>
>>44631723

1+3 could be too gore-splattered to work realistically, 2, well... I donno. Your chest is blown open to the point where it's wider than it used to be?
>>
>>44631723

>Albino
Bucket of white paint you throw into the enemy's eyes to hinder them.
>Skinny
They destroy your low fat meals
>Chameleon
Your fancy camouflage shirt is ruined.

These are jokes, in case you haven't figured that out.

>>44632002
Yeah we have a similar rule in our game, it helps keep things a bit less absurd.
>>
>>44610301
Out of date? Alright, I'll get to updating it.
While I'm doing that, anyone have suggestions or advice for alterations to be made?
It was quickly made on my part, after all.
>>
>>44632636

Are you actually translating stuff or just updating it with stuff already on the wiki?
>>
>>44632659
I've been meaning to buy the books to scan so /tg/ can have fun with them, but money and logistics are a pain.
I'm going to update the PDF with the mentioned new wiki content, along with anything else people would like to see added to it.
I know it's not much, but an up to date PDF helps.
>>
>>44632763

The wiki should have it listed towards the bottom what stuff from the splat book's been added.

Another possible thing might be a bit more stuff for GM's. Possible house rules, known problems with the system, that sorta thing.
>>
>>44632963
I've sadly been away from /tg/, so I don't know what house rules or found issues there are.
Which is why I would like input from people who have had time to actually use the PDF.

Considering the PDF is as much for offline resource as gaining attention on /tg/, should I add the official cover to the PDF?
>>
Is there an original japanese pdf of this anywhere?
>>
>>44633137

Yeah, the official cover art is nice and eye catching.

Haven't had time to use the PDF, but if you'd like issues that come up from using the rules on the wiki, there's enough of that. As far as being on /tg/ it's not like we have these topics very often.
>>
>>44633172
There is currently not, nor is it officially available outside of Japan.

>>44633177
I've seen the PDF linked very frequently in all sorts of threads.
If you could list those issues and/or house rules, it would be very nice. I don't currently have time to find and read the old Necronica threads and work on the PDF.
>>
How does one search for this game on roll20?
>>
>>44633289

These are more from personal experience, but

>Make everything that reduces AP, except Impulse, have the lowest they can drop AP to 1. This can help prevent multiple exploits that may allow people to get infinite attacks. On that note, don't let anything reduce the cost of Spine or Foresight.

>Parts/skill that increase damage, like Gauntlet or Super Strength, do not apply to chain attacks. This stops parts with chain attack from spiraling out of control. Without this rule, you get parts that go from doing 2 damage per AP spent to 4-5 with the right set-ups.

Personal house rule
>AT Rifle ignores 1 point of defend.

The AT rifle's range advantage isn't as big of an edge as it seems since it's usually going to be used just by requiems who have a good chance of packin' magic bullet anyway. It also has the downsides of the huge upfront cost of it combined with the relatively low Damage per AP for a tier 3 part. Some people have said its point is to beat things that stack defend, but it isn't beating Rocket Launcher in damage until 4 defends are used, leaving the damage at 1 vs 0.

There's some more but can't recall them right this second.

>>44633362
The chances of you finding one are pretty non-existent.
>>
>>44633495

Oh right, for the AP reduction thing, "One's Many Charms" is also exempted from that. That skill should really only apply to the Foot and Arms (effectively making them free), not everything in the Arms and Legs location.
>>
Adding a lot more artwork (more than zero is a lot, right?), changing a good amount of formatting, spellcheck is pointing out a lot of typos the wiki had. Yes I decided to make the update effectively from scratch.
This version is going to be a lot better than the last.
>>
>>44633362
Under other games.
>>
>>44633647

Oh, also a caveat about how GM's really do need to create custom parts. In the game right now, there are no parts or skills to negate or reduce the effects of stagger. It may be that the designers never intended for stagger to be countered, or it could just be because enemy-exclusive things haven't been translated. You're not going to find anything for negating stagger for players because the GM isn't supposed to be using stagger on players.
>>
The GM informs you that the only command the Necromancer ever gave your characters was "Never lose hope," and that otherwise it left you with unfettered free will. Wat do?
>>
>>44636225
Lose hope
>>
How do you roleplay the necromancer?
>>
Current progress.
Yes I put a giant watermark on it, because I don't want an incomplete copy being handed around like it's finished.
Now I must sleep.
>>
File: Philemon.jpg (17KB, 264x296px) Image search: [Google]
Philemon.jpg
17KB, 264x296px
>>44636292
Maybe Philemon and Nyarlathotep?
>>
>>44636292

It depends entirely on how you want to run things. If you mean specifically the "The GM is a necromancer in the world" thing? Even that is up to you.

Seen the necromancer who made the players done a number of ways:
>The necromancer who made the players' dolls is completely unknown. They might not have even awoken together

>The Necromancer is known, but doesn't directly interact with the players. Only issues orders through proxies and subordinates.

>Directly interact with the necromancer. In one game, the necromancer was basically a child who split into a "nice" and "mean" version of themselves. They made very poor decisions. Most of us being children with no tactical skills, did what they said anyway.

As for any other necromancers? That's even more out there.

>Literally a fucking train that shot missiles and had a mouth.
>A miniature sun
>Some dude that just so happened to be able to do necromancy

It all depends on how out there you want to be with it.
>>
>>44636225

Can we ask them for their phone number so we can call on holidays?
>>
>>44636530
>all three of those necromancers
Wander, is that you? Because I'm the only other one who was in all three of those games. Unless someone from the second party in your campaign shared a game with you that involved "just a dude who can necromance".
>>
>>44633495
Don't forget to cap the number that the Horn can get a part's Chain Attack up to. Even with no damage boosts on chain attacks, a hornsnaker can get up around five or six hits (10 or 12 damage with no damage-up parts) in a single 3 AP swing with sufficient luck and non-AP-using Support effects. Which there are actually a surprising number of.

Oh, also ban Pawn's Gambit (or limit it to one use per round of combat) because it makes "one enemy left" and "zero enemies left" damn near the same state unless the one enemy is immune to AP reduction thanks to custom parts/skills. The user can just juggle an enemy in and out of 0 range endlessly and make them never have a turn again.
>>
>>44636530
I was in a game where the Necromancer was not only the GM, but also the Narrator. It was fun.
>>
>>44637280
From its name, it sounds like Pawn's Gambit was intended to move allies and not enemies.
>>
>>44639488
That's actually quite reasonable. I think I'll make some changes to my house rules.
>>
File: 1422313417450.jpg (52KB, 348x464px) Image search: [Google]
1422313417450.jpg
52KB, 348x464px
>>44636360
Since no one has said it yet thank you.
>>
>>44631815
Considering jap pronunciation I wouldn't doubt it. Makes more sense, even, if they, fluffwise, are always supposed to be under control of the negromancer. If that's just the name for "other" girls then I guess savant is more appropriate. Who knows.
>>
Yeah, it's really good that there is someone who's translating it as I do like the look of the game
>>
>>44639488

Seems doubtful, because in that case it's really shit for it since it cost your ally 2 AP as well. The only situation where it'd be really useful for it is when someone's so badly mauled they can't move on their own.

Making it a rapid is probably a better way to keep it more useful.

>>44640642

There was another person who was doing some translating work, though last they were heard from was a month ago.

>>44636360

Lookin' good so far.
>>
Hi guise,

I don't really into aRpeeGees, but I would like to.
This one, and engine heart i kinda like.

I would like to run a simple system, for my kids.

What doesn't bother me is adapting the setting, I know where I can go, be it engine heart or nechronica.

However; storylines ?
How / where do you find adventures?

Do you just put your PCs in a "place" and let them do whatever they want?

using spine for free attack combos and breaking open doors is fine and dandy, but it seems kinda sterile when there is no objective?

plz halp brokan dols
>>
>>44642222

It's simple, the real objective is always to get ice cream.
>>
>>44642282
I hear that the Necromancer has a whole stockpile of ice cream that she's not sharing.
>>
>>44610244
has anyone accused you of being a pedophile yet? everytime i ask for advice on playing a little girl character in a /tg/ game, the thread quickly gets hijacked by people screaming "PEDOPHILE!" and then a mod rages and deletes it for being "off topic".
>>
>>44642282
>>44642307
What? as simple as that?
zombie mutant children want ice cream?

Just what do the PCs know about themselves? are they self conscious?
Do they know they are dead? do they know they were something else before being dead?

The setting can't be too far in the future, because organic matter rots when it's dead.
Unless of course
1) the "necromancer" has spawning vats, in which case why spawn dead bodies?
2) Or all bacteria have been removed from earth
3) Or it's magic i don't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>44642316

This really feels like you're trolling, but let's give you a mildly serious answer. The answer is no.

1: Don't call them "lolis." Regardless of your intent in using the word, the people most likely to scream pedophile are only going to scream louder.

2: Don't be super dead set on it.

3: Keep it to where it is appropriate.
>>
>>44642378
The story and adventure is up to the Necromancer. The objective is ice cream if the Necromancer says so.

>Rotting flesh
I believe it might be a combination of the first and third. Though there is still rot the dolls probably are somewhat resistant to rot. The Necromancers are enigmatic and can't be trusted.
>>
>>44642378

Let's take these in order.

The PCs start with two "memory fragments" of their life before death. The PCs are self conscious. They know they are dead, if they don't they'll usually figure something is up when their entrails get blown across the room.

As for the future thing.
Many go with 3, though you usually don't know, at least at the start, how far in the future it is.

You can justify 1 in saying that they can only spawn stuff that's pretty much dead, useful for spare parts but it lacks that special something that lets them make actual life.
>>
>>44642393
the people trolling are the ones who scream pedo
>>
>>44642432
We don't know much about the setting because it's japanese, and or because it doesn't actually say an awful lot in the actual "rulebook" ?

Let's admit that the kids are going for ice cream.
is there a preferred setting? city, castle, dungeon, fields, woods, graveyard?
How far into future do you put your games? are there is it like a terminator future apocalypse, except that everyone is dead ans there is no skynet?

Or is it like adventure time, except that finn and jake are "dolls"

btw do dolls feel pain?
>>
>>44642468
i forgot things.

btw thanks for the info so far.

So let's admit, the dolls go find ice cream. I hope they realize what ice cream is and they aren't eating something else.
can they even eat if they have no entrails?

OK, so they find ice cream and eat it.
Then what?
Does the necromancer always gove them things to do?
Do they have objectives of their own?
>>
File: cohle cmon.png (670KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cohle cmon.png
670KB, 1280x720px
>>44642222
>This one, and engine heart i kinda like.
>I would like to run a simple system, for my kids.

>nechronica
>>>>for my kids
>>
>>44642468
The setting as far as I've understood it from the replay and the scenarios is set in a future were pretty much all life is dead. Though there are still aberrations and undead walking the earth.
Most things with intelligence has gone mad and would often attack on sight.

Though if you'd like you could just make it like Adventure Time.

>Pain
I'd guess that they feel pain. When I play they feel pain.

>>44642482
The Necromancers seem to be fickle beings. They might have some plan they're following or might just be doing whatever they want. The Necromancer does almost always give the dolls subtle orders in the form of 'Karma' which is described on the wiki. So if the dolls find the ice cream the Necromancer might give them a new task. Maybe there was some importance in them finding the ice cream. Maybe the Necromancer just wanted to see them struggle to find ice cream.

>Eating ice cream without entrails.
They can eat it. They don't digest it though.
>>
>>44642468

>Preferred setting?

We've had the desert sands, ruined cities, Siberia, and other locations it's really up to what the GM wants to do.

>How far
It's really up to you. The standard assumption is that people no longer walk the earth, but you don't even have to do that one, if there you want.

>Like Adventure Time
You can roll it that way.

>Do dolls feel pain?
Once again, up to you. Personally like to roll it as the more sane dolls feel pain. If they don't they're probably unhinged, mentally.

>So let's admit, the dolls go find ice cream. I hope they realize what ice cream is and they aren't eating something else.

That's part of the fun. In one game, our party argued over what Twinkies were and concluded that they grew on trees.

>can they even eat if they have no entrails?
If they have a mouth, they can eat. The gothic class is all about cannibalism and they can eat things still. What exactly happens is up to you.

>They find and eat ice cream, what do?
Find more and then eat it. The dolls could figure out something else they'd rather eat and go after that, if they want. The necromancer only has to be giving them goals if that's what the players want.
>>
>necronica
>not a game about cute robot skeletons doing cute robot skeleton things
>>
PDF guy. Do people like the tables as-is, or would you like them formatted like DND tables? IE one column for the field type (name, effect, etc) and a second for the info.
>>
>>44643740

The tables as are work pretty well.
>>
>>44642553
I'd call it "Adventure time" version
Where things we consider fucked up now, would be described as normal to the PCs (my kids) because their characters wouldn't know any better, and the PCs wouldn't realize any better because they are kids irl.

So say one has its arms removed; the graphic version could include the bone and sinew, the strings of ripped muscle, and the blood, pain, anguish of lost limbs (can they even sew them back? if they do get sewn back, how can they still work (more magic i presume?)

For a kid it's "lol that's my arm that falled off"
Whether they are playing as a naive robot with or a flesh doll.
>>
>>44644943

That's actually a really interesting idea. Very strange but interesting.
>>
>>44646178
>>44643180
OKay, guise, so is there like a starter adventure?
Or a simple adventure?
Something to build upon?
>>
>>44646227

The replay isn't going to be terribly useful for the style of adventure you seem to want, and if there are any others, they aren't translated.

Also, you're probably going to want to rename/refluff the fetters if you are seriously going to use this for kids. Probably just rename them to friendship and change the names of specific ones to something more fitting.

On the bright side, you can rename the "boy" mutation to friendship calculator or something.
>>
>>44646227

I've gotten into the spirit of just making shit up as I go along, take really anything you like and just jam little girls into it by whatever means everyone involved can accept and work with it. and in this case kids won't think too hard so just being vague and mysterious would probably work.

I for instance have been running a bunch of singleplayer experiments with a friend, partly because we're both dorks and partly because I want to learn better writing and being a better GM. I make the Adventure, they bring a little girl.

The current experiment is my attempt to make a setting I can sort of reuse because it can function on it's own without too much trouble.

And the Setting is the Zone from Stalker/Roadside Picnic. With little girls.
>>
>>44648175
Would it be plausible to just like take any movie scenario, twist it into abandoned dead earth with dolls ?

like erm, let's see watership down; a doll gets a vision that they have to go. A bad thing is coming. which means moving out, meeting the dog, the lendri, the cat, the caged rabbits, keehar NPC, general woundwort and his army, ah, you get the idea, you've probably seen it.
>>
File: 1409065085522.png (195KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1409065085522.png
195KB, 480x480px
>>44648502

Basically Yes, the games that I'm running and are in as a player start with the PCs dreaming their fragments of memory and premonition before they wake up, these are of course vague and mysterious visions which give the players something to start off with, and when they wake up we then essentially trip over the plot of the story and we go from there.

The table of fragments is essentially just suggestions for, and this is important, the GM to play with and make up and fit into the story in whichever way services the character, the world, the plot, or all of the above. This is a very strange intrusion to consider as you have the GM essentially writing a PC's backstory for them. but to get the best effect out of the game and to ascend from simple oneshot territory the GM and the individual players have to shake hands on this.

Example: The current game in the Zone started with the character, who had gotten the 'Tea Party' and 'In the rain' fragments along with the 'Sinner' premonition, Dreaming about a dark room, Empty for now, with a table and pretty pink Tea set laid out, Then flashing intermittently between that and another memory of her lying face up about to be shot in a gutter. All taking vague meaning out of what we had and I plan to play with it and evolve what each part means as we go.

After that she woke up in her coffin after being deposited in the Zone, and the coffin was opened by my Tutorial NPC, a sumg and sarcastic twintails Stalker I like to call Guide, I introduced the fact that in order to leave the zone she has to do something for this shadow organization that contains it and off we went to our little roadside picnic.
>>
>>44628522
Please explain.
>>
>>44649777
I think it's the 'Tough Love' skill.
>>
>>44649777

See

>>44649963

Tough love lets an ally remove a point from a fetter in madness when the person with the skill deals damage to that ally. The best attacks for this are either low damage/low cost ones or ones that deal low damage over a wide area so it can affect multiple characters and potentially do damage to enemies. The Machine Gun part falls into the second category.
>>
File: 1399479748840.png (42KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1399479748840.png
42KB, 300x300px
>>44650179
That is one scary Oneesama.
>>
>>44650179
Every day I learn something amazing about this game.
>>
>>44650563

We have a character in one game who does exactly this. She sits one zone back and sprays machine gun fire into the frontliners. She is also the reason they're not broken hearted at this very moment.
>>
>>44650734
>shoot your sisters
>effectively a better healer than Alice
>>
>>44650734
Does she patch them up with the First Aid Kit after?
>>
>>44650915

No, she leaves that to the sniper.

>>44650869

Funnily enough, as said above, she is not the one who patches them up afterwards. Besides, prayer is a great skill, especially if you are sitting in the back anyway.
>>
Still not sure which is best. Partial to the middle format, though.
>>
>>44652779
I like the middle format for being a combination of easy to read without taking up lots of space.
>>
>>44652779

Personally, the top one seems nicest.
>>
>>44652917
My issue with the top one is the name isn't distinguished from the rest of the details, making it harder to find things by name.
Also it causes some brutal uniformity while scrolling, which -can- be hard on the eyes. (Note I don't say 'is'.)
>>
File: 1408786670294.jpg (21KB, 471x480px) Image search: [Google]
1408786670294.jpg
21KB, 471x480px
>>44652779

Middle seems like the best combination of the top and bottom formats
>>
I know this: until there will be people that care about stuff like Nechronica, /tg/ will be on of the best boards.
>>
>>44652779
NOT the bottom format, for sure.
>>
>>
File: Alice Skills.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Alice Skills.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Alice skills reformatted.
Not going to have them stuck together in the full PDF, of course.
This is a lot of work, but strangely fun.
>>
>>44649079
>This is a very strange intrusion to consider as you have the GM essentially writing a PC's backstory for them. but to get the best effect out of the game and to ascend from simple oneshot territory the GM and the individual players have to shake hands on this.

I'm actually on the other end, I kind of like the fact that Nechronica gives you a chance to play a character with an unknown backstory that may be partially or wholly made up by a DM, if it ends up run that way.
>>
>>44641832
It's four AP total for one movement, compared to the three AP normally. It's ranged. You can use it on targets who can't move, or help them move while using 1 less AP on their end. You can use it while Annihilated, even on yourself. The cost makes sense to me.
>>
Where is it listed how many of each Basic Part you get? It's definitely not one each.
>>
>>44655399
Never mind. I found a list of sorts in the Creating Enemies page, where it lists basic parts for a basic Savant (Servant?).

>Head: Brain, Eyeballs, Jaw
>Arms: Fist, Arm, Shoulder
>Torso: Spine, Entrails, Entrails
>Legs: Bone, Bone, Leg

But shouldn't this list exist for PCs as well?
>>
>>44649079
Stalkerbro, please storytime some Zonechronica. I wanna hear about it.
>>
>>44655552

The character sheet has them already placed on it.
>>
File: 349186-admin.jpg (2MB, 2986x1500px) Image search: [Google]
349186-admin.jpg
2MB, 2986x1500px
>>44654865
I am as well, but I can see how this can cause problems for SOME PEOPLE who hate KIDS AND FUN.

>>44656297
Oh I'd love to go on and on about it but there is not much to tell at the moment, we've played one session which was basically just an introduction, and the exactly one named NPC I have on file at the moment giving a brief overview of the facts. The PC is dead...ish...and the Zone is not a happy place.

The general idea is, take Stalker, and replace everyone in the Zone -sans the Ecologists at Yantar- with Dolls.

The player is playing a Baroque/Psychadelic Automaton, so things are probably gonna get freaky in the body AND mind department. And I'm currently creating a system for Artifact Hunting and adjusting the bonuses of some of the Artifacts to play well with the game. For example, Stone Flower relieves a madness point if you sit and stare at it for a time (also working on a time system so Night and Day are a standing thing and actions outside of combat spend hours.)

I've changed names of key locations so that I can fuck with certain aspects at will (not that big of a deal since Roadside Picnic states there were seven Zones and Stalker just modifies the concepts presented in the book) However Bloodsuckers are still Bloodsuckers, The Garbage is still the Garbage, and the Brainscorcher is still ZEH BRAINSCORCHER. But one of the creative liberties I've taken was to change Pripyat name to something else even though the location is still, functionally and artistically, the same.

this game is a clusterfuck of concepts and ideas right now, and it is that way because one of the reasons I do this is to see how far I can go with as little forward planning as possible. I still have to plan encounters and big turns in the road, but for the most part the story evolves naturally based on ideas I have ranging from a few days to ideas I have right as we're playing. afterwords we chat a bit about what we liked and didn't like about certain things.
>>
>>44657183
Additionally. I've compressed certain areas. I more or less took the 100rads bar and Skadovsk and melded them together so now the area north of the Cordon, while the area still contains the Garbage, is essentially Zaton from Call of Pripyat, above that is another compression I haven't thought about too hard which will be Yanov like because I liked what Yanov station did for the Duty and Freedom conflict which is what the third area will mostly be about (Agroprom and Dark Forest will probably be around her somewhere too, alongside places like the Jupiter Plant, the Concrete Bath anomaly, ETC you get the idea.)

Past that is of course Pripyat and the NPP. and while I haven't planned it out very far at this point, Turning all the Monolith into crazy little girls who carve out their entrails in offering to the Wish-granter should be, if nothing else, entertaining
>>
File: Cordon.jpg (1MB, 1936x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Cordon.jpg
1MB, 1936x1512px
>>44657364

As for what the fuck the PC is doing here, I've devised that an organization simply referred to as 'The Bureau' runs the containment of The Zone and _NOBODY_ wants into this place. So the Bureau has (for reasons I'm still picking over, I want to say it's an offshoot of one of the X-labs that caught the wind and now for whatever reason Little girls are coming back to life in places.) has been using Dolls to carry out specific tasks and help with research projects.

If you do what they tell you to do, you get to leave to, according to Guide.
>"Presumably to the lap of state funded luxury as befitting fine, upstanding civil servants such as ourselves."

If you don't and try to hop the fence, they shoot you. But if you dick around inside the place there's not much they can do since they don't actually want to go into this irradiated hell-hole. The tasks can be as 'simple' as 'collect x number of artifacts' to virtually suicidal.

And wouldn't you have guessed it? the PC has been given the task to go and survey this Zone's Pripyat. A Place where no one has ever returned from, And because the story follows the game's plot in a loose way, among other things the Brain Scorcher is standing in her way.

I've even gotten artistic and started doodling a map, this is the first area, which roughly mimics the Cordon. The exceptions being a new Anomaly I've thought up myself. called 'The Sandbox' to teach both the player and the PC what the dick a Whirligig is and why you shouldn't step the fuck in it. and the blackened road which is filled with Electros because fuck you welcome to the zone.
>>
>>44657839

>The Road will try to kill you

Seems appropriate.
>>
>>44655552
>>44656369
Hopefully the PDF anon adds it.
>>
>>44654686
Love it.
Please continue !
>>
>>44661876
I hope so. PDFanon is the light in the darkness.
>>
>>44657183
>>44657364
>>44657839
Fucking hype dude! I think I will try to get some people together to play this. Any more details on artifacts? I hope I'll have some stories to share in the near future.
>>
>>44654686
>Prayer
>Madness reduction better than Tough Love + Hateful Fetter towards everyone
neat
>>
>>44664347

It's pretty much required to put on someone who sits further back and doesn't mind being unable to re-roll misses for 5 count. It definitely does have some advantages, like not requiring someone to be in a state of madness for it to take effect and not costing AP, parts, or madness to yourself.
>>
>>44663644
Maybe one day we will have full PDF.
All thanks to the PDFanon.
Truly a great person.
>>
>>44665022

It'd be nice to someday have enemy specific stuff translated.
>>
>>44665278
Someday we will have the full PDF translated.
Hopefully.
>>
PDF guy.
I appreciate the excitement from everyone.

So here's a big question.
If I were to set up a GoFundMe to collect funds for buying the physical books, would people contribute?
The total for all currently published books is about $120 BEFORE shipping.
>>
>>44665896
If i have money to spare then prob yes.
>>
>>44665948
I have enough to buy it from my own pocket, but only just.
Which is why I'd like it to be like a group purchase.
I'm trying so hard to not sound like I'm pandering for money. This shit is just expensive.
>>
>>44665896
>>44666219
If I'd send you scans/really good pictures of my books, would that work? That way we don't have to buy anything yet.
>>
>>44666250
Do it faggot
>>
>>44666250
Do it.
>>
The book has already been scanned. I downloaded it from the wiki, in fact.
>>
>>44667076
There are more than one books though.

>>44666413
>>44667035
When I come home I'll see if scan or photo is better. Should I upload here or send them directly to tl?
>>
>>44667251
"Upload here so more people can see it."
>>
>>44667251
Well, dolly, if there are several books to do, you had best get started then !

Pleze do eet fagget !
>>
Ok dolls, could we play a gaem plz?
Could we go through a character creation, as an example of how it is done? I read the book, but remain unsure.
>>
>>44668929

Ok, so you start off with your basic parts

>Head: Brain, Eyeballs, Jaw
>Arms: Fist, Arm, Shoulder
>Torso: Spine, Entrails, Entrails
>Legs: Bone, Bone, Leg

And one treasure on any location you want.

Roll 1d10 for Treasure, a 1d10 for Premonition, and 1d100 twice for memory fragments.
>>
>>44669267

You did not roll the memory fragments right, roll 2d100.

As for Treasure you have a basket and your premonition is doll.

"It is not under your own volition that you walk, weep, or reason. So long as you do not know your own past, it shall not be your own will that directs you. "
>>
Rolled 85, 7 = 92 (2d100)

>>44669298
this dice rolling is hard to use
>>
>>44669325

Your two fragments are:

Refuge: Was it an attic? A closet? A dresser? Wherever it was, you were creating your own tiny world inside. You locked yourself away in that world just for you. Will you need another refuge like that here?

And

Loneliness: Everyone kept their distance from you, giggling maliciously. You don't remember what you'd done, why they were laughing at you... but you never want to see eyes like those again. You never want to be abandoned by the companions you have now.

Now you choose a position and one skill from it.
>>
>>44669371
>Tfw NEET even in death
>>
>>44669200
At what point do I choose the doll type?

Whoa, where is the memory fragment table? I have a pdf, but the table itself is scattered and broken !
>>
>>44669415

That's actually kinda hilarious, but naw, fragments for how you were before ya died. So a NEET in life. Unless they decide to continue being one.
>>
>>44669452

The wiki has it.

There's position, Class, and Sub class.
>>
>>44669371
>Refuge (85)
This place, separated from all else, was supposed to be a world just for me, my paradise,
my flower garden, my world...

>I got this in my table under refuge
>>
>>44669371
court and... scapegoat? is that a valid option?
>>
>>44669521

Yeah, now you pick a class which gives you two skills and then a subclass which gives you one skill.

If you pick the same class for class and subclass, you can get the special skill.

After that you can work out reinforcement parts.
>>
Memories: what are they for? What do they actually do in the game sessions?
Do I just roll any random one and use that, or choose one or two to tie in?
>>
>>44669577
stacy with defend and corpse style and gotchi with feast of flesh
>>
>>44669664

You can roll or choose or make up your own. Make sure to run the last two by the GM.

They're there to give you something to work with as far as who your character is. Loneliness is a good example of this one. One of the only two things you can remember from before you woke up in the current shit you're in is being alone. How is that going to affect them?

Premonition is the same way.

The specific memories don't do anything in game sessions besides that, however, how many you have is the limit for how much madness you can lose through conversation checks.

>>44669695
Alright so you get 1 Armament, 2 Mutations, and 1 enhancement.

This means you have a Tier 1 Armament, a tier 1 and 2 mutation, and a tier 1 enhancement.

After that you get one more reinforcement part you can put in any category. You can use it to get a tier 2 armament, a tier 3 mutation, or a tier 2 enhancement.
>>
>>44669738

After you do that you're pretty much done. You don't do fetters until you've got a party, except for dependent on your treasure.
>>
>>44669738
whoa theres a lot of options... tier 1 armament - first aid kit, tier 1 mutation - slime, tier 2 mutation - animal ears, tier 1 enhancement - karma processor. and for the reinforcemnt part, tier 2 armament - coffin.
>>
>>44669893

While you've got tankiness, you've got a serious problem in that you have no attack parts other then slime, which is damage timing so it can only be used 1 per turn. After that you're using your fists and jaws, which wouldn't be so bad if you had gone with rip and tear instead of feast of flesh.
>>
>>44669941
well im not married to feast of flesh. we can change it to rip and tear. or is there a better combination? i like playing tanks
>>
>>44670000

It really depends entirely on what seems cool to you. There's numerous ways to go about playing a tank, but corpse style is only going to be useful for you to help teammates or hinder an enemy without stuff for you to do damage yourself.

Oh just noticed that, you might want to switch out medkit, because if you're on the front line it can be broken and useless. Karmic processor isn't terribly useful either since you don't have anything that uses madness as a cost. Swapping those two out for either a weapon or something could do you good.
>>
>>44670110
hmm... alright, i understand charactergeneration. looks like i just need to bone up on useful combinations. thanks
>>
>>44670148

Just for fun and discussion, here's a sample character. (This is using the template posted in OP)

NAME: Handi Age: 15
Premonition: Hope
Position: Junk
Class: Baroque
Subclass: Baroque
Total Body integrity: 19/19
AP: 13/13

ARM: 1 / MUT: 4 / ENH: 0

HEAD: 5/5
-Brain: +2 AP
-Eyes: +1 AP
-Jaw: Action, Cost 2, Range 0, Unarmed 2
-Animal Ears +1 AP cannot be broken through action check crit-fails
-Extra Head +2 AP

ARMS: 4/4
-Fists: Action, Cost 2, Range 0, Unarmed 2
-Arm: Check, Cost 1, Range 0, Support 1
-Shoulder: Action, Cost 4, Self, Move 1
-Handcannon: Action, Cost 2, 0-1, Ranged Attack 2

TORSO: 6/6
-Spine: Action, Cost 1, Range 0, One Maneuver you use on the next Count during this Round

has its Cost reduced by 1 (to a minimum of 0.)
-Entrails
-Entrails
-Tail +1 AP
-Treasure (Stuffed animal)
-Cold Light Action Cost 1, Horrors and legions take -1 to hit targets other then you

LEGS: 4/4
-Bone: Action, Cost 3, Self, Move 1
-Foot: Check, Cost 1, Range 0, Hinder 1
-Animal Legs Action, Cost 2, Self, Move 1-2

SKILLS:
P1: Even Unto Tartarus- -1 to cost for actions in Tartarus.
C1: Mutated Being- Can choose where non-crit hits can go.
C2: Instrument of Evil- +1 to damage, but Chain, explosive, and dismember are lost
S1: Extreme Mutation- +1 T3 Mutation

Fragments of Memory: 2
1 Smile
2 Lie

Fetters:
Treasure: Dependent () () () ()

The attacks listed are factoring in Instrument of evil, because there's no reason not to use it if the attack doesn't have one of those effects,
>>
>>44670217
Excellent.

taking the same class twice: why, and what's the bonus and where does it talk about it in the rules?
>>
File: xr_cs_screen_45_1024w.jpg (231KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
xr_cs_screen_45_1024w.jpg
231KB, 1024x640px
>>44664292
Not at the moment but I'm doing a massive rework of everything to cram more stalker elements into the game. I'm trying to be as light as possible with it since the player in question knows nothing of the zone and our traditions and also doesn't go to /k/ or have any tolerance for that stuff. so while I may tack on a weight system, I probably won't count ammo. which balances out in some cases since you're dealing with little girls and not fully grown men who can lug around 100lbs like nothing, even though some skills like super strength can modify this logically.

But the point of it is to meld the elements from the game and bring them into Nechronica. Stone Flower as an Artifact stuck out because of the description:

>Born in the Springboard anomaly. This artifact is found in only a few areas of the Zone. The bits of metallic compounds create a beautiful light play. It is very calming to study this artifact at night by the fire.

So I looked at that and the fact that it offers Psychic protection in the game and worked it out to "Relieves madness and also provides a +1 bonus to madness checks inside Psychic Anomalies" (Think shit like the Scar from CoP.) This is basically the pattern I plan to follow, but I'm still pondering things like Radiation levels since as no brainer as this seems I think I would be overloading the player in question too much. Have to make it fun.

The idea here is that this place can be used as a free standing setting that can simply exist on it's own without me needed to pull lots of strings, so the player can go the places they want and accomplish things without me having to have amazing setpieces for everything.

So long as there is a place for me to report back to, I will pull up to the fire and tell you a tale of these Girl Scouts.
>>
>>44670494
Only single-classed characters can take the special skill.
>>
>>44670494
OK. so:
Name: Alice, Age: 8
Premonition: Inversion
Position: I don't know which one to pick (sorority maybe, a bossy little girl?)
Class: Romanesque
Sub-class: Thanatos ? (again, I'm not sure; I'd like a ballet dancing princess with blades instead of feet, wielding a big ass pair of scissors.)

What are these tier things? is that the bonus for double class? it gets you 4 points in the same reinforcement parts? (enhancements, armements, mutations) ?
>>
>>44670566
Feel free to make your own thread on it, or start up the next Nechronica General when you have some good stories for us. This general usually pops up only when new stuff for it appears.

Mind sharing your no-brainer idea for radiation? I've been re-reading the rules to gear up for running this.
>>
File: 352179-sepik.jpg (1MB, 2071x1080px) Image search: [Google]
352179-sepik.jpg
1MB, 2071x1080px
>>44670891
Well it's the zone, radiation and the effects of radiation color this place like the dirt and the rain.

But...they are dead after all. So I have reason to not be so heavy handed with it, however I have passing ideas about Radiation levels on a simple scale of effects from benign to causing Sickness to outright damage. Interacting with something irradiated or using artifacts or something something Gain one Degree of Radiation.

But I am not sure yet, but I'll try to pop in when I have a story to tell.
>>
>>44670750

>What are these tier things?
Parts are divided into categories (Armament, Mutation, Enhancement), they are further divided into tiers. Typically, you have to go T1>T2>T3 with parts. Though you can take lower tier parts instead, if you wish. So it can be T1>T2>T2, but not T1>T3>T3. The character in question has the Extreme mutation skill, which gives another T3 mutation that sits outside that chain. Romansque gets a similar skill for enhancements.

is that the bonus for double class? it gets you 4 points in the same reinforcement parts? (enhancements, armements, mutations) ?

>is that the bonus for double class?

Taking the same class twice gives access to the class special skill. For Baroque, it's Mutated Being.

> it gets you 4 points in the same reinforcement parts?

No, Baroque gives 2 mutations for picking it. So it's 2 mutations + 2 mutations for a total of 4. Other classes gives 2 as well, but in different categories, except for psychedelic which only gives 1 enhancement. You can find it under information for the class what kind of parts it gives.
>>
>>44671038

How about making it less of what radiation does to you, but rather what it does to your stuff/things around you? Until they get to extreme levels of radiation, the character themselves are unaffected by it. However, they have to find ways to decontaminate if they want to interact with any living beings and possibly having higher chances of equipment failure (Perhaps bumping the critfails up to occuring on results of 2) with higher levels.

It keeps radiation as a danger while also explaining why they are using the dolls.
>>
>>44671162

Yeah that seems the way to go, doesn't it? I had something similar in mind to contest this and keeps the effect without weighing the thing down with more management.
>>
>>44671429

It does sound like you're making something neat. Would be a blast to play in that game.

As for combating radiation accumulation, unexplained "Anti-rad drugs" would work for it in the field if you get to the point that it's a problem. "Home base" or wherever they take their loot and objective shit too would probably also have a way to decontaminate. Keeps it simple but still has opportunities to cause problems.
>>
File: phone pics 040.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
phone pics 040.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>44671095
Thanks for helping me btw.

So here's the character so far:
Name: Alice Apparent Age: 8

not chosen / not chosen

Position: Sorority
Class: Romanesque
Subclass: Romanesque

SKILLS:
Position: Sisters Kiss (rapid, cost: 1, range: 0, Target savant loses 4AP)
>is this any good, are savants common, or powerful enemies?
Class1: Battle maiden (+2AP)
>Just how important are AP ? several enhancements add AP too.
Class2: Ones many charms (arms and legs cost -1pts to a min of 0)
>I don't even know what this means desu, but it sounds good.
Subclass: Clockwork (add one tier3 enhancement)
>more bonuses can only be good right?

Total Body integrity: i don't know how this is calculated
AP: i don't know how this is calculated

ARM: 0 / MUT: 0 / ENH: +4
> does this mean Alice can't have any weapons or mutations at all? Ever?

HEAD: 5/5
- Brain: +2 AP
- Eyes: +1 AP
- Jaw: Action, Cost 2, Range 0, Unarmed 2
-
-

ARMS: 3/4
- Fists: Action, Cost 2, Range 0, Unarmed 2
- Arm: Check, Cost 1, Range 0, Support 1
- Shoulder: Action, Cost 4, Self, Move 1
-

TORSO: 3/6
- Spine: Action, Cost 1, Range 0, One Maneuver you use on the next Count during this Round has its Cost reduced by 1 (to a minimum of 0.)
- Entrails
-
-
- Treasure (undead kitten)
-

LEGS: 2/4
- Bone: Action, Cost 3, Self, Move 1
- Bone: Action, Cost 3, Self, Move 1
-
-

Do I have to have "something" in all the parts; for example I need 6/6 parts in TORSO ?
How and what does the cost of parts mean? like Bone, in the legs, what is cost3, self, move1? and why have it twice?
>>
>>44671803
OK, so Alice has 4 enhancement points, so consulting the reinforcement parts table this means she can have 2 tier 1 enhancements, 1 tier2 and 1 tier 3 (and another tier3 because of clockwork)
>>
>>44671803

A'ight, in order

>is this any good, are savants common, or powerful enemies?

Savants are usually going to be the strongest thing you fight short of necromancers, and losing 4 AP is a big deal. That's either a lot of fast or one really strong attack that isn't going to be thrown at you.

>Just how important are AP ? several enhancements add AP too.

The more the better. The more AP you have, the more you can do in a round. Also those with the highest AP move before those with lower AP.

>I don't even know what this means desu, but it sounds good.

It means your arms (support 1) and feet (hinder 1) cost nothing to use. Making your basic support and hinder free is nice, but it's not the best you can do.

>more bonuses can only be good right?

Usually, yes.

> does this mean Alice can't have any weapons or mutations at all? Ever?
Um, what? Anyway, after character creation, you're free to grab whatever category of parts you want when you purchase new ones. You do still have to follow the tier progression. Position also has no affect on parts obtained, only classes do.

>Total Body integrity: i don't know how this is calculated

It's just all your parts added together. Since you get one more from clockwork, you're going to be having 19 in total.

>AP: i don't know how this is calculated

The base is 6. The eyes add +1 and brain adds +2. This means that PCs are going to at least start with 9 AP. Since you have Battle maiden, you'll have 11 before adding any parts.

>Do I have to have "something" in all the parts; for example I need 6/6 parts in TORSO ?

Oh, did you just copy the example character above and then change all the fields? No, your total number of parts there is determined by what you put there. That character had 6 parts in the torso so they had 6/6. That's for keeping track of how much you have intact vs how many total.

Comment too long
>>
>>44671639

I sees it now.

>"Welcome to One-Hundred Rads, Stalkers come here to rest and share, stories, drink and sell their swag. But...despite the name you may want to check yourself before entering. Radiation may not effect you but you still carry the stuff around with you, Think of it as like...using a condom, Yes? a courtesy."

This coming from my Tag-along NPC, A Russian dark haired twintails girl who passes her sorrows about being stuck in the zone with Sarcasm and Lewd insinuations.
>>
>>44672074

Continuing on,

>How and what does the cost of parts mean? like Bone, in the legs, what is cost3, self, move1?

Self is the range it is. It means you can only use it on yourself. Cost is how much AP to use the maneuver. You're supposed to have two bones and two entrails. The entrails is literally ablative armor for you, just there to be blown away. The bone twice is to give you a back up in case they break one of your legs.

Use this instead of copy and pasting that example character for a template.

http://pastebin.com/zuxghk7A
>>
>>44672095

>Think of it as like...using a condom, Yes? a courtesy.

That is certainly a way to phrase decontaminating yourself so as not to give people cancer.
>>
>>44671803
Also you get a free point to put into any reinforcement category you want, so you should start with 5 unless you take Psychedelic.
>>
>>44672251
>>44672168
>>44672074
Yes I did just copy paste the example ! I have to start somewhere!
Here's one with the raw txt format you proposed to use (it's actually a lot better)

NAME:Alice Age: 8
Position/Class/Subclass: Sorority/Romanesque/Romanesque
Total Body integrity: 19/19
AP: 11/11

ARM: 0 / MUT: 0 / ENH: 4 (+1 free)

HEAD: 4/4
-Jaw: Action, Cost 2, Range 0, Unarmed 1
-Limiter (tier1 enhancement)

ARMS: 4/4
-Fists: Action, Cost 2, Range 0, Unarmed 1
-Laser beam (tier2 enhancement)

TORSO: 6/6
-Spine: Action, Cost 1, Range 0, One Maneuver you use on the next Count during this Round has its Cost reduced by 1 (to a minimum of 0.)
-Entrails
-Entrails
-Treasure (undead kitten)
-Steel bones (tier1 enhancement)
-Cyborg (tier3 enhancement)

LEGS: 5/5
-Assassin blade (tier2 enhancement)
-Crab legs (tier3 enhancement)

SKILLS:
P1: Sisters kiss
C1: Battle maiden
C2: Ones many charms
S1: Clockwork

1: Father's arms
2: Secret

OK, so is this meh / OK / pretty good / nice.jpg ?
>>
>>44672771
Actually, come to think of it, I'm not too happy with the cyborg bit, it's feels to cheap and easy, not necessarily fitting to the theme.
I would have rather had the laser in the eye socket actually too.

I figured crab legs would represent that the legs have been replaced by blades. She makes a mess of polished wood floors and carpets.

What could be a nice replacement for cyborg though?
Should she have a minimum of hinder and or support ? Is it necessary?
Also I get the impression that some tier3 enhancements aren't all that good.
>>
>>44672890

Cyborg is good, and you can usually fluff things however you want, best to ask the GM first. There is no need for a "minimum" of supports or hinders. Two things to keep in mind.

-Laser is not really good if the target isn't a savant because even with dismember, it cost too much for the straight up damage it deals. Good range though, so you can plink at things that you can't close on quick enough.

-Assassins Blade is a rapid attack, so you can only use it once per turn. You might want to opt for getting drill, electrigger, pilebunker or light saber in your legs so you have other attacks to blow your other 9 AP on.

If you really want to swap out cyborg, either get lightsaber/pilebunker or a move part to help you close on enemies. And yeah, the system is not the most well balanced so you're going to find a few parts that aren't all that great, and in general, T3 Armaments are best if you looking for something to smack people with.
>>
>>44673182
Light saber seems even "cheaper" than cyborg.

pilebunker could be good though.
Maybe replace assassins blade with it instead?
Is knocking an enemy back a good idea?
>>
>>44673784

>Is knocking an enemy back a good idea?
It depends, you do get to choose which direction they go, but if you're a dedicated melee fighter, you'll want an attack that doesn't knock your opponent away

>Light saber seems even "cheaper" than cyborg.

They're both T3 parts, they are supposed to be strong. Lightsaber is countered by both a single defend 1 (Though if you put lightsaber on the legs, it'd require a defend 2 to stop) and auto-separate. It's also just mono-filament wire (a tier 3 armament) without the option to hit a zone away.

Pilebunker and Lightsaber are both Tier 3 parts, so you can't really swap them directly with assassin's blade. Also having a rapid attack can be handy because rapid attacks go before the maneuver they're responding to. So if someone's about to punch an ally, you might, with a rapid attack, slice their arm off before the punch lands.
>>
About those scans/photos it's 2 am here and I don't want to wake up the house so I'll wait until morning. It looks like the thread is going to survive until then so that's great.
>>
File: 34199956dae976a5e10f63f0f1169671.jpg (455KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
34199956dae976a5e10f63f0f1169671.jpg
455KB, 1024x724px
>>44674224
I sure hope that it survives.
>>
>>44674293

All we need are more stories.

Or more people trying to figure out how to make a character, either or, really.
>>
>>44674469
It's 2am here too, so looks like we're in the same time zone.
In which case it's high time i hit the sack.

I'll attempt to make a character with different classes tomorrow, just to see how different it is.
>>
>>44674591
3am here
Maybe i should try to make a character tomorrow(today) too.
Unless i'm too busy doing something else.
>>
I want to play Nechronica.
>>
File: 78b54ac052b9e93f576fa8feacecf2d7.jpg (197KB, 723x1023px) Image search: [Google]
78b54ac052b9e93f576fa8feacecf2d7.jpg
197KB, 723x1023px
>>44676652

So would most of the 38 posters, most likely. It's almost like this is a niche game.
>>
All the position skills reformatted. This alone took about four or five hours.
Again, not final format, but seeing it like this I have renewed hope of getting each individual position onto a single reference page. Which would be very useful.
>>
File: 1422541862214.jpg (200KB, 1024x722px) Image search: [Google]
1422541862214.jpg
200KB, 1024x722px
>>44677623

Nice, getting a good readable PDF will help get stuff running smoother. The wiki is handy and usable, but not the most convenient thing in the world to navigate.
>>
>>44677786
Very, and a well done PDF will draw more attention. Instead of "what the fuck is this mess".
Also I just realized that PDF with only the position skills is itself a very usable resource.
I'll see to adding more polish, once I've got the PDF worked through.
>>
>>44677890

Really, the only thing it needs is making the vertical separation between positions more noticeable.
>>
>>44678037

Sorry, that was really poorly worded. Mean to say that it just needs to have the position names made more noticeable and a bit clearer where one class ends and another begins.
>>
>>44678104
I understood right away. The intent was very clear.
If any errant spaces around values are noticed, please let me know. That shit is aggravating and difficult to ferret out.

Here's Stacy reformatted before I sleep.
I'm not sure I like how I have the pure-class skill just noted with "special:", but I also don't like it as separated as the wiki.
>>
>>44678411

Giving the special skill a unique border or something might work.
>>
>>44678443
Quick alteration.
>>
At what level of availability do you think this game will get more /tg/ GMs? Does it need more enemies? More fluff translations?
>>
>>44680262

>At what level of availability do you think this game will get more /tg/ GMs?

When people stop having the knee-jerk reaction of "Oh god, lolis, magical realm." Not kidding, that does seem to be the game's biggest barrier to greater acceptance on here.

But other then that? Enemies getting translated would be great for those of us already running a game, we can do a lot with what we've already got, but more examples and tools to work with are always appreciated. They'll help new GMs as well, but if they're getting to the point where it's be something they need, they're probably already hooked.

Fluff translations would be better for bringing in new GMs. Not everyone wants to create their campaign's setting from scratch; and, depending on how that stuff is done, it might help deal with the aforementioned knee jerk reaction, because the replay certainly doesn't help. An interesting setting will most certainly help bring in more interested people.
>>
I vaguely recall /tg/ trying to invent a little girl necormancy rpg once years ago. This seems neat.
>>
>>44680744

It is quite neat. The game is very unique, mechanically. Haven't actually seen anyone complain that it's a bad system yet. Poorly balanced, yes, but not bad.
>>
>>44676912
Hmm- I had an idle 3am thought of trying to do a twist of sorts where the characters don't see themselves as the undead monstrosities they are at first, but it's a bit hard to do given the character creation explicitly involves making said abomination.

Still, I think that any game of it I ran I'd probably up the max age limit so you can play characters in late teens or early 20s or so- One group I play with has a lot of pbp ones so games are fairly slow paced and often have a fair bit of inter party relations, so upping age limits A-decreases reeee from the kneejerk crows and B-Ups the range of potential char interactions you could get from the group.
>>
I wanted to ask about optimized builds, amounts of necessary madness management, and preferred tactics and strategies, but unfortunately it's getting late.
>>
>>44682509
This is pretty much what I was saying earlier: the characters won't consider themselves as undead abominations, because they will perceive it as "normal"

Take ellie from the last of us; she never knew the time before. Same with the dolls. If something isn't an undead abomination; that would strike them as weird.

I would describe things succintly, as if it were normal: You are in a room, it's pretty bare there isn't much in it.
But if the characters look closer, find out more, i could tell them that it has stained grey walls, the bare rotten floorboards, the metal bed with soggy mattress, there might be bones, old papers strewn on the floor, puddles of stuff. flies.
Smells, sounds.
Like something straight out of silent hill.
But only if the characters bother to look, otherwise, yeah, it's just a "normal" room.

Same for the outside: i won't tell them specifically that they are pretty much alone, no traffic, no people per se.
They won't notice the carcasses of vehicles on the roads, all the mess, the broken glass.
>>
>>44680951
It's a pretty simplistic system all things considered.
d10+modifiers 5+ is win, 1 to 4 is fail.
All seances are intro - fight - outtro, kinda like a video game?
It has a lot of potentiel because it's a nice simple system (once you have tg anons to help you) so you can concentrate on the creepy setting.

I can only agree, that a full, nicely written pdf would be an enormous benefit.
>>
>>44678528
Allofmyyes/10
>>
>>44685353
I was thinking more the bit where there's enough memory of their lives before that they see themselves as just being normal human, no awful biomech stuff, maybe throwing in bits about "you're sure your arm wasn't as heavy"

It's definitely a bit heavy on the frontal trauma though when the reveal comes- would prolly work best if all the characters don't wake up together or something.

But again, I don't think that particular type of reveal works with this game.
>>
File: Front Page.png (3MB, 2120x3013px) Image search: [Google]
Front Page.png
3MB, 2120x3013px
My scanner isn't cooperating so here are some crappy photos instead. I need to go soon but when I come back I'll see if I can make it work.
>>
>>44686249
Seems like I can't upload more than one picture here so I've put the rest of the images here:
http://imgur.com/a/I3q4i
>>
>>44686373
I can never have enough of lolis who suffer.
Why are they so great?
>>
i have a great idea what if we replace all the zombies in the official artwork with diaperheads i hear /tg/ loves diaperheads
>>
>>44686458
But i need my suffering and entrails all over the floor lolis.
>>
>>44686458
I've already done that once.
>>
>>44686487
These things are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>44686542
I know.
>>
>>44686452

Because it make the nice, smaller things have more emotional impact?
>>
Are there scans of any of the books available yet?
>>
>>44685413

Not sure how you could really make the not being aware of how they're fucked up without just refusing to tell them how the game works/make the characters yourself, which you've said yourself.

Running it that way, you have to go light on detail. Light enough that the players might think you don't actually have any detail so they won't ask because they don't want to stall the game while you stammer an answer (note: Not that you don't have it ready, just that they think you don't) or that you just don't care about setting the stage.

You're talking about a lot of work and risk setting up a reveal that the system itself actively works against.

>>44689284
None that are floating around. Actually there might be the core rule book somewhere, but other then that, it seems that the answer is no
>>
>>44680262
When Night Wizards gets more GMs.
>>
File: 1403433721649.jpg (157KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
1403433721649.jpg
157KB, 566x800px
>>44610244
I'm really glad I stumbled on this, I have to say its been a while since an RPG has piqued my interest like Nechronica has. The health system looks really damn interesting. Has any of the lore been translated?
>>
>>44690816

As has been mentioned before in the thread, no. The only two things we have is "all the PCs are little girls" and "Necromancers are dicks." Though you could argue that 17 isn't exactly little, but whatever.

Personally, as a player, it's a nice break from playing established systems like 40k and what have you where you know or can easily find out how everything works, even if your character shouldn't. Your character knows as much about the world as you do, which is to say nothing. Every campaign is an unknown world which, for some GMs, is probably quite intimidating. If you had everyone describe their campaign, every one of them would, most likely, be a different world with its own rules.

Unfortunately, those of us currently running a game may not be able to divulge much about how our shit works because our players might be browsing this topic.
>>
File: Uguu.jpg (1MB, 1281x4314px) Image search: [Google]
Uguu.jpg
1MB, 1281x4314px
>>44690816
Nope
I would import a copy of the books myself if they weren't always shold out
>>
File: 1441441520106.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1441441520106.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Posting this here because it has a semi-similar system with trading body parts and stuff.
>>
File: Slasher_DS1.jpg (77KB, 370x600px) Image search: [Google]
Slasher_DS1.jpg
77KB, 370x600px
>>44691272
Now that you mention it, it is nice that we have very little to go on, I'm already thinking up ways to play a campaign. Shame this is so niche as a setting, not sure my usual players would be interested.
>>
>>44691272
This is odd. Hasn't anyone tried translating the wikipedia page? It has some setting information.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%B0%B8%E3%81%84%E5%BE%8C%E6%97%A5%E8%AB%87%E3%81%AE%E3%83%8D%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%83%8B%E3%82%AB#.E4.B8.96.E7.95.8C.E8.A8.AD.E5.AE.9A
>>
>>44692523
>https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%25E6%25B0%25B8%25E3%2581%2584%25E5%25BE%258C%25E6%2597%25A5%25E8%25AB%2587%25E3%2581%25AE%25E3%2583%258D%25E3%2582%25AF%25E3%2583%25AD%25E3%2583%258B%25E3%2582%25AB&prev=search
>>
File: 24263297.jpg (486KB, 816x1145px) Image search: [Google]
24263297.jpg
486KB, 816x1145px
>>44691416

That is significantly more complex then Nechronica. It doesn't really have the appeal of being as easy to understand and it seems closer to what you normally get from other RPGs.

>>44691835
If you have to, you can discard the "everyone must be little girls." Letting people play as boys won't harm things too much, but you lose a lot, thematically, if you let the PCs be adults. The game is certainly still worth playing for the system alone and you can still do plenty in terms of stories and theme. Either doctor it enough to appeal to your usual group or just take a risk with strangers.

Will say, in personal experience, everyone who plays this game seems to be pretty cool. Might be because this game is so niche and has so few players and GMs, that people can't really afford to fuck over their chances of having a game. This makes them actually try to behave themselves. Or maybe it's just luck.

>>44692560
>Necromancy is nanomachines

While funny, that shit is really hard to read. So yeah, we can get a vague idea of the setting, but it isn't terribly appealing and the machine translation is not going to entice new people to jump in.
>>
>>44692813
Someone could hand-translate the setting.
>>44692523
>>
>>44692813
I will agree that we need a decent translation.

But we know it's nanomachines and even the epoque of the setting.
>>
File: SUCKERPUNCH_PIXOMONDO_01.jpg (382KB, 1200x499px) Image search: [Google]
SUCKERPUNCH_PIXOMONDO_01.jpg
382KB, 1200x499px
>>44692813
Thematically it does seem to work better with girls might take the risk with strangers the setting is interesting.

I would love to run a game in a world war one esque post apocalypse
>>
>>44693319

>But we know it's nanomachines and even the epoque of the setting.

The why/how of necromancy and when the hell stuff is even happening are two of the most fun questions to pursue, personally. Having a concrete answer for it seems to make things less interesting to question.

Though that's going down the path of personal opinion. Not a huge fan for what can be deciphered by the machine translation but there are undoubtedly people who do want stuff to work with in that area.

>>44693498

>Apocalyptic Undead Trench warfare
Being a machine gunner gets a lot more interesting when you have to worry about that line of dudes you just mowed down getting back up again.
>>
>>44691835
Holy crap that image just made my next campaign. Now I'll always have games ready for this system.
>>
>>44693790

The non-boss enemies of Dead Space can make for good low grade horrors/legions.
>>
>>44694707
Until I saw that image it never hit me that horror games would be such a great source of inspiration for Nechronica material.
>>
File: Pregnant_DS2.jpg (70KB, 370x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pregnant_DS2.jpg
70KB, 370x600px
>>44694707
>>44694923
>>44693790

Yeah Dead Space has the perfect body horror elements that would be perfect inspiration for Nechronica
>>
File: sentrybot.jpg (52KB, 431x283px) Image search: [Google]
sentrybot.jpg
52KB, 431x283px
>>44695030

>tfw You've already made an enemy based on that one.

Deadspace is a good fit, but you can use a lot different sources, not even horror.

For a lot of things? Just add biological/human bits to it. Pic related worked pretty well as a legion.
>>
>>44686249
>>44686373
Man, and I though Nechronica was brutal before.
>>
>>44695354

Being "lightly damaged" usually involves your intestines, liver, and other assorted organs being splattered across the room. It's a lot of fun with a GM who likes to be descriptive with combat.
>>
>>44695500
Entrails is pretty much the go-to part for destroying first.
>>
>>44693563
The thing is, undead as per the trop just doesn't work. I noted early in this thread; necrotic bacteria and well just rotting away would pretty much bring an end to any undead things on earth quite rapidly within a year or two, there really wouldn't be anything left.

Now that we know it's nanomachines (aka its magic i dont gotta explain shit) then it becomes workable. Just because you and i know that its nanomachines doesn't mean the dolls know, or care.

I like the fact that we know we're in a nuclear post apocalyptic futuristic setting, with mutant plants and insects. Those are useful details. We also know that there aren't many "necromancers" that some might be AI computers, some "might" even be humans surviving since the fall. One of them is David Bowie.
>>
>>44696060
>One of them is David Bowie.
https://youtu.be/ixLm9eSYldE
>>
File: 31366846_p1.png (295KB, 600x846px) Image search: [Google]
31366846_p1.png
295KB, 600x846px
Let's see if I'm doing this right

NAME: Maya Age: 24(?)
Premonition: Trapped
Position/Class/Subclass: Alice/Requiem/Requiem
Total Body integrity: 12/12
AP: 9/9

ARM: 5 / MUT: 0 / ENH: 0

HEAD: 3/3
-Jaw: Action, Cost 2, Range 0, Unarmed 1

ARMS: 3/3
-Fists: Action, Cost 2, Range 0, Unarmed 1

TORSO: 3/3
-Spine: Action, Cost 1, Range 0, One Maneuver you use on the next Count during this Round has its Cost reduced by 1 (to a minimum of 0.)
-Entrails
-Entrails

LEGS: 3/3

Armaments:
-Bear gun
-Machine gun

SKILLS:
P1: Angel of Eden
C1:Magic Bullet
C2:Concentration
S1:Lullaby

1 Lover's Arms
2 Song

Fetters:
Treasure[Cheap Ring]: Dependent () () () ()

Afraid of the world and the monsters who surround her calling her big sis, Maya tries her best to stay sane and human in the world while tightly gripping a cheap ring in her hand and reminiscing about a pair of strong gentle arms a warm baritone voice humming a love filled song.
>>
File: 36987664_p1.jpg (451KB, 1381x1161px) Image search: [Google]
36987664_p1.jpg
451KB, 1381x1161px
>>44696060

>I noted early in this thread; necrotic bacteria and well just rotting away would pretty much bring an end to any undead things on earth quite rapidly within a year or two, there really wouldn't be anything left.

Nanomachines is lolmagic, you prefer you magic to be little robots, some might prefer it to be literal magic.

>Just because you and i know that its nanomachines doesn't mean the dolls know, or care.

Yeah, but now it's not as satisfying, as a player, to uncover how it works because we already know what it is.

>All that other stuff

Not saying you can't enjoy it or that it's necessarily bad to have it. But, and this is, once again, a personal opinion, it's a lot more fun being as in the dark about the setting as your character is. There's the thrill of discovery, both in and out of character, that's almost non-existent when using established settings. It's been a hell of a lot of fun investigating (as a player) and making (as a gm) how the world and all that shit works.
>>
>>44696394

Age is, RAW, too high. The age range is 8-17 (Or you can roll 1d10+7).

Your armaments must go on a location. Usually it'll say on the part where it belongs. A lot of guns are usually required to be placed on the arms. You also only have two when you're supposed to have five.

And, not rule violating but questionable, why concentration over gun god? They both give the same bonus, it's just that concentration applies to non-ranged attacks as well and cost 2 AP to activate. If you're planning on getting a blast weapon (such as flamethrower) or something it can be worth while, but magic bullet and lullaby only applies to Ranged, which excludes the aforementioned flamethrower.
>>
>>44696414
I can say that as a GM I'm going to make the source of necromancy to a different thing every time. That way the players will never know what's happening.

>>44696556
>>44696394
Though if that's the mental age that's alright.
>>
>>44696556

Oh and one more thing, reinforcement parts get broken just like basic parts, so they apply to body integrity as well. It's also why they need to be on a location so they can be hit.

>>44696594
>Though if that's the mental age that's alright.

It's a potentially nice character concept. Being the oldest while also being the only one who doesn't look like a goddamn abomination. It's gotta be cleared by the GM though and possibly the other players if they're sticking to it otherwise. Would allow/10
>>
>>44669738
Don't think that's how it works. You have 5 reinforcement points, so you get 2 tier 1, 2 tier 2 and 1 tier 3 part, 1 armament, 2 mutation, 1 enhancement and one of your choice.
>>
>>44698043

It's not terribly clear if tier advancement is supposed to be tied to a category or is just a thing in general. The fact that the character sheet keeps a separate count for each category suggests tier advancement is per category, but there's really no way to be sure without someone who can actually look over the original text and provide a better answer.
>>
>>44698043
>>44698205
There's literally a table for it.
http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Nechronica:Doll_Creation#Reinforcement_Parts
>>
>>44698579

Look at the last sentence before "The Function of Reinforcement Parts"

>However, you may acquire Reinforcement Parts of the same type from a lower tier (for example, instead of a Tier 3 Mutation, you may acquire a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Mutation.)

Why would it bother specifying that shit if type didn't affect tiers?
>>
>>44698661
That's saying "Just because you CAN get the highest tier, you don't have to".
>>
>>44698713

Then why bother mentioning type at all if it was only about tiers? There wouldn't be any reason for the table to go below 4 if type doesn't affect tiers because you can't go below 4 reinforcement parts anyway.
>>
File: 43464243.jpg (416KB, 1153x1631px) Image search: [Google]
43464243.jpg
416KB, 1153x1631px
>>44696394

take 2 the electric boogaloo

>NAME:Maya AGE:17
>Premonition: Trapped
>Position/Class/Subclass: Alice/Requiem/Requiem
>Total Body integrity: 12/12
>AP: 9/9

>ARM: 5 / MUT: 0 / ENH: 0

>HEAD: 3/3
>-Brain: +2 AP
>-Eyes: +1 AP
>-Jaw: Action, Cost 2, Range 0, Unarmed 1

>ARMS: 8/8
>-Fists: Action, Cost 2, Range 0, Unarmed 1
>-Arm: Check, Cost 1, Range 0, Support 1
>-Shoulder: Action, Cost 4, Self, Move 1
>-Sniper Rifle: Action, Cost 2, Range 2~3, Ranged Attack 1. Add +1 to the die roll of the Attack Check.
>-Hand Cannon: Action, Cost 2, Range 0~1, Ranged Attack 1.
>-Bear Gun: Action, Cost 3, Range 0~2 , Ranged Attack 3
>-Armor Plating: Self, Defend + 1 & Negate Explosive
>-Undead Gun: Action, Cost 3, Range:1~2, Ranged Attack 1 + Explosive + Area Attack

>TORSO: 3/3
>-Spine: Action, Cost 1, Range 0, One Maneuver you use on the next Count during this Round has its Cost reduced by 1 (to a minimum of 0.)
>-Entrails
>-Entrails

>LEGS: 3/3
>-Bone: Action, Cost 3, Self, Move 1
>-Foot: Check, Cost 1, Range 0, Hinder 1

>SKILLS:
>P1: Angel of Eden
>C1:Magic Bullet
>C2:Gun God
>S1:Lullaby
>
>Fragments of Memory: 2
>1 Lover's Arms
>2 Song
>
>Fetters:
>Treasure[Cheap Ring]: Dependent () () () ()

Not sure about the last 2 choices, not sure if I should go for that or dual handguns and antimat as my last two choices.

Now with less office lady and more older sister
>>
>>44698881
I see nowhere it says "you must use all reinforcement points".
Maybe I'm missing it?

Also, the line you reference is expanding on the one above it. "You may not acquire two Reinforcement Parts with the same name." (Which are inherently the same type)

Remember the wiki is a fan translation and Nechronica doesn't have errata or revised additions as well. Poor wording can not be improved, at least officially.
>>
>>44698996

>All that gun

Jesus, at least swap out the handcannon for kung-fu.

Bear gun's alright, but sniper rifle is questionable. The only thing you're going to be hitting that you can't smack with something stronger is shit in Tartarus, and that's assuming you're sitting in Eden. If you're in Elysium, you already cover the entire map with Bear Gun and Undead Gun. You've got your ranges covered otherwise, but Tier 1 attack parts tend to be underwhelming.

>>44699021
Wait, what? What are you actually arguing for because this isn't making much sense anymore.

>Remember the wiki is a fan translation and Nechronica doesn't have errata or revised additions as well.

It actually does. On the wiki, Gun-kata references an official FAQ. Unless they're lying.
>>
>>44699240
Oh, that's good.
I'm saying you're over analyzing shit when things are detailed to make sure people remember to attach parts onto zones and other shit that people don't think about.
>>
>>44699364

>over analyzing shit

Maybe, but after having a discussion on that specific subject multiple times tends to lead to that.

On a separate note, Gun-Kata is an awesome skill that people seem to forget about pretty often.
>>
File: 48533994_p0.png (2MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
48533994_p0.png
2MB, 1500x1000px
>>44699240
NAME:Maya AGE:17
>Premonition: Trapped
>Position/Class/Subclass: Alice/Requiem/Requiem
>Total Body integrity: 12/12
>AP: 10/10

>ARM: 5 / MUT: 0 / ENH: 0

>HEAD: 3/3
>-Brain: +2 AP
>-Eyes: +1 AP
>-Jaw: Action, Cost 2, Range 0, Unarmed 1
>-Kung-fu: Max AP +1

>ARMS: 8/8
>-Fists: Action, Cost 2, Range 0, Unarmed 1
>-Arm: Check, Cost 1, Range 0, Support 1
>-Shoulder: Action, Cost 4, Self, Move 1
>-Sniper Rifle: Action, Cost 2, Range 2~3, Ranged Attack 1. Add +1 to the die roll of the Attack Check.
>-Bear Gun: Action, Cost 3, Range 0~2 , Ranged Attack 3
>-Armor Plating: Self, Defend + 1 & Negate Explosive
>-Undead Gun: Action, Cost 3, Range:1~2, Ranged Attack 1 + Explosive + Area Attack

>TORSO: 3/3
>-Spine: Action, Cost 1, Range 0, One Maneuver you use on the next Count during this Round has its Cost reduced by 1 (to a minimum of 0.)
>-Entrails
>-Entrails

>LEGS: 3/3
>-Foot: Check, Cost 1, Range 0, Hinder 1

>SKILLS:
>P1: Healing
>C1:Magic Bullet
>C2:Gun God
>S1:Lullaby
>
>Fragments of Memory: 2
>1 Lover's Arms
>2 Song
>
>Fetters:
>Treasure[Cheap Ring]: Dependent () () () ()

now with less gun and more AP, due to my retard level of range I will change my Alice skill into Healing to continue with the healing older sister image Maya should have
>>
>>44700254

So what zone do you plan on starting in?
>>
I want to play this with anyone else on Roll20.

Add me up
https://app.roll20.net/users/116094/neno
or
http://steamcommunity.com/id/NAANNOOO/

I don't really care to use skype/voice
>>
>>44700395

Are you offering to run a game?
>>
>>44639814
This is some Abhorsen shit.
>>
So, question: the Romanesque skill One's Many Charms reads "The cost of your "Arms" and "Legs" decreases by 1 (to a minimum of 0.)" Does that mean that the stuff on those locations costs less or should there be a "Legs" Basic Part? 'cause I know there's an "Arms" Basic Part...
>>
>>44705605
Bones are the Legs equivalent of the arms part. You have two bones, you use them to move most of the time.

I don\t know if One's Many Charms really is supposed to make any Legs or Arms parts cheaper or just arms and bones but I know my GM went with all parts in those areas becoming cheaper.
>>
>>44706066
>my GM went with all parts in those areas becoming cheaper.
That feels more intuitive to me, that's for sure.
>>
>>44706210
It's also incredibly broken.

A decent compromise might be One's Many Charms working only on Basic Parts.
>>
>>44706221
I can definitely see the concern, but most Skills produce a benefit you can always count on; if those locations end up getting Dismembered or something, you're suddenly out of luck. It might be alright for the skill to be a little stronger in that sense?
>>
>>44706304
Just about all things other than psychedelic (designed to function while annihilated) rely on parts to be effective or even broken. Being weak to part destruction does not count as a weakness.

Also, there are other skills that rely on or even outright give pasts.
>>
>>44706304
>>44706746
And more importantly, Actions costing 0 AP should be avoided if at all possible because it is OP.
>>
>>44706746
>pasts
Parts
>>
>>44706304

It's not a little stronger, it's so strong that it should be one of everyone's first acquisitions, regardless of class. It basically does the same thing as Even Unto Tartarus but works on all actions from those locations and doesn't require you to be where you are going to get smacked hard.
>>
>>44642553
>he has kids who do not like fucked up shit
>>
>>44708380

It'd be lovely to hear of that game, speaking of, this thread's going to die soon.
>>
>>44708624
I guess we'll just start a new thread in a week or month when we have new things to discuss.
>>
>>44708682
New things?
Thread posts: 309
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.