[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been working on my own card game for shits and gigs, Would making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (48KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 475x475px
Been working on my own card game for shits and gigs,
Would making a "card game for keeps" be considered gambling (I.e. I killed your monster and keep it)
Wasn't marbles played this way?
>>
Self bump
>>
>>44606216
It's gambling. Mtg had it with ante, and it's illegal in the US, so they had to universally ban every card that referenced ante and remove the mechanic from the game.
>>
>>44606351
Okay, right, but what if instead of taking opponent's cards you can swap them for your own? Like taking a good one for one of your shitty ones. Legally speaking, would that be a workaround?
>>
>>44606216
Are you making Triple Triad, anon?
>>
>>44606216
I don't really see the appeal in paying lots of money for the material required for my hobby and then losing it as part of the hobby.
>>
>>44607350
But you would be equally likely to win cards you didn't pay for
>>
>>44606216
Further, most people will just ignore that rule entirely.
>>
>>44607529
I think when card games rules are deviated from you have created a new card game
>>
>>44606588
No, that'd still technically be gambling.

Listen man, a lot of fucking lawyers who know a hell of a lot more about this stuff than you do have gone over this shit backwards and forwards a million times. You're fighting a losing battle here. Just don't do it.
>>
>>44606588
Anon, that's even worse. "Here, let me give you a shitty reminder that you lost."
>>
>>44606588
Nope, still gambling.
>>
Yes. Also it would drive away the player base since there'd be decks designed around stealing as many cards as possible.
>>
>>44607978
If every deck wasn't designed around stealing as many cards as possible you've missed they've missed the point of the game.
>>
>>44608021
You've missed**
Whoops
>>
>>44608021
Well I wouldn't play that game. I'd play MTG.
>>
Is "marbles" illegal?
http://www.landofmarbles.com/marbles-play.html
>>
>>44606216
Better question:

Would anons join an event where each player starts with a deck that they then use to challenge other people with the winner getting the right to exchange one card with the opponent. The aim would be to beat someone from the event team with a pre-constructed deck.

Also, you're probably in a maze or something, like a tournament from the Yugioh anime or some shit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.