[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 41

File: 437px-Nocticula.jpg (57KB, 437x599px) Image search: [Google]
437px-Nocticula.jpg
57KB, 437x599px
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Lewd Succubutt edition

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/sYFe4hcd (embed)
Previous Thread:>>44592211
>>
I'm looking at Bard, Magus and Inquisitor. Forgetting what I want, which would YOU recommend most in a general way?
>>
>>44605305
Wizard. Of those three, bard or inquisitor.
>>
>>44605305
Of those three, Inquisitor.
>>
>>44605305
Investigator is the best Jack
>>
>>44605305
In the most general way, with no regards to what you like or what the game is like or anything? Alchemist.
>>
>>44605262
I bet that succubutt is a bardadin.
>>
>>44605358
Yes bardadins are lewd after all.
>>
Why do people say rogues were nerfed from 3.5 to pathfinder? I've seen some offhand remarks about it being the *most* nerfed while dumpster-diving old forum discussions and been wondering. Doesn't SA apply to more things now?
>>
>>44605378
It wasn't objectively nerfed at all, but everything else got buffed way more than it was. So now it's even further behind other classes than it used to be.
>>
>>44605378
Skills were easier to get, so being a skill monkey wasn't as rewarding. They also took away sneak attack from splash weapons. Also generally everything else was brought up more than rogues.
>>
>>44605378
Rogue in many forms is just starved for skills and features that make them worth their trouble.

This of course is made worse by other classes doing the rogues job better and with more availability to do so.
>>
>>44605378
Most ways to reliably get sneak attack(tumbling, blinking, and so on) were nerfed, with retroactive skillpoints from intelligence, wizards beat them as skill monkeys without even casting spells, alchemical items can no longer be used to sneak attack, all niche protection Rogues used to have(however little good it did) is gone...
>>
>>44605305
Just those three? Or any 1-6 in general?

Of the three, I'd take inquisitor any day of the week. It's a great class. Bard is tainted to me because of all the fucking "hurrdurr fuck anything with a pulse" shit that has scarred me for life, and the magus feels like a bit of a one trick pony to me.

Of all 1-6 spellcasters, I'd probably take summoner or alchemist. Summoner is a lot of fun with the eidolon, especially the synthesist. The alchemist has tons of interesting abilities while being fun to play, competent, and versatile.
>>
/tg/, what class do you think aroden wouldve been? id like to hear opinions from other people.

for instance, my buddy argued he'd be a bard or a magus, based on aroden pushing for humanity and being, essentially, the people's god. opinions?
>>
>>44605590
He was canonically a wizard. He even has a wizard spell named after him because he invented it. Aroden's Spellbane.

Get fucked, martialfags, noncasters confirmed subhuman.
>>
>>44605378
Lost niche protection, lost many, many tools to use, got hit with a couple targeted nerfs (the Flanking Foil feat, for one, and Quick Draw's change to not let you use alchemical items).

They also lost many, many tools. The fact that you can sneak attack more things is irrelevant, because in 3.5, you could trivially get that ability anyway. Off the top of my head:

>Craven being gone means they have a very difficult time keeping up in damage
>No Travel Devotion and Barbarian's pounce being pushed up by 10 levels means that they have no way to competently move and attack.
>The only easy source of Hide in Plain Sight in PF has a shitty nerfed version (Shadowdancer), and combat Stealth itself got nerfed; in comparison, in 3.5 a rogue could get HiPS off of a 22k item, a +1 LA template, or a relatively cheap magic location that gave said +1 LA template for free.
>TWF is harder to do, and that was one of the better ways for them to unload attacks.
>Tumble is no longer actually viable against many enemies; previously it was easy mobility, now it has a high chance of failure.
>No wand chambers means no use of UMD for utility options in a fight. Spell lists no longer have many of the spells rogues (especially ranged rogues) used commonly to keep up.
>Loss of generally useful multiclasses for the rogue means they can't dip to get tools they need
>Everyone else gets skill points better too, and the rogue didn't get anything extra. Trapfinding is a trait for campaigns where traps matter. At-will cantrips means magic traps are easy to find with detect magic. Niche protection is gone.
>>
>>44605701
Fuck, I just realized I ended up typing "many, many tools" twice when I restructured my post. I'm an idiot.
>>
Got a party full of PoW full our next campaign.

One guy's this big bastion of Holy Righteousness - Cleric 3/Ordained Defender 2/Battle Templar 5.
My gal's the closest to a straight fighter with her Gargantuan Elven Curve Blade - Weapon Master Myrmidon 10.
Another guy's not using anything from PoW, and is just going Cavalier 1/Druid 9 as our only fullcaster.
His fellow Dwarf is pretty much Full PoW, though, at Monk (of the Silver Fist?) 2/Stalker 8.
We've got one elf going half and half for a sick +4 against undead in an undead heavy campaign - Ranger 5/Hawkguard 5
Then we've got the other archer who's trying to cheese the fluff a bit so he's part of the "we hate undead society" without hating undead - Warlord 7/Phoenix Champion 3.
Lastly is an ungodly combination of Mystic and Bloodrager in amounts I'm not entirely certain of.

Given that our GM has a habit of sending us after CR+9 creatures with PC levels and full casting, how fucked are we?
>>
>>44605401
Honestly, if I wanted to be a skill monkey, I'd play a summoner. Start out with a +12 to whatever skill you want before stat mods.
>>
>>44605786
Just make sure you have good initiative. Also, hoping that the Mystic drops the Bloodrager levels, you need the crafting support and occasional scroll of "break game" if you're up against fullcasters often
>>
>>44605786
You could do with a vitalist, but so long you can hit the target or counter attacks you should be fine. Except that guy who should be going straight Hawkguard.
>>
I'm so used to having to pay attention to class skills, but they really don't matter at all, do they? +3 is nothing, why did I ever give a shit?
>>
>>44605938
Umm, do cross-class skills coast 2 points per rank?
>>
>>44605938
>+3 is nothing
>+15% chance of success is nothing
>the equivalent of 3 ranks or +6 stat is nothing
>being this fucking stupid
>>
>>44605975
Only in 3.5.
>>
>>44605975
No, that was one of the things that got killed in the move from D&D.
>>
>>44605980
Oh... that changes things.
Guess I don't have much excuse not to put any points in Perception if it ain't a class skill then.
>>
>>44605849
They're still getting Mystic Artifice, to the best of my knowledge, and they're taking the Sorcerous Bloodline feat for stacking Mystic/Bloodrager levels for Bloodrage abilities and Initiator Level, if that matters at all. It also might just be a one level dip, not a 3 level dip, they're the only one who hasn't posted a character sheet.

>>44605931
No Psionics in setting, unfortunately. As for the Hawkguard guy, he was a pain to give build advice to - not helped at all by the fact that the Druid/Cavalier guy was the one who brought him in, and encouraged him towards messy, multiclassing, suboptimal builds that had fun flavor but no viability, at a table that is normally very high-op. The one playing the mystic is only doing so because the last character they made was a game breaking conjurer using Samsaran Mystic Past Life to abuse Planar Binding.

Admittedly, looting the local equivalent of Darpa by sending a small horde of Glabrezus at it was fun, but the DM was rather ticked off by the plans we started making that boiled down to "Summon and Bind Glabrezus and throw them at the enemy base, allowing them to wreak the havoc they wished to wreak, and letting us get in under the cover of a friggin Glabrezu attack."
>>
>>44605976
>implying +3 is something
At very early levels it's a nice boost, and if you DO have it as a class skill it's even better, but aside from UMD and perception you probably won't miss that +3 bonus past rusty dagger shank town.
>>
File: 6eb.png (300KB, 678x468px) Image search: [Google]
6eb.png
300KB, 678x468px
How does the Stalkers Murderous Insight work with iterative attacks?
>>
>>44606283
I think it gives you Advantage on attacks for the full duration.
>>
Hey, wasn't Ssalarn MIA or something?
>>
File: Geb-god-arc-weapons.jpg (96KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Geb-god-arc-weapons.jpg
96KB, 1000x750px
>>44606308
Thankie
>>
>>44606315
I think something job-related ate him or something?
>>
>>44606315
Yeah, personal life problems.
>>
>>44606315
Last answer was that he's back, but things are still tenuous irl.
>>
>>44606328
>>44606335
>>44606348
Oh, okay. I thought he had literally disappeared off the grid and the rest of DSP hadn't heard from him in a while. I guess that's not the case though. I was going to alert folks that he posted in that thread about PoW/ToB on the Paizo forums just a couple hours ago, but apparently that's not actually a big deal.
>>
How do I stop using Summon Monster? I wants to play martial but I feels weak and powerless without access to Summon Monster IX...
>>
>>44607118
Use PoW, you already fucking know the answer why are you asking you troglodyte
>>
>Level 11 Ability: gain [attribute] to [basic combat stat you couldn't survive til here without already covering]
every time
DEV TIP: DO NOT PUT ESSENTIALS REQUIRED FOR A CHARACTER CONCEPT EVEN BEGINNING TO WORK AT HIGH LEVELS

DO
NOT
DO
THAT
>>
>>44607199
y
>>
>>44607199
What did you just read?
>>
>>44607253
>>44607293
>>44607199
I'm assuming he's talking about shit like the Harbinger which is Int based despite not getting that much out of Int till your balls deep in the game anyway.
>>
>>44607426
The harbinger isn't Int-SAD; it's something that gets extra Int to stuff. If you're playing a fully Int character, that class is not for you.
>>
>>44607426
The Harbinger is not meant to be a damage dealer, but a debuffer instead.
>>
>>44607426
Its only half int as a bonus right? You would still need Elven Battle Focus (and Umbral Blade iirc) to get the full replacement.
>>
What's the deal with this thread on the Paizo board?

>http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2t880?New-Metamagic-Feat-Hidden-Spell

Apparently there was a new FAQ about IDing spells, but I can't find it because I don't know how to navigate Paizo's poorly organized FAQ collection. But apparently people (or, well, one person) is extremely up in arms over something that doesn't seem like that huge of a deal to me. I mean, certainly casters don't need a buff but making it hard to ID their spells certainly doesn't compare to getting to pick what numbers come up on the dice. It seems like a typical Paizodrone response to default to "anything the designers think is OP must be OP, because surely they know the system better than anyone else".
>>
>>44607463
It used to be super INT-SAD back in its beta-days, until someone slapped Gareth for pulling that shit.
>>44607567
Half-INT to hit at 1st or 2nd level, full-INT to damage at 11th.
>>
>>44607127
>replying to that specific anon
>ever
Just don't.
>>
>>44607783
Just forget the Paizo board. You're never going to see anything meaningful there.
>>
Asking again from last thread: Does Deep Impact work with maneuvers that require a melee attack roll?
>>
>>44607917
no
>>
>>44607917
Shouldn't it? Power Attack works.
>>
>>44607917
>>44607962
Actually yes it does. All deep impact does is make your attack roll target touch AC.
>>
>>44608008
it specifically says on a melee attack with a melee weapon.
>>
hey can anyone recommend a good pdf character sheet for pf also i think id need a pdf reader to go along with it
>>
>>44608054
Yes. Strikes that involve making a melee attack are viable choices for deep impact. Most of them actually say "make a melee attack" if you read the description.
>>
>>44608054
It doesn't specify an attack action, though. Which presumably means it works on AoOs, charges, and the like as well.
>>
>>44607865
>It used to be super INT-SAD back in its beta-days, until someone slapped Gareth for pulling that shit.
The thing is I don't get WHY. Especially when it's okay when Soulknives get multiple ways to become completely WIS dependent?
>>
>>44608139
>PoW
>good
People still act surprised at this.
>>
>>44608170
It's not perfect, and they're are definitely a few things I dislike about some certain design decisions/philosophy, but it's still better than anything Paizo puts out both from a balance and plain old enjoyment perspective.

Playing a Martial character with options aside from "I attack" is fucking great.
>>
>>44608268
Oh, certainly, but Paizo martials are shit-tier. PoW is "just" garbage tier. Psionics are actually pretty okay other than psion/wilder, to be fair to DSP.
>>
>>44608289
Could you go into detail about your tier list? How things are sorted, specifically.
>>
>>44608289
> other than psion/wilde
Psions and Wilders are fine. I don't get why people say this. Is it because "REEE FULL CASTING" or something?

Don't take Psychic Reformation and Astral Seed. Congratulations, you're very high tier 3/low tier 2. Am I missing something? My only complaint about Psion is that they don't really have class features.
>>
>>44608368
>psion
>t3

What the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>44608408
They're not that fucking good unless you gun for item crafting cheese and don't abuse psychic reformation.
>>
>>44605378
Skills suck dicks so there's really no points to them, even the Unchained ones are shit aside from Perception and Profession if you exploit it. Sneak Attack is technically buffed, but still shit. Also, by RAW, it doesn't even apply to your target if you use Stealth to hide from them. Yet it'll apply if you're invisible!

Because being unseen isn't the same as being unseen, I guess.
>>
>>44608327
I haven't really put enough thought into it to make it super formal, but basically, Paizo martials have exactly one way to contribute in combat, namely damage, and aren't necessarily good at that. Rogue SA problems, monks having flurry of misses, melee not usually being able to move and full attack.

I have two main problems with Path of War. It has lots of options to contribute in combat, but almost no unique way to do stuff out of combat. It also has a few ways to trivialize combat. Silver Crane does give free healing if you're willing to throw an autistic shit-fit and start punching the ground repeatedly, or preferably waive that requirement. Elemental Flux does have a stance that lets you get alternate movement modes. Discipline skills and multiple disciplines per character do help encourage taking skills other than Perception. The problem is that it doesn't give you any new ways to use your skills out of combat.

As for trivializing combat, take Black Seraph. It's relatively simple to intimidate multiple opponents into panicked with some feat/maneuver investment. By itself, this doesn't trivialize combat, since there's plenty of things immune to intimidation, which makes you actually think about how to deal with them and take things not necessarily focused on intimidation. A Black Seraph feat lets you ignore immunity to your intimidation. Once you take that, you have no need to ever think about what to do, because with how fixed Intimidate DCs work you can just sit there and spam your I-win button and force all your enemies to run away from you, whether or not they're immune. A lot of the fault does lie with Paizo for making it easy to get high skill modifiers and having Intimidate rolls work against a fixed DC, but it's entirely Dreamscarred Press' fault for making a poorly-written system as abusable as this.

There's also the problem of too much damage at low levels, but that's already been extensively covered. Continued in next post, apparently.
>>
>>44608485
Skills are essentially. Particularly knowledge skills and shit like UMD (to cover casters you don't have) and appraisal (how else do you know what to sell your gear for?).
>>
>>44608473
They can do pretty much everything sorcerer's can. Psychic reinformation arguably pushes them to t1 at high levels when augmented.
>>
>>44608498

I see your point, although I will say alternate movement modes really shouldn't be a magic-only thing.

Is there ANY good reason martial classes, who fluffwise are supposed to be in way better shape than casters, don't get climb and swim speeds naturally as they level?
>>
Why is it that Mithral Current's flat-footing maneuvers don't actually scale up past 3rd level ones?
>>
>>44608516
No they really can't, because Discipline powers are the only "arcane tier" powers.

Seriously compare the fucking Psion/Wilder list to the Wizard/Sorc list.
>>
>>44608498
Iunno my DM lets me use maneuvers that ignore hardness to break doors and locks and things, that's out of combat use.
>>
>>44608558
>>44608498
Yeah but it's also an issue inherent to the game. It's ridiculously hard to engage in any serious non-combat challenge without spellcasting. There just aren't many avenues to engage the game like that, period.
>>
>>44608498
In short, yes, PoW classes are still tier 3, but that doesn't stop them from being broken, and people harping on how they're tier 3 is one of the main reasons why I hate people using any tier list as anything more than a rough indicator of narrative power. Multiple disciplines shit over combat, like a warder with Extended Defense using Scarlet Throne counters to make him untouchable.

There are counters, like grappling, dirty trick, or disarm, but they're either unreliable, so niche that they can't be extensively used without being a dick, or both. You could also make PoW enemies, but PoW is a pain to build for multiple NPCs per encounter.

Wizards are bad because they manage to disrupt the entire game, and the only counter is to take their stuff (spellbook) or throw other wizards at them. Initiators are bad because they manage to disrupt combat and the only counter is to take their stuff (disarm) or throw other initiators at them. It's certainly possible to build an initiator that won't shit all over combat, but it's also possible to make a wizard that won't shit all over the game. The problem is that the option exists.

tl;dr: PoW does next to nothing for martials out to combat and makes them so good in combat that it becomes a farce.

I admit I'm not an expert on PoW at all, so if I'm missing something that makes initiators less good at combat than I thought or I'm overestimating something or not noticing some stuff they can do out of combat, please do tell me.

>>44608536
Nope, not at all.

>>44608558
Okay, that's also something. Let's see what we have.
Healing from Crane.
Breaking stuff.
Flying/burrowing/swimming.

That's not really a lot of utility compared to the shit even a partial caster like bards or alchemists can do, let alone a wizard using planar binding, enchantment spells, or fabricate.

>>44608599
True, it is, but when I saw people trumpeting about how PoW fixed martials forever I got my hopes up and thought it had managed to fix it.
>>
>>44608630
Scent from Moon and Fury
See Invisibility from Moon
Teleport while moving from Moon style
Shortly become ethereal from Moon as well.
Flight, walking through walls, and iirc a couple more utility things from Grave.
Perma enduring elements from Flux
>>
>>44608630
You have a point, broken is a bit strong, but other than that I agree. I fucking cringe when people talk about how fucked Broken Blade and Thrashing Dragon are then turn around a fellate tactics described in your post.

I hope all of those things are addressed ultimately.

>I admit I'm not an expert on PoW at all, so if I'm missing something that makes initiators less good at combat than I thought or I'm overestimating something or not noticing some stuff they can do out of combat
Certain initiators/disciplines let the user read minds. And generally higher mental stats opens up some more options.
>>
>>44608712
Okay, that legitimately seems cool and I didn't know about that before. It seems like Moon is the utility discipline, then. Also, I don't want to move goalposts or something, but do you remember offhand what level they can get those? Because if you have to wait until 17 or something to get those then that's a lot less cool. Hopefully scent and perma endure elements are available pretty early, right?
>>
Out of curiosity, what WOULD be some ways to have utility that wasn't magic, specifically?

Mostly I hear improving skills, but I was wondering if anyone had some clearer ideas what would amount to GOOD nonmagical utility unrelated to combat.
>>
>>44608792
Rules change: Diplomacy now works on stone walls
>>
>>44608779
Scent from Moon and Fury at level 1
See Invisibility at 5
Teleport while moving at 3
Shortly become Ethereal at 5 (Ghostwalk)
Grave nets you walking through walls at 7, Fly+Undeath at 15
Perma Endure elements from Flux at 1
>>
>>44608630
There's a lot more than just movement, healing and breaking stuff. Teleportation, time manipulation, anti-incorporeal stuff, and a few other tricks if you're creative.

PoW is not magic, the tools are there to solve most puzzles you'll encounter but it's not a question of finding that one spell that does what you want. You have to look at the tools you're given and figure out how to apply them.
>>
>>44608630
And barbarians don't shit all over combat?
Wizards don't shit all over combat?
Clerics don't shit all over combat?
Druids don't shit all over combat?
Paladins don't shit all over combat?
Master summoners don't shit all over the table and forget fucking combat no one's getting a turn for another fucking hour what the fuck?
Even Alchemists, Bards and Magi can shit all over combat.

When everyone is broken in combat except for the classes so bad at what they do that they can't even shit all over combat, MAYBE the problem's not the classes, and is rather the combat system in itself.

And if you're stuck making classes for it, well you can either make ones that shit all over combat, or you can make utterly useless ones that no one can ever use.
>>
>>44608779
Depends, iirc Moon can get scent and ethereal movement around level 5 or so. It's pretty reasonably spread out.
>>44608870
My issue is that almost all of the super versatile disciplines are locked behind certain classes(E.Flux and Mystics), Lame traditions that might not mix well with fluff, or you have to burn a trait to get one.

It's gotten a little better with some of the archetypes, but still.
>>
>>44608889
That's the difference between TO and PO for Path of War. Theoretically, an initiator can do all kinds of crazy things, in reality they'll likely only have access to a few of those tricks.
>>
>>44608870
Okay but why is it possible to spam intimidate to panic literally everything including things normally immune to it? How is that a puzzle? Is "roll die to win" the kind of application you want from your tools?

>>44608885
>barbarians
>paladins
No. They can do lots of damage if they have the right situation, like a clear charge lane or evil outsiders as opponents. They need serious effort, investment, or both to be able to do that consistently. Unless you manage to always fight in an empty field with no obstacles or an army of demons they're not going to make combat effortless. Neither of them can get away with shenanigans like Black Seraph autowin or Scarlet Throne invulnerability.

>t1 casters shit on combat
Yes, t1 casters do shit on everything, what's your point? That doesn't make it acceptable to shit on combat, we all agree t1 classes are bad design.

I do take your point about the system being broken, but I don't feel it excuses things like, well, Black Seraph again.
>>
>>44608990
I was talking about out of combat utility, and responding to your post about the available out of combat options in Path of War.

To answer your question though, what level does that become available? How many different resources are invested into pulling off that trick? How does the payoff for the resources invested compare to what other classes can do at comparable level?

There are a plethora of "i win" buttons available in game. They're often easier to pull off than the black Seraph trick.

But if you want an example puzzle? What if I need to get a bunch of people to leave an area immediately? Using black Seraph I can send all the innocent bystanders running so they won't be in danger while I fight off the badguys.
>>
>>44608990
>Is "roll die to win" the kind of application you want from your tools?
For the most part, yes, I'd like the game mechanics to do the mechanical work
>>
>>44609184
I don't think a Black Seraph user would bother about the innocents though. Just open up with Circle of Razor Feathers and spam the intimidate from Glare, and pop up Style to get the AC bonus on top of that.
>>
>>44608990
Barbarians can fly in PF. They're not left in the dust when melee combat starts getting sorta complicated like they used to be, like Fighters and Monks are.
>>
>>44609247
That's up to the individual player though. I've played my fair share of antiheros and I took my name from a guy notorious for using the power of evil against evil. So to me, its not far fetched at all.

Note that the Black Thorn Knights (BS Martial Tradition) also don't require you to be evil.
>>
>>44609289

B-But the monk can fly!

Y-You just have to use chakras!

Everybody loves Chakras, right?
>>
>>44609184
>I was talking about out of combat utility, and responding to your post about the available out of combat options in Path of War.
Fair point, my bad.

>how much investment
Level 11 and six-plus feats, if I remember the build correctly. Again, a fair point, although suggesting a comparison to "other classes" is perhaps a bit broad. Wizards and rogues are hardly comparable to a well-balanced, for instance.

I don't think the example is perfectly suited, because that's not the full extent of what Black Seraph can do. It's a reasonable use, certainly, but unreasonable uses also exist.

I'll agree that I may have been overreacting. Thank you for your time and patience.

>>44609309
Isn't it ki?
>>
>>44609329
I like helping people learn about Path of War, so you're welcome.
>>
So out of curiousity, what do you guys consider your most successful pathfinder character, either in build/equipment or plot?
>>
>>44609771
>tfw foreverDM
>>
Let me get this straight, does the artifact destroying aspect of disjunction have to be specified or does the dispelling and item suppressing version also risk destroying artifacts?
>>
>>44609771
My first ever character I wanted to play a demon (A devil, actually, but I didn't know the difference at the time). And a paladin. I was a teenager at the time.

GM was that old jolly fat guy with a long beard that you seem to see at nearly every D&D table. GM said no, because 1) Demons LA was too high, and 2) Demons can't be paladins.

So we set off on our merry adventure with me as a human paladin and our group. Being the 'front line', I died, got ressed, and died again a lot.

As we neared the end of the campaign with us going to hell for *reasons*. A paladin in Hell had a bad time, but I managed to stay sneaky until we got to the local lord. Unmasked who I was, challenged him to a duel, then killed him in the opening round with a surprise holy sword to his stomach.

The party berated me for starting a fight in the middle of their court, but to our surprise, they instead kneeled before me, and crowned me their new King.

Turns out my character was a devil the entire time, with an LA adjustment to catch me up with the rest of the group. My teenage self was really happy.
>>
>>44609835
Campaign, then, or even setting/NPC.
>>
File: 1452091150098.jpg (158KB, 700x662px) Image search: [Google]
1452091150098.jpg
158KB, 700x662px
>>44607199
Please, expand on this idea that Harbinger doesn't work. I've got nothing but time tonight.
>>
>>44610062
Gareth, a question. If the Ravenlord's animal companion takes Martial Training and initiates a strike from his feat pool, does that still lock out the Ravenlord from initiating a strike on his turn?
>>
File: tieflinghammer.jpg (755KB, 1600x3289px) Image search: [Google]
tieflinghammer.jpg
755KB, 1600x3289px
>>44610019
That reminds me a lot of a character I heard about from a shared setting I've played in.

It's been going for 6 or 7 years with about as many campaigns.

There was a human paladin who despised devils on a deep and well, conceptual level, as you can guess. But his oaths and focus was on devils, not all fiends.

So his party was trapped in the abyss, and he needed out. So he made a deal with a succubus that he would fight in one battle for her if the party could plane shift out.

At the end of the campaign, the succubus (who turned out to be a demon lord of one of the shallow planes of the Abyss, Broken Reach), called in the favour. That favour was to fight one battle in the Blood War, a war without pause or end. Roughly 1,700 years later, my best reports are that he is still fighting, and is known only as 'the Fist of Broken Reach.'
>>
>>44610122
Correct. It also still triggers the other related abilities, like the Gloom.
>>
>>44610142
Additional question, about the Mystic's Anima Burn:
>Anima Burn: The mystic adds ½ her class level to damage rolls made during that maneuver. This augment costs two points of animus, and can only be applied once to a given maneuver.
Can a boost get augmented by this?
>>
>>44605305
bard into arcane archer, then use imbue arrows with blistering invective to add insult to injury.
>>
>>44608792
Actually that's easy, but requires a massive shift in how people see "mundane" classes; one that actually takes what's natural in the setting into account.

Evolution on and around Golarion has led to critters that burrow through solid rock. Critters that fly through space. Critters that phase through walls. Critters that go invisible. And so on and so forth. These are all things that can even be found as (EX) abilities, no less.

So why do adventurers all come from species where at MOST maybe you're a bit bigger or are able to cast a low level spell or two once a day? Where are the climb speeds? The water breathing? The exoskeletal shells or scales that slowly toughen up just like everything else with age categories or multiple CR variants or racial levels gets to? Where are the breath weapons, the lifters, the diamond claws, the diamond-claw second generations with that fucking plasma cannon in the chest, the natural cloakers, and so on?

Every single one of these things is a natural evolutionary path by things that can be just as (or more) intelligent and sentient as PC races.

Classes should certainly bring power and utility, but where magic brings on abilities you would not have otherwise, "martial" or "mundane" or "skill" classes, whatever you want to call them, should be doing what one would fucking expect from constant training and refining of the body: Reinforcing and improving what you're already born with.

That way fighters would learn to use two-handed weapons while climbing their gigantic foes, because fuck it, when 500lbs is just "kinda awkward to march with all day long", you get yourself some cleats and fucking PLANT yourself in that dragon. Why shouldn't a rogue be learning to phase-stab shit to death, or to capitalise on his natural cloaking or blinking or whatever? Why are all bards singing and poems and dance and shit, when they could be spreading pheromone boosts across their allies and ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL?

None of it's magic.
>>
>>44609302
It still bugs me that Black Thorn Knights doesn't allow a good character like the Hellknights do. Is it particularly unbalancing in your opinion to change the requirements from LN/LE/NE to be LG/LN/LE instead?
>>
>>44610207
Yes.

>>44610221
The restriction is flavor-based, not balance-based. That in mind, remember that using Seraph maneuvers is an evil act, and do as thou wilt.

On a related note, the reason the Black Thorns don't allow Good characters is because their belief system encourages evil and, maybe more importantly, espouses that evil leads to a more ordered and stable society.
>>
>>44610062
Gareth, what's Deirdre's 3 sizes?
>>
File: DC2g.jpg (49KB, 640x498px) Image search: [Google]
DC2g.jpg
49KB, 640x498px
>>44610213
>I see what you did there
>>
>>44610221
Just use Unorthodox Method.
>>
>>44610299
Um. Her what now?
>>
>>44610319
Vaginal depth, anal circumference, and height, DUH
>>
>>44610319
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bust/waist/hip_measurements
>>
>>44610350
Oh. Um. Honestly, fuck if I know? I tend to think in adjectives for that kinda thing. Deirdre grew up in the ruling family of a drow house as the daughter they had to keep occupied (drow succession being a bitch and all) and had/has a career and skill set that encourages her to be acrobatic, athletic, and agile.

So between always having enough to eat, vigorous physical training and the self-discipline practiced as part of both her martial & psionic regimen, she's lithe without being thin, pleasantly curvy and possibly a bit understated. Not that most of her current companions can tell, considering her habit of sleeping in armor.
>>
>>44610478
So you're saying we need to find out ourselves, then. By marrying a drow.
>>
>>44610511
Brah I'm still trying to figure out why the fuck anyone even asked. Like. Legitimately, why do those three numbers matter and why are they being sought in relation to Deirdre?

Also do I look like a tailor, nutritionist, or plastic surgeon? Why the fuck would I even know?
>>
>>44610546
it's cuz they want to bone her.
>>
>>44610546
I envy your innocence, Gareth.
>>
>>44610546
>>44610572
Soul Knife, Augmented Blade
AB doesn't replace the first level feat. However
>The soulknife may choose Power Attack, Two-Weapon Fighting, or Weapon Focus (mind blade) as a bonus feat at 1st level.
Does Weapon Focus (Mind Blade) count towards the Augmented Blade when it's merged with a weapon?

There's currently no 'ranged' option if Augmented Blade decides to use a Bow.
>>
File: 1439438249889.png (542KB, 925x1436px) Image search: [Google]
1439438249889.png
542KB, 925x1436px
>>44610546
>Like. Legitimately, why do those three numbers matter and why are they being sought in relation to Deirdre?
Fanart and fictions, of course. Don't you want accurate drawings?
>Why the fuck would I even know?
She's your character, her measurements are important. That's like playing a cleric and going "uuuh, I dunno, tallish and heavyset" when asked about his weight and height.
>>
>>44610546

>made a drow waifu
>doesnt know her most important stats

Fucking casual
>>
>>44610666
you are getting better
you are drawing her/them naked then adding clothes after aren't you? If not, you should. It really helps with learning.
>>
>>44610666
W-why would the height of the healslut be important?
>>
File: 1443859396470.png (111KB, 600x617px) Image search: [Google]
1443859396470.png
111KB, 600x617px
>>44610701
It's not me who's the artist, I'm just posting the art as an example as to why knowing your character's measurements is important.
>>44610724
Tall and Heavyset sounds more like a Friar Tuck or a discount paladin to me than a healslut, anon.
>>
>This thread
Quit being creepy fucks
>>
>>44610791
Some want to marry a Drakainia, and at least two people want to marry a Goetic. There is no hope.
>>
>>44610791
>not taking the opportunity to harrass gareth
Look, even >>44610572 elric is doing it
>>
>>44610859
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em
>>
>>44610666
>>44610697
>>44610757
Let me rephrase; my mental images do not come with tape measures, and they're not about to any time soon, especially considering that busting out technical numbers is the character-description version of "and then he put his thing in her place".

I gave what I've got, so unless you're looking for a detailed descriptive passage (in which case you're gonna wait, I've got shit to do tonight), that's it. That's what I got for ya.
>>
>>44610873
>>44610916
pls respond (or let me know you're looking into it) >>44610586
I want to shoot real arrows from my psychic bow, and I can't combine soul bolt with augmented blade
>>
>>44610873
>>44610873
>beat 'em
BEATINGS? WE'RE DOING BEATINGS NOW?
>>
Human are ape right? Can I say my ape animal companion is a human?
>>
>>44610990
Wow, technology sure is great.
>>
>>44610991
Only if he's <3 int
Did you think I was going to say black?
>>
God I hate magic items in this game. Way to make something that should be amazing and special boring and tedious.
>>
File: behave.png (346KB, 1026x498px) Image search: [Google]
behave.png
346KB, 1026x498px
Man what the fuck. I think it might be worth noting that measurements never come up at the table; measurements only come up in character art. Maybe a couple jokes here and there consequently, but generally nothing comes of it. Hell, I don't have many numbers set in place for my characters either, but typically height can lay on enough of a foundation.

>>44610701
I always draw the characters naked before clothed. And I think it might be worth noting that the image there is over seven or so months old. However, I'm having a weird time with finalizing a couple character designs at the moment; I might just harass /pfg/ to help me settle on a fitting color pallet for an upcoming cohort.
>>
>>44610586
What you do is you make a double arm-mounted ranged weapon that does d6 with the 19-20 or x3 crit type you prefer, and take two-weapon fighting.

Its ammunition is grains of sand and its loading is you-dumb-fucks-finally-for-once-forgot-to-make-the-ranged-version-of-a-new-option-complete-shit-even-though-its-not-a-longbow-so-fuck-you-my-loading-is-none

Later on get more arms and a second weapon just like it and now you're quadwielding.

Maybe toss in multibolt.
>>
Speaking of Augmented Blade, Gareth, was "Improved Psicrystal Augment" ever clarified?

You may remember that bladeskill as the "what the fuck did I just read" reaction you got last time I asked about it.
>>
So

For Steelforge non-magical enhancement stuff

If you have max ranks in the +Damage nonmagical thing, for +6, and you have a +3 magical sword with flat enhancement bonuses, how's that total up? Since the cost is tracked seperately in it's entirety, and scales up like magic creation costs, it just stacks up to +9, right?
>>
>>44611233
As I originally written it, yes.
As Psybomb has it, no idea.
>>
>>44609771
Gentleman thief.

Buildwise, he was a successful Batman Wizard (Well, Arcane Trickster, but still). Had an answer for every situation - said answer was "Magic Missile with Sneak Attack and Metamagic Riders", else look through his spellbooks and prep something in 15 minutes.

He was also successful personally. By the end of the campaign, he had a stately manor in the heart of Tianjing, a qt3.14 Aasimar waifu with a ring on her finger, and about 20 million GP worth of Chelish Gold stolen right from the Imperial Vaults in Egorian.
>>
>>44611233
You'd have +6, as they're both enhancement bonuses to damage.
>>
>>44611259
Might want to change the actual bonus type to it, then. Or just make it untyped.
>>
Ok, so can someone help me. I talked in last thread that I needed to be protect a VIP in a level 15 PvP game.

Here is the game description:
>You're in a city with some objective.
>Your VIP is essential yo this objective
>The VIPs know of each other IV
>You have a vague idea of what everyone else is doing through some supernatural means
>You can not leave the city
>If your VIP dies you lose
>You lose if you blow your cover (the operation needs to be relatively secret)
>You win if you complete the objective
>You win if all other VIPs die
>Actions are done by everyone writing them out then revealing simultaneously

I am planning on being a Raven Lord Harbinger focusing on Cursed Razor, Eternal Guardian, and Shattered Mirror. Do you think I should grab something else because it seems I am very good at debuffing but don't have quite enough to defend my VIP. Possibly Iron Tortoise?

Any recommended maneuvers I should pick up to ensure the VIP's safety? or items I should pick up? From talking to other players most people seem to be offensively minded. I am thinking of being defensive. I'll present a dangerous and risky target so as to discourage them attacking me, then wait until others have expended resources.

Any specific items you guys think I should grab? Or specific spells in scrolls? I am thinking of spending a lot of time in public places since they will be hard pressed to force a fight out in public (since they'll expose themselves and lose).

I'm already planning for a permanencied status and that one amulet that gives breath of life on death.
>>
>>44611344
If it's enhancement bonus, I'd imagine it's intentional that they don't stack. You get damage and accuracy from one side, and then special abilities from the other, or something.
>>
File: lethal.png (7KB, 617x42px) Image search: [Google]
lethal.png
7KB, 617x42px
>>44611344
As I originally had it. Like I said, I have no idea what Psybomb is doing with it.
>>
>>44611379
This. I was getting Issues when I was letting them stack up, so I had to break it for balance. Might change in the future, but for now they are both Enhancement
>>
>>44611366
Easiest thing is to just realize that the easiest way to completing the objective is for all the PCs to team up and kill their own VIPs and team up to gank the VIPs of those who don't play along.
>>
>>44611425
>Issues
But you weren't, though. You're paying for a considerable amount of bonus, you should GET that bonus. If it doesn't stack together, then as has been said before repeatedly, there's never going to be a point to it given that almost every other option the non-magical enhancements stuff adds is crap. CMB maneuvers with a penalty tacked on for no reason? Crappy action-economy depriving shit that doesn't add much? There's no reason for it to be like it is.

>>44611401
If you can just like, post the entire original doc wholesale, that'd be great. Not trying to hate on DSP here since generally you fuckers are great, but every time I see this dude posting I /love/ the shit he was doing, and then I look at what got added to steelforge and it just makes me sad.
>>
File: 78b.gif (2MB, 566x265px) Image search: [Google]
78b.gif
2MB, 566x265px
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2t81v&page=last?Why-do-people-presume-undead-template-means

Day of the Rope soon brothers, even the pathfinder forum scrubs are starting to realize that all undead always evil is a crock of shit.
>>
>>44611425
As is they're really not worth taking, just to note. Every + of magic lets you bypass more DR types AND gives that + to accuracy AND gives that + to damage.

But it might be best to accept that in a way, and make the accuracy and damage different/more-economical in some fashion.

Gotta be at least a little more efficient though if they're split. "Same cost, half as good" just doesn't get taken after all.
>>
File: FeelTheBern.png (539KB, 575x870px) Image search: [Google]
FeelTheBern.png
539KB, 575x870px
I want to build a spiritualist. Is Fear or Despair the better way to build a character both spooky and scary?
>>
>>44611545
Apathy, through taking another class.
"Yeah I was gonna be a spiritualist, but by the time we started apprenticeship I realized just how much shit my teacher had to go through for really little gain..."
>>
>>44611496
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11PB2diPJRaIQjwWeycsI4CjMHo9orpGa0K_BaUjvKWM/edit?usp=sharing
Here you are mate. I haven't updated it in forever, though. I know that some of the unarmed weapon (Armored Gauntlet, Bodywraps) need to be moved into the light category.
>>
>>44611456
I do not understand, with the VIPs dead you can't complete the objective. That would be a lost condition for everyone.
>>
>tfw keep ruining campaigns

how do i stop being so terrible
>>
>>44611620
Tell a way you ruined a game.
>>
>>44611545
DESPAIR, FOR THE PARTY WIZARD IS THE END OF DAYS
>>
>>44611631
>level 10 rouge
>go shopping since finally enough cash for the weapon I wanted
>attempted to haggle the price a little
>get sent on task to retrieve a relic
>try to use relic and get sent to hell
>next 40 minutes is me finding a way out of hell while friends sit around at laugh at me
>die

we agreed after this never happened and just restarted from the previous day
>>
>>44611690
Um. That sounds like your DM's a shit.
>>
>>44611690
That sounds like your GM's fault more than your own.
>>
>>44611701
u are a shit
did you hear the part about "everyone laughing"
people had fun, it was a nice diversion, and you don't have any friends
>>
>>44611721
fuck off chris i wanted to play shadowrun
>>
>>44611690
Using the relic and getting sent to hell was your own fault, your gm is a bitch for retconning it.
>>
Are the Pathfinder comics worth reading?
>>
>>44611751
I mean, having no indication it would send only him to hell would be a bit of a dick move. If he knew it was gonna happen what ever, but it was just:
>go on shopping trip
>guy says he'll give me a deal if I grab him this thing
>hell
Then it's a tad silly. Especially if it was only him, that was just a forced party split with no real purpose.
>>
>>44611785
>silly
>bad
>>
>>44611800

... Uh, yeah. Silly lolrandom shit kills immersion and in this case, it sounds like it singled one guy out to ruin the session of for no reason at all.
>>
>>44611769
Depending on how you play the game, some scenes may or may not make you cringe.
>Ezren and Seoni constantly whacking at things with their staves/rods.
>Wasting their spells in the most horribly inefficient manner
>DBZ tier gasping at the most mundane of things ("*GASP* He cast the shield spell!")

Aside from that I suppose the characterizations of the Iconics arent so bad.
I wish the art was better though
>>
>>44611800
I don't personally like lolrandum content. You're free to, but I would not enjoy playing with you.

I like to play in and run fairly grounded games. Randomly sending people to hell then retconning it seems like they're playing a looser more "lel what ever bruh" style of game. It's not wrong, just really not my cup of tea.
>>
>>44611785
>Ask to fetch mcguffin
>USE mcguffin
>Get surprised when a bad thing happens

Sorry anon, but the lolrandumb was you.
>>
>>44611751
>>44611721
>>44611690
>>44611800
>>44611877
>cucкolds detected
Smite Evil.
>>
>>44611579
I have more stuff from there getting ready to go onto Playtest, more materials and a couple of the items. Should be up by Sunday (stupid work...)

We are discussing the Item Enhancement thing internally. Couple of ways to take it, if I can get direct thoughts from you guys. Biggest problem right now is that it's trying to be too many different things.

1) Make it a full-on magic replacement
2) Make it a series of Cool Stuff meant to be grabbed to supplement your play styles.

These will end up dramatically different in the end, and trying to split the difference is not turning out well. I want this thing to /live/, and once that basis is set I can move on to adding more and polishing it.
>>
>>44611877
that guy isn't me, but we never actually saw the artifact ever again, even when i stopped at the same shop later to buy the mithral dagger at the normal price
>>
>>44611769
They're just your bog standard adventure comics. Nothing particularly special about them.
>>
>>44611877
It wasn't the mcguffin, it was something he was sent to get while on a fucking shopping trip. If it was part of the adventure, sure, but if some random shop owner gets you sent to hell in your down time then yes, it's a bit stupid.

>>44611898
>cuckold meme
Seriously, fuck off.
>>
>>44611915
I like option 2 better. Magic can stay, but we don't have cool things to do. Make sure you keep the poison injector thing though.
>>
>>44611915
Why does it need to replace magic?
>>
>>44611952
Begone, evildoer.
>>
>>44611976
Because it originally was written as an option for people who didn't want magic, I thought?
>>
>>44610836
I'll settle for taking Valeros as my waifu.
>>
What book has gunslingers?I can't fucking find it
>>
>>44611976
Doesn't need to, but that's the inevitable comparison point. I can't balance attack and damage buffs distinctly from Magic when the original does so much. Things like that.

>>44611989
Not true, unless I misinterpreted it badly. It always was meant to work separately, thus the original rules governing prices for weapons combining them.
>>
File: 1438501871867.jpg (328KB, 1000x1415px) Image search: [Google]
1438501871867.jpg
328KB, 1000x1415px
>>44611860
Honestly, I don't understand an awful lot of retconning.

Even if someone messes up and dies from messing with something they shouldn't have, sit down with that person after others have left, and detail either their resurrection or quest to escape from the afterlife, depending on circumstances.

Or get a new character if they don't care/are satisfied.
>>
>>44611915
Define "Cool Stuff"

Also, it's never going to be a magic replacement. Never. The only way to have it actually do that is to make it do the same shit but be non-magical. You can /try/ to make it a replacement, but it's not what people want, and it's not what functions.

It needs to do this shit:

-Be actually useful. Provide usable bonuses. Actually add something that people want or will make use of. The current Minor enhancements, Hyperdense, and Durable are decent. The +damage and +accuracy ones are kinda crap because they don't stack with magic, because you need +6 cost equivalent sunk in to get a crappy amount of bonus, and all the CMB-maneuver related ones are crap because it's a several thousand gold property to get a crappy effect, once per round, at a penalty to something that's already hard to do.

-Actually have a cost that's representative of what they do. Pretty much what it says on the tin. +3 equivalent cost is not equal to 1/round bullrush. Not even remotely close.

-Actually stack with magic, because seriously, you will never see a game that ignores magic entirely. The beastiaries all assume that you're getting magic weapons and armor and shit. Unless your non-magical system is duplicating the DR-bypass stuff, or giving really hefty ass benefits to outweight the loss of magic stuff, it cannot legitimately replace it.

-Needs to not be restricted to almost entirely melee-only. Seriously, we get it, ranged is strong. It's not strong enough to merit cutting out an entire subsystem from being usable by them.
>>
>>44612034
GMs do it a lot when they go "lel this would be funny" than go "well, now I put him in a situation where he is no longer in the story". It's when GMs write themselves into a corner and don't want to involve a new character.
>>
File: Feedback Squee.jpg (92KB, 500x477px) Image search: [Google]
Feedback Squee.jpg
92KB, 500x477px
>>44605293
>Well, I'll toss some playtesting at you:
Pic related!

>So far the wording of Ars Goetia, it's a bit confusing. I've taken it to be "any feat chain dependent on one of the listed feats" whereas other people at the table have been questioning if it should be just feats that directly require it.

>EG: For Psychokinesis I took Martial Training I and II, there was some debate if it meant I could also take Martial Training III, IV, V, and VI at later levels.
Yup, was worried about that. It's the whole chain. I've added an example to the doc to make it clearer.

Note that this is one of the problems with Ars Goetia that may see it replaced, either by some kind of bonus feat mechanism on the goetic itself or a series of different feats that each give something specific to each horror.

>Telekinetic Crush is solid as a damage bonus, but the rider never kicks in because I'm never fighting enemies that don't fight back, it's been great on this build, but the rider has been somewhat pointless.
The point of the rider is to encourage dudes to hit you, and not your allies. If they're always attacking you, then mission accomplished.

>Energetic Aura is really solid, but it gets confusing when it doesn't correspond to my active energy type from Elemental Flux (which I had taken with Martial Training)
Ultimately, Elemental Flux and psionic active energy are incompatible, and the final version of Elemental Flux is, I believe, going to be explicit about it.

Also, Psychokinesis doesn't care about your active energy anyway. You can the aura at will.
>>
>>44611989
The intent was that it was either mundane or magical, but never mutually exclusive. If you wanted both, you paid extra, that's all.

At lower levels, you don't have enough gold for it, but at higher levels, you might want a build that requires enchantments and complexity. I don't have any desire to prevent people from making weird stuff like +1 Fiery Burst/Protect Design 3 Armored Fists.
>>
>>44611989
If it was, then that's Bad. It should be a relatively cheap, likely flat-cost system that provides useful benefits. None of the stuff that it does even remotely justifies ANY sort of scaling-costs to it, or that weird ass %-based cost increase that it did before. Not one bit.
>>
>>44612089
>>44605293
>Energy Rage is a nice, if odd ability, it ends up conflicting with the bonus on Telekinetic Crush, as it's a pretty OK tool for punishing an enemy for hitting something other than you.
Again, the goal is to punish attacking your allies.

>Psychokinetic Crush briefly allowed me to keep up with the barbarian for damage (I had pounce from another source)
Sounds like it's working exactly as intended.

>Energy Arena: Shahrazad? Shahrazad.
Yeeerp.

>Psychokinetic Sphere is a really solid ability, but 1/day at level 16 is... not stellar? Obviously too strong for at will.
Yeah, awkward. I'll come up with something there. I love telekinetic sphere too much not to. Probably keep it 1/day just for consistency with other horrors.

>And I haven't reached the capstones yet to test either. I'll post results with other spirits later, I've mainly been using Psychokinesis.
Sounds awesome. Are you specialized?
>>
So /pfg/ are all the undead in your games evil?
>>
>>44612091
Yeah, but the thing is, that "Paying extra" part is fucking retarded. The mundane stuff doesn't do that much, a lot of it adds actions that you need to do to activate it which makes it shit, and none of the benefits are actually useful enough to bother doing that.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (71KB, 655x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
71KB, 655x800px
>>44612085
I know, but I see an awful lot of 'death is the end' in fantasy games where death really doesn't need to be the end for heroes.

I know it's just lazy handling of plot, but there's a lot of opportunity there, if they're not afraid to involve outsiders.
>>
>>44612131
This. I'd rather see a set of cheap stuff to add to weapons, like wand chambers, alchemical stuff, or smaller abilities like the combat maneuver things, than things like keen, bonus damage, or an increased crit multiplier or the like.
>>
>>44612082
>>44612131
Awesome, this will be taken into account as I work on it. Time is short, but i think going for flat-priced cool features is the way to go. Will also be expanding fluff to add as much as possible to ranged weapons and ammo.

I'll be back in a couple of hours, keep it coming!
>>
Need help anons. I want to run a Presidential Candidate themed campaign and want builds for the candidates (both Democratic and Republican). Let's say ~7th level. All paizo + PoW available.
>>
>>44612121
Yes, but not all of them are jerks about it.

You ever had that one friend who's misanthropic, never brings snacks, and has at least once threatened to kill you, but talks smoothly enough to keep you around and always has great stories to tell?

That guy you hate, but could never hate enough to stop hanging out with?

That's a lich.
>>
>>44612121
Ok, this would get me into a lot of lore stuff for my setting. I created a new subtype of outsider. Essentially they are neutral outsiders semi-native to everywhere. They embody concepts and are born from the minds of things beings. This means they exist for fucking EVERYTHING, ranging from emotions (love/hate/sadness), nations, objects, ideas, species, and more.

Some of the first to exist was Life and Death, as they began during the creation of the ordered universe. Life and Death both however were killed fairly recently, just over twelve hundred years ago. They were killed by mortals in an attempt to make contact with these outsiders. The contact elevated several men to godhood and ended draining both Life and Death to nothing.

Now that they were gone life and death as concepts began to unravel. Resurrection magic became possible, and Necromancy as a concept was invented by a brilliant mind who found out about the whole affair.

Undead occur naturally, meaning the dead will simply rise on occasion. This occurs in cycles as energies build up. These undead are neutral, they eat their fill then slumber then eat again. They stay in a place and repeat tasks (sometimes seemingly for no reason, sometimes things they did while alive).

The Melneer is an order that arose during the fall of The Garden (long story, it's complicated), and they have a lot of international treaties and rights that allow them to protect the world from the undead. They can demand military support, go into a town and demand money/resources/conscripts, and more.

So, sort answer, yes neutral undead exist, undead are only neutral. They are par the course of how the world now functions.
>>
>>44612232
LG Paladin, CG Bard and a stereotypical CN Barbarian run for office.
You decide who's who but it'd be better to make up parties that belong to them.
>>
>>44612131
>Combat maneuvers & Grapple can be used in conjunction with a damaging attack
>Weapons that boost AC and count as shields
>DR Ignoring

I do read your complaints, though, about the pricing. The original document erred on the side of expensive, and hasn't been updated since.
>>
File: 1442276973791.jpg (247KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1442276973791.jpg
247KB, 750x1000px
>>44612121
I had an entire undead party, and...yeah, we tried to explain a lot away, but just because we resolved some things peacefully, or occassionally showed mercy.

We still had to kill to live. I would say at best we were morally grey, at worst we were evil by necessity.

Not that we didn't get good things done.
>>
>>44612195
To be fair, Keen should never have been a magical property in the first place. Shit like Keen or the other magical stuff that could reasonably be mundane, SHOULD be mundane.

>>44612221
Basically, try and think when you make the stuff, "If I was a player and my GM told me that I could make use of this content, would I consider this a good use of my money? Would I think it's over or under costed?"

The CMD-maneuver stuff should probably be somewhere in the like 500-2,000g range or so, and the penalty shouldn't be there.

>>44612273
DR ignoring that scales poorly and requires a +5 equivalent weapon cost-wise. If it was less expensive, then yeah sure that'd be fucking great, but as-is, heeeeell no.

>Maneuvers with a penalty, 1/rnd
See above part of the post

>Weapon shields
Wait what? I think I missed that part. Where was it?
>>
>>44612323
>Weapon shields
Protective design - A defensive addition to a weapon, this often comes in the form of a reinforced hand guard or a widened blade, oft used to catch and deflect attacks. Each level of this modifier increases the weight by 5% and grants the wielder of the weapon +1 shield AC (Or increases an existing shield AC by that amount). A weapon with this modifier also counts as a Shield for all intents and purposes. A person may only benefit from one protective design at a time. Max 3 upgrades. [1,000gp base]
>>
>>44612266
I meant more like:

Ted Cruz: LE Dhampir Cleric (Evangelist) of Zaebos

or

Bernie Sanders: CG Halfling Bard (Demagogue)
>>
>>44612378

Or

Chris Christie: Half-Orc Barbarian
>>
>>44612221
Oh. Another thing.

I know that default-PF doesn't do this, but seriously man, you have magic items in that book with like DC13 saves on a once-per-day ability. At MINIMUM that needs to be something like 10+1/2 the users level+Stat+Total Equivalent Enhancement bonus of item.

Also, a non-magical way to combine two materials with a weapon. Inlays/fillagree or something. Have it cost something like 5k+1.5x the material cost to add it on

>>44612373
Oh, you meant the old doc. Though yeah that's actually a pretty neat enhancement.
>>
File: ocular_halo_by_ralphhorsley.jpg (187KB, 900x668px) Image search: [Google]
ocular_halo_by_ralphhorsley.jpg
187KB, 900x668px
>>44612378
Include a media outlet run by Abaddar.
> Detect evil
>>
>>44612401

Hillary: NE Android Charlatan Rogue
>>
>>44612266
>I stand for the safety of our great nation!
>I stand for the liberty of we, the citizens!
>KILGRATH STANDS FOR STRONG CHILDBEARING MOTHERS
>>
>>44612259
What?
>>
>>44612447
>KILGRATH
How does he feel about womens rights?
>>
>>44612439
>not serpent folk transmutation wizard

So close
>>
>>44612378
Donald Trump: Chaotic Good Warlord
Traits:
>Memorable
>Fate's Favored
>>
File: 1434775380116.png (55KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1434775380116.png
55KB, 625x626px
>>44612501
>>
>>44612485
>pic related
>>
>>44612468
STRONGLY
>>
>>44612485
Not reptoid?
>>
>>44612121
Mindless undead are evil to a certain church. The rest are just misguided, or were evil in life.
>>
>>44612559

I was going to go with lizardfolk but then I remembered serpent folk like to disguise themselves and infiltrate the surface world

>>44612521
my sides
>>
>>44612577
I mean these guys.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/humanoids/reptoid
>>
>>44612424
Which item DCs seem low to you? We have been actively trying to avoid that exact issue, it's one we dislike intensely.

Alloys/Filigree and Wand Chambers are planned, was waiting on this particular conversation before plotting how to implement
>>
>>44612736
Is it still too late to request stuff?
I want a magic item that allows me to duplicate poisons times/day
I also want poisons to scale upwards and not be ass
I also want drugs
>>
File: 1441685107095.jpg (257KB, 1200x647px) Image search: [Google]
1441685107095.jpg
257KB, 1200x647px
>>44612841
I actually agree with this.

Poisons have unfortunately been mostly ass, and perhaps certain items could interact favourably with delivery systems, like increasing the DC by pumping it quickly.
>>
>>44612882
I've long wanted to do a 3.x port where the rogue focuses on poisons as its thing. Automatic poisons as class features, as a way of delivering a variety of effects rather than just HP damage.

Just one of those idle thoughts we all have, I'm sure, on how I'd "do it better." Not likely to sit down and write up a system anytime soon.
>>
>>44612521
A medusa would make a great secretary of state. The knowledge that your counterpart could just lift her veil and turn you to stone with a glance would probably be an asset in negotiations with foreign diplomats.
>>
>>44612841
I like most of the ideas, and it is nowhere NEAR too late. Staying away from drugs, for obvious reasons (universal NOPENOPENOPENOPE from the staff), but I'll put the others in the queue to hash out
>>
>>44612378

Mike Huckabee: NE Inquisitor (Preacher) of Ruapceras (Inner Sea Gods)
>>
>>44612121
Yes. Except for the special snow flake mary sue redeem vampire waifu
>>
>>44612841
> Drugs

To echo and expand on Psybomb's statement, there's nothing we could do with drugs that would be both respectful and balanced. No one wants to work on it, no one's comfortable working with it, and a few of us have had relatives die or get hurt, badly, from things like overdoses and alchoholism.

It ain't happenin', and while I'm sorry in the sense that I like delivering what my readers want, I'm also kinda not sorry.
>>
>>44612003
Ultimate Combat
>>
>>44613002

I would love a class or archetype themed around poisons with the ability to implant either maneuvers, powers, or spells into them. If the creature fails its saves or after a certain amount of time, the poison "activates" and wreaks havoc on them from the inside. And vice-versa (infusing your spells/maneuvers/whatever with poisons).

Also, offensive mithriditism would be cool somehow.
>>
>>44612952
The biggest issue, is that they go away after one usage.

That really doesn't make any sense to me.
>>
>>44612736
The Shining property, specifically. DC 13 1/day Blindness IF you get hit by an attack.

Also, seriously, fucking love the Hollow property and stuff that helps Poisons.

Personal recommendation for an item would be some sort of a thing that gives you the ability to generate X doses of a poison/alchemical item per day, to sorta do the whole gear-belt thing.

http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Bag_Full_of_Knick_Knacks_%283.5e_Feat%29

Something sorta vaguely like that, except, y'know, official.
>>
>>44613046
How about poisons that grant benefits then?
>>
Is medium how it was in the beginning yet?
>>
>>44612736
Alright, making a list

Charming Armor Property, DC 11
Grasping Weapon Property, DC 16
Shining Armor Property, DC 13
Any of the CMB-maneuver stuff that's just way too low and too limited
>>
>>44613046
That's understandable, you want people working within the bounds of what's comfortable.

Especially when it's essentially prescribing and writing benefits for what hurt people close to you.
>>
>>44613258
Poison inversion bane mask.
>>
>>44613521
Speaking of which, how are the Errantx gofundme commissions going? And the DSP patreon thing? Is that a thing I can spend money on monthly for releases on some sort of actual schedule yet?
>>
>>44613521
Can it come with increasing your size by one step?
>>
>>44613577
We're getting things sorted. Keep your eyes peeled for announcements.

>>44613595
Nope, sorry.
>>
File: Bane-from-The-Dark-Knight-Rises.jpg (87KB, 1000x613px) Image search: [Google]
Bane-from-The-Dark-Knight-Rises.jpg
87KB, 1000x613px
>>44613665
I'M CRASHING THIS THREAD
WITH NO SURVIVORS
>>
Hey guys, it's that annoying anon again with more soulknife questions.

Our campaign is starting at level 3. I plan to go with the war soul archetype (and its updates from Psionics Augmented). Is it worth it to also take the Armored Blade archetype, or just to take the Psychokinetic Armor blade skill and get (very slightly nerfed) Mind Armaments that way?

Also I plan on rolling with 18 Strength but not use a 2-handed weapon. Am I really wasting that much potential when I have maneuvers to back me up? I mean, I guess I'd be down 4-6 points of damage on average, but in exchange I'll probably (at least to start with) be using Scarlet Einhander for the extra d6 and a bit of extra survivability.
>>
>>44614416

You should be fine if you've got maneuvers.
>>
File: 1443122543690.jpg (145KB, 628x1273px) Image search: [Google]
1443122543690.jpg
145KB, 628x1273px
So when is PoW2 planned on being released?

I hear it'll be likely a little less concerned, based on the playtest. I should get the final copy before approaching my GM.
>>
>>44613716
Daily reminder that we commissioned a Big Guy discipline from DSP.
>>
>>44614527
A discipline or a class?
>>
>>44614543
Discipline, I think.
>>
File: 1439660496937.png (468KB, 1041x703px) Image search: [Google]
1439660496937.png
468KB, 1041x703px
>>44614522
>concerning
Compared to the first one, I mean. Woops.
>>
>>44614527
>>44614543
>>44614567
it was a class
along with embarressed princess class
>>
>>44614600
Pretty much. I'd wait for it to be released.
>>
>>44614604
Explain.
Does it get mutagen? rage?
>>
>>44614851
It crashes through planes.
>>
I want to marry a cacodaemon!
>>
>>44614931
In Soviet Russia...
>>
>>44614972
With No Survivors
>>
>>44614971
>300 years later
>Daemon-blooded Tiefling Sorc with Daemon bloodline goes to check his family tree
>expecting an Astradaemon or Erodaemon or something
>nope, Cacodaemon
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1441768734591.jpg (371KB, 1357x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1441768734591.jpg
371KB, 1357x1920px
>>44615032
Cacodaemons are basically the cash machines of the daemon world. Bring 'em along to a battle and the little bugger basically vomits up money.

Handy trick for a sorcerer.
>>
File: 1429612031236.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1429612031236.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>44615032
I don't know why this amused me so much
>>
>>44614971
Aren't cacodaemons basically flying onaholes with a food processor instead of a throat?
>>
>>44615116

Yes. And they barf up money
>>
File: Meowth.full.1327638.jpg (187KB, 508x604px) Image search: [Google]
Meowth.full.1327638.jpg
187KB, 508x604px
>>44615141
There are worse fates.
>>
>>44614494
I plan on taking ones that I like, but are there options for blade skills considered better than others, or (inversely) trap options?
>>
>>44615428
Ghost Step is amazing when you eventually get it.
>>
>>44615468
Is that similar to the ninja trick of the same name?
>>
>>44615505
That ninja looks so much like he's going to trip and fall on his face.
>>
>>44615505
No, it's short-ranged tactical teleportation, that can eventually be upgraded into a pseudopounce. It's also a prerequisite to Cleave Space later, which is like Dim Door.
>>
>>44615526
I always figured the right leg was positioned so it could press off the railing to launch himself further.

Though he is a 'Still Wind' so I have no idea how it works.
>>
>>44615576
And this one looks like his thumb is digging around in a wound in his arm.
>>
>>44615609
I believe he's painting blood in a streak down his arm.
>>
File: galo sengen blast.gif (346KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
galo sengen blast.gif
346KB, 480x360px
R8 my homebrew race ideas!

>A Medium Plant race that changes with the seasons, represented by having different SLA's in different seasons/environments and changing appearance slightly. Tenative name of "Deciduins."

>Medium Humanoids most common in Varisia (specifically, Old Shalast) - the result of those restored from Flesh To Stone after so long that they've forgotten their original lives and still have some stone-like traits (maybe instead of DEX providing a bonus to their AC at all, they get CON to AC and Hardness as a daily pool of temporary hit points?)

>Small Abberations born when some idiot decided to animate a whole art museum's worth of paintings.
>>
Gonna play Wrath of the Righteous as a paladin. Any suggested archetypes? Never played a paladin before so I'm not sure what builds to go for. Only thing banned is initiating and psionics, most other third party is okay.
>>
>>44615526
A real ninja would have extreme control of his body and expend the least amount of energy possible while moving as precisely as he is able. He lifts his leg only enough to know that he will clear the hurdle and able to position himself for his next movement.
>>
>>44615729
Avoid archetypes as a paladin - they're almost universally shit, and the base paladin is actually really decent.
>>
>>44615855
I was looking at Mind Sword which is really flavorful and cool, but our party doesn't have a healer so sacrificing Lay on Hands is a bad idea. So far we got a spiritualist, slayer, and myself. Don't know what our fourth will be doing.
>>
>>44615729
>>44615855
...Have you considered Nightguard? Amazingly, while being from DSP (I wrote it!) it lacks both initiating /and/ psionics!
>>
>>44615896
this is true. i meant that most first party paladin archetypes are shit - I remember looking at the nightguard and fighting it awesome.
>>
>>44615941
>fighting it awesome
Finding, not fighting. Ugh, I need to sleep.
>>
>>44615896
I've actually shown it to my GM, and he really likes it but last time I checked it sacrifices lay on hands which would hinder my party. He's not too keen on psionics and Path of War but he loves Akasha.
>>
>>44615855
I thought the Sacred Shield did a half-decent job of being a "stand in the way of things" defender the first time I played WotR. Maybe my standards are dogshit. Maybe I'm not remembering right due to being really sick. I dunno.
>>
>>44615967
This is true. You can still do wand healing but if you feel the party wants/needs a secondary healer or access to mercies than Nightguard definitely ain't in the cards.

Still, thanks for considering it!
>>
>>44615551
So next level, pretty much. Yeah, that one and the DD-by-another-name trick are pretty awesome.

Any opinion on taking Psychokinetic Armor vs. the Armored Blade archetype?
>>
>>44606283

It works for one attack per round.
>>
>>44616060
If an Augmented Blade opts for Weapon Focus for their bonus feat at 1st level, what does it apply to? Any of their augmented weapons?
>>
>>44616089
I like psychokinetic armor and another archetype, desu. Living Legend master race, but that one's not compatible with maneuvers.
>>
>>44615941
>>44615855
Good pally archetypes:
-divine servant so you can gate fools in and take the rage domain
-chosen one to help your action economy
-divine tactician as a dip
-divine hunter, you sacrifice a little and gain a little
>>
>>44616114
Yes. Augmented Blade's weapon focus (mind blade) applies to all the weapons they've stuck their mind blade onto. This will be reflected in the release version.
>>
>>44608543

They have the Style feat if you don't mind giving up a swift.
>>
>>44616119
That was my thinking. Unfortunately, as I'm losing out on psychic strike and the blade skills at 4 and 10 (war soul), those cross over with a bunch of other archetypes I'd consider, like Nimble Blade or Gifted Blade.
>>
File: Parliament of Doom.jpg (55KB, 599x735px) Image search: [Google]
Parliament of Doom.jpg
55KB, 599x735px
So who is the favourite villain you've faced in a game, /tg/?
>>
>>44616172

There's always asking for the High-Psionics sidebar to get Gifted Blade for free.
>>
>>44616236
That doesn't help with the lost off maneuvers he wanted, though.
>>
>>44615729
>most 3pp except initiating/psionics
wait what
>>
>>44616361
Had a real cunt in our group who minmaxed with psionics all the time, left a bad taste with our GM before he left.
>>
>>44616236
Does having Sniper's Tools from the stalker count for prerequisites for feats that require Point Blank Shot and/or Precise Shot?
>>
>>44616388
Yes; explicitly so in the final version.
>>
>>44616421
Okay, to >>44616411 then.
>>
>>44616378
... so, if he'd done so with a ranger divine magic and animal companions would be banned I guess?
>>
>>44616473
Knowing him he'd never touch ranger.
>>
>>44616147
Will Augmented Blade get a ranged feat option instead of Two Weapon Fighting/Power Attack/Weapon Focus?
>>
Theorycrafting some stuff. How would I make decent use of a quarterstaff as a non-full caster? 3.5e material, 3pp, and Paizo stuff is all fine.
>>
>>44616755
Staff Magus is a good start, I think.
>>
>>44616755
Well, it's a two-handed weapon. You could just use it for THF power attack and murder things. Shock trooper leap attack et al.
>>
>>44615714
First two sound cool. The last one sounds stupid, might work best as monsters/NPCs.
>>
>>44616755
Just how strict can you get your DM to interpret the RAW?

Both 3.5 and Pathfinder say that double weapons can be used to TWF, and that they take attack penalties as if the ends were a one-handed and a light weapon, respectively.

It specifically says attack penalties. Nothing else. For everything else, they're still two-handed weapons. So 1.5 Str to damage, improved Power Attack, etc.

Obviously unintended (the two-handing option is nearly pointless, plus 3.5 literally has a prestige class that gives that benefit as its capstone), but double weapons are weak enough that I've actually had a couple of DMs allow it.
>>
File: Sawsbuck.png (479KB, 1129x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Sawsbuck.png
479KB, 1129x1062px
>>44615714
I've herd of that first on before.
>>
>>44616856
I'm usually the DM. Tinkering with character builds in the event I ever find a game to be a player in. Don't know who the DM would be.

>>44616790
True, but something more unique to quarterstaves would be cool.

>>44616768
Nice, I'll check it out.
>>
>>44616961
There's a feat from 3.5 that lets you discharge spells from a magic staff when you hit someone with it, iirc.
>>
>>44616768
>>44616961
A shame it doesn't stack with Kensai.
>>
>>44616236
Actually, I hadn't thought about that at all. Thanks for reminding me.
>>
Don't hide it from me /pfg/,
Tell me about your homebrew archetypes?

Freedom Fighter (Fighter)
>Proficient with light and medium armors only
>Bravery is replaced with an NPC class cohort. Every level of bravery adds an extra cohort to your ranks. You do not gain followers.
>Armor Training is replaced with a free teamwork feat instead

Valkyrie (Paladin)
>Divine Bond grants a pegasus mount
>You lose Lay on Hands and Mercy. Instead, you gain the Valkyrie's Charge class feature that grants the party different buffs like Haste, increased AC, increased saves, increased attack and damage, etc. as part of a charge action.

Lore Ranger (Ranger)
>Loses Favored Enemy. Gains Ranger's Lore instead.
>Ranger Lore
>At first level, a Ranger gains a +2 Bonus on Bluff, Perception, Sense Motive and Survival checks against creatures for every 5 ranks with which the Ranger has knowledge of the associated creature. (i.e. knowledge: nature for animals, magical beasts, plants, etc.) Likewise, he gets a +2 bonus on weapon attack and damage rolls against them. In addition, at every 5 ranks the Ranger allocates to Knowledge, the bonuses against the associated creatures increases by 2.

Heroic Blade (Soulknife)
>Loses Psychic Strike. Gain Heroic Manifestation.
>Heroic Manifestation - A Soulknife learns certain class features from other classes based on his mind blade configuration (i.e. a holy mindblade grants the paladin's lay on hands, a furyborn mindblade grants barbarian rage, an agile mindblade grants the rogues sneak attack, etc.). At later levels, with more configurations available also prompts even more available class features (i.e. a holy lawful mindblade now grants the paladin's smite, etc.)
>>
>>44616755
Unchained monk. staves are treated as monk weapons.

Also, I had TONS of fun with using a +2 called immovable rod as a quarterstaff.
>stopping a knight's mounted charge
>blocking doors
>polevaulting and then floating in midair
>etc.
>>
Hey guys, I just found an FAQ that says if you use a two-handed weapon in one hand (like a lance while charging) you still get 1.5x STR as a bonus to your damage. I'm wondering how that interacts with the bastard sword. It's normally a two-handed martial weapon, but if you take exotic weapon proficiency you can use it one-handed. Do you think that means you could take the exotic weapon proficiency feat and then swing a bastard sword around one-handed all the time but still always get the extra STR damage (and presumably increased Power Attack damage since that feat has similar wording)?

If so, is the bastard sword a great choice for a Magus, since it lets you get the benefits of two-handed while still being one-handed for spells?
>>
>>44617389
Never mind, apparently they also made a different FAQ specifically about the bastard sword just for situations like this. It doesn't work.
>>
>>44617434
Can't have an exotic weapon actually be WORTH something... godfuck, Buhlmann.
>>
File: 1450144731193.jpg (77KB, 678x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1450144731193.jpg
77KB, 678x1037px
WARSOUL
>Solar Wind Mentality (Su)

>The war soul's mind blade is infused with the light and fire that is the hallmark of the Solar Wind discipline. Whenever using the mind blade as a ranged weapon in a Solar Wind stance, the mind blade gains the flaming weapon property, and increases its range increment by +10-ft. Finally, the war soul may use his mind blade to generate light as a torch when manifested. The war soul must be 4th level to select this blade skill.

>Sidebar: The Elements and Solar Wind - The traditionalists of the Solar Wind discipline teach their students the fire is the natural power of the sun, and while this art was developed in sunny mesas and rolling plateaus bathed in winds, there are other environments where the discipline was adapted. In the frozen fjords and frigid taigas comes the icy Glacial Frost variant (Cold).

Can I get one of the DSP guys to clarify if Solar Wind Mentality changes it's type with the sidebar? What about Variable Wind?
>>
>>44617480

I like the falcata. I do feel your pain.

>use a feat
>for what a martial or simple weapon do better!
>>
>>44616918
Oh deer, yew caught me. Whatever shall I dew?
>>
>>44617389
You are thinking of the opposite. Bastard sword is normally a one-handed exotic weapon, not the other way around.
>>
>>44617164
Freedom Fighter would get annoying but not unlike a necromancer. What level are the cohorts, and do they automatically have your archetype-granted teamwork feats so you can use yours? Also you gain way more than you lose (Adept is an NPC class) but that's normal I guess.

Lore Ranger cannot benefit from Ranger's Lore at all until level 5. That seems like a pretty major oversight for a first-level ability.
>>
>>44613085
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/witch/archetypes/paizo---witch-archetypes/veneficus-witch-archetype
>>
>>44617486
Yes, it will change its property from
Flaming to the equivalent enhancement. Otherwise, it works the same.
>>
>>44617164
Heroic Blade sounds cool, like a variation on Binder or Chameleon. Can you post it?
>>
>>44613577
>Speaking of which, how are the Errantx gofundme commissions going? And the DSP patreon thing? Is that a thing I can spend money on monthly for releases on some sort of actual schedule yet?

Still working through it, trying to track some donation rewards down for people who haven't responded.
>>
>>44611192
>Speaking of Augmented Blade, Gareth, was "Improved Psicrystal Augment" ever clarified?
>You may remember that bladeskill as the "what the fuck did I just read" reaction you got last time I asked about it.

What's this now?
>>
File: 1422082135802.jpg (123KB, 721x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1422082135802.jpg
123KB, 721x1107px
>>44618115
Do you think you could answer >>44616677 if it won't be too much trouble?
>>
>>44618190
This was already answered by Forrest but yes, we will add PBS to the list.
>>
File: Priest_DD2.png (948KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
Priest_DD2.png
948KB, 404x600px
>>44618269
Must have missed it. Thank you! Have a cute girl as payment.
>>
File: 1445296086151.png (23KB, 687x598px) Image search: [Google]
1445296086151.png
23KB, 687x598px
>>44618332
I sense a penis
>>
>>44617164
I made and posted some Ranger stuff a while back that I lost.

First was jokingly called Beastnerd Ranger I'm pretty sure and was similar to yours except it keyed off of the actual roll to identify it, so the bonus was variable (and doesn't have your unusual 1st to 4th level nonfunctionality). It also gained the creature-knowledges as class skills.

Then there was the ability to forego the Animal Companion for a second parallel Combat Style (you activate it at the same Ranger level you'd get an AC at but it improves at the normal levels from there).

Then there was the new Combat Style, called Spell Style or somesuch. At 2nd level you gain a new 1st level spell slot, as if your chart reached up further (you would also be able to start receiving your bonus 1st level slot for a high wisdom). This adds 1 to your first-level slots when the normal progression starts. At 5th level you gain a 2nd level slot, at 8th you gain a 3rd level slot, at 11th you gain a 4th level slot. At 14th you gain a 5th level spell progression (1/1/1/2/2/2/2). The 5th level Ranger list was all 5th-level Druid spells that did not deal energy damage.

There might've also been a provision for Int-based spells in that first archetype but I forget the trade. Lose Endurance, I think?
>>
>>44612103
>Are you specialized?
A bit, yes. I will confess to being a bit feat starved, and so I've been forced to be a bit of a one-trick pony on this; I was hoping Ars Goetia would fix it, and it has made the other spirits more useful, but most of my feats went into stuff like power attack and the like. Fortunately this game has a fairly significant case of '15 minute adventuring day' that has done a lot to shore up the weaknesses.

Aside from 5 Ars Goetia feats, I've got Power Attack, Combat Reflexes, and Improved Initiative, and Lunge, I just hit 16. (It's been a fast running group, so I figured it'd be pretty ideal for playtesting the general effectiveness.)

I'm... a bit underwhelming when I don't have a spirit bound to me, and I don't always have uses for the other spirits, but Metacreativity has always been a solid standby when Psychokinesis is down; I've got to use it a lot less so I can't really speak as much to the abilities; Shield Interposition has been good, if a little awkward.

The main concern has been dying when I eject a spirit, since I lose my bonus HP, that's dropped me once. (Thankfully, we had a scroll of raise dead handy.)
>>
File: tempest gale.png (23KB, 694x508px) Image search: [Google]
tempest gale.png
23KB, 694x508px
Is there' something wrong with the Tempest Gale doc or is it just me?
>>
>>44618751
Not just you. I think that was an error with it when they copied it, but they stopped updating the playtest docs as they finalized stuff and got it into Layout.
>>
Quick Q: does someone have a full spoiler for the Insinuator antipally?
>>
>>44618816
I do not, unfortunately.
>>
File: 1436911143785.png (327KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1436911143785.png
327KB, 500x750px
Fucking Roll20 having downtown right when my game's about to start. Guess it's time to make multiple barbarian character sheets to get out my rage.
>>
What are the best spells for a level 1 wand?

I was thinking Grease would be a really good one then use wandweapon and just ejaculate grease all over
>>
>>44618936
>
Grease only lasts a round at CL 1, so unless your allies can capitalize on it, it's not that great.

Infernal Healing is the gold standard for level 1 utility wands. A paladin wand of Lesser Restoration is also quite good.
>>
>>44618971
Cleric already has a wand of infernal healing.

Fuck it i'll invest all the gold for wands and turn it into Alchemist Fire mixed with Oil in a Hybridization funnel.

Nothing works better for dealing with cannibals than fire
>>
>>44618936
Anything that isn't hugely CL dependent. These are some good ones.
Cure Light Wounds, Infernal Healing, Lesser Restoration, Enlarge Person, Mage Armor, Shield, Expeditious Retreat, Silent Image.
>>
>>44619007
Except fire that's also holy acid.
>>
New Thread
>>44619382
>>44619382
>>44619382
>>
>>44617389
Can you link the faq?
>>
>>44619441
http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9qno

This one is pretty much for Lance only.

http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9quw

This one is for everything else.

Noted that different in language. Lance just said you can wield it in one hand (not treat it as one-handed weapon), so it still get the bonus.
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.