[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will future generations look at him like the 21st century Conan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (53KB, 439x462px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 439x462px
will future generations look at him like the 21st century Conan?
>>
>>44604069
Who is it?
>>
No, because he's shit.
>>
>>44604078

Drizzle da Burden
>>
>>44604078
Jon Snow
>>
>>44604086
I take it this isn't one of those /tg/ made things then.

I know /tg/ likes its drow but if Sandwich had a brother then I think I would have hear by now.

More information plz?
>>
>>44604078
/thread
>>
>>44604101

I was making a joke. It is actually Drizzt Do'Urden, the main character of a bestselling Forgotten Realms series by R.A. Salvatore.
>>
>>44604069
tell me when he gets a kick ass movie
>>
>>44604069
>21st century
>the age where people expressed their anguish through backflips
>>
>>44604085
He's the embodiment of the male ideal of our time, like Conan and Elric were.

Also implying Conan isn't shit
>>
If drizzt was the next Conan we'd already have seen it happening its been almost 30 years
>>
>>44604155
>a genie appears before you and offers you the ability to be the best in the world in one physical skill
>parkour or weightlifting
>>implying anyone would want to be a strongman in the 21st c entury
>>
>>44604216
Does "Men's Decathlon" count as one skill?
>>
>>44604216
>>a genie appears before you and offers you the ability to be the best in the world in one physical skill

It depends on how you define "physical skill". Does craftsmanship count? If not, does something more narrow work, like woodworking?

Parkour and weightlifting are fine, but the best thing for a man to use his strength on is real work. Weightlifting and parkour are just for fun, it would ruin it if I got them for free.
>>
When does Drizzt become insufferable? I've read the Icewind Dale Trilogy, the Legacy of the Drow series, and the Paths of Darkness trilogy.
>>
>>44604357
Its the proclivity of writing and the fact that he breaks free of his races stereotype that agitates tg. The reason for this is because new generation players later then make clones of this character when they get into dnd causes an inundation of "snowflakes" if you haven't been here long enough just know if its the idea of an evil race good. Keep it to yourself. They will fry it and throw a bitch fit unless its grandpa necromancer. Thats ok because they made it.
>>
>>44604397
/thread
>>
>>44604216
Weight lifters tend to be fat, Conan isn't fat
>>
>>44604069
Lee Pace as Drizzt when?
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 512x288px
>>44604357
Personally, I don't think he really ever does, he doesn't get worse with time. But Salvatore is like lovecraft and Howard, he has a niche and he's willing to plow the shit out of it. The story structures are all really similar, which is fine if you're like "man, I want to read some drizzt," but I think a lot of /tg/ will just sit down and read ten drizzt books in a row, which I think is a bad idea. Again, it's like Lovecraft or Howard.

I think his real insufferability is that he reminds People of shitty players. Drizzt stops being angsty after the first few books and starts being a quiet person who enjoys spending time with his cat. I know that I personally identify with that
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>44604415
Can you stop trying to end the thread?
>>
>>44604480
/thread
>>
>>44604170
>male ideal of our time
In what perverse sort of household do you live that Derpy McTwoswords is the male ideal?
>>
>>44604101
How the hell do you know it's a drow but not know who it is?
>>
>>44604357
He never stops wallowing in guilt and self pity.
He's the only good Drow and he'll kill all the rest of them to be safe.

He's basically a study in the type of self loathing that comes from growing up in an abusive home, but given a near unkillable murder pet, swords, and magic power.
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 1200x628px
>>44604532
I have sisters
>>
>>44604466
Drizzt is technically property of WotC, not Salvatore, even though he created the character. Salvatore has wanted to stop cranking out shit in the past, but WotC basically told him "If you don't write more Drizzt stuff then we'll hire someone else to do it." Salvatore figured being forced to write shit was better than turning over his creation to some hack.
>>
>>44604569
Do they plan on fucking you, or sacrificing you to their dark goddess?
>>
>>44604424
No, those power lifters. People who lifts extremely heavy objects only once. And are generally looks pudgy but can wrestle bears easily.

Conan or arnie is a body-builder, he lifts weights to sculpt his body.

Though both does degrade into lard-asses once they stopped their routines.
>>
>>44604569
Millennials? If so i weep for you.
>>
>>44604631
If you're over 33 it's time to gtfo.
>>
>>44604170
I suspect there is no modern male ideal. Maleness itself isn't ideal anymore.
>>
Conan was just a Tarzan ripoff.
>>
>>44604132
>Luke evans- Artemis E.
>anyone to play battlehammer
>Elizabeth olsen- cattibrie
>some chink in blackface - dritzz
>>
>>44604069
No, for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which is that he originated in 1988.
>>
>>44604538
>D&D game years ago
>2 newish player, 3 older players
>new guys made dual-weilding elves ( no drow allowed), both rangers, both with "long white hair", both with scimitars.
DM let's it slide..1st combat one guy quits after taking a minus to his offhand attack..." Why!! Dritzz is just as good with both hands!! This is a stupid fucking game!!"
I have seen too many clones of dritzz. Now I unfairly despise him.

Also. Jaraxel and artimus had the best arcs and growth and were cooler.
>>
>>44604593
Ed greenwood takes over for Salvatore.
>dritzz becomes a Cross-dressing egomaniacal twit. Fucks lots of bitches just to keep telling himself that he doesn't love cock.
>>
>>44604594
New England is fucking weird
>>
>>44605079
>Muh Bregan Daerthe
>*tips wide-brimmed, feathered hat*
>>
>>44605350
Jarlaxel and Artemis both have a huge reversion though. Jarlaxel becomes the prick who is only concerned with gain again and Artemis becomes a psychopathic murder machine again. Damn near the only difference between then and now is that both are attempting to push a stilted half blinded altruism ground and taught into them from all their encounters with a broken drow elf. And guess what. Shit gets fucked because both are mentally fucked as is. So yeah interesting I agree. Ok. Nah.
>>
>>44605602
The newer shit where the wotc faggots attempt to merge to worlds....
Holy shit... Just fucking low tier writing.
>>
File: 1277253014584.jpg (30KB, 400x723px) Image search: [Google]
1277253014584.jpg
30KB, 400x723px
Honest question: Are the newer Drizzt books worthwhile? From what little I know, Salvatore seems to be trying to grow up with the audience. I can't stand the earlier books nowadays, because they're as teen-angsty and lacking in self-awareness about it as it gets, but I still have some fondness for Drizzt as a character, even though that might just be nostalgia. (Also I have literally never encountered D&D players trying to make Drizzt clones, in all my gaming, so I'm tempted to call bullshit on that outright. Might have been before my time.)

>>44604069
No, but mainly because Drizzt books are never as sexy. Unless I guess you're gay/a gay-loving-straight-girl who reads the inherent homoeroticism in the relationships of Drizzt and Entreri, and Entreri and Jarlaxle. So there's that.

>>44605602
This actually sounds kind of like reasonable psychoanalyses of player characters.
>>
>>44605435
Greenwood is in exactly the same situation as Salvatore. He wants to write more quiet stories with a lot of worldbuilding and small details, but they only hire him to write Elminster being epic again, so he takes every chance he can to subvert their demands.
>>
>>44606671
Ed has always made eliminster a bit of a tranny.

Making of a mage he gender swaps for half the book..later he body jumps into a female drow...and spends a lot of time discussing clothing.

I am fully supportive of anyone doing what they can to subvert wotc though.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.