[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Become The Vampire Quest 27

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: fangs_by_vederant-d5l5qwv.png (113KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
fangs_by_vederant-d5l5qwv.png
113KB, 894x894px
Become The Vampire 27

You slowly get to your feet and put away the bottle, sighing softly.

“I'm alright. Not great, but alright. I'll manage.”

You head for the bathroom, grabbing your uniform on the way, and try to psyche yourself up. Another day of classes, then a meeting with Angie, and then... You're not sure what. Your main reason for coming to this school is now murky and unclear, but it's also the only way to bring your dad back at the moment. You might be able to save your mom as well if she's actually dead, or perhaps restore her humanity. You strip down and climb into the shower, trying to clear your head. You can hear the bathroom door open.

“If you're going to tell me you're fine with that sort of tone, you know that I'm not going to believe you, but I won't pry if you don't want me to. That said, I do want to be able to help you. Unfortunately I have very limited options if you don't want to talk about it. I'll be out here waiting for you, to talk or anything else that you need, alright?”

The door closes once more, and you take a slow breath. You need to evaluate your relationships and figure out what you want to do. You've confided so much in Jennifer and she wants to be there for you, is it fair to hold things back from her now? But what if she's still playing the long game for some sort of plan? It's time you started making some decisions about this stuff, especially with Sammy making demands about your claims, even if it's just lines in the sand.
>>
>Character sheet
http://pastebin.com/YMGdCy7Q
>Rules
Same system as Become The Dragon Quest. If you don't know what that is, it's best of three d20 rolls. I name a stat that sums up what you're trying to do, and if I don't name a relevant skill, you try to fill in the blank based on what you're trying to accomplish. “Break open the door” might be Strength based, but if you've been playing baseball after school and there's a lead pipe nearby, you could apply your Baseball skill to the roll. A 20 on the die is a crit threat, and if either of the other two rolls is 20 or higher after mods, it's a critical. A crit fail is when you have two or more 1s. So far this system has worked out well enough. We'll get into combat rules as needed, but in basic terms you have wounds, not HP, and the worse the wounds, the more penalties you accrue while doing other things.

Most Important Rule:
Have fun.

>Head out for breakfast early, avoid potentially complicated situations
>Talk with Jennifer about yesterday and vent properly
>Spend some time with Jennifer since you left her hanging yesterday
>Cuddle up with Jennifer, she's earned it for tolerating your bullshit
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44599347
>>Talk with Jennifer about yesterday and vent properly
>>Spend some time with Jennifer since you left her hanging yesterday
>>
>>44599347
>>
>>44599347
>>
>>44599347
>>
>>44599347
>>
>>44599347
>>
You finish your shower and get dressed, brushing your teeth and heading out into the main room. Jennifer is on the couch with your blanket pulled around herself, and she looks at you as you walk over and sit beside her.

“Let's talk.”

Jennifer nods and scoots a little closer.

“I'll listen, and you can do most of the talking if you like.”

You nod, and begin to relate to her bits and pieces of what happened the day before. You don't give everything away, not every last detail, but you do tell her the most important bits. Abraham's story about your parents, Dracula's possible return, what Sammy demanded from you, the attempt on your life, and your mother potentially being alive. You go over each piece one by one, and Jennifer listens carefully, nodding along. When you run out of things to say, she hugs your arm.

“It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now, but consider this. Abraham's story doesn't change anything, it's just more information, a clearer picture. Dracula hasn't been heard from in centuries, and even if he's coming, Abraham said it wouldn't be for a while. Which leaves us with the other three as present problems.

Sammy is... being herself. She's her father's daughter, but sometimes she gets it in her head to try to act like me. I think she's jealous, to be frank. Personally I would have preferred her never finding out. This complicates things somewhat. I think she suspects something is going on between us, although right now it seems there's nothing going on. You're busy, and I can appreciate that, but it does send a very particular message when you keep walking out on me.

As for the attempt on your life and your mother potentially surviving... You killed Vanessa, didn't you? How many vampire families are caught up in this agreement? Six, correct? It might be that her family doesn't approve of peace with you and wants to get rid of you. I'll see what I can dig up on your mother for you though.”
>>
Jennifer releases you and moves away again.

“I appreciate you confiding in me, Oliver. It makes me feel like we're close, like I can trust you. Thank you for that. I just wish we could be close in other ways as well. But it's as you said, you told Sammy that the claim is for my protection, nothing more, yes?”

She laughs a bit.

“I suppose it'll be me who's drinking on the couch in a little while...”

>Write-in
>>
>>44599577
I told you, like i told her, once everyone's safe and clear, we'll see how things go. Im not a wolf, and i won't approach relationships that way.
>>
>>44599577
I hate open-ended write-in votes...
>>
>>44599603
>>44599577
This, and squeeze her hand.
>>
>>44599577
>Write-in Huge her and tell her what we told Sammy. That we're trying to do what we can for her and ourselves and Sammy and the rest of the people we care for. Tell her we're sorry about the confusion and mixed signals and that we're glad she's here for us, as a teacher and a confidante and a friend.
>>
>>44599633
*hug
And this is why I should have been asleep an hour ago.
>>
>>44599577
>>44599633
I could do without the hugging (yet more mixed signals), but otherwise fine.
>>
>>44599577
>pet her hair.
Don't go making assumptions. I don't like how messy all of this is. Until it's sorted I'm not making any choices.
>>
>>44599577
>>44599633
Second
>>
>>44599603
>>44599577
Thirding, but kiss her hair.
>>
>>44599632
>>44599661
>>44599673
Yeah no.
>>
>>44599633
Good way to lose our magic teacher, anon. The only reason she's teaching us is because she wants us to be her alpha.

Also, look at that face. Look at it.
>>
>>44599692
No yea.
>>
>>44599722
We'd still be her friend who helped her out of a serious jam when nobody else would and want to continue to protect and help her regardless of romance. She might ask for help with other things in exchange for further lessons, and if she does decide to be a figurative bitch about it, then it's better to get it out of the way now.
>>
>>44599652
Go to bed then.
>>
You sigh and hug Jennifer tightly.

“I'm gonna tell you the same exact thing I told Sammy... I'm trying to do what I can for myself and for the people around me. I want to be able to protect everyone, including you and Sammy, and I don't want anyone getting hurt. I'm sorry if this is all a confusing mess for you, but it's a mess for me too. I'm glad you're here for me, Jennifer, as my teacher, my confidante and my friend. Once I figure this all out I can give you a proper answer.”

Jennifer leans on you and closes her eyes, sighing before getting to her feet, walking back over to your bed with the blanket.

“Oliver Spencer, you are a dangerous man. I have been hurt deeply before by other people, physically and mentally, but never once have I been so worried that someone would trample on my heart.”

She laughs softly as she makes herself comfortable.

“I know that it isn't on purpose, that you're trying to protect yourself. It's for that reason alone that I'm not yelling at you every time I wake up alone. I'm a patient woman though. Take as long as you need to make the right choice for yourself.”

You stand up and nod.

“Thanks.”

>Time for breakfast and classes, get the day started right
>Check in on Presence, you kinda want your bag back before you head out
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>44599772
>>
>>44599772
We should text Mel too, she's been gone a long time.
>>
>>44599772
>Other (write-in) Text Andrea, make sure Sammy's alright.
If we got attacked, I'm wondering if something similar didn't happen for her and Andrea.
>>
>>44599772
>>Check in on Presence, you kinda want your bag back before you head out
>>
>>44599772
>>44599798
>>44599813
I'd support both of those texts.
>>
>>44599813
Knowing who raised Andrea, I'm not so inclined to be worried about her. She was probably tougher than us even before she got her magic, but yea, text them too. If they weren't targeted they may want to keep some distance so they don't become targets.
>>
You sit down beside your bag and take out your phone, sending messages to Meliora and Andrea to follow up with both of them before slowly opening your bag. It's like a fountain of paper, drawings and paintings and sketches pouring out of your bag in a seemingly endless stream, plastering themselves all over the walls, floor, ceiling and your bed. Jennifer sighs softly amid a pile of sketchbook pages and tries to go back to sleep. Presence looks up at you from your bag and grins.

“Gotcha good, didn't I! Man, that was pretty fun though... Art really is my thing.”

She leaps out of your bag and hovers around you.

“Maybe that's my unfinished business? I need to enter an art contest... Do you think they'd allow ghosts in, or would I need to work through you? I could be your muse!”

She pulls her shirt up halfway and winks at you, posing, before laughing and twirling through the air.

“I bet you'd like that, wouldn't you. Or maybe you'd prefer it if I dressed up like one of those other chicks you've been banging. Anyway, what's the plan today? Skipping class to help me out at long last? Or do I get to make the chem lab explode?”

>Give the bag to Jennifer so she has something to do today
>I have a plan to help with your unfinished business after school, when we see Angie
>Blow up the chem lab? Sounds fun.
>Other (write-in)
>>
File: red-blue-black.jpg (229KB, 500x704px) Image search: [Google]
red-blue-black.jpg
229KB, 500x704px
>>44599871
I wonder if the Van Helsing title can be inherited by a woman?

We should make time to confront our favorite vampire bitch too.
Probably after we meet with Angie.
>>
>>44599938
>>I have a plan to help with your unfinished business after school, when we see Angie
Though
>>Blow up the chem lab? Sounds fun.
So we might do that too. Grab Angie's chocolates, don't mess with them, and let's go.
>>
>>44599938
>I have a plan to help with your unfinished business after school, when we see Angie
>>
>>44599938
>>
>>44599938
>>44599959
Second.
>>
>>44599938
>>44599959
Third, i guess.
>>
>>44599959
>>44599996
>>44600007
You really want to blow up the chem lab in a school with mad scientist full of monsters and wizards with golem security?
>>
>>44600044
It probably won't be THAT bad, and we know Presence's bark is worse than her bite.
>>
>>44600044
Eh, a flash bomb will be funny.
>>
You chuckle softly.

“Blowing up the chem lab sounds pretty fun, but if you behave yourself then I've got a plan to help you out after school. I'm going to be meeting with someone, and they'll be able to help you out with your unfinished business.”

Presence looks at you for a moment, then shrugs and dives back into your bag.

“You better not be lying to me. I've been really patient about all this, and if you back out on me now then the deal is off, and I'll make sure that you spend today without pants at all the most inconvenient moments!”

Jennifer chuckles softly.

“And the convenient ones? I assume you'll yank them back up?”

Presence nods.

“Precisely.”

You grab your bag and load up with Angie's present and a few odds and ends.

“I'm off then. See you later.”

Jennifer gives you a small wave, and you head off to the dining hall. Along the way you get messages from Meliora and Andrea. Meliora lets you know that she's been really busy with hunting and avoiding all traces of physical intimacy, because they're strange and perverse activities, but that she's trying exposure therapy by watching romance movies to help her get over it. You're pretty sure she'll be alright.

Andrea's message is about her wicked hangover, and how everyone who went to the party got completely wasted. Sammy spent half the night being a sad drunk in the corner and the other half puking in the bathroom, and no one is in any fit state to come to school. You're almost glad you missed the party now. Your breakfast is pretty quiet without anyone bothering you though.

-

The school day is going to be pretty boring unless you guys have any specific plans for one of the classes, so I'm gonna skip ahead unless there's an objection.
>>
>>44600082
Nah, not unless the math teacher offers another student. We can't let that happen
>>
>>44600082
are we not doing the Pope thing today?
>>
>>44600131
Yeah, im actually pretty hyped for that.
>>
>>44600131
We certainly can do, although looking at the clock now, maybe riding the previous thread into the ground and calling it there would have been wiser. If we do the Pope thing properly we'll be here all night and I should probably rest. With that in mind, we'll pick up next time with the Healing Church stuff for history class. It's been a fun day, and let's have Q&A until I invariably pass out.
>>
>>44600131
>>44600162
I think all we're doing today is announcing the tournament and giving the nobles a couple days to pick their champions. The fight isn't starting yet.
>>
>>44600189
In game time shouldn't>>44600206 be correct? We decided on this over the weekend and haven't announced it yet.

Also, this is more to the other anons, can we just write in a bit of our dream time from now on is spent studying runes?
>>
>>44600244
Yep, this is true. Me being feverish and sleepy, I'm losing the thread of the story a little bit in this moment. I'm really glad that you guys pay enough attention to catch on when I'm tired/sick and didn't leave clear enough notes for myself.
>>
>>44600303
Eh, i was thinking about making a timeline pastebin for this, since for a while we had anons losing track.

I think the others left, gets some sleep, limey. I ended up working alone, my department director didn't even come in
>>
>>44600373
Fair enough. Night.
>>
>>44600189
Thanks for running.

What would our mom and dad's thoughts, dead or otherwise, be on the ~96% chance they're going to have fuzzy grandkids,?
>>
>>44600527
I don't know about your figures anon. I'd say there's a good 15% chance they'll have gilled grandkids instead.

We've only been at the academy for 7 full days though, so anything can happen.
>>
>>44600638
The 11% overlap is deliberate, because the chances of Catherine winning without a harem end are kinda low.
>>
>>44600659
Well, if we want to actually work it out, we have 1 serious haremfag, 2 or 3 who don't care, and 1 catherinefag. Then we have 3 or 4 wolfufags, though I'm sure there's some overlap. Of course the fact that Catherine is QM's dream girl will probably carry some weight in the writing and may make more anons like her as we interact more.

I'm just looking forward to the lamia or gorgon showing up. Snektits for the win!
>>
>>44600743
I wouldn't go as far as calling her my dream girl, but I have a fondness for glasses, a sharp mind and vulnerability.

>>44600527
Probably not their ideal situation, being hunters/former hunters. They'd probably act like Romeo's parents about the whole thing. And we all know how well that worked out.
>>
>>44600796
>we all know how well that worked out.
If Romeo and Juliet hadn't been such melodramatic idiots it could have worked out fine. Patience and planning are how you beat stubborn family like that.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.