[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else absolutely suck at this fucking game? I have a 25%

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: FloorGoban[1].jpg (615KB, 1137x1101px) Image search: [Google]
FloorGoban[1].jpg
615KB, 1137x1101px
Anyone else absolutely suck at this fucking game? I have a 25% win rate on online go
>>
>>44595464
that game gave me PTSD
>>
>>44596002
could you elaborate?
>>
>>44596024
i was actually joking but now that i think about it i found an NES version when I was a kid and everything was in japanese and didn't understand shit and started crying

i've never hated a game so much in my entire life
>>
I wish I could get a table and piece but I live in the south and even if I found a nice set and it was super cheap no one wants to play it
>>
>>44595464
Man, I don't even know how to play.
>>
>>44595464
Yep, it sits next to chess on those board games that are super popular but I hate.
>>
>>44596169
it's insanely fucking hard, I'm like 13k and that's after like a total of 500+ games
>>
File: get_this_fucking_spider_off_me.jpg (31KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
get_this_fucking_spider_off_me.jpg
31KB, 544x400px
>>44596060
You're a master storyteller.
>>
>>44595464
Is that Othello?
>>
>>44595464
Where do you play online go?
>>
>>44596303
>13k
bitch im like 25 and Ive been playing off and on for years, and bought a shit ton of books for it.

games hard as shit
>>
>>44596441
Offline.
>>
>>44596484
Offline being the name of the client/webpage?
>>
File: chan.jpg (44KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
chan.jpg
44KB, 500x447px
When I was in high school I started a Go Club and attracted 10-15 members despite having never played a game of Go in my life.

I played my very first game of Go on the inaugural meeting on Go club where I pretended that I knew everything that was going on but was quietly going easy on all the newbies while I explained all the rules.

After that I proceeded to never play a game of Go again, and headed my club only to nod sagely at the plays of other members and correct them based on things I had read about Go online.

It was a good club.
>>
>>44596441
online go
go kgs
dragon
are just a couple
>>
>>44596442
dude you gotta just barrel through for like a year to get past the first 10kyu, i don't understand the top tier players honestly
>>
>>44596701
That's kind of impressive. Why did you start the club in the first place?
>>
>>44596768
A substitute teacher I was modestly close with once waxed poetic about his love for Go for a period, and how fascinating and deceptively complex it was. We joked about starting a Go Club to compete with the chess club for prestige.

So I did, and I signed him on as the club advisor.
>>
>>44597202
Are you a girl. The story would be incredibly hot if you were a girl.
>>
>>44595464
I have a 0% winrate. I played it like 4 times and got fucked like the bitch I was every time.
>>
>>44595464

I used to play online, I got sick of having 12 year old kids from Shenzhen stomp my guts out. It's a really fun game though.
>>
>>44597349

Damnit, quit giving me teacherboners.

It's hard enough dealing with certain girls who are goddamn trouble on a daily basis.
>>
>>44597349
>>44597508
I'm dreadfully sorry, but I didn't know any girls in high school with the guts to not only to go through all the procedures to start a club on a whim, but also bluff their way into pretending to be a master of Go.

I mean if you wanted I could bluff about being a cute, but fiery tempered and passionate girl too.
>>
>>44597690
the narrative works better if we operate on that assumption, i think.

expect the TV adaptation in fall 2016!!!
>>
>>44597729
>expect the TV adaptation in fall 2016!!!
ABC presents:
GO BIG!
>>
File: abdomen.jpg (68KB, 560x960px) Image search: [Google]
abdomen.jpg
68KB, 560x960px
>>44597729
>>44597745
What's the conflict though? My tenure as president of Go club was mostly lounging around reading and occasionally looking over to tell people they were wrong. Which was a wonderful way to spend an afternoon in its own right.

Does she have to bail out her proteges in a Go tournament, being the second time she's ever played the game?
>>
>>44597833
in the second episode she encounters a rival go club from a neighboring school district, and is goaded into entering the regional go tournament. if she doesn't beat the rival team (who is the reigning champion) she'll have to make their captain a bento box lunch every day for the rest of high school

thus begins a saga of one unlikely team of misfits' rise to the top of the junior go world!!!
>>
>>44597981
Hikaru no Go can eat a dick, this is great.

It's a shame I only started the club in my final year, or I could have watched them actually get good enough to take on tournaments.

Not that there are any junior Go tournaments in my country.

Or any country except the East Asian ones.
>>
>>44597833
Keeping up appearances so she can enjoy her leisurely afternoons basking in the sun and telling people they were wrong, and also trying to spend time with the handsome and grizzled teacher she tricked into becoming the clubs advisor of course,
>>
>>44598307

>handsome and grizzled
>go

It's more likely that the teacher was a skellymode weeb.
>>
>>44598534
This is an anime production, therefore we make everyone attractive to shift product.
>>
I want to play, but I'd probably fuck up big time and then suddenly... all the pieces are mini junior mints. BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REAL PIECES?
>>
>>44598534
The teacher in question was an older guy, came over here from America and kept the accent, shaved his head when he started to bald early on and loved wear Hawaiian shirts.

He wasn't exactly skellymode, but he wasn't ripped either. You could see that he used to have a modest figure was was starting to let it go as the years wore on, and within a decade he'd probably have a potbelly goin' on. Not too tall either, stood a little short for an Australian man, but not Danny Devito or anything.

Not a weeaboo either, just a science teacher who loved the unexpected depth to the game.
>>
>>44599756
wait, what country are you from?
>>
>>44599850
dissreguard that I suck cock.

Op: I'd love to learn how but I'm trying to avoid geting sucked into games and what not. I have enough that I waste my freetime and nonfreetime on.
>>
I sux dix at go and have a 0% win rate even after watching videos to git gud.
>>
File: cold.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cold.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
>>44595464

You're supposed to pick up the knife.
>>
Is there a way to challenge people with just a URL like they do in chess threads?

I'd play some 9x9 or 13x13 games with /tg/ if I didn't have to register for every site I came across.
>>
>>44599034
>all the pieces are mini junior mints. BUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REAL PIECES?

Real Go stones are actually fairly large and heavy.
>>
>>44595464
I love that game, but my game is flawed with my human flaws: I am too passive, always reacting, not acting, always on defence and don't know to make a good offence. That's kinda depressive for me.
>>
>>44596088
If you live in the south then does everyone wanna play as white? :3
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.