[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 32

File: 1451801904363.jpg (75KB, 312x294px) Image search: [Google]
1451801904363.jpg
75KB, 312x294px
8ED and 9ED should be banned Edition

Saying "go back to Standard/Hearthstone" is not an argument to support these monstrosities. These cards are very poor game design and are toxic for this format by punishing entire colors and color combinations.
>>
>>44577816
go back to standard/hearthstone
>>
"I'm bad edition" is a better title
Ban Summer's Bloom and be done with it
>>
>>44577816
Reminder 8ED features Summer Bloom
Reminder 8ED features Choke
Reminder 8ED features Boil
Reminder 8ED features Ensnaring Bridge

Reminder 9ED features Blood Moon
Reminder 9ED features Boiling Seas
Reminder 9ED features Flashfire
Reminder 9ED features Urza Tron

Reminder these cards are the #1 reason fair decks are struggling right now (the fair decks have instant game over cards while needing to fight to win).
>>
>>44577816
Go back to Standard/Hearthstone.
>>
File: 1438727549024.jpg (141KB, 619x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1438727549024.jpg
141KB, 619x1000px
> WAH THESE CARDS OPPRESS MY MIDRANGE CREEP WAH

Kill yourself OP
>>
>>44577942
The only deck that's struggling from any of those is Jund, and that's all because of Tron. Everything else there is fine.
>>
>>44577816
>Implying that this isn't just a symptom of an increasingly toxic format.

Git Gud, son.
>>
File: infectvstron.png (163KB, 766x514px) Image search: [Google]
infectvstron.png
163KB, 766x514px
I'm getting sick of playing my janky tier 4/3 decks.

Should I build UG infect and start taking modern more seriously?

I really can't see myself liking the fotm BG lists.
>>
>>44578034
BG isn't flavor of the month, tron is, which is a good reason to build infect.
>>
>>44577816
>Toxic
Great tumblr post
you sure are showing those cisscum shitlords who don't play Blue decks.
We should ban Bogles also because I lost to it and it gave me a case of the feelbads
I know, we should make a spirit of modern just like we have a spirit of edh.
>>
>>44578084
>spirit of edh

What?
>>
>>44578034
BG infect was a meta choice because everyone ran rending volley, UG is still going to be superior despite lacking Abrupt Decay because it can just dig for answers instead
BG Infect is like "Woah look how midrange we are guys, we can beat every threat they throw at us cuz we got that splash of black haha" and the deck is mediocre outside of that one meta call.
>>
>>44578084
>spirit of modern
>GGGG
>legendary creature - fag avatar
>you may sob uncontrollably rather than pay spirit of moderns mana cost
>haste
>T: ban target card from the format. Activate this ability only if your opponent has won at least one game in the match.
>"b-but muh interaction!"
>>
>>44578093

Think infect is worth building though?
It's a higher tier deck, but not a soul plays it in my local meta, so I have no clue if it actually performs well enough to buy the cards.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 369x434px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 369x434px
>>44578158
I bought the new phyrexia event deck last month and it is banannas, i can only imagine a real infect deck would be even more.
>>
>>44578131
You forgot to give it pay 2 life: look through your tears at your opp's hand.
>>
>>44578158
I play infect and I know one other guy that plays it at my local meta and I talk a bit about it with other top players. The reason it's strong is because it can just cheese games off of higher tier decks that can't handle the pressure, namely Tron and to an extent, Junk. It isn't very stable and stuff like Thoughtseize can basically end a game for you on turn 1 if you just can't recover. Infect is a glass cannon but it's effective and simple. That said, it's probably not worth building if you don't have the fetchlands and Hierarchs or you're rich enough to not give a shit. Most of the deck is just pump spells and Inkmoths and those cards are worthless outside of the deck (although inkmoth does go in affinity too) so it's nice to have a backup deck plan if infect gets fucked in the future. It's a rewarding deck and it requires a bit of thinking to pilot it well.
>>
Sure love getting choked/boiled turn 3/4 game 2 playing Merfolk. Ban 8E&9E!
>>
File: IMG_20160103_002511.jpg (4MB, 4000x2992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160103_002511.jpg
4MB, 4000x2992px
>>44578222
I guess I'm in a spot where I have to pay to play no matter which way I go.
I got into magic 2 years ago, and quickly left standard for modern, so I pretty much don't have shit when it comes to the higher priced modern staples.
Which is what has made me think infect would be reasonable.
Picture somewhat related, it's what I currently play.
>>
>>44578254
>I don't know how sideboarding works
>>
>>44578254
>Oh no I have bad match ups D:
>>
>>44578279
>>44578280

ban sideboarding
>>
>>44578276
You already have the foothills, you could pretty much buy the rest of the deck just by selling the goblin guides
>>44578303
why don't we just ban maindecks too, just make it so whoever wins the dice roll wins
>>
>>44578312

honestly fuck modern. lets just play legacy with proxies and call it a day.
>>
>>44578324
Because legacy tears taste even sweeter?
>>
>>44577942
>Reminder 9ED features Urza Tron
Tron is good and pure in all of its forms and is the only way to play ramp in Modern as well as playing a whole fuckload of cards that no other decks in the format play. Consider killing yourself.
>>
>>44578324
dude just fuck magic, let's just go outside
>>
>>44578312
>Lost a dice roll
Ban dice.
>>
>>44578324
These guys would have an aneurysm playing against lands and mud though.
>>
>>44578276

idk why everybody complains about the price of modern and legacy when you could play edh

for the price of a competitive modern deck (that still has bad matchups you auto-lose to) you could build 3 top tier edh decks, or 8 casual edh decks

hundreds of amazing edh cards are less than a dollar

oh yeah and edh is just more varied. instead of every match coming down to bullshit sideboard hoser cards and who won the dice roll, anything can happen!
>>
>>44578527
>being proud of being a casual
R E D D I T
E
D
D
I
T
>>
>>44578560

thats not what im saying at all, people can play how they like i just think if you dont want to pay for the more expensive formats, why not maximiaze your competitive potential in a cheaper format?
>>
>>44578560
>Thinking you can't be competitive in EDH
A great thing is beating a deck right after the guy basically says his deck has answers to anything I can do.
>>
>>44578644
>thinking you can be competitive at edh
oh yeah dude, I think derevi stax is rly well positioned for this next edh pro tour
>>
>>44578664
>Implying any fags here will ever be on the pro-tour
>Implying you need a pro-tour like event to be competitive
>>
>>44577816
>>44577942
In all seriousness though, is MTG starting to become infected by hearthstone baddies? To put it into perspective, every time a deck is remotely good the hearthstone community as a whole whines and whines about it until blizzard nerfs it; this has happened to almost every single best deck in hearthstone's history.
>>
>>44578840
it's the same cancerous mindset, yes
although to be fair, a lot of hearthstone is bullshit and the top hearthstone decks are leagues better than other decks, IE any paladin deck
>>
>>44578840
That's how everything at Blizzard works, not just hearthstone.
>>
File: 1451665923303.jpg (99KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451665923303.jpg
99KB, 600x600px
>>44578527
EDH is garbage outside of playing 4 man battle royales while getting drunk with your friends. Bullshit mechanics/effects like infect translate poorly in EDH and there's always that guy that wants to shit up a casual format. I'd rather get bullied by lantern control in modern.

Also fuck shuffling those giant dicks. My hands are too small for that shit.
>>
>>44578927
What about getting bullied by mono-red lantern control in EDH?
>>
>>44578965
How the fuck does that even.
>>
>>44578965
This sounds really trolly. You got a list for it?
>>
>>44577816
I think it would be easier if they just banned all blue cards.
>>
>>44579136
Reminds me that I will still never understand the complaint from casuals of counterspells when simple spot removal does the same thing and more readily.
>>
>>44579619
I think you mean targeted discard
>>
>>44579081
Not quite yet, but I am running Kurkesh, Onakke Ancient as the commander along with a combination of Lantern of Insight, Ghoul Caller's Bell, Pyxis of Pandemonium, and mill stone
The Win Con besides beating faces with Artifact Creatures is getting Hellkite Tyrant out and vomitting out all of my artifacts either via pyxis or other means (or mycosynth lattice and attacking people with Hellkite Tyrant)
>>
File: memey.jpg (30KB, 403x497px) Image search: [Google]
memey.jpg
30KB, 403x497px
I can't wait for the ban announcement so we can stop arguing over it for like 4 months
ban inkmoth nexus because I dislike the card
>>
>>44578840
This has been the mindset of the masses for literally everything ever.

>Is something good?
>If yes, do I have it/directly benefit from it?
>If no, WHINE
>>
>>44578965
>>44579075
>>44579081
That sounds fucking amazing. What general and how do you build it?
>>
>>44578254
That's your own fault for playing too many basics. Wanderwhine hub, oboro, minato are more than enough blue.
>>
>>44578276
Why not just build burn? You have all the expensive stuff and it's tier one
>>
>>44578254
>Boil
Is this a new meme or something?
Boil is fucking TWoo-tier.
>>
>>44578927
Same with highlander, fucking 100 card singleton. Give me 60 card singleton!
>>
File: Image(1).jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image(1).jpg
28KB, 223x310px
Is the hatred of Twin real?
>>
File: Image(4).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image(4).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Unban
Yes/No?
>>
>>44580020
It would break the format on the same level as a Necropotence reprint would. Fuck yeah.
>>
>>44580020
If you think a Hypergenesis unban is a good idea, then you have no idea how that deck actually operates. Hypergenesis is like Living End but better in every way.
>>
>>44577942
you need to consult your physician about whether statins are suitable for you because that much salt can't be good for your heart
>>
>>44580055
I do. I just want an op combo.
>>
>>44579783
Kurkesh for that sweet activated ability doubling.
And I haven't built it, not yet.
>>
>>44580020
Just reprint Show&Tell imo.
>>
>>44580128

Yeah with less stupid art this time maybe
>>
>>44578840

>every time a deck is remotely good

It's happened literally twice. Twice. Miracle rogue got nerfed because it was genuinely broken, even now it's still strong enough to see play so it clearly wasn't a complete neutering. Patron warrior was the only other example and while that one wasn't as deserved (I still don't know how people lost to that deck, you knew exactly what they needed to do to win and it was so easy to prevent) it is slightly understandable since warsong commander would have warped the design of every single card with 3 or less attack forever. I'd much prefer getting something like a neutral dreadsteed one day to having a boring meme combo deck around.

No other decks have ever been killed. Freeze mage, handlock, wallet warrior and everything else are still doing just fine. Face hunter has received several nerfs to cards but since the hero power is the only actually broken thing they cannot stop the deck without just removing all aggressive cards from the game, it's been "nerfed" like five times but since it's still one of the most consistent decks that hardly seems like it supports your claims.

But of course you'll just go on assuming you know how games you don't even play work and whining about a reality that doesn't exist.
>>
>>44580269
>I still don't know how people lost to that deck, you knew exactly what they needed to do to win and it was so easy to prevent
Knowing what's coming doesn't save you from a kill from an empty board, not in Hearthstone.
Not to mention how hard it shat on anything aggro. You could build a deck to counter it, but you can do that to absolutely any deck.
>>
>>44580316

Shitting on aggro is a good thing, fuck those kids.

They needed a massive number of specific cards and a lot of mana to kill you from an empty board, if you put pressure on them early even with a non-aggro deck you would generally be favored to win. They need to burn combo cards staying alive which means it takes them longer to combo which means you have more time to punch them in the face with whatever mediocre threat you have on the board. I used to kill them with Blackrock dragon priest, the slow control version before things like agent and guardian existed. They'd just get beaten down by 3/5s and 5/4s. It was like druid except they needed twice as many cards to go off and they didn't have anywhere near as many playable threats to push you into lethal range earlier in the game or fight for board control. Then you'd see someone play out a bunch of 1 and 2 attack minions, hold back threats that would die to a weapon and do other slow, dumb things and then cry about how broken it was when they unsurprisingly exploded on turn 15.
>>
>>44578527
I'm glad you pulled those numbers out of literally nowhere.

Plus it's impossible to find people who play edh regularly who are worth playing with, and those that are cool to play with usually have some manner of a real deck in a non-standard format built, so why the fuck waste time with edh.
>>
Cant wait till summer bloom is the only ban and you people can shut up abt 9e and 8e already
>>
Euler go to bed
>>
No Changes to Modern Banned/Restricted list

screencap this post
>>
File: now what.png (588B, 55x18px) Image search: [Google]
now what.png
588B, 55x18px
>>44580666
>>
File: tumblr_mwn8c1cx9L1s0ysuuo1_1280.png (34KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwn8c1cx9L1s0ysuuo1_1280.png
34KB, 666x666px
>>44580731
>>
Unban DRS and BBE desu
>>
What is up with bloom?did it get some upgrade or did people notice just now it exists?
>>
File: Stormchaser-Mage_EN_HRR.png (187KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Stormchaser-Mage_EN_HRR.png
187KB, 265x370px
Never ever?
>>
Playing my first IQ soon, I've played Magic a while just never had time to do any bigger events due to work/school or whatever.
What should I expect?
Will kids become super try hard and start calling a judge on me for every little thing to get a free win?
I play Jund and have it tuned for my local meta, should I change it back to a more generic list?
Any other things I should be looking for?
>>
As a GIRLFRIEND FREE MAGIC PLAYER I, CWC, demand that FAIR AND BALANCED decks played by TRUE AND HONEST magic players be protected from MARY LEE WALSH and her JERKDECKS using summer bloom
>>
>>44577816
go back to Standard/Hearthstone
>>
>>44581255
in SCGVILLE, FAIR AND BALANCED decks can be played, where you can SHOCK TO THE EXTREME with TWINCHU
>>
I'm really new to Modern, so forgive me for being dumb.
What exactly is the appeal of Remand? Is it the flexible cost? The draw?
>>
>>44581251
>>44581272
Those are some, uh, timely references there, anon.
>>
>>44581296
It's cheap, efficient, and replaces itself.
>>
>>44581296
Because Remand is cheap and replaces itself, it's a good tempo card.

Worst cast scenario: Your opponent has to spend twice as much mana to cast their spell this turn, you get to dig one card into your library. No card advantage lost, but opponent lost some tempo.

Usual scenario: Your opponent can't cast anything else this turn since they tapped out to cast the spell, you get to dig one card into your library, and you now know what they're probably going to cast next turn. No card advantage lost, and you gained both tempo and information.
>>
>>44579728
I thought that one guy got rid of you
>>
>>44581452
Just like jesus he died and came back for our sins
>>
>>44581468
Just like Jesus, he has delusions of grandeur and is likely a hack.
>>
Travis "nigger grave digger" Woo
>>
>>44581619
does he have a stream we can spam with that or something?
>>
>>44581634
/traviswoo
>>
>>44581619
>>44581634
>>44581660
What did I miss?
>>
Thinking of buying into GB infect since I have some of the pieces.
Do you guys think it's just a big meme?
>>
>>44581913
yes. buy into UG if anything.
>>
>>44579838
Because burn is trash
>>
>>44578158
Infect is a great deck, high tier 1.5 verging on tier 1. It's been a solid, viable choice for years now
>>
>>44581913
Yeah it's meme tier and won't continually place well like UG
>>
>>44580020
Every time I go on these threads I'm shocked at how retarded /tg/ is with magic
>>
>>44580878
It finally won a major tournament (an SCG Open, I think)
>>44581238
You probably won't be playing against kids, you'll be playing against nerd grinders. They'll be quiet and noncommittal and you'll exchange about three words that aren't directly related to the game state. Hard to give you deck advice without more info, though.
>Any other things I should be looking for?
Always keep an eye on your opponent shuffling your deck, to not get cheated. Be nice and clear about what you're doing at all times. If in doubt, call a judge.
>>
>>44581238
Unless the event is taking place at your local shop, I'd recommend shifting toward a more generic list. Jund has a lot if good sb options that are good in multiple situations.
>>
>>44581238
Be clear about moving from phase to phase, and declare combat before turning any creatures sideways.
Always confirm with opp life totals whenever they change.
Scout the room when you get there for sideboard advice, you'll likely want a stock sideboard if you don't get good information from looking around.
Lastly, call a judge whenever you have any questions, it's tempting to figure it out with your opp, but can bite you in the ass, and give your opp a reason to call the judge on you if you say the wrong thing.

Basically play like you don't actually enjoy the game in any way.
>>
>>44577816
I hope those editions do get banned, I won't even be mad about my blood moons dropping, I just want to play my UU spells without worrying about an enchantment that I literally cannot deal with in my colours.
>>
>>44577816
>8ED and 9ED should be banned Edition
Bro you gotta fucking cool it with this
>>
>>44581094
Why can't Wizards just admit that Delver was a mistake?
>>
Is Cheerios a thing in Modern?
>>
>>44582178
>playing blue
>not a single answer to enchantments
Sure
>>
>>44582198
>cheerios
What?
>>
>>44582194
It wasn't?

>>44582198
Not without glimpse of nature and gaea'sv cradle
>>
>>44582220
I'm pretty sure a 3/2 flier for U in a deck that's built to protect efficient threats is a design fuck up.
>>
so with bloom winning this last open, do you guys expect to see a significant increase in blood moon in either the main or the side for charlotte? I'm planning on bringing infect and while I'm not really worried about moon under normal circumstances, having multiple copies main deck would fuck me up. I have infect, titanshift, grixis delver, and bloom built. Is it worth taking an audible? Should I just build twin?
>>
>>44582250
Except it's not a 3/2 flier. Its a 1/1 that turns into a 3/2 flier if you warp your deck construction greatly. Its a threat that gets worse when you play more threats in your deck. You can't jam delver into a creature with 30 creatures. It only works in an aggro deck that's light on threats, and heavy on ways to find/protect its threats.
>>
>>44582250
In what world is this unkillable? Are you firing off bolts and paths towards it in a way that doesn't pressure their mana base?
I haven't seen delver do well locally or in tournaments for a while
>>
>>44582198
Maybe cloudstone curio + something that cares about creatures entering the battlefield
>>
>>44582267
Sell your Bloom deck cause that shit's getting banned
>>
>>44582194
Wizards will not bc maro is a filthy Jew who has admitted to loving blue and hating green. I will say it was a mistake, albeit one I will never stop playing.
>>
>>44582267
I don't think anyone is siding in blood moon against infect, regardless of how many copies they have in their sideboard
>Is it worth taking an audible
a what?
>>
>>44582210
Bunch of 0 cost Equipment. It's a Legacy deck

Most versions run Mentor and Puresteel Paladin as cheap ways of getting creatures out and free equip costs. Vedalken Archmage gives draw
>>
>>44582285
honestly not a bad idea. I'll probably bring it and try to offload it into some vendors there.
>>
>>44580269
OTK warrior was the first deck that was ever killed, actually, way back in closed beta warsong commander used to have no attack clause on her ability, people used molten giants and youthful brewmasters for 32-38 damage otks straight out of hand with enough mana left over to execute something with a brewmaster to get through taunts
>>
>>44582199
not once they've hit the table numbnuts
>inb4 "cryptic command"
>>
>wah wah blue got a good creature that's not supposed to happeeeeeeeeeen
>>
>>44582297
audible is (I think) a football term referring to the qb making a last minute play call decision. In magic it means changing your deck choice right before the event.
>>
>>44582301
But really, it's all the 0 cost creatures, gaeas cradle and glimpse of nature. Its looking to mulligan to glimpse, then draw a ton of cards and win with a craterhoof, that 2g quest enchantment that gives all creatures +5/+5 and win on t2
>>
>>44582316
Yes that's correct.
You can't have good sorceries and instants AND creatures
>>
>>44582288
But Wizards loves green and hates blue now.
>>
>>44582307
If you let it hit the table that's your fault. Blue has good stack based interaction, so if you lose to bm you probably shouldn't have tapped out turn 2
>>
>>44582297
also, people will side it I'm against me bc it will fuck me up by shutting off my second best threat and also I only run 2 basic forests.
>>
I might actually try out RUG Delver and just replace the Goyfs with Hooting Mandrills or even Savage Knuckleblade. I've already got most of the deck from building RUG Loam
>>
>>44582267
If you want to run twin, run RU twin.
But yeah sell that Titan deck now, even if it doesn't get banned, make your profit while it's hot.
>>
>>44582288
>maro hates green
So he hates the second most powerful color in magic history?
>>
>>44582341
>YOU SHOULD NEVER PLAY A SPELL IN YOUR TURN AFTER TURN 1 BECAUSE YOUR OPPONENT MIGHT CAST A BLOOD MOON
>>
>>44582301
Sounds pretty cool, is it a bit out of favour right now? Haven't seen it in any legacy coverage. But no, I don't think there's any modern equivalent to it right now, not since eggs was b&

>>44582326
Right, then no, don't do that. Modern meta can't really be "gamed' that hard, it's way more important that you play with a deck you're familiar with, rather than hope for some silver bullet meta call, the format's too diverse.

>>44582331
You can't have good sorceries and instants AND creatures
Sorry lightning bolt and goblin guide, one of you has to go.
Same for you, path to exile and stoneforge mystic.
Also dark confidant and whatever black spell you care to name, I can do this all day you fucking moron.
>>
>>44582328
>mulligan to glimpse, then draw a ton of cards and win with a craterhoof, that 2g quest enchantment that gives all creatures +5/+5 and win on t2
Oh shit that sounds fun. I'm too broke for Legacy though, and no stores around me have support for it, hence why I asked about Modern
>>
>>44582343
Yeah they may, but bringing in moon against infect isn't exactly intuitive.
>>
>>44582355
Uh... yeah. If you're playing blue control, then holding up a mana leak on turn 2 is basically your best play.
>>
>>44582337
I think that's a hasbro thing. They're obsessed with bringing in new players, but don't care about holding onto existing ones.
>>
>>44582381
>Shun existing players
>Bring in new ones
>Soon the new players are your existing players
>Shun them
>Bring in new ones
>Soon the new players are your existing players
>Shun them
>There's no one left who has any interest in your game
>Game dies
>>
>>44582355
Yes, you should understand that if it's game 2 and your hand can't beat blood moon, you need to play around it. Playing to your outs/playing to not lose is magic
>>
>>44582345
Rug delver already runs 4 mandrills, you'll need another threat. It's a super duper fun deck though.
>>
>>44582387
exactly. they're dumbing it down significantly in the interest of standard babies wanting to smash creatures into each other and now scg doesn't even support legacy anymore. Makes me sad :/
>>
>>44582388
So because Blood Moon is legal in the format, I have to potentially take mulligans just to have a hand that's capable of beating it, and then play around it constantly just incase my opponent has it?

How can you not see the existence of Blood Moon as a problem here? It warps games without even being played.
>>
>>44582371
Its an answer to inkmoth that might get extra value, I'll take it in for that alone
>>
>>44577816
>I can't compete so I am angry and I want to force the relevant authority to make everyone stronger than me weaker!
Typical marxist dogshit. Enjoy being "trans"
>>
>>44582405
>and then play around it constantly just incase my opponent has it
What do you think a control deck *does*, anon? You must be the worst player in the world if your blue-based control deck can't handle anticipating an opponent's possible plays and attempting to leverage answers against them. That's literally what your deck does.
>>
>>44582405
Yeah playing around powerful spells is part of magic. There's nothing wrong with this.

You must be playing Grixis, because you apparently have no other outs to blood moon. Try building a manabase that can be cast off one or two basics.
>>
>>44582301
>Most versions run Mentor and Puresteel Paladin
No? Not in Legacy anyway. Usually it's Glimpse of Nature, then dropping a shitload of 0-drop creatures (Cheeri0s) on T3 or sooner and then wrecking someone with a Storm spell, either Grapeshot or Tendrils.

I like the Equipment idea though, especially with Puresteel and Equip 0.
>>
File: 1451798318443.jpg (417KB, 850x888px) Image search: [Google]
1451798318443.jpg
417KB, 850x888px
>>44582421
this desu
>>
>>44582434
Who in all fuck said anything about control? I could be talking about anything here. Do Jund/Abzan have to not play a Goyf on the draw so they can hold up Abrupt Decay mana in response to a potential Blood Moon?

>>44582447
>Try building a manabase that can be cast off one or two basics.
A manabase? Did you mean a deck? You want me to build my entire deck with the existence of Blood Moon in mind?

NIGGER YOU ARE NOW LITERALLY ASKING AN ENTIRE FORMAT TO WARP BECAUSE OF BLOOD MOON

HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THAT BLOOD MOON IS A FORMAT WARPING CARD HERE
>>
>>44582452
You've labeled the more common build, but i think a puresteel build is possible if less common, and would still be cheeri0s
>>
>>44582464
But anon, there are already decks with the idea of Blood Moon around it.
>>
>>44582464
Why do you keep saying that like its a bad thing? It shapes/warps the format in a way that makes it more interesting.
>>
>>44582447
Grixis is a deck that RUNS blood moon in the sideboard. And it has a million fetchlands to pull up basics. I have no idea what this retard is playing.

>>44582464
Who in all fuck said anything about control? I could be talking about anything here
What blue deck are you running that has counterspells that can't handle a blood moon, then?

also
>A lightning bolt? You want me to build my entire deck with the existence of creatures with toughness <3 in mind?

>NIGGER YOU ARE NOW LITERALLY ASKING AN ENTIRE FORMAT TO WARP BECAUSE OF creatures with toughness <3

>HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THAT creatures with toughness <3 IS A FORMAT WARPING CARD HERE
>>
>>44582467
>a puresteel build is possible if less common
In Legacy? Not that I've seen. I do kind of want to fuck around with a Modern version, like a weirder/worse Voltron-Affinity thing, I dunno

Also why are so many old decks named after brands of cereal
>>
>>44582387
It's an excellent business model. There are ALWAYS new players. And they don't complain about the new product. They also sing praise about the game and usher in the next generation of players. Repeat.
>>
>>44582493
Because deck naming used to be fun. Full English Breakfast? Spanish inquisition? The Gate?
>>
>>44582488
The most a Lightning Bolt can do is 3 damage. The most a Blood Moon can do is turn your opponent's entire manabase into lands that produce mana he has absolutely no use for, essentially destroying his entire game on the spot.

The difference is the size of what they do.
>>
>>44582493
Oh yeah that probably is a modern build. I just figure there are so many tier 2-3 legacy decks that someone has probably tried it
>>
>>44582494
>There are ALWAYS new players
Hasn't Wizards stopped telling us about their sales?
>>
>>44582520
I don't know. So what if they have? Whatever reason we could think of to explain why would be baseless speculation anyway.
>>
>>44582513
Blood Moon only destroys your entire deck if you play a retardedly greedy 3 colour deck with no basics. You deserve to get punished for that. Every three colour deck not piloted by a moron either has plenty of outs in the board, or just runs a deck with several basics/fetches in non red colours. Christ, I am a fucking TRON player and I don't hate blood moon nearly as much as you do. PLAY BASICS. FETCH IN RESPONSE TO THE BLOOD MOON. YOU DON'T EVEN NEED VERY MANY FOR THIS TO WORK.
>>
>>44582513
>The most a Blood Moon can do is turn your opponent's entire manabase into lands that produce mana he has absolutely no use for, essentially destroying his entire game on the spot.

holy shit nobody fucking cares that you lost a childrens card game once, build a bridge and fucking get over it you whiny little shitstain

you lost fair and square, deal with it
>>
>>44582513
So its a card that makes you think about it during deck design. It like null rod in vintage.

Warping a format is fine if it makes the format more interesting. Bad format warping makes a format less interesting. The effect blood moon has is unique, and you need to be able to support it to run it, but it can fit into many types of decks so it doesn't actually reduce diversity in the metagame
>>
>>44582511
>Full English Breakfast? Spanish inquisition? The Gate?
What the fuck lel

I need to know what these are
>>
>>44582464
>HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THAT BLOOD MOON IS A FORMAT WARPING CARD HERE

HOW DO YOU NOT SEE YOU ARE A SPINELESS FUCKING CRYBABY WHO NEEDS TO EITHER GET GOOD OR STOP SHITTING UP THIS HOBBY WITH YOUR MEWLING
>>
>>44582542
To be fair Blood moon can do quite a number on Burn since it shuts down at least a quarter of the deck.

But yea good decks don't care about Blood Moon
>>
>>44582545
I've never lost to Blood Moon. Infact, I play the exact type of deck that has the easiest time dealing with a Blood Moon. it's not about who is right, but what is right.

>>44582558
So how about unbanning Treasure Cruise then?
>>
can the cancerous millennial cunt droppings of the safe space and everyone gets a medal era please just speedrun a gallon of bleach and not turn a COMPETITIVE GAME into some commie handholding festival
>>
>>44582559
>hmm what do I side in against a deck full of lightning bolts? oh, I know! I'll make all their lands tap for R! Brilliant!!
>>
>>44582553
The Gate is legacy monoblack control. Full English Breakfast is a now defunct survival of the fittest/volraths shapeshifter deck. Spanish inquisition is legacy BWR storm that's built to go off turn 1 as much as possible and runs the BBB draw 4's maindeck
>>
>>44582578
Naya burn needs three colors though and it has no space for Forest/Plains

But yea most people never consider to run it anyway.
>>
Jesus you guys. My deck has exactly one basic and no way to fetch it beyond destroying my own land AND I need to produce 7 mana. Yet I don't bitch about blood moon.
>>
>>44582549
>Warping a format is fine if it makes the format more interesting. Bad format warping makes a format less interesting
Really the term "format warping" is weasel words. Depending on whether you like it or not it's either format "warping" or format "defining", like terrorist/freedom fighter.

>>44582570
>So how about unbanning Treasure Cruise then?
Because cruise was actually format warping. Changed the metagame more or less overnight, made a single deck basically unbeatable, made dozens of other decks unviable. If you are honestly comparing the two you are even more of an amateur crybaby than I thought.
>>
>>44582570
treasure cruise was literally ancestral recall though
imagine if wizards made a black lotus with delve 7
>>
Let's also ban chalice, trino, and shackles while we're at it guys.
>>
>>44582593
>made dozens of other decks unviable
Are you talking about Blood Moon here?
>>
>>44582579
The best is Solidarity, which is some sort of high tide deck.

Next time you brew a deck, don't call it UW Whatever. Just throw a dart at the dictionary!
>>
>>44582595
>imagine if wizards made a black lotus with delve 7
It would be considerably worse than Treasure Cruise because you couldn't crank it out turn 1, which is exactly what makes Lotus so powerful. Recall is just an efficient gasser you can use whenever.
>>
>>44582570
>it's not about who is right, but what is right.

I'll tell you what's "right" you pissbaby, the fact that apparently your response to getting outplayed is to run to teacher and cry until someone else solves your terminal lack of a dick

small wonder america is in the shit, can you imagine if these attitudes had existed when your grandpa was dying for freedom?

"oh please mr hitler your mg42 is a format warping weapon please can we ban it"
>>
>>44582493
If you're going the Mentor/Paladin route, maybe get some Champion of the Parish in there somehow. Shit would get crazy with all those tokens and 0-drop Artifacts
>>
>>44582579
>Spanish inquisition
because nobody expected it right?
>>
Ok so I looked away from modern for a couple of weeks and what the fuck is this eldrazi meme deck that's going around? Is it even worth playing or will it just die out like lantern control did?
>>
>>44582597
Chalice getting restricted was good, but now I can't play it in dredge where its not that busted. Which is kind of sad.
>>
>>44582617
Cloudstone curio + mentor if the meek could be a hell of an engine
>>
>>44582595
> black lotus with delve 7
It would actually be incredibly fair.
>>
>>44582601
No, I was talking about cruise. BM hasn't invalidated any decks.

>>44582624
It's actually pretty fucking solid, looks like it might be the real deal http://www dot twitch dot tv/scglive/v/33172752?t=4h24m24s
>>
>>44582624
Waiting for someone to build the best Eldrazi deck
Then waiting to see how shit/good it is. So far it folds to Aggro.
>>
>>44582614
This has nothing to do with being outplayed, and everything to do with players being forced to mulligan down regardless of whether or not their opponent even has a Blood Moon in their 75. You're asking players to play around a card that their opponent might not even be running. That is quite literally the definition of format warping; a card so good at what it does that all decks are forced to be scared of it and act as if their opponent always has it.
>>
>>44582621
I think that's what you yell when you turn 0 them
>>
>>44582614
I'm with you that he's an idiot, but the rest of your post is jingoistic nonsense that detracts from your argument.
>>
>>44582640
Cloudstone Curio doesn't trigger off artifacts senpai.
>>
>>44582640
Well, I meant Monastery Mentor, but that looks like a solid one too

>>44582655
Monk tokens
>>
>>44582648
See>>44582593

The metagame is too diverse as it is, there's no reason to ban blood moon for being format changing.
>>
>>44582645
>it invalidated my super awesome 5C control with Geist and cruel ultimatum and siege rhino!
>>
>>44582655
Shows how much I play with it!
>>
>>44582668
YeahThatsAboutRight.jpg
>>
>>44582614
>"oh please mr hitler your mg42 is a format warping weapon please can we ban it"

Except that's pretty much how we do it.

Cluster Bombs, Nerve Gas and chemical weapons, Landmines, Non X-ray visible fragment devices, incendiary devices.

There's a whole shitload of stuff that's "banned" from war.
>>
>>44582668
Ha jokes on them! I run three basic swamps and two islands so I'm sure to be able to cast ultimatum!
>>
>>44582645

It looks really interesting but fuck me that price hike on the main cards. I mean eye of ugin at $27, eldrazi temple at $7, newlamog at $20, hot damn. That's too much for my poor ass.
>>
File: 1305531324478.jpg (54KB, 719x720px) Image search: [Google]
1305531324478.jpg
54KB, 719x720px
>>44582648
What part of "if you want to build an incredibly greedy manabase with no basics in it then you run the risk of being fucked on, which wouldn't happen to people who made a more conservative manabase" don't you understand? Every deck has things that are good against it, you either play around it (which you seem to be mortally offended at the suggestion of) or you build your deck in such a way as to be resilient to it. I don't get pissed off a pyroclasm/anger of the gods because it fucks my b/w tokens deck, I run discard to nab it and try to play around it when I think my opponent is sitting on it. Same goes with affinity and shatter effects, burn and lifegain, merfolk and boil etc. etc.

Grow up. You don't get to have everything go your way. You don't get to have the world's most greedy manabase so you can have all your colours + man lands + utility lands + whatever and not get punished for it. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too, much less deny opponents their cake.
>>
>>44582614
>your mg42 is a format warping weapon please can we ban it
kek

Functional reprint with the M60 though
>>
>>44582662
And you're going to call it Monky See
>>
>>44582694
We still use phosphorus weapons though. Just not offensively *wink wink*
>>
File: 3637496377_dfb5a846f6_z[1].jpg (55KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
3637496377_dfb5a846f6_z[1].jpg
55KB, 450x300px
>>44582694
>Caring about Bans
I say Gas-er Play what you want
>>
File: stormchaser.png (265KB, 318x444px) Image search: [Google]
stormchaser.png
265KB, 318x444px
So, UR burn/prowess?

:^)
>>
>>44582729
Or Monky Sea
>>
File: yes.jpg (14KB, 225x259px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
14KB, 225x259px
>>44582662
>dropping 0-cost artifacts, bouncing tokens and Mentor of the Meek and making Champion of the Parish into a fucking monster
>drawing like crazy off Mentor

Oh fug I have to build this now
>>
>>44582741
New toy for ur delver maybe.
>>
>>44582741
>Flying And Haste
>AND Prowess
>On a 1 Power AND 3 Toughness creature
>Thats an UNCOMMON

Shit should be a mythic according to how Wizards has been making cards.
>>
>>44582664
>The metagame is too diverse as it is
Only because everyone gets to pick and choose what uninteractive deck they want to play. Burn v Affinity v Infect v Scapeshift v Bloom v Goryo's v Ad Nauseam. It doesn't really matter which one you play, the game plan is to ignore your opponent.

>>44582721
Wasteland punishes greedy mana bases. What Blood Moon does shouldn't really be described as punishing them. And by making a more conservative mana base, you're forced to warp your entire deck's construction PURELY BECAUSE ONE CARD EXISTS. It's like when Skullclamp was around and you HAD to run hate cards for it just incase your opponent was running it. Do you think Skullclamp was fair because people could play around it in deck construction? Shit no you don't.

Everything you say implies that everyone should build their deck with Blood Moon in mind. Do you build your deck with Cranial Plating in mind? Do you build it with Amulet of Vigor in mind? Do you build it with Splinter Twin in mind? Do you fuck. Yet you expect everyone to build their main AND sideboard differently purely because Blood Moon was printed over a decade ago.
>>
no legacy general so I'm posting here. my lgs is doing full proxy legacy tonight. can anyone give me something really absurd to show up with?
>>
>>44582785
ANT is always fun
>>
>>44582785
3 Balustrade Spy
4 Chancellor of the Annex
1 Flayer of the Hatebound
4 Golgari Grave-Troll
4 Golgari Thug
4 Ichorid
4 Narcomoeba
4 Nether Shadow
4 Phantasmagorian
4 Shambling Shell
4 Stinkweed Imp
4 Street Wraith
4 Bridge from Below
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Dread Return
4 Gitaxian Probe
>>
>>44582775
Needs a third ability to make it mythic.
Like devoid :^)
>>
>>44582785
Honestly? Don't bring a turn 1 combo deck, it's not going to be as fun as it sounds.

Try loam pox, especially if there's a lot of delver. Or enchantress, that's a ton of fun. If you want to actually learn a deck bring aluren
>>
>>44582809
I think that people underestimate how abusive Devoid can be.
>>
>>44582783
>Wasteland destroys lands
>Blood moons makes nonbasics mountains
>WASTELAND IS PUNISHING. BLOOD MOON IS INDESCRIBABLE TORTURE THAT WARPS YOUR DECK CONSTRUCTION.
>>
>>44582822
Not very because you still have to pay colours for the creature. It's strictly worse than the creature actually being colourless.
>>
>>44582729
Will I though? I don't hate it but it sounds weird

What does Monky Do?

>>44582743
Splashing blue would probably be helpful
>>
>>44582798
I wouldn't bring ANT if you haven't goldfished it a bunch, and learned how to sideboard against decks. Your g2s are going to be horrific if you didn't realize that goblins can play ethersworn canonist, or that xantid swarm isn't good against every blue deck
>>
>>44582822
Abusive? No, I don't think so. Useful? Yeah, probably.
>>
>>44582831
>>44582837
Give it time, Anons.
>>
>>44582741
A better wee dragonauts. Is it better than Abbot of Keral Keep though?
>>
>>44582834
I was thinking because you attack with a sea of monks. That's also what monky do
>>
>>44582783
>Everything you say implies that everyone should build their deck with Blood Moon in mind
No, you cretin, I'm saying every deck needs to identify the cards that are good against it and deal with it, hence this quote
>I don't get pissed off a pyroclasm/anger of the gods because it fucks my b/w tokens deck, I run discard to nab it and try to play around it when I think my opponent is sitting on it. Same goes with affinity and shatter effects, burn and lifegain, merfolk and boil etc. etc.
Most decks in the format are not inconvenienced at all by blood moon, it's only jund/abzan, tron and bloom that are hosed by it and all of them have answers.
>What Blood Moon does shouldn't really be described as punishing them
Uh, yes it should. That's exactly what it does. You seem to be labouring under the impression that blood moon just wins people the game literally every time it resolves, which is flat out untrue. Again, I say this as a fucking tron player.
Just fucking tell us what your bullshit deck is. You've been ridiculously coy about it, I suspect because you know we'll laugh at you for folding to blood moon with it. Put your money where your mouth is, tell us your deck or better yet print your decklist.
>>
>>44582841
Alright anon. Hit me with a truth bomb.
>>
>>44582783
Yes? If you don't have sideboard cards for those matchups then you're dumb
>>
File: 1345647700623.jpg (22KB, 225x277px) Image search: [Google]
1345647700623.jpg
22KB, 225x277px
>>44582845
I like it

Now I have to figure out the bones of it
>>
>>44582785
Bring the gate, pox or MUD. MUD is easy to learn and has good game against a lot of decks
>>
>>44582853
Oh, I've got nothing right now.
But these types of abilities, they get stronger with every card printed around it.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>44582876
Well fuck me anon, better speculate now.
>>
>>44582852
>No, you cretin, I'm saying every deck needs to identify the cards that are good against it and deal with it, hence this quote
You're obfuscating the fact that your answer is "yes".
>Most decks in the format are not inconvenienced at all by blood moon
Well if we ignore that modern has very few tier 1 decks at all, you still need to add Infect, possibly Burn because it makes a lot of their deck uncastable, this new Eldrazi memedeck becomes a lot worse since they can't cheat anything out.

Just admit it, Blood Moon does far more than a 3 mana card should. It's a fuckhuge threat in legacy, a format with Force of fucking Will.
>>
>>44582864
Thanks for the suggestions. In the spirit of this thread I might bring dragon stompy
>>
>>44582860
Whats the engine? Mentor of the meek or puresteel paladin? If you run both, maybe trinket mage is good because he triggers off both of them and you definitely need card filter so blue is necessary. Vedalken arcmage as a second puresteel?
>>
>>44582876
Fair enough. I actually got kind of excited when devoid was revealed. Ancient Stirrings can only get stronger.
>>
>>44582898
I like stompy, the less 1 and 2 drops you run the better you are against miracles. I support running trinisphere because it makes delver/storm players cry and makes force of will really bad
>>
>>44582906
Yeah that's what I'm trying to figure out. I like Puresteel more because I'm a sucker for Equipment, and I think that would make more sense overall, more focused
>>
>>44582080
Guess you never learn, huh?
>>
>>44582896
>Its a fuckhuge threat in legacy
Spotted the guy who has never played legacy
>>
Would you guys find it weirder if a new face showed up at your local game shop and took out either:

1) an anime themed play mat, but with monocolor sleeved cards

2) or a monocolored playmat, but with anime themed card sleeves

I assume both would be coming on too strong.
>>
>>44582946
The problem with just puresteel is that you need him to get going, so either another card like him or ways to find him
>>
>>44582896
You've not yet expirience true oppression in this game. Blood Moon is baby tier.
>>
>>44582990
Its good, it's just not that good. I'll take it in against shardless, but they just fetch basics and then it does nothing
>>
>>44583002
No one will give a shit.
>>
>>44582576
I like you, anon.
>>
>>44583002
I would find a solid color playmat bizarre regardless of the sleeves
>>
>>44583003
What would you recommend? Running both leaves less room for the 0-drops
>>
>>44582178
Yeah that would be a shame
-points at red-
>>
>>44581094
Awesome, a reason for me to go back to playing my favorite deck.
>>
>>44582576
Ha, fucking this.
>>
>>44583002
I would have to fight the idea that this anime lover is automatically a scrub and remember to take my mulligans seriously.
>>
>>44582896
>You're obfuscating the fact that your answer is "yes".
What? How dense are you? I literally spelled out the decks that are weak to blood moon, and it clearly wasn't every deck in the format. Let's go through this, shall we?

Abzan/Jund - ding ding, we have a winner, really good if resolved, probably won't because of discard. Also, access to green for nature's claim etc.
Burn - doesn't care. Yeah yeah, turns off white/green mana. Assuming they don't just have the boros charms/atarka's commands in hand, tapping out on turn three and not interacting with the board is a terrible idea.
Affinity - doesn't care. Yeah yeah, turns off their man lands, but man lands are plan C for affinity at the best of times and, repeat it with me, tapping out on turn three and not interacting with the board is a terrible idea.
Tron - ding ding, we have a winner. Legitimately inconvenienced by blood moon, though not a free win at all.
Twin - doesn't care.
Bloom - ding ding, we have a winner, though again, not a game over. Pact of negation + green for enchantment removal + plus just getting to 6 mana the old fashioned way.
Infect - partial issue here. Stopping manlands is good and infect doesn't run a hell of a lot of basics, but again, tapping out and not affecting the board is a terrible idea.
Naya Zoo - doesn't care. They'll have the board presence out before hand, they have mana dorks and a million fetches to get basics. Best case scenario you shrink some nacatls.
Grixis - grixis runs its own blood moons, so it doesn't care. A million fetches, can aggressively go for basics.
Eldrazi - too early to tell if this is a real deck or not.
Merfolk - lol no
Grishoalbrand/Goryo's Vengeance - you are already dead if you try for blood moon
Elves - lol no
Living End - echhhh, maybe?
Hexproof - you are already dead if you try for blood moon

So we've got, like, three and a half decks that are seriously inconvenienced by blood moon? I notice you still haven't told us your deck you coward
>>
Just wondering

How fucked would a modern deck be if Blood Moon was dropped on Turn 1?
>>
>>44583068
Most would be pretty fucked, why?
>>
>>44583063
Tron player here. Can confirm Blood Moon is a pain in the ass. Can also confirm 0 shits given. Also doesn't prevent me from cracking that egg for green into nature's claim.
>>
>>44583095
I've had games where I literally left blood moon alive because it slowed down my opponent even more than me. I even once put a fate counter on it with o-stone because I wanted it around so much
>>
>>44583074
We've found our strategy, anon.
>>
>>44583034
Well, you could go for puresteel/mentor of the meek/monastery mentor and run flayer husk/trinket mage to trigger off both of them. The bonesaw and what else?
>>
>>44583114
I like that blood moon creates a situation that you see in legacy with wasteland. If you both have wastelands, and are both wasting each other aggressively, one of you is probably playing wrong
>>
>>44583114
I keked audibly at fate counter on blood moon. We'll played.
>>
>>44583154
Thanks. It was against some jeskai delver/control build, he had a fuckton of colonnades that I couldn't deal with at the time which would have been able to swing for lethal. Won the game by keeping him off any other creatures with o-stone and tutoring up lands, popping the blood moon just in time for Emmy to join the party. One of my top games with that deck.
>>
>>44583120
Sigil of distinction and paradise mantle are the two good ones. Kite shield, accorders shield and spidersilk net are less good. If you want to max out on equipment 24 is your number, whic means roughly every other draw will be 1 drop equipment
>>
>>44583149
It's really overstated how good it is against tron. It's good, don't get me wrong, but it slows the game down hugely, and that's generally where you want to be with tron. If my opponent has pressure in play, I'm worried, but otherwise I'm not that fussed. Even without nature's claim, o-stone is easy to cast and relatively easy to pop off a bunch of mountains, and I've had plenty of games where I just crawled up to hard-casting karns, wurmcoils and ugins
>>
>tfw EDH shitter
>tfw friends tells me I'm modern now
>tfw about to but Through the Breach jank

Talk me out of this please
>>
>>44583220
Goryo's vengeance/grishoalbrand is about the worst deck you can make right now, anon. It's got a really good chance of being banned very soon
>>
>>44583193
Riddlesmith isn't good but is possible, as is thoughtcast
>>
>>44583002
Depends.
Is either one lewd? If so, then the playmat would be somewhat more tolerable. Lewd sleeves could be weird, since you don't really get the chance to stop looking at them.

But if it's just 2d qts, then aside from proclaiming yourself to be a giant weaboo, it's kind of whatever. I'm a 29 year old man playing a tradeable card game: who am I to judge?
>>
>>44583220
Griselbrand is awsome. Pack some looting effects a run goryo's vengeance too.
>>
fuck man, all I wanted was to have more playable allies from BFZ and OGW and it looks like everything that's being released is just shit upon shit opun shit
fuck R&D and MaRo, the fucked over the only tribal i gave a shit about
>>
>>44583274
Don't play tribal anon. It's bad for you.
>>
>>44583120
I think the issue is if you go Mentor of the Meek you're going to want to go weenies, which conflicts with Cheerios/Puresteel. I think there's potential for an interesting build there between the two Mentors though, and Champion of the Parish like someone mentioned earlier. Maybe use Paradise Mantle on Monastery Mentor for fixing and it's a 0-drop

Here's what I think: Either go the Puresteel Mentor route, because there's lists out there, or brew some weird weenie shit with Meek, Champion and Monastery
>>
>>44583343
It seems like you're looking to curve puresteel into mentor, but what you have is a combo deck that's soft to creature removal
>>
>>44583238
>Has won nothing of note
>loses to itself
>goes off more irregularly than bloom before t4
>about a percentage of meta
>banned
What?
>>
>>44583365
I don't know what I'm trying to do, that other guy's suggestions are OK but I just don't know
>>
>>44583399
Modern bans things for a few reasons.
1. It's too good and taking up too large a percentage of the meta
2. Logistical issues, like eggs
3. It can reliably combo off before turn 4. Modern was intended to be a turn 4 format, and they don't like stuff that combos off turn 1 or 2 like legacy. Goryo's vengeance is pretty fragile, but possibly a little too close to too fast a combo deck.
>>
>>44583002
Depends on who you are. Maybe keep that shit to yourself if you are a fat neckbear.
>>
File: 1400698063254.png (111KB, 542x218px) Image search: [Google]
1400698063254.png
111KB, 542x218px
>>44583399

I used to play Belcher, this deck sounds perfect.
>>
I wish modern had a way to efficiently put cards in hand back into my library. Like some sort of instant... maybe cost at U...
>>
>>44582576
is English new to you
>>
>>44583452

Maybe the custom card general could brainstorm some ideas.
>>
>>44583185
>Delver with Colonnade
>Colonnade with Blood Moon
That dude was bad.
>>
>>44582576
I only play mtg in safe spaces, so I never loose, but only amicably come to draw with my opponent because we're both winners.
>>
>>44583436
>fat neckbear
>>
>>44583476
People really seem to think "my deck has red in it, I'm playing tron, blood moon = free win"
>>
>>44583399
I play grishoalbrand in paper. The only problem I have with it is the 'looses to itself' part. Sometimes, you loot some, put a brand into the graveyard, keep drawing looting/whispering/manamorphosing and then never see a through the breach or goryo's vengance. Other than that it's great though, you can power through counterspells with splice and pact, and combo faster than just about anything can kill you.
>>
>>44583524
I wish modern had a way to efficiently put cards in my library directly into the graveyard. Like some sort of instant... maybe cost at B...
>>
File: 1434227023758.png (762KB, 1000x1281px) Image search: [Google]
1434227023758.png
762KB, 1000x1281px
>>44583589
>>
>>44582194
In a Walking the Planes skit, MaRo joked about the mistake of making a one mana 3/2 flyer in blue, but pretty sure that dialogue was written by Nate and company.
>>
>>44583589
I really just want something like vamp tutor.
>>
I don't play Modern but I sorta follow coverage. Why would Bloom Titan get banned? The deck's been around for a while
>>
Reminder that gifts ungiven is both the most powerful card, and the most fun card currently legal in modern.
>>
>>44584140
Reminder that you are both wrong and stupid
>>
>>44583992
Because everyone cries about the T2 Hivemind/Titan kill which maybe happens 10-20% of the time. The recent perfomance from Bobby on the SCG Open didnt make it better, he had absolute nut draws both in the finals and the semifinals.
>>
>>44584278
>>44584278
>everyone cries about the T2 Hivemind/Titan kill which maybe happens 10-20% of the time
That's so silly

The deck looks fun and if you honestly have no way to handle it you're a shit builder
>>
>>44583002
I have literally brought an anime play mat to SCG and no one cared.
>>
>>44584451
>>44583002
Both would be weird.
But then again, the only one at our LGS who has an anime playmat is the definition of a fat neckbeard, so I may be biased.
>>
>>44584451
good thing you clarified you didn't figuratively bring it.
>>
>>44584478
One time I theoretically brought my play mat to fnm and that was a disaster

>>44584472
The greatest anime playmat i ever saw was at this LGS that didn't have enough chairs for MM opening so I had to sit on the floor. Some dude had all his waifus (from like digimon and YGO or something) topless playing volleyball together drawn in a really weird way/medium. God that place was a disaster. My friend snapped a picture ill try to find again.
>>
>>44583241
You need Retract
>>
File: CGM-8879.jpg (37KB, 255x350px) Image search: [Google]
CGM-8879.jpg
37KB, 255x350px
>>44583002
I think I'm going to keep my vintage reanimator deck in these sleeves.
>>
>>44584573
No need to conceal your power level if your playing vintage.
>>
>>44583002
>>44584573

Why not add this into the bargain?
>>44583463
>>
File: 71y3dhik+cL._SL1086_.jpg (158KB, 789x1086px) Image search: [Google]
71y3dhik+cL._SL1086_.jpg
158KB, 789x1086px
>>44584573
Post your anime sleeves

I run my legacy deck in this.
>>
File: 1.png (241KB, 280x400px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
241KB, 280x400px
>>44584573
>>44584667
>>44584702
I should probably get these to go with my Rin and Len playmat. But I like the Luka ones better.
>>
Why would anyone use anime sleeves instead of glorious, smooth shuffling kmc sleeves?
>>
>>44584902
I'm not gonna try to get inside the mind of a big weeb
>>
>>44584902
>not repping you're waifu

It also puts certain people on tilt. Mine shuffle pretty alright too.
>>
File: 1412531732114.jpg (39KB, 500x553px) Image search: [Google]
1412531732114.jpg
39KB, 500x553px
>>44584902
Because, for whatever sad reason, it makes me happy to own this kind of junk.

The Bushiroad HG series do shuffle nicely. And if you use an inner sleeve, the cards tend to get pretty stiff.
>>
File: 1432715763314.jpg (55KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1432715763314.jpg
55KB, 576x1024px
>>44584955

>tfw cute waifu sleeves and lewd waifu playmat

Sometimes I have to take breaks to slam my 10/10 cosplaying gf in the store bathroom between winning every match at FNM. I just get so worked up.
>>
Delverfag here, what are your thoughts on the 2 new izzet cards?
The 3cmc one looks neat, and the 2cmc one looks cool too.
Also, should I go for a tempo build or a "blue-burn" aggro/midrange deck?
By blue burn I mean burn with the addition of snapcasters/abbots and delvers, basically not as fast but with extra steam (no mainboard counters/cantrips, more burn)
I prefer regular UR tempo but I'd like to hear some thoughts on blue burn
>>
>>44580269
OTK warrior isn't playable any more, control priest and to a lesser extent freeze mage were bad after their nerfs but became more playable with new expansions (granted this took months and in the case of priest years), undertaker hunter was made unplayable with the undertaker nerfs, miracle rogue was unplayable for a long time after its nerfs until a new expansion. Now secret paladin is receiving the same whining that other decks have been.
>>
>>44584955
Better way to tilt people: white borders and m15 basics
>>
File: IMG_20160105_125437442.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160105_125437442.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>44584702
RIP Max Protection's animu grill sleeves line. It's getting real expensive to resleeve my EDH decks.
>>
>>44585134
Oh God
>>
How badly will ad nauseam be affected by this counter spell? Its good in the late game where ad nauseam usually wants to go off against control (If the opponent is smart and doesn't tap out on turn 4), it has strong synergy with snapcaster mage and ad nauseam can't win a counter war against it.
>>
>>44585267
Snapcaster doesn't work with Surge because it's an alternate mana cost, like Overload
>>
Would it be weird if a woman showed up at an event and had a playmat or card sleeves with sexy guys on them?
>>
>>44585267
It's a reprint with surge tacked on. The other four mana uncounterable counterspell doesn't see play and I see little reason why this one would either.
>>
>>44585622
yes
>>
>>44585622
If only because such a sight is so insanely rare.
>>
>>44585638
It can effectively be much less cmc if chained. I personally run a counterflux in the sb, the new surge card probably won't replace it but it might be fun to test it out.
>>
>>44585622
Girls don't like boys, girls like cards and money.
>>
>>44585697
You have a point. I keep thinking scour > denial could be a thing.
>>
File: 3.jpg (614KB, 2000x1442px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
614KB, 2000x1442px
>>44585622
Not as weird as these boys being all over the top I work out in at the gym.
>>
>>44585730
>tfw not grixis
>no based scours
>no instant speed cantrip at all
Izzet is suffering
>>
File: ff6dd42572b17fd546a5327448e2a1aa.jpg (290KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
ff6dd42572b17fd546a5327448e2a1aa.jpg
290KB, 1500x1125px
Found this chart online. Thoughts?
>>
>>44586078
Yeah that's definitely a pile of mtg buzzwords
>>
>>44586078
The interactive/linear axis doesn't make sense. Those are not opposites.
>>
Where would ad nauseam land? Its a turn 4 combo deck but can win at instant speed and can counter at 0 mana.
>>
>>44586078
and where would effective, 3/4 turn infinite combo decks go?

I've been tweaking my kobolds deck since the late 90s, and it's damn near always a win on game one by turn 4
>>
Rate this 1-10.
>>
>>44586078
Interesting. I would like to know what criteria was used to plot this.
>>
>>44586434
Dies to wurmcoil/10
>>
>>44586434
So just monoG stompy?
>>
>>44586434
Shoulda kept the snapcaster/10
>>
File: 1397999756054.png (732KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1397999756054.png
732KB, 1024x576px
>>44585055
>>44585748
>>44585074
Are you that handsome guy who shows up for modern mondays at my lgs with a madmen haircut, sixer of sierra nevada, and the lewd as fuck card sleeves?
>>
>>44586847
I'm in love with that man and have never met him.
>>
>>44586847
>drinking beer in your LGS
Where is this magical land
>>
>>44586951
>>44586989
NYC. Any business can apply for a liquor license.
>>
>>44587096
I have to move to NYC
>>
>>44587096
I think that Brooklyn Strategist and Twenty Sided Store sell beer, know of any other stores?
>>
>>44586989
We used to be able to drink at my store. Then some bitch ass other store switched to Wizards about it. Can't have alcohol around if it's REL.
>>
"Fair magic is bad for modern" - Sam Black, 2015.
>>
>>44582694
We're just not running that stuff main board.
>>
>>44586078
Wouldn't it be better to just say "Non-Interactive/interactive" over linear?
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.