[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start a game with magical gear, decide that +1 sword is a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: whatisthisemotion.jpg (37KB, 128x175px) Image search: [Google]
whatisthisemotion.jpg
37KB, 128x175px
>start a game with magical gear, decide that +1 sword is a family heirloom
>fight trolls with it, fight minotaurs with it, even fight a dragon with it
>travel through ice caves, volcanoes, even sailed across an underground sea with it
>wear it at your hip during the paladin's wedding, wear it during the wizard's funeral
>keep it by you while you sleep, always carry it in your dreams
>dove after it when the dragon turtle capsized your ship, swearing that you'd never let it go

>find a +2 sword
>>
this is you. You are a digusting human being. Enjoy your stay.
>>
>playing a game with magic weapons
>not constantly upgrading your sword and armor, so that your equipment grows with you.
Alternatively
>not being a brawler
>not being a soul knife
>>
>>44573325
Use wealth or knowledge gained during your adventure to hire or find magic and blacksmiths masters to reforge and rebind your ancestral sword to greater levels.
>>
>>44573325
>not gifting the blade to a worthy heir
>not understanding that the sword's legend will long outlast you

Why so entitled, OP?
>>
>>44573325
>Decide you've had enough of the adventuring life
>Find a fetching lass to have and to hold
>Firstborn child receives inheritance of two magical swords
>>
Step 1: Sell +2 Sword
Step 2: Pay Wizard with money from selling to upgrade your ancestral sword to +2. (Cost difference between +1 and +2 weapon, 6k/2, 3k. You have 1k leftover)
>>
>>44573388
https://youtu.be/jU-cori12KU
>>
>>44573325
Upgrade ancestral sword or start a legend by passing it down to a newbie adventurer who passes it to a newbie adventurer. Alternatively keep it on your back and the +2 at your hip.
>>
>>44573578
Selling the 8,000 gp +2 sword only nets you 4,000 gp, and a wizard wouldn't upgrade a sword for the cost of creating it since it costs him XP. At best, deducting the 2,000gp from the base +1 weapon from 8,000gp leaves you with a 6,000gp gap, which with the 4,000gp from selling the +2 sword still leaves you with needing to make up a 2,000gp difference.
>>
>>44573325
>find a +2 sword

Well, duh. Dual-wield time, bro.

Problem solved.
>>
A creator can add new magical abilities to a magic item with no restrictions. The cost to do this is the same as if the item was not magical. Thus, a +1 longsword can be made into a +2 vorpal longsword, with the cost to create it being equal to that of a +2 vorpal sword minus the cost of a +1 sword."

You can turn a +1 sword into a +2 sword for the difference between the cost of making a +2 sword (4,000) and a +1 sword (1,000). In this case that means it costs 3,000 gold pieces, meaning you can sell the +2 sword and use the money to upgrade your existing sword, with a bit of change leftover.

As a GM I've always been pretty lenient about letting my players transfer enhancements as long as they remain on good terms with the local item-wizard and as long as their WBL remains balanced.
>>
>>44573325
Unless your GM strictly enforces encumbrance rules, I don't see a problem there.
>>
If you've slain enough magical things with it i don't see why some of that stuff can't seep into the blade and make it a +2 sword when the time is right.

just ask the dm.
>>
>>44573388
> soulless tool == living breathing soul
Okay there Mr. Psychopath
>>
>>44573958
Then just find an artificer then
>>
>>44573576
This
>>
>>44574344
>just ask the dm.

If ordinary means to convince him don't work, ask him to read Berserk.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.