[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Finder Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 32

File: 1451834170058.jpg (62KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
1451834170058.jpg
62KB, 500x434px
>GM or Player
>System
>Schedule/Timezone
>Contact Information
>Additional Info
>>
I really wish that we would sticky these. It's not like these threads can generate much discussion, so it's hard to keep these alive long enough for people to find the games or players they are looking for.
>>
File: hunter.gif (222KB, 494x420px) Image search: [Google]
hunter.gif
222KB, 494x420px
>>44566869
I had that same thought, then realized it would never fucking end. Maybe if it auto deleted posts after 2 weeks old.

>GM or Player
player
>System
only war, deathwatch, or black cruasde
>Schedule/Timezone
any time after 5pm EST
>Contact Information
>Additional Info
not a noob, trying to find a game. Hoping for a text IC and voice OOC. as people always need to banter and make weird voices.
>>
>GM or Player: Player
>System: Only war, deathwatch, black crusade
>Schedule/Timezone: Weekends and rest we can arrange, +1 gmt
>Contact Information: skype Mateusz.n30
>Additional Info:
Please no ERP or smth like that. I come from Poland so eastern european accent may or may not appear.
>>
>>44567070
>text ic voice ooc
>literally the worst speed coupled with the worst autism of having to listen to fucking voice chat
I can understand being retarded but what you want is like the xbone of rpgs
>>
>>44567441
most people like it that way. Personally, I prefer straight text but then there's the fuckers that love to lurk around here and claim voice is best. Which is fine by me, as my head set is shit and makes static.
>>
>>44567070

A bi-weekly sticky would be pretty ideal. If ads stuck around that long these threads might have more success.
>>
>>44567882
I also think there would be more success if there was a culling of terrible players.
>>
>>44567070
>further note.
I don't really care what the voice options are. I just prefer text, and games where I don't have to make stupid fucking voices.
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System
Pokemon Tabletop United, Double-Cross, Anima: Beyond Fantasy. See additional info.
>Schedule/Timezone
Mon-Fri from 11:00AM PST until 10:00PM PST.
>Contact Information
Skype is Shantak. The one with the purple lovecraftian dragon avatar.
>Additional Info
I've had an urge to play some kind of monster trainer/summoner character, so I would be interested in just about any setting or system that lets me do that. Also, I'm really not as big of a weaboo as my preferences might imply; I can absolutely keep the tone appropriate to the setting.
>>
>>44566869
Nah, fuck that. New threads are the only thing that cleanse the eternal Voice vs Text debate or people going on about badwrongfun.
>>
>>44566723
>GM or Player
Player
>System
From most interest playing to least interest
FFG's Edge of the Empire, D&D 5th, Eclipse Phase, Shadowrun, Mongoose Traveller
>Schedule/Timezone
Tuesdays and Fridays from 6:30 pm until midnight, and Saturdays from 1 pm until 1 am. Eastern Standard Time.
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Info
I'm most familiar with the character creation rules from FFG's Star Wars RPG, Shadowrun 5th ed, and Mongoose Traveller, and I even have a few characters that have been statted up in those systems, done mostly out of boredom.
>>
Are there any game systems similar to Mutants and Masterminds' ability building system where spellcasters can craft their own spells from a list of effects?
>>
>>44569454

I'm not sure that's a good enough reason. Especially if the threads are deleted every two weeks or so.
>>
Anyone running 5e, Pathfinder, or 3.5?
>>
File: 1437112617055.png (234KB, 960x596px) Image search: [Google]
1437112617055.png
234KB, 960x596px
>GM/Player
GM
>System Preferred
Gurps or a proprietary system (likely interlock), not sure which. We'll walk you through whatever system regardless so it doesn't really matter.
>Times Available (with timezone)
Tuesday at 6PM US Central.
May change to Mon. or Wed. depending upon my work schedule.
>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
Voice
>Contact Info
>Setting
Future 80's with cyberwear and virtual reality internet. Like Shadowrun 1e/2e except a less shitty system and no leaf eaters or black people disguised as Shrek.
>Additional Notes
You're on a private jet flying from LAX over to Tokyo-Chiba International, you've been playing PS1 and watching 80's anime for the past 37 hours. Then all the sudden the pilot comes on the intercom and announces that you're about to enter the Bermuda Triangle Experience, brought to you by Dasani Water. Then pure crystal fucking weed is injected into your system by the living embodiment of a vaporwave album, which is another way of saying someone smacks you in the head with a marble statue. Next thing you know you're tied to a chair in the middle of a dirty room with stacks of cocain bricks all round. Al Pachino and Pablo Escobar are watching MTV, waiting for you to wake up. Suddenly, Chuck Norris and Kurt Russel burst into the room, kill everyone that stands in their way. And Chuck Norris is like "Snake, we have to rescue the president" and then they airlift you out on a helicopter and you're flying over a jungle, probably Vietnam or Montana, who knows. Then you're sneaking into Moscow to steal Putin's codes to the secret Soviet missile subs. But his 10/10 daughter is there, but it was all a trick, shes a spy! So Putin straps you to a conveyor belt and he's about to saw you in half, when his daughter and the president's daughter team up and save you. Then you fuck. Crisis averted, world saved.

This game is nothing like that.
>>
>player
>Elder Scrolls roleplay
>ANY
>Skype
>ANY
>>
Has anyone ever run a game set in FF's Ivalice with Tactics Advance style rules? I'd be interested in playing a game like that.
>>
>>44573670
That sounds like a clusterfuck waiting to happen. I can see a game set in Ivalice with a regular tabletop system and a homebrew Law system, but not a full port of videogame logic into tabletop logic.
>>
>>44571216
HERO system is pretty much the granddaddy of that sort of "building blocks" approach.
>>
>>44574303

I didn't mean video game logic, I mean like races and jobs, the ability system, clan system, maybe law system.
>>
>>44572219
I would play the shit out of that game.
>>
>>44566723

>>GM or Player
Player
>>System
WoD (Vampire, Mage, or Hunter)
>>Schedule/Timezone
EST after 6 p.m.
>>Contact Information
>>Additional Info
Just want to try my first game of WoD, I'm familiar with the rules and whatnot and have the books.
>>
>>44574434
nWoD or oWoD?
>>
>>44575043

nWoD
>>
>>44574411
Oh, in that case I can see a system similar to Warhammer Fantasy 2E working well with the Tactics style job system.
>>
I will run a oneshot of anything anyone requests. First come first serve.

Message Vann on irc.thisisnotatrueending.com
>>
>>44578085
FATAL
>>
>GM or Player
GM+2 players looking for 1 more
>System
DnD 5e
>Schedule/Timezone
PST to EST, erratic schedule because I work Retail
>Contact Information
>Additional Info
We're using skype Voice and roll20
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System
Anything that isn't WoD or some kind of DnD game, basically anything that isn't the usual
>Schedule/Timezone
Anytime from like 4PM to 1AM EST
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Info
I'm not currently in any games atm and would definitely love anything you all have got, I'll play anything in any setting sans WoD and in just really burnt out on Dnd. I'm pretty shy so I don't do voice.
>>
>>44578510
Bad experience playing WoD once, I take it?
>>
>>44578292

Questions.

I'm Eastern, only time I can really play for the next few months is Monday nights. That possible?

Are you newbie friendly? I've looked at 5e stuff like once and that was a while back.

Do you have race restrictions or can I be any 5e playable race?
>>
There many Australian/GMT+10ish players here? Might be willing to GM Pathfinder. Would be text-only.
>>
>>44579581
You'd probably have pretty good luck with GMT-8 players, too, which would be players on the located mostly on the west coast of the United States with some islands also on the timezone.
>>
>>44579581
AEST here, would be interested though lacking experience in Pathfinder. Medium? Contact?
>>
>>44569454
I maintain that there ought to be a note about how voice vs text has been discussed to death already and people ought to shut the fuck up with their Sunni-Shi'ite-tier bullshit in every Game Finder Thread's opening post.
>>
>>44566723
>GM

>Star wars FFG

>GMT, weekends.

>[email protected]

>Game will take place over skype through voice.
>>
>tfw scared to try and make a group because never DM'd before
H-how do I get out of this feel?
>>
>>44580167
Don't bother because clearly you're just an autistic retard who is just going to end up wasting everyone's time.
>>
>>44580167
Just fucking do it you colossal faggot.
>>
>>44580167
just be yourself buddy
>>
>>44580233
A stuttering faggot who's only purpose is throating cock?
>>
File: JUST DO IT.jpg (19KB, 770x513px) Image search: [Google]
JUST DO IT.jpg
19KB, 770x513px
>>44580167
By making a group and DMing.
>>
File: 1426858342702.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1426858342702.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
>>44580167
Pick a system. Advertise a game. Fucking run it.
>>
>GM or Player
GM

>System
Play by post/Play by email style game with some generic fantasy rules that I'll teach players when necessary. Dice rolls will be used, but not something that happens all the time.

>Schedule/Timezone
Post when you have the time. Once the game is set up I plan to update once a day at the most, and once every three days at the least.

>Contact Information
MaratusGM at openmailbox dot org

Tell me a little about yourself, what games you've played in the past, and what you want to get out of this game in your email. I'll get back as soon as possible on whether or not I think you're a good fit for the game.

This game will not feature any element of any individual's sexual desires, so if you're looking for ERP then this is not the game for you.

>Additional Info
All of known civilization has been contained to a small series of islands, until now; hidden behind a thick curtain of storms near the farthest reaches of the western ocean a safe route to a new land has been discovered, if the land itself has remained a secret for this long, what more does it hold from within?

Characters in the game won't have access to gunpowder or be able to control magic, if magic is real in this setting (is it?), and humans are the only sentient race.
>>
>>44580241
>>44580189
woah buddy
this isn't a cuck thread on /gif/
>>
File: 1428950071125.jpg (182KB, 1179x859px) Image search: [Google]
1428950071125.jpg
182KB, 1179x859px
>GM or Player
GM
>System
Marvel Heroic
>Schedule/Timezone
Sunday 10 or 11AM CST
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Info
If you want to learn the system, all books are available here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4dx7zmacc2ar5/Heroics

The system itself is about heroing around and having fun and there are few hard rules about character creation.
>>
File: 1437447689234.png (72KB, 498x449px) Image search: [Google]
1437447689234.png
72KB, 498x449px
Bump
>>
File: 1384273496529.jpg (35KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1384273496529.jpg
35KB, 300x300px
>GM or Player:
Player

>System:
I'll give anything a shot, but I would like to play D&D, Pathfinder, Wargaming, Warhammer RPGs, etc. I have experience with D&D/Pathfinder mostly, but I've played some 40k, Fantasy, and AoS.

>Schedule/Timezone:
EST - weekends or weekday nights, some weeks I will be out of town on travel, but that's during the weekdays only.

>Contact Information:
https://app.roll20.net/users/116094/neno
[email protected]

>Additional Info:
prefer text only on Roll20. Don't mind trying other systems out.
>>
File: 1450810933910.png (518KB, 654x654px) Image search: [Google]
1450810933910.png
518KB, 654x654px
Are there any forever GMs here who would be interested in negotiating some sort of rotation based schedule for a group of around 4 people?

Everyone gets to play, everyone has fun.
>>
>GM or Player
ForeverDM wishing to be a player again
>System
Any superhero-based system, 5e, any wh40k-based system
>Schedule/Timezone
GMT+1
>Contact Information
Wynants.pieter on skype
>>
Friendly bump
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System
Pathfinder
>Schedule/Timezone
Looking for games in the later afternoons/evenings EST.
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Info
I have a specific character I'd like to play in the Golarion setting; a Human (Ulfen) Werewolf Skald who views lycanthropy as a blessing, not a curse, and goes about spreading it to people she thinks deserve it and can handle being so close to nature. Yes, I am aware the concept is a little magical realmy, which is why I'm going ahead and putting it out there so people know what they're getting into, and I will try to not squick out other players if they're uncomfortable with such things being in the spotlight. Yes, I know people will comment on this; my response is that I am putting this out there entirely to avoid wasting people's time if they are uncomfortable with dealing with a character like this.
>>
>>44579813
At least neither one are voice and text fags. Those fucking half-n-halfers piss me off like nothing else.
>>
>>44586274
I would, but I know they always end in one person doing all the DMing and everyone else flakes when it's their turn, so, fuck you.
>>
>>44588475
Surly bump
>>
File: stalker in chicago.jpg (120KB, 939x602px) Image search: [Google]
stalker in chicago.jpg
120KB, 939x602px
>GM or Player
GM
>System
Rifts Chaos Earth
>Schedule/Timezone
TBD, evenings PST
>Contact Information
#RiftsOOC on Rizon IRC
>Additional Info
Imagine your own hometown cut off without warning from the rest of the world. Communications beyond city or county limits no longer exist. Except for local emergency broadcasts, there is nothing on the television, radio or internet but static. Telephones and cell phones are dead. Off in the distance you hear frequent bursts of shouting, screams, gunfire, sirens and strange noises you can't identify, followed by an unnerving silence. Now cover your hometown in a foot of ash, with more lightly falling every hour, nonstop for days. The landscape is transformed into something like a winter scene, only there is the stench of sulfur and death in the air.

We're doing a Rifts Chaos Earth Resurrection game! New players are welcome. Chaos Earth takes place during the Great Cataclysm, the end of the world as we know it. The characters are survivors of a global catastrophe the likes of which mankind has never seen and it gets worse: Something is out there. Nobody can agree on what it is, but it's real and it's getting closer.

Join us at #RiftsOOC on Rizon IRC for more info!
>>
File: hat woble.gif (425KB, 285x190px) Image search: [Google]
hat woble.gif
425KB, 285x190px
>>
File: 1400457861841.gif (2MB, 314x238px) Image search: [Google]
1400457861841.gif
2MB, 314x238px
>>44591724
>>
>>44579327
I'm a player with Largebluntobject and I can asure you we plan our games around eachother's availabilities and he's got a list of races you can play for his homebrew setting
>>
>Player
>Pathfinder
>PST
> skype: mason994
>>
>>44592973

Are there lizardmen of some sort?
>>
>>44589867

That person must have been you.
>>
>>44593181
>GM or Player
Player
>System
at this point? basically anything if it isn't grimdark
I'd really prefer text over voice, i'm shy
>Schedule/Timezone
gmt afternoons to early morning, or weekends all day
>Contact Information
[email protected] hangouts/email
>Additional Info
I'm going to be honest: I know i'm not exactly an easy person to play with. I'm new (complete rpg virgin), i'm sensitive if it is someones stated intention to upset me, i tend to accidentally assume that we are more than just random strangers who shouldn't even know each others names in the group, and i really can't stand constant grimdark for grimdarks sake or edgy murderhoboing.
This isn't that massive an amount of flaws, and apart from this i'm really dedicated, but apparently some people find these things to be unacceptable.
>>
>>44593897
>i'm really dedicated
Gonna level with you here, this is the dealbreaker for most people and the origin of your other problems. They hate high amounts of dedication and prefer taking it easier.
>>
>>44578743
Setting doesn't appeal to me
>>
>>44593943
I meant that more in the way of
>i'm not just trying to live out a minmaxing powerfantasy
>i will actually try and work within your setting as much as possible
>i am willing to learn any system since i only know like two
>i am actually trying to be less retarded socially than i am
>>
>>44594156
Just chill out, dude. That's the thing that's making it hard for you to find a place to play.
>>
>>44594189
I know, but it's easy to tell someone to be chilled when you are not the one that has been looking for a group for almost 3 years.
And each and every time real life fucks it up for you or the GM or you get inexplicably kicked out after being told that everything's just fine, or the GM just abandons the project.
>>
>>44594266
DMs who have self-respect don't allow autistic fucks into their games.
>>
>>44594266
Sorry dude, I'm not >>44594319 but while he worded that pretty meanly, he has a point. Your eagerness to play is making it harder for you to actually play. I suggest DMing instead. Try running a pre-made adventure and get that RPG craving out of your system.
>>
>>44594319
If i'm an autistic fuck for being desperate to play something after waiting patiently for 3 years, then Choo-fucking-choo, one ticket for the autism train straight to assburger-town please.

>>44594358
I've had this discussion before, and i personally don't think that DM-ing would be fun for me or for my players. I guess i'll just keep waiting.
>>
>>44594469
You really do not understand just how much of a miserable fuck you sound like, do you?

PROTIP: Trying to get into a game online as a player is about selling yourself. You're applying, you need to make yourself seem like a good candidate.

You, friend, are not accomplishing that.
>>
BAMP
>>
>>44593174
yes there are, but there's a trick to them the GM will have to explain to you involving them in the setting
>>
File: 1443765394559.jpg (45KB, 426x454px) Image search: [Google]
1443765394559.jpg
45KB, 426x454px
>GM or Player
Player
>System
Fantasy AGE, D&D 5e, or Dragon Age RPG
>Schedule/Timezone
(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada), free Mondays and Sundays.
>Contact Information
skype is frowningmaccus
>>
>>44594585

Well as long as they aren't evil or something. Sent him a contact request on skype.
>>
>GM or Player
GM
>System
Dragon Age TTG
>Schedule/Timezone
Monday-Thursday anytimeEST
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Info
I'm also down to run CoC 7e, DnD 3.5 or 5e.
>>
>>44594503
I don't want to do any false advertising though.

If someone really thinks that it's unacceptable if someone can't laugh off anything (like creepy stalking) if it's "just a prank bro" they probably wouldn't want to play with me anyway and i'd just get kicked off again.
If someone really thinks that everyone absolutely must be willing to murder sapient life just like that, they probably wouldn't like me in their group.
If someone thinks that everything being only war/edgy violence/constant depressing stuff, is absolutely necessary in their campaign, they probably wouldn't want me in their campaign.
If someone thinks that their players should be absolutely proficient in the system they play in they wouldn't want to play with me.

So how about i don't waste peoples time and flat out say that i'm not one for those things.
>>
>>44594659
I can dig that you don't want to give folks the wrong impression, really.

And i'm going to try and put my thoughts in order on some stuff you might try to be more successful in your search.

The first thing that jumps out at me is that you present a lot of things very negatively. You don't want this, you don't want that, and generally come across fairly passive-aggressive.

There's also the fact that saying that you'd play 'anything' doesn't help interested GMs pick you out of the crowd. A little specificity really helps.

In my personal opinion you also mention personal traits a little too much, as well, when it isn't really necessary. Expecting too much from /tg/'s game finder is a recipe for disaster. Your best bet is to try a lot of games. Most of them will fail, some will die after a month, some will never even get off the ground. Successful games are rare - but even in unsuccessful ones you can meet people who you might keep in contact with and not mind playing with again. These are the people you'll probably end up playing long-term games with if you make contact with enough of them.

I want to restate that i'm not slamming you here, but it occurs to me that just a few little tweaks to your ad, you might be on your way to funtown.

Rather than saying what you don't want, try suggesting something that you'd enjoy. For example, compare:
>at this point? basically anything if it isn't grimdark
>I'd really prefer text over voice, i'm shy
to
>I'd much prefer something lighthearted and story-driven - I don't have much experience, but X* looks fun!
>I'd be a lot more comfortable in a text-based campaign.

Doesn't that look better?

*I do apologise, though. I don't really have any lighthearted systems to recommend because my tastes run towards the gritty.
>>
File: 1446552373573.jpg (3MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1446552373573.jpg
3MB, 3888x2592px
>GM or Player
Player
>System
Any
>Schedule/Timezone
EST, Available most evenings
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Info
I've read a lot of the stories that get posted here and other places and I'm feeling inspired to participate. I'm new, so I will need guidance and patience, but I am willing to do "homework" and read stuff related to systems, rules etc.
>>
>>44586274

A game without tight authorial control is a game that nobody wants to play except for the worst kind of players.

Rotating GMs never make for a good group if you wanna tackle serious serial plots.
>>
>>44593897

This guy is a horrible autistic creep.

He spent hours stalking our GM asking about their sex/location, and when we banned him, he proceeded to ban evade and continue to make us suffer through annoying diatribe after annoying diatribe.

Also he spergs out over the mere mention of fantasy violence.
>>
>>44595488
Not him but seriously, fuck you.

Define worst kind of players. Does that entail good players always want to tackle serious serial plots? That a group cannot improvise? That collective story telling isn't a thing? Or just morbid curiosity isn't enough to keep something going?

/tg/ is pretty creatively bankrupt already. Tight "authorial" control or not.
>>
>>44595435
That girl would be so cute with short hair instead of all those rat tails.
>>
>>44595391
>you present a lot of things very negatively. You don't want this, you don't want that
This is something someone told me once already in a game finder thread. I apparently forgot. Sorry.

>passive agressive
It was meant to be covertly actively agressive towards the most recent bunch of chucklefucks that kicked me out for not being okay with the DM being creepy.

>'anything' not helpful
Yes, but i really don't know how t phrase it.
I don't want "lighthearted thing" or "story driven" things. I like my crunch and dark things too. I like a lot of things in general which is why i find it easier to write down what i don't like.

>personal traits
this is actually the first time i've done that, because i have absolutely no idea why i was suddenly banned from some games, and some others specifically mentioned those traits of mine as bad. I guess i wanted to avoid being accepted and then being kicked out again?
I see that it isn't really conductive though so i'll stop.
>>
>>44595613
She's more than cute enough with the haircut she has, but short hair would probably makes her even better
>>
>>44595690

[18:54] <N_I> yes yes i'm an autist
[18:54] <N_I> i was also in psychiatric care for a while because of depression
[18:55] <N_I> i'm srry you had to endure me
[18:56] <N_I> bye
Dude you KEPT PESTERING OUR GM ABOUT PERSONAL INFO LIKE WHERE THEY LIVED while otherwise acting like a barely kept-together psycho.

We all agreed that it was for the best that we boot you, because mentally unstable people like you tend to go completely unhinged when given an opportunity to escape into a fantasy world.
>>
>>44595787
Nice job derailing the thread for your stupid witch hunt.
>>
>>44595787
>>44595550

Oh so we're posting logs now?
Should i also post how the GM was bitching about being >whois'd on IRC and later revealed personal information on me to the group?
Or how everyone else apart from the GM had already shared their A/S/L at that point and that i only asked for that. Once.
Or how the GM said that he was deliberately being creepy because he was having a laugh at me being bothered by this?
etc etc

Or you could consider that one of you had no problems with me, that my character was well done and balanced according to the GM, and reflect upon what exactly it was that you think i did wrong. And we could stop shitting up the thread.
>>
>player/gm
Player

>Preferred system(s)
New World of Darkness
Pathfinder (I want to try out Path of War)
Deathwatch
Black Crusade

>Availability
-5 CDT Friday, Saturday, Sunday nights are preferable but available all weeknights as well.

>Contact info
A.Bearded.Kraken
(My skype is the one with the ship being lifted by a kraken. Also, kraken city)

>Additional Stuff
Longer sessions are also preferable (5+ hours)
I prefer do to things in Roll20 or Maptools. Skype text for OOC/General stuff.
>>
>>44595943

[13:13] <Keksalot> Trollbow being what
[13:14] <@Skuggs> A troll with a trollbow. There's guides that'll explain it better.
[13:15] <@Skuggs> And mages are stronk, but very fragile things. The flesh is weak. Geek the mage is a saying for a reason.
[13:16] <NobodyImportant> guys
[13:16] <NobodyImportant> is skuggs a guy?
[13:17] <NobodyImportant> and how old is he?
[13:17] <NobodyImportant> and where is he from?
[13:18] <macrophage> Dude this is creepy as shit, no wonder people just block and ignore you suddenly
[13:18] * NobodyImportant was kicked by Skuggs (NobodyImportant)
[13:18] <@Skuggs> troof
[13:18] <macrophage> Thank God. I was debating dropping simply because of that dude
[13:19] <@Skuggs> Yeah, there's a limit.
[13:19] * Skuggs sets mode: +b *!*@Rizon-DD20AF31.catv.pool.telekom.hu
[13:20] <Sturnn> holy shit
[13:20] <Sturnn> you made it
[13:20] <Sturnn> fiu
[13:21] <@Skuggs> I feel physically relieved. Jesus.
[13:21] <@Skuggs> Well, anyway.
[13:21] <Sturnn> i don't know of he was a great troll or really full tumblr
[13:22] <Sturnn> let's move on
>>
>>44595943
>>44595969
Guys.
Guys. Guys.
Really.
Nobody fucking cares
>>
>>44567070
Hey Anon, I'm looking to start up a Play-by-Post system for Warhammer RPGs - it'd be an All-Arbites campaign in the hive-cities - think Dredd meets 40k.

contact me at [email protected]

>>44567343
Anon, see the message I wrote for the first guy - although it's not OW/DW/BC but, DH 2.0

>>GM or Player
GM
>>System
Dark Heresy 2.0 or Judge Dredd (Mongoose or Traveller - whichever the PCs prefer)
>>Schedule/Timezone
EST - weekendsd, Saturday morning is best.
>>Contact info:
[email protected] - once we confirm you're in, I'll give you my skype account.
>>Additional Info:
You're a part of the Adeptus Arbites - trying to keep control on a world filled with turmoil, unrest, cults, alien infestations, and good old fashioned political fuckery.

You up for it rookie?
>>
>>44594631
Also, adding to this, I'd also really like to find a group to play Call of Cthulhu with!
>>
>>44595997
Everything sounds great except the autistic play by post.

Anyways looking for Only war, Deathwatch, Black Crusade
>>
>>44595997
>play by post

If you want to watch a bunch of autists try to out-prose each other, just go to /x/
>>
>>44596232
>>44596338
Jeez, you guys really know how to treat an offer right.
>>
>>44596361
I think the lack of basic human decency in this thread has shown itself already.
>>
>>44596361
>>44596361
The real irony is that I'm not any of the people he responded to. Just bait that you niggers fell for.
>>
>>44596338

I chuckled.

/x/ are master roleplayers.

They roleplay so hard, they actually believe it, then get actual mental illnesses from it.
>>
>>44596663
My Tulpa insists I reprimand you for insinuating that she's a mental illness.

She's a sweet girl, Anon, just a little impaired in the actually-existing department.
>>
>>44586274
I'd give it a try.
>>
>>44586274
What system?
>>
File: Class_creation_healer.png (70KB, 225x502px) Image search: [Google]
Class_creation_healer.png
70KB, 225x502px
>GM
>Labyrinth Lord(D&D Basic pretty much with AD&D classes)
>Fridays and weekends in the evening 6 o clock for now. Hopefully we can get a real time going. EST
>[email protected]
>Skype and Roll20. Voice

I'm a beginner, so this would be my first campaign. I hope it works out well, and I hope I get lots of experience along of the way.
>>
File: ss+(2015-10-28+at+10.53.34).jpg (170KB, 702x363px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-10-28+at+10.53.34).jpg
170KB, 702x363px
>GM or Player
GM
>System
5e
>Schedule/Timezone
1PM Sundays GMT+10
aka 7PM East Coast (I think)
>Contact Information
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/34359/the-guild-a-game-of-rotating-dms
>Additional Info
It's all basically in the roll20 link. TL;DR: rotating DM game in an almost completely blank setting. DMs can make up details as they see fit. As a DM feel free to run whatever modules, adventures, quests you want. Make em up if you want to. The aim is fun. I've made some changes to classes too. Biggest change is darkvision is a lot less powerful.

Games will go for 5-6 hours. Will use voice.

Read the Roll20.
>>
File: 1447225496265.jpg (29KB, 720x306px) Image search: [Google]
1447225496265.jpg
29KB, 720x306px
>>44589465
Why are you angry that people are having fun in a way that you don't like?
>>
>>44597429
Because I like making people's voices up in my head.
>>
>GM or Player
GM
>System
Degenesis
>Schedule/Timezone
6PM Tuesdays GMT-5 (EST)
>Contact Information
TGMkoll on roll20 or skype
>Additional Info
Might switch up the day we play but that wouldn't be till march.

I'll be using the basic setting of Degenesis with some changes to make the world better fit into the way my brain works (like having local currency unless the game ends up in africa). So you can expect more than a few homebrew fluff elements. While I don’t require players to talk I do require you to be able to hear me. I'll be using Skype to start the group and we'll probably keep using it for VOIP, though i'd be open to trying TS or Vent for voice once things get rolling.
>>
>>44598007
What is >Degenesis autism?
>>
>>44598152

A shitty german slavboo game.
>>
File: 1452028063804.gif (781KB, 245x238px) Image search: [Google]
1452028063804.gif
781KB, 245x238px
>>44598257
Thats what it sounds like.
>>
>>44596739
This is the thread for finding the game not for roleplaying
>>
>>44578292
I would be down if you havent filled the slot. Id play a human bard. Skype is Dozzer9000
>>
>GM or Player
GM
>System
Eclipse Phase universe run using FATE
>Schedule/Timezone
Play-by-post so doesnt matter
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Info
This would be a one on one game based mostly on RP, investigation and maybe some infiltrations. Could also be set in current events rather than eclipse phase (some kind of James Bond type deal)

Drop me an email if you're interested.
>>
>>44597252
Bamp
>>
Hell may as well give this a try

>GM or Player
Player
>System
star wars edge of the empire or any of the ffg star wars role playing poop
>Schedule/Timezone
6pm pacific time zone (west coast)
>Contact Information
>Additional Info
I have been running the ffg star wars system for about a year now and i dont know or have anyone that can GM in the star wars universe and i just want to fucking play
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System
Any non-vanilla WoD, FATE, Exalted, 5/4e D&D, or much of anything, really.
>Schedule/Timezone
EST or GMT-5
I GM three other games on sunday, tuesday, and wednesday nights.
>Contact Information
shortbutts on skype with F-Zero for a pic, right now.
>Additional Info
8 years have I done naught but GM uncountable games. I am tired of getting 1-3 sessions into a game for it to die. Break this curse.

(if its another system I may well be amenable towards it. Hell, even pathfinder/3.5 which I usually GM)
>>
>>44595997
yea, you replied to me.
I'm not doing play by post.
>>
>Player
>I'm familiar with 3.0,3.5, 4e, Pathfinder, Shadowrun 5e, Star Wars D20, D20 Modern, and Mutants and Masterminds. I've played one session of Vampire (NWOD), and I'm willing to learn anything else.
>PST, I'd prefer Fridays about 5 or later.
>ThuggyMoss on Skype (Skeleton Profile Picture)
>I really want to do a fantasy or superhero game, OR something modern/"different".
>>
Can we get a slightly updated OP pasta in the vein of
>>44579813
>I maintain that there ought to be a note about how voice vs text has been discussed to death already and people ought to shut the fuck up with their Sunni-Shi'ite-tier bullshit in every Game Finder Thread's opening post.
please?
>>
>>44595943
>Should i also post how the GM was bitching about being >whois'd on IRC and later revealed personal information on me to the group?

I mean, if you're stupid enough to reveal your own personal info here for a petty squable, go for it.

I know I'm late to the party, but I had to.
>>
>Player
>Mage (either), Demon (either), or MTG Planeswalkers
>GMT +3
>alta.saire2 on skype
>I have a friend that'd play too
>>
>>44595969
Holy shit, macro is back? Tell him Felix says hi if you can.
>>
>GM
>Eclipse Phase
>GMT
>[email protected]
>PCs are OZMA operatives for a change
>>
>>44602270

I don't even know what they stand to gain, arguing about stuff like that.
>>
>>44607145
Autism
>>
>>44607145
>I don't even know what they stand to gain, arguing about stuff like that.
It's almost literally a religious argument.
>>
Bumping.
These threads are really hostile. Can we all just relax and focus on posting player/host adds without turning into frothing autists?
>>
>>44608900
We don't need to turn into frothing autsts, we already are ones.
>>
>>44596070
I really want to play CoC 7E too. Thing is I've never played it and all of my friends are the most unenthusiastic people alive.
>>
File: 1351260985580.jpg (47KB, 465x600px) Image search: [Google]
1351260985580.jpg
47KB, 465x600px
>>44608900
No
>>
>>44608900

Blame players.

Permaplayers are a hostile, dim-witted lot.
>>
>>44608900
see
>>44611115
I basically ignore all player ads and focus on the GM ones. Any player who actually advertises themselves instead of going directly to the GM is a powderkeg of problems.
>>
>>44611145
Yup. At best they're desperate, at worst they're entirely oblivious to how this thing works. Whatever lies in-between is really not worth going for.
>>
>>44611968
>>44611145
>>44611115

Let it drop and bump or let the thread die.
>>
Until we can actually get a proper sticky for Gamefinder/replacement and have a mandatory "only post in the thread if you've got a game to offer" then these threads will continue to be filled with the spergs who continuously can't find games posting in here. At very least arguing keeps the thread up.
>>
>>44613734
Oh no, I definitely agree with you. That's why I think players should keep posting here, it helps me know who to ignore when the apps start rolling in.
>>
>>
>>44611968
Every player listing I've invited to a game has flaked.
>>
File: warg.png (2KB, 140x140px) Image search: [Google]
warg.png
2KB, 140x140px
I will post two versions, as player and as GM

Player:
3.5/PF/4e, or willing to learn
US central

GM:
Have a PF adventure module I can run. Comfortable running 3.5 if people have a campaign idea they want to play in.
All other info the same

I live in New Orleans, could do a physical meetup game maybe.

I will probably post on the GitP and Roll20 lfg too.

As a player my favorite thing about RPGs is being someone else, I don't really like being rail roaded. As a gm I like players who dont like being railroaded.
>>
>>44617944
Oh and I drew that warg for a 3.5 game on roll20.
>>
>>44617495
Same
>>
>GM or Player
GM

>System
In order of preference, D&D 5e, Call of Cthulhu, Dungeon World, and Esoterrorists

>Schedule/Timezone
Herein lies the problem why I can't get a group going. I work as a bartender, so my hours are irregular as all get out. Ideally, Thursday evenings Mountain Time, but sometimes I get scheduled. So I'm looking for players with flexible schedules, too.

>Contact Information
[email protected]

>Additional Info
As a player, I'd also like to try out Shadowrun a whole bunch.
>>
>>44618810
Oh, and to tack on to this, I also have a bunch of smaller, not-as-played games like Fiasco and Mountain Witch.
>>
>>44574428
then message me faggot.

I need players.
>>
Would anyone be able to run an animorphs game?
I think there could be a lot of interest in it. I personally would not care which system is used.
>>
>>44580413
On second thought I'm adding in other races in the form of different factions from the old world, but none of them will be standard fantasy races.
>>
>>44620131

What are the races like?
>>
>>44618810
Sent you a message.
>>
>>44621723
Regal bird people
Proud mermen
Chill fairies
Sagely Humans
>>
Anyone here have any experiences with the Madison WI gaming scene?
>>
>>44619155
I would message you but voice is painful.
>>
>>44624278
That. Like, I already play in three voice games (two I'm afraid, since two would-be socialites started a war of attrition and most likely drove the GM away) but it's something I'm never quite satisfied with. Around a table it's fun, but voice just isn't the same.
I'm sorry
>>44572219
your game sounds fun but voice - while faster - just isn't for me.
>>
>tfw no one bites
>>
>>44566723
I'm looking for an offline group, but none are close enough. Advice?
>>
>>44630268
Get an online group
>>
>>44630851
H-he can join mine. Will DM for memes
>>
File: 1325532578769.jpg (31KB, 720x372px) Image search: [Google]
1325532578769.jpg
31KB, 720x372px
>>44630880
Here, you forgot your picture.
>>
>>44630908
I just want the opportunity to dm my first game 2bh
>>
>>44630953
So you want to DM your first group? Online?
Did you already put up an ad here?
>>
>>44578292
I'm down as fuck. I'll look up my Skype in a second. I'll play whatever class you need in the party.
>GM or Player
Player
>System
I'll try just about anything, but I'd like to play DnD, Pathfinder, Warhammer. I have experience with DnD v3.5
>Schedule/Timezone
Weekends and some Weekday nights.
>Contact Information
[email protected]
I'll look up my skype and roll20 in a sex.
>Additional Info
Prefer roll20 but will try other things.

>>44591341
definitely interested
>>
>>44597415
Definitely interested.
>>
>>44632747
Yeah I did actually...
>>
File: smhfamdesu.png (466KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
smhfamdesu.png
466KB, 900x900px
>>44633113

>I'll look up my skype and roll20 in a sex.

RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: its going down.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
its going down.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
>GM/Player
Player
>System
5e. I don't have a massive amount of experience, but I am more than familiar enough to play. I don't mind learning/working with other systems.
>Schedule/Timezone
Mountain Time.
All of Saturday. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday after 17:00 or 5pm.
>Contact Info
[email protected]
>Additional Notes
I'm looking to branch out from my current games, and get more invested in tabletops. I'm not completely inept when it comes to /tg/ games, but I only have a few games of experience, and still have a lot to learn so expect inexperience. I'm down for anything, am not the type to just drop out of game, and can usually get along with anyone. Will use Skype, Teamspeak, etc.
>>
Friendly anitsage
>>
>>44580183
We are all grown men who like to play pretend for fun clearly we don't have too much time on our hands.
>>
File: 1354388919458.jpg (176KB, 618x950px) Image search: [Google]
1354388919458.jpg
176KB, 618x950px
>>44581738
Still looking for weirdos in costumes down to punch robots and aliens.
>>
>>44640480
Voice or text?
>>
>>44640537
Voice
>>
>>44581738
Shit, that sounds fun. But I have never played dnd before. You have a willing noob though.
>>
>>44579581
Ooh, another Australian GM!
>Pathfinder
Ah well.

Ooh, another! And a system I don't mind!
>Games will go for 5-6 hours
Expect me to last HOW long? I can barely manage 2 1/2.

If only I could GM worth a damn, or should I say, have decent organisation or leadership skills.
>>
File: 1437999689661.jpg (27KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
1437999689661.jpg
27KB, 500x335px
>want to play more games
>little experience
>get anxiety whenever i have to meet new people
>tfw will never have the courage to join a game here
>>
>>44642499
Look at it this way, anon, the worst they can possibly do to you is be a 4channer at you, and here you are, posting on 4chan.
>>
>>44642508
But im also very inexperienced anon. I only have some knowledge of pathfinder and have never played DnD before. ;_;
>>
>>44642552
That's pretty common actually. Most groups are willing to take completely new members as long as you're willing to learn.

Also,

>Pathfinder

You don't want to start there. Try D&D 5E.
>>
>>44642552
Dude Pathfinder is D&D.
>>
>>44642691
Well, Pathfinder is DnD 3.5 with slight changes. Dnd 5e is alot different. Alot easier mainly
>>
>>44566723
>>44568263

>GM or Player
GM
>System
MtG homebrew game
>Schedule/Timezone
Weekends, probably Sundays or Saturday night for 6 hours or so. Eastern Time.
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Info
System's a homebrew work in progress, but it should be fun. We're not playing the /tg/ made one because approximating cards over the internet is hard and the system has issues.
>>
>>44601574
Oh! And!
I'd prefer, heavily, a game with text based in character dialogue. Prefer.
>>
>>44643871
Care to post up yours?
>>
>>44644942
I'm working on tying it together into a coherent format this weekend. Wanna give me a throwaway so I can send it to you when I'm done with it?
>>
>>44642552
If you know pathfinder. you know D&D.
>>
>>44597252
B-bump for this maybe
>>
>>44642343
Marvel Heroic is not D&D, so that's not a major issue.

If you are still interested, email me and we can see if we can work something out.
>>
>>44647591
Are you uh... Absolutely settled that it has 100% got to be voice?
>>
>>44652056
Don't start that shit, now, son.
>>
>>44652113
Why? He seems to be lacking players and he would definitely have more people applying - including me - if he was okay with text instead of voice.
If he's absolutely determined to run voice, so be it, but he said it is his first campaign.
>>
File: 1432259490310.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1432259490310.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>No games
>>
File: ZInPJK9.png (698KB, 541x960px) Image search: [Google]
ZInPJK9.png
698KB, 541x960px
>GM or Player
Both.
>System
I'm looking to play: oWoD, Exalted 3e, 40k RPGs, and others!
I can run: 40k RPGs, Savage Worlds, Night's Black Agents, and Exalted 3e.
>Schedule/Timezone
Very open availability.
>Contact Information
[email protected] or 'Questionable At Best' on Skype.
>Additional Info
I am looking to run alternating one on one text games with someone. We would take turns GMing different games, either every other week or on different days of the same week.
>>
>>44652244
Maybe he doesn't want to play with autists?
>>
>>44652244
>>44652056
It's voice. I-I'm sorry
>>
>>44644980
[email protected]
>>
File: 1449644218213.webm (3MB, 683x512px) Image search: [Google]
1449644218213.webm
3MB, 683x512px
>GM or Player
Both
>System
3.5/PF (EVEN THOUGH IT SUCKS AND I HATE IT REEE), Dungeon World, Maid, GURPS, FATAL, FATE, DnD 5e, 3.5, oWoD (I love BLOODLINES!!!!)
>Schedule/Timezone
Any/EST, even though this is a blatant lie and I'll vanish after 30 minutes into the first session.
>Contact Information
MememasterNeckbeard on Skype
>Additional Info

What's up faggots, I'm a newbie who has never played but I would like to play a tabletop game. I don't do voice but actually I do do voice but AUTISM also text is the best even tho its slow as fuck.

I will make my stupid character for your stupid game and then I will quit and return to these threads and exaggerate and be mean spirited and call you names because I'm a bitch ass nigga and I don't know how to converse with people.

If I'm a GM I'll make this overly convoluted plot and setting and spend weeks on it and then everyone will flake on me and the game will die in the first session.

Thanks for the consideration, suck my dick you mary sue faggot in advance, I'm only writing this in hopes of getting a /that guy/ story. Which I won't, but I'll exaggerate and make shit up to make it seem like it was.
>>
>>44655058
Heh.
>>
>>44655058
2accurate
>>
>>44655058
I legit wasn't sure if this was bait or not until I searched the skype account to see if it was real.
>>
>>44655058
Would you allow Path of War?
>>
>>44581738
Sent you an email.
>>
File: 1vdcLiX.jpg (31KB, 400x332px) Image search: [Google]
1vdcLiX.jpg
31KB, 400x332px
>GM or Player
Player
>System
Have little experience but most interested in Shadowrun, any 40K system or Star wars
>Schedule/Timezone
GMT+10 Eastern STRAYA. Weekends or Fridays
>Contact Information
skype is thatheresyguy
>Additional Info
I am rather new but interested in any system, the ones listed are just my top picks.
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System
D&D 3.5
>Schedule/Timezone
I have a messed up sleep schedule, I go to sleep at 6 AM and wake up at 2 or 3 PM/time zone is Eastern Standard
>Contact Information
[email protected]
>Additional Info
barely able to converse normally, lunatism, English is secondary language
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.