[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adventure Thing Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

File: dungeon.jpg (161KB, 981x620px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon.jpg
161KB, 981x620px
Last night's storm failed to wake you it seems, as water drips rhythmically on your head. This place, and it's stench of feces and rotting food begins to rot the inside of your nose. Your head is pounding...you know not why you're here. Your arms are now slumped down, above you, your shackles are unlocked and opened. Where you are, it's eerily quiet, yet people still had to be here...you still have marks on your wrists. You try to remember who you are...who exactly are you?

(Quest thing in a slight tabletop fashioned after basic dnd. Make a decision based on a situation and roll a 1d100 to establish priority)

Last night's storm failed to wake you it seems, as water drips rhythmically on your head. This place, and it's stench of feces and rotting food begins to rot the inside of your nose. Your head is pounding...you know not why you're here. Your arms are now slumped down, above you, your shackles are unlocked and opened. Where you are, it's eerily quiet, yet people still had to be here...you still have marks on your wrists. You try to remember who you are...who exactly are you?

(Quest thing in a slight tabletop fashioned after basic dnd. Make a decision based on a situation and roll a 1d100 to establish priority)

( http://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm )
(Go to link related and roll your stats, apply them to attributes as follows

Strength
Dex
Const
Int
Wis
Cha )

(Roll a 1d100 using 4chan to determine a post priority. This is the only time where rolling up a character is necessary)
>>
>>44559221
I forgot to add, 3d6(strict) is what you should roll
>>
Bump. Hopefully it will be up in the afternoon if I get responses.
>>
>>44559221
Strength 9
Dex 13
Const 5
Int 10
Wis 9
Cha 7
who am I? a girl with a sword I guess.
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

Strength: 5
Dex: 9
Const: 8
Int: 12
Wis: 14
Cha: 9
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

friendly bump

Strength 3
Dex 15
Const 7
Int 12
Wis 12
Cha 5
>>
>>44562319
You're starting to remember who you are. You're not very strong...or hardy at all really, and a tad of a recluse, but you're very wise and bright in some things. You do not know why you suddenly remember all these characteristics about yourself, but it at least shows if nothing else that you're memory hasn't gone to total shit. You begin to move your arms around, with the ache you never knew you had reminding of you of your less than optimal condition and circumstances. You get up, your legs feeling like they're giving way, and stumbled towards a small puddle, gazingdown at someone who's...gazing back at you...wait, it's you. Is this what you look like?

Elf (+1 Dex -1 Con)
Half Elf (None)
Human(None)
>>
>>44565572

>Human

Remember to keep at least one hundred feet between yourself and any carriers of filthy elven genetics. They will try to lewd their way into your genetic heritage.
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>44565572
>Elf
Humans are shit. Total Shit!
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>44565572

>Human

>>44566066

elves are for rape
>>
>>44565572
Elf
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>44566296
Whoops, forgot roll.
>>
File: MW-class-Mage.jpg (31KB, 256x128px) Image search: [Google]
MW-class-Mage.jpg
31KB, 256x128px
>>44566066
Alright, so you're an elf...you touch your ears and feel for the pointy end that is typical of those with elven blood as opposed to blood of non elves such as humans or dwarves. In fact as you gaze more closely at your features they seem much more defined...a sign of a pure blooded elf. As an elf, you're less hardy, but you're more dexterous compared to you're other humanoid cousins.

Strength 5
Dex 10
Const 7
Int: 12
Wis 14
Cha 9

As an elf what could one as yourself possibly do? Surely you're not a fighter? You're far to frail to be among the mightiest of weapon wielders, hell even you're average apprentice is probably more adept than yourself.

Fighter
Magic User
Thief
>>
>>44566525

>Fighter

Easymode is for chumps.
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>44566525
>Magic User
Physical might is for the lesser races
>>
>>44566554
u gonna roll?
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>44566554
>>
>>44566554

High INT, WIS fighter? I'm down. Min-maxing is for faggots.
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>44566525
Magic user
>>
Rolled 7 + 1 (1d8 + 1)

>>44566940
A fighter? Surely you must be new then. A frail elf like yourself has no business wielding big boy swords and other weapons. Besides the point, you must now escape this dungeon and get out to the open world. Luckily it doesn't seem that far, as the window above streams with light from above ground.

To your right there is an empty cell with a door wide open but you're not sure what's inside. To the left is a cave decorated with hanging moss. You hear a more ominous faint howling coming down from the leftmost cave. Forward is an opening for the most part covered with rocks among other things, but it definitely is not impossible to pass through.

What do you do young elf?

You are also wearing nothing but ordinary clothing. My roll is your HP, and your AC without armor is 0
>>
>>44567576
I made a mistake in this roll, it's supposed to be -1, so your hp is actually 6
>>
>>44567576

>Go forward
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>44567576
>Go right
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>44567623
>>
>>44567659
You go to the right and investigate the cell. The shackles in here look a rusted red, and the smell of rotting food seems more concentrated then where you once were. At your feet you see a dead body wearing branded light armor, with next to it a bloodstained club. Beyond further inspection the armor is also bloodied at the torso, with a slit through the chest, and other signs of stab wounds on the back.

The armor is branded simply as Sous.

What do you do, Elf?
>>
>>44568288
loot that shit
>>
>>44568412
You loot the armor and the club. You are now ready to go! Among the body you also find a note.

"To Administration

This letter is about my resignation from the captain of the Watch Patrolman.Circumstances have come up where I must here with my wife and it wouldn't seem fair to her for me to keep working here against her wishes, especially considering the dangerous environment.

I thank you for the employment opportunity of 20 years strong, but I must now retire from the position.

Sincerely. Julius Aarolng"

You took a few minutes to put on the armor, and wielded the club. The howling from the cave with hanging moss is becoming more distant with each moment. You also glance at the cave with the fallen rocks.

What do you do?

Your armor class is now 8. I made a mistake earlier and meant to type 9.
>>
>>44569074
Pass through the rock covered opening.
>>
File: gY4jZWR.jpg (43KB, 579x576px) Image search: [Google]
gY4jZWR.jpg
43KB, 579x576px
>>44569144
As you approach the rock covered opening you realize that up close it is much smaller than you'd expect, leaving very little space to work with. Luckily there are some options available to you. You can try to lift the rocks if you wish, one should be enough but you risk injury. Same with trying to squeeze through.

If you wish to move the rocks roll a 1d20 and add in the strength modifier of -2.

If you wish to squeeze on through add in your dexterity modifier of 0 when you roll.
>>
>>44569873
Risk of injury?
Guess we'll try the leftmost cave instead.
>>
>>44569974
You go to the leftmost cave, and as you look in front of you it see the cavern descend seemingly deeper into the ground. You move forward, the air getting evermore colder with each step you take. The once distant howling is coming closer. It's also fairly dark, and undergrowth such as moss is becoming more and more abundant.

Dripping, with the occasional howl is becoming ever more prominent, and you're not sure but it feels as though the cave is beginning to slope up...maybe to outside? It sure doesn't look like it goes anywhere since it's still rather dark...

Will you go on, elf?
>>
>>44570780
Hell yea
>>
>>44570815
You continue further into the cave. With each step you begin to hear something more than the howling from before. The ground in front of you began to get more laid with dead bats in a variety of sizes.

"Finally! The entrance was all locked up, and they left us for dead. The bastards."

"They didn't even furnish this...wide open and they couldn't even put in a decent door?"

"Why do you care about these things? We're about to g-...Wait did you hear that?"

You hear footsteps approaching your direction. You see that they're too burly men in ragged clothes, from right to left armed with a dagger and shortsword. "Dammit a guard! I thought there'd be no more down here..."

"Two against one! C'mon!"

hory shet elf. wut do?
>>
>>44572077
Tell them you aren't a guard, and are totally on board for looting this place.
>>
>>44572171
You gonna have to do a roll for charisma. Just do a 1d20
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>44572610
>>
>>44573303
You attempt to persuade them by stating how you're not a guard but rather looter. "Huh? Why the guard getup? ...Oh I see, a way to get in quietly huh? I understand. Y'see me and mah pal here was trying to get out of this joint. One of the guard dogs here was about to make some noise. We can't have that while we're trying to get out of here. Do what you want with the mutt, we're out of here."

"Y-yeah out of here."

The two in ragged clothes proceed to leave, with the dog remaining and a harsh light now apparent now that they're not blocking the way. The dog is scared, and begins to howl, shake and whine.

Wut do elf?
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>44573590
try to calm down the dog
>>
>>44573684
Roll a 1d20 if you'd please. I'll be back later. Th-thanks for showing interest.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>44574095
no problem man, seem like it could be good.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>44574095
>>
>>44574297
>>44574342
Sorry for the prolonged absence, I am back from my nap.
>>
>>44574297
You kneel down and attempted to calm the terrified canine. It backed off from your advances before sniffing your and running out towards the light. You follow it, and the bright contrast of the outside compared to the dimlit inside burned your eyes. You did however eventually adjust.

You left out of a small underpass within a rock like structure, and atop that structure was a fortress with every little man made interference. It seemed like the dungeon for the most part was made into the large mountain like structure instead of it being man made. From your elevated height you see that the land for the most part is barren with few little vegetation except a few newly planted shrubs, and your occasional tall grass.

A man dressed in similar armor runs up to you with a few others. "You there! What happened here? We were sent for at the request of the captain! Are you him?"

Well, Elf?
>>
>>44577660
>"Nope. Captain's inside. Hurry up, he's impatient."
Then GTFO.
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>44577660
"No! No, the prison was attacked! We fought them off but the captain was killed -- bless his brave soul. Most of the other survivors already left. I came back to try to survey the damage -- and I guess to see if any of those dogs that attacked us came back; I could go for some vengeance. There were two of them, but they got away -- ran off in <direction looters went>.

I looked around and they... Well, apparently they stripped the captain's corpse and... his fucking corpse, chained up in a cell, bloodied and stabbed despite already being dead. I haven't had this job long, but I had it long enough to know that the captain didn't deserve that. I would've given him a proper burial but... Well, I'm sorry, I'm new, and it was just over my head. I wasn't ready for this. I... I wasn't ready for this!"

Since it's a bold-faced lie, do I need to roll 1d20 for charisma instead, or is this fine?
>>
>>44577920
Are you gonna roll, anonman?
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>44578011
I don't think I'm gonna beat a 97, but here goes.
>>
>>44577924
Yep, roll a 1d20 for a charisma check
>>44578023
You were almost there I-I think
>>
>>44578048
If I roll really low, can I forfeit my choice to the other anon? I don't want us to get stabbed to death this early in the game.
>>
>>44578121
We're going hardcore nigga. Accept you roll
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>44578048
yeah, 81 ain't bad, is even great, but 97 is exceptional
>>
>>44578121
how about I roll a nat 20 for you
>>
>>44578167
>>44578145
Hey, thanks.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>44578190
>>44578167
Is that allowed OP? I'll roll too just in case it's not
>>
>>44578224
i'll go with the first roll.
>>
>>44577924
You bluffed in a bold lie straight to the man in similar armor. His face remained unturned and that of stone as he heard your plight. "Damn, it seems like this place was attacked directly...very much so. Scout out the area! Look for any survivors! The good news is that there were few occupants here, whatever they could want though is in question. What's your name, son? I need to report this right away and clear you."

He shooed his squad away towards the other sides of the building to investigate anything else that could be of use.
>>
>>44578451
Forgot my trip
>>
>>44578451
Oh god we forgot our name. Let's go with Adamar.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>44578451
I vote we go with the whatever is the most common, generic Elf name in this setting. Something that doesn't stick out at all, so even if they search records they won't be able to disprove our story or link us to either our made-up assault or whatever it was that actually happened.
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>44578957
if we know the most common elf name I'll back >>44579080

otherwise roll for my post
>>
>>44579531
I need to pass out like I suspect OP has. Good luck anon.
>>
>>44579665
no I'm still up. I got sidetracked
>>
File: 1451430240547.png (569KB, 588x412px) Image search: [Google]
1451430240547.png
569KB, 588x412px
>>
File: 1450596709747.png (284KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1450596709747.png
284KB, 736x736px
>>
File: 1451761508356.png (103KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1451761508356.png
103KB, 700x700px
>>
File: 1451729307572.jpg (183KB, 1260x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1451729307572.jpg
183KB, 1260x1024px
BLINI
>>
File: 1442899985414.jpg (139KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1442899985414.jpg
139KB, 640x640px
WHO THE FUCK UP
>>
New Rule elves can sell magic legally
>>
Don't listen to that guy, he stole my trip so I just changed it.
>>
I sure do love Cocks
>>
>>44579854
Changed it again. The skype call man, I forgot I was screen sharing something.
>>
New trip I just turned off screen share
>>
File: 1451417456401.jpg (93KB, 523x714px) Image search: [Google]
1451417456401.jpg
93KB, 523x714px
So as I was saying.
-Magic does more damage
-Elves can sell magic legally
-Elves get damage buff
-Elves get buffed dodge
-Elves are weak against Fire and nothing else
-Elves can now generate gold every second

Any questions you can email me
>>
File: 1450931225217.jpg (39KB, 680x753px) Image search: [Google]
1450931225217.jpg
39KB, 680x753px
Some helpful links to the rules to newcomers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcHsESWPOw8

>>>/aco/297637

https://e621.net/

http://exhentai.org/
>>
>>44578957
"Adamar? Definitely an elven name...damn you and your complicated and different names. Only your first name?...Whatever is the case, I'm sure you're the only one with that name. We don't get that many elves around here, in fact you're probably the first elf we hired in months.

Since you're new here's the rundown. Elves around here are troublemakers, don't you be one of them. They're known for selling magic illegally. Magic around here is illegal in this county without a permit, hence why we still have people who wish to practice magic in the privacy of their own homes. We actually had an elf just sent here if I recall...for whatever reason I don't know. Anyway get yourself some rest, go to the town south and tell them Manuel Narger sent you. You'll get access to living quarters."

You are now free from the dungeon, and are free to do whatever. A notable destination is to the south in the town. East and west house planes and a thickening forest respectively. To the south...seems to be nothing.

Where to, elf?

Ignore the other guy plz.
>>
>>44578957
"Adamar? Definitely an elven name...damn you and your complicated and different names. Only your first name?...Whatever is the case, I'm sure you're the only one with that name. We don't get that many elves around here, in fact you're probably the first elf we hired in months.

Since you're new here's the rundown. Elves around here are troublemakers, don't you be one of them. They're known for selling magic illegally. Magic around here is illegal in this county without a permit, hence why we still have people who wish to practice magic in the privacy of their own homes. We actually had an elf just sent here if I recall...for whatever reason I don't know. Anyway get yourself some rest, go to the town south and tell them Manuel Narger sent you. You'll get access to living quarters."

You are now free from the dungeon, and are free to do whatever. A notable destination is to the south in the town. East and west house planes and a thickening forest respectively. To the south...seems to be nothing.

Where to, elf?

One of us tells the truth the other tells a lie
>>
Wow OP, just wow. Having the other dude put up random stuff is actually okay, but coupled with all the other stuff here....I suppose you've never seen a Quest before?

>>44579939
go south

>>44579954
go east to the planes, which are totally different from plains. I mean wow, didn't know there was an airfield here.
>>
>>44580256
This isn't supposed to be a traditional quest thread. I even said in the OP what I kinda wanted to try out.
>>
>>44580287
And now I can't even remember my trip. God dammit...
>>
>>44580287
it's not JUST that you're doing things differently, it's the lack of certain practices that generally make things flow better. Like choices.

You can say it's "experimental" but between what I would uncharitably call mistakes and losing your trip, it looks a lot more like "sloppy"
>>
>>44580314
Oh, the traditional choice system? I don't really like it that much desu, and it allows players to make their own decisions, and it worked rather well from my experience with some one shots here I did. But yes, the other things are truly sloppy and I honestly have no one to blame for myself, and it was my ignorance that made them come to the point to which they are, which is nothing short of disappointing.
>>
>>44580340
>and it allows players to make their own decisions
there's this thing, it's called "write-ins". See, it means that nobody is obligated to choose any of the choices you give them.

The main purpose of the greentext choices is
>bring up information the character would obviously know
>put a marking point so people know WHEN to vote for something
>make it easier to read, since seeing the greentext helps understand that the part before that is about to hit a stopping point

>and it worked rather well from my experience with some one shots here I did
I will refrain from saying anything mean-spirited or pessimistic.
>>
>>44580372
Oh I understand the purposes more so choices now. I originally thought of them as more restrictive, and in my case seem somewhat like handholding as it was from my experience

>So yeah, do one of these
>something different if you want

And they seem more obligated to go with the pregenerated choices rather than trying something different. However it is something to consider when you mentioned that it does pinpoint when to vote, as well as making it easier to read as it is more...what's the word...highlighted? Making it stand out more.
>>
>>44580444
>I originally thought of them as more restrictive
I point you to
>>44579939
>A notable destination is to the south in the town. East and west house planes and a thickening forest respectively. To the south...seems to be nothing.
this here? exactly the same as giving greentext choices. You could just as easily put these as choices and then put another line that like:
>Unless there's something else you want to do here first? The guards are still investigating.
>>
>>44580468
Fair point, I wasn't intending to however,I was trying to describe nearby things...albeit rushed

I also suck at making individual choices
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.