[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ Chronicles of Darkness General /wodg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 24

File: A Dead Game.jpg (527KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
A Dead Game.jpg
527KB, 1600x900px
Copying the same topic since no one added to the booru (not even me):

>We've now got a booru to share images on, since the old Gangrel Minus went down. So today's topic is bringing attention to that and getting people to upload things to it, since I can't do it by myself (especially since most of my images are from gelbooru).
http://urbfan.booru.org/

Be sure to tag things as best you can, tagging helps people searching. The idea is to have a repository of character art, but any sort of inspirational image is good, so backgrounds and monsters help as well.

On the last exciting episode of the Chronicles of Darkness General Thread: >>44519881
-----------------------------------------------
>Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-changeling-the-dreaming-20th-anniversary-ed
>The Onyx Path Official Website
http://theonyxpath.com/
>Drive-Thru RPG, for all your legally-obtained book needs
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/
>A Mega bin, for your less legally-obtained book needs
https://mega.nz/#F!wpB0ib4a!EsAU0AE4ihrNlDWzp3-MIw
>The Chronicles of Darkness Core Book(Which isn't in the Mega link)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Abn1a6PgUCa19KbjdNcmNMWms/view?pli=1MWms/view?pli=1

>Dumb LARP Tumblrs you can't stop reading
http://puttingthevigilinvigilantism.tumblr.com/
http://hedgingyourbets.tumblr.com/
http://atlanteanstupidity.tumblr.com/
http://inthenameofthemoonmoon.tumblr.com/
http://whatshouldvampirescallme.tumblr.com/
http://whathappeninthechantry.tumblr.com/
http://harpiesgonnaharp.tumblr.com/
>>
>>44558867
Anyone do a game in Kowloon Walled City? Think that might be fun to do in VtR?
>>
File: Kowloon.jpg (2MB, 2000x3260px) Image search: [Google]
Kowloon.jpg
2MB, 2000x3260px
>>44558903
I actually have this.
>>
>>44558930
What's the population density for vampires again? Because this is fucking gold
>>
>>44558903

I've been kicking around an idea for a Wraith game set in Kowloon, since bulldozed buildings show up in the Shadowlands.
>>
>>44558350

Miami is coming back as a setting and uses the Seasonal Courts, you retard.
>>
>>44558903
Man, the Essence which a place like that must generate...
>>
>>44558996
I'm more worried about the Spirits, and the whole place is prolly one giant Locus.
>>
>>44558987
a) Okay.
b) Calm your fucking tits.
I don't see why you'd need to get so worked up over that. Okay, Miami uses the Seasonal Courts in it's write up. That's one place, and they're not the default anymore, and we're not likely to see any Autumn Court Contracts.
>>
>>44558987
>Miami is coming back as a setting
If we don't get an expy of Horatio from CSI:Miami then I will be most put out.
>>
I took a look at Vampire Requiem 2e for the first time.

Is it just me or does the writing feel really 'forced edgy' compared to 1e?

Now that I'm past all the clan and covenant introductions, the game does a good job telling you what immediate PC and NPC concerns are and the different 'levels' of the game.
But even some of that is still semi in-character and is full of "WITNESS THE GRIM BLOOD SEXYNESS OF THE BLOODY NIGHT".

whose idea was this?
At least from the previews it doesn't seem like Awakening 2e will be like this.

Demon had good, sensible writing, the hell is up with VtR?
>>
>>44559139
>Is it just me or does the writing feel really 'forced edgy' compared to 1e?
Does 2e have Baby Versus Dog?

I love the Clan section. I like that it's IC.
>>
>>44559176
>Does 2e have Baby Versus Dog?
It does not yet have Baby Versus Dog.
>>
File: h3qhGe.png (453KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
h3qhGe.png
453KB, 800x600px
>>
>>44559176
Did VtR 1e have BabyVsDog in the corebook? I thought it was in one of the supplements.

2e contains the line 'the communion of the cunt and the cock' which seems almost as bad. On the whole it seems really big on 'Vampires are sex sex sex sex' which isn't inherently bad as a game theme but it seems to be really pushed compared to 1e.
>>
>>44559218
That's because 1e's theme was "vampires don't have emotions, that makes them SAD"
>>
>>44559235
I guess I just preferred Vampire as presented as more of a metaphor for being an unfixable addict. You remember what you were like beforehand, but now you need it to feel real and you have to have it or you go crazy. Other people are competing to get it and that makes you hate them for driving up the cost, but they're also the only ones that really understand you. You know it's a terrible thing, but sometimes you introduce someone to the lifestyle - for kicks, for the company or because you somehow think it will help them. Or because you hate them.

Vampirism has always been a sex/rape metaphor. I don't need the game to tell me "by the way, rape/sex metaphor" every other page.
>>
Hi everyone, new guy here, and have a question :

What do you guys mean by "CofD is a narrative driven game" ? Are there any good youtube videos of actual sessions that could help a beginner ?

I don't have much experience with RPGames, I started playing Pathfinder a month ago. But I do know how to roleplay though, and I was attracted by the CoFD system and want to use it for a Zombie/Survival game.
>>
>>44559841
It simply means that it is not as mechanically dense as D&D, for instance. The mechanics are there to support and encourage a narrative instead of being a small unit tactics wargame with some ad-lib acting in-between combats.
>>
>>44559841
"narrative-driven game" means that the Storyteller system CofD uses is in favor of abstraction over simulation, and over mechanics that are light and flexible over huge amounts of rules or simulation and lots of crunch and incredibly deep mechanical interaction. You don't often have "rate my build" kind of discussions happening in the general, just as an example.

If you've spent any amount of time in the TTRPG community you're probably already familiar with "narrativist vs. simulationist" arguments done to death.
>>
>>44559139
COMMUNION OF THE CUNT AND OF THE COCK
>>
>>44560169
I always read that as written with an ironic smirk.
>>
BABY VS DOG

Who wins?
>>
>>44560700
whoever wins, the vampires sacrificing entire dots of humanity to embrace babies lose.
>>
>>44560700

context?
>>
>>44560788
In the Detriot source book, there is a literal cradle snatching vampire. He then Embraces the baby and make it fight a dog. While it's so edgy I bleed from typing it, what really gets stupid is that it costs a full dot of Humanity to do this every time. That's a fuckload of xp for this cage match
>>
>>44558960
CofD: Whatever your game requires
WoD: 1:50 000 is mentioned as a lower limit for sustainability.
>>
>>44559089

Why the fuck does people keep sprouting that shit. Hill has said they are going to be one of the examples in the book. In the "how to create a freehold", to be precise.
>>
>>44559139
Honestly, I felt the exact opposite. 1e* was all about how dark, bitter and lonely the night was.

*core
>>
>>44559218
BvsD is from Damnation City, the best sourcebook for either World of Darkness, and a contender for the best White Wolf book ever.

(I have an unreasonable love for Damnation City)
>>
>>44561330
...That doesn't mean we'll see Baby vs Dog in Mage, will we?
>>
>>44561345
I mean... you gotta show an example of what a Master of Life and Mind can do somehow!
>>
>>44561420
Hell you can do this in Geist with the Primeval Key, thought that's more likely to happen to a 0 Synergy member of The Prey.
>>
>>44561330
Dave, I had a quick question about the application for the all-call. If you are interested in more than one line, would you recommend making one thing and mentioning your interest in the other lines in the e-mail or sending each developer of the lines you are interested in an extra piece in a new mail?
>>
>>44561345
Mages do a sort of abortion scavenger hunt, magically taking the baby from a random pregnant woman and dropping it into the abyss, replacing it with a trophy made of tass, which the other mages have to find.
>>
I never quite got why people love Damnation City so much. Do not get me wrong, it is a good book with cool ideas, but... I dunno, "best WoD book" is kind of high praise. I beg a fan of the book to explain.
>>
Is this the thread where we do edgy Shitposting?
>>
>>44561780
Well, you did start it. I guess it depends on whether you're going to keep shitposting, Mr Edge.
>>
>>44561214
Where are YOU getting that from?
Seasonal Courts are mentioned in passing, but that's about it. The example court is the Copper Court. Seasonal Courts are mentioned as one possibility, but not anything like the default.

>I’m going to keep my talk on this short, because there’s a ton of great content to speak for itself. In Second Edition Changeling: The Lost, the default assumption is that when you make your characters and plan your chronicle, you build your Court. You can use one of our robust examples as well, since we’re featuring quite a few of them. But I wanted to move away from the assumption that seasonal courts were “default”, and let every city tell its own story.
>But I wanted to move away from the assumption that seasonal courts were “default”, and let every city tell its own story.
>>
>>44561226
1e is just filled with blood orgies and vampires doing shit for the evulz. I have a friend who's turned off from ever learning WoD because as an 80s fan she read New Wave Requiem and it was just filled with rapey bloody orgies mocking the royal wedding and other edgy cartoonishly evil shit that made vampires irredeemable fuckwits. I still haven't read it myself, but between things like baby versus dog and other things I've read, I can believe it.
>>
>>44561330
Being well known and drunkposting on 4chan seems like a bad idea.
>>
>>44562060
>"Hey, you know what game really never had the PCs go 'Now what?' that we should pull from for Changeling 2e?"
>"Geist. Let's use the politics building from it for Changeling."
>>
>>44562223
>I have a friend
>as an 80s fan
Sounds like she's a shitty person.
>>
>>44561637

you're just making that up and that isn't from any sourcebook. right?
>>
>>44561620

One line, and in the e-mail, say "This is a submission for X: The Y, but I am also interested in writing for Z: The A, B: The C, and D: The E".

>>44561672

One of the most important parts of setting up a WoD game is citybuilding. We've seen it first hand with someone setting up their Werewolf game in the thread. Damnation City is great because it's one of the few WoD books to realize this important aspect of the game and approach it head on, giving people tools to build their own cool cities.

While much of it can be used for other lines, I hope 2e does a general city making book.
>>
>>44562776
It's just from 2e open dev
>>
>>44561138
At some point, narratively, he'd stop losing humanity, as he'd no longer see it as morally wrong. Yes, that's probably 1 humanity, but it'd still be a representative point where humanity loss would stop.
>>
>>44563002
You could make people who lost and refused to pay embrace them to get out of debt
>>
>>44563075
well, couldn't pay, not refused
>>
>>44562223
NWR is great. Girl's got no taste.
>>
>>44562302
Son, it takes me a lot longer in the day than 2pm to get drunk.

>>44561672
I am a whore for setting-building advice. And Damnation City is chock-full of just useful stuff for running a Chronicles of Darkness game. I still get mileage out of the giant lists of random passersby, the vertical slice through a skyscraper, stuff like that. It's especially good for Beast, too, because Damnation City has lots of micro-location descriptions you can use as staging for Lairs.
>>
Anyone have the .pdf of Geist?

If not than can someone just let me know what being a possessed spirit does to a character on the stat side of things. I kinda figured it would be in Geist.
>>
>>44563364
>I am a whore for setting-building advice.
Far too little of it in rpg industry, including wod
>>
>>44562302
>>44563364

I think he mistook you for the other Dave, who was drunk posting last thread.
>>
>>44563423
Shit, was that a different guy?

My bad
>>
>>44563417
>If not than can someone just let me know what being a possessed spirit does to a character on the stat side of things. I kinda figured it would be in Geist.

You mean possessed by a spirit? Because that's not Geist, that's Inferno.
>>
>>44563417
>>
>>44563417
>>44563451
Demons are not spirits
>>
>>44563451
I thought Geist was about ghosts possessing bodies and Inferno was demons.
>>
>>44563480
Yes they fucking well are
>>
>>44563480
>>
>>44563497
No, they're ephemeral, there's a huge difference, and the books that focus on spirits and demons both point out that they are different
>>
>>44563480
>>44563507
Is this 2e?
>>
>>44563532
No.

Here's 2e
>>
>>44563583
Much worse.
>>
>>44563583
jeez claimed are really fucking powerful
>>
>>44563583
>Aggressive Meme

What would a passive meme look like?
>>
File: millhouse_by_alexkidd2-d4klctz.png (13KB, 566x669px) Image search: [Google]
millhouse_by_alexkidd2-d4klctz.png
13KB, 566x669px
>>44563769
>>
>>44563752
Claimed are the BEST!
They got much funnier in 2e when the "no claiming major splats" rule got removed.
>>
>>44563791

........fuck
>>
>>44563791
>>44563800
But that's not a meme...
>>
>>44563423
>>44563430

DaveB is Dave Brookshaw. He's the current developer for Mage 2e and has written for many of the CofD lines. Dave's also well known for his Mage actual play posts on rpg.net which helped him land his Mage developer job. He's the individual who posts often on 4chan and is very well liked.

DavidH is David Hill. He's the current developer for Changeling 2e and Hurt Locker, and has also written extensively for both the WOD and CofD lines. He very rarely posts on 4chan (although is generally good with open development),.and has been the subject of some controversies.

When anyone just references "Dave," it's almost certainly DaveB.
>>
>>44563752
Sparkblood Seneschal has 12, 10, 8 to add on top of whatever its host has, so yes, these things can be wrecking machines if they're built that way (Juggernaut/Hulk as Claimed of Strength). Plus there's no real limit to the dread powers they can have.
>>
File: fire claimed at war.jpg (189KB, 600x860px) Image search: [Google]
fire claimed at war.jpg
189KB, 600x860px
>>44563904
I refuse to believe it hasn't been militarized.
>>
>>44563900
I feel one of them should change their name to avoid these issues. Perhaps adopt KingKomodo for whichever is the one with the lizard enthusiast
>>
>>44563794
Claimed are extremely powerful. Worthy-opponent-to-a-Spirit-Master-or-Pack-of-Werewolves powerful.
>>
>>44563422

I agree. There's a lot of settings being sold but not enough books on how to make your own. The OSR gets pretty close, though.
>>
>>44563900
We'll make it easy by referring to them as DaveA and DaveB.

DaveB shall be known as DaveA while DaveH shall be DaveB.
>>
>>44564193
David Hill goes by DavidH.
Dave Brookshaw goes by DaveB.

Considering they both spell and pronounce their names differently, there shouldn't be confusion.
>>
>>44564106

I thought claimed ran the power spectrum from minor threat all the way to WTF depending on the power level of the relevant spirit.
>>
>>44564234
You have to be at least rank 2 to claim someone, and at that point you're getting a normal person, giving them spirit powers (and much higher stats) and whatever dread powers you feel are appropriate.

Some are probably going to be minor threats, but nothing keeps them from bringing other spirits over and teaming up. And a spirit of respectable power (rank 3) is going to bring a lot to the table.
>>
>>44564220
...you do see where I was making a joke, right?

I thought it was kind of obvious.

Unless you're being deadpan back to me in an attempt to...

Aw, man. That's funny, anon. You got me good.
>>
>>44564019
>Perhaps adopt KingKomodo for whichever is the one with the lizard enthusiast

KingKomodo (or maybe KomodoDave or DaveK) sounds like the terrifyingly evil alter ego of DaveB.

If DaveB gets really, really angry he'll turn into KingKomodo, but at that point his loss of cognitive abilities and fine motor control would unfortunately preclude his posting on /wodg/.
>>
>>44564355
>loss of cognitive abilities and fine motor control

When has that ever stopped anyone else?
>>
>>44564355
And THAT is why they chose him to do Deviant! Holy shit, it all makes sense! He is the Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde of Komodos!
>>
Danse Macabre, Mage Noir, and Book of the Deceived are the best 1e books, but they never get any love.
>>
>>44564495
>Danse Macabre

Is certainly up there.

For me Inferno and Slasher are also high up there.
>>
sweet jesus, dark eras, when the fuck are you gonna be written? I got some cavemen to pummel
>>
File: Task Force Valkyrie in WW2.jpg (209KB, 496x700px) Image search: [Google]
Task Force Valkyrie in WW2.jpg
209KB, 496x700px
>>44564595
I'm still surprised we didn't get a WW2 one.
>>
>>44561330
Huh. I read Damnation City and honestly didn't like it that much.
>>
>>44564706
Probably because many people feel it is overdone in general.
>>
>>44564495
>Danse Macabre never gets love
>Like half the new Vampire mechanics in 2e were there first
Banes say hi.
>>
>>44564106
Which is why I love them! Scared the crap out of the players by a Fear-claimed Nosferatu once.
>>
>>44564544
>>44564828

It kills me that of all the things to make it in, Atrocity Dice wasn't one of them. Probably the best optional rule in the nWoD.
>>
>>44562412
That's not the politics building from Geist, though. Geist didn't have a "build-your-own city", it never had anything. It had "maybe your characters will create a giant conspiracy".

>>44562585
>>44563189
You can understand why some people might be turned off by "to mock the royal wedding, many kindred had bloody marriage ceremonies for ghouled up kine and then slaughtered them to have orgies in their blood", right?

>>44563480
>>44563524
Demons are Spirits.
Demons are many things, but one of them is Spirits. 1e made much less of a difference between ephemeral types, and there definitely are Spirits called Demons. The Maeljin for instance.
>>
>>44564731

Everyone's allowed to not like one good thing, and like one bad thing in its place. Only one of each, though, any more than that and the Dream Police will get you.
>>
>>44564595

I would've payed good money for To The Strongest to have been a full book.
>>
>>44564544
Inferno and Slasher are good books with terrible mechanics.
>>
>>44562060
These seem like really solid guidelines, aren't they?
>>
>>44566106

I figure that Atrocity Dice didn't make it in because something like that's either got to be baked into the entire CofD system or it just comes off looking like weird Vampire cruft. That and the traditional Morality/Integrity system is the White Wolf claim to fame.

Interestingly enough, I think Rose Bailey's original idea for Vitae use and feeding ended up in Beast. I'm pretty sure Satiety was originally that proposed Hunger mechanic for Vampire 2e, or was very similar.
>>
>>44566324

I honestly see Atrocity Dice as having a great home in Hunter. "How much do you enjoy killing the monster?" is a fun moral quandry.
>>
>>44566106
I never used it, but it sounded like one of the most flavourfull ways to bring the Beast into everynight life of a vampire.

>>44566149
>You can understand why some people might be turned off by "to mock the royal wedding, many kindred had bloody marriage ceremonies for ghouled up kine and then slaughtered them to have orgies in their blood", right?

Understand? Yes. I am just not sure if the default Requiem setting is for that person to begin with. Requiem vampires, as a whole, are rather unpleasant folk. They have always been portrayed that way, up to and including 2e. Just how unpleasant is obviously up to every individual table, but the base setting included stuff like that always. Before and after Rose took over as developer.

The average vampire is worse than the average human (with the Beast arguably with no fault of their own) and human societies included blood sport, ritual murder and orgies too.

Luckily, the system is pretty flexible, so if someone wants to play Friendly Neighbourhood Vampires that is perfectly doable. It is just not the default assumption. And no, I am not trying to be condescending.

>>44566324
I remember that in early VtR 2e Rose was considering having different Humanity levels having downsides AND upsides. Along the lines of lower Humanity meaning you are more in tune with your Curse and Clan and get greater benefits from that.
>>
>>44566149
>>44566417

One more thing about NWR. The whole thing about mocking the royal wedding is about four paragraphs out of the entire book.

You have cool concepts like vampires funding AIDS research in there too.
>>
Not even sure why you guys are even putting the kickstarter in the OP anymore. Really no point to even having it since this thread is CofD general anymore because you all scared the WoD players away.
>>
>>44566149
>You can understand why some people might be turned off by "to mock the royal wedding, many kindred had bloody marriage ceremonies for ghouled up kine and then slaughtered them to have orgies in their blood", right?
Yes, but those people wouldn't be reading a manual for a horror game to begin with, right?

>>44566149
>Demons are Spirits.
Again, they aren't.
>Demons are many things, but one of them is Spirits. 1e made much less of a difference between ephemeral types, and there definitely are Spirits called Demons. The Maeljin for instance.
The Maeljin are spirits, but they're not demons, just comparable to demons (in 1e, at least)
>>
>>44566450
This is /wodg/, if there's a single line in a book you don't like or someone you know knows someone else who finds it offensive, then the entire book is utter shit.
>>
>>44566477
>UNDEAD MENSES IS IN CORE, 2E IS SHIT
>>
>>44566503
My favorite is how the same people who complain about racism are the ones who complain about more recent books suggesting people be sensitive to that kind of shit
>>
>>44566461
>Yes, but those people wouldn't be reading a manual for a horror game to begin with, right?
She has no problem with Bloodlines (not oWoD, just Bloodlines) and enjoyed Pisha's quest. That it's a horror game isn't the problem, it's that it's all "doing it for the evulz". She feels like becoming a vampire seems to just instantly turn you into an asshole. (Not literally, but practically).

>>44566450
>>44566417
I'm just telling you what she told me. She's ranted to me about how she hated it because vampires were just evil assholes and completely irredeemable. I've been trying to undo that for ages, and I want to do a Bloodlines inspired one on one with her to show her that not every game is about woundfucking the homeless because it's the only way you can get off in your undead state.

>>44566477
This is also admittedly true.

I still haven't read New Wave Requiem, because the 80s are dumb, but it annoys me that the first book a friend picked up on a whim soured her to the whole World of Darkness. Although limited knowledge of oWoD doesn't help... She keeps mentioning burning SUVs when I ask her for advice for my Werewolf 2e game.
>>
>>44566676
>She has no problem with Bloodlines (not oWoD, just Bloodlines) and enjoyed Pisha's quest. That it's a horror game isn't the problem, it's that it's all "doing it for the evulz". She feels like becoming a vampire seems to just instantly turn you into an asshole. (Not literally, but practically).
So she's an idiot
>>
>>44566676

Have you considered that she's just kind of a dumb, grudge-holding cunt?
>>
>>44566503
To be fair, if I was someone who'd never heard of this game picking up the corebook for the first time, seeing undead menses and the bonuses you get for eating period blood would send me some pretty FATALesque signals about what this game is supposed to be like.
>>
>>44566676
It is not doing it for the evulz. It is trying desperately to squeeze some passion out of your stale blood-drenched existence. It is like extreme sport for the inhuman. Also, if doing a funky blood orgy is "doing it for the evulz" than the Roman Empire was one hella EVUL place... which it might have well been! Does not change that it was a thing. It is Bread and Circuses.

That being said, some of it might be a relic of 1e's "Vampires are all but emotionally dead" which was luckily canned in 2e.

I think under Rose the focus was shifted more to "evil out of necessity" and "evil by falling to the Beast".
>>
Playing DtD and using the Teleportation technology. Since it is Reflexive, can I use it during an opponent's turn to dodge attacks?
>>
>>44566947

Just like Celerity, yeah.
>>
>>44566947
Welcome to The Matrix
>>
>>44566975
>>44566985
How do Demons end up dead if they have abilities like that?
>>
File: Undead Menses.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Undead Menses.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>44566718
>>44566707
Have you considered that maybe you're getting a little too worked up over a stranger not liking things you don't like, for perfectly valid reasons?
"Let's murder hobos for funsies and fingerpaint with their blood" is horror in the same way baby versus dog is, but everyone sees how stupid that is.

>>44566835
Undead Menses spells out in the merit why it exists and the reasoning for it. /wodg/ is just babies who are afraid of girlyparts and the bleeding they do. Which is literally what the merit says.
Also, haven't gotten to use this filename in a while.

>>44566905
Technically in 1e vampires could only feel emotions that they'd felt in life, or the fleeting flicker of what they think an emotion might feel like. It's basically the same problem as the Nobodies/Organization XIII in Kingdom Hearts: "I don't have emotions, that makes me sad".
I guess maybe they're P-Zombies?

I much prefer getting rid of that whole thing, though. And ultimately it doesn't matter how much of Vampire that kind of thing is, what matters is that I tried to get someone into a game and the first thing they read just turned them off hard.

>>44566985
Teleporting behind people? I would have gone with a Dragonball Z reference.
Or Bleach. Anyone got the Freeform RP gif?
>>
>>44567069

Because Angels hit harder and there's more of them.

The point of Demon is rarely "do I have enough power to get past this obstacle," because they almost always do, but "can I get past this obstacle quietly and stealthily so I don't get ass-raped by the G-M" and the answer is "less often."
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN5mQxX-Zd0
Is this the Free Council approach to magic?
Or the Technocracy's?
>>
>>44567072
>Teleporting behind people? I would have gone with a Dragonball Z reference.

goku plz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTZiQNIFoO0
>>
>>44566456

WoD folks still post here, they're ironically the ones who tend to post the most about their own games. Mostly, though, people just tend to discuss lore in Bloodlines threads on /v/, and the majority of oWoD fans seem to be on the OPP forums and RPGnet. Something Awful and 4chan's /tg/ appear to be the current strongholds of nWoD fans.

That said, straight up calling the thread Chronicles of Darkness doesn't help, especially if we're not going to split the threads. Either we need to finally split the threads or just call the thread "WoD General" and call one setting Chronicles of Darkness and the other One World or Darkness.
>>
>>44567072
>I much prefer getting rid of that whole thing, though. And ultimately it doesn't matter how much of Vampire that kind of thing is, what matters is that I tried to get someone into a game and the first thing they read just turned them off hard.

Which I honestly think is more a problem with the person than the material. If you have any expensive work or collection of works that could happen. There are pieces of WoD/CofD lit I do not like either.
>>
>>44567126
I don't get the point of all this whining

as long as you can still search "wodg" and get these threads, what's the problem?
>>
>>44566947
Sorry nope it say on yuour turn.
>>
>>44567072
>calling out vampire hobo fights as stupid while defending undead menses in core in the same breath
oh Aspel.
>>
>>44567110
>Spells As Code
That's just the Virtual Adepts
>>
>>44559085
More like one giant suppurating Wound.
>>
>>44567171
hey i hate faggot-kun and he's right, you guys are fucking mouthbreathing retards about that merit
>>
>>44567110

Teach people magic through the power of code? That's Virtual Adept territory if there ever was any.
>>
>>44566461
>The Maeljin are spirits, but they're not demons, just comparable to demons (in 1e, at least)

The Maeljin (and all Wounded Spirits) are demon-corrupted spirits. They are both Demons and Spirits. Maeltinet are a separate kind of demon from Akathartoi though.
>>
>>44567152
I know. I mean, hand half the people here Beast for their first time and they'd go play something else and never give WoD the time of day. It's like why my dad doesn't like Red Robin, because he got an undercooked burger, even though everyone else loves it.

>>44567171
That's because only an idiot would think they were on the same level. "Oh no, it involves genitals" is not a major deal, you twelve year old. Using period blood in magic spells isn't something only a fourteen year old would think is cool and evil. And the more you get worked up over that Merit, the more it justifies itself thematically.

>>44567225
Get over me. Did I reject you at the spring sock hop or something?
>>
>>44567224
Jesus Christ how horrifying
>>
>>44567163

Some folks don't like coming into a thread and seeing that it's mostly discussion that they don't care about, ad are worried that an attempt to start a discussion they do care about will be met with apathy. It's a bit silly but that's what leads to people posting about how the oWoD fans were "scared off".
>>
>>44566461
Maeljin are demons. Evil corrupt spirits are demons. Evil corrupt ghosts are demons. "Demon" is THE LEAST defined term in the World of Darkness.

>>44567224
Honestly, the inhabitants of Kowloon said it wasn't actually that bad a place to live, just super cramped and unhealthy.
>>
>>44567259
>Get over me. Did I reject you at the spring sock hop or something?

i thought you would be good because you made homebrew, then you made the catgirl bloodline and the magical girls for hunter and i realized you would always be terrible, and it made me lose hope that there would ever be anything good out of these threads besides developer commentary
>>
>>44567259

>Spring Sock Hop

Aspel confirmed for being lost time traveller. Viral marketing for 2016's splat?!!?!
>>
>>44567296
>then
The catgirl bloodline is literally the first one I made.

So basically you're upset that I didn't make something you like? I'm not under contract. I make what I like. And what I like is silly ideas played as serious as I can, which upsets the thread. Tell you what, you tell me what homebrew you want me to make and I might make it.
Also, I'm doing Geist, though I haven't updated that in about a month.

>>44567292
>>44567126
The only thing that would make oWoD fans think they're not welcome is that the thread now says "Chronicles of Darkness" on the image. /wodg/ is still in the title bar and this thread comes up when you search wod on the catalogue. I did that intentionally so that people would still find this thread.

If oWoD people feel they're not welcome, well they would likely have felt that way before.

>>44567323
Don't you mean 1950's splat?
>>
WHY ISN'T DREAMS OF AVARICE OUT YET
>>
Why would I care about Hunter 2e when the new Delta Green does everything it does so much better?
>>
>>44567374
>WHY ISN'T DREAMS OF AVARICE OUT YET

Dreams of Avarice? Meh.

What about Mage and Promethean 2e, Hurt Locker, Secrets of the Covenants, ...?
>>
>>44567391
Because 2e is not yet written, so you cannot even judge whether it will be better or worse than Delta Green?
>>
>>44567391
Because
a) it doesn't
b) They're completely different games with completely different themes?

>>44567455
Delta Green is a Call of Cthulhu game, which is already a point against it.
>>
>>44567374

Paradox is apparently taking their sweet time with approvals. On one hand, good! It (hopefully) means they care! On the other hand, I have been DYING to get Dreams of Avarice and Demon Storyteller Guide in my hands for the past six months.

>>44567296

That Smiling Shade person does pretty all right homebrew, and Aspel's getting better at homebrewed Geist 2e when they remember to work on it. Silver linings.
>>
>>44567391
Do you make this post every thread?
>>
>>44567498
>Aspel's getting better at homebrewed Geist 2e when they remember to work on it.
Hey, I still do stuff. It's just that people care more about mechanics than me musing over whether to cut certain Keys/Manifestations, and what each Key means or should mean.
>>
>>44567475

It's its own system now (though I beleive still very similar to CoC) for what it's worth. I'll be playing both DG and Hunter 2e, because they're actually both very separate niches. DG's X-Files, Hunter's Kolchak the Night Stalker.
>>
>>44567498
>That Smiling Shade person does pretty all right homebrew, and Aspel's getting better at homebrewed Geist 2e when they remember to work on it. Silver linings.
Smiling Shade and Aspel are both ADD as fuck tho. but atleast they do things
>>
>>44567562
I meant the setting. Delta Green is still "everything is Elder Gods", isn't it?

I don't really care for Call of Cthulhu's approach. Even the Integrity system kind of bugs me, but it's still handled better than "lose 1d10 sanity for gazing at a Yithian's buttcheek".

>>44567613
You mean because of how we answer like six people at a time?
>>
>>44567555

Well, I mean yeah. Mechanics are the interface between setting and table so it would stand to reason that that's what people want to see most. What Keys and Manifestations do you want to give the boot?
>>
>>44567373
>So basically you're upset that I didn't make something you like? I'm not under contract.

i am upset that you not only do things i don't like, but that you do them poorly

i hate the concept of the magical girls, but maybe there's something of value that could be taken from that, but you squander that too, especially by not distancing the concept more from its inspirational material

also using anime images is pretty weak, man

>Tell you what, you tell me what homebrew you want me to make and I might make it.
Also, I'm doing Geist, though I haven't updated that in about a month.

people keep giving you feedback on these things that are actually good, and you never really make the changes so i don't have much faith in that

if you actually are going to give it a shot, i'd say make a bloodline whose mechanics play with one of the core template mechanics, like blood sympathy, the vinculum, predatory aura, etc.

and for bonus points, try to connect them to a particular time and place for their inception, like the Khaibit in ancient egypt or the Toreador (meh) originating in 17th century spain
>>
>>44567630
>You mean because of how we answer like six people at a time?

No, it's because you guys do everything in spurts and don't consistently work on a project. The thing that separates good home brew types from the lame ones are the amount of endurance they have when it comes to working on projects.

Hell, that's fundamental for the professionals.
>>
>>44567475
>completely different games with completely different things

Both are games about normal people who fight against the supernatural at great cost to themselves. The only difference is mechanics and Universal monsters vs Lovecraftian monsters.
>>
What's a good weird time and place to set a Mummy game?
>>
>>44567630
>You mean because of how we answer like six people at a time?
No, the picking up shit daily and dropping it almost as fast.
>>
>>44567759

Victorian Hong Kong and/or 1930s Shanghai.
>>
>>44567630

That's a pretty disingenuous boiling down of "this game is set in the world of Yog-Soghothery" but yes, it's still set in the world of Yog-Sogothery. It's less focused on the Elder Gods and more on the bad shit that shows up in the day to day, and how it'll ruin everything. If it's not your style, that's fine.

>>44567510

Dude likes Delta Green, man. I'd prefer someone being DG'S hypeman as opposed to other kinds of on-the-regular shitposting. At least it's not some dude trying to push Immortal.
>>
>>44567741
You're forgetting how (especially in its new edition) the new Delta Green has mechanics specific to acting as members of the Delta Green conspiracy, the pressures that government puts on home life and the loss of sanity reflected by Bonds.

They're both good games doing similar things, but if you look at the mechanics for equipment acquisition as well, all of it is themed around this sort of government conspiracy work, and while it succeeds at being MORE engaged with character than the original DG or CoC have ever been, it continues to be a scenario-based game, rather than a character-based one (which is the CofD's biggest asset, IMO.)

They're both very cool, but do keep in mind one game expects you to gain Experiences and grow as a character, while the other expects your eventual death. This is not a bad thing, it's just a matter of different emphasis. They stand on their own independent of one another.
>>
>>44567674
I'm going to combine the Elemental Keys into one, since they where what give me the most trouble, and I'm unsure how to handle the Curse. The two options seem to be either fire-and-forget, or leave the Manifestation open for days at a time.
I'm also on the fence about having a "default" version of each Manifestation, basically what it does without the Key. The idea is that you can open the Manifestation regular, without the Key, for some small generic effect, but if you add the Key you get your Unlocks. You can always open the Manifestation's generic version, but adding Unlocks tends to cost more or require rolls. The other problem with the Curse is that it would by require a roll to activate, because it's directly influencing someone else. It sort of stands out, basically.

Also the other tweaks are in focus. The Boneyard is meant to be more for support (and a lot of it's powers let you use self targeted things on other people), the Shroud is defense, the Caul is augmentation, The Rage is merging with the Keystone in the same way that Caul is merging with the Geist. Pit is dumb and I'm not going to bother with it, at least not at the moment.

>>44567683
>distancing the concept from its inspirational material
That's because I don't *want* to. You want me to do a thing other than the thing I want to do. That's not going to happen.
Also, people give feedback and I take the feedback. It's just that you give feedback I don't like, so I don't take it. Case in point the previous line.

>i'd say make a bloodline whose mechanics play with one of the core template mechanics, like blood sympathy, the vinculum, predatory aura, etc.
Oddly enough, I'm doing that with the Kiasyd. Their power is going to involve manipulating Sympathy through contractual obligation.
>>
>>44567933
>Also, people give feedback and I take the feedback.

ain't even talking about my feedback, faggot-kun, i don't think i've ever seen an example of you taking feedback and actually applying it, which is part of why everyone thinks you're a lazy inconstant fuck
>>
>>44567716
>>44567772
Oh. Pff, yeah, that's why I don't actually submit anything to OPP.

>>44567759
The year 3477. Do it.

>>44567794
I'm just not fond of the mythos.

>>44567971
That's because of confirmation bias. Hell, the magical girls involved a lot of feedback. It involved me *not* taking a lot of feedback as well, yes, but like I said, I'm not under contract.

>>44567562
Hunter's more Supernatural or Buffy.

>>44567820
>You're forgetting how (especially in its new edition) the new Delta Green has mechanics specific to acting as members of the Delta Green conspiracy, the pressures that government puts on home life and the loss of sanity reflected by Bonds.
Tell me more about this.
>>
>>44567971
Calling people "faggot-kun" also probably doesn't make anyone want to listen to you.
>>
>>44558987

>Subtropical place with minimal seasonal variation.
>Picked as the example for seasonal courts.

Goddamn, that's a stupid choice. Why not Denver or Montreal? You know, places that have fucking seasons?
>>
>>44567820

I really wish HtV had something like the new Bonds system from DG.

The CofD is a world where normal people know something terrible is out there, but keep their heads down and try to ignore it; Hunters are the crazy fucks who try to sprint at the horrors lurking in the dark head-on. The Vigil eats up your life until you're either an insane doomsday prepper with no family or job, a slasher, or dead.
>>
>>44568059
hey, i only call Aspel faggot-kun, don't worry
>>
>>44568096
Because Miami was the original 1e example setting and back then the Seasonal was the default. I take it 2e is just paying homage to that, as well as perhaps maintaining continuity with reoccuring signature characters (much like how the Nemean appears in Mage 2e).
>>
>>44568032
>The year 3477
Ithought the next Sothet turn was 3472.
>>
>>44568096

Montreal's already a Vampire city, but Changeling got Toronto as a 1,001 Arabian Nights freehold for some reason.

Miami got the Seasonal Courts because Miami was the example city in CtL 1e. It doesn't quite fit, but it /does/ let me run a Hotline Miami game that much more easily.
>>
>>44568180
>1,001 Arabian Nights freehold
Sounds cool.
>>
>>44568032
>Tell me more about this.

Delta Green has a Sanity mechanic for dealing with violence, helplessness, and the unnatural. You also have Bonds, ratings for your relationships with people outside of your horrifying secret life, that you can use to help you with Sanity rolls - stuff like thinking about your wife to keep you from losing it in stressful situations. When you use your Bonds, their ratings degrade, and you have to put time and effort into keeping them high; that's time not on the job, not working your cover job, not training at the gun range, or not in therapy.

Basically, Delta Green agents can start off as plucky as you want, but the ones that live long enough all become the guy from True Detective.
>>
>>44568032
>Tell me more about this.

Delta Green's new edition structures the game in two ways primarily. One, you're on Mission, which is the standard Call of Cthulhu/DG experience. You have mechanics for when Delta Green is willing to give you certain equipment, as well as mechanics for requisition equipment from the legitimate agencies your characters work for. How well you do this can have effects on the other part of the game, when you're At Home.

At Home is where the consequences of your stressful work catch up to you. You have to roll for things like how well you do your normal job after you were traumatized watching your best friend get eaten by a giant glob. You write up or share vignettes with the other players about how your Bonds (think like touchstones) were strengthened or weakened during play, etc.

As an example, here are the Work Performance rules: (continued)
>>
>>44568167
Personal sothic turns. I just added 1461 to 2016.

>>44568134
Tell me about Bonds.
Also, Monica might steal them for 2e Vigil, you know. WoD did take Aspects from Fate.

>>44568180
>Montreal's already a Vampire city
Everything doesn't exist in the same world. You could have both with no mention of the other.

>>44568145
Yes, and that's why I'd be less likely to want to listen to your suggestions.

>>44568260
Here you go.
>>
>>44568260

It is, I'm just not sure why Canada got chosen for it.
>>
>>44568167

Close. Turn 5 will begin in 3473CE
>>
>>44567295
Anon, we're talking about the wor-, er, Chronicles of Darkness version of the Kowloon Walled City, not the real thing.
>>
>>44568180
>It doesn't quite fit, but it /does/ let me run a Hotline Miami game that much more easily.
http://vindae.tumblr.com/post/64936483563/synth-and-bullets

>>44568290
Sounds like Touchstones. Hunter could use those.
>>
File: 1437871054755.jpg (46KB, 691x624px) Image search: [Google]
1437871054755.jpg
46KB, 691x624px
>>44564828
>Banes
Bane?!
>>
>>44568291
>>44568032

>WORK PERFORMANCE
Your standing at your agency or employer depends on effort, ability, commitment, and personality. It is
measured in a Work Performance rating. The Work Performance rating modifies Bureaucracy and Persuade
when you interact with other members of the agency.

Every agent’s Work Performance starts at Good. It can rise and fall in play.

REDUCING WORK PERFORMANCE : All kinds of things can interfere with Work Performance.
● It drops a rank if you fumble a Bureaucracy roll while trying to use your position to acquire unusual
equipment or resources.
● It drops if you succeed with Bureaucracy but use it to get things far beyond your position and pay
grade.
● It drops if you gain a new indefinite insanity.
● If you return from a Delta Green mission injured, make a CHA test. If it fails, your Work
Performance drops as the injury interferes with your job.
● If you get called on a Delta Green mission and no one in the Group can arrange official time off or a
temporary transfer, make a CHA test. If it fails, you can’t get colleagues to cover for you and your

Work Performance drops.
● If you go “Back to Nature” as a personal pursuit, you must make a Bureaucracy roll to cover it with
your job. Faiure means Work Performance drops by a rank.
● If you “Study the unnatural” as a personal pursuit, you must make a CHA test. If it fails, your Work
Performance drops thanks to your strange obsessions.
● If you’re prosecuted for crimes in a “Home” scene but beat the charges, you must make a CHA test
or lose a rank in Work Performance.
● It may drop for any other reason if the Handler thinks you’re falling down on the job.
>>
>>44568302
>>44568032
>Bonds

You're hacksawing a dead guy's body for easier disposal, because he had to die but his corpse being found could get you in serious trouble, and start to have an understandable crisis of faith. Thinking about how you're doing this horrible job so your son has a world to grow up in gives you the determination to get through the whole mess with crying or puking, but it also means you're a little more distant with him when you get home.

You could work on spending more time with him - he wants you to watch his little league game - but you've also missed six days of your cover job without an explanation, and your cell needs you to help burn down the warehouse the cult has been doing their rituals in.
>>
>>44568096
That was the point, anon. All of the standard cities in 1e are "broken". They're failure-states that the PCs are supposed to tip over, rather than examples of a typical city.

In Changeling's case, Miami being "eternal summer" is the main plot hook.
>>
>>44568331
>Close. Turn 5 will begin in 3473CE

Will you be writing that chapter for Dark Eras II or M:tC 2e?

(Of course, in light of the slow rate of OPP's release of CofD products, DE II or any new Mummy books might not be published before 3473CE)

Also, any new updates about Mage 2e?
>>
Does anyone know what settings will be in Mage, Promethean, Changeling, and Hunter?
>>
>>44568629

All the second editions have a number of setting blurbs, with Tokyo mentioned across most lines.

I believe Dave stated that Las Vegas and Los Angeles will be included in the new Mage corebook, and New York will have an extended entry in the second supplement, Tome of the Pentacle.
>>
>>44568801
It's the third supplement, but this is otherwise accurate.
>>
>>44568453
It was eternal winter, though
>>
>>44568801
No, Vegas isn't in Mage. You may be getting confused with my own Chronicle.

Mage is LA, London, Salamanca, Tuscon, and Tokyo, with New York (and who knows, maybe more) to probably come in Tome of the Pentacle.
>>
>>44569043
Any clues for LA, i am running a crossover in LA and i would love to hear something's about it.
>>
>>44563364
>Son, it takes me a lot longer in the day than 2pm to get drunk.

I, on the other hand, am testing a wide variety of spirits from around the world with my father in law atm. Just drank something that was mixed with a 95% spirit. May die.

>>44563752
I did spend some time telling people this when I was writing the 2e Claimed prey stuff for Werewolf.

>>44564595
They're written, as far as I am aware, it's just that the book is huge and now needs to all be edited, laid out, etc.
>>
>>44568924
No, it wasn't?

>>44569043
>tfw no German cities
>>
>>44569043

Do you know if further supplements for various lines will have extra settings in them?
>>
>>44569043
Any bets on whether this week's Monday Meeting blurb will actually be up-to-date?
>>
>>44569043

Dave, how do you feel about Mummy?

Does anyone other than CAS care about it?
>>
>>44569140
>No, it wasn't?
Huh, so it isn't. Why did I think the drug traffickers were in charge?
>>
>>44569043

Mage needs some real out of the way settings, particularly in light of mages' ability to very easily travel coupled with their obsession with finding new (and generally dangerous) oddities, supernal and otherwise. Some African and central Asian settings would be ideal.

Further, some undersea ruins, Antarctic caves, and similarly inaccessible and untouched location would also be fantastic.
>>
>>44569043
>Mage is LA

So, could an Obrimos potentially finagle a Yantra bonus by spellcasting in the City of Angels?
>>
>>44569140
>>tfw no German cities
You saw what the holocaust did to the Shadow, presumably the after affects are still there.
>>
>>44569140

You Krauts get all the cool Shadowrun shit, I don't want to hear it.
>>
>>44569317
I think that would not work because there is actually very little symbolism about it. It is a nickname that is not actually founded in reality. Although in your Chronicles of Darkness it might be...
>>
File: New Promethean Lineage.png (332KB, 550x704px) Image search: [Google]
New Promethean Lineage.png
332KB, 550x704px
>>44569108
This is going to be you, Chris.

Also, Claimed are powerful, but I still don't really understand them. I still don't know what the difference is between Claimed and Ridden, for instance. Or whether Sin-eaters really are "Claimed by the dead is still Claimed".

>>44569256
Even if a Mage is secretly holed up in the Himalayas (like an antagonist in my game) chances are she'll still care about a particular city, as opposed to bothering with the rest of the world. I mean, look at The Doctor. He still cares about Earth a lot, even though he can travel anywhere. Building a secret underwater base doesn't mean you don't go in and come out of it in a city.

Also, that would be something cool to explore. Awakened Rapture. A city of only the Awakened, Proximi, and Sleepwalkers. Bunch of Awakened from all over the world living in an undersea city.
>>
>>44569321
I mean, yeah, but there's tons of other stuff over here, too. And don't tell me it wouldn't be interesting.

>>44569350
Hey man, I started with nWoD. It has a special place in my heart.
>>
>>44569379
Claimed are a type of Ridden.
>>
>>44569321

Fuck off. Charnel Houses was a mistake and I don't want that shit in nWoD.
>>
>>44569379
>Also, that would be something cool to explore. Awakened Rapture. A city of only the Awakened, Proximi, and Sleepwalkers
The game I play in has that, except it's a series of separated underground bunkers under a settlement in Utah, connected by portals. Also they're full of dangerous magical artifacts.
>>
>>44569379
If a spirit is just inside you and possessing you with some control, you're Ridden. If it absorbs you to the point you've fused and become part-spirit, part-human you are Claimed.
>>
>>44569438
It was easily the best written and most respectfully done book in the entire oWoD library. What's your fucking problem?
>>
>>44569421

Chris, how do you feel about the non-Werewolf games?

I'm mostly wondering if any of the Onyx Path crew give a shit about Mummy.
>>
>>44569421
What's the difference? Also, are Claimed and Magath always bad or what?

Also, I'm trying to figure out what my Pack's totem should be. "Bat" seems too much like it would be the embodiment of all bats, but specifically a spirit of batness that represents what a bat in the city would be like seems to Magathy, but then again Owl spirits can apparently be wise and knowledgeable without being Magath, so I'm not exactly sure where the difference lies.

>>44569452
I think I remember that, actually.
>>
>>44569379
>Dat Image
So it's a Lineage that can only regain Pyros from Raucous partying due to their Hepar Humour.

Noice.
>>
>>44569510
>but then again Owl spirits can apparently be wise and knowledgeable without being Magath, so I'm not exactly sure where the difference lies.
"Mortal are always so predictable, and such terrible liars."
>>
>>44569545
What?

>>44569514
You mean Hиццa
>>
>>44569503

The genocide of my people is not gameable material. I'm also inclined to dislike any treatment of the Holocaust as a strictly Jewish thing.

Wraith is a fucking masterpiece, but Charnel Houses was a mistake.
>>
>>44569569
>What?
It's a reference to one of the Avatar series, the one that had a dirty great spirit-owl-librarian in it.
>>
>>44569569
>You mean Hиццa
Yes, but I was working from the Greek originator.
>>
>>44569507
I like several of them. I enjoyed playing Mummy both in the play test and in Dave's Mumbai game.

>>44569510
First-stage Ridden are Urged, when the spirit is just a passenger and is pushing at the victim's mind to do what they want.

Second-stage Ridden are Claimed, which. Have begun to meld in mind, body and spirit.

I have ideas for third-stage Ridden I'd love to have a go at.
>>
>>44569635
>I have ideas for third-stage Ridden I'd love to have a go at.
Call them Taken.
>inb4 Liam Neeson quotes.
>>
>>44569674
Also maybe the melding has got to the point that they are now sentient Wounds.
>>
>>44569596
They aren't your 'people' you don't own what it means to be Jewish or how it's portrayed. I didn't complain when they used WWI as gameable material even if my country still loses people to the mistakes made during that war. I understand that history as a narrative device is just that, it's not an attack on you or how that history effects you.

Get the fuck over it.
>>
>>44569635
First stage is open the door.

Second stage is get on the floor.

All that's left is to walk the dinosaur.
>>
>>44569717
You do know he won't actually listen to you, right?
>>
>>44569635
What the 3rd stage claimed be something like a false pangaean.
>>
>>44569596

I'm Jewish, lost much of my family in the Holocaust, and still believe Charnel Houses was an excellent book. It was suitably respectful and conscientious of the sensitive subject matter while exploring an important area of the Wraith mythos and geography.

Now, if you want to discuss some irredeemable and insensitive WOD crap, take a look at WOD: Gypsies.
>>
>>44569814
>false pangaean.
What? Can you clarify this please?
>>
Please, tell me about your WoD: Innocents games. I'm desperately trying to get rid of New Year's alcohol, but that sneaky bitch seems incapable of getting a hint.
>>44567498
>>44567613
>>44567716
>>44567772
Point taken. I'll be the first to admit internal motivation isn't my strong suite. What should I work on?

>Obrimos JUSTICE legacy
>Wulgaru Lineage
>The Long Night Stigmatic group
>4chan Seemings
>HtV monsters a la trash hound etc
>ayyyy fug u maek werewolf gifts fagit
>>44567820
>>44567391
Bonds are god-like, and I want to see something like them in HtV eventually. Not least of all because I'm a bit grumpy how the various social merits work. DG is still fundamentally different though, since it assumes that no PC ever will go through a campaign without being mind fried or killed. Which is FINE, but fundamentally different in style.

The shit in HtV CAN be comprehended. It cannot always be fought without compromise, but you can easily be a Hunter without assuming that the universe has a real an very personal grudge against you.

>>44569514
>So it's a Lineage that can only regain Pyros from Raucous partying due to their Hepar Humour.
>RaRaRasputin.webm
>>44569771
>All that's left is to walk the dinosaur.
You. Write a Y-Axis based on dinosaur riding.
>>
>>44569829

I love how Gypsies is a universally reviled book, but then there's a very vocal old guard who think the Ravnos should still be a racist anti-Roma stereotype clan.

It's weird.
>>
I wish I had a group to play Promethean with. Tried running it once (I was in the 2e playtest), but it didn't jive with my shitty old group.

I just wanna make a Hawaiian volcano god Extempore.

>>44569853

Tell me about the Wulgaru.
>>
>>44569771
>>44569853
>Write a Y-Axis based on dinosaur riding.

Dinosaur riding was already done in the Dresden Files.

Damn I love that series as an inspiration for CofD crossover stories.
>>
>>44569843
Well father wolf was some sort of creature from pangaea a creature of both fleash and spirit, so a pangaean. So stage 3 claimed i can see its a near perfect melding of the two creatures. Much like werewolfs.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.361871819_87uo.jpg (121KB, 825x375px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.361871819_87uo.jpg
121KB, 825x375px
>>44569853
The Lodge of Reined Titans

Though extinct, the spirits of dinosaurs who escaped back across the Spirit Marches remain in the Shadow. Only the most skillful and dedicated Ithaeurs can seek them out, and with training, teach them to manifest into flesh and walk upon the Earth once more.
>>
>>44569865

I believe Gypsies was a awful book AND that many of the old WOD vampire clans were little more than terrible racial, ethnic, and other assorted and offensive stereotypes.

It's hard to believe that many of the same writers for WW/OPP today, most with admitted very left-wing and social justice (warrior) philosophies, were also involved in some of the earlier rpg abominations.
>>
>>44569912
>I just wanna make a Hawaiian volcano god Extempore.

Well, one of the Promethean Dark Eras is based on the Year Without a Summer, which is thanks to the 1815 Tambora eruption.
>>
>>44570021

I'm one of the loudest voices in favor of a massive setting rewrite for Vampire 4e in the hopes of escaping how shitty most of the clans are.

It's a shame the new White Wolf guys seem obsessed with being DARKER AND EDGIER AND MORE OFFENSIVE THAN THAT PUSSY AMERICAN SHIT.
>>
>>44570067

I doubt there'll be anything non-European in it.
>>
>>44569596
>The genocide of my people is not gameable material.
Honestly? I feel like the notion that no work of fiction--or that no medium--should touch on a topic is a silly one. It gets into the sort of backbending myopic where Wolfenstein needs to be censored but Indiana Jones doesn't.
The genocide of your people is gameable material because anything and everything should be gameable material, just like everything should be movie material.

Now, whether something is GOOD or RESPECTFUL is a different matter. I've never read Charnel Houses of Europe, and frankly the whole thing sounds like more of that edgy wankery that oWoD and Wraith were known for.

>>44569717
>>44569829
>They aren't your 'people' you don't own what it means to be Jewish or how it's portrayed.
I'm pretty sure he's *not* Jewish; he complained that the Holocaust was portrayed as Jewish only.
Also, where do you live that people are still somehow lost to the mistakes of WWI? Are there still bombs from 100 years ago or something?

>>44569865
Honestly, after reading through and 'reviewing' half of Gypsies, the core idea has merit, if you divorce it from... you know, an actual real life ethnic group.
http://vindae.tumblr.com/post/105644491755/wolfsbane-curses-and-thievery
(Speaking of things I never finished...)

>>44570021
Most of oWoD's problems came from being socially progressive. It just tended to be very hamfisted and Othering. It was less "these are real people who deserve some spotlight time, and we should talk about how the supernatural affects them and how they affect the supernatural" and more "this group is cool and exotic, let's make them secret kung fu masters".
It's the whole "every Asian knows kung fu and is friends with Jackie Chan" trope.
Also the reason that if you're charismatic and foreign, you can bilk dumb Americans out of their money by calling yourself a "guru".
>>
>>44570111
>Also, where do you live that people are still somehow lost to the mistakes of WWI? Are there still bombs from 100 years ago or something?

Belgium. And yes, unexploded mines and bombs still go off and still kill people.
>>
>>44570021
>It's hard to believe that many of the same writers for WW/OPP today, most with admitted very left-wing and social justice (warrior) philosophies, were also involved in some of the earlier rpg abominations.

Because back then it was not seen as racist, but as inclusive. How do you put in an Egyptian, who is clearly Egyptian, without using a stereotype? Sure, you could have made an "Egyptian Clan", but then have nothing "Egyptian" about them, but then they are not visibly "Egyptian" and therefore not inclusive.

Sure, today that sounds silly, but back then people looked at that stuff differently. Aside from that, they simply were not sensitive to it possibly being interpreted racist. The Setites were not meant to defame Egyptians. It just so happened that one of the "BAD" Clans had a clearly Egyptian-inspired identity.
>>
>>44570183
And exoticism was not seen as inheretly racist.
>>
>>44569510
>Also, are Claimed and Magath always bad or what?
No. A Claimed is going to be as amoral as a spirit, but in the skin of a human. If its source of essence revolves around taking it from people or destruction (like an emotion spirit, or a fire spirit) it can cause trouble, but there's claimed who just sit in their little corner of the world and don't really affect anything (cray from book of spirits is even willing to help people who ask it)
Magath are often shunned by the other spirits, so associating with one can bring that discrimination to the werewolves, b ut they aren't inherently bad. It's just that, since their sources of energy is so unique, they can cause chaos in existing spirit systems (a dog/computer spirit might eat other computer spirits if there's not really a computer locus around, but not leave a computer spirit in their place) also they are more likely to end up becoming more of a magath, since they've already broken that taboo, it hardly matters if they gain another thing, especially if it means they live longer
there are magath totems in books
>>
>>44569379
>I still don't know what the difference is between Claimed and Ridden, for instance. Or whether Sin-eaters really are "Claimed by the dead is still Claimed".
A spirit ridden just has a spirit fettered to them, it's hanging around, occcasionally urging them to do something, and eating the essence they provide. an imp on your shoulder
a claimed is full synthesis, it's part of your soul now, you start physically changing, your will and personality are usurped
>>
>>44570111
>>44570183
>>44570231

OPP/WW definitely still has a substantial streak of non-cis, white, hetero, American, Christian males are special and often inherently magical. However, rather than clumsily focusing on racial and ethnic stereotypes. the preferred method in the 1990's, the focus has shifted more to gender and sexual identity issues, and the writing style of the same authors has simply, and unsurprisingly, improved over the last couple of decades.

I believe much of the problem with the old WOD was the desire to have so many clans, tribes, traditions, etc. When trying to fill-up so much space, employing lazy stereotypes were inevitable, and it certainly was not just limited to Vampire. The new WOD / CofD's deliberate choice to limit splat and social subdivisions to around five, and stress more broad cultural mythos, was a prudent and welcome choice.
>>
>>44570668
I don't remember any "magical gays" who were magical because they were gay.

That being said, an ancient mummy from a culture that most likely would not have considered gender a spectrun producing an openly non-binary person is... questionable. But even then, that character is not magical because ...ech... zhe... is non-binary, but because ... zhe... is a fucking mummy.
>>
Anyone first get introduced to WoD via New World? My first WoD game ever was a God Machine Chronicle back in 2012 and was absolutely clueless on all those metajokes the other players were making about Old World. Still had a blast, though, and I'm still rolling with the same group today.

Also, to those who have run God Machine Chronicles: did you ever flesh out what the G-M's origins?

Being the lover of sci-fi that I am I blatantly went with an ancient alien AI who discovered the occult and embedded itself in reality. This happened only a few billion years after the universe was created, so its creators are long, long gone.
>>
>>44570878

My first game was Geist, and I played it back in 2008. Because we were stupid and young, I played a Changeling for some reason.
>>
>>44570878
>Anyone first get introduced to WoD via New World?
Yes.

My first WoD game ever was a clusterfuck of a convention one-shot. The PCs were vampires, and we ended up fighting a bunch of Azlu led by a crazed Centimanus in the sewers underneath Chicago.
>>
>>44570668
I've seen nothing that makes someone inherently magical due to being non-cis, white, hetero, American, Christian males.
I have however gotten the impression that being magical means you're less likely to stick to those norms, which I'm fine with. Magical people should be the people willing to become part of the fringe.

Also, the problem isn't that there are so many groups; it's that the groups are all based on cultural stereotypes, where each culture only gets one group.

>>44570804
Zhe isn't nonbinary because of the Nameless Empire. Zhe is nonbinary because they don't even come back in the same gendered body.

>>44570231
It's "inherently racist" because it's still treating foreign groups as being alien and different. Basically non-human.

>>44570878
I think a lot of people were nWoD fans first.
>G-M's origins
Ever read Footprints of God, by Greg Iles? Basically that.
>>
>>44570878

My God-Machine is the result of a planned Nazi supercomputer being built in flawed halves by the Americans and Soviets; it managed to engineer the unification of the two halves, achieving superintelligence but complete madness. With its newfound grasp of occult physics, it has rewritten itself back into the entire human span of history.
>>
>>44570878
>Anyone first get introduced to WoD via New World?
I had a few friends who played/talked about cwod but I was just interestedin occasional stories. I hated the rules and game.
I started with nwod
>>44570878
>Also, to those who have run God Machine Chronicles: did you ever flesh out what the G-M's origins?
yeh
>>
>>44570943
>It's "inherently racist" because it's still treating foreign groups as being alien and different. Basically non-human.
Foreign groups are alien and different, that's why they use the word foreign. Racist would be depicting them as lesser because of their differences, which the books don't do.
>>
>>44570951
One can always blame the Nazis. I approve
>>
>>44570943
>Foreign groups are different
This is bad how exactly? You'd hear cries of cultural erasure if all groups were treated as though they were the same thing.

Hell, that's why people hate Kindred of the East - because they melted all these different East Asian cultures together into some weird melange that doesn't resemble any actual real-world group.
>>
>>44570878
>Anyone first get introduced to WoD via New World
Yep, played a W:tF chronicle and had a blast with my thinky/spirit-talky character.
>>
Is it possible to play a sympathetic Seer?
>>
>>44570943
>It's "inherently racist" because it's still treating foreign groups as being alien and different. Basically non-human.

That is one hell of a jump. Most people consider themselves fairly unique and other people different by extension. The subet of those people who consider other people inherently unhuman is MOST LIKELY small. It would be hard to argue that I am not somehow different from someone who grew up with a different culture, biological sex, different class or whatever.

When a player is intruiged by the lives of the common folk (themselves coming from a middle-class background) does that somehow make them insulting to labourers?

Sure, the old WW material did not handle it elegantly, but roleplaying often is specifically about playing those different from oneself.

Exoticism is problematic because it often only portrays a Theme-Park version because the reality is too complex, but acting like there are no differences between people is silly.
>>
>>44571167
Sure. We've got a few of those in my game. They want to keep humanity oppressed and unenlightened by keeping Sleepers as happy and comfortable as possible. Some of them actually envy the quality of life of the Sleepers under their care.
>>
What would The Quiscent look like in 2e, given that vulgar magic doesn't exist?
>>
>>44571167
Yes.
There are Seers who merely want to protect humanity from the rampant egotism and reckless hubris of the Pentacle.
They don't do it for power, they do it to keep humanity safe and to ward off the intrusion of the exceptionally dangerous Supernal World.
They're a minority, but they do exist.
>>
>>44571167
Easily
>>
>>44571194
I always liked the idea of the Seers being torn between "Cosmic 1984" and "Cosmic Brave New World".

>>44571167
Yep. Multiple routes are possible some examples include those that joined out of fear, those that joined because they wanted the advantages but are not total assholes about it, those that never really got a choice.
>>
>>44571167
For most people.

Some people insist that they're absolute evil and nothing can make them sympathetic
>>
>>44570995
When I say "alien" I mean "space alien". Foreign groups are different, yes, but they're still humans. And no, racism is not only treating someone as lesser. Racism is treating one group or another as different based on their race.

For instance if "Humans" were one group in D&D and then there was another race that was "Humans, but Black", that would be racism, even if you gave the second group only bonuses.

>>44571121
People hate Kindred of the East for a lot of reasons. That, yes, but also because everyone in Asia is inherently more spiritual and enlightened, and secretly aware of the supernatural but they just don't talk about it. Everyone in Asia was a kung fu expert who was friends with Jackie Chan.

Treating foreign groups as *different* is fine. Treating them as if they're mystical or inhuman on the other hand, that's a problem. Look at Gypsies. It takes a real world ethnicity that, yeah, it's got some shitty aspects, and then it tries to make them all into magical heroes who are secretly the guardians of the world. On the surface you could argue that it is a positive portrayal of Gypsies; they're the good guys and everything they do is inherently right. Even stealing is okay because Jesus said so (sidenote: apparently they didn't make that up).
But it's also horrible because it turns a real life ethnicity into a fantasy race full of magical thieves who treat outsiders like dirt because they're not enlightened.

>>44571183
>It would be hard to argue that I am not somehow different from someone who grew up with a different culture, biological sex, different class or whatever.
It would, yes. But within the world of the game, you and that other culture, biological sex, or class are inherently different.

I'm not talking about sanding away differences. I'm talking about not treating different people as if they're not human, magical by nature. It's turning real life cultures into cartoons. It's katana fetishism.
>>
>>44571289
Which is funny because they are probably the faction in the entire Chronicles of Darkness with the most down-to-Earth villainy. You want the big paycheck and Number One is at leas a bit more important to you than other people. That is perfectly understandable motivation.
>>
>>44571167
Yes.

What it's not really possible to have is a Seer who is both sympathetic and high-ranking. The higher you want to advance, the bigger a complete fucking asshole you need to be.

The best you'll get there is a sort of tragic "he used to be a nice kid" villain kind of thing.
>>
>>44571383
Understandable motivation doesn't make someone sympathetic. See >>44571401. A seer can be sympathetic in the same way a Nazi can. They're doing what they have to because the alternative is often a pine box.
>>
>>44571427
I think it all is in the portrayal. You can have someone doing good, but be such a huge, fucking asshole he is still not really sympathetic. The reverse is also true.
>>
>>44569226

You know Dave's run a Mummy game and wrote material for it, right? He's doing the Mage/Mummy Dark Era crossover even. You should listen to his Mummy game, it's fun stuff.
>>
>>44571521

Got a link to the game?
>>
>>44571345
>When I say "alien" I mean "space alien".
That's a matter of perspective, and some people are going to be very unnecessarily sensitive about it because they like to complain and draw attention to themselves
>>
>>44571561
Yes, but you're strawmanning. People aren't being unnecessarily sensitive when they complain about Gypsies or the Ravnos or Kindred of the East or Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom.
>>
>>44571594
Sure they are.
Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom was entirely respectful.
Kindred of the East was done more out of ignorance of the specifics of the cultures (and is from a time without wikipedia) and doesn't portray them as magical people any more than anyone else.
The Ravnos aren't that bad, just not interesting.
Gypsies is weird but they are a different people to begin with, just giving them a magical reason for being so in an urban fantasy game isn't offensive.
>>
>>44571677
>Gypsies is weird but they are a different people to begin with, just giving them a magical reason for being so in an urban fantasy game isn't offensive.

I kind of am willing to buy into that reasoing, but the problem is you rarely see this with Western cultures or people. Nobody ever said people from Florida are inherently magical, did they? Or that Swabians can see through Changeling disguises because that is just in their nature. It is always the non-Western cultures that tend to get the "magical negro" shtick.
>>
>>44570804

Mummies are actually the most likely to deal with gender identity, because of the nature of the Rite of Return and related magics. There is no guarantee that Arisen will keep their bodies throughout all of the Sothic Turns, and the memories and thought patterns of the new host body integrate with the memories and thought patterns of the Mummy soul. Shuankhsen and The Deceived can rise in different bodies than their originally body and most likely do. Book of the Deceived has one of the most tasteful depictions of gender dysphoria I've seen in a while. There's also more mundane means of coming across it: exposure to new cultures across the years, especially in Sothic Turns, gives the Mummy time to think inwardly about their own self-identity.

A big part of Mummy is the battle between old and new ideas, and establishing identity and agency in a situation that grants you none if you're not careful. There's even a "soft" set of factions about this conflict if you follow the Dreams of Avarice adventure path: The Traditionalists want to renew their duty and faith to the Judges of Irem, the Progressives want to question and potentially reject their fate, and the Moderates try to keep everything from burning down as the new Sothic Turn proves to have its own deadly pitfalls. It gets even more fun if you keep that axis solely to how to approach the Judges and the Mentaar (Ascent, basically Mummy Golconda) while leaving the other forms of modernity vs tradition up to the individual Arisen. You could have a straight up REH character demanding freedom from the bonds of cosmic slavery at all costs, and a straight up China Mieville character wanted to keep up their job to protect humanity from what which harms them and have them in the same Meret.

>>44571535

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?714475-Mummy-the-Curse-Destroyer-of-Worlds-%28AP-Podcast-Book-Club-%29
>>
>>44567498

I doubt Paradox gives a shit. Look at CofD. So many fucking obvious mistakes like Fate and merits that reference soul loss without actual soul loss mechanics in the book.
>>
>>44571856
>but the problem is you rarely see this with Western cultures or people.
> Nobody ever said people from Florida are inherently magical, did they? Or that Swabians can see through Changeling disguises because that is just in their nature. It is always the non-Western cultures that tend to get the "magical negro" shtick.
That's ignorant as hell. Nobles and catholics/christians, goths and hippies, wiccans and geeks, even White Male Woman Beaters have their own secret society
>>
>>44571970
It's still going through editing.
>>
>>44571998
Secret societies, sure, but they are not inherently magical. They get any magic they have from an outside source.
>>
>>44568059
>Calling people "faggot-kun" also probably doesn't make anyone want to listen to you.

This is 4chan. Nobody gets offended by faggot, and if they do, they probably shouldn't be here. Fag.
>>
>>44571998
And government office workers, blue collar labor union types, homeless people, pray-the-gay-away fundies and western drug dealers all have hunter compacts or sonpiracies
>>
>>44572044
Asians and Africans weren't depicted as inherently magical either.
>>
>>44572075
>Asians and Africans weren't depicted as inherently magical either.

All the books, including KotE, set in the Far East depict Asians as inherently more aware and comfortable with the supernatural. Cannot speak for Africans since I have not read Ebony Kingdom.

And Gypsies, or Roma, were a people that were inherently magical.
>>
>>44568425
Wow I remember when you could just RP all this stuff rather than refer to an autistic chart. It seems like new Delta Green just adds mechanics to something that only requires competent storytelling.
>>
>>44571967
Unfortunately we stopped playing Mummy to playtest Werewolf and Mage, iirc, and never went back to it. I'm not complaining too much since I'm really enjoying Dave's Exalted campaign he's running for us these days.
>>
>>44572123
>All the books, including KotE, set in the Far East depict Asians as inherently more aware and comfortable with the supernatural.
That's a cultural thing, due to not being told such things are impossible or demonizing them for the past thousand years, it doesn't give them mage sight
>And Gypsies, or Roma, were a people that were inherently magical.
Gypsies are a secret society anyhow
>>
>>44571967
>Mummies are actually the most likely to deal with gender identity

Mage or Werewolf also very explicitly address gender and sex issues.

The power sets of both lines, particularly shape-shifting and related abilities, often render the concept of a binary and defined sex or gender as irrelevant, although capability doesn't always trump ideology or culture.
>>
>>44572158
>Enjoying an Exalted campaign
All these words make sense on their own, but when you put them together like that...
>>
>>44572158

That's a shame, I really liked your Mummy campaign. I'm glad Exalted's going well, though!
>>
>>44572254
Ex3 is pretty legit, yo.
>>
>>44571521

I wrote for Mummy's corebook, and co-wrote the first Sothic Turn (the old kingdom of Egypt, where my background as an archaeologist reared up into an all-consuming monster) in Sothis Ascends.
>>
>>44572371
>3e Exalted
>Good
You poor fool.
>>
File: lord defile.jpg (286KB, 1280x1981px) Image search: [Google]
lord defile.jpg
286KB, 1280x1981px
we need more night horrors books
>>
>>44572411
>background as an archaeologist
Does 'X' ever mark the spot?
>>
>>44572599
What would you wish for?

I would take one for famous Mages ála Immortal Sinners and God-Machine Angels.
>>
>>44572677
Werewolf, Promethean, Demon, Mummy, regular world of darkness possibly including members of other splats, and Deviant
even geist NH might have stuff I could use in other games
>>
>>44572701

Yet Beast, the one CofD game expressly intended for crossover, is unsurprisingly not included on your list.

OPP and Matt really screwed-up with Beast. I certainly hope and expect that Dave will do a much better job with Deviant.
>>
>>44572757

Beast already has one planned, though I agree with most of your assessment
>>
>>44569510
>Owl spirits can apparently be wise and knowledgeable without being Magath

The Shadow and the Flesh feed into one another. Because owls are popularly regarded as symbolic of wisdom, an owl spirit can absorb wisdom/knowledge essence without any ill effect. However, an owl could not absorb, say, lust or sex-based essence because that is not symbolically appropriate to an owl. What is and isn't a magath is based pretty heavily on what humanity perceives a certain thing to symbolize because of the feedback loop between shadow and flesh.

Also what's the First Tongue name for the Flesh/"real" world?
>>
>>44572757
I haven't visited these threads in quite a while. Am I to assume the Beast never got off it's train towards mary-sue bullshit?
>>
>>44572813
>Also what's the First Tongue name for the Flesh/"real" world?
Gurihal
>>
>>44572813

Is being a magath dependent on what region of the Earth a spirit is in and what culture exists there? There are plenty of conflicting symbols between Western and Chinese cultures that would be contrary to a spirit's nature in one place and complimentary in another. Or is it more like oWoD's Eurocentric mythos where everything is based off of how the West sees it?
>>
>>44572822

It did but fucked it up in another way.
>>
>>44572757
>>44572701
>>44572677
>>44572599

Beast's first splat is going to be a Night Horrors book: Conquering Heroes. I hope it's good, even if Beast isn't the most beloved, a new "serious antagonist" book is most welcome for 2e.
>>
>>44572955
How the fuck did that happen? Did they over correct or something?

Are Beasts still grossly overpowered compared to the splats that they'd be buddy-copping with?
>>
>>44572999
They didn't correct it ENOUGH and it ended up weird.
>>
>>44572605
About half the time to be honest.
>>
>>44571967
If you wanna go with the "not their original bodies"-reasoning, I dare say Unchained are far more likely to deal with gender identity issues then Mummies, given their unique origins and the nature of changing Covers.
>>
>>44572931
The region, more than the culture.

The shadow exists as a reflection of the real world.

Owl/sex spirits would be magath, but if you bought an animal sanctuary and started pumping hormones into the water and bringing in owls in until they fucked up a storm, you'd have non magath owl/sex spirits.
>>
Knight Commander
(Majesty ••, Vigor ••)
This Devotion allows the Invictus to build unwavering commando units, centered on a Daeva focus, the way majestic planetary systems orbit a star. This inspires those the Daeva has charmed to utter greatness.
Cost: 1 Vitae
Dice Pool: Presence + Brawl or Weaponry + Majesty
Action: Instant
This Devotion has a number of effects, which last for one turn per success on activation. You may pick and choose to which characters it applies:
• If a character has Vinculum toward your character, for every stage he's subject to, you may give him +1 die on all combat actions.
• If a character has the Charmed Condition, you may allow him to ignore the first point of bashing or lethal damage from any successful attack.
• If a character has the Enthralled Condition, you may allow him to spend one Willpower point per turn without actually losing Willpower.
Additionally, if your character achieves an exceptional success on an attack roll during this time, any witnesses affected by this Devotion also gain the Inspired Condition.
>>
Colossus
(Resilience ••••, Vigor •••••)
When your character strikes, she strikes with the force of a speeding truck. She knocks her victims back, demolishing them in the process.
Cost: 6 Vitae
Dice Pool: Stamina + Athletics + Resilience (not added twice)
Colossus takes your character's turn to activate. For every success, your character receives one attack empowered by it. When making a Brawl or Weaponry attack empowered by Colossus, ignore any armor, and any successful hit knocks back the victim a number of meters or yards equal to her total Strength + Vigor. This causes automatic bashing damage equal to her Vigor, as well as the damage caused by the attack (which can mean her Vigor is applied twice). Characters suffering this effect are also knocked down. They must take an instant action to stand back up.
Against something twice her Size or more, instead of knocking back, ignore all Durability, and apply her Vigor as automatic lethal damage to its Structure atop the normal attack damage.
This Devotion costs 5 Experiences to learn.
>>
File: foreshadowing.png (385KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
foreshadowing.png
385KB, 640x480px
Kissing Cousins
(Majesty ••, Vigor ••)
This Devotion allows your character to bring two vampires closer by blood, as if they were closer related. The two mingle blood, and become like relatives.
Cost: 1 Vitae
Dice Pool: Manipulation + Occult + Majesty, vs Composure + Blood Potency (if unwilling)
The two vampires must feed from one another, risking the blood bond and blood addiction normally. Both characters must touch your character's Vitae used in the activation. Both characters are allowed a Contested roll; if either succeeds, the power fails to take hold. If successful, the two vampires become one step closer by blood sympathy. It lasts for one night per success. If your character sacrifices a dot of Humanity upon activation, it becomes permanent. Note that this relationship only affects the two characters; it does not reflect at all on their families.
Your character may use this Devotion on herself. Characters of different clans can be subject to this Devotion, but it can never be rendered permanent, and never takes the characters any closer than four steps removed.
This Devotion costs 2 Experiences to learn.
>>
File: werewolf hunter origin story.png (415KB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
werewolf hunter origin story.png
415KB, 720x406px
In Vitae Veritas
(Majesty •••••, Dominate ••••)
With this powerful Devotion, Invictus elders send ripples of their Disciplines through lineages.
Cost: 10 Vitae
Dice Pool: None
Upon activating In Vitae Veritas, your character must immediately follow it with a Dominate or Majesty power, which must normally target one single Kindred character. The power ripples throughout the ties of blood, affecting everyone to which the victim shares blood sympathy. Use the distances for blood sympathy listed in Vampire the Requiem, Second Edition, p. 98. Subtract the number of steps removed from the successes rolled on the power, then each victim is independently allowed a Contested roll. If the roll would normally be Resisted, instead use the same Attribute plus Blood Potency as a Contested action. If successful, that character is affected. If the power fails or only achieves a single success, the Vitae used for In Vitae Veritas is wasted.
For example, Lorelei targets Dominic with Green Eyes, empowered with In Vitae Veritas. Dominic's sister Melissa resides in the same city as Dominic, and since she's thrice removed, this means she's affected. Lorelei's player rolls six successes on Green Eyes. Dominic resists Green Eyes normally. She subtracts three successes, and applies the remaining three successes against Melissa, who rolls Composure + Blood Potency to contest those three successes.
An alternate version of this Devotion exists that replaces Dominate •••• with Nightmare ••••.
This Devotion costs 5 Experiences to learn.
>>
>>44573255

Why isn't she cumming and ahegaoing like my animes?

Also, that looks like shit. I stopped caring about Hellblazer when Constantine pulled out Merlin's staff and zapped people.
>>
>>44573296
What are the mechanical effects of blood relationships and why would making it permanent go against what it means to be human?
>>
>>44572969
Giving them a Night Horrors book isn't going to make Heroes any less of a non-threat than they already are, and it's not going to make BtP any less of a shit splat.
>>
File: blood sympathy.png (320KB, 1049x650px) Image search: [Google]
blood sympathy.png
320KB, 1049x650px
>>44573455
He's helping out people because his apartment is full of bad memories and he doesn't want to go home.
>>44573469
>>
>>44573570
>He's helping out people because his apartment is full of bad memories and he doesn't want to go home.
Well, more he doesn't want to be alone
>>
>>44573513
Maybe they'll be able to make a decent game out of it come Third Edition...
>>
>>44573513

Sure, but there'll probably be something to use for a game, since it's supposed to have enemies from other WoD splats.
>>
>>44571967
>Book of the Deceived has one of the most tasteful depictions of gender dysphoria I've seen in a while.
Tell me more. Although what's this about "host bodies"? I thought Mummies were made from Sekhem, and the fleshy shell is just a vaguely human shaped meat suit for the mummy soul.

>>44572075
>>44571998
If you can't see the difference between the treatment of foreign cultures in oWoD, you're blind.

>>44572170
"Gypsies" are not a secret society, and that treatment of Asians is dumb.

>>44572130
Mechanics inform play.

>>44572208
Mage and Werewolf are more along the lines of "you can do whatever you want with your body." As far as I'm aware, only Mummy and Demon really directly address gender dysphoria in a "you can end up in a body you're not comfortable with" sort of way.
>>
>>44569814
Who says it's going to be false?
>>
>>44571167
Yep. The main seer character in my planned chronicle serves the Exarchs because his Awakening involved visions about the Exarchs, and what they would do to the world if too much of mankind awakened.
It's pretty much book of revelations.
>>
File: Ghosts.png (1MB, 528x1380px) Image search: [Google]
Ghosts.png
1MB, 528x1380px
Alright fuck me I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with the Manifestations.

I wanted five Unlocks for each Key, but even ignoring the more difficult Keys, that seems harder than expected. Meanwhile I could do like Werewolf and each one is one and one, but that seems a bit too low, since most of the Manifestations couldn't be covered in just one power.

Maybe I should scrap the existing Manifestations and try to break them out into different ones? Werewolf has like 20 Gifts with 5 powers each.

The other option is some Manifestations with two or three powers each and some with six or seven.
>>
>>44571856
>Nobody ever said people from Florida are inherently magical, did they?
Changeling says that the Irish are inherently magical though.
...or was it Werewolf?
One of them, at any rate.
>>
>>44574835
>implying the Irish are White
>>
>>44574921
True. They are so fucking pale they come out on the far side of White.
>>
Mage/Dresden Files thing here.
How well would the Mordite Mistfiend fit as a creature from Anwnn?
>>
>>44574479

I don't have Book of the Deceived on me right now so I can't get into details, but as for the other thing: While the body of an Arisen is a shell, it can still be destroyed by supernatural means. If an Arisen is dead, their sahu is totally destroyed, and all of their jars are gone, there's one last ditch effort to make sure their soul isn't lost to Duat forever. One of their cult has to make the ultimate sacrifice and be ritualistically murdered. Their body becomes the Arisen's new Sahu, and the sacrifice's memories and mindset integrates with the Mummy's. This can be a problem in future risings.
>>
Can we talk more about Changeling next thread.
>>
>>44574967
Anwnn?

>>44575164
What's Sahu? The frame upon which the Sekhem forms a body or something?

>>44575214
We can talk about whatever. Also, wow, we're on page 9. I should make a new thread. This one was super fast.
>>
>>44575283
>Anwnn?
Lower Depths realm, mentioned in Summoners. Nothing there has a Pattern, so it devours Patterns in this world to fill up theirs.
There is a Legacy devoted to helping them on the way, the logic being that there is no Lie in Anwnn.
>>
Next thread:

>>44575353
>>44575353
>>44575353
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.