[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warmahordes General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 23

File: 20151217_202539-1.jpg (3MB, 1992x2510px) Image search: [Google]
20151217_202539-1.jpg
3MB, 1992x2510px
Wait no never mind it died again edition
Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
>textuploader <dot> com / 5f980
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
>https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
>https://www.forwardkommander.com
>http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
>http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Aug%202015.pdf
Steamroller Rules
>http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
>http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
>http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issu
Your Dudes
>http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-2-3-2014
Abridged Lore
>gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
>hordes abridged:http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
>http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

If you removed ask the S Tier casters, who would be the new S Tier for your faction?
>>
With cygnar, i imagine seige would be top, with stryker2 (assuming our S tier being haley2/3 and caine2). If you count seige and stryker2 as top/S tier (a stretch I think), i dunno who'd be up there. Nemo3 or Haley1 maybe?
>>
Will Darius be the Battle Engine Caster for the Swans?
>>
Whats this about errata I keep hearing about

Is it sometime soon?
>>
>>44545123
God i hope so, i love playing darius and wish he did a jack mob better than he does running stormwall
>>
Going from Legion to picking up Retribution.

Bad idea, or just plain stupid?
>>
>>44545917

Not that bad of a jump actually. You went from large base heavy faction to a small base heavy faction.

All your hard habits from Legion won't really apply to Ret. Meaning its a brand new world for you.
>>
Why are these generals dead? Does nobody care about Warmahordes anymore?
>>
>>44546142
That would be a shame because the Two-Player Hordes Starter was given to me for Christmas
>>
File: PP-Design Team.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
PP-Design Team.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>44545136
There have been rumblings of an edition change soon.

PP have been pretty hesitant to do that, so they have been making more and more non-fix changes thru the Errata.

There's more than a few people not happy with the game in its current state, and like it or not, PP does listen to us despite what people say.

We are expecting big things. At the very least some nerfing.
>>
>>44546142

Not much to talk about. The game has big chasms of shit to not-shit in models, so lists are only posted by new guys.

Any mechanical or theorized changes are instantly shot down by Trolls. Who respond only with GitGud.

No one paints because Warmachine.

These threads are only spry during spoiler season. I used to make these threads back in peak popularity in TG. I would have to remake it more than once a day because we kept on hitting our bump limit.

That was when people were still figuring things out. It was fun then since people believed so much in the game that they would make nearly anything work.

Meh. The game could use a shakeup. I don't care if its through an edition change or major sweeping Errata.
>>
>>44546350
>The game has big chasms of shit to not-shit in models, so lists are only posted by new guys
I thought the game was amazingly balanced?
>>
>>44546379
It is... Across factions. Legion vs Circle is viable.

What is not balanced is the units you take for it.

Expect to use the same models over and over again to feel like things are even. Makes the game feel samey and make the player feel perpetually pigeonholed.

It's one of the reasons we have so many faction hoppers.
>>
>>44546142
Tournament season is over. No new model releases or spoilers (which isn't that much of a bad thing, in my opinion). Christmas season is generally slow.

We really ought to encourage people to post more WIP and painting projects in this thread.
>>
File: legionwip.jpg (1021KB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
legionwip.jpg
1021KB, 2656x1494px
>>44546544

I can post some.

Here's my newly painted Spawning Vessel, my in progress Typhon, and my newly primed Scythean claws made out of leftover Carnivean bits and Tervigon armblades.
>>
File: DasQueue.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
DasQueue.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>44546544
>>
>Cryx loses S Tier Casters
Now Scaverous will get the respect he deserves.
>>
>>44548722
Needs the inflictor still
>>
>>44544708
Is Warmachine generally considered to be the second biggest minature wargame after warhammer? Or is there something I'm missing?
>>
>>44549097

Really depends on your local scene. It's bigger than GW where I'm at, but I know that's not true in a lot of places.
>>
>>44549097
It is, however KOW and x-wing are right on their tails.
>>
>>44549166
I mean in terms of active players I would even say X-Wing is edging us out.

That IP and good games combo is hard to beat.
>>
>>44549266
My problem with x-wing though, is that in order to run certain lists, you have to go out and buy like 10 ships you would never even use.
>>
>>44549368
Yeah, but that's the Warmachine min/maxer in you talking.

X Wing had taken a lot of my interest because I can always find a game without minimax it.

You don't have to min max of you don't want to. It's not required like it is in Warmachine.
>>
>>44549473
>You don't have to min max of you don't want to.
You sure do if you want to win against a serious opponent, just like in Warmachine, or MTG, or Warhampster, or Malifaux, or Infinity, or

It's almost like you need to bring your A-game to compete with your opponent's A-game regardless of what game you're playing or something.
>>
>>44549166
>>44549368
>>44549266
But X-wing is kind of from a completely different batch of games. To rephrase my question, are warmahordes the most popular game like warhammer that isn't warhammer?
>>
>>44549473
But it's all like, "Oh, I want some Ion Torpedoes for muh T-65s. What do you mean I gotta buy two models of a ship I'll never use?"
>>
>>44549550
But the environment fostered is a big difference.

X Wing has a thriving casual base alongside a strong tournament base. You can muck about in casual until you build your forces for competitive. That's what I've been doing and I've gotten the cards I needed as promos for playing in tourneys.

Warmachine has the stigma of not even allowing that. I would say rightly so.
>>
>>44549630
Fakk. I mean unjustly so
>>
>>44549628
Ion torpedoes on a T-65 is the exact opposite of min-maxing.

And if you're just playing casual shit literally no one has issues if you proxy upgrades.
>>
>>44550268
Can't you also buy lone upgrade cards from some websites?
>>
>>44550646
Yeah, but in most cases the price of the card as a single is to the point where you're better off just buying the ship pack for $15 and getting that card and more.
>>
>>44549621
Kings of War is the only one that could be considered close, then.
>>
>>44544708
Gaspy2
>>
File: Seriously.gif (869KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
Seriously.gif
869KB, 400x265px
>>44550956

Your shitting me.
>>
Has anyone been playing calaban post release of blindwalker? Ive been toying with different builds and I dont know what he seems to like most
>>
>>44544708
I play Skorne so nothing changes.
>>
>>44551433
Is the blind walker actually out?
>>
>>44554189
No, but the stats have been available for a while now and the model is coming in ~3 months, I was hoping some other people have been giving it a shot before then
>>
Rural anon from last thread.

LGS owner refuses to touch anything that isn't mtg, tournie wise, but will look into carrying product.

Our casual play looks like this:
Me - Khador
Buddy1 - Trollbloods
Buddy2 - CoC
That Guy - Scyrah.

We've agreed to do battlebox games for a bit, then move up to 15 points and stay there until we're comfortable with the rules.

I've been designated "Terrain maker" for the group. Since this is going to be fairly casual, kitchen-table Warmahordes (does such a beast actually exist), is there anything I should no when creating terrain? I've read the Steamroller guidelines, but I come from a 15mm background, where the more terrain, the better.

What should I do to ensure terrain makes for a challenging (but fair) setup for those factions?
>>
>>44551266
Uh yes, my own attempt at being checky backfired. For some reason I though Astra had him at A rank
>>
File: 1421478597179.gif (1MB, 320x232px) Image search: [Google]
1421478597179.gif
1MB, 320x232px
>>44556487
I wouldn't mind team Astra bullshit too much if they actually contributed something of worth that isn't obvious.
>Cryx is good because it's Cryx.

WOW, glad to see that championship wisdom coming through.
>>
>>44556581
Cliffs Notes Version:

>YO DAWG. I HAVE RECURSION AND HAVE UNDERCOSTED INFANTRY. ALONGSIDE EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TOOL TO INSURE THEY DELIVER THEIR HOT STEAMY LOAD.
>AND IF THAT DON'T WORK I GOT MEANS TO MANUFACTURE A STEAMY LOAD DELIVERED RIGHT TO WHERE YOU DON'T WANT IT
>OH AND I CAN DO THIS IN MANY DIFFERENT WAYS

But like everything in life. I don't think I can properly explain it without telling you to play it.

The non meme-shit summary is pretty much. "I have so many attack vectors that you either were unable to defend against or I was able to manufacture."
>>
>>44557082
See, the shit I need from "champs" are wisdom that I've picked up from years of play. How to stagger units, put jack/beast force in triange/inverse triangle with 2 inches between depending on circumstances for pt trade potential. How to deploy on the fundamental level like determining where your tarpit infantry goes in relation to scenario, learning to choose your casualties, etc.
>>
>>44556263
Huh, my local rural meta is also 4 guys with the same factions.
>>
That one caster you always forget it's a caster in your faction.

You now have to play him, how do you win?

Also he/she will be JUDGING EVERY SINGLE PLAY YOU DO.
>>
>>44556263
Challenging but fair terrain?

Well, you want at least 2x forest templates, 2x hills, 3x walls.

Generally terrain setups are symmetrical.

F------W------H

---------W--------

H------W------F

You can also make stuff like ruins, or buildings.
>>
Which factions didn't get played at WMW last year?
>>
>>44559104
No, you shouldn't set up the board symmetrically Anon.

The point with the rolloff at the start of the game is you either get the advantage of going first, or you get the advantage of choosing the side that better suits you/doesn't suit your opponent.

You need to pick. Not L O L won the first dice roll got an advantage for the rest of the game.
>>
>>44558098

Oklahoma, Anon?

>>44559104

See, that looks like what I've read for the steamroller guidelines, but also looks really sparse to me. I understand the arguments against a lot of terrain (topheavy models, fiddly measuring, git gud, felt) but yeah, no. I figured 10-12 pieces, a mixture of what you suggested as well as some water, and maybe some dynamic terrain like the scenario tables at cons use.
>>
>>44546142

Because the meta has been figured out. There's not a lot to discuss.

There's no unit building, lore discussion or custom ideas to be had in Warmahordes, so the general doesn't have anywhere near the resiliency of things like Battletech and 40k.
>>
>>44549550

With infinity it's more that you have some strict requirements in what you need your list to do, but what models you choose to do that with isn't as important as long as they can do it
>>
Looking to start legion coming from skorne. Pucked up a couple things and was wondering what you guys thought of this Lylyth2 list:

Lylyth2
-Ravagore
-Ravagore
-Zuriel
-Naga
Croak Raiders
Croak Raiders
Min Pot
Shepard
Shepard
>>
>>44562939
From what I remember, Warmahordes lacks rules for destroying terrain features. Having high terrain density maps would be completely fine if you could destroy buildings, walls and forests simply by having a heavy or colossal beast/ jack stampede through it to create new paths.

The reason why most tables are sparse is because huge based models will have a really tough time being placed properly if there's a lot of stuff.
>>
>>44563237

I'm probably inviting trouble from the more competitive crowd, but couldn't you just use the "destroying structures" rules from prime, with a few tweaks? or (I'm not sure if it does or not) lift any rules for smashing terrain up from the IKRPG
>>
>>44545917
If you can get used to middling around awkwardly between Ret's supposed combined arms superiority, and their general inability to remove enough models during a Feat turn advantage to reliably survive past turn 3, you'll enjoy them.
>>
>>44546142
What's bothersome is that custom ideas usually get shat upon immediately, even with the disclaimer that they're only intended for casual fun.

Like that custom 'caster/'lock idea; it would be interesting to make it work, and balancing could come with play testing to iron out all of the broken combos, but it always gets trashed by the general without much reasonable discussion.
>>
Just about every model can be made to work effectively, but some combinations have such streamlined synergy that they're more efficient to use, sometimes objectively so.

What's bothersome to many players is how those synergies can make them feel cornered into using particular model combinations in a competitive environment.

It's entirely possible to build atypical, weird army lists that have competitive viability, but the learning curve to do so can be a turn off for players when they have tried and true net lists to parrot instead.
>>
>>44556263
Consider checking out some of the flat, neoprene (mouse pad material) terrain packs.

You can specify Warmachine/Hordes and get a bundle of the stuff that's sized appropriately for the model scale while not breaking your bank.
>>
>>44565166

I think it's insecurity on the fact that it may catch on and change the game that they spent so much time memorizing and learning. PP does listen to its players after all.

Our resident Tournament player was ragging on GuildBall for the longest time saying how it was unbalanced kickstarted shit and that it would never catch on.

Me and my group of friends tried it, loved it and told him to sod off. Now every time he asks us for a game we respond "I'm here for GuildBall!" Or "I already got a game lined up"

I really play GB/XWing more then WMH nowadays. Some more variety in how people play them.
>>
>>44558086
Yeah, that's something I would have appreciated, too.
Circle-jerking over stats and synergies gets old when discussions about model placement and scenario strategies exist.
>>
>>44559100
>Naaresh
>Spam Nihilators in Tier
>He tugs on his nipple blades and moans every time a Nihilator berserks onto a friendly model
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Four months ago i started with a battlebox and a devout. No i have finished my over 60 miniature army. Behold the glory of Menoth.
>>
>>44565549
Custom casters really don't work for this game.
there are too many factors at work and so many things are contextual. Who's the boss format illustrates nicely how different casters become depending on the faction.
>>
>>44565166

I'm completely fine with a seperate Casual format that has actual unit options and a custom caster maker along with some different rules.

Tournie format can still exist but there needs to be an EDH for warmahordes
>>
>>44563116

Yep that's about right

Sorry about the lack of commentary but yeah you've pretty much got the idea for lilly2
>>
>>44565635
I was talking more about the newer ideas in general.
>>
>>44565635

They could work just fine in a non competitive environment. Assigning points values to spells, stats and equipment and giving a budget for the caster isn't that revolutionary.
>>
>>44566007
Problem is how ridiculously difficult it is to assign point values. Do you think people are going keep spells like convection and pay points for it? Unearthly rage is a meh to a game breaker depending on faction how would the points be assigned then?
>>
>>44566699

Do people only min max characters in D&D? This is for a non competitive for fun format, if a dude is trying to really abuse it, why are you playing him?

Spells that are good in combination can still remain high cost of they're not useful alone, that's a basic of game theory
>>
>>44567807
Ok, first of all, that is not game theory.
secondly, the entire point of these custom builds are to get an optimal thing going, whatever it may be in terms of comp or actual success.
>>
>>44568110

>get an optimal thing going

>the point of a fun creative system is to min max the shit out of it

You know what, I hope you die with this game since you're what's killing it
>>
>>44566699
I would start by separating existing spells into categories: nukes, support, control, debuffs, stuff like that, and then poll the community to rank spells by their perceived strength in their respective categories.
Stronger spells would cost more and there could even be a limit as to how many nukes/support/debuffs or whatever a single caster can have.
As for stats and weapons, make stats and weapon POW start at 1 and then have the point cost for increasing them raise exponentially the higher they get, and have a maximum cap for those numbers (Max DEF 17, Max ARM 18, Max STR 10, etc etc).
Community poll for a pool of all the most generic, non-model-type specific Feats from each faction and allow the creator to choose from that pool.

That's where my brain goes with it. Release rules for free and let the community alpha, beta, and omega test it.
>>
>>44565677

http://novanomads.com/featofservice/casual-custom-caster-event-35pt/rules/

Something like this, but it requires access to the Spelldraft cards.

Does anyone happen to have those?
>>
File: 1426436679742.gif (165KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
1426436679742.gif
165KB, 500x288px
>>44568361
Right back at ya
>>
File: 31071_CommanderAdeptNemo_WEB.jpg (345KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
31071_CommanderAdeptNemo_WEB.jpg
345KB, 600x600px
Afternoon bump with glorious Nemo.
>>
>>44562971

This is kinda it.

The solved meta basically boils down to winning being either:

1) skew like a motherfucker
2) threaten assassination from downtown while skewing like a motherfucker
3) have an insane scenario feat

I'm hoping the new edition or errata comes soon and radically changes the viability of the various skews in game. I've played the game since the beginning of MK2, and one of the main draws for the game to me used to be that the typical list -- even competitive -- was fairly balanced and varied compared to stuff like 40k. This isn't true anymore; sure, part is just the game being solved over time, but that was pre-Bradigus (full disclosure: I play Bradigus), pre-MMM, pre-EE, pre-Fist.

Problem is the stuff that wins is not fun to play, and if good lists are not fun, WMH won't see growth as new players find little motivation to buy into the game to play against the skew and simon-says lists that win games.

Not that it's not competitive, unbeatable, or whatever -- I'm not complaining that it's overpowered, I'm complaining that it's unfun.

>>44546379

It's pretty balanced, the lists that balance out at the top tier tend to have relatively low variation within the list itself.

Basically, at the start of MK2, all of the original WM factions had about the same model count, and the Hordes factions all had about the same model count (but smaller than the WM factions due to them being newer), and Cryx shat on everyone. Since then, the releases have brought most factions up to par with Cryx without doing much to increase Cryx's overall power level. As a result, non-Cryx factions still have that list of models that let them get shit on by Cryx if they saw play, and newer, better models (note: newer does not necessarily mean better, but outside of Skorne weaker factions tend to get stronger releases), so a lot of the old stuff doesn't see the table.
>>
An errata is released tomorrow that reduce Reach range to 1" except for colossals who remain 2".

Does this change everything?
>>
File: 1419267730400.jpg (15KB, 452x581px) Image search: [Google]
1419267730400.jpg
15KB, 452x581px
>>44575354
No, it changes reach models
>>
>>44573335

Do you think there needs to be more alternate formats? I think there's a lot of potential there to shake things up and encourage both casuals and competitive players to try something new. You could also go about it in so many different ways.

>normal Warmachine with a living banned/restricted list
>break all units down into tiers and do tier based tournaments
>limited factions formats
>mono faction formats
>limited pool of 4-5 casters that you can use in any faction
>normal Warmachine with all league special units available
>singleton restriction on all models
>etc
>>
>>44575794
THey need better model releases.

Actual fucking side grades to expand the faction rather than give the same shit over and over again.
>>
>>44576246

I agree with you, but I was thinking of this more as a community thing sort of how EDH grew from a small local thing into a legitimate format in Magic.
>>
>>44576297
Problem with that comparison is that WM is not a game purely based around building yourself up.

EDH came from the desire to play the impractical big flashy shit. WM doesn't really have impractical flashy shit to make it work.

Theme forces were the closest thing but PP cocked that up pretty badly.
>>
>WM doesn't really have impractical flashy shit to make it work.

That's a silly argument for a game chock full of units that are really cool thematically but are unfortunately not good enough to justify running them.

Most jacks, battle engines, and colossals/gargantuans are big and flashy but impractical as hell.
>>
>>44576477
But you can deploy them whenever you want to.

EDH was made because muh CMC>6 cards

Warmachine even at the lowest 15 pts let you take a colossal. The game is not restrictive like magic is.
>>
File: a wild package appears.jpg (180KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
a wild package appears.jpg
180KB, 1032x581px
OMG look .. a wild pakcage appeared at my door!

what could it be?
>>
File: 1418953274778.png (71KB, 369x312px) Image search: [Google]
1418953274778.png
71KB, 369x312px
>>44576831
sigh... it's not a dragon dildo is it?

>mfw when it's throne of everblight
>>
>>44576831

Dragon dildos.
>>
File: 2.jpg (186KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
186KB, 1032x581px
>>44576866
>>44576863
taking a peek now..

I see a PP logo
>>
>>44576913
definitely not DD considering that it looks cryx
>>
>>44576863
>>mfw when it's throne of everblight
might as well be a dragon dildo .. wait woudn't it be a dragon fleshlight with tentacles?
>>
>>44576936
no hole at top.

It's got a mouth but I don't think teeth texture is that popular
>>
File: 3.jpg (281KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
281KB, 1032x581px
>>44576932
yep definetly cryx. This must be my cryxmas package...
>>
File: 4.jpg (284KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
284KB, 1032x581px
>>44576973
i think this leviathan will do alot of work with my mortenebra list.
>>
File: 5.jpg (301KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
301KB, 1032x581px
>>44577000
dub trips wasted.. or pointing out the truth?? (probably wasted)

damn my family got together and got me some stuff i defeintly needed w/o asking me.
>>
File: 6.jpg (314KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
314KB, 1032x581px
>>44577024
nice i needed a 2nd reaper
>>
File: 7.jpg (184KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
184KB, 1032x581px
>>44577048
overlord and scarlok commander
>>
>>44577048
Morty's fun!

How much other Cryx do you have and what other factions do you play?
>>
File: 8.jpg (307KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
307KB, 1032x581px
>>44577073
necro surgeon and overlords

>>44577079
>Morty's fun!
i defiently want to try mort out with deathjack and that leviathan and 3 helldivers..

>How much other Cryx do you have and what other factions do you play?

well i have 4 units of Statyx raiders and 1 unit of blood witches (for tier 4 fun with Skarre 2.) i have 1/2 a unit of mechanithralls (not counting new stuff) 2 units of bane thralls, 1 unit of bane knights, 2 units of bile thralls. 2 units of drudges, gaspy2 denny 1/2, skarre 1/2, goreshade 1, terminus.
>>
File: 9.jpg (283KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
283KB, 1032x581px
>>44577174
>>44577079
forgot to mention i also have faction wise:
skorne
Cygnar

i had protectorate but i sold most of that off. kept the skorne and cyngars. I really liked the way skorne played BUT felt so under powered fighitng some factions competetive wise.
>>
File: 10.jpg (391KB, 1032x581px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
391KB, 1032x581px
>>44577202
i really needed that ragman too nice

ooh this was in the mecanitrhall box. nice!
>>
>>44577229
and that about wraps up that box.. defiently my cryxmas presents from my family.

just noticed that one of the brute thralls is broken at the ankles... and one of the packs of overlords is missing the pointing arm. that's ok .. PP replacements go go. they're good about this stuff.
>>
>>44577079
i think this will be my mortenebra list

Mortenebra +4
Deryliss
Deathjack
Stalker
Stalker
deathripper
Leviathan (to get ranged shots to trigger overrdirve
reaper
reaper (see leviathan)
Helldiver
helldiver
Warwich siren
warwitch siren
Necrotech +scrapthrall (had 1 point to blow)
>>
>>44577079
my body and soul list..

Denny2
Deathjack
Nightmare
deathripper
Warwich siren
Warwich siren
ragman
Cephalyx mindslaver & Drudges
Cephalyx mindslaver & Drudges
Mechanithralls (min)
necrosurgeon & stich thralls
Necrosurgeon & Stich thralls
Cephalyx overlords
Cephalyx overlords
>>
>>44577079
Litch 2 list

Asphyxious 2
Helldiver
Deathripper
Bane lord Tartarus
Saxorn Orrik
Banethralls + UA
Bane knights
Mechanithralls (max) + scarlock commander
Stayxis blood witches (for removal of healing/tough)
Withershadow combine
Bile Thralls (min)
>>
>>44577079
pDenny list

pDenny
Skarloc thrall
Defiler
Pistol Wraith
Warwich siren
Lord Rockbottom
Master Gunner dougal Macnaile
Darragh Wrathe
Warwich Siren
Aikos Scourge of Meredius
Orin Midwinter
Withershadow combine
Cylena Raefyll & nyss hunters (max)
the devil's shadow mutineers
Soulhunters (max)
>>
>>44577322
Liking the Morty list. Combined arms with the Leviathan used to catch people off guard.

Lich2 looks like a standard build.

I like your Deneghra list. I always forget to bring range elements when I play her.
>>
>>44565614
You should be wracked for that color scheme...but good job all the same.
>>
>>44577229
What do the tokens say?

Are they corpses?
>>
File: kasatha.jpg (123KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
kasatha.jpg
123KB, 752x1063px
New to the game (getting into Warhammer first but Hordes looks cool too) and I'm curious about the factions.

Can someone give me a brief summary of each faction, their strengths/weaknesses, which ones are good for beginners? I really like the way Cryx, Khador, and Scyrah models look.
>>
>>44562939
Nah, Indiana
>>
>>44579233
There are no real "beginner" factions unless you are going very specific.

>Cryx str: High volume of one of the best infantry in the game. These infantry can be brought back usually. Warcasters are extremely powerful
>Cryx Weakness: Because your faction is so strong, every competent player has a list designed to counter yours. Almost no shooting available in the faction. Models can and will die in droves

>Khador Str: Very competant warcasters that can almost all end the fight themselves. Like Cryx, very good infantry spam, but actually incorporate more guns that aren't long or accurate, but powerful.
>Khador Weakness: ZERO warjack support. Khador army can't run jacks at all and is entirely reliant on it's infantry to carry you through. Lacks trickyness and relies on superior stats to carry through.

>Scyrah str: Good and varied guns that's designed to handle multitude of problems. Good at scalping out enemy pieces
>scyrah weakness: No durability. all infantry are single wounders with no access to tough currently. Their armors are low and defense isn't high enough to protect them. Has a very rock paper scissors kind of list comp where picking the wrong list against the enemy can result in a very one sided game.
>>
>>44579125
yea corpse tokens
>>
File: warmachinme alighnments.jpg (645KB, 2250x1800px) Image search: [Google]
warmachinme alighnments.jpg
645KB, 2250x1800px
>>44579233
this should help some
>>
>>44579233
Every faction can do a little bit of everything, but here are the three you like somewhat summarized:

Cryx
>Great infantry recursion options
>OK to good warjacks
>Fantastic spells that you can sling from so far away that most things can't reach you to retaliate

Khador
>Mostly shitty warjacks, but some of your character jacks are really good (don't ever try to run a lot of warjacks)
>Infantry is your bread and butter, from conscripts that earned the name Winterguard Death Star, to some difficult to remove elite troops
>Have access to the single most Maim! Burn! Kill! individual model in the game, and he's one of your casters, the Butcher

Retribution
>meh to OK warjacks, but several lists can reasonably run two to three heavies
>your most reliable options are your infantry, which, while fantastic at shooting and in melee, have victim stats and so they themselves are very vulnerable
>every caster except maybe two are so balanced that it hurts, and you'll practically never play a list that gives you the security of being able to make a series of fuck ups and still have enough of your stuff on the table to have a chance at a comeback.
>>
>>44565614
Oh God My Eyes.
I heartily congratulate you on your achievement, but holy cow.
>>
>>44575794

(I posted >>44573335, btw)

Honestly, what I want to see as a format is "FA:One-derful" - Everything that is not FA:C is FA:1, theme forces do not change this.

While it would radically alter balance between factions, I think the resulting game would be more fun (for both casual and serious players) and no less competitive and, honestly, lead to more interesting games.
>>
>>44565614
Protectorate!

Fuck Yeah!
>>
>>44575414

A half inch advantage isn't as crazy as a 1.5 inch advantage.

I personally think large and med base models should keep 2 inch reach while small bases get 1.
>>
>>44584705
>>44575354
I think a better way of doing it would just be to give non-reach melee attacks a 1" range.

On a similar note, do you think gargantuans would be played more if they all had a larger melee range? Say 3"?
>>
>>44586642
All Gargs should be Fury 5 and have their points cost reduced by 2
>>
>>44568471
I have them on my home computer, but the link to them seems to have been taken down.
I'll upload them here later on.
>>
Does anyone here want to buy some trolls? My meta stopped playing and so I'm trying to drop my second faction.
>>
>>44589500
E bay is your best friend probably
>>
>>44589500
try bartertownusa
>>
>>44584705

I would be down for this if they also remove base to base from the game.

It works cut down on awkwardly crammed together models because PP really likes figures that overhang their base.
>>
>>44588059
>>44568471
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-q3DotAJM3eaHFvUzlXdkFveG8/view?ths=true

hopefully that works
>>
>>44590194
Great, it worked!

Those are the rules for Spell Draft, fellas
>>
>>44590252

You are a Kommander and a gentleman.
>>
Sauce on the reach nerf?
>>
>>44591159
None. It's just been a long standing complaint.
>>
>>44591159
There hasn't been an errata yet (there should be this month or next or whatever), but nobody knows what will be in it.

Reach isn't changing, I can tell you that much for sure. Changing it to 1" would turn the game upside down. They wouldn't do that unless maybe they came out with Mk. III.
>>
back from work bump
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.