[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Navigator Quest 04

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 6

File: NQ-Op.jpg (89KB, 381x352px) Image search: [Google]
NQ-Op.jpg
89KB, 381x352px
“So, Senka, were those charts you traded for worth anything?”

You set down your fork and look over to Captain Hillbrant. In celebration of a “successful deal” with the Stryxis, he’s hosting an extravagant dinner for his officers. He’s broken out the good liquor (or so you’ve been told) and had the cooks prepare several delicacies. The former you’ve not touched yet, while the latter you’ve enjoyed thoroughly. Especially the Lobster Thermidor.

“Somewhat,” you reply back. “There’s two yet-to-be-claimed systems that might be worth visiting, and several webway gates on the way back to Footfall.”

“I’m all for planting the flag,” Hillbrant responds. “Especially if it turns out said systems actually have something of value in them. Any clues perchance?”

You nod. “One’s playing host to a massive nebula. And it’s got three planets orbiting a yellow star much like Sol.”

“And the other system?”

“A red giant playing host to two planets in perpendicular orbits to one another. Again, assuming the charts are correct.”

“It’ll be finnneee,” interjects Ruhr. He’s just on the other side of tipsy, based on how red his face is. “They’re not charts from the Eldar, so we won’t be flying right into a trap.”

“Yes, well, it never hurts to be cautious,” Hillbrant remarks. “Especially since either locale will involve another jump into the unknown.”

“Sooo? We’ve got Senka here.” Ruhr leans over and puts his arm on your shoulder. “She’ll do us right.”

You gently remove his hand from you, then reply, “Of course I will.”

Either some of your nervousness bled through inadvertently, or Ruhr is just the kind of drinker that likes getting everyone involved. “It’ll be finnnneeee. You should try some of this. It’ll calm your nerves…”

> cont
>>
Twitter: @ELHMk1
Normal Run Time(s): Tues/Thurs @ 7pm EST (GMT-5)
Archive Link:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Navigator%20Quest

Senka’s Character Sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h53V9xovaCGkwB1kkB26l6OBwahOGs22rsQe4sCA_M4/edit?usp=sharing

All rolls will go against a specified characteristic in the style of Rogue Trader. You’ll want to roll under the characteristic value in order to pass the check. The more degrees of success (every multiple of 10 counts as 1), the more awesome of a result. A 1 is a guaranteed success, and a 100 is a guaranteed failure. Best of three rolls when it’s called for, with a 1 or a 100 instantly taking precedence. If you see multiple characteristics being called for, each 1d100 counts for its respective test.

If you have any questions/etc, just shout.
>>
>>44489787

Ruhr shakes a bottle of wine back and forth. You’re the only officer present that hasn’t consumed any liquor. Even Marneus, the fat ball, has had some. More than some actually. Close to two full bottles on his own. Everyone else is in various states of disrepair. Hillbrant, Lion, and you are likely the only ones present capable of making responsible command decisions. Though you suppose technically the Tech Priests who aren’t here also fall into that category.

Another prompt from Ruhr snaps you back into the moment. You could just as easily say no as have a small glass to placate him. It might actually be better to have a little wine. From all your readings on Rogue Trading you know that sharing and consuming of liquor has always been a social tradition even on the most stringent of vessels. The only problem is that you’ve literally not had a single drop of liquor in your whole life. A small amount won’t probably won’t hurt, right?

> [1] Give in to peer pressure
> [2] Hold firm and sober
> [3] Let him pour you a glass, but don't actually drink it
> [4] Write in
>>
>>44489802
>> [1] Give in to peer pressure
WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG
>>
>>44489802
>> [3] Let him pour you a glass, but don't actually drink it
Let's take it slow, for now
>>
>>44489802
>Give in to peer pressure
Sure, it'll probably end poorly, but it's probably best to get the first experience out of the way asap.
>>
>>44489802
> [1] Give in to peer pressure
Just a small amount.
>>
[1] has it by a vote, back in a bit!
>>
>>44490006

I FEEL THE BOOZE OVERTAKING ME! IT IS A GOOD PAIN
>>
>>44489802

It’s just one glass. You’ll be fine. Hopefully.

“Fine, I’ll have some,” you say to Ruhr. “But only a little.”

“Ahhh that’s the spirit. Here…”

He procures a glass from somewhere and proceeds to pour you a generous amount. He and several others watch expectantly as you pick it up and swirl it around. You steel yourself, then bring the glass to your lips briefly. A small amount of the bubbly liquid slips into your mouth as a result. It’s an interesting taste, a smooth tart. Definitely not unpleasant.

Again aware of the fact you’re being watched, you comment, “Huh. Not half bad. Thanks.”

“Ahhh don’t mention it,” replies Ruhr. He then turns to the Captain and in nothing close to a whisper says, “I told you she would. Pay up, boss.”

Hillbrant rolls his eyes and reaches into his pockets. He produces several metal tokens, used as shipboard currency, and slides them over to Ruhr. “Don’t go spending it all in once place.”

You watch the transaction, unsure whether to be insulted or embarrassed. You settle on something in between as normal conversation resumes and you slip out of the limelight. You’ve mostly finished eating, so you concentrate mostly on making the glass of wine before you disappear. It does so quicker than you expected, but perhaps not a moment too soon.

“Mistress Senka…”

You turn to your right to see Spymaster Nelia. She must have replaced your neighbor when you weren’t paying attention. “Yes?” you ask.

She flashes a smile. “I thought you might want to know that there’s a small, but growing, group of parishioners that have taken to holding you up as the God Emperor’s vessel.”

> [1] Could you repeat that?
> [2] You’re flattered, but isn’t that heresy?
> [3] More people on your side is always a good thing
> [4] Write in
>>
>>44490213
>> [2] You’re flattered, but isn’t that heresy?
Also, how do the rest of the crew see us, then ?
>>
>>44490213
Weirdos.
>>
>>44490213
>> [2] You’re flattered, but isn’t that heresy?

I am pretty sure this is heresy, in fact it might even be double heresy.
>>
>>44490213
>>
>>44490213
>> [4] Write in
The navigators like Marneus and myself, or do you mean me in particular? Because I don't see what I've done to cause such worship. (last jump wasn't a huge success, afterall)
>>
>>44490213
> [2] You’re flattered, but isn’t that heresy?
>>
>>44490213

“Could you repeat that? Because it almost sounded like Heresy.”

“You’re not even a little bit flattered?” Nelia questions.

“Maybe a little,” you admit. “But we can’t have people thinking something I’m not. That’s the sort of mindset that ends up with religious conflict and possibly Inquisitorial intervention.”

Nelia shrugs. “Maybe. I simply found it amusing. They seem harmless for now. If they get out of hand I’ll see that they’re properly taken care of.”

A thought strikes you. “How do the rest of the crew view me anyways?”

“They’re largely ambivalent. Some resent you for the hiccups during the last jump, but not to the point where you need to worry about it. Hell, you could easily pass that blame off to your junior if you wanted to. The position of Navigator is mostly viewed as a nebulous position. It doesn’t matter who actually sits in the chair, just that someone is.”

“Makes me wonder why there’s some worshiping me then,” you observe.

You get another shrug in reply. “For the same reason we eject someone out an airlock prior to every jump. Superstition is a very important thing in this day and age.”

> [1] Have her stop the worshipers now
> [2] Ask her where they are. You’d like to talk to them in person
> [3] Let it go for the time being
>>
>>44490446
Wait what was that about an airlock?
>>
>>44490446
>> [3] Let it go for the time being

Eh, it surely wont cause too much trouble.
>>
>>44490446
>> [2] Ask her where they are. You’d like to talk to them in person
Hope captain don't see this as us trying to stage a mutiny

>we eject someone out an airlock prior to every jump
You know, I'm curious about how they choose the ejectee. Is there a lottery, is it a kind of capital punishment, or is it reserved to a special social caste, with "get the bosun" parties?
>>
>>44490446
Leave this to the professional instead of mucking it up ourselves.
>>
>>44490446

From the little you’ve interacted with Nelia, you’ve gotten the impression she’s more than capable of putting a stop to things that might jeopardize the operation of the Pearl. So you decide to let her handle the situation for now. But something she just said has you curious.

“When you say that you eject someone out an airlock every jump, am I correct in assuming that’s one of this vessel’s superstitions to ward off bad luck?”

“Indeed,” Nelia nods. “Lots are drawn among the crew in non-critical areas. They’re then given a void suit and a quick exit before we make the translation. Sometimes, for the important jumps, one of the missionaries aboard volunteers as tribute. That last jump, for example, was one such jump.”

It’s not the weirdest practice you’ve heard of. Between crew-wide floggings and the confiscation of any tokens of chance, it’s probably the most tame. You communicate as such to Nelia. “It’s good to know our Lord Captain has a relatively sane head about these matters. I’ve heard many a story about fervent captains doing more harm than good with their warding rituals.”

“Oh? Do tell.”

You then launch into a short monologue about stories you’ve heard of other vessel’s rituals. As you do whispers of dullness creep up behind your senses. Not enough to hinder you, but enough for you to notice.

> [1] Finish your story and then excuse yourself
> [2] Stay and keep telling stories so long as you have an audience
> [3] Reach for the bottle again and let it decide
> [4] Write in
>>
>>44490743
>>
>>44490743
>>
I'm an adult, I can stay up as long as I want to!

Also, happy new year HEL. And you too, anons.
>>
[2] it is then. Now since you're being social and all that it means there's more time/chances for the liquor to take hold. Less so than [3] but still there.

1d100 vs 30 (T) please
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>44490908
rolling for liver
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>44490908
rolling for hand-mouth coordination
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>44490908
Tzeentch sends his regards
>>
>>44490974
>>44490988
>>44490996

Yeah with a 7 you're fine. Back in a bit!
>>
>>44490743

You ignore the liquor settling in and carry on with your story. Nelia listens attentively, but you can tell she’s mostly just being polite. So you wrap up as quick as you can. “...and that’s why Grox turning bright, neon blue is said to be a good omen.”

“I see,” Nelia remarks. “I’ll have to have someone check our onboard farms more often for such signs. It could be they’ve been slaughtered or torched before anyone was the wiser. In any event…”

She stands and gives you a small dip of her head. “I really must be going. Try not to let Ruhr get you completely drunk.”

You go to show her your empty glass, only to find that someone’s refilled it. And by the time you look back to where Nelia was she’s gone. In her place is your neighbor, Astropath Keyes.

“Do you have a moment?” he asks.

“Of course, what is it?”

Keyes leans in conspiratorially. “Have you checked the Stryxis items yet?”

“No, just the charts. We were in a bit of a hurry to get out of there, after all.”

He grimaces. “True. The reason I ask, though, is because one of the Aether Blades is… different.”

You devote your full attention to him. “Different how?”

“Different in that I can see it clear as day, for one.”

That’s not good news. All astropaths are by definition blind, due to the soul-binding process they go through. They use witch sight to actually see. You’ve been told it’s like seeing through a haze. The only clear objects and people are those with psychic potential and/or that hold the taint of corruption. As far as you know, Aether Blades are neither.

> [1] Let’s go check together then
> [2] Inform the Captain
> [3] Have Keyes bring the blade here
> [4] Write in
>>
>>44491271
>> [1] Let’s go check together then
We got this.
>>
>>44491271
> [1] Let’s go check together then
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>44491271
>[1] Let’s go check together then
I want to see this for myself before we do anything rash.

also practice roll because I have no idea what I'm doing.
>>
>>44491271

You push back from the table and stand. “Let’s go double check it then, shall we?”

Keyes mimics your motion. The two of you leave the Officer’s Mess behind and head towards the prize vault. Similar in design to the Captain’s personal one, this vault holds all the booty and other such important items encountered during the Pearl’s travels. The four guards outside snap to attention as you approach, saluting you proper as you pass inside.

Inside, the wall are lined with all manner of strange and exotic weapons, armors, and gear. But what concerns you most is the small pile you “traded” for from the Stryxis. It’s yet to be properly sorted and stowed, currently splayed across two tables. The blade in question is off on its own. Even looking at you get the sense something’s wrong. It doesn’t resemble the other Aether weapons in the slightest.

> 2d100 vs 50 & 39
>>
Rolled 28, 4 = 32 (2d100)

>>44491468
Does our being drunk hurt this much?
>>
Rolled 40, 76 = 116 (2d100)

>>44491468
Gaze into the abyss, I guess.
>>
Rolled 68, 48 = 116 (2d100)

>>44491468
raollan over to a new year
>>
Rolled 19, 96 = 115 (2d100)

>>44491468
rolling for understanding of warp infused xenos weaponry
>>
>>44491468
how sauced is Senka?
>>
>>44491504
>>44491508
>>44491513

A 28 and a 4. Definitely passes. Back shortly!

>>44491504
Nah you passed earlier so no ill-effects from the liquor
>>
>>44491504
First roll best roll!
>feels good bro
>>
>>44491468

First you need to confirm Keyes’ findings. If he’s able to see it clearly than you should be able to do something similar with your Warp Eye. Sure enough, when you look you see that the edges of the blade are ablaze with psychic energies. Only the hilt’s “normal.” In fact the fact the hilt isn’t full of twisting tendrils reminds you of something from your archeotech studies. But could it really be?

You reach out and pick up the sword gingerly. Sure enough, when you do, the psychic energies align with your own and confirm your suspicion. This is a very ancient Force Sword, not an Aether Blade. There’s enough similarities in the construction that such a difference would be overlooked at first. Well, assuming the person doing the looking was sober, anyways. Keyes, for whatever reason, must have come down here after dinner and thus after drinking.

“Keyes,” you say, offering the sword out to him. “I think you’ll find this to be a Force Sword.”

“A Force Sword? But I know what those look like!” he objects, taking the blade. He gives it a few swings, then sets it back onto the table. “Well I’ll be damned. You’re right! But why did the Stryxis have it?”

You shrug. “Why do Xenos have anything? It’s a bit late now to ask, sadly.”

“I suppose so.” Keyes blushes, obviously embarrassed that he didn’t notice sooner. “Anything else I missed?”

You gaze over the pile and find nothing out of the ordinary. “Nope. Clean as a whistle.”

“Good… Good… Perhaps we’d best get back to the mess then.”

> [1] You go on ahead
> [2] Right behind you
> [3] Write in
>>
>>44491832
> [2] Right behind you
Also let's inform the captain of this development when we get there.
>>
>>44491832
>> [1] You go on ahead
Check the vault for a staff to remplace our own ; and get a look at all those other piles of treasures. That shit's pretty cool.
>>
>>44491832
> [2] Right behind you

And maybe the Captain lets Senka have that sword for whatever reasons she manages to conjure up.
>>
Rolled 78, 86 = 164 (2d100)

>>44491832
> [1] You go on ahead
I wanna stare at this archeotech a bit longer.
>>
>>44491832
> [1] You go on ahead
>>
>>44491832
>> [2] Right behind you
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

Well we're tied so I'll just go ahead and break it...
>>
>>44491832

“You go on ahead. I’ll see to it this stuff gets properly stowed. Besides, I might find something here to replace my staff.”

“Oh. Alright then.” Keyes stumbles back to the door, pauses, then adds, “Please don’t mention this to anyone else.”

“No harm done,” you reply. “Have fun back at dinner!”

He bows his head, then leaves you alone in the vault. There’s countless oddities in here, any number of which could replace your staff and then some. You’re not 100% sure, but you seem to recall that officers get first dibs on anything in here. Though for some of the more shiny things you’ll probably want to run it by the Captain first. After all, you’d hate to trample on the Warrant of Trade by taking something meant for the Mechanicus or the Ordo Xenos.

For the time being you’re eyeing a few items:

1 - A Chain Axe with gleaming mica-dragon teeth
2 - That Force Sword from the Stryxis
3 - A Ghostblade from Core Theta’s Magi

The question is - which to take, and when?

> [1] Chain Axe
> [2] Force Sword
> [3] Ghostblade
> [4] Wait until you’ve talked with the Captain about them
>>
>>44492229
>[4] Wait until you’ve talked with the Captain about them
Shouldn't take whats not ours to take
>>
>>44492229
> [4] Wait until you’ve talked with the Captain about them
None of them really feel like a staff replacement anyway, we really should be avoiding melee situations where we do anything but stare.
>>
>>44492229
>> [4] Wait until you’ve talked with the Captain about them
>>
>>44492229
>[4] Wait until you’ve talked with the Captain about them

We'll probably want the force sword, but that thing's really valuable, and this is assuming none of the other psychically inclined officers are significantly better at melee.

We'll probably need to let the explorator have a look at it too.

I don't recall what a Ghostblade is.
>>
>>44492229
>> [4] Wait until you’ve talked with the Captain about them
>>
File: Ghostblade.png (147KB, 380x179px) Image search: [Google]
Ghostblade.png
147KB, 380x179px
>>44492290
>>
>>44492276
Melee should be a last resort, especially as we're unarmored, but I'm pretty sure an archeotech force sword is a game changer if we do have to get down and dirty.

>>44492311
Thanks
>>
>>44492229
As tempting as everything is, you decide it’s best to wait until you’ve consulted Hillbrant. So for the time being you simply note where everything is and depart. The vault door gives a muffled whooshing noise as it shuts behind you. By your estimate dinner’s all but over at this point. The only reason to go back to the mess is to get more to drink. You’ve already filled that social obligation though, so you head towards your Sanctum instead. Once there you work with the ship’s libraries to try and get a head start on the two mystery systems. Working well into the night, you end up falling asleep without having come up with anything concrete.

“-enka. Report to my ready room please.”

The ship’s vox wakes you suddenly. It repeats its summons, beckoning you to Hillbrant’s side. You collect and make yourself presentable, then head towards the bridge. Shortly thereafter you’re before Hillbrant.

“So Senka,” he begins. “Which of the two systems do you think we should head for next?”

> [1] The Nebula one
> [2] The planets in weird orbits one
> [3] You’re merely the tool, not the decider
>>
>>44492433
>>
>>44492433
> [1] The Nebula one
>>
>>44492433
>[1] The Nebula one
>>
>>44492433
>> [3] You’re merely the tool, not the decider
>>
>>44492433
We lack intel to make an informed decision, and bad things can hide in nebulaes.
>>
>>44492433
Nebulae are scary
>>
[2] has it by a vote I think. Back shortly!
>>
>>44492433
>[1] The Nebula one
More planets means more chances for something valuable right?
>>
File: 768px-Crab_Nebula[1].jpg (174KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
768px-Crab_Nebula[1].jpg
174KB, 768x768px
>>44492587
A nebula is just a cloud of gases, not a cluster of planets.
It's also usually fucking beautiful.
>>
>>44492433

“Personally, I’m partial to the one with the weird orbits.”

“System XF-R7J it is then.” Hillbrant rises from his chair and walks out onto the bridge with you in tow. “I trust you’ve already divined whether or not we’re ready for the jump?”

“Yes and no. I know that it’ll take us about three days barring any trouble along the way. But as for whether we *should* jump now... That I’m not 100% on yet.”

“Well get to it then. I’ll have everyone get ready to go the moment you give the all clear.”

You bow your head and slink back to your Sanctum. It’s time to do your job. Starting with using your paintings to divine whether the auguries are favorable for safe translation into the Warp.

> 1d100 vs 50
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>44492697
rolling for art
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>44492697
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>44492697
Rolling

>>44492653
OP says the nebula one has 3 planets, the weird orbit one has 2. And yeah, nebulae are beautiful.
>>
>>44492747
Thank Emperor this is roll under
>>
>>44492719
>>44492726
>>44492747

Well with a roll of a 1 I'm inclined to skip ahead a bit in the Navigating process. Be back in a bit!
>>
File: seahorse[1].jpg (178KB, 1280x764px) Image search: [Google]
seahorse[1].jpg
178KB, 1280x764px
Dear emperor, please be kind to the poor crewman currently being thrown in the airlock.

>>44492747
Damn, you're right. I was looking at the previous thread description. My bad.
I always pictured the inside of the warp as a nebula. But with more lightning strikes and angry ghosts/demons.
>>
>>44492697

Your painting this time around is of a parted trench. It spans between two massive riverbanks, with walls of water full of gnashing teeth and hungry eyes. In the trench itself is a figure, leading a caravan of people to safety. A good sign overall, but one made all the more potent by the inclusion of the Astronomican. In the background of your painting, its golden light seems to sustain the trench against the raging waters.

Once you get situated into your chair, you ring up the Captain and let him know that all is ready. With a moist popping sound, the Brazen of Pearl transitions into the Warp. When you open your Warp Eye to observe your surroundings, you see that your earlier painting has come to life. Instead of your usual cityscape, you seem to be leading the Pearl by its nose along a path made safe by the God Emperor’s holy light. On either side of the path lies great peril, but you feel confident that guiding the Pearl through this trench will be easy.

> 1d100 vs 79 (49 + 30 for that 1)

>>44492887
It could very well be. The Warp is never one thing. It's always different to different observers.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>44492925
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>44492925
rolling for moses
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>44492925
>>
>>44492946
>>44492953
>>44492960

Oh yeah. You blow the test out of the water. Moses metaphors intensify. Back shortly
>>
>>44492946
>>44492953
>>44492960
ALL OF THEM END IN 2!!! AND IT'S 123!
>>
>>44493122
It's the Emperor himself guiding us to our destination. He must really want us to reach this system.
>>
File: Plasma Planet.jpg (76KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Plasma Planet.jpg
76KB, 1280x960px
>>44492925

Either due to your good fortune, or to the will of the God Emperor, leading the Pearl is far easier than you remember it being. It seems to soar at great speeds, never once wavering from your hold. The closest thing you can liken the experience to is traveling along a stable warp route near Terra. Even with untold horrors surrounding you, you feel safe and secure along your path. And since said path doesn’t swerve or turn you’re able to really pour on the speed. In fact, you end up arriving at your destination not after three days but three hours.

The transition out of the Warp is as smooth as entry was. You couldn’t ask for a more textbook jump from start to finish. A rare occurrence to be sure, but one you’re more than thankful for. As such you offer up several prayer to the God Emperor himself before turning your attention to the system you’ve arrived in.

As detailed in the charts, there’s two planets orbiting a red giant star at ninety degree angles from one another. The planet traveling horizontally is a dark blue, terrestrial one. Its surface is covered in sprawling plasma storms due to the red giant’s solar radiation. Not somewhere you’d want to visit outside of a void suit or sealed compound, but one that might hold untold mineral riches.

The second planet is far less interesting in comparison. Dry, rocky, and otherwise unremarkable, the desert-like world has a breathable atmosphere. Aside from that it’s rather barren. It might hold some untapped potential, it might not. Only a thorough scan will tell for sure.

Since you’ve arrived far ahead of schedule, you decide to…

> [1] Focus on making a chart for that route
> [2] Treat yourself to something down in the Mess
> [3] Stay in your chair for the time being
> [4] Write in
>>
>>44493267
With such a good journey we should try and record that in case we need it again.
>>
>>44493267
>Quick scan for other ships in the immediate vicinity
>Then map for the glory of our house

>>44493122
>IT'S 123
those rolls are getting worse all the time!
>>
>>44493267
>>
>>44493267
>[1] Focus on making a chart for that route
>>
[1] it is. Small question though - what are you going to name the system? If none come to mind I can just generate up one instead.
>>
>>44493403
Let's leave a family footprint and use the name of a family member.
>>
>>44493403
Name it after our Mum or Dad. Or our greatgrandpa who was actually good at navigating.
>>
>>44493435
>>44493454
I can work with that. Back in a bit!
>>
>>44493267

...play it safe and do a quick scan of your own to make sure there’s no other ships in the immediate vicinity. You do this by using your Warp Eye rather than the Pearl’s sensors, as the latter are currently in full use by the bridge crew. The end result is that you’re given a top-down perspective of the system, centered upon the Pearl itself. If there are any ships out there they’re hiding remarkably well in the void. There’s not a single obstacle between you and the planets.

Satisfied that you can safely leave your chair behind, you disconnect from the Pearl’s Machine Spirit and set about charting the route you just took. You make sure to put on some extra polish due to the stable nature of the route, and you name the system after your grandmother, Kayleigh. The latter of which is accepted when you pass it onto the bridge and the Captain. Or, at least, no one seems to come up with a better name for the time being.

With your chart done and squared away, you’ve got plenty of time to kill while the Pearl motors to be within range of the two planets. It’ll probably take close to a day unless the Captain really opens her up. So you…

> [1] Return to your quarters and get some rest
> [2] Reconnect to your chair and help out the bridge crew some
> [3] Treat yourself to something in the Mess
> [4] Write in
>>
>>44493594
We haven't got a proper sleep in a bed for a day or so.
>>
>>44493594
>[1] Return to your quarters and get some rest
>>
>>44493594
>>
>>44493594
>[4] Write in
Talk to Keyes about the force sword, we should get that sorted out.
>>
>>44493594

As with all of your other jumps to date, you decide it’s best to get some actual rest in a real bed. Your Sanctum’s chair does many things, but it can only approximate the benefits of natural sleep. And the last thing you want to do is get addicted to staying in the chair this early in your career. So off you go to your quarters.

Some eight hours later you awake refreshed and alert. A quick check with the bridge tells you that you’re still another six hours out before any landing parties can start taking place. But right before you can resume relaxing there’s a knock on your door.

“Senka? It’s Keyes. I’ve got a message here for you.”

“Let him in,” you shout to Yen and Yang. Seconds later the door opens and Keyes steps inside. He offers out an envelope bearing the seal of your house.

“Just came in. Thought you’d want to know right away.”

You reach out and take the envelope, turning it over in your hands. The actual message isn’t contained within. Rather, the symbol of your house and codes inside will allow you to decrypt a portion of the astropathic data that Keyes’ choir has collected. It’s about as secure as you can get with psychic messages literally sung between the stars.

“Thanks,” you say, bowing your head slightly.

“It’s I who should be thanking you,” retorts Keyes. “Had you mentioned my little weapon mix-up to anyone I’d be a laughing stock right now. And likely cut off from the booze.”

> [1] Maybe that’d be a good thing, no booze
> [2] Consider the favor repaid then
> [3] Speaking of… did you want it?
> [4] Write in
>>
>>44493837
>>
>>44493837
> [1] Maybe that’d be a good thing, no booze
>>
>>44493837
>> [2] Consider the favor repaid then
>>
>>44493837
Can navigators even use force weapons? It requires a psy rating and as far as i know navigators don't have that.
>>
>>44493949
Technically no but I'd allow it.
>>
>>44493837
>[3] Speaking of… did you want it?

>>44493961
I sort of assumed you'd houserule it
>>
>>44493837

“Speaking of which… did you want it?” you ask.

“What? The sword?” Keyes looks at you confused. “Why would I want the sword?”

You tilt your head, mirroring his tone. “Well because you’re one of the few on the ship who can actually use it.”

“Ah, but I’ve never yet been in a position where I’ve needed such a weapon. I very rarely leave the ship, let alone the upper decks. That’s what underlings are for. They get their hands dirty for me.”

He’s not wrong. But he’s also inadvertently implied your incursions are “dirty work.” For the time being, you let it slide.

“Right. Then perhaps Darell might like it?”

“Perhaps. I can certainly ask the next time I see him.”

“Please do. Otherwise I might ask the Captain if I can take it.”

Keyes lets out a small huff, then bows his head. “As you wish. If you need to reply to that message just send it via the usual channels to my choir.”

He then excuses himself and leaves you with your family’s message in hand. When you actually decode it, it’s a fairly short one:

“Senka, we heard about your time on the Brass Sliver. They’ve extended their thanks to the family and we’re currently in negotiations with them. How are things on the Brazen of Pearl?”

> GM Note: Brass Sliver is the transport vessel you dealt with in session 1
> [1] No complaints
> [2] Go for detail
> [3] Things could be better
> [4] Write in
>>
>>44494165
> [2] Go for detail
>>
>>44494165
>[1] No complaints
>>
>>44494165
>> [1] No complaints
>>
Alright so as much as I hate to call sessions early, I'm going to have to on account of a migraine that's been creeping up on me. I'd much rather work fresh than give you all half-assed efforts. I'll let you all know on Twitter when we'll pick back up. Have a good New Year and all that.
>>
>>44494165
>[4] Write in
Started well, gets better each day
>>
>>44494310
Ok, thanks for running HEL. Have a good new year yourself.
>>
>>44494310
Go consume some pharmaceuticals and take a nap.
>>
>>44494310

Thanks for the run, boss.
>>
Just caught up after waking up from NYE funs, thanks for running HEL.

I really hope we get that force sword and learn to use it with out powers in some way, that would be bitching, and we do need a replacement for our staff, Darrel didn't give up a weapons for the trade so we should get it.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.