[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hail and Kill thread #4 - Already got Chargen edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

File: hail and kill.jpg (127KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hail and kill.jpg
127KB, 600x600px
Now I can post again, let's do this.
For those who don't know, Hail and Kill is back. Link to the 1d4chan page for those who don't know what it is: http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Hail_and_Kill
Link to the Google Doc with the new rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ScyqZ6GogGRKucHhxkCxk7xHPpeW2xNU9kAmqBlJYEE/edit (Sorry about any editing errors/the shit formatting, I'm no writefag)
Obligatory thread theme tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty0PBp1E4NU
>>
So, stuff we need to do that could be done this thread:
>More weapon stats, though we can go on what we already have if necessary
>More fluff
>More backgrounds
>Ideas on what psychic disciplines we can give to which characters, and what to do with the alignment system
>More sample characters
>Monster stats
>>
Wuhp , looks like i know what i'll be doing for the day.
>>
So while i'm totally infamiliar with this, tzhe concept has me intrigued.
I shall read up on it.
For now can you tell me of the alignment system?
the first thing that came to my mind was somthing allong the lines of:
melodic -> brütal and
symphonic -> impovized
>>
>>38082798
>Alignment Systems
pffft
>>
>>38082798
I don't think we need one.
>>
>>38082949
Well, it is the only thing i think i can provide a usefull input on, without to much digging into the system, and it was on the list of stuff to figure out...
>>38083000
I'm perfectily fine with not having one, it was just the first thing that cought my eye.
May i ask why not?
>>
>>38083034
In my personal opinion, because they restrict roleplay by enforcing binary morality on the players.
>>
>>38083034
It's not necessary and the idea of alignment systems is a little outdated. It works in D&D because there are several items and spells that are directly related to one's alignment. With the system we're using, I don't see it being necessary.
>>
>>38083034
>>38083060
Also, by the alignment system, I meant the one from Black Crusade. We're basing our magic system off of its one, you see, but we can't tell what to do with the Chaos God alignment powers short of dumping them, which I think would be a shame.
>>
>>38083060
Only if they are done poorly.
>>38083091
Having items that require you to follow certain guidlines to "bond" with your character still seem like a good idea to me, though they do not require an alignment per se.
>>38083095
Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.
I appologize for my ignorance.
>>
>>38083159
That's valid. There might be room to discuss the "nature" of one's character, but not the 3x3 chart, as iconic as it may be.
>>
>>38083095
hmmm...
the thread-links on the wiki appear to be broken
and the description of the gods isn't that in-depth.
so no idea wich ones could offer chaos-god-like allignments, the ones around the white god seem most promissing though.
>>
>>38083442
We weren't thinking of basing it around which god your character worships. I initially thought genres might work, but apparently we're trying to minimise overt musical references.
>>
>>38082220
check out malmsturm. its german but perhaps you can use something http://malmsturm de/malmsturm/
>>
>>38083495
that's hard then.
>>
>>38083704
I personally have no issues with the idea of powers based on genre, but some people in the threads expressed distaste, so that's not happening, I guess.
>>
>>38082581
So what would these psychic disciplines be exactly anyway?
>>
>>38083921
I was just thinking we could group them by effect or something. Damage, buff, debuff, etc.
>>
>>38083921
Look in the Black Crusade core rulebook, and in the Black Crusade Tome of Fate. Those are where we're getting our spells from. We're trying to give the flashier, more offensive disciplines to the Bards while keeping the more utility-based disciplines for the Wizards. Unfortunately, three out of the ten available disciplines (Undivided, Exalted, Telepathy, Divination, Telekinesis, Biomancy, Pyromancy, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Nurgle) are linked to BC's Alignment system, which we don't have, and the Exalted and Undivided disciplines partially are as well.
>>
Buuuuut that also leaves the question of how do we differentiate music magic with conventional magic.
>>
>>38084026
Give the different groupings to the different casters?
>>
>>38084026
>how do we differentiate music magic with conventional magic.
That is indeed a good question.
My first thought was that music magic is closer to the primal force of whatever fuels the magic,
and conventional magic is a more scientific approach, somewhat less powerfull but easier to control.But that doesn't seem to fit right with me.
>>
>>38084226
Then couldn't we represent it by making wizards use the Bound psychic strength from BC, and make bards Unbound?
>>
>>38084275
Too my endless shame i don't own a Black Crusade rulebook and have no idea what that means.
>>
>>38084409
I'd recommend checking Pirate Bay, in that case.
>>
>>38084510
Nah i'd rather get a physical copie
>>
So, bestiary. Should we start working on that?
>>
>>38084953
Might as well.
So from what i gathered no metal beasts a lá Brütal Legend?
>>
>>38085057
We can include creatures STYLED off of metal, there's no problems with that. I see no problem why we shouldn't have gigantic cats with spiked legs who breathe fire. If you mean literal metal animals, those are the Chromeborn.
>>
>>38085124
>Chromeborn
?
>>
>>38085134
Organic machines, born naturally made of metal. As opposed to the Tainted, who were living creatures corrupted by Antikytherion, the Daemonium Ex Machina, and turned into monstrous cyborgs.
>>
>>38085186
ah cool, but yes those where the kind of things i meant.
>>
File: chromeborn.jpg (179KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
chromeborn.jpg
179KB, 1024x1024px
>>38085244
Well, we have those. They tend to range from rare animals like the Iron Stallions - half horse, half motorbike - to unique, legendary creatures like the Angel of Retribution, in whose name the Painkiller Order was founded. (Pic related.)
>>
>>38085349
Neat, any fluff on how they live, reproduce or come to be?
>>
>>38084026
Why should we have magic tha tis not musci magic?

Need to heal? SIng a lullaby
Need to cast a lighting bolt? sing metal.
>>
>>38085584
Because that's how other anons wanted it done.
>>38085446
I thought of having them be creations of the Old Gods, songs brought to life and given flesh to fight in their name. Essentially, they're metal elementals.
>>
>>38085826

Wizards should really be bards. Guitar discipline, with different effects based on how you tune your guitar. Bass discipline, Drum, Vocals etc... It seems like this is tuning in to just a D&D clone with metal undertones and that's a shame, metal should be the overtone!
>>
>>38085923
Imo there should be 3 types of Song users:
Bards: Wielders of magic instruments, but still mostly musicians and story tellers, schollars of lore, channeling their emotions in their magic.
Musical-Wizards:Wielders of magic instruments, but mostly dedicated to the Study of Magic, with little interest in the more mundane applience of music.
And the others that forego the use of instuments in favor of wands and stuff,
Will most likely have their manhood questioned when interacting with the other two kinds.
>>
>>38086092

I like that, wizards are rare, bards/musical-wizards(maybe call them shredders?) are common.
>>
>>38086190
I don't know and commonness, but conventional magic could be more stable than music. I've got a guy who used weed magic under Divination.
>>
>>38086464
the fun kind of weed?
>>
>>38086517
Yessir
>>
So, are we just going to make all magic song-based? I'm cool with that. Maybe the more traditionally 'psychic' psychic disciplines (divination, telepathy and telekinesis) can be done without an instrument, though. A large amount of their application was you could sense people's thoughts but they couldn't tell. They're subtle. Going into a guitar solo in the middle of a conversation so you can read somebody's thoughts isn't.
>>
>>38086607
playing a magical instument dosn't have to make a sound that mortals can hear right?
>>
>>38086650
Then you're just standing there silently playing a guitar. Yes, that's way more subtle.
>>
>>38086683
i was thinking more in the lines of a pocket harp or keyboard, or something even more alien than a theremin, but then it might as well be a wand or a runic skull or whatever.
>>
>>38086768
At that point, it's not metal, which kind of goes against the point of the setting.
>>
Yes, we're keeping both forms of magic.
>>
>>38086787
yeah i guess so, though i am of the opinion that if van canto can make metal with nothing but singing and a drumkit denizens of a metal univers can make metal with pretty much anything.
Anyway, i say keep "normal" magic but make most ppl frown upon it.
>>
>>38086922
I was thinking regular wizards could be like viziers and druid recluses.
>>
>>38086826
>>38086960
I'd say both types of magic come from the same source, a universal force known as the Verse. The Verse can be channeled through the body (the Channeling skill) through carefully performed rituals and incatations (the Sagecraft skill) or simply by replicating patterns in the verse on an instrument (all the Music skills). Sagecraft is a safer way of channeling the verse, but using music has a lot more possible usages.
>>
So, what are we going to do about distributing spells/psychic powers/solos/whatever?
>>
Currently thinking of reformatting our crunch by editing links to it into the 1d4chan page, and then separating it out into a doc for attributes, a general chargen doc, a doc for characters, a doc for weapons, etc. Does this sound like a good plan?
>>
>>38089085
could use a bit of clean up yes.
>>
NEW VERSION OF THE INFORMATION DOC:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wkzr4bEd4NLFN-lPjfi546L6RS-Q0lahBxL8WmxYkFg/edit
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wkzr4bEd4NLFN-lPjfi546L6RS-Q0lahBxL8WmxYkFg/edit?usp=sharing
And now, the link you can actually use.
>>
We need to start archiving these threads.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.