[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Giant Civ Quest Part 4: What was that scratching sound?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 394
Thread images: 6

File: Hill Giant.jpg (120KB, 1000x778px) Image search: [Google]
Hill Giant.jpg
120KB, 1000x778px
Fall is coming to a close, and as the days grow shorter and the nights longer the freezing rain falls almost constantly. Its been several weeks since The Green was last seen betwixt the mountainsides and your tribe finally finishes bringing all the livestock back inside.

Your watchman yells back towards your cave one early afternoon, the Homonculi are coming again, several dozen humans in a trail behind them.

Welcome back, to Giants On Ice!
>>
>>37376005
Current Season: Fall
Temperature: Comfortable(5/10)
Population: 11 Giants
Food: Bursting (Consume 22 Units of food per turn) 380 Mammoth Meat
Livestock: 7 Mammoth Sows, 1 Mammoth Bull
Leader: Elder Grulin
Characters of Note: Mjolski the Boisterous Bard, Rukova the Dread-Witch, Jyoti Iceblood, Chtol Frostwalker THE CHILD
Structures: Ice Quartz Mining, 1 Watch-House, 1 Small Storehouse (3 Giant Capacity) Deep Cave (20 Giant Capacity)
Technology: Food Preservation, Basic Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Ice Crystal harvesting, Basic Herbalism, Basic Smithing, Lobster Traps, Carpentry
Diplomacy: Southern Homunculi
Morale: Good (6/10)
Frost Spells:Moderate attuned
>Icy Veins - Enchant the caster, making their blood as ice and granting massive resistance to all forms of physical harm.
>Flash Freeze - Turn a small amount of fluid into its natural frozen state. Will melt normally
Necromancy Spells:Moderate Attuned
>Reanimate flesh (Turns rotten materials back into fresh usable materials)
>Life Binding - When cast on a complete corpse will be reanimated to life, corpse will lack any initiative or skill. Drains heavily on caster.
>SoulBind - Bind a souls energy to a fetish, this process takes some time and kills the original host
Weapons: 3 Hardwood Clubs, 9 Large Ice Quartz Axes, 24 Ice Quartz Spears, 1 Soulspear
Stockpile: 12 Barrels of Homonculi mead, Ragged Wheet Seeds, 2 Giant Skeletons, 40 Hardwood, 2 Trollfat, 3 Troll bile, 1 troll pelt, 6 Mammoth hide tunics
Landmarks: Deep Cave, Mossy Cavern, Ice Quartz Cavern, Death Altar

Current Actions: 2 Actions Per Turn
>A. Scout (Impossible)
>B. Gather Food
>C. Gather Trade Good
>D. Build Structure (1d4 for build time)
>E. Research Technology (Takes 1d6 actions over time)
>F. Research Magic (Need at least 3 mages of same attument to advance)
>G. Engage in Diplomacy
>H. Other

Roll a d100 for each action you choose
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>37376021
Mammoth hunt, gotta get those food stores up
>>
Rolled 19, 87 = 106 (2d100)

>>37376005
Welcome back Slow CM.
>>37376021
We really need to focus on our tech/construction/metalwork while dealing with the assorted outside possible threats and dealing with winter. For now.

G. Diplomacy, see what the Homonculi want.
B. Gather Food, better to have more than less with winter right around the corner.
>>
Prepare for the homos, enchant troll skin, get some noms any and all of this
>>
>>37376058
>>37376061
Your hunters go out into the plains, while the herds might be departing there is no time to let up. Unfortunately the only game left in the valley are the sick and dying. Your scouts only bring back the later. (+20 food)
The Homonculi come deeper into your territory than before, they stride with a confidant grace. Their serfs are much less confident, surrounded as they are by giants. Elder Grulin meets them by the Deep Cave.
"Hello again, Tall Ones! We have come with tidings of winter. Since your kind is still new to these lands we would like to offer something to keep you through this harsh time." Waving forwards a few humans carrying large baskets they open them to reveal loafs of bread and some fruits. "We have had a plentiful harvest and would like to share our good fortune with you."
>Speak
>Send them away without taking their offering
>Thank them, offer something in return
>Other
>>
>>37376154
Thank them and offer a mammoth hide or some ice quartz if they are interested. Ask about the humans.
>>
Not ice quartz its our secret weapon, these homos seem too friendly to me
>>
>>37376211
Maybe they're just built that way, but I agree in general. There isn't a whole lot we have to offer, but I think a mammoth hide would do ok.
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>37376154
>>37376183
>Speak

Ho smallkin, we wish to ask of the tools you use to farm the land the secret to making the mead you have so graciously given us. Is there anything you can teach us?
>>
Whoops, I am here
>>
Holy shit there isnt a lot of love for the giants right now. If the thread stays like this we can try again later. Just a heads up.
"Thank you, friends. We do not have much in a way to offer our thanks, save some furs." Your people bring out a giant roll of brown mammoth fur, it takes several humans to carry it.
"I cant help but wonder, how did you come across these humans? Seems strange for you to lead something other than your own race."
The homonculi smile, its not the most pleasant thing for them to do. "We came across these humans many years ago, lost in these wastes. We took them in and taught them how to work the land and build homes. In turn they help care for our lands and protect us from harm." One of the humans whispers to them. The homunculi all nod together. "We must depart, it grows dark and out serfs do not fair well in the cold." With that they leave, thanking you for the massive fur you gave them.
>>
>>37376279
>Winter next turn.
The rain turns to snow, the plants are all dying, the rivers so full of crab freeze over and the sun hides behind the mountains all day, leaving the hours of day steeped in shadow. Being out in this weather can be harmful. Be advised.

Current Season: Fall
Temp:4/10
Pop: 11 Giants
Food: 8 turns
Lifestock: 7 sows, 1 bull (Mammoths)
Morale:6/10
Stockpile: 12 Barrels of Homonculi mead, Ragged Wheet Seeds, 2 Giant Skeletons, 40 Hardwood, 2 Trollfat, 3 Troll bile, 1 troll pelt, 6 Mammoth hide tunics

>A. Scout (Impossible)
>B. Gather Food
>C. Gather Trade Good
>D. Build Structure (1d4 for buildtime)
>G. Engage in Diplomacy(Impossible)
>H. Other
>>
I'm getting ready to leave, got shit to do, maybe start it up around 6-7 I'll be back.
Also research we need to get out of the stone age
>>
>>37376273
Good to see ya here!
>>
I've lurked the last few days, decided to get in on this thread cause it looks fun as shit
>>
Rolled 69, 7 = 76 (2d100)

>>37376318
Stay inside

Begin mining deeper into the cave with ice quartz
Start researching something, maybe masonry.
>>
>>37376351
Thanks for showing up!
I plan on running this thread as long as I can or til everyone dies. See you later!
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>37376373
I'll second Mining and Researching Masonry.
(research time roll)
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>37376318
Try Ice Quartz mining.

So Jyoti is going to take a shard of Ice Quartz, cut his finger with a regular knife or stone and then drip his blood onto the shard to observe the reaction. You keep freaking me out with this stuff man
>>
Changing my name cause RP makes it more fun, Vignar Stormbrow
>>
>>37376408
Also your name....

I'm very trustworthy ;_;
>>
>>37376422
Its from when the homoculli were coming
>>
>>37376408
(dammit i wanna do this too. Valtyr Strongarm)
>>
>>37376373
>>37376395
>>37376397
Ice quartz mining is hellishly slow and leaves little to now stone left thats useful in size but, your giants persist and even get a little reckless in their mining, Placing larger shards of Ice Quartz into the cracks and pouring handfuls of water over them they finally manage to find what looks to be Iron! (Weak Iron Vein found!)
You instruct a few of your giants to start learning the intricacies of masonry, with some fortune they still remember a bit of it from home. Making one last journey out to the mudlands they grab several scoops of clay from the waterlines.

Winter is here, in all its terrible glory. The heavy Hardwood door to the cave is shut tight and a steady pillar of snow falls from the hole in the roof. Your giants get a fire going in the firepit and prepare.

Current Season: Winter
Temp:3/10
Food: 7 turns

Current Actions: 1 Actions Per Turn (3 turns til Masonry)
>A. Scout (Impossible)
>B. Gather Food
>C. Gather Trade Good
>H. Other

>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>37376493
How high up is the hole in the cave?

Mine iron.
>>
>>37376493
Start collecting mammoth dung for fuel, give everyone extra skfins and keep that fire going!
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>37376493
Adding roll to mining

I suggest magic research, either ice or Death now that the mystics are sealed inside.

After Masonry is done of course.
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>37376493
Gather dung, mine iron,
, train more mages?
>>
>>37376514
Its several giants too tall to reach, as of now its serving as an air-hole for your people. The Cavern is fucking massive, mind.
>>
>>37376538
Put my roll towards mining
>>
I'm out giantbros, hopefully its still rolling around 6
>>
>>37376538
>>37376514
>>37376535

Your miners manage to skip a few shards of Ice Quartz into the Iron Veins and with a little bit of provoking, crack it free from the stone. Everyone is rather excited!
Unfortunately while being a little too exuberant in their use of the Ice Quartz, one of your giants finds out the mystery of when the Quartz cuts into flesh.
With a roar of pain and surprise the quartz erupts from his hand, tearing from under his skin in perfect, crystalline angles. There is no blood. One of your giants has lost their arm.
>>
>>37376610
Welp, that sucks
>>
>>37376610
Goddamnit, I knew it.

I WARNED YOU ALL

at least we know we have some pretty nasty weapons.
>>
>>37376610

The hellish winter makes time telling impossible. Your younger giants are already getting a little stir-crazy.
>The giant watching the door has requested another roll. He refuses to explain why and adamantly refuses to return to his post. Another is sent in his place

Temp:2/10
Food: 6 turns

Current Actions: 1 Actions Per Turn (3 turns til Masonry)
>A. Scout (Impossible)
>B. Gather Food
>C. Gather Trade Good
>H. Other

>>
>>37376610
Well, we'll need to use the iron we managed to get to make a tool to get more. Poor Snorri One-arm.
>>
>>37376640
Expand our Moss Cave. Moss sucks but its food
>>
>>37376632
And one armless giant, get the mages working on some kind of replacement or this motherfucker is useless. Maybe combine some necro/frost to make a working arm for him (its magic i aint got to explain shit)
>>
>>37376610
Holy shit I was right about those things they literally freeze the blood to make more icequartz!

These are gonna be nightmares against living enemies if they pierce armor. Also useless for hunting unless you like ice slushies of meat.
>>
File: Map for the Long Dark.png (21KB, 999x555px) Image search: [Google]
Map for the Long Dark.png
21KB, 999x555px
>Expand Moss Cave
>Try and craft an iron tool
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>37376664
and 2 turns until masonry right?

>>37376665
I like this idea. We could use the bones of one of previous dead, graft him a skeletal arm of ice and necrotic magic. I dunno.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d100)

>>37376664
Seconding using herbalism/agriculture to cultivate the moss more.

Also, that giant is feeding something, we should keep an eye out.
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>37376640
OH GOD SOMETHINGS AT THE DOOR THIS IS HORRIBLE. MAKE SURE PEOPLE ARE ON THEIR GUARD.

More mining but stay away from the ice quatz, just use our frost mage and water to break it and fashion some hammers from the rock
>>
>>37376683
aouegtausjdklc

Ok then...I dunno, someone think of something. I just thought of letting the moss grow even further.

Rukova, regenerate that troll pelt. Time to get this self-regenerating flesh farm going
>>
>>37376640
We need to research making mammoth hide into coats, hats, scarves and the like, we yet need the warmth.
>>
>>37376683
we gonna die, I'm afraid
>>
Expanding the Moss Cave is almost laughably easy. Taking a mammoth skin and using it to carry water your giants manage to flood the cavern further, the moss grows over the new water in a matter of days. (Moss cavern now gives 10 food per turn, enough for 5 giants)
>>
>>37376714
Pretty sure we already have mammoth hide coats and shoes and stuff.
>>
>>37376728
Well its a somewhat dangerous plan but its our best bet. the outside we learned the hardway is a death wish this time of year. Maybe we should add a second chamber and expand it as well?

I'm full survival hobo mode we can feast on meat when the spring comes.
>>
>The giant watching the cave door seems more distraught than before. He continues to request longer breaks from guard, "Nothing is going to come in this cold, nothing can live out there."

Temp:1/10
Food: 5 turns

Current Actions: 1 Actions Per Turn (1 turns til Masonry)
>A. Scout (Impossible)
>B. Gather Food
>C. Gather Trade Good
>H. Other

>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>37376772
Investigate the giant guarding the door.
>>
>>37376762
The thing to note is that the clothing we make is designed for MUCH warmer climates. we never researched any proper cold weather gear that can survive "ITS COLD AS FUCK" levels. even then you'd only get maybe an hour outside at these temps

We could do that after masonry is done as research.
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>37376772
>Diplomacy check on the distraught giant

(can I takeover that armless guy CM?)
>>
>>37376772
Spare two people at a time for guarding the door.

I call dibs for research next turn. Best time for studying ice magic is when the whole world is "Fuck it's cold!"
>>
>>37376801
Go for it.
The giant on door duty is clearly worse for wear, rings under his bloodshot eyes and beard disheveled. When asked what the problem is he babbles something about a song outside the door, or something calling him, its hard to tell. Your send him to your Mystics to get looked over and post two Giants at the door. Hoping some companionship will keep them from going mad.
>Your giants have learned how to carve crude vessals from stone using Ice quartz and stones.

Temp:1/10

>A. Scout (Impossible)
>B. Gather Food
>C. Gather Trade Good
>H. Other

>>
>>37376813
We're already pretty decent with it and its not a magic button to deal with the cold. I remember that from the Q&A session in "Slow CM Is a Scumlord"

We want mystical bullshit powers we need to build up to it with reading, writing, and all the other fun things needed for a proper magic lab. And even then we run the risk of accidentally an iceage INSIDE the caves.
>>
>>37376854
>D. Another moss farm pls
If we get the vote for it I'll roll
>>
Rolled 82, 58 = 140 (2d100)

>>37376854
Put more work into the mossfarm, maybe throw some dung into it to.

If possible magically graft a new arm for me
>>
Rolled 4 (1d6)

>>37376854
Research basic metalworking with what iron we have.

Expand the firepit to work as a forge.
>>
>>37376887
I don't think we have nearly good enough magic to that right now, sadly.
>>
>>37376861
You're no fun.

And yes I know that. I was there for that thread too. He even said winter was the time for research.
>>
>>37376906
All in good time then. I throw action number two over to iron like >>37376899 said
>>
>>37376899
Remember you'll be using our precious firewood supply to make the charcoal for that forge's heating.

I'd rather focus on expanding the mossfarm enough to feed the tribe. even if it tastes like shit its better then starving to death. after we sort the food problems out we can work on improving life in this little slice of frozen hell.
>>
You have your giants rework the Mossfarm, asking them to find a way to make it supply more food during these hard times. After a week of tinkering, growing and harvesting and regrowing they are proud to present... Nothing. The only way to expand the mossfarm would be to grow it over a larger body of water, the only one you have in your cavern is your primary water source. Without that, water will become as much of a concern as food.
With masonry done, you ask your craftsmen to start learning how to pour and cast metal.
>>
>>37376979

Your giants guarding the door confirm the complaints of the others, they say they hear singing. It sounds strange and un-natural, like something played from an un-tuned, overused music box.They show signs of distress.
When pressed further they admit they hear what sounds like Giant being spoken outside, its rough and unpleasant, repeating over and over how its cold outside, and they should open the door.
Temp:0/10 Deadly
Stockpile: 12 Barrels of Homonculi mead, Ragged Wheet Seeds, 2 Giant Skeletons, 20 Hardwood, 2 Trollfat, 3 Troll bile, 1 troll pelt, 6 Mammoth hide tunics

Current Actions: 1 Actions Per Turn (Metalworking in 3 turns 20 hardwood consumed by your craftsmen)
>A. Scout (Impossible)
>B. Gather Food
>C. Gather Trade Good
>H. Other

>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>37377044
Mine to find another source of water in the cave.

Make the guard team alternate back and forth so no one goes nuts.

And mammoth dung, fuel, do it!
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>37377044
Seal the door with ice and put moss in the guard's ears.

See if any giants have the magic spark that haven't been trained yet.
>>
>>37377044
Make guard rotations more frequent and reinforce the door from the inside
>>
>>37377044
Maybe if it becomes too much of a disturbance we drop all guards from the gate post, what do we need them there for anyway?
>>
>>37377151
To keep whatevers terrifying them OUT I'd wager.
>>
umm, my guess is its some sort of psychological ailment caused by an unusual predator lurking outside
>>
You have your giants move to place what stones you can against the cave entrance. The effect is minimal. You have the tribe rotate in watching the door, all of them report hearing Giant speak on the other side. The mothers find it the hardest saying they hear what sounds like their children outside. Despite knowing they are safe in the Cavern they say they feel compelled to open the door, all request not to watch the door again.
While your tribe is switching to watch the door your mystics screen your kin for someone with The Spark, unsurprising when none are.

>One of the younger giants say they heard Giant speak coming from the mammoth dens when they were watching the herd. The Mammoths do not seem bothered.
>One of your miners starts to complain of a high pitched ring whenever he looks at the roof hole
>>
>>37377184
Possibly something along the lines of an ice-spirit-siren.
>>
>>37377201
high pitched ringing, maybe its rattling their brains? I dunno, this world is so home-brew all my reference points are shaken up. The only thing I can think of is some giant greek monster, maybe the cyclopes, that imitates people's voices, not a siren, those just sing.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>37377198
Ok Mystics need to figure out what this nonsense is about. Team up!
>>
>>37377198
>The Child is sick with a cough much like the one she had before.
>One of the mothers broke down in tears while they worked with the iron. She cant explain why.
>One of your older Giants says they saw something shimmer above the hole in the roof.
On the upside, your giants have managed to cast some iron into rough, clean ingots! Thanks to the use of massive amounts of hardwood.
>>
>>37377198
Okay this is getting obnoxious. Ask our death speaker to ask whatever damn spirit is haunting the shit out of us to kindly ask what it wants or gtfo!
>>
>>37377247
Yaaaaay we're gonna freeze to death ain't we?

Can we please research some actual cold winter clothing instead of half assed ones?
>>
>>37377247

Morale:3/10
Stockpile: 12 Barrels of Homonculi mead, Ragged Wheet Seeds, 2 Giant Skeletons, 15 Hardwood, 2 Trollfat, 3 Troll bile, 1 troll pelt, 6 Mammoth hide tunics

>A. Scout (Impossible)
>B. Gather Food
>C. Gather Trade Good
>H. Other

>>
Ok chucklefucks, no more smelting, goddamn.

Mystics, check the ghosts
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>37377272
are there any clan songs or rituals we can use to up our morale like last year? Oh maybe a story contest.

But seriously,

Mystics: Check the sounds and Child
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>37377272
Find out what the fuck is going on
>>
>>37377248
yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with this, could you please give us a little more obvious hints, or at least ones that tie together beyond psychosis
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

>>37377272
(whatever researching warm clothing would be called)
Lets at least make something for the sick child
>>
>>37377272
do some camp acivities like singing campfire songs together and sacrifice a sow to the wintzer gods to banish the evil spirits haunting you
>>
>>37377350
I think the "evil spirits" effects are the work of something very real so cutting our own food supply isnt going to do anything helpful
>>
You ask Rukova to take another spiritwalk like before. When she dips into the darkness she almost immediately begins to babble. "Green, green and sick, green and sick and wrong." Is all you can make out before she faints, black fatwax still sealing her eyes closed. Meanwhile Jyoti takes another look at The Child and while she tries to play off her cough as nothing its easy to see bright red flecks on her hands when she coughs. Without Medicine, youll just have to hope she pulls through.
>>37377297
In the night one of your giants wakes up with a roar, shaking everyone awake. All eyes turn towards the shouting giant who, in his hands has a large length of pulsing green flesh. The revolting, roiling, pulsing tendril stretches back towards the cave door, the giant watching it nowhere to be seen.
>Cut at the Tendril
>Let it go
>Rush the door
>Flee into other caverns.
>>
Should we try making ice quartz javalins or bows so we can take on others of our size easily? Against humans we can probably kill them with just a smack but ice quartz seems like its pretty good giant killing material.

>>37377296
Don't think I'll beat a 92 and thats the action I want to take.
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>37377398
Cut the tendril with an Ice Axe, burn it with fire!
>>
>>37377398
Why did we not use the earlier good roll here
>>37377296
do you go by lowest?
>>
The Child has tuberculosis. Great.
>>
>>37377398
>>37377426
THIS AND SHUT THE DOOR
>>
>>37377442
Because the kid and the mystic arent dead, thanks to the stellar roll.
>>
>>37377442
Because it's a Hardmode civ I guess.

None of my good rolls get used
>>
>>37377459
Oh... thank you benevolent master.
>>37377426
>>37377456
this so much this.
>>
We have now gone full horror story mode. Jesus fucking chirst on a pogo stick this is some warp shenanigans.
>>
>>37377446
which means they are screwed beyond imagining, tuberculosis can cause your lungs to rot from the inside and black gunk to be coughed up.
>please don't let them have TB
and if anyone was interested, dwarf civ quest is up
>>37377432
>>
Just noticed that until Jyoti finds one more icemage and Rukova gets two apprentices, no more magic research

If not for the monster at our door (literally) I'd roll for medicine. I'd rather keep that creepy Child alive and not a zombie
>>
>>37377466
You actually saved 2 people, rather than 1. I wouldnt feel too down.
Off of the metagaming bullshit please.

The Giant holds the tentacle fast, his feet holding hard against the stone floor. Without a moments hesitation one of your hunters snatches up the Crystal axe and swings it down on the tendril like hes chopping wood. The blade bites deep into the strangely spongy flesh, a spray of brackish blood sprays from the wound before the Ice Quartz goes to work, exploding down the length of the tendril.
With another heave your giant rips the appendage off, leaving it spasming on the floor. This galvanizes the rest of your tribe into action. Several of them rush the door, Ice Quartz axes in hand. When they reach the door they find nothing but the darkness and the wind. Pushing the door closed the tribe finds the tendril finally still, curled into a spiral on the cave floor.
>>
>>37377588
>Rukova wakes after several days looking only a little worse for wear.
>The guards no longer report anything outside the door.
>While The Child's cough sounds horrible she still reports feeling alright and sleeps a bit more often.
Pop: 10 Giants
Morale:2/10
Stockpile: 12 Barrels of Homonculi mead, Ragged Wheet Seeds, 2 Giant Skeletons, 12 Hardwood, 2 Trollfat, 3 Troll bile, 1 troll pelt, 6 Mammoth hide tunics

>A. Scout (Impossible)
>B. Gather Food
>C. Gather Trade Good
>H. Other

>>
can we not have weird unexplained stuff like this, or at least better hints, in a home-brew world we have no sense of direction, its not fair to throw in magical shenanigans without any background
>>
>>37377632
apologies for sounding whiny
>>
>>37377632
Strangers in a strange land, you expect to have things laid out before you without looking yourself. There are a lot of unexplained things in the world. This one is just a little more HERE NOW. Pull up your britches, youll get through this with good choices and rolls.
>>
>>37377588
I'm metagaming? Sorry?
>>
>>37377631
rally the tribe and raise spirits we need a morale boosting action of somekind but I ain't sure what. that morale is so low only ants get under it
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>37377631
do rectal searchingfs for all the giants the tentacle must have hidden somwhere (or just search the water puddle).
also the kid has a strange illness sacrificxe it before it spreads.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>37377631
Research cold weather clothing
>>
>>37377661
yeah, but how can we make good choices if there is no background information to base them on? Its like a shot in the dark, except you don't even know whether you have a gun in your hand or a rock
>>
>>37377684
This. I'm starting to think it'll be needed to go hunt whatever fell abomination is stalking the group. That thing is not going away anytime soon.
>>
>>37377668
Youre fine man, sorry for calling you out on nothing. Dick move on my part.
>>37377684
You have several of your tribe distract themselves by working towards some Cold Weather Clothing.
>>37377682
While the thought of searching everyone's ass crosses your mind you realize that there's little point. Instead have a few of your scouts check the shallow waters in the cavern for any sign of the tentacle. Fortunately your scouts find nothing in the clear waters of your home.
>>
>>37377787

While stretching their legs in the unused caverns of your cave one of your younger Giants starts singing to herself. The song is mellow and calming, she doesnt know the song can he heard in the main cavern, it has a pleasant effect on your tribe.
Morale:3/10
Stockpile: 12 Barrels of Homonculi mead, Ragged Wheet Seeds, 2 Giant Skeletons, 12 Hardwood, 2 Trollfat, 3 Troll bile, 1 troll pelt, 6 Mammoth hide tunics

Current Actions: 1 Actions Per Turn (3 turns Cold Weather Clothing)
>A. Scout (Impossible)
>B. Gather Food
>C. Gather Trade Good
>H. Other

>>
>>37377787
Maybe have Rukova meditate on the tentacle. It seems like it would be more her purview.

Should've researched medicine.
>>
>>37377823
research bardism and sing to raise our morale
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>37377873
singing
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>37377823
Research medicine
>>
>>37377899
Oh goddamnit. If only we could roll for that now 0:
>>
>>37377899
BOOM get rekt winter
>>
>>37377905
Not even valid. research is 1d6s and it would gridlock our actions and we probably die from it.

now if slow CM wants to use it as an attempt to heal THE CHILD or something thats his call.
>>
you started early today OP!
>>
>>37377928
Yeah, Valtyr, shoulda rolled to treat the child. Hope SLow CM is forgiving (he never is).

and don't tell me, tell the guy who rolled it
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>37377873
bardism
>>
>>37377890
>>37377890
Your tribe is gathered together to sing, resent events causing undo strain on them all. The songs are songs every mother sings to her child, and a few of your older giants sing of their homeland. A few people weep happily. You notice theres a few more people humming and singing quietly to themselves in the coming days.

>>37377899
While this wont work as a research roll I will use it as >>37377928 suggested.
You have The Child eat a bit more than her share, hoping to boost her immune system. With some luck a week later and her cough is much quieter. She seems much happier, talking to people and even taking door guard, a position dreaded now by the tribe.
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>37377873
We technically already have a bard, and he's a boisterous one.

Also, I leave to get dinner, and we get attacked by a horrible monster. Thanks for saving us Jyoti.

I'm seconding medicine. >>37377899
>>
>>37377960
Dont say I never did anything for you!
>>37377972
DAT CRIT Someone roll a d100 for this please

Current Actions: 1 Actions Per Turn (3 turns Cold Weather Clothing)
>A. Scout (Impossible)
>B. Gather Food
>C. Gather Trade Good
>H. Other

>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>37378006
Come on, Mjolski, do good
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>37377972
research that bardism yo
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>37378006
Rolling
>>
>>37378018
Mjolski, after several days toiling in a cavern by himself comes back to the tribe with a crude drum made of hardwood and buffalo hide. (All further rolls for morale will receive a roll bonus)
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>37378006
No wammy no wammy!
>>
>>37378048
Things are slowly looking up. This creature wants to haunt the tribe to death.

So lets drum it out the damn door and tell it to never come back.

Yeah sure its not gonna work but if we resist its tricks we could provoke it into a confrontation. and we've proven we can hurt it. We can kill it.
>>
>>37378070
Seems like the time to use the Fetish Ice Spear is coming close.
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>37378006
Study the tendril.
>>
>>37378107
Seconding, enshrine in Death Altar with other trophies
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>37378153
Always forget my roll
>>
>>37378107
You have Jyoti and Rukova look over the tendril.
In the cold, dry air its stayed fairly the same as it was in life. The spongy green skin is smooth and featureless on one side, the other inner side is covered in small hooked teeth. While clearly it is organic and alive the flesh is warped and unnatural, clearly this is something that has spent too long around a warping source of magic, or was made this way by other means.
>Your firewood is running low.
>Your food is running low.

Food: 4 turns
Stockpile: 12 Barrels of Homonculi mead, Ragged Wheet Seeds, 2 Giant Skeletons, 10 Hardwood, 2 Trollfat, 3 Troll bile, 1 troll pelt, 6 Mammoth hide tunics

Current Actions: 1 Actions Per Turn (1 turns Cold Weather Clothing)
>A. Scout (Impossible)
>B. Gather Food
>C. Gather Trade Good
>H. Other

>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>37378211
Gather wood
>>
>>37378240
I didnt get to welcome you back! So sorry, I was busy typing. Thanks for coming.
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>37378211
Gather mammoth dung! excess moss! anything that can be burned! and we have plenty of live mammoth so we can kill them whenever we need
>>
>>37378255
It's all good OP. Got here a bit late into the thread. Oh well.
>>
>>37378262
Mammoth dung and dried moss if we have any.
>>
>>37378211
maybe build trollfat torches
>>
>>37378262
Mammoth dung and moss will be better then going in 0/10 cold. Especially with clothes tech so close.
>>
>>37378262
Ya ok... Sounds better than my plan
>>
>>37378314
I was kinda wondering why Gramen was pushing for it. Even with a 76 we'd lose giants to that temperature level.
>>
>>37378262
>>37378281 (You always forget your rolls!)
You have the Giants over watching the mossfarm bring you a few handfuls of dried moss. While the stuff doesnt burn very long it burns very hot, heating the stone around your firepit. A few of the younger giants dig about the mammoth pen and gathers several dried piles of dung. The fire burns slowly and warm.
(someone please roll a d100 for COld Weather Gear?)
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>37377698
Cause we would not have that information. We are expected to fuck up the first encounter cause thats how it would go, we would not fucking know the vampire dies in the sun if its our first fucking time meeting or hearing about vampires.

>>37377823
Research magic for cryostais on the child
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>37378337
I think at this point the only giants who could possibly survive that are Jyoti and the Child (out of shear creep factor) but not for long

>>37378347
Not forgetting this one
>>
>>37378354
Correct!
Sadly we can not research more magic until we have more magic users.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>37378347
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>37378360
In this Jyoti would be exhausted before getting out of view of the cave. He'd drain himself rapidly using the ice defense spell trying to negate the cold. Then just drop dead.

>>37378347
Rolling
>>
mfw all these fuckign dice holy shit.

This isn't natural what the hell?!
>>
>>37378354
>>37378360
>>37378390
These rolls tho!
The new Cold Weather setup wraps closer to the skin than before. Keeping a smaller pocket of warm air. The effect is minimal at the moment but your giants promise that come spring, when they have more furs to work with they will be able to develop a better way.

Food: 3 turns
Stockpile: 12 Barrels of Homonculi mead, Ragged Wheet Seeds, 2 Giant Skeletons, 7 Hardwood, 2 Trollfat, 3 Troll bile, 1 troll pelt, 6 Mammoth hide tunics

>A. Scout (Impossible)
>B. Gather Food
>C. Gather Trade Good
>H. Other

>>
>>37378415
Luckily it was just a bonus roll, so nothing horrible happened. Just nothing incredibly good.
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>37378427
Gather Food
Research medicine (second roll for research next)
Kill one sow for food or a few buffalo. How many buffalo do we have?
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>37378467
With a roll like that, how I can resist seconding it!
>>
>>37378467
No buffalo here, only Mammoths.
>>
>>37378467
Damn with a roll like that I shoulda suggested my first idea of using the sow for another fetish item but couldn't think of an item worthy of it. Maybe Mjolski's drum
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>37378467
Well rolling for the medicine research dice.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d6)

>>37378487
Fuck, forgot research roll again

Ok I thought I read we had gathered a few buffalo, nevermind
>>
>>37378505
>>37378501
wrong dice
>>
>>37378546
That's for research time you doof
>>
>>37378467
>>37378482
You have a trio of giants go and get a sow from the cavern the Mammoths are in. Butchering the sow is quick and easy, luckily the other Mammoths dont notice or care about their missing number. (+ 3 turns of food)
You might not have much to learn medicine on other than the Moss but you have some of your tribe look into it anyway.
>There is a knock on the door. Very clearly you hear a Homonculi calling to be let in.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>37378567
oops

>>37378501
supporting this
>>
>>37378585
>Open the door, see what they're doing here
>Dont answer
>Tell them to go away
>Other.
>>
>>37378585
look first oh god look first.
>>
>>37378585
Big bad wolf?
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>37378598
>other
Look first, if its actually them then open the door.
>>
>>37378585
Let the bro in. HE COULD DIED
>>
>>37378633
this
>>
>>37378643
let the right bro in.
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>37378598
Look first, guards ready with spears and axes

If its Homun friend, let them in
>>
Gather the axes first at least you fools!
>>
>>37378598
Let them in, carefully.

I don't think homonculi are affected by cold.
>>
>>37378701
if it is the homunculi then they did not bring their humans with them.
Also, if it is them then ask them about the freaking thing attacking us. the sounds, the tentacle, all of it.
>>
>>37378743
I'm afraid that the Homun IS the sounds
>>
>>37378598

It's a trap! Homunculi are resistant to cold.
Even more suspect, why would one homunculi alone venture in the cold unforgiving night?

I advise CAUTION. Don't open the door, try to get a strong-willed giant to establish communication. Ask him questions only an homunculi would know, for exemple. What did you trade with us during summer some years ago, how do you refine your mead, what is it made from, something like that.
>>
>>37378633
>>37378643
While your door is quite sturdy you lack much of a peephole, instead your Guard cracks the door open slightly, Ice Quartz axe in hand. Out in the darkness a Homonculi stands, dressed in the same clothes he wore in the summer and seeming no worse for wear. "I have need to speak to your leader." He says, only then does it occur to you that this is the first time youve seen one of the Homonculi alone, they seem much smaller and less impressive alone.

Your Guard lets him in and closes the door, dropping the huge log of Hardwood over the door again.

Quickly Grulin is awoken to speak to the Homonculi his small voice straining with urgency. "Giantkin my people have much need of your help. We are beset upon by some monster in the night and fear for our serfs."
>Speak
>Send away
>Offer Help
>Other
>>
>>37378768
Can you elaborate mr. Homo man?
>>
>>37378768
Speak more

Ask him what the creatures like, tell him of our experience. advise him to bring the people here so we may protect them, offer a giant escort if they accept
>>
>>37378768
Show them the tentacle, ask if it resembles that.

Do we dare invite them and the serfs to live in the caves with us until Spring? They would have to bring their own food and supplies though.
>>
>>37378811
do this
>>
>>37378811
I'm tentatively agreeing to this.
>>
I wonder what would happen if Rukova made a staff and we manage to kill the abomination and she binds it to the staff as a fetish.
>>
>>37378768
my support goes to
>>37378802
and
>>37378811
>>
>>37378811
Might be... a good idea. but it'll put strain on living space and food. plus the freezing chill would have good odds of killing humans. Hope they got a way to deal with that.
>>
>>37378790
>>37378802
>>37378811
"Can you maybe elaborate more? We were attacked by some manner of monster several weeks ago." Rukova brings the dried tendril down from her cavern, the Homonculi nods at the sight.
"It seems you drove it off, we have not been so lucky, our serfs cower in their cellars, many have been driven to madness others have been seen dragged out into the darkness. Please, we need your help."
After some deliberation Grulin offers them passage to the cave, so long as they are able to bring their own food and supplies.
The lone Homonculi seems rather taken aback. "The humans could not survive the trek, even if there was nothing hounding them in their homes." Pursing his lips he looks straight at Grulin, "We will not abandon them either. We need your help, we need your warriors. We are not a people meant for war."
>Send some warriors
>Send the tribe
>Send him away, we can not help him
>Other
>>
>>37378964
Can we wait until we won't freeze to death?
>>
>>37378964
Well I called that.

On one hand this is the perfect chance. plus we kinda cuased this. we fought the damn thing off after all. it went for weaker prey!

On the other hand its really fucking cold. could we even survive the trek?
>>
>>37378964
The homonculi have been nothing but good to us, it'll probably screw us now, but if we survive there should be a big payoff. I say send warriors and maybe Jyoti with the Mammoth Spear.

Besides, if we don't kill this thing now, it will only come back for us.
>>
>>37378964
Oh fuck what are we gonna do

Send some warriors i say, armed with as much fur as possible and the ice quatz axes, send jyoti with the fetish spear and the child too with an ice spear. i Dont think we could mobilize the whole tribe for this

(i still dont have an arm)
>>
>>37379019
Also Rukova with an animated Mammoth skeleton to act as the distraction.
>>
>>37379019
It crossed my mind. as long as we have a chance to rest and warm up after the trek we can definately do this. The ice shard axes literally freeze its flesh. thats why it ran away from us. We can fucking kill it.

I just hope the new clothing lets them survive.
>>
>>37379019
They would be indebted to our clan for certain.

Send Jyoti and the Warriors, perhaps Rukova if she can survive the journey.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.
>>
>>37379107
Yeah, taking risks makes it fun. At this point Rukova has black veins, her deathtouched status might help resist a little.
>>
>>37379107
Plus once its done killing the humans and the homos off that fuckers gonna come back for us. End it now or have it end later when its trying to tentacle rape us.
>>
>>37379149
Send valtyr with the ice spears! i can be range!

( i don't wanna be left out)
>>
>>37379165
Too late for that mate. You're all right, now.
>>
>>37379019
>>37379041
>>37379068
Lacking any true warriors you have your hunters prepare for war. 6 Giants take the tunics you have, wrapping their feet and hands against the hellish cold and brandish a pair of Ice Quartz axes a piece. Across each back rests a trio if spears. Despite not being warriors, they sure look the part.
Jyoti is selected for their leader, leaving the tribe in the hands of Rukova. Clutched in his hands if the spirit imbued spear, a faint green light pulsing in its Quartz head.
The homunculi is clearly anxious to be on his way, quickly running to the door and stepping out into the dark, your hunters in tow.
The remaining giants send them off with loud songs, though they might be only children's songs your tribe sings them with feeling.
The Giants march to battle.
(cont.)
>>
What if Chtol goes? She isn't a child anymore is she? I know they grow fast. Plus she can kill anything easily
>>
>>37379181
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCENkwPiuU0
>>
>>37379220
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izzax3k_6jo
That's what I think in every thread... where everyone wants to enslave.
>>
>>37379181
The march is as hellish as many of the hunters remember, the darkness is blinding and their torches burn out almost instantly. Beneath the Homonculi's shirt he pulls a small glowing bottle, lighting the way for your huntsmen. Fierce determination steels their resolve and they walk in silence, eyes set firm ahead. Within a day they see the lights of the homonculi village, though fewer than before. The small homonculi breaks into a jog, your giants in tow. Somewhere among those lights is the monster who slew your kin, made young mothers weep and your children fear the dark.
>Whats your battleplan?
>>
>>37379181
I'm back, what happens if its a trap?
Anyone have a Contingency plan?
>>
>>37379258
Ask for food and warmth so we can get rested before fighting. After that. Have the homculi lure while our magic spear ambushes him.
>>
>>37379258
Stay spread out, use a basic skirmishing line, spears ready to hit that thing before it grabs ya
>>
>>37379258
Make jyoti use iceblood and lead the giants into the town, have one prepare his spears for throwing. tell the homonculi to wake the others and gather torches and means of fire to illuminate the night.

Once its spotted have everyone charge it and hack the shit out of it then set it on fire
>>
>>37379258
Get the homonculi to tell us the layout of the village and where the beast was last seen. Have a courageous giant call out a challenge to the beast with the rest, and Jyoti ready to ambush it. Let's not dick around with this, we're giants after all.

>>37379267
Well we're still armed to battle.
>>
>>37379258
If we can get the drop on it we throw our Ice Spears at it first, using our axes on it when it gets close. Jyoti would try to get it's attention focused on him, using the Icy Veins if it gets a grapple
>>
>>37379306
Also this, don't wanna freeze/starve during a fight
>>
>>37379326
Scratch my plan, I will side with Jyoti since he's putting his neck out on this one.
>>
>>37379306
>>37379313
>>37379322
>>37379326

Combine these
>>
The ground crunches beneath your feet, the lights of the town grow close, the homonculi slows his run and turns to your scouts.
>Ask for food and shelter before fighting
>Move in battle ready
If its seen have your hunters rain spears down on it
>Other - Write in
>>
>>37379412
What kinda shape are we in SlowCm? If we need it stop for food, if okay rain hell on that bitch
>>
>>37379412
Food and shelter, we should be in top condition. But only 2 eat at a time, 4 stay on watch.
>>
>>37379412
>Other
Don't fuck it up. If we don't kill the damn thing now its going to haunt us for years to come.

Assuming the tribe even survives the devastation.
>>
>>37379412
Did we feed the warriors before they went off?
If not then ask if they know where it is, if they know go after it, if they do not then eat to gather our strength.
>>
>>37379412
Shelter. Freezing to death is bad.
>>
>>37379447
His post said it was a hellish march, Search the town and if we cant find it get warmth and food and wait for it then do>>37379326
>>
>>37379476
Yeah best to be warm and ready for it on a full stomach. We've been eating nothing but mammoth and moss. Tell the Homuns to get fire and oil ready
>>
>>37379476
Eat and wait, then
This thing is hunting people, sitting and waiting will work
>>
I've been wondering. What is the size differential to us and the Homoman? Does he come up to our knee or pelvis? Or are we more of just very tall, tough, hoomans?
>>
>>37379512
I believe we were like 12ft
>>
>>37379463
Why do we not have a thawing spell yet?
That should probably be our next priority as combined with our relivening spell and the freezing spell that lets us do stuff like get rid of poison without killing someone or maybe get closer to cryo sleep to save the child.
Also you know, the gigantic ammount of fucking cold around us.
>>
>>37379512
We're a dozen feet tall or so i think
Tell them to gather what weapons they can and fire and oil like>>37379508
>>
>>37379549
Magic is really hard to get and limited use. It's a hardcore game, but once we get our population up we can work towards it.
>>
>>37379549
We've got icy veins... I mean we won't freeze to death instantly...
>>
>>37379549
We can't learn magic until we get more giants with the spark that enables them to use magic, also we can't just choose a spell we have to lean towards it and eventually specialize in it
>>
>>37379571
its dethawing though, that should be pretty easy to learn, in theory easier than freezing. I know we can do it slowly but I suppose the fact it would make the winter easier is the issue.
>>
>>37379549
Maybe we should get to the point when winter isn't gonna fuck us then get cool magical shit
>>
>>37379412
Ignore this
"We need food, and a place to warm ourselves." The homonculi nods, leading you through their small village. Theres a dozen buildings here made of stone and wood. One of your keen scouts sees down the street a collapsed pile of stones, snow and ice quickly covering its remains.
Waving your hunters inside a small covering of a hillside, the homonculi speaks up. "We do not have a building meant to hold being of your side. I will have fire brought out to you if you will wait a moment." Nodding their accent the small Homonculi runs into one of the larger buildings. Minutes later coming out to your huntsmen with a bundle of metal in his arms. "This will not work well out here, but it should warm you quickly." With a twist the metal goes from cold to white hot, its heat turning the snow to steam. Your Hunters warm themselves, eating the small amounts of food brought to them. Several humans can be seen looking from windows "The beast comes often, it seems to hunt for light." His eyes grow wide. "Much like the light of out coil here."
>HAve your scouts move among the buildings, seek out the beast.
>Have the homonculi make a bright light as bait
>Wait in the dark for it to show.
>>
>>37379602
We didn't pick it because it wasn't an option. Believe me, that was why we rushed magic research
>>
>>37379609
The point in getting thawing magic is to help with winter.
>>
>>37379602
>>37379549
Something along those lines would be more along the lines of Solar or Fire magic, neither of which were an option to the tribe. Cant always get what you want, gotta work with what ya have.
>>
>>37379621
If they can do it safely, bait.
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

Im here and ready to battle been catching up homonculi are bros we can trust them
>>37379621
Have the homculi bait it. We can throw spears at it to kill it.
Morale raising speach as we finish eating if we brought the drums play it while we wait.
it makes peoples deppressed and crazy try and keep the hunters calm and ready
>>
>>37379621
Bright light with Jyoti and other giants bellowing a challenge and song.

Have them waiting with spears ready to throw.
>>
>>37379621
Wait for it, with backs to the fire waiting in the dark sounds unsafe
>>
>>37379621
Make the light bright and wait for it to approach, ambush it if we can (hard to ambush when you're fucking 12feet tall)
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>37379621
>>HAve your scouts move among the buildings, seek out the beast.

Also, is there an archive I can go to to catch up? Haven't been able to play lately due to coursework
>>
>>37379627
This was meant to be a quick tidbit for the next time we research magic, not a long discussion.
>>37379621

Have some warriors wait in the dark, then light the bright light, when it comes in have the mamoth spear dude nail him in the ass.
>>
>>37379621
Bright light as bait!
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>37379706
roll
>>
>>37379737
>>37379702
>>37379673
Not time to roll yet i dont think
>>
>>37379737
OH GOD NO IGNORE IGNORE.
>>
>>37379621
>Have the homonculi make a bright light as bait
>>
We could use Flash Freeze to create a wall of ice us. We don't know how the creature 'sees' but we might as well try to hide our temperature, if it uses that.
>>
>>37379748
>>37379737
Good thing that wasn't an official roll, we'd have ended up like the orks
>>
>>37379763
>>
>>37379771
flash freeze only freezes a small amount. We are not mages. Slow Cm has made it very clear that magic isnt going to be the way a giant becomes ruler of the world.
This is a very hc civ
To all the new people you will get used to it its crazy fun and slow is a great op
>>
>>37379810
Wait, what happened to all the Necro Giants talk? Was that abandoned?
>>
>>37379810
Well, we did freeze our cave but that did take a while.
Eh, I dunno. I thought it would be worth a try.
>>
>>37379834
We have necromancy, it might just take a while to get to where it's effective. We need some more magic attuned babies to get some apprentices.

But mostly we need to survive this fight and the rest of the winter.
>>
>>37379834
Nooooot as easy as we thought it would be.

Researching necromancy but we hit a wall until our population goes up (if ever)
>>
>>37379810
Besides it'll do them good to get off the idea that rushing magic lets them solve everything.

>>37379834
When SlowCM explained how magic actually works in very fine words yes. We'd need an actual magic research lab and everything leading up to it in order to get bullshit tier magic.

The Q&A thread was enlightening to say the least. It was also said the players were like herding cats.
>>
>>37379834
If you were in the q/a a couple days ago he basically told us it was a bad idea.

ALSO HE REMINDED US WE HAD A HUGE FUCKING HOLE IN OUR ROOF WHICH IS HOW THE TENTACLE GOT IN IF NOoNE NOTICED
>>
>>37379834
I think we need more giants with "the spark" can't research until 3 mages of each kind, but necro giants would be BA especially for our one-arme buddy
>>
>>37379888
No, it came in through the front door. Took the guard.

Chill about the hole in the wall, mang
>>
>>37379888
Amirite slow??????????????????????????????
rolling to be right
>>
>>37379861
>>37379861
>>37379872
>>37379875
>>37379888
>>37379898
Ah, okay. I was here from the start but was absent for a few threads, so I'm kind of clueless. Any one care to fill me in? Last I remember we just met the Homunculi and discovered Ice Quartz Spears
>>
>>37379720
>>37379674
>>37379673
>>37379671
Bait.
"We will bring light out, just please do not let it to hurt our people anymore." He runs inside just as the coil of heat and light burns out, the cold hits you like a wall of bricks.
"I have light! Mind your eyes!" The small homonculi shouts from the middle of town, your hunters are lucky to hear him. With a loud boom a light bursts to life in the darkness. Behind the running Homonculi stands what youd assume was a spear, its tip buried into the ice. On the other end sits an impossibly bright light, its pale glow pushing back the shadows and in an instant the hulking form of your foe is revealed to you.

Its many eyes blink at the brightness, its massive form roils from the roof it was perched on, dozens of long, coiling tendrils slide across the frozen earth. As of now it seems to not have noticed your huntsmen, its eyes fixated on this new source of light and warmth.
It starts to chatter at it, a horrible cacophony of sounds roll from the beast, one of your hunters vomits.
>What do you do? Roll 3d100 with your choice.
>>
Rolled 23, 59, 57 = 139 (3d100)

>>37379933
Surround and prepare to attack
>>
>>37379910
Oh damn i guess i accidentalied that sentence. really cant do that with this guy losing a sentence changes everything.

>>37379933
throw a spear from everyone just one though they need to keep the others on them. DONOTTHROWTHEFETISHSPEAR
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>37379933
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckingchaosbeasts

Surround it while it's distracted, Icy Veins and then throw all our spears at it, Jyoti and the hunters charging with the axes, surround and chop.
>>
Rolled 73, 50, 54 = 177 (3d100)

>>37379933

Flank it with our magic ice spear. Pincer attack it essentially.
>>
>>37379933
Holy. Fucking. Shit. Chop its limbs off the center mass will keep itself away much as it can, spears to the center mass a lucky hit with an ice shard could be fatal to it.

Surround, attack, KILL.
>>
Rolled 58, 40 = 98 (2d100)

>>37379978
derp rolling 2d100
>>
Rolled 53, 87, 95 = 235 (3d100)

>>37379933
Jyoti uses Icy Veins, bellows and charges the beast with his Mammoth Spear while the hunters throw their spears into the beast and charge in with quartz axes after they run out.
>>
>>37379976
>>
Rolled 85, 100, 60 = 245 (3d100)

>>37379933
Start chucking ice spears
>oh mighty dice god hear my prayer, high roll nigga
>>
Rolled 74, 96, 99 = 269 (3d100)

>>37379976
i an incapable of rolling
also>>37380005
>>37380009
>>
>>37380009
You rolled high indeed friend. if he splits the rolls for highest we just got a 85,100,95 so far.

We are getting vengance for it haunting us

>>37380022
THEN THIS SHIT HAPPENS. HOLY SHIT.
>>
>>37380005
This FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THIS
>>
>>37380022
>>37380009
>>37379999
Give me a second to write
These are some nice fucking rolls
>>
>>37380073
Cool
>>
At least we didn't Orc Civ this, looking forward to the results.
>>
>>37380109
But... we don't have any goblins to blow ourselves up with!
>>
>>37380109
The dwarf thread is going down the same path.. Don't worry
>>
>>37380147
EVERYTHING IS HAUNTED
>>
>>37380109
>>37380147
Dwarves just rolled a 5 on scouting a forest
>>
Hopefully this will put us in pretty close alliance status with the homonculi.
>>
>>37380201
They seem to have DAT gud magic were after, they would make us incredibly strong
>>
Your hunters move smoothly across the ice. Their spears clutched in cold, white knuckled fingers. In silence they spread around the beast and, with a shuddering roar they let loose their lethal cargo.
Each spear lands on mark, piercing deep into The Green. Quartz blooms from its hide and it wails in confusion and agony, it tries to twist its eyes in each direction as a second volley of spears fall upon it. Your Giant's roar remains unbroken, blood burning hot in their veins, their spears sinking into The Green's eyes, causing them to leak disgusting yellow fluid before rupturing in Quartz.
The Green is enraged, twisting its riddled body in formless pain, lashing out with its tendrils seeking the source of its pain. Your hunters will have none of that, moving deftly between the homonculi buildings they let fly the last of their horrible weaponry. The spears pin tendrils to walls, crystals blooming and severing limbs and pinning The Green in place. While a dozen remaining tendrils still lash about your hunters draw their horribly wicked axes, teeth bared.
>Charge
>Charge
>Charge
>Flee
>>
>>37380293
Well Charge of course
>>
>>37380293
Hmmmm
i choose
no wait...
gimme a minute

Charge?
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>37380293
Inbr we fail this roll
CHARGE LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>37380293
>Charge
>CHARGE
>CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE
>>
>>37380293
Flee towards the creature in a charge like manner
>>
Rolled 20 (1d100)

>>37380293
Charge! Unleash the Mammoth Spear!
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>37380293
Charge
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>37380343
>>37380331
The Spear to pierce the heavens!

captcha: Jamit. Giggity.
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>37380293
Charge
>roll gods please
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>37380293
Hope this doesn't kill me

CHARGE!
>>
WAIT HE HAS TO SCReaM THAT OUR SPEAR IS THE SPEAR THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!
>>
>>37380405
alsiugtao;dhsfk

Can't have all the good rolls I guess lol
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>37380340
>>
>>37380379
You. You right here. You saved the quest. Feel proud be proud.
>>
Well this is going better then Dwarf Quest. we just got a fucking forgotten beast or something over there.

Yes I'm fucking serious he's sicced a fucking forgotten beast on us and we're dwarves. Its fucking DF all over again
>>
Hide shoes dig into frozen ground, your hunters rush towards the crippled best. Its chitters and babbles in Giant, begging in the voices of children and women, brothers and mothers. Your giants scream back their response axes rise and fall, black blood slicks the ice before Quartz explodes from their pools. The Greens body is torn to shreds, its horrible shrieking rising in pitch and tone.
Your hunters leap back from its lashing tendrils, spent axes dropped in favor of fresh ones. Jyoti murmurs a chant, splitting his palm with a shard of Ice Quartz, his body glows blue. In his other hand he draws back the Mammoth Spear, its tip glowing bright with energy. With a grunt the spear is thrown and for a moment the air around it shakes.
Then the spear is inside The Green. A shuddering wave quakes from inside and it freezes over with Quartz.
The Green is dead. 1 Giant is badly wounded, his torso slit open. No casualties.
(cont)
>>
>>37380548
Get the mead, we're getting fucking tanked
>>
>>37380548
Guys, remember when we saw the green thing flying and Slow said it might not be a dragon? What if this thing is a baby one and they turn into flying mindfucking tentacal monsters???
>>
>>37380548
MEEEEEEEEEEEDIIIIIIIC
>>
>>37380634
Also could we reanimate it to make our buddy a new tentacle arm?
>>
>>37380634
NO DONT GIVE THAT EVIl MASTERMIND IDEAS
>>
>>37380548
The silence is broken only by the wind. Your hunters breath heavily, throats raw from exertion, muscles tingle as the last bits of adrenaline swirl. From a dozen windows tiny faces can be seen, mouths agape in wonder. From the building the Homonculi retreated to comes a trio of small blue-skins. They seem at a loss for words for once, instead of speaking they wave back towards the house, a dozen humans come out carrying the coils of metal from before, it takes two of them to carry one coil.
Your giants gather together around the coils of heat, exhaustion sapping the strength from their mighty bodies. The homonculi split apart into their village, returning with workers carrying wood and stone. Working in the freezing cold they crawl over the collapsed building, moving stones and replacing wood. By the time the coils burn out there's a very large stone building, even set with a large door.
"We meant for this to be a gift to you come summer, please, rest." The Homonculi motion towards the newly built building. Despite it so hastily made it looks sturdy and quite cozy.
>Accept
>Decline, return home
>Other
>>
>>37380670
I don't know if we can but I would sure love to.
We should study it no matter the case. Possibly with the Homo's help, since they owe their very lives to us.
>>
>>37380714
>>Accept
Also, ask for BOOZE
>>
>>37380700
I'm suspecting this was his plan from the beginning, he called the flying thing "the green" and that's what he called this
>we're in deep shit with out some homoculli help
>>
>>37380714
Why didn't you MAKE THE BUILDING IN OUR REGION!?!
>>
>>37380670
Oh god no please not a tentacle arm
>>
>>37380745
I'm guessing their hoping to co-opt us into their community like the humans. It's not necessarily a bad idea as long as we don't submit to their will like the humans seem to be.
>>
>>37380714
>accept, ask for medical help, food, drink and warmth. and maybe someone to come out and sing
>>
>>37380714
Accept Rest for the neight and return the next day
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>37380714
Accept ask if they can tend to the wounded guy we have no way to help him also ask for one arm they are technologically eaons ahead of us
>>
>>37380745
Have hunters stay there for short time, gather food supplies for home
Then invite them to move to us come spring for safety and such
Also I'm out giant bros gotta get me some mom's and such
>>
>>37380775
We just took down a monster and they expect us to submit to THEM? Un-fucking-likely.

Unless they did some weird science stuff and actually made The Green
>>
>>37380714
Ask if they have a healer to help our wounded. Stay in the hut until rested adn return home.

Bring home an eye or a tooth of the beast home for Rukova's Death Shrine.
>>
>>37380818
add this to mine she needs to make sure they are the same corpse as the tendril... otherwise theres 2
>>
>>37380788
>>37380831
Seconded.
>>
Your hunters step into the building, the space is a bit cramped, your heads almost touching the low roof. The wounded hunter is brought inside and laid out on the one large mammoth pelt in the room. "Forgive us for not having a proper way to heat this. For the time being we will bring a coil to keep it heated." The Homunculi notices your wounded. "Would you like your wounded tended to?" Your scouts nod and with another wave of their hands a quartet of humans come inside, their snow white tunics making them hard to see int he Dark. The humans climb over your wounded hunter, their tools look better suited for carpentry than surgery. One of them gets your scout to open his mouth, the human drops a fistful of white powder down his throat and almost instantly your giant relaxes. Using large needles and thread they sew your wounded brother closed before shuffling back out into the Dark.

Jyoti steps back out into the freezing air and heads over to The Green. All around it lights are burning, a dozen humans saw at its crystallized limbs with strange saws. Only then does Jyoti notice the humans arent speaking. At the foot of The Green a single homonculis stands, silently observing the work.
>Speak
>Ignore the humans and Homonculi
>Back inside
>Other
>>
>>37380916
Ask if they know what the Green was. If they knew how it was created.

(I'm gonna fucking guess it's an experiment gone wrong by their Master)
>>
>>37380916
Why are they disecting the...they can't seriously mean to eat some manawarped abomination can they?!
>>
>>37380916
Ask what they are doing with the beast.
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>37380916
Speak say we need a trophy dont tell them its for a necromancer... those tend to be frowned upon

Its a.... Tribal tradition... yeah that
>>
>>37380916
Ask them what they're doing. Also, see if we can extract anything to uh...experiment...with from the Green
>>
>>37380916
We need a trophy!!! Also ask for the building to be moved
>>
Did we say that they can saw at our statue? The nerve of some people!

>>37380969
>>37380953
These. Could we flash freeze and make a spear or something of its blood? It might be powerful.

>>37380948
Maybe Homos eat mana?
>>
>>37380991
ooooh, bloodsicle spear
>>
"What are your people doing?" Jyoti stands almost twice the size of the Blue-skin and with a voice like breaking glaciers. Yet the small man hardly seems to notice, turning to face your Mystic. "We are gathering its parts for scientific reasons. We wish to finds its origins and genus before reducing it to neutrino paste for our serfs. You have our thanks for ridding us of this horrible beast, but I must concentrate to work on such a delicate task." Many of the words seem like gibberish to you but Jyoti nods anyway. "I need to take a trophy, for the tribe." He says, before walking towards the frozen beast and pulling one of its eyes from its flesh.
"Thank you again, Giant. I hope we can grow closer for this." Then he is silent again, the humans working more smoothly.
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>37381057
wait out the night there and prepare to move in the morning. ask for supplies of food and maybe some of those coils as a reward
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>37381057
Definetly want to ask them about the relationship between them and the humans next spring maybe tell them how we were kicked from our home by humans so we are weary.

Ask for coils cause damn thats fucking nice.
prepare to leave in the morning ask for an escort with a light so we dont become lost AGAIN
>>
>>37381144
If they give us a coil or two, we can probably make our way home with it lighting the way.
But yeah, rest up. Collect our shit. Move out.
>>
>>37381057
Oh ya. Ask for some kinda reward.
>>
>>37381057
Ask for a few long lasting coils and head for the cave when rested. There is no morning during the Long Night
>>
The night was spent drinking the strange Homonculi mead and eating dried fruits and vegetables, a rare treat for your kind. After a long sleep your hunters wake up and gather together. When they open the door they find a Homonculi standing there. "Did you sleep well, Giants?" He seems rather chipper for being out in the cold. "If you intend to head home I strongly advise food and provisions for your journey!" He motions towards your giants and a group of humans shuffle forward. Upon their backs are huge baskets, about the size of your hands. Shouldering their burden off they stand around a moment before being waves off by the Homonculi. "Theres a glowtorch for each of you, Im afraid we couldnt make them size appropriate but that shouldnt matter!" He reaches inside one of the packs and pulls out a pinky sized rod, it comes to life at his touch, producing a bright white light from one end. "Im afraid we cant offer you much more in reward til spring, just remember to come by then please!" With that he steps back, letting your giants pick up their baskets and walks with you to the edge of town. "Goodbye Giants! We hope to see you again!" He yells
>>
File: jyoti.jpg (264KB, 792x727px) Image search: [Google]
jyoti.jpg
264KB, 792x727px
That badass moment deserves some drawfaggotry of Jyoti and his Mammoth spear. I never do digital, so I kinda suck, but someone had to do it, even if it's just a quick sketch. I might take a little more time to do a better one of the battle in a little bit.
>>
File: whiterun-plains.jpg (519KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
whiterun-plains.jpg
519KB, 1920x1080px
I think I gotta call it here guys. Slow is all burnt out n such. Ill stick around for a bit if anyone has questions/suggestions. A mini Q&A if you will.
>>
If this was Orc civ we'd freeze to death on the way home...
>>
>>37381250
Sing a merry song while we trudge back home
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>37381279
Is there more then one the green you called it the green as the thing above us and this thing but was that narrator or the giants saying that. And was the tendril from the green or nah
>>
>>37381275
I fuckin love it.
>>37381283
Whos to say we wont?
>>37381296
Im sure there will be many songs when we start again.
>>
>>37381279
Thanks for running tonight, that was action packed, I was sure we were all dead at least twice tonight.
>>
>>37381306
Is there an archive or something I can go to to catch up on stuff?

And when's the next thread?
>>
>>37381275
That's really good! Far better than anything I can do, that's for sure.
>>37381279
Thanks for running this, Slowbro!
>>
Remember guys we need to get some metalworking going asap. OP hinted that much.
>>
>>37381313
I always roll against you guys, and you happened to beat my ass on some crucial rolls
>>37381340
Ill be running again tomorrow around 3-4ish EST
>>
>>37381306
Can i become a badass one armed smith next thread?

And we're still so low on population, is there any chance we can find refugees?
>>
>>37381360
I vote 4 cause I'm greedy and wont miss AS much...
>>
>>37381275
Love it.

>>37381343
Now that we have the aid of the Homun's we can do that in earnest come spring. Get some seeds for our cavern farms we will make

OK SLOW, I keep mentioning thsi and hope I'm not being annoying but,
Troll Pelt Farming after using reanimate flesh, Possible or Nay?
>>
>>37381360
I have the day off so I'll keep an eye out.
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>37381387
this
rolling for starts at 4 est
>>
>>37381396
Youll have to try to find out~!
>>37381374
If we end up with a smith and youre around Ill have you first in mind.
>>37381407
Always happy to have you.
>>37381387
>>37381419
If I am busy during the day you will have your vote!
>>
>>37381448
I wanna be a thing!
>>
>>37381448
Done any Quest thread before?

Also, archive for me to catch up?
>>
I've been following this civ since the second thread and I have to say, this must be one of the best I've seen. You are a great writer, Slow.
>>
>>37381448
What about the possibility of other giants?

And can i eventually get a replacement arm? :D
>>
Qeustion for you slow
When do i get wrote in!
Do i need to change my name :P
>>
>>37381475
Make some winning suggestions and some power rolls. You too can be like Jyoti and Rukova!
>>37381477
You know it!
http://4archive.org/tg/thread/37263290
http://4archive.org/tg/thread/37287139
http://4archive.org/tg/thread/37311233
>>37381492
Thank you so much! I love knowing I have repeat players! Im flattered you think Im a good writer! I quite love this story.
>>37381519
Up to them!
Up to magic!
>>37381530
You need a new name think "Title" and you need to do some good suggestions and powerful rolls.
>Our great hunters need names!
>>
>>37381560
Aw shit, thanks for the archives!
>>
>>37381600
Happy to help!
>>
>>37381560
but i rolled crit success on ice quartz mining lol
ill watch over for my next crit roll
>>
I think this is our longest thread yet. Mah gawd
>>
You get written in for that? I should have namefagged sooner.
>>
>>37381645
not even close we had a thread that was active for like 8 hours
>>
>>37381644
Give yourself a miner name! Or an inventor-y title! Id love either
>>37381666
I fucking love namefags. So yes.
>>
>>37381674
No freakin way!
Thats awesome!
>>
>>37381677
Well piss... Guess I better win something sometime.
>>
>>37381712
someone crit rolled research earlier didnt they
>>37381698
can you list our stats? or is there a pastebin
>>
>>37381745
crit roll earlier was on bardism Thatguy got it.
>>
>>37381745
I rolled a six...
>>
>>37381784
Sadly, you want low for research. It determines how many turns it takes.
>>
Temperature: 0/10 Deadly
Population: 10 Giants
Livestock: 6 Mammoth Sows, 1 Mammoth Bull
Leader: Elder Grulin
Characters of Note: Mjolski the Boisterous Bard, Rukova the Dread-Witch, Jyoti Iceblood, Chtol Frostwalker THE CHILD
Structures: Ice Quartz Mining, 1 Watch-House, 1 Small Storehouse (3 Giant Capacity) Deep Cave (20 Giant Capacity)
Technology: Crude Music, Masonry, Food Preservation, Basic Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Ice Crystal harvesting, Basic Herbalism, Basic Smithing, Lobster Traps, Carpentry
Diplomacy: Southern Homunculi
Morale: Good (6/10)
Frost Spells:Moderate attuned
>Icy Veins - Enchant the caster, making their blood as ice and granting massive resistance to all forms of physical harm.
>Flash Freeze - Turn a small amount of fluid into its natural frozen state. Will melt normally
Necromancy Spells:Moderate Attuned
>Reanimate flesh (Turns rotten materials back into fresh usable materials)
>Life Binding - When cast on a complete corpse will be reanimated to life, corpse will lack any initiative or skill. Drains heavily on caster.
>SoulBind - Bind a souls energy to a fetish, this process takes some time and kills the original host
Weapons: 3 Hardwood Clubs, 9 Large Ice Quartz Axes, 24 Ice Quartz Spears
Stockpile: 12 Barrels of Homonculi mead, Ragged Wheet Seeds, 2 Giant Skeletons, 7 Hardwood, 2 Trollfat, 3 Troll bile, 1 troll pelt, 6 Mammoth hide tunics, 6 BrightLights (Homonculi torches), 12 Homonculi baskets
Landmarks: Deep Cave, Mossy Cavern, Ice Quartz Cavern, Death Altar

>The Tribe's stats atm
>>
>>37381698
Maragras Ice-Pick
>>
>>37381807
Oh I know. It was more the fact I got the opposite of a crit win.
>>
>>37381848
I dont know if any of you remembered, but we totally ditched the wheat that was growing. Gonna have to start again in the spring!
>>37381861
You must be one of the second gen! Love it
>>
>>37381876
Hoping the Homons will help with the growing.
I also really wanna catch some buffalo.
>>
all I got going for me is lobster trap checking lel.
>>
>>37381904
Speaking of the Homonculi, I fucking love how worried people are about them!
You shoudnt tempt me!
>>
>>37381876
Can i get added in? i was the namefag Anon in the q&a and a couple threads before that
>>
>>37381876
i remembered that when i was reading this thread

Yes i can deal with this>>37381947
I TOLD THEM THEY COULD TRUST THEM
>>
>>37381947
I told ya bro. It's like Pocahontas in here. Everything is going to kill us and they're all savages
>>
Keep in mind that this spring will be the first non-tutorial spring so far. Same with summer! Hope everyone is as excited as I am!
>>
>>37382087
Very excited
Then we can make smelters and get the fuck to work.
>>
>>37382087
was it your threads CM that had what we could currently research? If so why'd you take that out :(
>>
>>37382173
Sadly no, Im not smart enough to plan that far ahead, but I should
>>
RIP thread, you were a good un.
Goodnight everyone!
>>
>>37382234
I've got a couple ideas guys.
Once we get smelting and actual iron weapons going we can edge them in the ice quartz to make them extra formidable.
We should make wayyyyy more ice quartz javelins given how easy it is to make them, A second spear/staff for Rukova is in order i think.

We should find a way to bring more water into the cave later on to make the mossfarms bigger for next winter. Increasing our mammoth and buffalo stocks is also needed. The homunculi are probably gonna help us with farming next spring so thats good.
>>
File: jyoti2.jpg (268KB, 1296x792px)
jyoti2.jpg
268KB, 1296x792px
If anyone's still around, here's one more sketch for the road.
>>
>>37382418
Niiiice. Save for next thread too
>>
>>37382418
Jyoti is essentially Tryndamere with a spear k.
Does that make rukova lissandra
and on that i am sleepy gnight
>>
>>37382418
saved it and if youd take a request, Id really love a picture of Rukova and Jyoti doing a ritual. I love you LONG time!
>>
>>37382498
Haha, I'll see what I can do, I slept like 3 hours last night and it's starting to hit me, but I'll work on it tomorrow.
>>
Hey slowbro, hoping to get written in next thread, great writing
>>
>>37382837
see you then! Tomorrow 3-4pm EST is when I plan on starting
Thread posts: 394
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.