[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CRPGs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 287
Thread images: 28

File: character sheet.jpg (123KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
character sheet.jpg
123KB, 800x600px
Can we have a CRPG thread?

What have you been playing lately? Anything based on tabletop rules?

No, this isn't my character. Found it on a Google image search.
>>
>>37342699
Those portraits are oddly adorable.

I want to see the whole set.
>>
The fuck's a CRPG?
>>
>>37342730
It stands for "Computer RPG" but refers mostly to computer games based on tabletop RPG rules, and games which play very similar to said games despite not being based on any actual tabletop RPGs.

Examples include the Baldur's Gate games, the Icewind Dale games, the Neverwinter Night games, Planescape: Torment, Fallout 1 & 2, and more recently, Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall, Wasteland 2, and Divinity: Original Sin, among others.
>>
>>37342728
Sadly, I can't seem to find more. The blog page that image was on doesn't even mention the portraits.
>>
>>37342699
Started Planescape: torment. Pretty good, but i haven't played in a while, so eyes getting tired pretty quickly with all this "old-school" grapics on the modern monitor.
I heard divinity is pretty good, should i give it a try?
>>
>>37342994
>should i give it a try?
Yes. You should.
>>
>>37342728
I would second this.
>>
>>
Artist's name is Pennae, as you can see.
>>
>>37343247
Awesome. Thanks. Are those all the right size?
>>
>>37342994
It's going to be known as a classic very soon. It's damned good.
>>
File: bg_chars_again_by_Pennae.jpg (270KB, 800x1179px) Image search: [Google]
bg_chars_again_by_Pennae.jpg
270KB, 800x1179px
>>37343268
Forgot the picture.
>>37343271
Dunno. Just google'd them, never actually tried user-portraits in Baldurs Gate.
>>
>>37343289
>>37343247

>Dat Mazzy

Because she wasn't cute enough to begin with

Although I miss her kinky hair.
>>
I want to do some modding to make my own CRPG content. What game is has the best modding support?
>>
>>37343388
Try neverwinter nights.
>>
>>37342994
Download Big World Setup on SHSforums
They have list of mods that can help with widescreen and solve bugs.

Lot of the mods are modular
Find the mod install guide in Thunderpeel2001 blog from google decide what to install and not.
>>
>>37343388
Divinity: Original Sin has NWN+ levels of customization and flag mucking about.
>>
>>37343418
I should have said BWS can install multiple mods at once.
>>
>>37343411
Want something turn-based.
>>37343433
That might work. It's too bad I'm broke right now and don't like to torrent new games when I could support the creators, thus encouraging more games to be made.
>>
>>37342699
Stat-based Turn based Strategy called Dead State. I'm not sure it exactly qualifies, and it's still kind of new in development, but I have put a lot of hours in so far and would recommend it.
>>
>>37343466
Dead State counts.
>>
I'm torn between finishing off Dragonfall: Director's Cut, but Eiger's mission is super lame and bores me to tears, and Planescape Torment, which I do not like starting initially. Fucking Pharod and his junk throne.
>>
What do you think about Lionheart? Seems like between arcanum, fallout and planescape it was forgoten, but it looks like pretty much the same quality as those heavyweights.
>>
>>37343550
Never played it. I'll add it to my backlog, though.
>>
OP here. Going to go to bed. I hope there are people around who enjoy CRPGs as much as I do to keep talking and this thread is still here when I get back.
>>
>>37343550
The first city was pretty good, then it all became super boring
>>
File: Guaranteed replies.png (2MB, 1862x938px) Image search: [Google]
Guaranteed replies.png
2MB, 1862x938px
>>37343247
>>37343289
Obligatory portrait pack.
>>
File: Tiberian Sun.jpg (331KB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Tiberian Sun.jpg
331KB, 1919x1079px
>>37342994
Get a widescreen mod, if you haven't already. Some games from that era still look pretty good in modern resolutions.
>>
File: look boo a faggot.jpg (11KB, 209x328px) Image search: [Google]
look boo a faggot.jpg
11KB, 209x328px
>>37342699
And from all the possible ones you picked this one?
>>
>>37343873
That's...frighteningly accurate.
>>
>>37343873

It fits.

Viconia is totally played by a dude.
>>
>>37343873
So does that mean Keldorn is the Baldur's Gate-est of all the Baldur's Gate characters?
>>
>>37343873
I guess it fits, other than the Corruption of Champions one
>>
>>37343873
>3.5 players are smarter than the system allows.

>GURPS players proselytize while being unable to actually live up to any expectation of them.

I can dig it.

>>37347932
That joke wasn't even funny when it was new.
>>
>>37342699
>>37342728
>>37342889
>>37343096
>>37343247
>>37343271
>>37343289
>>37343314
>replace perfectly good art with shitty tumblr-tier doodles

Don't.
>>
>>37347932
>Corruption of Champions
Really? That's the first thought you have when you see CoC, not Call of Cthulhu?
>>
>>37347932
Your newness is showing.

>>37347995
It's how you can tell someone has only been here for a week.
>>
>>37348005
I'm really sorry for not keeping up with all the mediocre jokes around here.
>>
>>37348039
>mediocre jokes
It's an acronym. So commonly used on this board and most other RPG forums that "Call of Cthulhu" would be the go-to association when seen.

Try harder.
>>
>>37348005

And also that they're a fucking furfag.
>>
>>37342791
Why the fuck isn't this in /v/ or /vg/?

This is about as far from /tg/ as it can get.
>>
>>37348096
/v/ and /vg/ are shit, that's why.
>>
File: get educated newfags.gif (40KB, 300x580px) Image search: [Google]
get educated newfags.gif
40KB, 300x580px
>>37348096
An excessive amount of them run on /tg/-rulesets, are based on /tg/-related fluff (fluff in general tends to be /tg/-related anyway), and/or are related enough to either of the above in some way that they get a free pass.
>>
>>37348172
So go make the boards NOT shit by posting good things. Good conversation usually begets good conversation, even on places that "are shit". By the way, both of those places still have decent conversations about /tg/ related vidya.

>>37348211
>video games
>based on traditional games
>so it belongs in traditional games

So it makes sense to post about video game TTRPGs on /v/, right? That wouldn't be blatantly retarded and have everybody telling me to go to /tg/?

You're the newest newfag of them all. We don't call these threads CRPGs, we call them /tg/ vidya godammit. I was here before it was GG!
>>
>>37348298
I didn't once call them CRPGs, and hey, if the mods weren't such raging fags I'm sure /v/ would have bitching 40k threads all the time. So I'm not really sure what you're point is.
>>
>>37348327
I'm going to go to /v/ to make a Warhammer 40k: Space Marine thread just to spite you.
>>
>>37348337
Commander keen says you are stypid!
>>
>>37348337
How is that spiteful? /v/ has really good off-topic threads.

Start up a Stargate thread and watch.
>>
>>37348355
>>37348357
Really I'm just looking for excuses to be sour.
>>
>>37343873
>The Average Players
>Players
>Not characters
>>
>>37348211
what is albion? its the only game on the list i didn't recognize
>>
>>37348459
Turn based rpg where the player is a scout for a mining ship about to land. Player's shuttle crash lands on the planet and finds indigenous aliens. Rather good.
>>
>>37347973
>Good art.

That's a good one. Imoen looks like she is in a cyberpunk biker gang.
>>
>>37349816

You say that like it's bad
>>
>>37348298
>So it makes sense to post about video game TTRPGs on /v/, right? That wouldn't be blatantly retarded and have everybody telling me to go to /tg/?
If you posted on /v/ about a Halo or Super Mario tabletop RPG or something, there's a 50% chance it would be ignored, a 25% chance they would shit-fling about it, and a 25% chance there'd be a good thread. Just like if you posted about anything else /v/-related or otherwise.

Meanwhile, /co/ has threads about movies based on comic books all the time. And /tg/ has had threads about CRPGs for a long time.

And CRPG is an older term for them than "/tg/ vidya."
>>
Bumping this thread with a question.

How is Warmachine: Tactics? Anybody played it?
>>
>>37349816
Yeah, but Imoen isn't great altogether. But don't say for a second that Keldorn, Minsc, Viconia, and Edwin aren't excellent.

Jon Irenicus looks like he walked out of Mad Max.
>>
>>37352612
>Imoen isn't great altogether

what you say!
>>
>>37352624
You're waifu a shit is what I say.
>>
>>37348298
Why don't you stop being a faggot and just hide the thread if it offends you so much?
>>
>>37352644
but anon, think of the romance!
>>
Is 90 okay for a "total roll" for my first time through BG2? I'm making a CG Dwarf Barbarian.
>>
>>37352865
provided you have 18s for str, dex and con, you'll be fine anon.

Though it's usually advisable to get at least 10 in int as well. Fucking Illithids.
>>
Any good mods for BG2:EE? Kits, portrait packs, everything I can add that makes the game even more awesome without dramatically changing the feel.
>>
>>37352588

The AI is pretty retarded but the gameplay is solid. Only good for multiplayer really...
>>
>>37352706
The imoen romance is the second worst mod I've ever played, and it's only second because someone tricked me into trying out Saerileth.
>>
File: deargodwhat.jpg (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
deargodwhat.jpg
91KB, 800x600px
>>37353567
you poor bastard
>>
File: Deargodwhat2.jpg (172KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Deargodwhat2.jpg
172KB, 800x600px
>>37353597
>>
>>37353617
>>37353597
Seventeen god damn dialogue options, probably about twelve of which is saying the same damn thing with different phrasing.

I kind of admire how much of a colossal waste of time that is.
>>
>>37352706
>go on roughly slapping her face in a frenzy

I'M GETTING SLAP HAPPY!
>>
>>37353597
>>37353617
Someone actually sat down and made this mod. Someone wrote this dialogue.
Is it bad that I almost want to play this mod ?I want to know what other horrors it contains
>>
>>37353794
I've often been tempted to do a "Worst of Baldur's Gate Modding Community" screenshot LP.

It's stopped by the fact that I haven't the stomach for scraping the depths and inflicting that on one of my all time favorite games.
>>
>>37353597
>>37353617
It's fascinating that, with all that, there's absolutely no option to just not give a shit.
>>
>>37353843
Honestly, I don't think you'd need to. The top three are ones we all know about;
1) Sarelith
2) Imoen Romance
3) Chloe

you don't really need to dig much lower, those are the only revoltingly standout ones.

There are other bad ones, but mostly they're just generically bad, astoundingly bland or mechanically broken.
>>
>>37354025
You'd have to have a running vote tally to see which girl the players will romance. And simulate the corresponding fallout of party disintegration.
>>
>>37354025
>Chloe
Never heard of this one before. What kind of character is it ?
>>
>>37354025
What's so bad about these?
>>
>>37354025
What's so bad about Saerileth? I tried loooong ago and I don't remember anything.
>>
>>37353794
>>37354148
the highlights are

1) the bitch won't even romance you if you haven't got a charisma of 17+
2) she's a 15 year old chosen one of Tyr
3) She railroads you into a romance/wedding and (I think) you lose reputation if you reject her. She certainly leaves if you don't go through with it
4) she speaks in ye olde English, despite the fact that literally nobody else does.
5) she literally dies of a broken heart if you fuck Phaere in the Underdark
6) she destroys the Ring of Gaxx is she's given it
7) all the other female romance options turn into shrieking, OOC, evil harpies.
8) see >>37353597 and >>37353617 for the general standard of writing she gets
9) everyone not a romantic rival worships the ground she walks on
>>
>>37354188
Is it possible to uninstall a mod? I just installed this along with a bunch of others, not knowing this.

I just saw "young, beautiful, romanceable Paladin" and was like "cool, holy romance!" but this sounds awful.
>>
>>37354094
Lolsorandumb/quirky Half goddess OP thief.

Nowhere near as obnoxious or as obtrusive as Saerelith, but still has plenty of bullshit sprinkled in. Like stealing from one of the shadow thief leaders for no reason other than to show how awesome she is
>>
>>37354188
1) Young girl
2) Legit point. Fuck Tyr, fuck that guy. Helm is the boss of me!
3) Women
4) Legit point
5) Best girl
6) Legit point. What a bitch
7) see 3)
8) Meh, I read War and Peace in 30 minutes

9) So a regular Mary Sue. That's irritating but so far it does seem as awful as the Imoen Mod.
>>
>>37354261
>stealing from one of the shadow thief leaders for no reason other than to show how awesome she is
Does she say this is her reason in-character? Because character flaws are fine.
>>
>>37354326
She sounds like a Kender, which is punishable by death.
>>
>>37354288
>7) see 3)
I could have phrased that better.
I meant that the mod itself moulds them into this, not that she treats them as such.
IIRC, she stays holier than thou while the mod forces you to side with her or take a retardedly spiteful rejection of her.
>>
>>37354381
I'm just saying, if she's some immature kid who wants to prove her worth so she ends up starting trouble, it's forgivable if she actually learns from it or grows throughout the story.

Kender are like that but they never learn.
>>
Bought Baldurs gate 1 a while back and couldnt finish it, same for fallout 1&2 which I got as part of a package fallout deal. Still playing shadowrun: dragonfall and having some fun, but its getting thin.

Seems like a lot of these games are very simplistic. The writing seems above average for the genre as a whole compared to other rpgs, but freedom is limited and mechanics are either uninteresting or quickly become uninteresting due to constant repetition. Is this genre just not suited for me or have I just picked the wrong ones?

I tend to enjoy lots of options, customization, and good writing more than anything.
>>
>>37354326
>>37354405
It's the Mod telling you she's supposed to be awesome.

That other anon has it right; she's pretty much portrayed as That Guy and his Kender.
>>
File: bill.jpg (176KB, 1200x783px) Image search: [Google]
bill.jpg
176KB, 1200x783px
>>37354405
>Kender are like that but they never learn.

They can learn with a little help.
>>
>>37354427
Another thing to consider is that the limited choices you have may be partly because of social stats. Higher CHA means more social options. Give Planescape: Torment a shot, with a high CHA score.

Also, try Fallout with a ludicrously low INT.
>>
Supposing I want to practice my Spanish, what's a good turn-based CRPG that I could play?
>>
So, the Imoen romance mod sucks, but how's the Imoen friendship mod?
>>
>>37354583
Funny you should ask this. I'm looking for the same.
>>
Bamp!
>>
>>37354427
in what sense do you feel limited?

Limited by character/party building (I.E, you feel it's pointless branching out into interesting builds)?
Limited by exploration ?
Limited by speech?
Limited by how to go about quests?
>>
>>37354617
It just adds a few conversations, nothing crazy. I'd say it's decent.
>>
>>37355517
Mostly exploration and quests, but everything you listed to an extent. The cRPGs I've played have a very linear path set in place for the player, and the kind of character you want to play basically just sprinkles some extra flavor on it here and there rather than changing the way things work. You generally notice a pattern of ~3 dialog options that fit ~3 predictions the makers had for what kind of character you wanted to be, and the entire premise of narrative immersion depends on one of them lining up with what you were trying to do. Obviously it is impossible to have a dialog cover every possible approach, but when dialog choice is the only meaningful choice you have to express your character with in a way the game recognizes (they generally don't react much to mechanical build) it gets dull.
>>
>>37348005
I knew of Cthulhu (the game and Lovecraft in general) long before Corruption of Champions, and don't even really play the latter, but I still associate it with CoC first.
>>
I've been playing The Witcher.
That seems to have done a grown-up take on fantasy done right. People are arseholes, swearing isn't over-done but it's there much like normal conversations irl, consequences are a thing, and the history nerd in me enjoys the pretty believable take on the inhabitants of the world and how it's set out, and the weaponry on show. If I were running a fantasy rpg I'd certainly take a lot of inspiration from it.

I've also been playing Daggerfall. Again, fairly grown up, less so than The Witcher but more so than other Elderscrolls games. Mostly from boobs though. It's a much more ambitious game than I've seen in a long while. And the world of course, is really the foundation work of all following elderscrolls stuff with how much of the lore it established. Not so much that I'd take direct inspiration from though.
>>
Got it, Imoen Romance is a no go
Is there a good Neeshka Romance mod for NWN2?
>>
>>37355947
There's only one NWN2 romance mod that I know of. I don't know about the content for male PCs, but considering the Bishop romance is apparently cringey and OOC (haven't done it myself, but I've seen a few screenshots), and the Casavir one is bugged (it's a shame, because he's the best husbando), I wouldn't expect much from the Neeshka romance.
>>
File: The Lady of Pain.jpg (378KB, 805x1200px) Image search: [Google]
The Lady of Pain.jpg
378KB, 805x1200px
I'm playing Planescape: Torment for the first time. Just got out of Ravel's maze. I've gotta say, I'm enjoying this game a lot. Sigil's a bit hard to navigate, though. Thank God for automapping.

Also Morte is best companion.

>>37355922
Are you playing The Witcher 1 or 2? I love the second, but I couldn't quite get into the first one. I wanted to, but the combat kinda turned me away.
>>
>>37357193
The first, will get to 2 at some point and then if it's as good as expected, the third. The combat is a bit weak but the rest of the game is carrying it well.

Planescape is on the list to play too. Replayed Icewind Dale/Heart of Winter for the first time in about 12 years. That game does not hold up to the sequel, which just does pretty much everything it does but with more polish, style and character.
>>
>>37349816
I thought it was supposed to show how damaged she is from the experiments
Aerie though has no excuse, and jon irenicus looks really fucked up too
>>
>>37353567
>Saerileth
>Its worse then imoen romance
tell me more about this horrible thing? (I am not man enough to play it myself if its worse than imoen romance, sorry)
>>
>>37354242
>Is it possible to uninstall a mod?
It is possible but it is almost certain to corrupt your game.
You need to restart the game (ideally you would actually like to reinstall the game and then install the mods you really want from scratch.)
This game is very modded because of its fandom, the engine was not built for modding at all
>>
>>37354400
You worded it properly, third party here, it was perfectly obvious to me that what you meant was "installing that mod modifies ALL the other female love interests to sabotage them into undesirable evil harpies"
>>
Been replaying Baldurs Gate 2: EE lately, stuck on the Balor in the Underdark.

Also playing Divinity: Original Sin and it can be hard as balls.
>>
>>37357945
spam lower resistance, send in summoned cannon fodder, then magic missile it to death.

When in doubt, always revert to this tactic.
>>
CG Half-Orc Fighter/Cleric in BG2.

Stats: 19/10/19/10/18/10

Acceptable?
>>
>>37354476
By help, you mean hammer through the skull, right?
>>
>>37357740
http://lparchive.org/Baldurs-Gate/
This guy played through most of it, not expecting it to get as bad as it did. She gets dealt with wonderfully at certain point in a way that makes far more sense than the mod itself makes otherwise.
>>
>>37359192
If that's for your character, you'll want a high charisma since it influences shop prices and has a few minor effects on dialog.

>>37357945
I'm guessing you don't have any weapons with a high enough enchantment bonus to damage it? Try Bolt of Glory - it does crazy damage to demons and IIRC it ignores spell resistance. Alternatively, lower resist spam and hit it with whatever damage spells until it's dead.
>>
>>37353713
>I kind of admire how much of a colossal waste of time that is.

It was a better time friend. When you could play a bioware game gave you more choices then Angry Silly and Boring. It was about roleplaying a character. not just making choices that matter.
>>
>>37355947
>Is there a good Neeshka Romance mod for NWN2?
I just used my imagination based on the scraps of it that were left over.
Heck, the ending where she is able to break free of mind control MADE ESPECIALLY FOR HER out of pure devotion to you, was good enough for me
>>
Does anyone else just install Baldur's Gate Trilogy mods with Big World Setup?
It crashed and became unplayable so many times that I learned to be sexually aroused by the prospect of reinstalling mods just to play Irenicus' dungeon again.
>>
>>37359907
That's what I do as well anon
I just mostly wanted the mod to add an ending to MotB where you go back to her
>>
>>37360111
You and I must be the same person Anon.
I spent the entire bit of MotB not giving a fuck and just wanting to get rid of the stupid curse so I could go off and chill in my castle with my Demon waifu.
And then the game decided that my decision to try and topple the wall of the faithless didn't matter, and instead of going home I was going off to conquer distant planes instead.
>>
>>37360294
I was a Tiefling Rogue my first game
It made my meeting with Neeshka amusing.
>>
>>37348096
>CRPGs aren't /tg/
You are the problem and you need to leave.
>>
>>37359350
the link says he is playing a non modded vanilla game
>>
File: Mazzy.jpg (22KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
Mazzy.jpg
22KB, 210x330px
was bummed you couldnt romance mazzy

best girl
>>
>>37361929
She was at least a genuinely likeable character without the bullshit drama and whinyness that defined the romance-ables in that game.
>>
>>37361703
My bad. It's BG2 that she's in.
http://lparchive.org/Baldurs-Gate-2-and-Throne-of-Bhaal/
>>
I've never played BG2 before. How's the Mazzy romance option? Might add that if she's genuinely likeable, because her portrait is cute. Other than that, I'll stick to vanilla for my first run through.
>>
Reinstalled Neverwinter Nights 1 and downloaded the Aielund Saga. First time playing. Shit's pretty good.
>>
>>37361929
My nigga.

Mazzy is the paladin of my heart.

Keldorn is the paladin in my party.

Minsc is the paladin of boot-to-arse.
>>
>>37359401

> high charisma

Not just getting the ring of charisma at the VERY BEGINNING OF THE GAME that sets your CHA to 18

Do you even play bg2???
>>
Friend has played Fallout 3 and NV. Hasn't played any of the older ones or other CRPGs. What's a good "entry level" CRPG for someone who's mostly played newer vidya?

Turn-based is preferable. Something not too terribly old as well. Maybe Divinity? Or is that too hard for a newbie?
>>
>>37364305
But don't do it if you've gone stupid and are wanting to try and do that Saerilith mod and actually have her as a precious waifu. That 17+ charisma requirement that's mentioned above? There's an event where you have to have it that high WITHOUT ANYTHING BOOSTING IT, and she'll leave forever if you don't.

If the mod was tweaked to fuck with the existing NPCs less and was made understanding that she's a shallow bitch, it'd be a lot more acceptable. Then you could just hate the character instead of the mod maker.
>>
>>37364656
That's pretty awful. Does she explicitly say in-character that she demands you be attractive without magic? How's it work?
>>
>>37365438
Some other dude who wants to be with her shows up and somehow temporarily blocks whatever magics are doing the charisma boost. If you have high enough anyway, you're all "yes, and still awesome enough" but if you don't then she's all "OH NOES, MY LOVE WAS APPARENTLY ALL FALSE."
>>
>>37365786
you know, at first it sounds absolutely unforgivably stupid
but then when i stop to think about it, what exactly is charisma? its personality. so it really was false love, you were wearing a magic item that altered your personality to project a false attractive personality instead of the pathetic neckbeard autism you really are
>>
>>37348096
>>37348298
No Anon, you're clearly the newfag, that's how it's always worked.
>>
>>37354476
I vaguely remember the first dragonlance novel I read having a kender that was a lot more... subdued. And she always wore gloves to cover some horrible maiming as a result of her early-life pilfering.

The answer to Kender training may very well be martial punishment.
>>
>>37348096
>>37348298
>people who clearly only just arrived and don't belong trying to force their opinions onto everyone else

Yeah, nah, get fucked.
>>
File: Anomen.jpg (64KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
Anomen.jpg
64KB, 210x330px
HI LADIES, SO I HEARD THAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT THE BEST ROMANCE CHARACTERS, RIGHT?
>>
>>37369977
Goddamnit, anomen, go to bed .

How the hell did you get on the internet, anyway?
>>
>>37364379
Original Sin? Lets put it this way, when it launched the forum was filled with threads about how it is too confusing and how there should be a skyrim/oblivion quest arrow in it.
>>
>>37354288
>>37354188
The only reason to play her mod is that it gives you a way to get an extra pair of Boots of Speed that doesn't feel like cheating.

10) If you want to enter the Demogorgon Shrine in the Underdark she leaves your party. What kind of a Chosen of Tyr outright refuses to go near an evil place if it's likely to mean you get to kill evil monsters? What the fuck mod author? I JUST WANT THAT ENCHANTED PLATE MAIL.

I think the only reason I'm sane after trying her out (I kinda went like>>37354242 without even noticing she was 15 until it was too late) and I lacked the charisma to romance her so I didn't see the worst of it.
>>
>>37359192
Not even remotely. You get full DEX modifiers to AC in BG no matter how much armor you have on. There is no reason whatsoever to have less than 18 DEX for a character that's meant to go near a melee. Yes, there are the bracers that give you DEX 18 but then you're limited to wearing those for the rest of the game and limitations like that are not good to start with.

CHA is mostly irrelevant to have because of the ring you can get right at the start and the price boost becomes irrelevant like one third of the way through the game so you can free up the ring slot.

Fighter/Cleric isn't a particularly good multi-class but that's not too important. Play the class you think will be the most fun to play for you.
>>
>>37369977
>best
>have to endure hours of an obnoxious whiny fedora bastard
I've never been able to stomach Anomen long enough to get to his personality reform. The starting personality is just too unlikeable.
>>
>>37370338
Combine him with Jan, or Keldorn.
The latter tries to help, and the former mercilessly takes the piss. Both make him a bit more bearable
>>
>>37369977
Is it bad that I really enjoyed his romance ? I like flawed, annoying characters who think they're much better than they actually are, and courtly love is my thing. Plus, what are the alternatives ? The Kelsey mod ? I found it undewhelming. I'm trying the Xan one in my current playthough, there's a lot of content and not just romance, but for some reason I'm not impressed.
>>
>>37342994
You mean Original Sin? Me and a friend, both fans of the original Divine Divinity, have been playing for 38 hours this week. I haven't played a game this genuinely fun since the 90s, despite the fact that I'm currently sick as shit of turn-based games.

I only regret not being part of the kickstarter.

I'm gonna shill this games until I die.
>>
>>37343247
Baldur's Gate: Down's syndrome edition.
>>
>>37370369
That seems legit. Been a while since I've played with either, I might try this out the next time I play.
>>
>>37370369
>Keldorn
>not letting him go back to his wife and family
As much as I like having him in my party, I can't break his heart like that.
>>
>>37343550

Lionheart COULD have been good.

Such wasted potential.
>>
>>37354491

Also Arcanum. That has some of the best dialogue options.
>>
>>37370589
I wanted to play the game really bad, but it lags like crazy on Windows 8. It makes moving from one point to another absolute agony. It's a shame because from what little I've played, it seemed well written.
>>
>>37370644

Man, back when it came out, I would've played it more if I hadn't been dealing with all sorts of college shit. Lost the disk later... I might try picking it up again at some point.
>>
>>37357719
Aarie is literally a inhuman sideshow freak with necrosis riddled wing-stumps.

I don't know what you were expecting?
>>
>>37370494
>implying Keldorn could rest easily knowing you were going off alone
>implying he could rest easily knowing Irenicus is on the loose.

He's Keldorn fucking Firecam. The man destined to fight off an army of fire giants single handedly as an old man, and earn the personal attention of Torm when he dies

I always gave him a day to sort shit out, then treated it as his retirement mission.
>>
>>37343247
I'm pretty sure some of the are Deep Ones, with their eyes that far apart.
>>
>>37349816
Still vastly superior to shitty tumblr scribbles.
>>
>>37370693
>Aarie is literally a inhuman sideshow freak with necrosis riddled wing-stumps.

Whose entire character can be pretty much summed up as >muh wings
>>
>>37370804
She gets better in ToB, IIRC.
There are also a few mods that tone her down a bit, and make her not leave because Korgan's being mean.

It's also hilarious seeing her get absolutely wrecked by Viconia
>>
>>37355922
Have you read the witcher books? I can only highly recommend them
>>
>>37342699
>What have you been playing lately? Anything based on tabletop rules?

Everoyne needs to check out Hand of Fate on steam. Its the fucking BEAST. everything i wanted from a semi-board-game based delver + storyline enabled fighty-funtimes with a slice and a dash of deckbuilding. Also the most fitting voice actor like, ever.

holy fuck that game sucked my week away
>>
>>37355922
The Witcher is one of my favorite settings and Geralt himself one of my favorite fantasy characters.

First time I saw him in a pic before reading any books or playing the games I though "Oh boy, this guy looks like some guy's Sephiroth self-insert". I was pleasantly surprised when I learned more about him.
>>
>>37371393
Does anyone else feel like they sort of slipped after Time of Contempt?

I remember enjoying The Last Wish the most, particularly the titular short, and when the wannabe knight gets rekt, all while the dwarf bro lets it happen
>>
Speaking of BG portrait packs, I really like this one.
>>
>>37372093
>dat Ajantis

n-no homo
>>
>>37372093
>Viconia
>Imoen 3
Aw hell naw
>>
>>37372093
Why do 2/3 look like they are constipated?
>>
File: Eldothkron.jpg (17KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
Eldothkron.jpg
17KB, 210x330px
Am I the only one who actually liked Eldoth and Skie?
>>
File: Skie.png (95KB, 199x312px) Image search: [Google]
Skie.png
95KB, 199x312px
>>37372372
Skie was adorable. It's a shame she sucked as a character.
>>
>>37372372
Skie the thieving cunt? Always ended up killing her after trying to play me out against innocent people.
>>
File: Safana.png (94KB, 199x312px) Image search: [Google]
Safana.png
94KB, 199x312px
>>37372431
Uh what? Skie was the innocent people. Are you thinking of Safana?
>>
>>37372372
IIRC, Eldoth was just your usual dick ass thief.

Or was he secretly hiding his Tiax/Quayle tier uselessness ?
>>
So who else abuses the two fat merchants in the Nashkel carnival?

I can't help but sell all my shit and then steal it back. Maximum shekels.
>>
>>37371237
>muh wings

>She gets better in ToB, IIRC.

Muh Babby.
>>
>>37372477
He was a better bard than Garrick but that doesn't say much.
>>
>>37362509
>>37364144
>>37361929
"But you can't romance a girl unless you save her from rape and help her move on from the trauma of her Dark Pastâ„¢"

And the only thing broken about Mazzy was DnD racism not allowing her to be a paladin, just like how it kept me from ever playing a ranger/druid.
>>
>>37364379
Shadowrun is turn based.

>>37369977
Shut up fantasy Riker, nooen likes you, even fantasy Picard only tolerated you out of duty.
>>
>>37372593
>And the only thing broken about Mazzy was DnD racism not allowing her to be a paladin, just like how it kept me from ever playing a ranger/druid.

Shadowkeeper, my negro.
>>
>>37372635
I have to play vanilla, once i start modding a game I'll keep tweaking to make everything perfect, which is impossible so I give up in disgust.

BG it was the inability to do a Ranger/druid, and I have no idea why I got stuck on that idea, animal companions, ranged combat an druid magics were all shit anyway.

Hell I spent nearly a year trying to create a monk in skyrim but every mod was either stupid OP, bundles with a ton of worthless shit, modular but only balance with everything enabled, or awfully done.
>>
>>37372679
>I have to play vanilla, once i start modding a game I'll keep tweaking to make everything perfect, which is impossible so I give up in disgust.

I know that feel. Wish I knew how to stop that from happening.

>ranged combat

Ranged combat in BG1 was insane.
>>
>>37372747
When everything has just a few d6 HD, a d8 or d10 longbow/crossbow is mad, but not exactly fun.
>>
>>37372635
This nigga gets it.
Modding yourself to have Irenicus' model that spams summon cow is a glorious experience.
Same with modding Minsc into a sorcerer, and Edwin as a muscle druid

Though you do need a bit of restraint with it.
>>
>>37371465
While I don't konw the english names for the books, I gotta agree that it slipped at some point.
I also don't know what to think about the timetravel / universehopping at ciris part.

But the books are still very enjoyable imo
>>
File: 1421079983512.jpg (106KB, 569x768px) Image search: [Google]
1421079983512.jpg
106KB, 569x768px
>install sword coast stratagems
>get outside of candlekeep
>go kite bears with imoen
>bears bumrush and rip us to shreds

always read the component list
>>
>>37348096
Hey, welcome to /tg/! Please enjoy your stay and try not to be much of an asshat.
>>
>>37352706
>She gapes

LEWD
>>
File: 1420744793781.jpg (55KB, 308x700px) Image search: [Google]
1420744793781.jpg
55KB, 308x700px
>>37373275
Not lewd enough.
>>
>>37372593
>But you can't romance a girl unless you save her from rape and help her move on from the trauma of her Dark Pastâ„¢
God I hated the Aerie romance. Whiny bitch.
>>
>>37353597
>>37353617
Wow. Good thing I never tried to romance her, when.
>>
Jaheira best girl.
>>
>>37372482
The abusing stuff part is largely what makes replaying the game fun to me. Stuff like going to kill Shoal the Nereid the first chance you get, collecting all the magic items as fast and effortlessly as you can, pickpocketing certain characters because you know they have good shit, stuff like that.

>>37372766
Well, it's a way to stay alive at least. Since melee tends to lead to even higher level characters getting randomly murdered.

>>37372679
>>37372747
I find it a pretty enjoyable experience in itself to mod a game so that it suits me. The satisfaction when it works out and you get to experience all the cool new shit you got from banging your head against the wall for hours with the mods is totally worth it. Just have to learn to draw the line somewhere, like when Skyrim starts to severely lag in all outside spaces you know you have to tone it down or get a better PC.
>>
>>37343388
try shadowrun returns
>>
>>37373719
>banging ur bro khalid's girl

thou art a knave
>>
>>37364305
To be honest I play with so many mods to make the game challenging that I've pretty much forgotten about all the cheap shit you can do in the vanilla game.
>>
>>37373719
>not giving Viconia the +6 dick of alignment change

never going to make it.
>>
>>37354242
Fucking play it dude. I had a blast. Not in a 'good' way but I was entertained.
>>
How's IWD:EE in terms of bugs and such now? I never had any of the big game-ending bugs in BG:EE/BG2:EE, but I'm still not super eager to take my chances if it's got a bunch of unpatched bugs. On the other hand, at least IWD had barely any mods, and losing compatibility with them was about the biggest con of the BG ones.
>>
>BG2 has a Boxxy soundset

kill me
>>
>>37374064
BG1 was so different with mods that take out most of the magic items. Suddenly you need to work hard to get A SINGLE +1 LONGSWORD and there's like a total of 3 charges in all the wands of fire in the game.
>>
>>37374452
I'd be more open to it if iron weapons didn't break all the time.
>>
>>37374398
>not making your own soundset

It's a whole new world when you play as Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar, Ace Rimmer or Commander Boreale.
>>
>>37370269
>it is too confusing and how there should be a skyrim/oblivion quest arrow in it.
Seems like a great game.
>>
>>37374538
They dont' break that often. Just carry a few extras with you. I must say I enjoyed the experience a lot because frankly the game is way too easy once you've played it vanilla a time or two.
>>
>>37374625
It almost too hard sometimes. Which is to say, fucking perfect.
>>
Guys I installed Baldur's Gate keeper and can't stop adding magic items and turning my characters into god like beings abd giving them bear or spider character models....

I...I think I need help
>>
>>37374922
Serves you right for playing gods
>>
>>37374922
Delete shadowkeeper. Nothing good will come of such power in mortal hands.
>>
>>37374036
Look, she clearly needs a man. I'm doing him a favor by taking care of his widow.

By the way, there was another thread about a third BG game being made, and somebody mentioned running around with Valen and Bodhi and killing shit. Is there a mod that makes Bodhi available as a party member? Because that sounds awesome - Bodhi's probably my favorite of all the BG villain characters.
>>
>>37375217
Too late i created a ranger/cleric and maxed stated 25 in every column, gave him 5 star proficiency in warhammer and flails, equipped him with Crom faer and flail of ages maxed, at lvl one with 4 movement and 5 attacks per round..... I'm not sorry

This is what it feels to have unlimited power
>>
File: 1421258552344.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1421258552344.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>mage has to cast friends just to get people to talk to him
>>
File: 1363855655175.png (1MB, 1019x881px) Image search: [Google]
1363855655175.png
1MB, 1019x881px
>>37375721
Child of murder indeed....
>>
Going to start divinity original sin, what kind of party i should make? Heard that mages are not required here and martials are much stronger, can i beat game with full-on berserker party?
>>
>>37374595
oh god I'm imagining the combat starts and the MC just starts screaming the action scene music that Digby makes
>>
>>37375781
Not familiar with the game engine at all. I thought it was two party total? I'm sure you'd want to mutlispec one of them to widen your effectiveness but that's classic rpg me thinking
>>
>>37375781
Class selection doesn't really matter much, it just decides your starting skills and stats but after that you can progress into any direction you want. "Multiclassing" isn't great I guess, a pure martial is much better than a martial who's dabbling in magic in general.

I disagree very much that martials are much stronger, some fights are very hard without magic. Magic has a lot of useful ground control.
I would I guess advice to stick to singleclass characters, dabbling in too many things ends up with weak characters. Do make sure you have access to most kinds of magic, it's really just very very useful.

Anyway, the game offers you very strong NPCs for both types.
>>
>>37375735
They capped the summons in BG/BG II EE and I've never been angrier
>>
>>37375924
>I'm sure you'd want to mutlispec one of them to widen your effectiveness but that's classic rpg me thinking
It really is better to just focus. Progressing your key abilities faster is more relevant than being able to do many things a little.

It's two PCs + maximum two NPCs.
>>
>>37375975
BG2 always had capped summons.
BG1 at least has some challenge when you can't swarm 40 skeletons over a fight.
>>
>>37375980
Ahh I didn't know you had npc members

In that case it's standard fighter/mage/rogue/healbot. I'm thinking old school final fantasy
>>
I forget, were there potion stores in BG2?

I'm going to need some way to jack up my wisdom so I can use Wish.
>>
>>37375924
It's two party, yes. Just wanted to try something other other than "mage+warrior".
>>37375952
Great, thanks. Then i guess mage and warrior it is.
>>
>>37376041
>final fantasy
>varied team
>not full fighter team
>ballstothewalls.png
>>
>>37376042
There's some I guess but can't remember any that I know for sure will sell what you want.
There's going to be plenty of lootable potions to buff Wisdom before you get anywhere near acquiring Wish anyway so why worry about it?
>>
>>37376041
If you want. I went with 1 pure martial, 1 martial with some magic and 2 mages who both knew a bit of healing. You don't absolutely need a rogue or a dedicated healbot.
>>
>>37376108
Fuck I wonder if a pure martial team could make it in BG2 or IWD. Gotta try sometime.
>>
>>37376151
Huh I'm interested in picking up the game
>>
>>37376200
If you liked BG or IWD at all you should.
>>
>>37376194
I don't know if there enough pure fighters in BG to pull that off.

Fightwr/fighter-theif/cleric/paladin/ranger could work probably.

IWD obviously offers full customization but it would be difficult
>>
>>37376194
You'd need Dispel Magic and spells to stop yourself from getting assfucked by any of the numerous monsters that throw out save or loses, like mind flayers, vampires, etcetera.

It's technically doable but it's horrible to play.
>>
>>37375781
Martials and spellcasters are both fucking awesome in that game. Spellcasters get more incredible effects, but martials genuinely hurt and aren't left out in the cold when it comes to utility.

It's a fully playable game no matter what your party is.
>>
>>37376332
There are only 2 pure fighters in BG2, that's why I said martials.

Something like Bhaalspawn, Minsc, Valygar, Keldorn, Mazzy. Add Korgan if you want a mixed-alignment party. Some things will be incredibly hard without an actully good tank but I'm thinking it's probably not too hard overall without difficulty mods. There's not much that can stand in the way once you get 6 characters who can Greater Whirlwind Attack.
>>
>make a BG2 character
>think "oh, shit, this character concept is golden"
>decide to make basically the same character for D&D game
>remember I'm not playing in a D&D game, and when this campaign ends in two weeks, I become GM
>kind of wish I was just playing again
>this will be three out of the last four games my group has had where I was the GM
>>
>>37376482
Keldorn is already the best source of Dispel Magic in the game, Vampires get nulled by a magic item. Mind Flayers are something of a problem but there's a way around everything.
>>
>>37375952
What about mostly martial, with a bit of magic to self-buff?
>>
>>37376482
>>37376537
Oh yeah and if you play with the Item Upgrade mod there are counter-Illithid items too, although they're pretty hard to assemble.
>>
>>37376541
Self-buffing isn't as useful as offensive casting. You really just want access to stuff that can stun enemies and stuff that can knock out opposing rangeds from far away even if you cant Charge them.

I'm sure you can beat the game fine with a party like that but genuinely what I found the most useful in magic by far are the spells and spell combinations that cause stuns and knockdowns.
>>
>>37364379

>What's a good "entry level" CRPG for someone who's mostly played newer vidya?

Wasteland 2.
>>
>>37376712
It's kind of balls hard, though. At least if you don't go "everyone uses assault rifles" and just suck it up with regards to ammo being scarce for the first part of the game.

Maybe on one of the easier settings with the weapon rebalance mod.
>>
>>37376756

>It's kind of balls hard, though.

...And? CRPGs were all difficult to a degree.
>>
>>37376822
That's true. Maybe I will recommend Wasteland 2. Still going to suggest the weapon rebalance mod because assault rifles and brawling being that much better than everything else is silly.
>>
Shadowrun Online any good?
>>
>>37376840

Assault rifles being better all-around is a fact, though.

>good power
>semi auto or full auto
>good ammo capacity
>not majorly heavy
>etc
>etc

They're bog standard, sure, they are are so for a reason.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BoringButPractical

I can't really weigh in on brawling, though.
>>
>>37374922
>>37375721
just keep to the cardinal rules. Only use Shadowkeeper if
1) it saves you doing an incredibly tedious thing you would have done anyway (I.E, rolling optimum stats, going halfway across the world for a quest item you forgot to pick up, etc)
2) To balance in game bugs/oversights (Like Imoen level freezing and becoming useless, or party dialogue not starting)
3) if it's really fucking funny.
>>
>>37376921
Yeah. I think game balance is more important than realism, though. Especially to a newcomer to the genre.

As far as brawling, I'll acknowledge that being able to punch someone to death would be useful in a combat situation, but I have a hard time believing that even an expert in some martial art would be able to single-handedly best someone who was equally skilled with the knife in their hand. Basically, at high levels brawling does ludicrous damage.
>>
>>37376961
I wanted to use it to make my character bald like his portrait, but I don't know what to use for a bald half-orc, so I just have him wear a helmet all the time.
>>
File: 1362075291894.jpg (78KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1362075291894.jpg
78KB, 240x240px
>>37376921
> http://tvtropes.org/
>>
File: image.jpg (5KB, 110x170px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5KB, 110x170px
>>37375593
Bodhi can potentially join you in the closing act of Throne of Bhaal to help fuck up the end boss if you have the Ascension mod installed. Valen's role is vastly expanded as a mod NPC. Both are from http://weidu.org/main.html
>>
Going to shill in this thread for a bit and mention The Age of Decadence, it's one of the best RPGs I have ever played and I have been following it for several years so I would really like it to get enough exposure and sales to succeed. It's on steam in early access, full release should be in a two months or so, go check it out.
>>
>>37377061
How does Early Access work, anyway?
>>
>>37376537
Yeah, but he said pure martials. That kind of excludes people with spellcasting like the Paladin or the Ranger.
>>
>>37376961
Turning my cleric ranger god into a squirrel skin was pretty funny...
>>
>>37377075
>>
>>37377061
Oh god, I'm gonna hate this game, hate that I cannot have everything in one go that is.
>>
>>37377119
>future
Is that pic from 2012 or something
>>
>>37377090
Well rangers and paladins ARE martials. They're not pure fighter is all

That said I would.like to use a cleric party
>>
>>37377148
Ragers are martial, paladins are divine.
>>
>>37375721

>Crom Faeyr
>Not using Runehammer

I mean, if you already have 25 strength, one of Crom Faeyr's abilities won't have any effect on you. But if you use Runehammer, you don't have to worry about that pesky Negative Plane Protection (If you're not already using the Amulet of Power)
>>
>>37377090
Sure, if you get to higher levels. In BG1 Paladins and Rangers are basically pure martials.
>>
>>37377162
Crom Faeyr really isn't that good at all. 25 STR isn't much better than the 21 or 22 you get from belts when you take into account all the good stuff you can put into your weapon slot that doesn't just instakill Trolls.
>>
>>37377075
In the most negative light it can be seen as paying for beta testing.

Essentially you pay for the game and will be able to play it in it's current incomplete state the game is then periodically updated until it eventually gets fully released and you will keep owning it.

In relation to AoD the EA version currently has 2 towns out of 3, the third is to be released in a week or so and then the final act with endings is to be released in around two months. As a point of reference I have 42 hours played in my steam version of the game(I downloaded it on steam like two months ago) and I believe something close to a hundred in the non steam version which I have used to play through older versions of the game in the past

>>37377135
Honestly that's part of the game's charm for me, trying to break it and make a character build strong and versatile enough to get as much content as possible in one run. But that's something that you shouldn't try without understanding the system well and playing through at least a few normal non munchkin characters.
>>
File: Aerie.jpg (55KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
Aerie.jpg
55KB, 210x330px
This thread needs best Aerie portrait
>>
So who here still has Neverwinter Nights or NWN2?
>>
>>37377202
I genreally piss on strength and go for pure versatility and maximum rp triggers.

I generally have fairly gimped characters that survive mostly on good followers.
>>
Is there any good sci-fi or not-fantasy crpg? Except for fallout series and shadowrun, can't remember anything.
>>
>>37377275
Traditional or all compute RPG?

Anachronox was pretty damn fun.
>>
>>37377265
I have both, never could play the first one for more than a few minutes though.
>>
>>37377274
If you don't spread your points too thinly you can make fairly capable hybrid characters if you focus on dodge and swords for your combat part
>>
>>37377314
Yeah, looked like a geometry lesson.

tube-head on a box body with a stamp worth of texture.
>>
>>37377162
Nigga I have chim powers of shadow keeper. I'll adjust after I get out of work for gibbing bears as a squirrel
>>
>>37377212
If only she wasn't a whiney cunt

However that pic makes her a qt3.14
>>
What's going on with that Numenera thing? Any word on how it's progressing?
>>
>>37377616
Yeah but mage/cleric is broken as fuck
>>
>>37377752
If she didn't take twice as long to get useful as a pure of each, sure.

But as is, she's blocked from cleric gear and her mage spells fall fare behind the power curve.
>>
>>37377782
Edwin master race coming through
>>
>>37377752
She's useful but only actually good by the time you get to ToB. It's nice to have extra low and mid level spells through her but she doesn't even begin to compete in usefulness against a pure arcane and pure divine caster who get access to spells in a timely manner. If you try to replace a full caster of either side with her you're just severely gimping yourself.
>>
>>37377752
Sorcerer is broken. Fighter/Mage is broken. Kensai/Mage is broken.
Mage/Cleric really is not because the classes aren't complementing each other in a way that makes the sacrifice in spell progression speed worth it.
>>
>>37377934
What about fighter/cleric?
>>
>>37377934
Don't forget ranger/cleric. All those buffs and summons mang, in heavy armor and combat
>>
>>37377810

B-but he's a bad guy, anon!

Are you a bad guy, too?
>>
>>37377986
>>37377997
Anything dualclassed from a 9th level Fighter is pretty damn good. I don't like Fighter/Cleric because Cleric doesn't get nearly as good defensive magic as Mage does so it's not as useful for a melee fighter to cast divine magic.
>>
>>37377986
Not really, only really gain better weapon specialization.
>>
>>37376963

Yes, game balance is favorable to realism, but all the weapons have their place. ARs are just effective in all situations instead of being better suited to specialized applications. Wasteland was always slightly rooted in realism.

As far as brawling, I don't know why, but it's just always able to become ludicrously overpowered in post-apoc games. I don't understand it. It's hilariously OP in Fallout 1, 2, 3, and New Vegas and then Wasteland 2. I don't have a rationalization for it other than disregarding reality in favor of fun.

>>37377024

Nothing wrong with TV Tropes.
>>
>>37359401
Better idea would be to start LG unless you plan on going evil as you get a higher starting rep and that gives you a discount.
Though that only really helps at the very start since you'll soon be swimming away from all that excess cash trying to crush you
>>
>>37343459
Original Sin is turn based and damn good, especially with a friend.
>>
>>37378485
AP based combat with criticial hit system, high level plus low ap attacks means a lot of potential crits to the eyes, head and groin.
>>
>>37378553
I picked this up over the last sale and really enjoyed it in the very begining, but after the first tutorial all the combat felt super hard and unforgiving. "Fight these guys who are both high level than you and outnumber you by 2:1" type of stuff. It kind of ruined it for me.
>>
>>37378595

Ah. That explains it for the classics. FO3 was due to some bad coding and perks, meanwhile NV was due to kickass weapons, perks, and special moves.
Thread posts: 287
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.