[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yet *another* civilization thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 291
Thread images: 8

File: civindex.jpg (2MB, 2025x4500px) Image search: [Google]
civindex.jpg
2MB, 2025x4500px
I'm sure you fine gentlement know the drill.
First race to get 3 votes gets picked.
First location to get 3 votes gets picked.
I've crossed the races i don't feel confident i'll deliver an entertaining with.
Every choice is decided by voting, once a course of action is picked I will anounce it and roll on its outcome (no rerolling faggotry, deal with it)
I will be using a hex map made in Hexographer and a world map i will use mainly myself, though you may reveal parts of it depending on how the story goes.
Expect a 1 hour hiatus about two hours in, afterwards it's an all night session.
(Indeed, what a saturday night, eh?)

Anyhow, start voting faggots, i don't want to replay new vegas tonight.
>>
voting Dryad Valley
>>
>>37317810
Arachni, Floating Islands
>>
>>37317890
dont do arachni there is already another arachni prolly gonna go on tonight
>>
>>37317810
voting undead
>>
why so many civ threads? What brings you to this game left nut?
I vote for lizard men mana wastes
>>
>>37317810
Bullywugs
Reef
>>
>>37317920
eh, i just kinda wanter to do one, never even checked if there were others on.
Still, considering the time it takes to write an update, it only means less downtime for participants.
>>
>>37317810
>>37317810
Aquatic, Floating Islands.
>>
>>37317919
changing my vote to undead in floating islands. also the arachni thread is gonna start soon
>>
>>37317968
Aquatic, yes.

Floating Islands, no.
>>
All right, the location is floating islands.
Keep voting on race.
>>
>>37317968
Merfolk have my vote.

Captcha: arock
What?
>>
>>37317810
Goblins!
>>
The current tally:
dryad 1
Arachni 1
undead 1
bullywugs 1
aquatics 2
lizardmen 1
merfolk 1
goblins 1

valley 1
floating islands 3
reef 1
mana wastes 1
>>
>>37317968
>>37318001
>>37318026
I count 3 aquatic votes.

If note, aquatics will be my vote.
>>
>>37318093
aquatics in reef my final vote i really dont want no damn fi
>>
>>37318128
Jesus, make up your mind.
>>
Acquatics it is.
To be honest, aquatics + floating islands is kinda problematic. If you still want it i'll see if i can make it work.
>>
>>37318171
With Maragras' change, it's aquatics and location is open.

tally:
valley 1
floating islands 2
reef 2
mana wastes 1
>>
Also, any leftover anons please take a name to make counting easier and avoiding possible samefagging.
>>
>>37318171
I'd vote Reef or Swamp
>>
>>37318171
It could work.

Floating islands to establish commerce and trade and defenses.

Water dwellings for concealment and foodstuffs.

Just make them bipedal mer. best mer

If it's that problematic, I vote for reef.
>>
Aquatics + reef it is then. Writan'
>>
Claiming a tempname for the thread.
>>
>>37318261
Do they have legs, tails, or octopus tentacles?
>>
>>37318311
oh god
op can we be pic related
>>37318261
>>
>>37318230
Name for thread.
>>
>>37318420
Please, no. I was hoping for less pretty human mer and more fish inspired bi-peds.
>>
File: images.jpg (2KB, 101x92px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 101x92px
>>37318471
more like this
>>
>>37318514
Is this a jpg for ants?
>>
>>37318514
>Aquatic civ thread
>posts an image for ants

Looks like a pic of Laughing Octopus though? From MGS4?
>>
You are vertebrated, scaled, gilled and bipedal as in the index pic. Your fingers are webbed and you can breathe air, althoughi it's pretty damn uncomfortable and dry.

Under the gentle cyan of a shallow sea, lies a turmoil of colors, a stertch of rocks covered with life. It is here that the journey that is your life begins. Rocked by the waves and protected by corals and seaweed, you have hatched from the eggs your predecesors left behind here. The first thing you notice is a stash of tools, mostly made from fishbone and stone (hatchets, hammers, needles, bowls). The small chamber you find yourselves in is a fepression on the rock of the reef, it's opening partially covered by algi and corals. The floor is sand, small crabs scurrying about. You notice small and not so small fish going about their bussiness in the walls.
There's 15 of you, and from the smell it seems 6 of you can lay eggs.

What do you do?

Resources: none.
Equipment: basic tools (stone & bone)
>>
>>37318592
Attempt to collect crab and fish as food source.
>>
>>37318592
How many actions do we have per turn? What dice do we need to roll?
>>
>>37318571
You autistic?
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>37318592
step one harness the power of crab meat
hunt crabs and research crab traps
>>
I'll roll for the action you vote on.

You *could* do more than one thing per turn assigning each action to only a fraction of the population. Smaller fraction, more difficult rolls, depending on the action.
>>
>>37318763
Apologies, I'm new to civ threads. Do we roll d100s?
>>
>>37318618
>>37318762
Sounds like these are good ideas
>>
>>37318783
depends on the op sometimes you dont he wants to roll so just him i believe
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

You will attempt to hunt crabs, and develop a good way of doing so.

Rolling for your success.
>>
>>37318821
Oh boy. Delicious crab meat.
>>
>>37318514
Its okay Maragras, I still love you (and your teeny tiny pictures)
>>
>>37318867
yey <3 ILY 2
>>
Heeding the call of your bellies, you try your best to get a hold on the crabs.
You take most of the day catching them, with success. Altough most of you simply snaped at them and grabbed them with your bare hands, one of you was inspired by seeing one of the crabs tangled in a kind of though seaweed. He quickly fashioned a crude kind of net, wich improved your already respectable skill in crab hunting.
(gained tech, crude nets, +3 crude small nets, +3 crab meat)

Resources: crab meat for 3 turns.
Equipment: basic tools (stone & bone), 3 small crude nets
Tech: crude nets

What do you do next?
>>
>>37318929
Research building a trap out of crappy nets and have the faster members chase crabs while we wait
>>
>>37318929
Scout around. Can we find some geothermal vents?
>>
>>37318929
Devote 2 males to attempting to refine our stone tools.
>>
>>37318929
Build defenses! You never know what's lurking in the waters.
>>
>>37318959
I agree with this option, actually. Heat would help out a lot in the future.
>>
>>37318959
I vote for this.
>>
So far the majority goes to exploring you surroundings and take a look for thermal vents.

Also to devote 2 males to research better nets.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

Rolling for the exploration.
>>
>>37319085
Well shit
>>
>>37319099
Indeed. MUAHAAHAHSDHADHD- *cough cough*
>>
>>37319085
Fuuuuck.
>>
The suspense is killing me.
>>
Now that you have enouigh food for the moment, you leave the rock depression to see what surrounds you. You are welcomed by the sight of various creatures busily going about among the corals, both big and small. Two of your males stay behind to work on somehow improving on your nets. Considering the current state, it will not take much. (2 turns)

You swim around your home, finding nothing of note aside from what you could expect in the reef. You move to the northeast when all of a sudden, an incredibly large grouper grabs one of your brethren by their right leg and starts pulling on him no doubt to take him to it's shelter in one of the cracks among the rocks of the reef.
You gang up on the grouper, desperatedly hitting it to force it to let go, but to no avail.
One of you score a lucky kick, and sinks a toe in its eye, finally driving it away.

You were lucky this time, and the attacked male survives, but it's leg is badly hurt and moving it is incredibly painful.
Were the grouper bit there's some bleeding, but it mostly seems the bone is broken.
You drag him back to your home among the rocks, battered but alive.

what will you do next?

Status: 9 Males (1 injured, 2 researching), 6 females. No specializations
Resources: crab meat for 3 turns.
Tech: crude nets (improvement in 2 turns)
>>
>>37319499
This proves we do have predators about, so we need weapons and defenses.

I vote to improve offense capabilities.
>>
>>37319499
Try using kelp to wrap up the would and set the bone

Basically develop basic medicine
>>
>>37319499
Guess it's time to research herbalism, heal up that leg.
>>
>>37319499
Elect a chieftain!
We need order, to prevent these unorganized ventures from getting us killed. We should select our smartest and strongest member to lead the tribe.
>>
>>37319499
some corrections to the status:
Resources: crab meat for 2 turns.
Tech: crude nets (improvement in 1 turns)
>>
>>37319565
this, and build a suitable hospital like place to house the wounded.
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

All right, you will try to research some way of healing, and elect a chieftain.

Rolling on the results of your research.
(will determine how fast it will arrive, and how effective)
>>
>>37319626
>>37319567
I agree with these points, but stand that offense should be our next priority, to avoid hunting accidents in the future.
>>
>>37319671
wooo
>>
>>37319680
Totally agree
>>
>>37319680
until we can get more people. Are we people what are we calling ourselves?
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

All right, i'll roll for that research as well, you'll get 2 tech upgrades this turn since it's still basic stuff and you have many idle hands.

Rolling for armaments.
>>
>>37317810
May I humbly request an unedited image?
>>
>>37319788
I say we put one into healing (Seaweed casts) and one for armament (spear's)
>>
File: xmvQfK6.jpg (902KB, 1350x3000px) Image search: [Google]
xmvQfK6.jpg
902KB, 1350x3000px
>>37319834
I gotchu m8
>>
>>37319839
Agreed.
>>
RIP thread
>at least you tried
[spoilder]lets be honest, no you didnt[/spoiler]
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

You all quickly realise there are bigger, hungrier things than you in the world and it becomes obvious you need to defend yourselves.
It all comes together, once the males you left improving on the nets show everyone what they came up with.
They produced a more resistant rope from the weeds by braiding it, and several kinds of nets by varying the size of the spaces between the ropes. Also, in a stroke of brillance, they realized tying up the ends of the net to rocks makes for a great way of catching many crabs at once and possibly, something larger.
(acquired tech: strong weedrope, strong weedrope nets, upgraded existing nets, +2 smallgame net, +1 midgame net, 5 meters of weedrope)
The memories seeing their companion being almost eating by a damn fish were still fresh on your minds and everyone worked together on better ways of causing harm. Inspiration came from a piece of driftwood floating above you.
The material was similar to the one in your hatchets and hammers, and by chipping pieces off of it you fashioned 3 wooden poles. A particulary sharp member of your group found a rotten sea bass nearby and carved a quite effective piercing tip for your wooden pole.
Several of you try it out on the fish around your home and it proves to be quite effective in impaling them, altough hitting them to begin with is a bit hard (+1 turn's worth of fish)(+1 bone spear, +2 wooden poles).

The creator of the spear is quickly becoming a respected memeber of your group, and the rest are starting to look up to him. But, what is his name? (vote on it)

[writing up the medicine update]
>>
>>37320134
Give the man some time.
I'd rather wait for well-written updates than get near-instant updates with no thought put into them.
>>
>>37320225
shit, forgot to delete the dice

Yeah, sorry fo
>>
>>37320225
I say we should name our smart boy "Spear".
we can have fancy names when we have fancy houses and shit.
>>
Yeah, sorry for the slow ritm.

Trying to ass few asspulls as i can.
>>
>>37320277
Man, i really cannot into spelling/coherence today.
I'll try to proof read my posts from now on.
>>
>>37320273
Sure, let's make him chief.
>>
Lets have a dictatorship for right now since we don't have enough people to have a council or what not.
>>
While all of this happened, others set themselves on helping their wounded friend. Some helped by laying him over a bed of soft seaweeds (think codium sp.), while others examined the wound. It no longer bled, but the lost scales hadn't grown back and the skin under them had strange coloration. They noticed small crabs had crept on top of it while the wounded male slept and started cleaning it, eating the darker bits that looked worse off. When the sleeping wounded woke up, he crushed the small crabs on impulse, momentarily forgeting about his injure. Of course the blow hurt like a stone being shoved in his cloaca but to his surprise, moments after the pain seemed dulled. Others quickly set on experimenting and discovered a particular type of small crab caused this effect, and started collecting, crushing them and applying them to the injured male.
(discovered: painkiller crab poltice, crab based desinfection)

Resources: crab meat for 2 turns.
Equipment: basic tools (stone & bone), 2 smallgame nets, 1 midgame net, 5 meters of weedrope, 1 bone spear, 2 wooden poles
Tech: strong weedrope, improved nets, bone spears, painkiller crab poultice, crab based desinfection
>>
>>37320456
we need to know what the area is around us. We can't just bet on things just happening in ways that could help us. We need to scout the area and make a map.

Also have some of the females collect resources and be guarded by some of the males.
>>
Well, time to vote on your next course of action, assuming someone's still following this.
>>
>>37320589
Hunt down the beast that injured our brother! Kill it. Kill it with vengeance.
>>
>>37320529
Alright to clarify on >>37320529
We will have three males scouting the area, making some kind of map as they do while the other three males guarding three females as they gather food and shit.
>>
Also, regarding the name of spearguy, is "spear" your final choice?

(Note that he still isn't chief, just an important character. where he goes from there is up to you)
>>
>>37320718
yes "spear" will be his name. We can have fancy names when we have fancy houses and shit.
>>
All right. I need to break the tie between "scout,map,gatherfood" and "KILL GROUPIE!!!"
>>
>>37320765
I'll chenge my vote from killing the groupie to scouting.
>>
All right. Rolling for both scouting and gathering food.
Will make another post rolling for special event.
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>37320833
I'll just leave the damn dice on....
-->scout + gather food
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

Unexpected event.
>>
>>37320873
Oh boy.
>>
Watchign with mild interest. man theres alot of civ threads springing up lately.
>>
Heartened after recent developments, you realized you needed to know what surrounded you better, what if there were more of those large groupers around you? or something worse?
You gathered your numbers and went scouting your surroundings, leaving behind three females gathering food and whatever useful material they found with three males guarding them.

You swam to quite a distance away from the depression in the rocks you call home. It was mostly normal reef landscape, rocks, cracks, corals, fish of various kinds and the like. The scouting party saw nothing eventful for most of the journey but they did notice a couple of things:

To the south, the roof of the water lowered gradually and the floor went from coraled rocks to musseled rocks to just sand and further away, it seemd as though the roof of the water crashed against the floor in an explosion of bubbles and noise.

Far to the north, the reef ended, and the floor descended until the dark blue of the ocean swallowed it whole. Also, the water seemed to get a lot coulder.

On the trip back to your home, one of the party noticed a large, elongated shadow, far to the west. No one else saw it, but it certainly caused an impresion on the scout that did.

[continues, don't fall asleep just yet]
>>
File: awayfromhome.png (69KB, 678x651px) Image search: [Google]
awayfromhome.png
69KB, 678x651px
>>37321075
map here
>>
>>37321145
I say we ignore the shadow until proper defenses are made, but we keep an eye on that direction.
>>
>>37321206
Agreed. The shadow should be pondered from afar.
Let's scout east a bit.
>>
The females left behind to gather food were qutie succesful, and using the new nets brought home quite a few crabs, plus

some small fish caught with their hands. (+4 turns of food)
From them, they managed to get a few speartip sized bones, and a few smaller pieces. (+3 speartips, small bone pieces)

The males guarding them became lax in their attention as time went on and became somewhat bored, one of them left to

visited his injured brother.

When they all returned, he was nowhere to be found.

Status: 8 Males (1 injured, almost healed), 6 females. No specializations. [1 missing male]
Characters: Spear, inventor of bone spears.
Resources: Food for 4 turns, 2 wooden poles, 5 meters of woodrope, 3 speartips, small bone pieces
Equipment: basic tools (stone & bone), 2 smallgame nets, 1 midgame net, 1 bone spear
Tech: strong weedrope, improved nets, bone spears, painkiller crab poultice, crab based desinfection
>>
>>37321271
>>37321273
Shit wait nevermind about scouting east. Devote maximum attention to finding our missing man.
>>
>>37321273
everyone go on high alert and have all females hide with the injured male while three males go out to find the missing male and the rest guard the home.

everyone is armed.
>>
>>37321273
It is now time to decide what to do next.
Does your curiosity drive you to explore even further away from home?
Does your bloodlust compel you to seek revenge against the wretched creature that injured your brother?
Does concern for your missing kinsman drives you to search him?

Or do you do something else?
>>
>>37321310
And questioning the guards. We are too few in number for mistakes like that.
>>
>>37321318
searching for kin. too few for any fuck ups like this plus should at least have aclue what the hell happened to him.

Gotta admit nut you don't let up the pressure. Lets see if we can rally to the occasion.
>>
Oh, just to clarify, the one missing is the guard, not the injured brother.
(it could ve read either way because of shitty redaction)
>>
>>37321400
Then I say high alert and full defense is the way to go. The grouper fish can escape for all I care at this point.
>>
>>37321317
>>37321318
to make sure
>>
>>37321421
Regretfully, I must agree. The fish will be safe for another day.
Search for any traces of where our comrade might have gone.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

Ok then, three males will go searching for the missing brother.
You will question the two remaining guards before going.

Rolling for succes, both in finding the missing brother and the interrogation.
>>
>>37321457
Fucking hell.
>>
>>37321457
holy shit, at this rate i don't know how long i can keep you from getting eaten by cthulhu
>>
>>37321457
man all weekend its been like this. /tg/ wants quests to suffer hardship at this rate.

>>37321481
This is partly the reason I hate dice sometimes. specially computerized ones. the code just gets stuck in hateboner mode sometimes.

This could be one shortass civ thread.
>>
>>37321481
What if... what if we pledge allegiance to Cthulhu..?
>>
>>37321525
Have you seen the king in yellow?
>>
>>37321594
No.
>>
The brother that was attacked by the grouper finally recovered. Altough his scales never grew again, his leg no longer hurt (as much) and he could swim. The relief this good news caused was short lived, when everyone realized one of their brothers was missing, they immediately questioned the other two guards that were with him. Well, they tried to, but everyone became too angry with them and the situation became violent.
The memory of the attack of the grouper and now a missing brother had everyone on edge, and these two were an easy scapegoat to blame. Spear kept a cool head however, and eventually managed to calm things down a bit, but not before one of the guards was knocked unconcious with a rock.

The remaining guard was rigurously questioned by Spear, but the brother simply knew nothing that would help.

A search group headed by Spear went on the search for his mising brother, and he ordered everyone to remain alert while they were gone. (they will return after some time... or not)

You now control two groups, the aquatics in camp, and the search party.
camp:4 males, 4 females
Search party: Spear, 3 males, 2 females

Where will the search party begin its quest? (vote 1.)
(vote on weapons distribution)

Shortly after the search party left, The unconcious brother at camp started bleeding from his gills. The small red cloud slowly dissipated to the currents and everyone could sense its metallic smell. The thing is, even you know that if you can sense, so can anything else...

What measures will the home camp take? (vote 2.)
>>
Status: 8 Males (1 injured, unconcious), 6 females. No specializations. [1 missing male]
Resources: Food for 4 turns, 2 wooden poles, 5 meters of woodrope, 3 speartips, small bone pieces
Equipment: basic tools (stone & bone), 2 smallgame nets, 1 midgame net, 1 bone spear
>>
>>37321762
1. Search towards the shadow.

2. Fortify our border.
>>
>>37321762
1:the group headed by Spear will go to where the guards were stationed and fan out from there, heading back to camp and if they can't find him then they will go back to that area and move as a unit to find the missing brother.

2:The remaining men will guard the home and the women will bandage up the wounded male and stay on alert for any carnivores that would attack.
>>
>>37321762
Oh shit.

>Search Party
Get closer to where the shadow was seen, but be cautious as hell.

>Home
All able-bodied men should prepare for the worst. Get spears ready, keep an eye out in every direction. Have the women try to tend to the unconscious man and get this bleeding to stop ASAP.
>>
>>37321890
Agreed. Let's do it.
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>37321821
>>37321851
>>37321890
Please vote on weapon distribution. You only have one spear. You could -as a suggestion- use some of the hatchets and hammers as makeshift weapons, maybe somthing with the webs (you still have unused rope as well).

There seems to be consensus that the search party should check out the place were the shadow was seen far away. Catiously, of course.

Will roll in this post for that, will roll on another one for the events at your home.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

>>37321958
oh fffs these dice are some serious bullshit
Rolling for home camp
>>
>>37321958
shit.
1.all men will have basic equipment, women will have nets. Spear will have the spear.

2: women back at camp will have nets ready and the men will have basic tools.

also FUCK.>>37321987
>>
>>37321987
>>37321958
God fucking damn it.

For reference, I want to leave the spear at home, the scouting party should return at any sign of threat.
>>
Umm...good game guys? Holy shit we're just dropping like flies.
>>
Fuck it. I'll write it.
(ps: no, you're not all dead. Yet.)
>>
>>37321958
>>37321987
ggwp
Give the best fighter the spear. Improvised weapons for the men. Give women the nets, but tell them to stay back and fight only as a last resort.
>>
Is the game srill on, i would join you guys, you look in deep doodoo...
>>
>>37322163
Feel free. Couldn't hurt, haha.
>>
>>37317884
>>37322187
So were just waiting for the gm?linkn
>>
>>37322214
im here im here, writing, almost done with the search party
>>
>>37322214
Yeah, he's writing up our must recent blunder at the moment.
>>
>>37322251
Kek
>>
Spear decided the search would start by heading west, towards where the strange shadow was seen far away.
He took the spear he made, and lead a group in search for their missing brother. They moved slowly, cautiously and always keeping an eye on all directions. First the coral vanished from the rocks, leaving them bare. Then, the rocks became smaller, and the roof of the water went further and further up. Eventually, the roof no longer went up, and the soil became sand. Eventually they reached further west than they had ever been, and kept on going. The waters seemed different here, a bit coulder and practically devoid of life. As a matter of fact, they hadn't seen anything swimming for a while, nothing at all. They did not know if this was how the waters were away from the reef, but it made an overpowering feeling of unease crawl up their backs.
Only too late they realised that it wasn't unease that crept up their backs, it was something else, something hungry.
They were round, and had many legs. Many jaws too, and they were heavy, too heavy to shove aside.
They were everywhere, and their shells didn't give in to the blows the dealt with their improvised hammers and hatchets.
A few could hit them in the face, and managed to make them flee, even killed some, but it was too little, too late.
The sand under them began to fill with these hungry creatures that had awaited for them laying an ambush.
Spear and a few others managed to avoid these abominations, and swam up as soon as they appeared, but their victory was short lived as they were slammed by something very big, and very fast, and everything suddenly went dark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ1C1N4OG9s
[continues with home camp]
>>
>>37321145
What program do you use for that map?
>>
Those isopods are sure scary as fuck, tell me that in real life those shits aint biger than 6"....
>>
>>37322362
Rip in peace, Spear. I'd like to say that you'll be remembered, but I doubt anyone who knew you will survive much longer.
>>
>>37322468
...guys...

We need to reproduce.
>>
>>37322492
Don't know if we will have enough people left to reproduce.
>>
>>37322513
Then we shall abandon everything and venture to the surface to find new mates.
>>
>>37322492
Lets create a society rule where every man can have every lady he wants, seems harsh but think animals here. We will get to a numerous population quickly.
>>
>>37322547
We may be low tech but we don't have to resort to that.
>>
>>37322362
The brothers at home went alert, for surely the The brothers at home went alert, for surely the blood being spilled by their wounded brother would attract a predator.
The women took the nets available as a last ditch weapon, and those without nets wielded hatchets and hammers. They all stood alert, waiting for the inevitable to come. And came it did.
A huge arm, covered in suckers with teeth suddenly grabed one of the males and pulled it out of the depression.
It came back, and they attacked it with hatchets. it was surprisingly effective, altough strong, the creature was surprisingly soft, and bone cut trough the arm with amazing ease.

The creature seemd to back down for a fleeting moment, and one of the brothers quickly shouted a strategy

[i'll be afk for about 30-45', but i will come back, see what you can come up with on the mean time]
>>
>>37322573
We need to lie in ambush, waiting for the beast's next assault, all attacking it at once.
>>
>>37322573
Wait! I had a question! >>37322399
>>
>>37322600
we find out where the tentacles are coming from and throw our nets on the openings and then fall back into a safe position to hack away at the arms as they come.
>>
>>37322573
Guys.
I have an idea. Hear me out.
As it stands right now, we're fucked. Our population is dwindling. Our full group couldn't protect itself from threats, and we've now lost a significant chunk of our fighters.
We need protection.
The giant tentacle monster might be satisfied if we offer it the bleeding man it came for. Perhaps if we give it periodic sacrifices, it will protect us from other threats.
I vote we become livestock for the time being. If we roll badly for that, we'll all die. If we choose any other option, we'll die anyway.
Give Tentacle God a chance.
>>
>>37322643
Good idea. Make an entrapment area to tangle it up when it shows up again. Nobody leaves our spot.

As for our scout party, should they return? I fear for their safety, this monster may catch them.
>>
>>37322671
I'm prone to agree with you. Could you sway me, perhaps?
>>
>>37322678
we must operate under the assumption that they are all dead.

We need to have something go our way and we are to few to begin reproducing. Incest will eventually fuck us all over, if we live that long. We need to get help.
>>
>>37322671
Yup. Lets go for that.
3 votes and counting
>>
>>37322671
Appease the Kraken!
>>
>>37322744
From who, though? We have no contacts outside of ourselves. All we've seen are monsters and the huge shadow.
>>
>>37322714
The way I see it, we're in no condition to fight this thing. Our only real weapon was sent out in our scouting party.
The scouting party faded to black as something large hit them. The large thing is:
> A: Tentacle God
> B: Something comparably strong
Either way, tentacle god is our best shot at surviving tentacle god's wrath and saving Spear.
>>
>>37322750
I do not wish to do that yet, for the record.
>>
>>37322744
Agreed, but we must choose a next move anyway, just in case Spear or any one else has survived.
Btw, will we elect another chief?
>>
>>37322775
hopefully something comes along that forces everything to fuck off. Like a bigger fish that won't take notice of us or one of us developed telepathy real fast.

>>37322774
>>37322750
>>37322797
You are all insane. we don't have the population required to keep sacrifices going and we don't even know how many of our people it would eat or how often it would get hungry.
>>
>>37322797
I agree with >>37322828
We don't have the manpower for sacrifices AND defense AND scouting AND gathering.
>>
>>37322822
he was never chief, just a smart guy who is most likely dead. My guess is that big thing is a ship of some sort (though our people don't know that).

There is a chance spear could convince the sailors to help us, how though I have no idea.
>>
>>37322859
My hope is that Spear survives and is diplomatic with whomever he runs into up there...
>>
>>37322889
If we survive this our people will become total sea badasses. Like 40k level badass. If we survive that is.

I wonder if we prayed real hard, would a god come and save us?
>>
>>37322828
Insane indeed, just recnt to the thread, didnt exactly knew how much we were, damn were dying....
>>
>>37322828
The sustainability of sacrifices is a problem for another day. There are two ways to deal with Tentacle Hentai:
>Make it happy
>Make it dead
We lack the ability to accomplish the latter option. We need to get Tentacle God to think this:
>If I protect this tribe, I will get more food in the long run than if I just eat them all now.
We must become sheep to his unsettling shepherd.
It's not a good option, but it's our only option.
>>
>>37322910
Worth a shot for our holed up people back home. They should be praying to anything right now.
>>
>>37322926
you assume that it has sentience. For all we know it could be a mindless animal that just found easy prey. There are to many unknowns for sacrifice to work.
>>
>>37322926
>problem for another day
We might not have another day if we offer free dead bodies.
Sacrifices are not the way to go.
>>
>>37322970
Agreed
>>
File: tumblr_inline_myi92b5WG21r7gt7v.gif (455KB, 500x207px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_myi92b5WG21r7gt7v.gif
455KB, 500x207px
>>37322970
Also agreed.
>>
Captain Irian, I need a recap, what are the suitable next moves?
>>
>>37323076
My opinion is that
1. Home base needs to set up a trap with the nets and pray to whatever we can for aid. If nothing happens, we need defenses pronto.

2. Our search party (if alive) should make contact with anything on the surface world that is not immediately hostile to us.

Any other ideas, anons?
>>
>>37323049
>>37322970
>>37322985
>>37322994

In light of the overall opposition to the sacrifice plan, I'll drop that idea.
However, there is no plan I see right now that I think will work well. Praying for divine intervention and a lucky roll might be our best shot.
>>
>>37323137
these run
>>
>>37323137
Agreed, but trap=nets and man power, all on offensive defense if you may
>>
>>37323137
Going with this. also someone should be praying real hard to make a god come and save us.
>>
>>37323164
And as our luck has been lately, we are either facing a streak of failure or our mighty resurgence.
>>
>>37323137
>>37323191
>>37323193
So we agree? Any other factors to consider?
>>
GM is coming back in 5 to 20 min, lets be sure this is our plan
>>
>>37323234
as far as I can tell no. Though the dice might have other ideas.
>>
>>37323263
Most likely...

We should attempt to develop a kind of unique magic as soon as we can. Maybe carve runes into pearls and keep them inside clamshells or something.

Might be too meta, though.
>>
>>37323291
all of this assuming we live through this but yeah, at this point lets go full meta just to stay alive.
>>
>>37323304
Maybe gain the ability to affect water pressure or something.
>>
>>37323291
Not necessarely meta. In this stressfull situation, our people, crying for their life, have been drawing in pearls as a way to diminish the stress... Art-therapy kind of faggotry
>>
>>37323327
Or something yeah, we need to build defensive structures and have a siege mentality from now on.
>>
>>37323338
Hey, works for me. Just has to be cool with the GM.

Can't wait until we have some proper adventurers in our ranks.
>>
I think there is a plan we arent looking at. We can always flee, our "home" is a hellhole and if we run now, taking what meager possessions out mothers and fathers left us, we might be able to find a place better suited for us to live. We are in a reef, that means there must be a coast somewhat close by! If we can get close to land, larger predators cant get to us. Coastal fish might be plentiful and we can start to thrive there!
>>
>>37323362
Lets become some real poliorcetics masters
>>
Would one of you guys please do me a huge favor and take it upon yourself to make a brief timeline of our adventure from the beginning to end? I'd love to keep it when this is all over.

>>37323396
Not a terrible plan.
>>
>>37323377
Out of subject here ( newfag here, how can you make your name stick to your reply..) i'm using the clover app
>>
If we had one brave soul go out and attempt to drive the thing away by attacking it's eyes or other sensory organs, here's my thought:
GM might put that on a separate roll from our other defenders, giving us another shot at a lucky roll.
If successful, this man would be a goddamnded CHAMPION.
If unsuccessful, we've lost one man (likely to happen anyway) and we've at least distracted it (possibly saving the others).

Thoughts?
>>
>>37323396
Leaving Spear behind?
>>
>>37323434
Type in whatever name you want, and add a # followed by a password.

Example: Name#newb

>>37323441
As long as the others left behind still make the defensive net trap.
>>
Ok, i'm back, i hope this hasn't died out yet.
The program is hexographer, first result in google will do.>>37322399
>>
>>37323460
Better for the tribe to live.
Not long ago we talked of killing one of our own to sacrifice to this damned thing!
>>
>>37323469
We are prepared!

See >>37323234
>>
>>37323441
Agreed
>>
>>37323466
Yes, the others would use this window of time to construct the trap, in case of our brave warrior's failure. Also the women will be praying.
>>
>>37323499
Sounds good.
>>
wow, that's a long discussion.

uh... have you reached consensus?
>>
>>37323485
But if he returns....HERO!!
>>
>>37323396
I agree with this. The closer to the shore we are the better off we'll be.
>>
>>37323531
Yes, I linked it in this comment >>37323490
>>
>>37323469
>>37323531

We've been actively discussing things the entire time, actually. We only just came to an agreement.
The general consensus is:
>>37323441
>>37323137

Women will pray. Defenders will make a net trap while one man goes out to distract the beast, buy time, and attack its eyes/sensory organs.
>>
>>37323441
we could use that, assuming there aren't more shit out there and if the thing takes the bait.
>>37323417
1:we hatched and took in our surroundings
2:we made tools and went crab hunting
3:we scouted the area and one of our guys gets attacked and we had two guys researching new tech.
4:we created nets and a spear, Spear was named and created seaweed and crab based medicine.
5:we scouted.
6:we gathered food and one of the brothers gets lost.
7:the group splits up, one looks for our boy, the other stays behind.
8:our rescue group gets ambushed by fucking sea bugs and home base is attacked by a fucking Kraken.
>>
>>37323562
Agreed.
>>
>>37323562
Agreed
>>
>>37323569
Cool, thanks. Would it be too much to ask you to update it as the game progresses?
>>
Alright, home camp will send one brave, brave man to try and attack it's eyes or drive it away somehow.
Women inside the depression will pray.
others will make a net trap to slow/trap anything else that may come.

Rolling for the "eye poking" initiative.
Will make separate roll for Pray+defenses.

For fuck's sake, if these rolls go both south, it's game over, i literally cannot save you here.
>>
>>37323630
it will be simplified but yeah sure.
>>
>>37323650
Gods save us.

>>37323651
Perfect, that's all I want. Appreciated.
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

Of course i forgot the dice.
>>
>>37323562
Do we still do the
>women carve some pearl in stressfull waiting and praying
It was ok with pretty much anyone who commented
>>
>>37323673
Heeey!

>>37323674
I say yes.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

Rolling for prayer + traps.
>>
>>37323673
Ypikayeah!
>>
>>37323673
Praise RNG!
We have not been forsaken! It was merely a test of our faith! Rejoice, our salvatio--
>>37323689
-- oh. Oh god.
>>
>>37323689
right on fucking time. one good roll deserves on bad role for these guys.
>>
>>37323689
Ypikafuck...
>>
Alrighty.
If the roll for prayer had been on the 20-50 range, it would have had no effect whatsoever, but a 10 merits a negative effect.

Writing.
>>
>>37323730
Oh ffs. Lads, Ladies, it's been an honor.

Maybe our shell runes will be worth something to the explorers that find them.
>>
>>37323753
No worries. Only one roll went awry. The ballsy bastard who went out to poke its eyes got a good roll.
>>
>>37323778
and be the only one who makes it out alive.
>>37323753
9: one man goes out to avenge us
10: everyone else gets cursed.
>>
>>37323812
If we end up with only one survivor, I vote we just send him on a killing spree of every monster he can find until he gets a bad roll. Balls to the wall.
>>
>>37323849
why not.
Maybe the others and spear survived and can start over somewhere safer.
>>
>>37323849
>>37323867
Then this CivQuest turns into Avenging Merfolk Quest
>>
>>37323849
After he returns home and finds the cursed pearl runes of course.
>>
>>37323899
I was thinking more punisher that avenger but hey that works.
>>
File: Talrand-Sky-Summoner-M13-Art.jpg (658KB, 2000x1504px) Image search: [Google]
Talrand-Sky-Summoner-M13-Art.jpg
658KB, 2000x1504px
>>37323899
For retribution.
>>
>>37323936
Turns out the tentacle monster thing is some slumbering god, need to find a way to kill it before it wakes up
>>
The situation was dire and all seemed lost. The creature granted them a very brief respite, surely driven back by the wound in one of its arms, but they could still hear, feel and smell it out there. One of the brothers quickly said:
"Use the nets! If the creature tries tu put an arm back in it will delay it or keep it still so we can hit it!"
he then looked outside. He realised what had to be done.
"I will go outside, and go for the eyes, like we did with the big fish"
He grabed a hatchet and a bone spear tip.
He looked at his brethren one last time bolted for the outside.

Inside, the females prayed to the great blue beyond for mercy, almost curled into a ball, theyr limbs shaking, theyr opercules quickly opening and closing.
The remaining men tried setting a trap at the entrance with the ropes and nets they had, but in their fear and their shaking hands, it set off, and on of them got very badly tangled in a net. Some of the rope got inside his opercule, and his rusling caused the rope to move against his gills, making him bleed.
One of the rocks also fell on top of the unconcious guard, briefly waking him up (altough still in stupor) and making him flail wildly.

It took some time for the praying females to react, but they managed to release the trapped man. However, his gill injurie proved incredibly painful, and made breathing very taxing for him. (1 injured male, will be crippled if he heals)
After the previously flailing guard finally calmed down, they all realised that the expected assault of the beast outside hadn't actually come. As a matter of fact, there was absolutely no noise coming from the outside.

After a lot of hesitation, one of the males peeked outside.

[continues, wait a sec]
>>
>>37323987
F5F5F5F5F5

(don't forget about our rune ideas..!)
>>
>>37323987
Not so bad, just one more injured, we will need a status post bcause I really dont know how many are left\injured\missing\dead...
>>
>>37324082
We'll probably get one at the end of part 2 of the last update.
>>
>>37324011
OP
Runes=carvings in the pearls from the females
>>
>>37324011
never mind about the last one
9: one brave man goes out to defend the home base, our praying doesnt do shit, one guy gets crippled and the nets don't do shit.
also
>>37324122
give him time man.
>>
>>37324143
Got it, thanks. I'm saving all of them.
>>
It was massive.
The damnable thing was as big as a hundred merfolk, with eyes as big as mantas.
Or at least, that was his best guess.
Rather than eyes, all he saw was a round hollow orbit, shreded guts inside.
From it a thick red cloud emanated, along with chunks of flesh that floated around, now being biten by the smaller fish that slowly emerged from their hiding places.

Everyone emerged from their rocky shelter, and beholded the massive mountain of flesh that was the fallen beast.

Then they looked at the reef, or what remained of it. Everywhere the corals had lost their color, and gone a grayish white.
Afther searching in the somewhat coiled arms of the beaten monstrosity, the found a small cloud of scales, and below it the brave brother that had gone to fight the beast. His speartip was still clutched in his hand, now completely red, and soaked in blod. The body was badly mutilated by the teeth that bore the suckers in the creature's arms.

In the aftermath of the recent events your population of known live brethren sums up
3 males, 4 females.

Status: 3 Males (1 injured-unconcious, 1 injured-willcripple), 3 females. No specializations. ]
Resources: Food for 4 turns, 2 wooden poles, 5 meters of woodrope, 2 speartips, small bone pieces, 1 blooded speartip
>>
>>37324186
you should also save all of QM's posts to. To give some context more than what i can give.
>>
>>37324143
>>37324107
Sorry gentlemen, but it is a stressfull situation,
>>
>>37324233
Correction, you no longer have the spear Spear took with him:
Status: 3 Males (1 injured-unconcious, 1 injured-willcripple), 3 females. No specializations. ]
Resources: Food for 4 turns, 2 wooden poles, 5 meters of woodrope, 2 speartips, small bone pieces, 1 blooded speartip
Equipment: basic tools (stone & bone), 2 smallgame nets, 1 midgame net
>>
>>37324250
I vote that the women make a written record of our lives and troubles, and carve them into pearls. Maybe we have some innate magical ability.
>>
>>37324259
Eat. Eat and eat and eat.
Eat and breed. The fish are going to go berserk over a mass of flesh this size and we need to get what we can while we can.
>Eat
>Babies
>GoGo
>>
>>37324233
We take everything we can and move on to the coast line. Maybe we can be safer there.
But we will hold a funeral for our dead brothers and name the one that went out to fight "Courage"

>>37324186
10: the battle is over, the beast is dead. The brother who went out to fight it is gone, named Courage.
>>
What would you do now?
Be creative, there are quite a lot of options and oportunities here.
>>
>>37324306
I say we collect as much food as possible, and procreate while we can. Additionally, we should begin carving our history as in >>37324295

Yes?
>>
>>37324233
What a goddamnded badass. This guy was our Jesus.
>>37324305
I agree with this plan. Grab as much food as possible, move to the coast. It may be dry and uncomfortable but this ocean is hell.
>>
>>37324306
forget the first part of >>37324305
We harvest the beast, chop it up and feast and whatnot. have a funeral for our fallen, and name the one brother who went out Courage. When all is done we impregnate our women and hold the line until we think of something new.
>>
File: mymap.png (71KB, 678x651px) Image search: [Google]
mymap.png
71KB, 678x651px
Reminder that this is what you know of the world for the time being.
>>
>>37324306
Cut as much meat as we can and fucking run to the coast. We can worry about the lost when we are safe.
>>
>>37324348
Agreed.

The women can carve while pregnant, and the men can gather more supplies for the eventual exodus to the coastal waters.
>>
>>37324342
well, you can sure as fuck worship him for the rest of your days, just sayin'>>37324390
>>
So our options are

>Leave immediately, then resettle and procreate

>Procreate and bolster our supplies, then leave

>Other
>>
>>37324459
My vote is for option A. Ocean creatures are fucking us up.
>>
>>37324459
Going for option 2
Also naming the one badass brother Courage. (Until that happens I will be repeating this)
>>
>>37324459
A
>>
>>37324459
Option A, with a corpse that big, scavengers are going to swarm and we are not ready to deal with that shit
>>
>>37324477
I agree, and yes, name him Courage.

So option A it is.
HOWEVER: still think we should be carving runes.
>>
>>37324497
Option A for exactly this reason. Also, let name him Courage
>>
Also out of curiosity
How many people here are also taking part of my Civ? (Giants on Ice)
>>
>>37324503
Runes indeed
>>
>>37324522
I lurked in the first thread.
>>
We also need to have a 2nd thread prepared for the upcoming post limit.
>>
All right.
Wich way do you head to?
what kind of place do you expect to find to settle?
Rune carving? so you want to somehow develop written language & magic?
I'll allow for a double roll in one turn, sure. It's something that can be done in a journey.
>>
>>37324602
I think the consensus is we're heading for dry land.
And yes, the rune carving is both for historical records and hopefully magic.
>>
>>37324602
were heading as close as we can to the coast, probably finding sand and rocks and shit to work with.

We will most likely use the runes to make a language first then magic.
>>
>>37324602
NW hopefully to shallow waters and dry land with clearer waters so as to see threats more quickly and farther out.

And yes, develop writing and (hopefully) magic.
>>
>>37324602
South, away from deep water.
I was hoping for some cliff-sides or swampland.
Anything but this open water nonsense lol
>>
>>37324643
>>37324637
>>37324627
I think it's a plan.
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>37324627
oh right, so south it is. heh.
>>37324647
tbh, it's not that the place is particullary dangerous, you just piled crappy roll after crappy roll and happened to fail at... something, wich brought the kraken on you.
You'll notice the arrival of the thing whitened the coral for ... reasons?
>>37324663
alrighty, rolling for the trip south
>>
>>37324663
May the gods watch over us.
>>
South
>>
>>37324690
Praise the water gods!
>>
>>37324690
Even if the open ocean isn't so inherently dangerous, our characters would think it is, as everyhting they've done has brought unholy wrath upon them.
>>
Ok, this one may take a little while, gotta do a bio break. But i think i've got jsut the thing for you poor poor fish people.
>>
>>37324690
Praise to our (unnamed) god(s)!
>>
I think once we are settle, we should concentrate on food and breeding and carving, we dont have the man power for scouting. Lets just try to survive, its no time for an "all in" shot. Weve just escape a shit ton of shit, lets play safe now
>>
>>37324750
We're running the thread dry, should a new one go up if you'll be gone long?
>>
>>37324770
we should also use any rocks or whatever to build up some kind of building or stronghold to protect ourselves.
>>
Do you think berries would be bad for us to eat?
Any other surface food?
>>
>>37324795
Yes.
>>37324770
Yes.
>>
>>37324795
Poliorcetics, i cant say it enough
>>
>>37324770
Agreed.
So far our first scouting session wounded one of our men, a dude went missing while the scouts were out on their second run, and we lost our best fighters when a scouting party went after the dude.
I vote we don't scout again for a loooooong looooooong time.
>>
>>37324805
Someone make the part 2 thread and link it here while we can.
>>
>>37324852
I'll make it, I think OP is busy.
>>
>>37324936
>>37324936
>>37324936
>>37324936

New thread here >>37324967
>>
>>37324983
will be posting there
>>
>>37322797
or maybe it was a boat
Thread posts: 291
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.