[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me understand Nurgle, /tg/. I understand that he represents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 23

File: latest.jpg (92KB, 661x668px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
92KB, 661x668px
Help me understand Nurgle, /tg/.

I understand that he represents fear and stagnation, but I'm trying to wrap my head around his jolly demeanor. Does it maybe come from denial?

I'm also wondering about what brings his followers to him in the first place. Khorne offers strength to defeat your enemies, Slaanesh offers pleasure, Tzeentch offers power and knowledge...but what about Nurgle? Yes, he offers freedom from pain, but his methods seem a bit more devious. It seems almost sneaky to give someone an illness and them offer them a way out.

Thoughts?
>>
>>37275877
>seems almost sneaky
Yeah, the Chaos gods are dicks. All of them. They truly love you. Truly. But they also love to fuck with you.

Anyway, it could be denial. It could also be from mankind's subconcious need to be comforted in their darkest hours. Nurgle is just like your parents and your friends. He's there for you, though all the pain and wounds and sickness. He'll never betray you, no matter how much you think he should. Because you're perfect just the way you are.
>>
>>37275972
So while following the other gods can be pretty damning, it seems like following Nurgle is worth it...sure, you end up as a bloated stinking monstrosity, but you won't really care anyway, right?
>>
>>37276010
Indeed. Your new friends are just as hideous and deformed as you now. The maggots in your rotting flesh will sing your praises, and the plague flies will cheer on your every action. Soon all the pain will go away, and your life will be filled with festival and merriment, and the warm love of Father Nurgle.

And it's just so comfortable a painkiller that you become slave to it, forever.
>>
>>37275877
Joy. It comes from joy. You see, where Slannesh, Tzeench, or Khorne all delight in using you to perpetuate their goals, Nurgle's goal is your joy. He genuinely wants you to be happy. The twist is that the only joy he experiences, nay, understands comes from his diseases and blight. He is literally attempting to enlighten and free you with sickness.
>>
>>37275972
>They truly love you. Truly. But they also love to fuck with you.

ay mate they just seem to be exactly like your mum lmao
>>
>>37276142
And the stalkhome syndrome, however you spell that
>>
File: not your friend.jpg (26KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
not your friend.jpg
26KB, 640x360px
>>37276272
I'm not your mate, buddy.
>>
>>37275877
I think it's about seeing the world as a horrible sick place with no true beauty. You want to see it rot away while being insensible about it and what better than being the agent of corruption.
>>
>>37276224
>Nurgle's goal is your joy. He genuinely wants you to be happy.
No, his deal is Despair.

>The twist is that the only joy he experiences, nay, understands comes from his diseases and blight
Why has no one on /tg/ read Liber Chaotica. The chaos gods feed on emotion. Disease is not an emotion.
>>
>>37276394

I'm not your buddy, broseph.
>>
>>37276416
yes but the joy of the disease is

papa nurgle loves you
>>
>>37276425
I'm not your broseph, amigo.
>>
>>37276416
He is described as the Great Paradox though, he wants both things. He represents death and rebirth, hope and despair, Decay and growth. He is all these things and more, a disgusting mess of clashing ideals that wish only for your happiness and your sorrow.... If only you give it to him.
>>
>>37276527

I'm not your amigo, friendo.
>>
>>37275877
Nurgle, when you dedicate yourself to him, gives you the fortitude to overcome the pain of whatever malaise laid upon you, But he does this with a sheer sadistic bent; he piles ever more diseases upon you - nurgle's worshippers die sooner or later. Those that crave daemonhood has only as much time as their fortitude allows. Hence nurgle ->starts with despair, values fortitude.
>>
>>37275877
>I understand that he represents fear and stagnation, but I'm trying to wrap my head around his jolly demeanor.

Nurgle is also the god of life. Every death feeds new life. He is a walking contradiction, being all big rotting carcass while full of life and vigor. And so are his daemons, except for plaguebearers, because they're made from mortals and his mortal followers are often somber, tortured souls.

>I'm also wondering about what brings his followers to him in the first place.

Fear of death and decay. People don't want to die and their fear of dying and rotting away, their desperation, is what allows Nurgle to slip in and kiss their boo-boos and wipe their tears while just making it worse. He's like an abusive mother.
>>
File: 1418058923096.gif (221KB, 600x891px) Image search: [Google]
1418058923096.gif
221KB, 600x891px
>>37276010
The same logic can be applied to the others as well. Sure you're a rampaging berserker, but you become so addicted to bloodlust that that's all you want anymore anyway. Sure you've taken your interests to inhuman and truly degenerate extremes and would sicken your old self, but now such horrific actions bring you pure bliss and you view the galaxy as your canvas, eagerly awaiting you to ply your art. Even Tzeentch's empowerment will just leave you wanting more so that you can further your scheming until all else in your life burns to fuel your ambition.
>>
File: Dude 1.jpg (35KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dude 1.jpg
35KB, 300x300px
>>37275877
Well, each chaos god is a perversion o something fundementally positive (except arguably Khorne, but that's not the argument we're having right now.) Slaanesh is the perversion of of joy and pleasure. Tzeench is the perversion of hope, and the drive for a newer better future. Khorne is the perversion of honor and the warrior spirit. Nurgle is a perversion of unconditional love, security, the desire to live forever, and general stagnant contentment.

With regards to what he offers, honestly to me, as a mature 27 year old adult, he's the only truly seductive chaos god. He offers immortality, eternal contentment, and freedom from suffering. He's a perversion of the ultimate goal of every Buddhist and Taoist. To serve the other chaos gods, you need that youthful, "alpha as fuck," narcissistic belief that you truly are that one-in-a-million who isn't going to fail or be a mediocrity. Unless you're badass enough to become a daemon-prince, when you die, your chaos-god won't stop his daemons from eating your soul. Nurgle, on the other hand, loves all of his followers. Barring the garden of traitors, every servant of his becomes another in his legion of plaguebearers. That's immortality insurance. Many would chose the sure thing, and eternal contentment, and freedom from pain, over the gamble that the other chaos gods offer. Hell, from a certain perspective, given the nature of eternal souls in the warhammer world, giving diseases to ultimately lead the masses away from oblivion is more for the greater good than anything a Tau Etherial comes up with. Slaanesh and Khorne own the short-term, but in the end, either Tzeench wins and creates his eternal "Just As Planned" game, which would need to include his rivals, or Nurgle finally consumes all. Either way, being in big-pappa's good graces is the best thing for someone who doesn't have a soulstone.

TLDR, he's the chaos god that The Dude, and the older, more mature, self-aware masses chose.
>>
>>37276426
This bothers me. People don't seem to understand that Nurgle's joy and humor can't be really cruel and dark. Nurgle is the only god that really cares, that sort of thing.

Well, if he does care, his caring kills. People don't turn to him out of love, but out of despair, a desperate final need to save themselves from the oblivion that is death. His humor is twisted schadenfrude at people's suffering, his fun and happiness comes about through a sort of distance, not fully understanding the harm he's causing. Because he can't - it's like trying to tell a fish that swimming is tiring, you prefer walking. It's only ever swam, it can't wrap its head around walking.
>>
>>37275877
>I understand that he represents fear and stagnation
>What does nurgle offer?
Freedom from fear of pain and stagnation.
He doesn't "infect you with a disease then offer you a way out", the disease IS the gift because the more infected you are, the more immune you become.
>>
>>37275877
Because the Chaos gods feed off of more than the negative that they are portrayed.

Khorne is god of bloodshed and rage, but also of valour and honorable combat. The idea that you should fight those worth fighting and die facing your enemy.

Tzeench is manipulation but also the pursuit of knowledge.

Slaanesh is hedonism but also the pursuit of perfection and striving to better oneself.

And finally Nurgle which is the lord of decay and the stifling of progress. But also the return to balance and the release from the suffering associated with death.
>>
>>37278810
I think its more like, the more infected you are, the more you offer him of yourself. Nurgle believes everything he does is for your greater benefit, and that he actually loves you. The ends justify the means, and if gifting you with a horrible disease means that you will completely embrace him, then so be it. It goes even deeper in that he believes that the original disease gift is good too, but thats aside the point of human logic.
>>
Is the four Chaos gods based loosely on the four horsemen
Krone is war
Nurgle is pestilence
>>
>>37279519
no its just a coincidence
>>
>>37279599
>implying BL didn't plagiarize stuff
>>
>>37279616
>implying they did

Who's Death then? Or Famine? Not to forget that Pestilence is not in the Bible, the 4 horsemen in it are Conquest, War, Famine and Death.
>>
Nurgle is for people who would choose a life without feeling, those who would prefer to eternally rot and decompose. Almost no one chooses nurgle willingly, because what he offers is so shit.

His followers are jovial because like him they feed on their victims despair at his afflictions. Like a troll drinks internet tears a nurgle follower drinks despair.

He also expects you to contaminate other people with his rot. You don't just sit around, you have to fucking give the gift that keeps on giving.

There is no reason to like nurgle, because it is better to be dead than one of his "chosen". He is the worst god by far, and related him to the dude is a god damn crime.
>>
>>37279712
>Conquest and War being separate horsemen
>Whoever wrote the bible not being a hack
>>
>>37276653
>friendo
I'm not your friendo, guy.
>>
40k is fucked up yo.
>>
Nurgle is your slowly dying grandmother, loosing bits of sanity as her brain stops working.

You can't change her.
>>
>>37276377
>can't spell Stockholm

'murican education
>>
>>37279827
>implying you can only conquer through war
>implying war is always for conquest
>implying famine and pestilence aren't close enough to one another

What mythological design school did you go to?
>>
>>37276377
>>37279912
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrdt7GxBnV0

Fükkén Ämerikåns.
>>
>>37276613
Pretty sure Tzeench is hope and that's why he hates Nurgle's fat ass.
>>
>>37280019
That's what it says in the old Realm of Chaos books, at least. Nurgle is Despair and Stagnation, Tzeentch Hope and Change, and thus they are opposites.
>>
>>37278724
>Well, each chaos god is a perversion o something fundementally positive (except arguably Khorne, but that's not the argument we're having right now.)

Passion bro.
>>
>>37280052
Yeah, zeal type passion, not the love kind.
>>
>>37279842

I'm not your guy, muchacho.
>>
>>37275877
Nurgle's point is that he's the complete nihilist. He just doesn't give a fuck anymore, and is worshipped by equaly broken people equally incapable to give a shit about anything anymore. All the chaos Gods's gifts are curses in disguise: khorne gives you the strenght to obtain what you want and erases your personality step by bloody step so that all you want is more strenght, more violence... Tzeench makes you Smart and gives you mindblowing psychic powers so as to feed your huge occultist ego a la "I ALONE COMMAND THE HIDDEN FORCES OF THE UNIVERSE" while making you a pawn in a multiversal incomprehensible game of chess... Slaanesh gives you so much pleasure and pain you become numb to everything but what it decides to inflict/concede you directly or otherwise by doing its bidding... Nurgle washes the pain of what happened away, explained you that nothing matters in the end, not Her smile forever gone, not your son's laughter forever muted, because everything will be consumed by the entropy that is nurgle in the end. The more you realize it the more the sickness that is nurgle metastatizes in you, the more you become incapable to feel anything but joyous desperation. Nothing will hurt you again now...
>>
ITT: /tg/ confirmed for nurglites
>>
Nurgle is a fucking asshole that delights in his followers' suffering. I'll never understand how people came to the conclusion that he's a nice guy.
>>
File: Plague_Marine.jpg (158KB, 628x858px) Image search: [Google]
Plague_Marine.jpg
158KB, 628x858px
I personally think part of the "joy" that Nurgle provides is freedom from fear. Fear of death, fear of disease, fear of aging...Nurgle provides a way out of the endless cycle by allowing one to embrace the very things they are afraid of, and thus become immune to it. You bloat, you rot, you become the very image of death and decay, and in turn become immune to the fear of such things. You don't have the thoughts of "Oh God, one day, I'm going to die", because you already have died, in a way, and found out that it's not all that bad. You know that if you do die for good in combat, The Garden of Nurgle awaits, a veritable decomposing paradise. You enemies, on the other hand, those that are not enlightened members of the Nurg Culti, must contend with the fact that you are the walking, talking embodiment of everything they secretly fear. You are the hideous, bloated corpse they will one day become. You are the disease that will drain away their strength. You are the inevitable end that will meet them, one way or another. And what's worse, you're laughing at them

So yeah, Nurgle takes away fear and uncertainty, and in turn makes you the living embodiment of mortal fears of death and decay. Pretty sweet deal, all in all.
>>
>>37280912
Because he takes the feeling of despair away and makes you love your affliction.

He only wants you to be happy
>>
It's a comfort in pain to have friends in suffering.
>>
>>37281218
I find it kinda weird that the armor for that marine is fat just 'cause he's Nurgly. Like, why would his armor bloat out like that?
>>
>>37281218
>>37281387
Upon closer inspection I have found that I am blind and retarded and did not really notice that the belly of the chest part is just pieces riveted back on. Guess that's why it looks weird to me.
>>
>>37278159
This illustration is real cute
>>
I've always felt Nurgle was a bit out of place compared to the other Gods, as his followers would mostly be the apathetic and the powerless.

Worshippers of the other gods will aspire to great deeds as a result of the extremity of their emotions, but Nurgle would attract all the useless, despondent, weak willed shits.
>>
>>37276613
>He represents death and rebirth
>Decay and growth
Nurgle is the god of slow decay and stagnation, among other things. All the emotions associated with that (including disgust, sadness and, yes, despair, but also determination) feed Nurgle.
>>
>>37275877
It's acceptance.
We live in fear of death and disease, but nurgle and his follower embrace the biological shortcomings of being an organism, and turn them around into advantages. They have accepted their form in the universe, and embrace it; flaws and all.
>>
>>37280239
Assuming we're not Tzeentchian. Or Slaaneshi.
>>
>>37279519
>>37279599
>>37279616
>>37279712
>>37279827
>>37279942
I did say loosely
fuck the bible I didnt mention the bible!
four horsemen as everybody knows are
war famine pestilence and death
krone is war
nurgle is pestilence
and the other two are changeable
maybe who made up the chaos gods didnt copy it and changed the other two as deadly sins
I dont know what there all about lust and greed maybe fucked if i know
>>
>>37281497
I read OP's post, thought about what I was going to say- and saw you've already posted it word for word
>>
>>37281218
I'm not too into the whole bloating thing as an army wide style. I like to think that plague marines or marines in general could be affected by the virus differently. A husk of an astartes coughing and spluttering with greyed skin, maybe even with bones popping out would be pretty spooky too. Harder to represent under power armour though.
>>
>>37278159
I didn't realise that nurgles icon was a cock n balls all the time in past editions. I thought that the three circles just looked a bit dick-like on certain older models.
>>
>>37280210
I like this interpretation the most. Especially because it shows that Nurgle does not make you lose your personality any less than the other chaos gods. I understand that from a rational perspective Nurgle's deal sounds better than the others, but he's a chaos god after all and not a charity.
>>
>>37276377
>Stalkhome syndrome
>Named after Stalkhome
>the capital of Sweetdome
>>
>>37281644
Is that in spamdinner-navy-la?
>>
>>37279721
Nurgle confirmed the god of 4chan.
Oh joy.
Explains why there are so many sick fatasses though.
>>
>>37281675
yep, north of Eropie
>>
>>37281687
each board like the many chaos chapters have there own god
/tg/ /v/ are Nurgle for sure
>>
>>37281724
northern, even.
Captcha: chaotic nihilism
Fucking hell, it knows.
>>
Why is it the most stern and morose chaos legion embraced the most joyful chaos god?
>>
>>37281727
/b/ is probably also nurgle, oldfagging and drinking tears of trolled people, also all fat and stagnant in life.

/k/ is khorne, /gif/ is slaneesh...
Ok fair enough, you are right.
>>
>>37281745
Because only papa nurgle could ever love those fucks.
>>
>>37281724
norpum hydrosphere the wurrg
>>
>>37281749
I like it should we get a thread going of each board and selected god and chapter

does anybody have a better/new copy of this?
google let me down :(
>>
>>37281814
Go start it!
>>
>>37275877
>I'm trying to wrap my head around his jolly demeanor. Does it maybe come from denial?
He's jolly because he's the only one that can afford to be. All the other worship acts of chaos require your complicity, in some serious way. You must seek out blood for the blood god. You must go set plans in motion. You must seek out higher sensory extremes. You are always enjoined to do more of these things, to give more of yourself. The primary worship act for Nurgle is just... being diseased. It's something that the world has inflicted on you, without much choice on your part, and so the superficial aspects of your psyche can be arbitrarily flexible while still remaining compliant. Why not be jolly, then?

>>37281745
because it doesn't matter, sick is sick, mortal is mortal
>>
>>37281307
Then why are all his followers sad fucks?

>>37281444
He is also a god of life, creating new pestilence, his gardens, etc. Death isn't final, it's a step in the endless cycle of life. That is stagnation, the endless repetition, the acceptance that nothing can be done to change it, to lay down and accept your fate.

Tzeentch is the one that feeds on the hope that something can be done, the people who say "no" to the established order, who will change into existence, who strive to make a difference.
>>
>>37275877
Out of all chaos gods, Nurgle is the quickest route to immortality.

Are you afraid of dying of sickness or old age? Are you afraid of dying alone?

Nurgle can fix that.
All pain and suffering? gone
At that point, all those lifeforms in you that tried to kill you stop looking so terrible when you realize that they're just afraid to die just as you were.

You will decay over time of course, but the diseased mass that used to be your body still lives on and just like the diseases lived off you, so too will you live off on it, nurtured by Nurgle's love.
>>
>>37275877
>denial
acceptance. You're going to die, accept that and stop worrying, go have some fun.
>>
>>37282023
>You're going to die, accept that and stop worrying, go have some fun
That's Slaanesh.
She's a warped expression of fertility, love and nihilistic hedonism.
>>
>>37281827
>>37281814

here
>>37282091
>>
Is there a chaos god strong enough and totally down to earth, roots in reality and totally mature.
>>
>>37282160
All of them are, but not.
That's the point.
They're twisted and warped versions of existing god archetypes.
>>
>>37281644
Underrated post
>>
Okay. Can we talk about tzeench now? 40k nwebie here, i really enjoyed the discussion about nurgle. But i was always interested in tzeench.
>>
>>37282561
Extremely polite bump
>>
>>37282561
You can't talk about Tzeentch because when you try to talk about him he changes and what you're talking about no longer applies.
>>
>>37282561
What do you want to talk about? He's the God of schemes, ambitions, hope and general change.
>>
>>37282819
Well, what do you get if you join hím? Space magic? What is the downside of tzeench? What is he trying to achive? Also, the daemonettes and the nurglettes are cute. does he has any cute grills?
>>
>>37282819
Oh also tzeench related image dump please?
>>
>>37283013
>Space magic?
There honestly aren't many of his followers. I think that Thousand Sons are the only big name one.
But yeah, the mark of Tzeentch basically upgrades your soul to Humanity 2.0 (Psyker).

>Downsides
Tzeench does not care about you at all. He is a god and you are a mercenary. He might give you psyker powers just so your body can be used as a portal for Daemons in the future.

>>37283013
Daemonettes
Tzeentch Daemons are all about change and mutation, which is why the either look like birds or are a mass of limbs.
>>
File: Lord of Change.jpg (519KB, 885x884px) Image search: [Google]
Lord of Change.jpg
519KB, 885x884px
>>37283013
>what do you get if you join hím
Lots of mutations.

>What is the downside of tzeench
Lots of mutations.

>What is he trying to achive
What isn't he trying to achieve? He has trillions of plans, some of which are conflicting, all of which are tangled.

>the daemonettes and the nurglettes are cute. does he has any cute grills
Maybe if you like birds.
>>
File: LordofChangefemale.jpg (87KB, 450x815px) Image search: [Google]
LordofChangefemale.jpg
87KB, 450x815px
>>37283013
>>37283056
Here is a female Lord of Change.
>>
I'd note that there ARE good gods. Chaos gods do represent bad... But they don't necessarily represent good either. Note, burgle holds a god of healing in his prison. Why does a god of healing represent rebirth and life less than nurgle?

To some extent, I think its of ppl in the 40k universe are like ppl in this thread; progress, valour, happiness, life are thought to be by default a Chaos god's realm while it doesnt have to be. As a result, chaos gets stronger when it doesnt have to be.
>>
>>37283081
Hm, hes not as intreresting as it seemed first. Nurgle seemes better. How about the other two? Khorn seemes the worst.
>>37283083
That is one awesome pic, thanks Anon!
>>37283099
Too bad im not really into bird grills. One more point for papa nurgle
>>
File: Daemonette 2.jpg (141KB, 900x1205px) Image search: [Google]
Daemonette 2.jpg
141KB, 900x1205px
>>37283180
You do know nurglettes aren't actually a thing, right? Only side with cute demon girls is naturally Slaanesh.
>>
File: valkia.jpg (81KB, 600x521px) Image search: [Google]
valkia.jpg
81KB, 600x521px
>>37283208
Heard you talking shit, bitch.
>>
>>37276613
Hope is Tzeench's shtick.
>>
File: Miriael Sabathiel.jpg (40KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Miriael Sabathiel.jpg
40KB, 400x400px
>>37283259
Ascended humans don't count. Slaanesh has the most cute human girls too though.
>>
>Because you're perfect just the way you are.
>Your new friends are just as hideous and deformed as you now.
>The maggots in your rotting flesh will sing your praises, and the plague flies will cheer on your every action.
Sounds like tumblr to me.
>>
>>37283313
>daemon prince doesn't count
>some corrupt human does

It's ok, I wouldn't want to admit defeat either.
>>
File: chaos_cultist_slaanesh.jpg (530KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
chaos_cultist_slaanesh.jpg
530KB, 1000x1500px
>>37283339
Did you stop reading halfway through? If we're including human, ascended or not, then Slaanesh has plenty of those too. I'd say its a safe bet that Slaanesh has the most female followers.
>>
>>37283324
>Hate filled crusades
>Gender subversion taken to the extreme
>Backstabbing plots to become e-famous
Tumblr is the warp.
>>
>>37283366
Possibly because a third of them weren't female to begin with, and a third of them are "also" female.
>>
Nurgle is the god of both despair AND joy in the same way that Bacchus is the god of both merriment and death. As noted by Silenus, a famous follower of Bacchus: "the best thing for a man is not to be born, and if already born, to die quickly."

The "happiness" of Nurgle's followers is the half-defiant, half-despairing laughter you get when faced with just how fucked you are, and just how absurd and uncaring the universe is. It's like Walter White laughing his ass off in the crawlspace when he realizes he's a dead man. Nurgle is there to show you that everything, every effort of mankind, counts for absolutely fucking nothing in the end. As Hamlet notes, maggots eat Kings and Peasants alike. We're all a big family, united by the loving corpse-arms of decay and entropy.
>>
File: Daemonettes.jpg (49KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Daemonettes.jpg
49KB, 600x620px
>>37283366
>all that damage control
>all that moving the goal post

Claim was "Only side with cute demon girls is naturally Slaanesh." Valkia is a daemon prince, ergo a daemon.

Not to forget that no amount of fan art and old models will remove the fact that daemonettes, officially, now look like pic related burn victims of a fire at the transgender clinic and drag queen bar.
>>
>>37283470
>despair AND joy

[citation needed]
>>
>>37283492

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Nurgle
>>
>>37283475
>Not to forget that no amount of fan art and old models will remove the fact that daemonettes, officially, now look like pic related burn victims of a fire at the transgender clinic and drag queen bar.

>miniatures represent the entirety of fluff
the deamonette will look how the fuck she desires to look at a given momment

do you imply that all marines look like marines from tactical squad box? and marines that dont have their own bits dont exist or look generic as fuck with no kind of icongraphy present?

40k is a setting of diversity and it is not defined by miniatures. everything goes, from khornatte deamonnettes to beautiful slaanesh deamonettes
>>
>>37283426
Good enough for me.

>>37283475
I hope you're not being serious. Neither of us is wrong, I was just talking about regular daemons as opposed to ascended humans.
>>
>>37283608
One thing I love about Slaanesh is the excess.
Sure there are hermaphrodite mutants with piles of gigantic boobs and male genitalia in some daemon worlds.
>>
>>37283560
>citing wiki as source

But ok, I'll play your sick game.

>ctrl + f "joy"
>1 result
>"His daemon servants and mortal followers usually demonstrate a disturbing joviality and JOY at the pestilence that he inflicts, seeing the plagues as gifts and the cries of their victims as gratitude rather than agony. This is demonstrated on the Daemon World of Bubonicus, where an endless chain of crazed revellers circle the planet's equator in a never-ending dance.[Needs Citation]"
>"[Needs Citation]"

Oh wow.

But hey, lets look at some of Nurgle's daemons and followers from lexicanum, shall we?

>Death Guard
>"Their surrender to Nurgle caused them to become self loathing and now they seek to spread ruin and decay in order to let their own fate appear less shameful in comparison."
>Index Astartes III: The Lost and the Damned

>Plaguebearers
>"Their sonorous voices attempt to keep count of the number of noxious plagues unleashed by Nurgle; an impossible task, for the Grandfather of Plagues constantly invents new strains of viruses. Mortals who listen to these cursed chants can often fall ill."
>WD274: Index Malleus: Daemon of the Warp

Truly their joy overflows.
>>
>>37283595
>only slaaneshi daemons can into illusions
>implying tricking the eye is representative of the daemon's true form

>>37283608
>daemon prince is not a daemon
>>
File: Zealot of Slaanesh.jpg (94KB, 434x720px) Image search: [Google]
Zealot of Slaanesh.jpg
94KB, 434x720px
>>37283801
>daemon prince is not a daemon
Said no one ever. But hey, you're giving me excuses to post more Slaaneshi pictures.
>>
>>37283763

How about his plague-world where the entire equator is lined by people dancing and partying 24 hours a day?

But seriously, wow, are you telling me that this thirty-year old game with a rotating staff of writers is going to be inconsistent? Amazing.

Remember when the Necrons were acting under the command of C'tan, instead of being their jailers? Or how about when the Emperor became a super-atheist who only cared about science despite the fact that he's an immortal wizard who has existed since the dawn of time?

We're both right.
>>
>>37283825
>Said no one ever.
>"Ascended humans don't count."
>"talking about regular daemons as opposed to ascended humans"

Behavior worthy of a Slaaneshifag.
>>
File: 1418169207208.jpg (256KB, 565x800px) Image search: [Google]
1418169207208.jpg
256KB, 565x800px
>>37283885
We were talking about daemonettes and daemonette equivalents. Context matters.
>>
>>37283844
>How about his plague-world where the entire equator is lined by people dancing and partying 24 hours a day?

So one planet proves that Nurgle is a god of joy? I'm sure a Khorne warband that upholds honor over mindless bloodshed also proves Khorne is all about honorabre dispray.

>But seriously, wow, are you telling me that this thirty-year old game with a rotating staff of writers is going to be inconsistent? Amazing.

What is amazing is that you clearly haven't read any of that fluff. If you did, you'd notice that Nurgle is not about joy. He might be a jovial fuck, and some of his daemons carry this joviality, but he does not feed on joy from his followers any more than Khorne feeds on honor.

Despair, fear, etc. are what attracts Nurgle. He doesn't want you to be happy anymore than Slaanesh wants you to become a rational, loving husband or Khorne a honorable duelist. The more you despair and fear death, the harder you cry over your state, the more Nurgle loves it.

It's been his fluff forever.
>>
>>37283932
>"Only side with cute demon girls is naturally Slaanesh."

Ah, yes, I missed the little asterisk with "only lesser daemons apply, no other form of daemon allowed".
>>
File: Daemonette_cx.jpg (235KB, 631x1058px) Image search: [Google]
Daemonette_cx.jpg
235KB, 631x1058px
>>37284012
>the daemonettes and the nurglettes are cute. does he has any cute grills
>You do know nurglettes aren't actually a thing, right? Only side with cute demon girls is naturally Slaanesh.
Like I said, context.
>>
File: nurgling.png (772KB, 536x600px) Image search: [Google]
nurgling.png
772KB, 536x600px
>>37283763
Read fucking nurglings, unless they changed something they've always been the joyous little children (and therefor insufferable scary little fuckers)
>>
>>37284063
See >>37283957
>>
>>37284055
Then why was Miriel, a mortal, allowed to be used as proof of Slaanesh's pretty girls. She's not a lesser daemon either.

Also: >>37283099

You didn't go "that don't count" on that one.
>>
>>37284123
but nurgle fluff always goes on about Entropy and shit, the joy part is essentially when you succumb and give up on everything.

You stop feeding him fear and despair the moment you become a true follower, since you embrace the entropy and pointlessness of everything, at which point you just do stuff for shits and giggles. and even that is ultimately pointless in grander scheme of things, when the unrelenting wheel of time is taken into account
>>
File: pornifex.jpg (147KB, 1000x1066px) Image search: [Google]
pornifex.jpg
147KB, 1000x1066px
>>37284185
different anon here but
>>37283099
isn't a lord of change, it's a fucking mutated tzeench sorcerer.
>>
>>37284185
>Then why was Miriel, a mortal, allowed to be used as proof of Slaanesh's pretty girls. She's not a lesser daemon either.
She wasn't counted as a a daemon.
>Ascended humans don't count. Slaanesh has the most cute human girls too though.
>Did you stop reading halfway through?
>Slaanesh has the most cute human girls too though.
>>
>>37284220
[citation needed]

If you've read the latest daemon codex, for example, you'll note that people afflicted with Nurgle's Rot remain alive as long as they resist. The moment they give in, they die and turn into plaguebearers. The longer they resist, the more powerful the plaguebearer.

>You stop feeding him fear and despair the moment you become a true follower

Yeah, just look at Death Guard, they're a real riot, ain't they? Or do they not count as "true followers?" Giving into entropy and embracing your death usually leads to just dying. The longer you fear it, the longer you despair, the longer you cling to life. Nurgle prolongs your death and reminds you of your mortality as long as possible to feed every little morsel of emotion out of you. Once you become dulled, once you accept, you're of no use to him and might as well die.

>You stop feeding him anger and blood the moment you become a true follower
>You stop feeding him pleasure and excess the moment you become a true follower
>You stop feeding him hope and change the moment you become a true follower

That's how smart that sounds.
>>
>>37284265
Not all of these supposed "cute slaanesh demon girls" are demons either.

It was represented as an example of a female Lord of Change and none of the "only lesser daemons count in this conversation" people went after that fact.

>>37284344
>She wasn't counted as a a daemon.

Did I imply she was? If Miriel and old daemonettes are proof that only Slaanesh has cute girls, why doesn't Valkie count?
>>
>>37280126
You are now.
>>
>>37284584

I'm still awake and I won't let you opress my identity.
>>
>>37284457
>Did I imply she was? If Miriel and old daemonettes are proof that only Slaanesh has cute girls, why doesn't Valkie count?
The original point was that only Slaanesh fields cute girls as regular daemons. You brought up Valkia, so I said if we're going to bring out cute human, ascended or otherwise, followers then Slaanesh will win that too. Thus Miriael. Glad I could recap that for you.
>>
>>37275877
Nurgle also represents spite.
>>
File: nurgle-beastmodel.jpg (73KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
nurgle-beastmodel.jpg
73KB, 480x600px
>>37284377
I never said everyone would be happy about it, mostly accepting that everything is ultimately pointless leads to depression, that's the normal human reaction.

But your second point is asinine.

The only point where a Khorne, Slaanesh og Tzeentch follower stops doing any of that is when they die.

A nurgle follower however can very well continue being a servant of nurgle without in any way feeding him directly. If you accept the inevitability of everything and just stop giving a fuck you don't stop being a nurgle follower, you're still full of disease which you can spread to others. And like his great unclean ones he'll still care for you.

Not every single nurgle follower has nurgles rot after all, far from it, since it's seen as a great gift. (As seen in mordheim and the rpgs)
>>
>>37284636
>The original point was that only Slaanesh fields cute girls as regular daemons.

Well, you didn't bring up your point very clearly, seeing that non-lesser daemon females had already been brought up before.

>Slaanesh will win that too

You never said it was about who has the cutest girls or the most cute girls, just that ONLY Slaanesh has them, which is not true because of Valkia.
>>
>>37284710
>But your second point is asinine.

So Nurgle is the only god that doesn't need their followers to have emotions? What sort of a point is that? Just as well you can be a follower of Khorne who doesn't feel anger nor kill, or a follower of Slaanesh without feeling any joy and living a modest life.

>Not every single nurgle follower has nurgles rot after all

No, but it's to illustrate the fact that as long as you don't accept, you'll survive, and the more you resist, the more energy you feed to it and the stronger plaguebearer you'll turn into.
>>
>>37284836
>Well, you didn't bring up your point very clearly
Not him, but I'm pretty sure it's you
>>
>>37281499
Considering we're calling ourselves fa/tg/uys and nerd BO is legendary, I'd say we're all nurglites.
Hell, we even have our own elf waifu each.
>>
>>37281724
>not Yurp
>>
>>37284904
>you can be a follower of Khorne who doesn't feel anger nor kill

No actually, you're a pretty shitty follower of khorne if you don't feel anger or kill. And will never amount to anything. Same goes for your Slaanesh example.

A nurgle follower can accept the inevitability of it all, realize that pain, fear and death is all pointless. Personally feeding nurgle NOTHING as he doesn't dispair and meets the universe in general with apathy, meanwhile spreading disease abound as you either chose to tell others of your revelation or not.

You cannot become a daemon prince of khorne by being a pacifist. But you damn well can become a daemon prince of nurgle without having any of the emotions that you insist are the only ones he embody. You could be the jolliest mother fucker in the galaxy, spreading disease and suffering abound while you laugh all the way to the bank and cash in your immortality.

it's this very fact that makes nurgle way creepier.
>>
>>37284908
>"only slaanesh has cute demon girls"
>"what about valkia?"
>"don't count, not lesser daemon"
>"you didn't say lesser daemons only"
>"context"
>female Lord of Change talked about two posts before

Yes, it's just me.
>>
>>37283324
If it was self-diagnosed mental diseases it would be tumblr verbatim.
>>
>>37285176
Spreading diseases doesn't make you a follower, it just makes you a vector. Librarian turning into a daemon gate doesn't mean he turned to the dark gods, it just means he got taken over and used.

>You could be the jolliest mother fucker in the galaxy, spreading disease and suffering abound while you laugh all the way to the bank and cash in your immortality.

Again, doesn't make Nurgle a god of joy anymore a carefully planned extermination of a few planets to gain Khorne's favor makes Khorne any less the god of Blood and Anger.
>>
>>37285290
>Doesn't make him a god of joy
Except for you know, the nurglings and great unclean ones you ignored many posts further up.

And actually yes you'd still be a nurgle follower, because the fucker embodies Entropy and the Meaningless of it all.

He is the god who literally has a thing called 'Carnival of Nurgle'. Even if it's a fucked up horror thing to anyone who meets it, you cannot deny that it's full of it's own brand of joy.
>>
>>37280210
so basically-

nurgle allows you to be dead on the outside when you already are on the inside.
>>
>>37285526
It truly is, the perfect death.
>>
>>37280031
>Tzeentch hope and change

Obama is the Changeling..

and to the fucking retard that posted "Stalkhome Syndrome" - youre an embarrassment to yourself, the hobby, /tg/, your country, and your parents. thats just inexcusable.
>>
>>37285388
>Except for you know, the nurglings and great unclean ones you ignored many posts further up.

Except, you know, I addressed that shit even further up, but you seemed to have ignored that.

The claim was Nurgle is a god of "despair AND joy". Nurgle is the god of despair and decay. He is fed by mortal fear of death and despair. Just because he's jovial and some of his daemons carry this aspect, doesn't make him the god of joy anymore than that one bloodletter chasing worthy opponents makes Khorne a god of honor. Daemons and gods can have personality, but what feeds them and what gains their attention is quite defined.

And if you read the fluff regarding the Carnival of Nurgle, you'll note that it's mostly just plaguebearers droning on. Not a great big riot of laughter and shit.
>>
So many anons in here posting their own interpretation of Nurgle and somehow confusing it with canon/fact. Your view is your view, youre allowed to have it. Please stop mistaking it for indisputable truth though, youre too old to still be that stupid.
>>
>>37285599
But it is not True Death.
>>
>>37278724
>and the older, more mature, self-aware masses chose.

Can you sound any more pretentious, you fucking fedora tipper
>>
>>37285751
>Not a great big riot of laughter and shit

What is the whole text about nurglings dancing in circles
Beasts of nurgles running around like fucking happy puppies.
Great unclean being all happy and shit because he's so proud of his 'family'

Literally only the plaguebearers get shafted in that deal. And that's because it's their fucking stick to be depressed 24/7

I don't know how it is in the new book, but I'm talking about the text in the good old Mordheim supplement for playing as the carnival of nurgle.
>>
>>37287215
What I read from the Carnival of Chaos from Mordheim, it's mostly just show to get a big crowd, then, when everyone gathered, shit gets real, masks fly off and it's one mad slaughter before packing up and moving on to their next target.

>"The Carnival of Chaos is the sick joke of the Great Lord of Decay, the Chaos god known as Nurgle."
>>
>>37281530
Loosely would have ti have some semblance of being right to be loosely.
You're not right
At all
>>
>>37275877
http://www.bogleech.com/halloween/hall14-nurgle.html
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.