[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civ Quest: Lets see if I can live up to my name!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 7

File: Civs.jpg (4MB, 2700x6000px) Image search: [Google]
Civs.jpg
4MB, 2700x6000px
You all know the rules!
First 3 races
First 3 places
Lets keep from using any races that have been used rescently (Homunculus, Orcs, that sorta thing)
>>
>>37141481
Drow
Islands
>>
>>37141481
Slimes
Floating Islands
>>
>>37141528
Ive always wanted to see a game on Floating Islands.
>>
>>37141481
Harpy,Canyon
>>
>>37141481
Machines, Desert
>>
>>37141481
Harpy, Floating Island
>>
2 for harpies
2 for floating islands
>>
>>37141528
Thirded
>>
Floating Islands locked in
2 for slimes
2 for harpies.
I think we need either a tie breaker or a usurper.
>>
Gnolls

Floating Islands
>>
>>37141727
This

Was going to vote Skaven, but Gnolls were my next choice.
>>
>>37141727
Our hyena friends have entered the fray!
>>
>>37141727
Seconding Gnolls
>>
GNOOOOOOOOOOOLLS!
>>
>>37141777
Thank god.
>>
Gnolls/Floating Islands. This is gonna get weird.
Give me a few minutes to work out some basics. Any tech level you all are interested in?
>>
>>37141814
Gunpowder might be cool.

A civ of Gnolls re-purposing small islands into floating battleships with cannons and blunderbusses sounds right up my alley.
>>
>>37141814
How about Space Gnolls/Asteroids?
If anyone else is interested, of course.
>>
>>37141871
Sky-pirate Gnolls?
Sky-pirate Gnolls.
>>
>>37141908
I may not have said the word Sky-Pirate, but that was exactly what I was hinting at.
>>
>>37141929
I like it, and so it will be.
(Im so sorry if I dont live up to any of your expectations)
Writing now
>>
>>37141952
This is the first time I've taken part/paid attention to one of these threads.
Noticed they seem to be a /tg/ staple
>>
>>37141481
Civ thread when I'm supposed to be doing my coursework. Great.

Sky-Pirate Gnolls, ho!
>>
>>37141981
I might not be the one you want to look at first.
Not joking when I say Im terrible
>>
>>37142041
No worries pal
I'll have fun regardless
>>
gnolls have harnessed the magic that keeps the islands afloat and used it to make their own ships fly
>>
>>37142041

I'm sure this will turn out well myself, hopefully a civ thread we all can keep going.
>>
File: The Sky Was Never THe Limit.jpg (185KB, 900x759px) Image search: [Google]
The Sky Was Never THe Limit.jpg
185KB, 900x759px
Gnolls

1 Ship (Name needed)

45 Gnoll Ship Hands

1 Gnoll Alpha (Name needed)

15 Elf Slaves

The last raid was a bad one, the small Elven town turned out to have had a magus in it and his fire had claimed the lives of a dozen of your crew. Numbers that your clan wouldn’t be able to recover for quite some time, given that before your father’s death he had succumbed to madness and slaughtered the majority of the females. A shout from below deck catches your ear, a few snarls and the sound of bones breaking and a Gnoll is brought up to the deck. His left arm twisted in an unnatural position, eyes drooping. “This one was found eating one of the cargo, what would you have us do?” Your first mate is a huge brute of a Gnoll, with a savage scar down his face from when he first tried to usurp your father, and failed.

We need a name, a ship name as well
>>
Also yall need to choose a magic type
[Death]
[Blood]
[Wind]
[Plague]
First with 2 chosen will be it
>>
>>37142286
Blood magic
>>
We should pick wind magic. It help us move from island to island, and can use it to slow down ships to prey upon them easier.
>>
>>37142241
Ship Name: Owarofo

Gnoll Alpha Name: Andische Könnauge
>>
>>37142241
Wind
are hyenas close to dogs? then the ship is [The Mad Hound]
>>
>>37142241
As our alpha is the captain and needs a real pirate name
Name: Arrrrr'kaf Blackfang
Better know as Cap'n Blackfang

I'm poor at names and can't get 'Backfang' out of my head for some reason

>>37142517
Apparently Hyenas are more closely related to cats than dogs
The more you know~!
>>
>>37142286
Wind Magic Chosen
[Spell learned; Gale - Produce a powerful burst of wind in the direction of your choosing, away from the caster.
And I think hyenas are closer to cats than dogs? Oddly enough
>>
>>37142241
The Pint
Kolumbus

>>37142286
Plague magic
>>
>>37142241
Ship name: The Alpha Bitch

>>37142405
Blood
>>
3rd-ing wind for best travel

Are Gnolls really based off of hyenas?
because IRL hyenas are an SJW's dream come true
>>
>>37142553
The "Hyanas are more like cats" Is the same kind of thing as pointing out how one of Manatees closest relatives are fucking elephants. It's a fucked up species. Really no sense in comparing them to either cats or dogs.
>>
So what would you have done to the Gnoll who thought (or didnt think) to kill and eat one of your hard fought for pieces of Elven cargo?
[Kill him]
[Flog him in front of the crew]
[Let him off with a warning]
[Bind him and leave him to the elves]
>>
>>37142620
Flog him

Don't want to look weak, but we still need our crew alive to operate the ship.
>>
>>37142592
>because IRL hyenas are an SJW's dream come true
Why?
>>
>>37142620
flog him and then send him to the brig
you want to remain in our crew? you need discipline.
>>
>>37142620
>[Flog him in front of the crew]
Also, name the alpha as Mr. Rabies
>>
>>37142681
He's an idiot who thinks that because one species of hyena is matriarchal and has a external vagina commonly called a "pseudo penis" it makes the animal SJW related.
>>
>>37142681
{Flog him in front of the crew}

The deck of your ship is slick with blood and the hound who dared devour your cargo hangs by his wrists from a pair of posts. "Remove him and take him down to the Bones." The command is carried out instantly by your first mate and another crewhand.
Turning to your now dissipating crew going back to their labors you have to make a call.
[Head to Free Port]
[Head Home]
[Hunt for another town to raid]
>>
[Head to Free Port] 1 day
[Head Home] 3 days
[Hunt for another town to raid] Unknown (Roll 2d100)

Fuck I am bad and forgot this part
>>
>>37142815
How big is our ship? Do we have any guns on it? Do slaves bring in a pretty penny?

Just wondering if we should recruit more crewmen.
>>
Should head home, dump off a majority of the elves to keep for eating or labor. Then go to free port to sell the rest of the elves for goods or equipment and find other sorry saps to rob.
>>
>>37142888
>[Head to Free Port]

Best not to push our luck. We should unload what we've got at the port and restock before we go raiding again.
>>
>>37142888
lets head for home to recruit some replacements and/or hold elves for ransom
>>
>>37142945
Glad someone asked because I wasnt sure til now
The Bloodletter has no cannons or deck guns and relies completely on boarding action and its incredible speed to combat other ships and raid. Its a fairly small ship, focused on speed and stealth rather than cargo space and firepower. Your father was well known for his ruthless and bloodthirsty raids that left no survivors or living cargo.

Vote Landed [Head Home]
Please roll 2d100 first 2 will be selected.
>>
>>37142888
>[Head to Free Port] 1 day
Sell off some elves and restock for another raid
>>
Rolled 2, 58 = 60 (2d100)

>>37143042
>>
Rolled 95, 80 = 175 (2d100)

>>37143042
>>
If we sell the slaves don't sell them all, we should keep some for ourselves so we can train them.

Trained and conditioned slaves will probably run for more coin on the market.
>>
File: Gnolls on Parade.jpg (128KB, 887x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Gnolls on Parade.jpg
128KB, 887x1024px
Not hours from home you are brought from your cabin by shouts and the scent of panic. "SHIP OF THE PORT BOW!" Now alarm bells are being rung and Gnolls burst from below deck. From behind an island a ship. White wood bow with bright blue trim, a angled, bright gold and blue sail is taught against the wind. An elf ship.
Even from here you can see deck ballista are being angled towards your ship. A particular lucky shot sails through the air and skewers a Gnoll, hurling him from the side of your ship.
[Attempt to outrun]
[RAMING SPEED!]
[Move in to board]
[Other - Write in]
>>
>>37143419
>RAMMING SPEED!
>>
Rolled 47, 90 = 137 (2d100)

>>37143419
>[RAMING SPEED!]
GLORY OR DEATH
>>
>>37143419
RAMMING SPEED
>>
>>37143451
woops. Forgot to take dice roll out
>>
>>37143196
Ramming speed chosen.
"BLOOD ND DEATH!" You sure are your fathers son, at your order the crew unfurls the sails and you stagger slightly at the fierce wind at your back. Your ship launches like a spear towards the elves. From this distance you can see their broadside, dozens or arrows fly through the air and into your ship. Your Gnolls are experienced sailors and warriors, ducking behind cover and howling together. With a crushing jolt your ship crashes into the elven galley.
[Board]
[Flee]
[Other Write in]
>>
>>37143568
>[Board]
It's like they WANT to be enslaved
>>
>>37143568
GET YOUR COLLECTIVE TAILS ON THAT SHIP
CUT DOWN ANY RESISTANCE AND TAKE THEIR WEAK and anything else that isn't nailed down
>>
>>37143568
More slaves to sell and get the trade going strong. We board them!
>>
>>37143568
Rev up those gangplanks.
Prepare for boarding!
>>
CRUSH THEM!
The elven ship is well manned, to say nothing else. The side of their ship is a wall of bristling spears and tall shields, but you can see something particularly perfect in their eyes. Fear. You charge before you even consider fleeing, in your hands a pair of curved axes, at your back your crew, your maw gapes wide with a slavering howl.
3d100
roll 2d100
>>
Rolled 36, 41 = 77 (2d100)

>>37143777
>Critical Failure
>>
>>37143777
Clearly meant roll 3d100
sorry!
>>
Rolled 6, 12, 4 = 22 (3d100)

>>37143777
nice trips
>>
Rolled 96, 93, 70 = 259 (3d100)

>>37143805
>>37143811
Disregard previous roll.
>Even critical-er failure
>>
>>37143848
Nice roll
>>
File: 88341308.jpg (76KB, 353x337px) Image search: [Google]
88341308.jpg
76KB, 353x337px
>>37143870
Jesus christ man.....No kill like overkill i guess?
>>
>>37143870
You smash into the closest elf shield and for a moment you are taken aback. Was a child holding this? It topples like a toy, the elf behind it gasping for air from a ruined throat. BLOOD. The crimson geyser is the last thing needed to send you over the edge. Your axes fall to the floor almost as quickly as they were drawn, instead your claws reach out and rip flesh. In the face of such a frenzied horror the elfs 's shield wall caves, your Gnolls crashing over it like a tidal wave. Your mouth is filled with blood and your fur is matted in viscera. The fight lasted not 5 minutes. All around you cackling Gnolls gorge themselves on the fallen the smell is so thick you almost cant stand it. You swallow the iron-y mass in your mouth and stand upright. Calling to your crew to regain control of themselves. A few do not respond but most shake away their lust and shake the lost ones back to their senses. All in all you lost only 1 Gnoll.

In the hull of the ship you find a stock of Elven wears, from bread to steel tunics. Unfortunately all the ballista were damaged in your charge.
[Search for not dead Elfs]
[Burn Ship]
[Loot]
[Eat]
[Other - Write in]
>>
>>37144130
>[Search for not dead Elfs]
Was kinda hoping for a string of critical failures, just to see how fast a civ could be ended. Oh well
>>
>>37144130
>[Loot]
>>
>>37144130
Loot
grab everything our ship can hold and make ma beeline for home
>>
>>37144178
Choice landed [Loot]
Roll a d100
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>37144235
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>37144235
captch:a keepa
>>
>>37144265
The hold of the elven ship is picked clean, your ship swells with high quality elven items. While your crew is busy looting the hold, you make your way into the captains cabin. The interior is sickeningly lush, with gold plated furniture and pearly white wood. Atop a high table sits an oddly out of place scarlet box. Just looking at it makes you feel slightly uneasy.
[Take]
[Leave]
[Loot the rest of the cabin]
[Burn the whole fuckin place]
[Other - Write in]
d100
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>37144386
>[Take]
Elven magical stuff are never bad news ever
>>
>>37144386
Take
even if it is cursed, us Gnolls are some of the best magic-wielding races. We can un-curse that box in no time
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>37144386
>[Take]

We're also taking the ship right? Won't be bad having an extra, or even selling it.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>37144386

Take it all. All of it.
>>
>>37144433
You take the box, upon closer inspection you notice it lacks any sort of lock or hinge. Its curving design is unnerving to look at. By the time you leave the cabin your crew is already finished looting the hull. The deck of the elven ship is sticky with blood and you smile a fanged smile when you see a few of your crew pushing several elfs in chains down into your hold.
Its a shame their ship is too damaged to take with you. As you step back onto your ship and signal for your navigator to take you home the damage becomes even more apparent. A gaping hole opens up around where you rammed. Splintered wood creaks and screams as you finish separating. With a nod one of your crew hurls a torch onto the Elf ship, followed up by a dozen others.

As a result of this battle, as well as the almost perfect actions of yourself and your crew you sail away with 20 crates of Elf goods as well as 15 more elf slaves.
Cont.
>>
As you come around a particularly high island you finally see your home. The tribes port has been kept secret for decades, with good reason. Low dark wooden structures crowd around the dock. The large hall crouches menacingly atop the only hill, smoke drifts thick and cloying around the town. As you pull into dock dozens of slaves are herded out from a small shack, the slaves are made up of a dozen races, from Dwarfs to Kobolds, and they are all yours.You trust your dock foreman to take care of your ship and its cargo and head back into your home town.
[Head to the Hall (your home)]
[Walk around town]
[Have a drink at the bar]
[Other - Write in]
>>
>>37144927
>[Walk around town]
>>
>>37144927

[Head to the Hall]

Let's find out what our island situation is.
>>
>>37144927
Walk around the town. We have to see how the place is faring
>>
[Walk around town] Choice landed
Your paws feel good walking through the sandy streets of your town, to think it had only been a scant few weeks since youve been home. Your feet naturally guide you towards the fighting pit, the only real entertainment in this town besides drinking and whoring and, stepping over the wooden planks that mark arena grounds you can already hear the cackle of the audience. Looking over the pit you see a pair of figures, one is a Gnoll, clearly a young one at that. His light pelt is speckles with dusty spot, his opponent is a rough looking female Drow. A rare sight for sure, and by the looks of it she is handicapped, a thick chain is wrapped around her left leg.
[Interfere]
[Watch]
[Bet]
[Place a duel ticket]
>>
All, the paws, fur, scent shit is just too much
>>
>>37145245
>[Interfere]
Tell the Gnoll to fight her fair or not fight at all. Strength through challenge and all that jazz
>>
>>37145286
Its Gnolls, idk what you want man
>>
>>37145310
Second
>>
[Interfere] Choice Landed
You shout into the pit for the young pup to fight like a proper Gnoll. Recognizing your voice he looks up from the pit just for a moment. Thats all the time the Drow woman needed to throw herself the short distance at the Gnoll. With a disgusting crunch she twists his sword arm, snapping the bone with enough force for the ivory bone to push through the skin. Snatching the blade from limp fingers she slashes at the youngling just too late, he has already leapt back from her range, twisted arm at his side. A few members of the crowd look at you grudgingly.
What do you do? [Write in]
>>
>>37145245

>[Interfere]

Take that darkie out fair or not at all boy!
>>
>>37145495

[Laugh]

Come on you spit. Did the best of you dribble down your momma's leg? Show me you're worth your salt!
>>
>>37145495
Tell the little shit to fight her fair and remove the chain. His broken arm is his own fault.

Sounds like she's a decent warrior and might be worth purchasing/recruiting if she wins.
>>
>>37145561
Changing my vote to this.Deleting old one
>>
>>37145495
Laugh at the Gnoll and call it a little shit. Don't insist on removing the chain anymore since they both have handicaps now
>>
You step over to the edge of the pit and snarl down at the youngling, cowing him for a moment. "Release her chain." You bark to the pit attendance. A trip of them hop down into the pit, surrounding the Drow woman who twists around at them, trying to face them all at once. She clearly doesnt know what going on but as the Gnolls get closer she seems to freeze up, the chain is pulled away and the Drow is free. She looks at you straight in the eye and smiles, there is nothing kind in that smile. She turns on the Gnoll in the pit and races towards him. The fight is short and bloody, the pup dies a pathetic death and the Drow is netted and dragged back down into the bit. Unhappy rumbles can be heard around the arena, one voice stands out. "How unfortunate it is you think it right to get my boy killed." A particularly dark pelted Gnoll Shouts down at you from the stands. He is walking down towards you. "Ill have your fucking head for taking him."
[Talk him out of fighting]
[Incite the crowd to your side]
[Step into the pit, invite him in]
[Rush him and kill him before he can say anymore]
>>
>>37145760
>[Step into the pit, invite him in]
Kehehehehe should be fun....
>>
>>37145760
Let's have a totally not homo-erotic fight in the pit
>>
>>37145818
>>
>>37145760

[Step into the pit, invite him in]

"You bark well. I bite."

[Growl with a smile.]
>>
>>37145818
Choice landed [Step into the put, invite him in]
You hop down into the dueling pit, and draw your axes, holding them out towards the sky. "Come them, take my head!" The older Gnoll needs no more invitation before plunging himself into the pit, large sword clasp in both hands.
Roll 3d100
>>
Rolled 51, 64, 22 = 137 (3d100)

>>37145887
>>
Rolled 28, 28, 78 = 134 (3d100)

>>37145887
>>
>>37145899
>>37145918

Dis is gonna hurt.
>>
Rolled 36, 89, 13 = 138 (3d100)

>>37145887
Jesus guys, roll better or I'll have your heads.

This is how us pros do it.
>>
>>37146024
Roll then to save us if you haven't rolled yet!
>>
>>37146036
Well now I just feel like an idiot.
>>
File: 1369971687902.jpg (123KB, 639x609px) Image search: [Google]
1369971687902.jpg
123KB, 639x609px
>>37146036
>>
Rolled 58, 75, 21 = 154 (3d100)

>>37145899
>>37145918
>>37146036
All of you must've offended the Gods of Roll somehow
>>
Rolled 65, 90, 11 = 166 (3d100)

>>37146041

Fine then!
Rollan away!
>>
>>37146036
He may be old but he is still nimble. Dashing in he uses his superior reach to try and chip away at you. While he does manage to open your left arm badly and leave a superficial cut on your face, he quickly tires. The moment his onslaught wavers you lunge forth and strike, both your axes dig deep into his throat and with a savage pull, his head droops to the side, lifeless eyes still glare at you even as his knees give out and he falls into the dirt. You take a moment to catch your breath and raise your blood soaked axes over your head to the... There are no cheers. Dozens of Gnolls sit uncomfortable quiet around the pit, from your blind side something hits you in the side of your head, looking down you notice the stone just before the dull pain stabs into the side of your head.
[Flee]
[Fight]
[Call out the coward]
[Other - Write in]
(That 13 was the crowds reaction to your little duel)
>>
File: 1413914568058.gif (491KB, 314x177px) Image search: [Google]
1413914568058.gif
491KB, 314x177px
>>37145899
>>37145918
>>37146036
Wait a fucking minute...THEY'RE ALL WITHIN 130!?! WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?!
>>
>>37146154
>[Call out the coward]
>>
>>37146154
>[Call out the coward]
We be fighting for days
>>
>>37146154

>>[Other]

[Grin]

"Now that's the kind of sneaky backstabbing bastardry I like. Come on then, if you've got the guts to back it up I may have a spot on my ship for someone able to fight dirty like that."
>>
>>37146255
Voting for this.

We need more Gnolls for our ship. A few weeks in the ranks with our best soldiers will sort this bastard out.

If he says no, we punch him through his fucking head.
>>
We need a tie breaker fight or invite?
>>
Please keep in mind that part of our civ's culture is to have an almost constant fight for who is alpha. We either need to make a big enough impact or we will be fighting in this arena all god damn day or til we die.
>>
>>37146385
That's why I'm voting Recruit.

I already voted though, so it's up to another anon to decide.
>>
Gonna have to postpone this guys.
I gotta get some sleep.
Should I make the thread again tomorrow?
Would anyone join again?
(We could use some more namefags)
>>
>>37146465
Yeah i'll probably join up if i'm awake
>>
>>37146440
Do you by chance know how to make a hexographer file be able to be posted on here? for some reason its telling me the file is corrupt.
>>
>>37146465
I'll join again and namefag if you make it again tomorrow. I'm enjoying it.
>>
>>37146465
I'll keep an eye out for the thread
>>
>>37146465
I'll jump on in at the least.
>>
Any time preference for you all? Im in Florida USA, if yall wanna archive this (I dont know how) Id appreciate it. And finally, what direction do you guys want this Civ to go? do you wanna keep it personal to the Captain? Or do you wanna make it more about the civ as a whole?
Im fine either way.
>>
>>37146255
This is completely against the previous decision (which was entirely retarded and I can't actually see any reason in it but hey) to try to have the chain removed.
>>
>>37146574
I like how it's going,As in More as the captain.Also Pacific Central Timezone here
>>
>>37146574
I'm in the UK but time isn't really a problem right now. Just got at it whenever and I'll probably see.
I don't know how civ threads usually go but I'm liking the personal angle of the cap'n and his crew.
>>
>>37146592
Nothing like a crazy person to be the leader.
>>
If yall wanna keep it on a personal level I will rename the quest something lime Gnoll Pirate Quest.
Someone please Archive this and link the archive,
I love you long time
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.