[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need ideas for a 3.5 or PF Halloween one-shot. We did silly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: horseman.jpg (434KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
horseman.jpg
434KB, 1920x1280px
I need ideas for a 3.5 or PF Halloween one-shot.

We did silly werewolves last year.

I was thinking maybe this guy?
>>
File: Spawnofkyussdraft.pdf (58KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Spawnofkyussdraft.pdf
58KB, 1x1px
Spawn of Kyuss.
>>
>>35258738
What about a slasher one? Can your players survive the wrath of jason?
>>
Something lovecraftian?

Paizo's got some decent horror modules that would be easy to run. Carrion Hill is basically the Dunwich Horror.

Something involving hags, witches, and stolen/switched infants?
>>
>>35258779
I've never actually seen that film (though I could do so in preparation) and I'm a small, non-threatening female, so I doubt I could pull it off. Thanks for the idea though.

>>35258775
Nice. I could use the same small village setting as I did last year.
>>
>>35258844
Fake blood, a machete and a hokey mask could do wonders to you and your self seteem.
Also, you could go full nightmare on elm street or other slashers.
>>
File: slash doll.png (111KB, 467x649px) Image search: [Google]
slash doll.png
111KB, 467x649px
Have them fight an evil undead gothic-lolita fujoshi.

>>35258775
I love that band.
>>
>>35258902
I have no idea what game this is but "Shipping Delusion" seems OP.
>>
>>35258738
Totally. But before you run it, make sure you know EVERYthing about that part of Dutch New York at that timeframe. Really set the mood.

Play up small town conformity and paranoia. It's well past the time when people were being strung up as witches, but shunning and mistrust are timeless.
>>
>>35258738
Flamboyant Orc Vampires, with sass.
This is done in the stereotypical 2spooky haunted mansion
>>
>>35258966
I love Washington Irving. Would you use 3.5/PF for this then? As far as I know there weren't a lot of Wizards or Paladins in 1800s Dutch New York.
>>
Ravenloft.

Mists descend, shit goes down.
>>
Run Hocus Pocus. Or Big Trouble In Little China.
>>
>>35258844
Spawn of Kyuss are pretty much D&D Necromorphs. Do that thing where people are scrawling crazy on the walls, and the players are slowly being mentally assaulted by the unholy artifact.

As okay as Kyuss is, I'd re-fluff him as a Great Old One, who's artifacts are literally double-helix stone obelisks or something.
>>
>>35259583
Being all about Worms make them feel like the Vampires from The Strain.
>>
>>35259583
Why double helices? Glorification of DNA manipulation?
>>
File: Blackmarker.jpg (218KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Blackmarker.jpg
218KB, 640x400px
>>35260037
I guess it only makes sense in a sci-fi context; yes, its a bit of a nod to DNA. You could also passably believe that its a divine message from super-advanced aliens about the unity of all life, if you ignored how fucking ominous it looks.

The Markers in dead space look like two spires twisted around themselves. They're covered in symbols that translate into base-pairs; the DNA of the necromorph organism. They also transmit a signal that drives sentient creatures insane. Later in the series, they ret-conned exactly what markers are and how they work in ways that are inconsistent with the first game and are in some places dumb, but their ultimate origin is still unknown.

They're spooky enough and have enough traits that you could pick and choose exactly what they do and stick with that.
>>
>>35258738
mummies waking up to complain about room service on the museum.

Ghosts afraid of murders that have been going on the house they haunt.

Boogey man has a problem with boogers or maybe burgers. (assburgers)

Shadow people are actually shadows of dead people just hangin and maxin all cool like.

Skinwalker are on strike. Doppelgangers fill in the postion and their union go all crazy about.

Fleshgait, boneamblers, bloodstrider and neuronswimmers are all jelly and wants the job

WTF, vampires doesnt suck, they are actually cool, this pejorative human perception will not stand. And i dont get where that come from.

Witches are bitches and sluts. But not hags

Swamp monster is lonely because no one hangs anymore.

Spiders. Spiders. SPIDERS. invisible, half dragon, werespiders, araneas, driders, spidertaurs, half devil, half demon. giant. itty bitty, mechanical, fey, ooze, talking, Everywhere and anywhere. Everyone even.

Characters have to tell a spooky story or be eaten, not really and a good joke will suffice.

You did silly werewolve but are your players ready for srs bzns top hat and monocle weregoose? or geese i dont know.

Do a haunted house thing, were in fact all the spookies are tricks. But in the end, no, the spookies are the players.

Cattle mutilation. Chupacabra and Ayy lmao
>>
>>35258738
Party is only human afflicted with an allergy to Elf that turn them into skeletons.
>>
>>35258738
if you're a truly evil bastard run Tomb of Horrors.
>>
>>35260254
Hellraiser kind of thing. Artifact opens portal to other dimension, Pinhead wants to teach them the forbidden pleasures. Its chess,
>>
>>35260174
Isaac.
MAKE US WHOLE AGAIN.
>>
>>35260254
>>35260304
Are you okay?
>>
>>35260360
Yes, why do you ask?
>>
>>35260381
Your responses to the OP indicate that you may be a slightly unhinged individual. That, or under the influence of something.
>>
>>35260516
No, not one or the other.
Its called creativity,i write and help people with various artistic aspirations, ideas come easily.
>>
>>35260254
I cringed.
>>
>>35260356
See, that's a good spooky line.

So, the real question is, what's a consistent schema for the Markers and their whole "deal?" Stick with Dead Space 3 and ignore 1? 1 seemed to imply that they hold necromorphs at bay/turn them off, like some sort of warning/tool left behind by thoughtful precursors. Then they turn out to inflict the urge to build more, like some sort of lovecraftian sci-fi chain letter. Then it turns out they've been generating energy this whole time, and that's why humans want to build more; because humanity's strapped and resource-starved, and Markers seem to just fucking generate energy because space magic. And it turns out they're actually receivers for Tesla-style power beaming. The power in question being beamed by giant moon-sized intelligent Necromorphs.

Which, funnily enough, makes the actual necromorphs themselves make lots of sense. They're biological robots powered by the broadcast energy from the marker; smash the marker or cut off the power, and they collapse like puppets. Which is why they don't need to eat or have any other biological processes; their cells probably all have little marker-shaped receiver structures in them.

Then there's some bullshit about Convergence and needing to absorb the marker's builder; that shit's gotta go.

They had this consistent thing going on in 1, back when they might have been benevolent, where they're manipulating people into doing their bidding by making them hallucinate dead loved ones.

So, are the markers solid-state computers? Ignoring Dead Space 3, maybe they're not exactly ANTI-Necromorph, but tools used to control them. Making necromorphs a weapon or some sort of tool themselves, and the marker contains the instructions to create them AND a method of controling them.
>>
>>35261690
Fuck copying them, that also has to go.

I do vaugely like the idea that if you follow these precise steps to build this solid lump of matter out of the following elements, it magically switches on and does stuff, because space-magic geometry. The data/instructions being stored in people's heads is retarded, though, since the data also includes the DNA for the necromorph bacterium.
>>
A few great idea's I have heard:
A mimic dungeon. EVERYTHING IS A MIMIC! This includes doors, torch sconces, chairs, chests, even the loot is mimics. Play it at low level to really get the paranoia going.
Random messages that have very little to do with each other and can be a great way to let your players create their own fears.
Or if you feel like a good plot twist. have the final boss be the party vs. an exact replica and the final revelation that the pc's were waxgolem's all along.
>>
>>35261690
>>35261735
Even the MEANING of the series spooky catchphrase has changed between every single game.
>>
>>35258738
You play something other than DnD or PF.

2 SPOOPY 4 U!
>>
>>35261892
>Mimic floor
>Mimic wall
>Mimic ceiling
How2wipe
But seriously, i'm the kind of asshole that would do that in a one-shot hahahahaha.
>>
When your players assemble in their starting town, they find that the celebrations for All Hallow's Eve have become considerably dire in the realm, for on that cursed night, the realm is plagued seemingly from all sides by horrible monsters under the leadership of a terrible lich. Investigating these matters, they indicate that the lich may be using a form of arcane technology to traverse worlds, but there is nowhere nearby with access to such technology save for a gnome town to the far north.

The players discover the city, which led by a charismatic LG human cleric. The cleric is kidnapped by the lich, who has entered the realm using a series of portals connected to his homeworld, a twisted world filled with monsters and miscreants. The only way to save the cleric is to chase after the lich and convince him to release the cleric, but the lich has already assumed the form of the cleric and is preparing to return to the city and lay waste to its people via subterfuge. The true cleric is trapped with a mummy lord with a penchant for gambling.

I imagine this campaign could run from October to December if played carefully.
>>
File: pale rider.jpg (318KB, 1600x915px) Image search: [Google]
pale rider.jpg
318KB, 1600x915px
>>35258738
Pale Riders.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.