[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I make challenging combat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1406095101363.gif (719KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1406095101363.gif
719KB, 500x384px
>Pathfinder.
>Level 12 party.
>Oracle's camel is godlike.
>Party's fighting robots.
>One robot rolls a 43 to try to hit camel.
>"It misses."
>MFW the only way to hit this camel with a CR 17 monster is crits.

What do /tg/?
>>
>>34522107
Don't piss off the camel, for starters
>>
>Camels are better than Monks in Pathfinder

I don't even know what to say
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 500x375px
>>34522107
> AC 43 in Pathfinder

What is this I don't even.
>>
>>34522107

The camel passes away from clogged bowels due to a bad diet.
>>
>>34522211
that's what a respectable AC looks like at that level if you actually build for it. pretty crazy to see it on a camel, but its far from impossible or even difficult to pull off.

as for you op. I ran a playtest where I took on a 3.5 min maxed old red dragon with a group of 7 e6s. that fight took me to the limit, but the main reason I won is because my opponent was focusing alot on damage and not on CC, I know being locked down for a few rounds sucks for most party members and draws out combat, but if you want anything other than rocket tag, or you don't want to home brew your enemies, you will need to attack players with enough initiatives and a veriety of CC, damage, and battlefield control. Don't let them be the only ones to have access to such things. if they are 12 level, death ward, dispel magic, and other effects are common enough that they should have no complaints if they don't react well to those effects. if they save to much you probably need to scale the DC's higher.
>>
>>34522107
A celestial being appears and says he needs the camel to save the universe.
>>
My 12th level party is gearing up for a CR19. That's one way to do it, though it does increase the chance of that one player without a broken character getting destroyed.
>>
>>34522107
What about touch AC? Or combat manoeuvre defence? Or spells without AC defence?
>>
File: 1324879485225.jpg (549KB, 1980x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1324879485225.jpg
549KB, 1980x1350px
>>34522107
I don't know what you plan to do OP, but it better well involve this guy
>>
>>34522107
Did they get rid of things like hold person/animal and touch attacks in pathfinder?
>>
>>34522211
+1/2 oracle level for one revelation, (half) elf bonus.
At level 12 that's an 18 level Bonded Mount (Camel) for a Nature Oracle.

+13 natural armor
+6 from 26 dex
-1 size
+10 or something from magical barding and deflection
+5 from barkskin
=43 easy
>>
>>34522107
+2 sword of camel slaying?
>>
Make every enemy a level 12 oracle camel.
>>
>>34522619
>>34523298
Or, considering it has less than 20 touch AC and less than +10 Will, make the camel itself the enemy. Not that it should have a particularly high attack. I think the best tactic would be just ignoring it.

>Melee bite +15/+10 (1d4+6)
>>
>>34522107
I was planning to make a boar with similar tanky build.
>>
>>34523298
Don't forget to put DR5/Adamantine on it
>>
>>34522107
The first thing you need to check is if everything is kosher with their sheets.
Doublecheck classes that get a lot of small abilities and especially doublecheck spells.

Then tells us what the group consists of, how optimized they are and what kind of tactics you generally use.
However, one thing is certain, you can almost reliably kiss CR goodbye at those levels.

>>34522619
>+1/2 oracle level for one revelation, (half) elf bonus.
>At level 12 that's an 18 level Bonded Mount (Camel) for a Nature Oracle.
>Letting that shit through
>Wondering why it's so powerful
You dun goofed
>>
>>34526532
>implying a pseudomartial with bad saves and shit touch AC is OP.
>>
>>34522107

Houserule away some of the armour bonus stacking, in this case natural armour and normal armour.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.