[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imperial Xenos Creation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 263
Thread images: 43

File: ordoxenos.jpg (14KB, 239x299px) Image search: [Google]
ordoxenos.jpg
14KB, 239x299px
Attention, fellow Inquisitors of Ordo Xenos!

The Holy Imperium of Mankind has recently been contacted by an alien species that wishes to prostrate themselves before the light of the Astronomicon and bow down to the glorious power of the Emperor.

It is then our duty as His servants to study and observe this xenos race, judge them, and allow them to join our great Imperium (or, failing to meet our expectations, perish at the end of an Exterminatus).

I request the assistance of the Ordo Xenos in tending to this matter, and examining these aliens for our eventual judgement. We will all need to come to a consensus on their merits and worth to the Imperium, so it is up to us to properly and efficiently record their qualities. I've outlined the criteria for this examination here:

• Biology/Appearance
• Culture/History
• Homeworld/Environment
• First Contact With Mankind
• Relationships to Other Xenos
• Relationship with Chaos
• Any Other Heresy of Note
• How can they fit into the Imperium of Man?
• Can they fight alongside our armed forces?

We'll tally up the pros and cons of allowing them to join us. For another species to bend the knee to the glory of our Emperor is astonishing, and it will be up to us to get to the bottom of this matter. I would also like to requisition an Inquisitorial Drawfag to help us chronicle this xenos species as we deliberate on a judgment.

They will either join us as subjects of the God-Emperor, or be eliminated as heretics. Ladies and gentlemen, the judgment falls upon us.

Ave Imperator.
>>
This looks kind of fun. Wish I had some artistic talent to help design something.

Obviously, for their biology, I vote on some smexy monstergirls.

I mean, it doesn't count as heresy if the xenos you're banging are Imperial subjects, right?
>>
>>34372856
With what limited time I have on our network, I'll attempt to help the Ordo come up with a suitable design for these aliens.

>>34372916
Me may need to recruit the Ordo Hereticus to decide that matter.

I was hoping to avoid making monstergirls, though. I was thinking something weirder looking and more alien-minded to contrast with the Imperium it's trying to join.
>>
>>34372916
No, anon, it's heresy. It's delicious, tempting heresy, but heresy nonetheless.
>>
File: Various_Xenos.jpg (1MB, 1328x858px) Image search: [Google]
Various_Xenos.jpg
1MB, 1328x858px
>>34373082
I have to agree with Smartass. Something I've liked about Warhammer Fantasy and 40k is that they don't try to make their nonhumans too fuckable and cute. Even Eldar and Tau have tons of fluff that paint them as too inhuman for in-universe humans to find attractive.

We should start with locomotion. So many humanoids populate the Milky Way in M41. Maybe something with a more than two legs? Maybe no legs at all?
>>
>>34372856
they're sentient skeletons, that aren't actually related to chaos. in fact, they're all natural pariahs
their thin, bone like appendages are held together by invisible nanofibers, and their organs are compressed into their "bones" (which are actually an exoskeleton)
their current technological capacity is almost space worthy, but since they don't actually breathe or have skin, tge vacuum of space does not affect them
they have a third eye beneath their skull that can see through solid steel with impeccable accuracy. it takes a lot of brainpower, so they can't do anything else while doing it
they can come in pure white, onyx, and silver
>>
>>34373199
That's a cool idea. Will any Inquisitors second this notion, or are there different impressions of their physiology?
>>
>>34373199
also they reproduce via budding; so if a bone get's hacked off, it grows into a new skeleton. bones can only grow back however, if the bone is cut apart and not cleaved completely off. medical transplants are possible though
>>
>>34373199
I was hoping for something fleshy, but that sounds pretty cool. I'm for it unless someone else comes up with an idea I like more.
>>
>>34373371
a species of reptilian humanoids much smaller than the average man
possibly related to the slann
reproduction rate is impossibly high
tend to live underground
discovered living among surviving colonies of s?q?u?a?t?s? COMPLETELY NORMAL HUMANS BECAUSE THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO SUCH THING AS A s?q?u?a?t?

PS they're kobolds
>>
>>34373610
Pardon my ignorance. Were Kobolds ever in Warhammer Fantasy? If so, this works pretty well.
>>
warp krakens are actually a race of giant tentacled creatures that live in deep space and feed off of some unknown quantum bullshit
they're minds are so massive that they fell to tzeentch similarly to the eldar with slaaneesh, creating the warp krakens
they are really scary and probably eat c'tan shards for breakfast
>>
>>34373678
I think Skaven filled their niche in Fantasy. Then, the Tarellians are kind of like Space Kobolds, but they're already a Tau auxiliary species, and they really hate the Imperium.
>>
>>34373795
>and they really hate the Imperium.
Almost all species that have any contact with the Imperium end up hating them, so that's hardly a noteworthy feature.
>>
>>34373886
Yeah, that was a running joke when we were making Tau species that the Tarellians shared the same bland backstory as every other faceless xenos species on the wiki.
>>
>>34372856
>The Holy Imperium of Mankind has recently been contacted by an alien species
Stopped reading there. Commence orbital bombardment.

Next thread
>>
I vote we continue with that skeleton idea. That sounds really cool.

Any ideas on Diet? Reproduction? Psychic Potential?
>>
>>34374015
Too much psychic power from them might be enough to exterminate their species right away, rather than give them the benefit of the doubt. Suffer Not the Xenos + Suffer Not the Witch = Zero Fucks Exterminatus.

I think >>34373199 Anon said all natural Pariahs, and I think we should stick with that.
>>
>>34374087
>>34373199
Pariah Skeletons doesn't seem too much like Necrons, does it?
>>
>>34374015
as I said, their bones come off and make more skellies
the older skellingtons begin to grow ornamental appendages, forming bone-cloaks, bone-crowns, bone-armor, bone-jewelry, etc.
their leader is a mysterious being never seen by any non-boner, called the bonemass
it is a leviathan being of bony tendrils and skulls that is most likely an incredibly ancient member of their race. it may even have multiple brains.
also they eat minerals, mainly calcium and carbonite, meaning they can grow gemstones on their bodies
as for the pariah thing, they are a very abstinant, hardworking, no-nonsense people (think early protestants) which most likely stems from their anti-chaotic nature

they see humans as strange, as if one of their own was wrapped in pillows and blankets
they cannot feel temperature, so the concept is rather alien to them
>>
>>34374129
Shit. Didn't think of that until now.

Should be fine unless their native culture is Egyptian-themed.
>>
>>34374222
and their religion is a sort of shamanistic/early human animism/mystic hodgepodge
>>34374243
I was aware of the similarity to necrons, but I think they are only superficially similar
>>
>>34374243
>>34374263
Mostly because of Kislev in WHFB, I kind of want these guys to have a Russian-Lich- Koschei the Deathless kind of thing going on.
>>
>>34374222
Hate to be that guy, but I demand they have wimminz in their species to help "ease tensions" between our two races.
>>
>>34374383
Not every species can come complete with ladies, comrade. Sometimes, we just need to accept those with the Light of the Emperor in their souls. We must continue our judgement, even if they are decidedly hideous.
>>
>>34374426
This whole mission has become an ugly, alien sausagefest. I'm going back to Ordo Hereticus to hang out with some Sororitas.
>>
Are the skeletons humanoid or totally alien in shape?
>>
The most important question on my mind is "How badass are these guys going to be?"
>>
>>34374511
The less humanoid they are, the less they'll be compared to Crons. I vote making them multi-legged, freaky-looking bony xenos monstrosities.
>>
With that whole Bonemass idea, what if when they die, their bodies are fused into a new being, with older and older corpse-piles becoming as ancient and massive as the Bonemass. This gives them an extremely alien experience to humans, as death is simply the beginning of another stage of life.

Maybe instead of male and female genders, their genders are those who break off parts into new skeletons, and others who fuse bodies together into bigger skeletal combinations.
>>
File: back arms.jpg (213KB, 783x1020px) Image search: [Google]
back arms.jpg
213KB, 783x1020px
>>34374571
What about some sort of limbs from their back?
>>
>>34374636

The rough translation for the groupings are "propagators" and "congregators".
>>
>>34374725
Now in hindsight that looks like mechandrite arms.
>>
>>34374858
Damn, I like that. I think we've got a good roll going right now. Do we have a name for them yet?
>>
>>34374571
>>34374725
when they are young they look like normal humans, but as they grow they gain bone ornaments and appendages

so basically humanoid is the basic shape, but most don't adhere to it very strictly
>>
>>34375000
That could work.

>>34374927
How about Kryasch? (based on the Russian word for cartilage)
>>
>>34375081
The Kryasch? Definitely prefer it spoken quickly. Don't enunciate the ash at the end. So it'd be almost one syllable "Cryesh" or "Cry'sh"
>>
>>34374927
Calvarians from the Latin word for skull [calvariam]
>>
>>34375182
Also a cool name.
>>
Any other name ideas? Could use a consensus on the ones we have.

Otherwise, we could keep it in mind and move on t their environment. What's their homeworld like?
>>
okay, so they're an insectoid race based on victorian royalty on steroids
they practically live to engage in court affairs and frivolous pastimes
they adorn themselves with massive amounts of poofy clothes, fluffy things, jewelry, and vie to be the prettiest, most ornate beings in their race.
the more serious and grim aspects of the galaxy mostly just bore them, and as such they are a generally upbeat, light-hearted race of purely royalty and artisans.
they are supported by a massive population of mindless worker drones that keep their aloof society running smoothly, and can defend them if need be.

they are incredibly fascinated with humans, as they see it as a new race for them to mingle with and engage in pleasantries.

the imperium fears that they could end up falling to slaanesh, so they keep a very close and protective eye on them

and yes they have females

>>34375415
calcitritus sapiens?
I like Cry'sh, as it keeps with the trend in 40k to add random apostrophes everywhere
>>
>>34372856
The Alien consumes the resources of Man by existing. They must be exterminated immediately.
>>
>>34375415
I like what >>34374222 said.

Their home world is a mineral rich, mountainous planet. It's very hot and arid, but since they're skellingtons they don't understand the concept of temperature. They farm various minerals, but calcium and carbonite are staples of their diet.
>>
>>34375505
The Imperium doesn't exterminate all aliens. Just the ones that are a significant threat, in the way, or betrayed mankind during the age of barbarism. Or if they happen to be in the way.

Emps personally pardoned a couple alien races. And some are just polite and out of the way or otherwise insignificant. Those are ignored or treated like second/third class citizens.
>>
>>34375601
Building on that, maybe their world has extremely wildly varying temperatures, but they just roll with it. So it could be extremely cold sometimes and extremely hot other times. Maybe like Ryloth, with the whole slow-rotation makes the dark side of the planet intensely cold and the light side of the planet infernally hot.
>>
>>34375699
The current Imperial creed says the Alien must be exterminated for consuming the resources of Man through their existence. End of. Big E is too busy screaming in his psychic oubliette, and the Monodominants and Amalathians are the dominant factions.
>>
>>34375505
>>34375699
Should these aliens fail to live up to His standards, they will be exterminated.

This is simply a formality to bide for time. They could, after all, prove valuable to the Imperial cause. If not, I'm sure the Exterminatus Fleet will be in position by the time our report is concluded.
>>
>>34375601
it also has a very thin atmosphere because they don't need to breathe. meaning the sky is always black and the stars are always out.
their world is one not of green or blue, but one of dark, black, sand, and stone.
their mystical culture is based around this unique biome
their sun should be a strange color as well, perhaps blue or green or purple
hell, it'd be crazy if it was a black star that still produced light, making it look like a constant solar eclipse
basically combine all of that crazy stuff that scared the shit out of early man (eclipses, stars, auroras, night) into one race
plus, they're skeletons
>>
File: mbcphoto-39.jpg (245KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
mbcphoto-39.jpg
245KB, 1280x852px
>>34375820
like this
>>
>>34375820
I'm digging this. Maybe heavy doses of stellar radiation and auroras? Constant Solar Eclipse just sounds awesome.
>>
>>34375859
the radiation part is edging a little to close to the necrontyr
it isn't inhospitable to them, just really freaky looking
>>
>>34375896
Only if it's inhospitable to them. Making them radiation-resistant would make living on their homeworld fine. Just not for any visiting humans.

Could explain why we never bothered to settle planets in their home system if their sun was so overwhelming.
>>
>>34375995
I'm starting to wonder why the imperium hasn't exterminatus'd these guys already
or... maybe they already did?
it stands to reason that their heat/radiation resistant bodies could withstand an exterminatus
after they shrugged off first few detonations the imperium probably just decided
>fuck it, we'll negotiate
>>
>>34372856

How they came to know the Emperor: at the beginning of the end of the Great Crusade, a scout vessel passed through their home system. Finding a suitable world in its journeys, it paused to take on water and reaction mass. The crew happened to note tool using sapients in the beginnings of civilization on a low level pass, and two iterators aboard decided to investigate further. They made contact, and the patient nature of the locals, combined with the very literalist pictographic nature of their written language, resulted in a quick pidgin / lingua franca in which they could converse. The iterators, secretly being adherents of the Lectitio Divinitatus, seized upon this golden opportunity. They exhorted to the locals that they had seen the face of true divinity, that they had walked beside a god. They told the full of the Emperor and his exploits, his sons and legions, his light shining across the darkness. The locals were nonplussed, having little time for high talk and boasts of greatness. The iterators tried showing them the passages of the Lectitio, which were just gibberish on a page to the literal-minded aliens. Then they flipped to a picture that had been kept stored in the book.

It was a trid imago one of them had shot on Gorro, after the greenskins had been put to the torch and the fighting was done. It showed Him, battered, exhausted, but still upright, still powerful, beautiful, perfect. He appeared at once old and youthful, kind and powerful, god and mortal. Even amongst the toil and ruin of a battlefield, every head was still turned His way, every eye drawn to the light-made-flesh. The imago was not very good, the imager inexpertly shot with a novice hand, but the subject grabbed the eye and refused to let go.
>>
>>34376108
I was playing the Stelio Kontos theme while reading this. No regrets.

This works. The millennia that they have been guided by the Emperor's glorious image certainly adds to the likelihood they'll survive an Exterminatus.

But time may yield heresy. How has their more recent history been? And what contact have they made with our more nefarious neighbors that would try to dissuade them from His light?
>>
>>34376108

The natives were struck dumb, to a one. To them, symbols BECOME a thing, carry a part of its essence, represent it in the realm of the figurative. For His symbol to have THIS much power, even far away and over the long passage of time, to be in His presence must be akin to basking in the corona of a star. Silence gave way to riot, the youths gesticulating madly and drawing furiously at one another, the eldest falling to frantic scribbling, trying to copy every detail of the sight -- the tableau, the man, his adornment, his companions, no detail too insignificant.

The iterators were ecstatic. They spent the next few days repeatedly displaying the imago to ever-increasing crowds. Runners were sent to nearby settlements, and returned with community representatives, then throngs of the curious. Having no need for the actual book except as an occasional reference, the iterators lent it to a small conclave of the eldest, which put their many limbs and minds to speed-copying every letter, mark, and stain. When summoned, they returned to the provisioned ship, promising those they left behind that His servants would follow, and should be embraced whole-heartedly.

Time passed. The ship, the iterators, and all record of such events transpiring perished in the opening salvos of Horus' treachery. The galaxy raged and burned, then fell still. Aeons passed, more great gasps of war and violence, all rolling beyond and away from a lone rock in nowhere. Until finally, Man did return.
>>
>>34376805
>>34376696
This is some great writefaggotry, Inquisitor.
>>
>>34376696
Eldar barely notice them because they're all blanks.

Tau getting to them depends entirely on where their homeworld is located. What Segmentum are we putting them in?
>>
>>34377060
Or... Eldar notice them even more because they're blanks.

Chaos probably wouldn't bother with them, then.

Biggest question is: How much do the orks enjoy fighting them?
>>
>>34373199
>>34374129
Nah, they're sentient fibers that tend to weave themselves into skeletal shapes. Totally different.
>>
>>34377060
I vote Tempestus or Pacificus, only because I feel like they don't get enough exposure compared to Ultima and Obscurus. Solar is definitely too close.

Could be a planet that's far out enough to not have been instantly blown up during the Great Crusade, but also just far enough away that it took thousands of years to reestablish contact with them.
>>
>>34375820
They have animal and warrior cults that change their bodies to mimic their chosen totem.

Amongst the most fearsome are the Arachnoid Berserkers.
>>
>>34377218
>>34376696
Could do the Mandragorian Stars, because they've got tons of celestial weirdness going on, such as this constant-eclipse dark star of theirs.
>>
>>34377218
Ghoul Stars?
>>
>>34377157
As an army of blanks I assume they'd jam ork technology. No point in foitin' when all des shiny gubbins don't work.
>>
>>34377314
They might actually collapse the Waagh.
>>
>>34377351
No, not the Waaagh!!! Abort the mission! These foul xenos skeletons must be destroyed.
>>
>>34377270
>>34377271
I feel more like putting them in an area of space without a lot of existing lore. I'm opposed to Ghoul Stars because it's harder to build them up freely if that's their homeland, but I'm okay with it if you guys want them to be from there.
>>
>>34376805

A battle-barge of the [INSERT SPACE MARINE CHAPTER HERE], cast wildly astray by the twisted eddies of the Warp, found itself ejected into the Matierum near the orbit of a planet transformed by hundreds of centuries of slow, inexorable progress. When the Marines investigated further, they found a widespread civilization blanketing the planet. Scouts were sent down, and quickly began reporting back with wild tales of Imperial monuments everywhere and locals that looked vaguely like skeletons. A Captain was dispatched aboard a thunderhawk, and set down in a great amphitheater in what appeared to be the central city. The locals, upon spotting the Marines, fell prostrate. A few of the larger of them approached gingerly, then beckoned toward the wall that stood at the perimeter of the natural depression. Therein was carved a great bas-relief, the pride of the city. It was Him, just as they had been shown millennia ago. On magnification, the many names of the Custodes around Him could be read. The spent bolter shells were nearly real, if not scaled to the size of a man's fist. The physiology of a dead ork, perfectly rendered by a creature that had never seen one first-hand. An elder took up a tablet then, and scrabbled together a passable greeting in High Gothic, laying it before the promised servants of Him on Terra.
>>
>>34377226
Like the idea of bone-shapers that form animalistic, berserker warriors based on their totems.

Don't like "Arachnoid Berserkers".

Obviously, they need some Aquila-styled warriors to appease the Imperium. Or have one dedicated beastly warrior as an auxiliary for each branch of the Imperium.
>>
>>34377226
>>34377542
How far should we take their bone-shaping qualities? Making it a dedicated part of their culture and science makes perfect sense, but also gives off a strong Rak'gol vibe.

Maybe it could be an older traditional trait that they're trying to shed off to become a part of the Imperium, and the clash between progressive Imperials and beastly traditionalists sparks a brutal civil war.
>>
>>34376863

Thank you, sir.

I completely gave up on selecting a specific chapter, as that would greatly color the exact details of the recent encounter that brings them to our attention. What I threw up was a rough sketch, and reams could be written about the specific details.
>>
>>34377480
That would have to rebuild some Astartes faith right there. Seeing the light of the God-Emperor spread so far, to touch the alien hearts of these beings, would warm even the coldest of human hearts.

Ave Imperator.
>>
>>34377709
Ave Imperator
>>
>>34377608
You do the Emperor proud.
>>
>>34377600
what would their technology be like?
gem-powered energy weapons crafted from obsidian and onyx?
I like the animalistic idea
what if instead of wearing animal pelts they wore their skeletons?
wolf skeleton warriors would probably freak the hell out of the space wolves
and there HAS to be a pirate band who looted an eldar ship and made it glow sickly green with radiation and pariah magic
they'd be opportunistic allies with the black locks
>>
>>34378042
That all depends. How peaceful or warlike are we making these guys?
>>
>>34378145
well, it probably depends on what the spirits tell them.
>these guys are good
peace be upon you
>fuck those guys
your bones will be added to ours

the imperium would be extra wierded out by this, as they can't be contacting the warp thanks to the pariahness, so it must be some other ghostly realm

also what are these guy's names for sure
>>
>>34378145
Depends a lot on the nuances of their biology. If they don't suffer from bloodloss the same way humans do, or have ork-like organ redundancies and such, then slugthrower weapons might've never caught on in their history and they might be a more melee-heavy species.

It comes down to how good we ant their natural armor to be. How tough are these guys?
>>
>>34378367
I think most votes were for some variation of Kryasch.
>>
>>34374002
Jesus, we're dealing with a right bunch of chucklefucks here
>>
>>34378403
they have mineral-reinforced, radiation resistant, heat resistant, vacuum resistant bony exoskeletons and can regenerate
I'd say pretty damn tough
a lack of ranged weapons would be a good downside, though I like the idea of neolithic gem lasers
>>34378455
gotcha
>>
>>34378455
Sounds cool. A little savagery, a little danger, but I can totally buy the name belonging to a spiritual people.
>>
>>34378145

Barely quarrelsome would pretty much ensure they wouldn't have personal weapons at hand when a Space Marine shows up, and fit a more pragmatic, no-nonsense people who tend to stop conflict before it grows. Able to live on one planet and achieve complex civilization without annihilating itself.

Peers and Lords, I believe there may be a great use for these dreadful looking beings. They're such adept hands at copy and extracting meaning from pictures and symbology, why ever again tolerate the eccentricities of an auto-scribe? I had a youth rattle off a quick drawing of my rosette, based upon a hasty sketch by another youth of a description my aide gave it. The scale was a bit off, but I'd wager that either one could've produced a perfect copy given even brief access to the real thing.
>>
>>34378766
leave it to the imperium to use skeletons as accountants
>PROGRESS!
>>
>>34378766
Indeed, their record-keeping capability is extraordinary.

>>34378708
>>34378042
Yeah... gem lasers sound pretty badass.
>>
>>34378876
reminds me of old 80's fantasy where cavemen miraculously had access to energy weapons
>>
>>34378991
That's all the evidence I need to think they'll fit well into 40k.
>>
what would their relationships with other races be?
eldar horrified by them?
they could also be terribly effective counter-chaos troops
>>
>>34377600
That could work. The Imperials would tend to take human form so as to imitate the Holy Form.
Terran animals also would be aproved, yeah?
>>
>>34379338
Especially eagles.
>>
>>34379338
so they dress up like humans to conceal their skeletons around real humans
fuck, these guys could be out there right now, working in the administratum
>>
>>34378403
>>34378708

Actually, if they do reproduce by budding, then perhaps vaporizing them is one of the only ways to kill them effectively aside from the traditional and brutal practice of smashing your foe and absorbing them.

Laser Gems I think, make sense.
>>
>>34379338

Symbols have power. They take on some or more of the image of the thing(s) they aspire to be like or most enjoy.

Taking on the image of the Emperor is taboo, and the concept is used as a euphemism for inviting disaster through hubris.
>>
>>34379394
No citizen. There are no skeletons on Holy Terra.

Go back to work.

(Inquisitor, put a watch on this one.)
>>
>>34379420
>Laser Gems I think, make sense.

Leave it to /tg/ to utter that sentence.

>Laser Gems don't make sense
>but on 40k they do
>Games Workshop - not even once
>>
>>34379447
Seconded. This Inquisitor's got a proper head on his shoulders.
>>
>>34379514
Big question is whether or not the Adeptus Mechanicus will accept such awesome 80s technology, or dismiss the alien weapons as heresy.
>>
>>34379695
they're essentially just rocks
rocks that contain firing mechanism capable of melting your soul
made of rocks
>>
>>34372856
Easy loophole could be classifying all 'friendly' xenos as 'non sentient' or 'natural fauna'.

Boom Imperium scores shiiiitloads of xenos unxer ita fold.
>>
so let me get this straight, these are skeleton pariah shamans that reproduce via budding, have a neolithic culture, are resistant to heat, radiation, and eat minerals, that work in the administratum disguised as humans and fight with clubs and lasers made out of rocks?

holy shit, somebody call GW and get a codex and minis ready
>>
>>34379988
You know, when you put it like that, it sounds...

...awesome!
>>
>>34379988
so besides their animalistic berserkers, what units do they have?
do the berserkers just use clubs?
>>
>>34380110
I didn't think we came up with anything that far ahead. I figured they'd serve in the Guard like Ogrynns and Ratlings.
>>
>>34380151
Well, Ogrynns already have that badass melee frontline thing going on, and Ratlings are awesome sharpshooters, so what could these Kryasch offer the Guard?

Maybe specialized into a non-combat role, like medics or vox operators? Something to do with their awesome scribe capabilities or bone-shaping, maybe.
>>
>>34380151
>hey, commissar?
>what is it, boy?
>I think there's something... different about the new recruits
>you mean the karyesh?
>um, yeah, are you SURE their human? cause I'm pretty sure I just saw one rip off it's own arm and beat an ork to death, then put it back on
>I'm sure you were just seeing things, get back to the line soldier!
>>
>>34380362
anti chaos for sure, elite spec ops units, and just sprinkling them around secretly within some guardsmen regiments
the stronger, older ones with more bone appendages would have to be kept away from the normal troops so they don't immediately kill themselves from shock
>>
>>34380409
We certainly don't want them putting the Guard out of business. Though, now I really want to see them as crazy-awesome warriors who solve problems in the most outlandish way possible.

What if the guard fields them as expert infiltrators and recon squads to map out enemy positions and force composition? Their photographic memories would come in handy, and the rest of the Guard doesn't have to worry about accidentally killing them in the crossfire because they're filthy xenos.

>Commander! Shouldn't we have waited for that Kryasch scout to exit the ork base before we fired all of our basilisks on it? What if he gets killed?
> Meh... fuck 'im.
>>
>>34380571
I still wonder what relations would be like with other xenos
chaos would be scared to shit of them
>>
>>34380641
I've always wondered, what happens when a Tyranid is in the same room as a pariah? Do these guys have any affect on the Hive Mind synapses, or are there different non-Warp psychic signals that need to be accounted for?
>>
>>34380695
well, tyranids do have the shadow in the warp, but that's more of an interference than complete negation
does the tyranid hivemind use the warp?
>>
>>34380571
Well, there'd not be a lot of them, nor would they be deployed all that widely.

Their durability would probably be one of the big deals.
>>
>>34380997
Oh, also psychic/chaos countermeasures. They might be under tight control of the Inquisition/Grey Knights.

That's actually kinda badass.
>>
>>34381025
Anti-psykers without resorting to Culexus Assassins could be their niche. Letting them work more closely with Marines and Inquisitors rather than the Guard also helps keep them unique within the military.
>>
File: Kleer_1.png (104KB, 371x431px) Image search: [Google]
Kleer_1.png
104KB, 371x431px
Kryasch image dump?
>>
Alright, so, here's the report thus far:
The Kryasch
• Cartilaginous fiber-bodied, skeletal, many-shaped xenos species.
• Their primary diet consists of raw minerals like carbon and calcium.
• Gender and reproduction-wise, they can be categorized into Propagators, who can shed excess body parts to form new Kryasch from the discarded cells, and Congregators, who combine their bodies into larger, fused beings.
• They do not breathe like humans, instead being able to exist safely in a vacuum, and they do not feel temperature or radiation like we do, being largely immune to the dangers of both.
• They are vaguely humanoid at first, but are able to grow ornamental exoskeletal structure over time, making for striking physical variety from one to the next.
>>
File: Kleer_3.png (257KB, 730x667px) Image search: [Google]
Kleer_3.png
257KB, 730x667px
I don't think the should have any real sense of technology. Kinda like nids. Any weapons the do have should definitely be crystalline and simple. And they should totally be russian/Slavic shamans.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (10KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
10KB, 290x174px
Names like Rylach, borvlan, hastor, vaslok, paetor, galvan, ivax, wassilact, tungstk, essentially anything vaguely eastern European or mineral related
>>
>>34382748
• Their homeworld, Calvarius, in the Segmentum Tempestus, is a mineral rich, arid and mountainous world, with wildly shifting extreme temperatures and heavy stellar radiation. It has a very thin atmosphere with no obvious sky, and their sun is a black star, seemingly a constant eclipse, that still produces nightmarish light.
• First Contact with the Imperium of Man occurred during the Great Crusade, and is chronicled by Inquisitor Stelio Kontos here, with masterful writefaggotry: >>34376108 >>34376805 >>34377480
>>
>>34382842
They have no history as psykers, and are all equivalent to Pariahs with how naturally they deflect and negate the Warp and its corruption around them.
• They have photographic memories and are capable of recreating the most intricate of images and designs with ease after the slightest of glances.
• These features, and their natural durability make them candidates to fight with the faithful of the Emperor against the heresy of our enemies.
>>
File: 320px-Gravelord_Nito.png (101KB, 320x230px) Image search: [Google]
320px-Gravelord_Nito.png
101KB, 320x230px
Bone mass should act as czar/high priest and ultra pariah focal point. While the eldar and chaos would ignore the Kryasch as a whole, the 'mass would definitely stand simply because of the null feild they create
>>
Maybe they were created by the c,tan and not the old ones, thus explaining their slightly similar morphology
>>
>>34375505
Oh please, you actually believe that propaganda? Here in the inquisition we can't afford to let a good resource go to waste, let alone sacrifice our own resources to clean up every infestation of xenos.
>>
They should have a faction they hate. Necron maybe?
>>
File: Bonegolem.jpg (79KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
Bonegolem.jpg
79KB, 533x800px
Heavy support options look like this, maybe elites?
>>
>>34375601
>>34375709
>>34375820
Ah, they seem like natural terraformers. We could send them to uninhabitable planets we have our eye on and let them mine, terraform, and generally prepare for our pun citizens.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (12KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
12KB, 190x265px
>metallic skellingtons covered in gemstones
>>
>>34383016
That's actually a really good idea. How would they float though? Kryasch should be super dense, and they can't manipulate the warp
>>
>>34382990
I was hoping we'd avoid that and make it so their larger fused forms become too sluggish and stagnant in their undead combination that they have a harder time than the younger of their species in combat. Instead they become wiser as more fuse into a new being. This is why the Bonemass is a natural leader for them, being the largest and oldest of the species.
>>
What will thier infrastructure be like too? Are the going to have cities, hives, etc?
>>
>>34383043
Unrelated, but now I'm curious.

What happens when a Pariah travels through the Warp?
>>
>>34383090
Stelio Kontos made word of some Greco-Roman-like city structure the Space Marines visited. Possibly something in that style, but maybe above and underground complex hives.
>>
File: bonegolem_by_artikid-d5usn3p.jpg (45KB, 421x600px) Image search: [Google]
bonegolem_by_artikid-d5usn3p.jpg
45KB, 421x600px
Notes on their biology
>All the major "organs" should either be encased in the gemstones or focused in the solar plexus area or the skull
>If they can absorb other bones into their own bodies is should definitely be by digesting them then reforming the minerals into new "bones"
>They should have have a closed jaw system so they can store food in a gullet type apparatus on their head or throat
>>
>>34383103
I think the only way they can is if the Warp isn't making contact with them. So, within a ship's void shields they're fine, but they otherwise wouldn't be able to interact with the Immaterium, and something crazy would happen. Maybe.
>>
>>34383103
I have no idea. They would probably pull a Kaldor Draigo but not be a Mary sueing gagged about it.
>>
>>34383166
Like the warp would exist around them but they would not exist in the warp so it would not affect them.
>>
>>34383145
>void shields
Gellar field.
>>
>>34383181
Can blanks even see or perceive the Warp?

I wonder what it looks like to them?
>>
>http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Dominion_of_the_Iron_Watchers
RIP Iron Watchers ;_;
>>
File: images (4).jpg (16KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
16KB, 190x265px
They should be somewhat xenophobic, but not aggressively so. So this Bonemass...guys it's a calcium rich elder brain.
>>
>>34380151
Perhaps they could serve the inquisition mainly. Until we can ween them in to human society, of course.
>>
>>34383208
I feel like they'd be rather accepting, actually. If their faith is directly inspired by that of another species, they would probably be open minded about that kind of stuff. That, and it takes some serious balls to try and join on of the most anti-alien governments in any piece of fiction.

Maybe it's a trait they develop more in the future after fighting alongside humans against actual alien monsters like orks and tyranids.
>>
>>34383229
But of course, it will be up to us of the Ordo Xenos to properly induct them into the Imperium.

In the meantime, perhaps they could be of use to the Deathwatch?
>>
tribal markings hold significance of...? faction, allegience? do they start growing wings and humanoid skulls if they are welcomed into the fold? how close to traditional independent thought do they land... are they a hive mind or collective conciousness (not 'nid like but maybe, one individual "the bone mass" that after "budding" gains independence but an undeniable, non psychic link to the rest of the species? being that they are sentient fibers)
>>
>>34383057
Inquisitor, their physiological make-up would make them super dense, slow but hard hitting. Then again I guess they could, with effort hollow out some of their "Bones" so they can be lighter and faster but become glass canons on a deldar level. So this specimen could simply be a first stage kryasch that has simply become enriched and thus able to increase its mass
>>
>>34380741
No
>>
How would they react to other "fleshy" beings like Eldar and Tau (if they ever came across them)
And that raises an interesting question too. What would happend if Tau found them first, theoreticly?
>>
>>34383273
At the same time, I doubt the Deathwatch would be particularly exited about xenos joining their ranks.
>>
>>34383285
I say individual-minded like us. They have family and treat them like we do, just through an alien and confusing reproduction system. I'm sick of hive-minds and the like. I'd like these guys to be weird, but still capable of familial love and warmth. You know?
>>
>>34383336
greater good all over the place. in which case exterminatus maybe?
>>
File: download (4).jpg (18KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
18KB, 194x259px
>>34383249
We have to make them grimdark somehow. I think our best bet is to go the tau/mindflayer route and make the Bonemass somewhat repressive and dickish, not on an Eldrad level, but definitely on an elder brain level
>>
>>34383366
Make bonemass so that he/she/it is fused on a giant bony thorne and the capital is built around bonemass and it's throne
>>
>>34383353
id agree but the family model we have comes from 2 parents mixing genetics and creating a new by product, if you were budding... wouldn't you treat your offspring with more comradery rather then familial warmth? "oh its just a younger me" (no genetic recombination in the species of broken bones?)
>>
>>34383090
Underground caverns, like the Hurd or drow. Would allow them to Live under hive cities as well.
>>
>>34383342
The Deathwatch will get excited about whatever we say. Of course, I expect our Astartes to keep one eye open around the Kryasch. All the better to keep the xenos on their toes, and examine any possible duplicity or heresy from our new "friends".
>>
>>34383390
I'm sure an alien mind could come to the same emotional result despite the extreme difference in reproduction. Doesn't have to be a parental warmth. A fraternal kind of bond between Kryasch is fine, too.
>>
>>34383386
There should be multiple, at least three Bonemasses, one for the imperial aligned Kryasch, one for the Tau probably and one for the free agent Tribal Kryasch
>>
One other thing, do these Xenos have any kinds of disieses of plauges that we can explo- ahem I mean aid them with?
>>
File: Bone-Golem.gif (57KB, 348x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bone-Golem.gif
57KB, 348x400px
>>34383406
No. They should be used for ED if the guard ever uses them. But I think the Ordo Hereticus would love to have some discount Grey Knights at their beck and call
>>
>>34383366
If the Bonemass proves in any way disingenuous about joining the Imperial faith, his people will have a high price to pay.

That said, making him secretly manipulative and good at covering his tracks, making himself seem like the perfect Imperial puppet is pretty good characterization, and keeps the Kryasch from being perfect servants/allies to humanity.
>>
>>34383470
No, but you could potentially starve them into being brittle and smashing them. Then again it's damn near impossible to starve them as long as they get carbon, calcium and a few other Trace metals.
>>
>>34383444
I thought we decided against them joining the Tau because they're too far away to interact with them on any grand level.
>>
>>34383515
A company of them might have joined the Democles crusaide and were left behind? So thus given a place in the Tau empire where they could start anew?
>>
>>34383478
It's difficult to speak on behalf of our sister ordos at this time. We would also be unwise to let Discount Grey Knights spread too far out of our arsenal.
>>
File: bone_golem_by_jaedub03-d4rojig.jpg (10KB, 145x200px) Image search: [Google]
bone_golem_by_jaedub03-d4rojig.jpg
10KB, 145x200px
>>34383515
Damn, I stand corrected, thank you anon. Then two, the Imperial Bonemass Ivorok, and the Tribal Bonemass Triglav?
>>
>>34383515
True, but they do seem a bit too... Perfect, if you will. Perhaps this "Bonelord" is none too happy with his people's obsession with our society an wants to take back control of his people. That could add an interesting layer to the civil war discussion from earlier.
>>
>>34383537
Good point, but I don't think we ever decided on when exactly these aliens were joining us. I got the impression that this council of Inquisitors to decide their fate was taking place in 999.M41, meaning they wouldn't be in our service long enough to fight the Tau.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (11KB, 202x249px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
11KB, 202x249px
>>34383478
I meant EOD, explosive ordinance disposal. Their durable bodies, deliberate natures, and calm, steady personas would make them excellent bomb defusers. However their technical ineptitude would mean that they would require a handler. Good thing they take direction well.
>>
>>34383586
You know, I never actually decided on that.
>>
>>34383609
How big a problem are defusable explosives in 40k, anyway? Most of the ones I see are Imperials blowing up an enemy obstacle, while most xenos/chaos ordnance is coming at you in missile or grenade form.
>>
File: golembod.gif (56KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
golembod.gif
56KB, 300x360px
>>34383582
The Bonemasses are essentially the love children of an elder brain and Gravelord Nito. Whatever they do they do for a reason. They should definitely be able to compete with Eldrad in a game of Just As Planned. If there is a civil war it should be between the two Bonemasses
>>
File: 11048.jpg (54KB, 320x393px) Image search: [Google]
11048.jpg
54KB, 320x393px
>>34383646
True, what would the patient and deliberate Kryasch be able to do within the inperium... espionage perhaps? Cult busting?
>>
>>34383692
Which also opens up a secret reason for the Bonemass Imperator to request an alliance with humanity. In addition to finally allowing his people to rejoin the faith they have become slave to for millennia, the Imperium would provide assistance in crushing the rebel Bonemass and his forces.
>>
>>34383586
We can say that they got the approval from Ordo Xenos right after the Democles Crusaide
>>
>>34383692
I see. Perhaps there already is war war happening, it's simply too subtle for us to see?
>>
>>34383730
It was suggested earlier >>34380571 that their photographic memories would serve them as reconnaissance troops spying on enemy positions and formations.
>>
What will they think of Necrons? Pretenders? Gods? Thier version of the perfect individual?
>>
>>34383735
Indeed, a splendid idea anon. However this could also give the Tribal Bonemass Triglav reason to join the Tau or some such, as they could provide a foothold in that sector.
>>
File: 1408748395977.png (25KB, 1319x290px) Image search: [Google]
1408748395977.png
25KB, 1319x290px
>>34383765
So basically Warforged Ninjas. The Kryasch should definitely be played in Dark Heresy
>>
>>34383812
Hopefully, they've never encountered them before, and we can focus their minds with our own records of them. They must see as we do, that the Necrons are an ancient, heartless evil that must be eliminated from the galaxy if humanity and the Kryasch can ever know peace. Tales of the horrors the Necrons unleash should convince them of their villainy just fine.
>>
>>34383812
Most hated enemies, or possibly brothers.
34382949 noted that they should be c'tan creations. I would edge more towards icy contempt. Perhaps the Bonemasses can remember the fraternal bond between the necron and kryasch
>>
>>34383828
Potentially, but too much distance between Kryasch could eliminate the need for their civil war in the first place. Half the species in the Eastern Fringe would have little reason to battle the other half all the way over in the Mandragorian Stars.

Perhaps their entire civil war is partially a sham built to compel their citizens to spread out into the galaxy and build a rapport with other species. The Imperator Kryasch and Rebel Kryasch could be playing the same scam on multiple potential allies.
>>
Can some one make a 1d4chan page? We do need to iron out some details though. For example we need to make them a touch more grimdark. We already have the elder brain like manipulative shadow dictators that are the Bonemasses, but over all the Kryasch are turning out to kinda Mary sueish
>>
>>34383924
That's a good idea, maybe Bonemass Imperator and Bonemass Triglav share a mental bond that let's them coordinate
>>
>>34383960
I can't really apply that label to anything without an identifiable military. So far there's been no consensus on how these things fight, and in 40k, that's all that really matters. If we make them complete badasses compared to any Imperial force, then yeah, total Mary Sue race, but I can't throw that at them quite yet.

Also, just because they're currently trying to manipulate their neighbors doesn't mean they'll actually succeed at doing so. One wrong step and it'll be an Exterminatus all over Calvarius.
>>
>>34384001
I really like the idea of adding countless tons of crazy on both bonemasses. Maybe their link is a split-personality kind of deal. Sometimes they're working together, sometimes they genuinely want to destroy one another and the fools that follow the "wrong half".

There's some grimdark right there: a manipulator that's too crazy to get what he wants. And his people suffer for it.
>>
File: bone_golem_by_thenecros-d41exsg.jpg (134KB, 900x654px) Image search: [Google]
bone_golem_by_thenecros-d41exsg.jpg
134KB, 900x654px
>>34384005
I don't remember where but one anon recommended simple weaponry based on their own crystals found in their bodies. Plus what ever imperial weapons are lent to loyalist kryasch, or whatever the tribals can steal.
>>
>>34384031
I think that's a tad too chaotic for the Kryasch, it's definitely a good idea, but I think it's been established that they are very collected and deliberate. Let's get a consensus before we make it canon
>>
>>34384005
They are slow, they are steady. They have fast combat forms in the way that the Tyranids have the pyrovore. The propagators are roughly humanoid but fairly robust in terms of toughness and not nearly as slow as congregators. Congregators should be as varied as possible but it should really boil down to skittery trygon like things, hulking shambling brutes, and tanklike/tyrannofex like weapon platforms where all the gems gather into some sort if super weapon. No fliers. Burrowers yes, definitely. But no natural fliers
>>
>>34384111
>>34384031
I like the idea, but I'll wait for more votes for it. So far, the bonemasses are the only characters we've made for them.
>>
Anybody gonna archive this?
>>
>>34384005
Although resistant to weather, I couldn't see them having much resistance to physical damage or age, which is why they multiply so frequently. Perhaps their max lifespan would be 60 or 50 unless they combined or reproduced.
>>
>>34384111
It is good theming though. The most orderly civilization in the galaxy doesn't realize that they're led by an insane fool.
Makes for good grimdark.
>>
>>34384299
I like the idea of a short lifespan for propagators, while congregators are structurally immortal if they can keep combining with others. Despite being tougher than humans, they definitely won't be any more resilient than, say, orks. Everything should be tougher than humans. There's no shame in that.

>>34384249
I have no idea how.
>>
>>34384299
Hell no anon, the most basic Propagator is almost as tough as a termie, they should be limited in size. The Congregators are the result of centuries of "dead" kryasch or the binding if several alive ones. We should definitely make them limited in number and long lasting considering that they have like, zero squishy bits
>>
>>34384360
They should be almost as 'ard as crons.
>>
Are we in agreement that Kryasch naming conventions are vaguely Russian and they are a patient and steady race, save for their shifty s fuck Bonemasses? A decent dash of xenophobia would be welcome however. I think that they are aloof and secretive, but once you have earned a kryasch's trust you have made a strong ally for life
>>
Alright, I need a consensus then:
Long-lived and dead 'ard but with a low population, or short-lived and slightly-arder-than-humans but with a bigger population?
>>
File: 1408853654096.gif (2MB, 487x304px) Image search: [Google]
1408853654096.gif
2MB, 487x304px
>>34384469
I say sparse 'n dead 'ard. Fits their personality better and allows for them to be more secretive. Who's with me?
>>
Back to inspirational pic dumping
>>
File: Svog227thVeteransPlasma10.jpg (94KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Svog227thVeteransPlasma10.jpg
94KB, 800x600px
>>34384644
>>
Kryasch seem kind of dwarf-like to me.
>>
File: bone_golem_by_u_ra_cil-d52ff5x.jpg (333KB, 848x964px) Image search: [Google]
bone_golem_by_u_ra_cil-d52ff5x.jpg
333KB, 848x964px
>>34384659
A Congregator
>>
>>34384589
I disagree. Their logical and social nature should gear them towards a smaller frame and they should have shorter lifespans so that they have pressure to reproduce or combine.
>>
>>34384709
That's good, right? Sounds like a positive quality.
>>
File: harpybullshit.png (449KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
harpybullshit.png
449KB, 750x1000px
>>34384709
You would be right. But they're cooler
>>
>>34384732
I don't see how being like a dwarf would be a bad thing.

>>34384739
Well they're [anti-]magical shape-shifting bone golems that use energy gem weapons, eat minerals and can turn into pretty much a Gravelord Nito if they become a Bonemass. It's kind of hard to top that.
>>
That's it for me. I feel that we made great progress in judging these potential subjects of the Imperium, but some more deliberation may be required. Was anyone able to archive this?
>>
>>34384922
Probably not. We don't even know how to.
>>
File: Aliens-Skeleton.jpg (43KB, 365x365px) Image search: [Google]
Aliens-Skeleton.jpg
43KB, 365x365px
Shall we take it 1d4chan and flesh out the Kryasch more there?
>>
>>34385008
I'm not sure about that. Edit wars may run rampart unless we shovel the responsibility onto Dingus, and that's kinda rude.
>>
>>34385008
Do what you must in order to preserve our efforts.

Night guys. Ave Imperator.
>>
Arcive dis ya stoopid git!!
>>
>>34385008
We've still got some more space on here to flesh them out more. I'd wait to involve 1d4chan until we have a finished product for these guys.
>>
Is this the archive, or am I missing something?
https://archive.moe/tg/thread/34372856/
>>
>>34385043
No, it's cool. I got this. I'll archive it with 4chan then I'll try with suptg, which may be hard since I'm on my phone. I've been the fag that's been supplying pics, ALL OF THEM. I thought I'd namefag for a second so you know who to look for on 1d4chan. I'll set up a page there and we can continue the discussion, if we're done here that is
>>
>>34384031
well, the bonemasses can grow more than one brain
it's kind of like an animal growing out of control, like if a really old lobster were to grow 5 claws, 19 legs and 3 heads
>>
I Archived it ^_^
>>
>>34385739
The thought is is that it's a Collective intelligence, or multiple intelligences deposited into one
>>
>>34385783
I thought it was the opposite, one consciousness developed into a self loathing schizophrenia.
>>
>>34374927
Boners from outer space.
>>
File: download (5).jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>34385829
Why can't it be both?
>>
File: 40kig049.jpg (96KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
40kig049.jpg
96KB, 800x600px
We should really take the discussion here in case of 404
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Talk:Kryasch
>>
>>34372856
>not giving them emperors mercy as sign of good will, for their acceptance of the emperor

>intergration

you disgust me, fellow imperial
>>
File: download (2).jpg (22KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
22KB, 226x223px
>>34385936
>>34385936
Just read the thread, you will see why an exception can be made
>>
>be aspect warrior
>killing mon'keighs left and right
>barely breaking a sweat
>suddenly my blade stops abruptly
>did I hit a rock or something?
>guardsman in front of me looks up
>empty sockets glowing white
>ohgodwhatthefuck
>tears off his mask
>he's a skeleton
>they're all skeletons
>dreadful feeling in my mind, as if surrounded by psychic black lights
>smacked in the face with a club
>wake up
>miraculously got away
>tell the others my story
>they don't believe me
>they don't know
>>
Badass Skele-xenos fighting for the Emperor and Imperium?

That would be nice. Double so if it was canon.
>>
If they have perfect memory does that carry over when they combine? Would a bonemass have the memories of thousands of lifetimes?
>>
>>34389368
why do you think they're so smart?
plus they're personalities can confolict making them slightly schizophrenic
>>
>>34383336
Would the blank aura freak out the Tau? It tends to freak out humans but humans know what it is, whereas the Tau would find themselves uncomfortable with no idea why.
>>
>>34389486
the tau have little to no warp presence
meaning they'd have no clue why everyone's so freaked out by them
except for the fact that they're skeletons
>>
I was thinking. What if some of those Kryasch can transform into different forms depending on their role in their tribes, the skills they have, as well as their mentality.

Thus some would transform into large warrior-like skele-xenos (a number of them would be as strong as Marines in Termie Armours with sufficient age and training) with high bone mass and density, some into akin to assassins with onyx bones (also hollowed and long) or scouts, and so on.

But you'd probably be uninterested in this concept.
>>
>>34389818
they're more based around animal spirits
plus they've got the protestant pragmatic hardwork dogma thing
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 94x158px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 94x158px
Gentlemen - combine laser skellingtons, you say?
>>
>>34389368
That makes them a natural database. Perhaps a bonemass could be the equivalent to a server. It would help with digestion of information an make them very good at Intelligence. The bonemass sends a scout to recon the absorbs it and processes the information. It also adds some grimdark.
>>
>>34391515
it shouldn't stray too far from the main theme, he can be like an ancestral spiritual leader, speaking in the voices of the spirits and ancestors. kind of like a big chieftain nito
>>
>>34388147
The Krysach are smart enough to always let one survive to spread rumors.
>>
>>34391538
It's sort of like dream reading, I'd assume.

>>34391515
Do they know? Might be neat if they see themselves as the hand of the God Emperor, full fanatic.
>>
File: Crazy Santa.jpg (112KB, 400x443px) Image search: [Google]
Crazy Santa.jpg
112KB, 400x443px
Has the Imperium according to lore ever allowed a xenos race to fall into the ranks of imperial society? I don't exceptions like Rogue Traders and Inquisitors. I mean like, full on, planets of billions of aliens praising the emprah and fighting alongside imperial guard troops.
>>
>>34392194
Not that I can think of, but I always got the feeling it was because no xenos ever tried to join before.
>>
>>34392194
if you count ogryn and ratlings
>>
>>34392304
Mutants are an entirely different kind of heresy altogether.
>>
>>34392304
They are human mutants.
>>
File: m0rgZwy6Dy2kT0QQqzHC5Gw.jpg (7KB, 225x155px) Image search: [Google]
m0rgZwy6Dy2kT0QQqzHC5Gw.jpg
7KB, 225x155px
Don't forget to post here http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Talk:Kryasch#Culture_Talk
>>
>>34392304
They are abhumans, not even mutants, mutants are entirely random, abhumans are stable.
>>
File: 2092041-demilich1.jpg (16KB, 298x370px) Image search: [Google]
2092041-demilich1.jpg
16KB, 298x370px
Bump
>>
The speshul in this thread is reaching critical mass.
>>
>>34372856
What about a sentient world that hacked the ships data servers and has found a liking to humans, imitating creations which look like them?

Too Spooky`?
>>
>>34393975
Explain so we can improve the Kryasch
>>
>>34394035
Define "imitating". A living planet could be very cool.
>>
File: 1275502898452.jpg (35KB, 246x275px) Image search: [Google]
1275502898452.jpg
35KB, 246x275px
>>34372856
Silence the heretic.
>>
>>34395251
No my Lordship. Now you are having skeletal xenos that are now your biggest fans.
>>
File: 1385326593952.jpg (154KB, 604x598px) Image search: [Google]
1385326593952.jpg
154KB, 604x598px
>>34395251
I thought you could get along considering you are both skeletons.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (15KB, 323x156px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
15KB, 323x156px
>>34395454
Mini Anathmae no less
>>
>>34393975
I was under the impression that the Emperor pardoned a few species of Xenos and that the Inquisition, particularly the more radical ones, were, on occasion, willing to overlook certain useful xenos, such as Jorkero.

I dunno, I've always read the Emp's issue with xenos being the really crazy abomination shit that goes on in the HH books. Seriously, that shit is terrifying.
>>
>>34396619

>I wish to disembark Bones-sama's rambunctious palanquin!
>>
>>34375709
Nah, too overdone.

Maybe their homeworld is just a huge continent, making the center-parts much more arid and with extreme temperatures than the coasts. Think like Pangaea, the early supercontinent. Monsoons and hurricanes given power by the eternal seas hitting the coasts, and beyond the mountains an arid desert with temperatures up to 40ºC and below freezing at night.
>>
>>34373197
Codex Robo-ants when?
>>
>>34398490
I agree with this.
If they were demonstrably useful and little threat, they might get tolerated until that changed.
A reliable source of those anti-psychic dudes would justify at least keeping them as slaves
>>
>>34399004
I'm not up enough on my climatology to know off the top of my head, but it's entirely conceivable that a proper arrangement of continents could result in a climatic oscilator, kinda like a turbo-charged El Niño.
And having little to no mountains in the far north/south would result in polar winds sweeping from the north during the proper season. Add in an east-west moisture wind at the proper latitude and you've got tornado weather.

What do we say we put it in a semi-archaen stage? Perhaps a large and close moon that places massive gravitational strain? Resulting in a dynamic crust?
>>
>>34400163
How is it slavery when the Kryasch legitamely love to work (a trait encouraged by both Bonemasses)?
>>
>>34401157
Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.
>>
>>34403653
If the mind that is too small to doubt is blessed, what is the mind that literally doesn't exist for a skeleton?
Thread posts: 263
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.